Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:08 AM

Referendum: All FG Properties Will Go To Biafra, Debts To Nigeria - OEAS - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Referendum: All FG Properties Will Go To Biafra, Debts To Nigeria - OEAS (57326 Views)

OEAS Petitions European Union On Biafra Independence / REFERENDUM : All FG Properties Will Go To Biafra, Debts To Nigeria. PM NEWS. / Biafra: OEAS Demands Snap Referendum Winthin 90 Days (letter attached) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Referendum: All FG Properties Will Go To Biafra, Debts To Nigeria - OEAS by chikeFavor2000(m): 1:59pm On Dec 07, 2015
Watching in 3D
Re: Referendum: All FG Properties Will Go To Biafra, Debts To Nigeria - OEAS by Nobody: 2:01pm On Dec 07, 2015
shachris02:

Good. Now tell me, does boko haram dying for sharia make them true muslims?

No they kill for sharia and they claim they are the true Muslim while others Muslims like the Yoruba Muslims are fake Muslims.

Is what I heard them say... So mods make una no ban me oo... I get proof.

1 Like

Re: Referendum: All FG Properties Will Go To Biafra, Debts To Nigeria - OEAS by shachris02: 2:02pm On Dec 07, 2015
AfricanFinest:

No they kill for sharia and they claim they are the true Muslim while others Muslims like the Yoruba Muslims are fake Muslims.

you just said 'yes and no' at the same time. I need one answer.
Re: Referendum: All FG Properties Will Go To Biafra, Debts To Nigeria - OEAS by austinbrown: 2:02pm On Dec 07, 2015
50desh:
Have they (Biafrans) taught of how small their military strength will be?. Imagine a boko haram invasion in a little Biafra?.

Igi gogoro ma gun mi loju, a ti okere la ti n wo.
stop smoking weed

1 Like

Re: Referendum: All FG Properties Will Go To Biafra, Debts To Nigeria - OEAS by TheOnlyWiseMan: 2:05pm On Dec 07, 2015

1 Like

Re: Referendum: All FG Properties Will Go To Biafra, Debts To Nigeria - OEAS by Btruth: 2:06pm On Dec 07, 2015
I sincerely wish them all the luck in the world to achieve their aims. But, as i've earlier said that they should do everything with peace.
Re: Referendum: All FG Properties Will Go To Biafra, Debts To Nigeria - OEAS by simplisity(m): 2:07pm On Dec 07, 2015
ArodeTsolaye:
Igbo don't hate the north or SW or anyone for that matter. They invest in those regions, they embraced the SW by voting OBJ against Ekwueme and embraced the north by voting Yar adua against their own. Who have embraced them? Na only Igbo people sabi embrace others? I dey laugh. The mistake they made is thinking Igbo man cannot go for Biafra because he has invested in other regions.

Buhari the ethnic chauvinist divided the country he wants to govern with his utterances. He will reap the fruits in FULL MEASURE. By the time 60 million intelligent and resilient Biafrans world over are through with the zoo. It will never remain the same. grin
Ur sharp in thinking.

1 Like

Re: Referendum: All FG Properties Will Go To Biafra, Debts To Nigeria - OEAS by OFFICIAL336: 2:09pm On Dec 07, 2015
philip0906:
While a lot of us igbos are hustling, making money & building empires-from ladipo to ASPAMDA,Computer village, FESTAC town, Alaba International Market et al, some peeps are hallucinating about some imaginary paradise. . .very sad & pathetic
Nobody is asking you to come back, u can continue being a Nigerian. But respect the wishes of the people, for them to continuously close their shops protesting simply means they are fed up. Goodluck with your hustle.

4 Likes

Re: Referendum: All FG Properties Will Go To Biafra, Debts To Nigeria - OEAS by Nobody: 2:09pm On Dec 07, 2015
shachris02:

you just said 'yes and no' at the same time. I need one answer.
Is like you lack comprehension.
No be your question be this?

Good. Now tell me, does boko haram dying for sharia make them true muslims?

And I just answered you.

No bokoharamist don't die for sharia, they kill for sharia and they claim they are the true Muslim while others Muslims like the Yoruba Muslims are fake Muslims.
What if I choose to believe they are the real Muslim?

Anymore questions?

1 Like

Re: Referendum: All FG Properties Will Go To Biafra, Debts To Nigeria - OEAS by Oduduwaboy(m): 2:11pm On Dec 07, 2015
This continual emotional wanking is serious o!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Referendum: All FG Properties Will Go To Biafra, Debts To Nigeria - OEAS by StunningCEO: 2:13pm On Dec 07, 2015
ChappyChase:

What gets me angry is the continues silent of the President to address the issue!

