Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,691 members, 7,831,141 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:20 PM

Poor Grades In School: Come To My Aid Nlders, I Need Your Advice - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Poor Grades In School: Come To My Aid Nlders, I Need Your Advice (28313 Views)

How To Attain Good Grades In Your First Year At The University / I'm In 300 Level With Poor Grades: Advice Needed / See How Facebook Drastically Improved My Son's Grades In School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Poor Grades In School: Come To My Aid Nlders, I Need Your Advice by NOBODYY: 10:21am On Dec 11, 2015

2 Likes

Re: Poor Grades In School: Come To My Aid Nlders, I Need Your Advice by OZAOEKPE(f): 10:22am On Dec 11, 2015
ITS NOT THE END OF THE WORLD BRO, YOU CAN STILL MAKE IT................... PMB FAILED HOW MANY TIMES BUT TODAY HES THE PRESIDENT OF A ZOO, JUST BELIEVE IN YOURSELF
Re: Poor Grades In School: Come To My Aid Nlders, I Need Your Advice by Sijo01(f): 10:23am On Dec 11, 2015
Will committing suicide improve your grades? Wake up my friend and act according to your moniker

2 Likes

Re: Poor Grades In School: Come To My Aid Nlders, I Need Your Advice by holyokoto(m): 10:23am On Dec 11, 2015
What are you waiting for, do that fast!
Re: Poor Grades In School: Come To My Aid Nlders, I Need Your Advice by luthorcorp: 10:23am On Dec 11, 2015
hmmm,dis is strong...
Re: Poor Grades In School: Come To My Aid Nlders, I Need Your Advice by Malakh: 10:23am On Dec 11, 2015
go ahead and do it,why r u telling us, like what's in a degree, you are so shallow that your life depends on it, stupid fool
Re: Poor Grades In School: Come To My Aid Nlders, I Need Your Advice by kestolove95(m): 10:23am On Dec 11, 2015
Oya na...we no go cry for u
Re: Poor Grades In School: Come To My Aid Nlders, I Need Your Advice by kajoula(m): 10:23am On Dec 11, 2015
You are entitled to your opinion ....Go and die

1 Like

Re: Poor Grades In School: Come To My Aid Nlders, I Need Your Advice by Nobody: 10:24am On Dec 11, 2015
bro.. i tried the same thing at one time in 400-level.. but look at me today.. had I gone ahead with my plan.. grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Poor Grades In School: Come To My Aid Nlders, I Need Your Advice by Fynestboi: 10:24am On Dec 11, 2015
AmNotADullard:
I am opened to answer any question

What's your course? I believe your problem started with the department you picked in your secondary school....
Re: Poor Grades In School: Come To My Aid Nlders, I Need Your Advice by Dsrooftiles: 10:24am On Dec 11, 2015
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Poor Grades In School: Come To My Aid Nlders, I Need Your Advice by VOICEOFJUSTICE: 10:25am On Dec 11, 2015
ROTIMI AZUBUIKE AMAECHI GRADUATED FROM UNIPORT WITH THIRD CLASS. GO AND ASK HIM IF AM LYING

1 Like

Re: Poor Grades In School: Come To My Aid Nlders, I Need Your Advice by Doubleas(m): 10:25am On Dec 11, 2015
go ahead......
Re: Poor Grades In School: Come To My Aid Nlders, I Need Your Advice by Koolking(m): 10:25am On Dec 11, 2015
Please go ahead with pleasure. Poor grades are end of the road to achieving your dream.
Re: Poor Grades In School: Come To My Aid Nlders, I Need Your Advice by actright2(m): 10:27am On Dec 11, 2015
Committing suicide will in no way help to solve your problem. It will only add more as the Owner of your soul will demand from you an explanation on why you took your soul. Please consult an Academic Counsellor/Psychologist.
Re: Poor Grades In School: Come To My Aid Nlders, I Need Your Advice by Idrismusty97(m): 10:27am On Dec 11, 2015
AmNotADullard:
I wouldn't deny it that one reason why I am trying to forge ahead is because of my Dad, seeing him "some things" to train us, in all aspect(morally, academically, spiritually). I can't imagine me telling him continuously about my 'F's' talk more of saying I want to leave school. I forbid and God forbid what would happen to him... That's what scares me most.
Since you know this then forge on! Pick something that will motivate you and keep moving forward. Do you want to see your dad disappointed face always? Do you want all the hundreds of thousands spent in sending you to school go down the drain? And you said your parents aren't really financially buoyant now, That's all the more reason to pick yourself up and keep moving forward. Unless you have a plan, Or a passion for something else. You know, School isn't always the route to success. If you really want to do something else explain it to your dad. I hope your dad is understanding and not the "my-son-must-go-to-school" type of dad.
Re: Poor Grades In School: Come To My Aid Nlders, I Need Your Advice by lacasera14(m): 10:28am On Dec 11, 2015
similar case with me just that my results are good. wrote jamb 5 times, same age 22 , I would like to know your department bro.
Re: Poor Grades In School: Come To My Aid Nlders, I Need Your Advice by Makamuanwuo(m): 10:28am On Dec 11, 2015
AmNotADullard:
Good day Nairalanders, the time I started writing this is 3:22am, whether am a popular NLder or not doesn't matter, but I would like to Conceal my identity. These would be a bit long, because I would want to explain all what is happening and has been happening to me concerning my education.

I am from the eastern part of Nigeria, and school somewhere in the south, part of the top 10 universities in Nigeria.
Back in my, Primary and Junior secondary school, I was extremely brilliant, always part of first 3, a lot of times I was 1st in class and best overall. Even my junior waec, I was so happy, people were happy for me.

The problem started in my secondary school, I noticed I started dropping, my 2nd term in SS1, I was 21/23 in class, same school, same class mates.
I thought maybe I had started playing to much, so I stopped all what I figured out could be the problem, yet there was no solution, my parents got me private teachers for my core subjects. Once they are with me, I would understand what they teach me, when they leave, I don't slack, I continue reading and reading, when exam comes, it would seem like I wasn't the one who read. A day before the exam, it would be fresh in my head and when I even write the exam, my mind would be like "you have killed it"
My parents would ask how it was, my reply would be: "yes, it was perfect, expecting the perfect result".

When I see my result, I would as usual fail virtually everything.
Still, I managed to go/forge ahead, I was able to pass my WASSCE in one sitting, how I did that I don't know, not that I passed outstandingly, I only had 'credit' in all the subject I was expect to have grade 'C'.

Then the hustle for Jamb came, let it be known that I wrote jamb 5 times, and the 5th time was when I got admitted to my school of choice.

Currently in my 200level, we resumed a new session about 2months ago. Now to what caused dis write up.

My first semester of 100level result: C, F, A, D, D.

A terrible result for someone in 100level, yes, I know. I felt too relaxed first semester, played a lot.
I determined that 2nd semester would be better, not that I was expecting all A's but I didn't want any F.
So my whole 2nd semester was reading all through, I read to the extent that I started feeling sure I should have A's in at least 3 out of 6 courses.

But when the result came in, it was worse than my first semester without me playing or getting distracted,
My 2nd semester of 100level result: C, F, C, E, C,F

And now 200level has kicked off, but something is happening to me.

I don't think I can survive this anymore,
My parents don't have money, my dad is struggling to send us to school.
None of my siblings work,
I have been contemplating different means of ending my life,
I move about with shame, I don't sleep anymore, I can't get my head straight, I would stay awake all night crying and praying for a change in my academic life.

I have done all what I think I can humanly do, hence why the thought of taking my life,
I know I can't create a life, but of what use is one that doesn't seem to make people happy?
But then, I decided to come on here, to ask if there is something else in reading I am not doing apart from, reading.... I have applied all the reading techniques applicable, jot while reading, revise, ask myself questions, and all. But still after exam, I don't seem to have that desired result, I have prayed countless times.

By my side is a chemical I got when I discovered I had 2f's. Education, they say is the best legacy. But in my case it isn't sure if it would be, I am a business oriented person, but no money to even establish myself, so that's not an option, please Nairalanders, I don't wish to Take my life, please is there anything you can suggest to me other than suicide and constant reading and prayers. I am 22years of age.

cry
God bless.

what are u waiting for
Re: Poor Grades In School: Come To My Aid Nlders, I Need Your Advice by Malakh: 10:29am On Dec 11, 2015
AmNotADullard:
I wouldn't deny it that one reason why I am trying to forge ahead is because of my Dad, seeing him "some things" to train us, in all aspect(morally, academically, spiritually). I can't imagine me telling him continuously about my 'F's' talk more of saying I want to leave school. I forbid and God forbid what would happen to him... That's what scares me most.
tell him education is not the best legacy,and why should you live your life to please him,what happened to your happiness, drop out of school or do what's best for you.
Re: Poor Grades In School: Come To My Aid Nlders, I Need Your Advice by mysticgal(f): 10:29am On Dec 11, 2015
Op, don't get discouraged only the strong weather life. Death would not bring achievements but determination would.
Re: Poor Grades In School: Come To My Aid Nlders, I Need Your Advice by menix(m): 10:30am On Dec 11, 2015
OP u re a liar sha..