'Continues'......Ibo englisss.

The president does not have to address a non-issue.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Referendum: All FG Properties Will Go To Biafra, Debts To Nigeria - OEAS by UmuEri(m): 2:13pm On Dec 07, 2015
Nothing, I repeat; nothing can stop the SUN from RISING!

4 Likes

Re: Referendum: All FG Properties Will Go To Biafra, Debts To Nigeria - OEAS by NovusHomo(m): 2:13pm On Dec 07, 2015
ArodeTsolaye:
Some people go just faint. Biafrans are moving. They are waiting for no man. Op please arrange it well. Let me help.

The Organization of Emerging African States (OEAS), an international governmental organization that promotes self-determination and the end to colonial era boundaries in
Africa has outlined reasons why there should a snap referendum for Biafra Republic.
OEAS noted that if there is a
secession, all “Property of the federal government within the borders of Biafra will become property of Biafra.

The Nigerian government however will retain all national debt. Biafra will then release the Nigerian government from any obligation to pay reparations for crimes committed during the war of
independence 1967-1970.”
OEAS noted that as of today the
people of Biafra are locked in an epic struggle with the Nigerian federal government, the inevitable result of which will likely be some form of self-determination for Biafra.
The OEAS wants a snap referendum
to be held within 90 days with OEAS,
UNPO, and UN, EU and AU nonaligned observers supervising the balloting process. Various effected groups and individuals have asked for details
which OEAS can now provide.

Why a Snap Referendum?
The people of Biafra have waited
almost 50 years to legitimize their
choice. There is no need to prolong
the process. A lengthy delay will no
doubt result in violence and
bloodshed as out of the area ruffians and intimidators come into the region to try to unlawfully influence results.

Who will be eligible to vote in the
Referendum?

All persons living within the confines
of the borders of the former Republic of Biafra as of January 1, 2016 will be eligible to vote. In addition, persons living outside the borders who can demonstrate significant ties to Biafra by family or property may choose to
vote as well.

What are the choices?
A. For total independence and the
restoration of the Republic of Biafra as a sovereign independent nation.

B. For internal self-rule as an
autonomous Biafra republic with its
own parliament, currency, police and prime minister but with external affairs and other matters handled by the Nigerian federal government.This would be an arrangement similar to
Scotland and the United Kingdom or
Greenland and Denmark.
C. For no change.

How many votes are required?
Whatever option above gets a plurality will be the chosen result.
If we choose an independent Biafra,
what then?
After an orderly transition period of
no more than 180 days, Biafra will
again be independent. Those who
wish to maintain their Nigerian
citizenship may do so but will be
under Biafran rule and must
affirmatively register themselves as
aliens. Likewise, those outside Biafra
with ties to Biafra may become Biafran citizens after renouncing Nigerian
citizenship.

What about former federal
government property?

Property of the federal government
within the borders of Biafra will
become property of Biafra. The
Nigerian government however will
retain all national debt. Biafra will then release the Nigerian government from any obligation to pay reparations for
crimes committed during the war of
independence 1967-1970.

What about the borders?
The borders with Nigeria must be
settled by the time of independence in order to avoid disorder and discord.
On the other hand, Biafra should not be obligated to follow any agreements
between Cameroun and Nigeria, any loss of territory must be subject to a democratic referendum.

Is all this really possible?
We answer emphatically is yes. The
people of the Autonomous Republic
of Crimea made their choice to leave
Ukraine under far more stressful
circumstances. The vote was so
overwhelmingly in favor that no
country has seriously challenged the
will of the people.

Finally, what about those criminals
who have oppressed Biafrans and
committed crimes and atrocities
against the people of Biafra?

A Truth and Reconciliation
Commission composed of Biafrans
and other experts will establish the
truth and investigate political and
genocidal crimes from 1967 to
present. The Committee will have the power to grant clemency and
forgiveness but also may make
recommendations as to prosecution in the most serious cases of crimes against humanity, war crimes, and genocide.

Lol @yeyenatus grin grin grin
Re: Referendum: All FG Properties Will Go To Biafra, Debts To Nigeria - OEAS by bongolistik(m): 2:16pm On Dec 07, 2015
shachris02:

the people asking those questions are not your enemies But sensible igbos. is south sudan better than Sudan? is Eritrea better than Ethiopia? What's your assurance that biafra would be better than Nigeria?
the assurance is that if Biafran play their card well, they will be better off than Nigeria. Go and check former Czechoslovakia, that was unbundled into Czech Republic and Slovakia, they are doing well cos they chose to do well. Mind you Czech Republic is landlocked and today they are among the 10th most peaceful nations of the world. Doing well all depends on the people and their leaders, it is a matter of choice, encouraging egalitarian societies and working together with learning and vision. A Chinese proverb goes like this "that a person who says it is impossible should not disturb the person doing it"

3 Likes

Re: Referendum: All FG Properties Will Go To Biafra, Debts To Nigeria - OEAS by shachris02: 2:16pm On Dec 07, 2015
AfricanFinest:

Is like you lack comprehension.
No be your question be this?