Wrote jamb 5 times nd now in 200 level nd u re still 22yrs..

Nwanne stop this bus make I come down...

Thou if it's someone u know that it's happening to, tell him that his got a spiritual wife..

They start with ur educational background to ensure your life is not the same so that u can play to the their game..
Re: Poor Grades In School: Come To My Aid Nlders, I Need Your Advice by cana882(m): 10:32am On Dec 11, 2015
I understand u because I was lyk u. Was d best truout ma primary skol. Even entered secondary frm pry3(1st mistake). D pressure of doing well was on me as at 10yrs which I coped wit till my ss. Jst found myself nt coping any more. Finally got admission 2 a university in Nigeria which I left 2 study in Ghana. Along all dis path, I discovered dat my peers, hobbies, girlfriend, & lifestyle at a point in my life influenced my academic performance which reflected on my result. I decided 2 put an end 2 it by relocating(2 chng peers), brk-up wit my gf, focus of God(not church activities), & had a motto "wen ur tired of reading, u read som more". I graduated wit a gud result & nw furthering in medical skol. Blv in 2 things; urself & God. Dnt tink of nw, bt of d nxt 10yrs wea u will b. U wil rememba dis & laff ova it wit frnds. God b wit u

2 Likes

Re: Poor Grades In School: Come To My Aid Nlders, I Need Your Advice by columbus007(m): 10:32am On Dec 11, 2015
Sidren of nowadayz undecided
Re: Poor Grades In School: Come To My Aid Nlders, I Need Your Advice by dammytosh: 10:32am On Dec 11, 2015
You need to admit that u are a dullard first.

You lack concentration and need to work on it.

On the chemical and suicide attempt, it speaks a lot about you. You give up easily.

So my guess is that when u are reading and it becomes less interesting, u give up and pretnd to read.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Poor Grades In School: Come To My Aid Nlders, I Need Your Advice by criminalmindz: 10:33am On Dec 11, 2015
@OP. DONT GIVE IN.....
Re: Poor Grades In School: Come To My Aid Nlders, I Need Your Advice by Nobody: 10:34am On Dec 11, 2015
OP, apply for the Andela Fellowship Programme & give it your BEST shot. It's a 4 year programme, and you'll be paid all through those years. It's a better option compared to an imminent third class degree, and I'm sure you'll scale through with adequate mentorship & preparation.

If you are eventually chosen, please drop out. Give yourself some break, while working & learning at Andela. You may go for a part-time programme later in the future if you so wish.

1 Like

Re: Poor Grades In School: Come To My Aid Nlders, I Need Your Advice by Nobody: 10:34am On Dec 11, 2015
AmNotADullard:
Good day Nairalanders, the time I started writing this is 3:22am, whether am a popular NLder or not doesn't matter, but I would like to Conceal my identity. These would be a bit long, because I would want to explain all what is happening and has been happening to me concerning my education.

I am from the eastern part of Nigeria, and school somewhere in the south, part of the top 10 universities in Nigeria.
Back in my, Primary and Junior secondary school, I was extremely brilliant, always part of first 3, a lot of times I was 1st in class and best overall. Even my junior waec, I was so happy, people were happy for me.

The problem started in my secondary school, I noticed I started dropping, my 2nd term in SS1, I was 21/23 in class, same school, same class mates.
I thought maybe I had started playing to much, so I stopped all what I figured out could be the problem, yet there was no solution, my parents got me private teachers for my core subjects. Once they are with me, I would understand what they teach me, when they leave, I don't slack, I continue reading and reading, when exam comes, it would seem like I wasn't the one who read. A day before the exam, it would be fresh in my head and when I even write the exam, my mind would be like "you have killed it"
My parents would ask how it was, my reply would be: "yes, it was perfect, expecting the perfect result".

When I see my result, I would as usual fail virtually everything.
Still, I managed to go/forge ahead, I was able to pass my WASSCE in one sitting, how I did that I don't know, not that I passed outstandingly, I only had 'credit' in all the subject I was expect to have grade 'C'.

Then the hustle for Jamb came, let it be known that I wrote jamb 5 times, and the 5th time was when I got admitted to my school of choice.

Currently in my 200level, we resumed a new session about 2months ago. Now to what caused dis write up.

My first semester of 100level result: C, F, A, D, D.

A terrible result for someone in 100level, yes, I know. I felt too relaxed first semester, played a lot.
I determined that 2nd semester would be better, not that I was expecting all A's but I didn't want any F.
So my whole 2nd semester was reading all through, I read to the extent that I started feeling sure I should have A's in at least 3 out of 6 courses.

But when the result came in, it was worse than my first semester without me playing or getting distracted,
My 2nd semester of 100level result: C, F, C, E, C,F

And now 200level has kicked off, but something is happening to me.

I don't think I can survive this anymore,
My parents don't have money, my dad is struggling to send us to school.
None of my siblings work,
I have been contemplating different means of ending my life,
I move about with shame, I don't sleep anymore, I can't get my head straight, I would stay awake all night crying and praying for a change in my academic life.

I have done all what I think I can humanly do, hence why the thought of taking my life,
I know I can't create a life, but of what use is one that doesn't seem to make people happy?
But then, I decided to come on here, to ask if there is something else in reading I am not doing apart from, reading.... I have applied all the reading techniques applicable, jot while reading, revise, ask myself questions, and all. But still after exam, I don't seem to have that desired result, I have prayed countless times.

By my side is a chemical I got when I discovered I had 2f's. Education, they say is the best legacy. But in my case it isn't sure if it would be, I am a business oriented person, but no money to even establish myself, so that's not an option, please Nairalanders, I don't wish to Take my life, please is there anything you can suggest to me other than suicide and constant reading and prayers. I am 22years of age.

cry
God bless.

please kill yourself!

after you done killing yourself, just make sure you are really deadundecided
Re: Poor Grades In School: Come To My Aid Nlders, I Need Your Advice by femi4: 10:34am On Dec 11, 2015
AmNotADullard:

Very grateful sir,
My dad who is uneducated, but told me he wanted to be an accountant at my age, I don't want to be a disappointment to him, he has struggled enough to see us go to school, how do I tell him semester in semester out that it is 'F' I have in box for him as a reward for his struggles over me, how do I tell him that the saying he has made to be constant in our ears "education is the best legacy" I have decided to drop out or back out from it. Left to me, I would have loved to go into what I love doing but were is the money, I collect a little above 1500naira per week with my only provision been garri. All ways lead to nowhere in my case, it gets so bad I start thinking spiritually, family issues Sir, life can be so unfair.
Finally, this is where your problem lies, you are trying to fulfil your father's dream not yours.

Discover yourself and study to your strength. You have no biz with accounting if you are poor mathematically.
Locate your strength and study a course in that line

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Poor Grades In School: Come To My Aid Nlders, I Need Your Advice by danbrowndmf(m): 10:35am On Dec 11, 2015
OP. Nigerian society has made ous to believe that once u have a bad grade or couldn't make 2/1 u wouldn't make it in life..OP take ur self away from that theory.Check your self well there is something you can actually do better apart from going to school.don't get me wrong,i did not say u should drop out from school...keep going even if ur not making good grade but find something u love doing most that makes u happy & can also fatch you money.try to invest much of your time in such thing you might just make a living through it.school no be for everybody..you case is like mine ..but in my own case i write exams for people,they make good grade but whenever i write mine my grade is nothing to write home about..write now i'm investing in what i love you most....cc AmNotADullard

you can always send me a mail if you need my advice..dmfederation@gmail.com
Re: Poor Grades In School: Come To My Aid Nlders, I Need Your Advice by AbuMaryam1(m): 10:36am On Dec 11, 2015
AmNotADullard:
I am opened to answer any question
If you want to be rich and happy don't go to school, it sound weird, right? That's the fact. Our educational system has been design to make us looks fools if we felt to perform in other sectors. God did not create foolish person but our educational system do.if you fell academically does not mean you are a foolish man in life, go ahead and explore yourself in what you feel you are perfect. The grading method of our schools discriminate and makes people hopeless in life. Believe me I've been to only primary school in my life, ever I sight the light I quit and I'm comfortable now, some of my employees are graduate they have to teach me English language else no salary........ grin

1 Like

Re: Poor Grades In School: Come To My Aid Nlders, I Need Your Advice by Nobody: 10:36am On Dec 11, 2015
gunpoint:

Look young man, a degree is a degree is a degree.
50% of all graduates end up in banking anyways, and banks take anything, and i mean anything. Back when i was in the country, i worked with medical doctors and soil science graduates in these banks, all of us doing operations or marketing.
Don't stress yourself, if accounting is stressing you, change your dreams, what course unit did you make an A in for example? It will help us know your strengths

Did you just say medical doctors? No lie put nah
Re: Poor Grades In School: Come To My Aid Nlders, I Need Your Advice by Onogueks(m): 10:36am On Dec 11, 2015
Op,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

10 Categories Of Students That Request For Extra Booklets During Exam / 35 Common Equations In Chemistry That You Must Know / My FUTO Lodge-Mate's Roommate Is A Child Trafficker

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.