What if i choose to believe that they are the true moslems?

And I just answered you.

Anymore questions?

Good answer. Now what if i choose to believe that you are a misguide igbo son?
Re: Referendum: All FG Properties Will Go To Biafra, Debts To Nigeria - OEAS by Nobody: 2:17pm On Dec 07, 2015
StunningCEO:

'Continues'......Ibo englisss.

The president does not have to address a non-issue.

Issues not looked into will one day become a problem...

I believe you will be there to advise or agree with the president that it is a Non-problem

Which way 9ja...
Re: Referendum: All FG Properties Will Go To Biafra, Debts To Nigeria - OEAS by kingthreat(m): 2:17pm On Dec 07, 2015
Let Biafra go and get the yeeebos out of Nigeria
Re: Referendum: All FG Properties Will Go To Biafra, Debts To Nigeria - OEAS by shachris02: 2:17pm On Dec 07, 2015
bongolistik:
the assurance is that if Biafran play their card well, they will be better off than Nigeria. Go and check former Czechoslovakia, that was unbundled into Czech Republic and Slovakia, they are doing well cos they chose to do well. Mind you Czech Republic is landlocked and today they are among the 10th most peaceful nations of the world. Doing well all depends on the people and their leaders, it is a matter of choice, encouraging egalitarian societies and working together with learning and vision. A Chinese proverb goes like this "that a person who says it is impossible should not disturb the person doing it"

[size=38pt] angry HOW? [/size]
Re: Referendum: All FG Properties Will Go To Biafra, Debts To Nigeria - OEAS by TruthisGOD: 2:19pm On Dec 07, 2015
shachris02:

the people asking those questions are not your enemies But sensible igbos. is south sudan better than Sudan? is Eritrea better than Ethiopia? What's your assurance that biafra would be better than Nigeria?
So your myopic assumption is that if south sudan didn't survive, biafra won't survive? So if kunle couldn't get jamb cut off mark nobody can?

7 Likes

Re: Referendum: All FG Properties Will Go To Biafra, Debts To Nigeria - OEAS by Nobody: 2:19pm On Dec 07, 2015
shachris02:

Good answer. Now what if i choose to believe that you are a misguide igbo son?

First of all, Based on what fact are you doing the choosing and the believing?
Before I could answer you.
Or was it mere speculation which you are only entitled to. cheesy
And how does it relate to the first question, of who a true biafran is?
I think my response has put you off your hook and has shattered your intentions. you are now left confused. grin

2 Likes

Re: Referendum: All FG Properties Will Go To Biafra, Debts To Nigeria - OEAS by TheOnlyWiseMan: 2:21pm On Dec 07, 2015
nduchucks:
Hilarious jokers. cool
Keep dreaming of one Nigeria with biafrans.

1 Like

Re: Referendum: All FG Properties Will Go To Biafra, Debts To Nigeria - OEAS by bongolistik(m): 2:23pm On Dec 07, 2015
AfricanFinest:

Issues not looked into will one day become a problem...

I believe you will be there to advise or agree with the president that it is a Non-problem

Which way 9ja...
And same way they thought killing of Muhammad Yusuf extrajudicially is none issue has turned into the worst nightmare for the FG. Nigerians have great problems and they treat everything that does not involve looting of the country's treasury with kid's glove. Why is the country so backward today? I can tell you that it is the Nigerians mentalities; always awkward

2 Likes

Re: Referendum: All FG Properties Will Go To Biafra, Debts To Nigeria - OEAS by hafees: 2:25pm On Dec 07, 2015
I AM JUST SORRY FOR ALL THESE CHILDREN SHOUTING BIAFRA. THE STORIES I HEARD FROM MY GRAND FATHER IS NOT PALATABLE AT ALL.

South-South is not going with you, so you are on your own, probably will be reliant on coal. You will need visa to come to Nigeria to trade, IGBO people can not be selling to one another. You will pay heavy money at the ports either in Southwest or South South.

I expect by now leaders like Orji Uzo Kalu, to come up with a statement, everyone is keeping quiet now!

Whats the noise all about? You need to see how dirty and rugged Aba is when i was there recently, is it FG problem too. None of your governor is known to be high a performer, so the problem of your under development is not Nigeria , it is your leadership. Lagos State did not get a dime from FG for many years, they survived!

I was in the east one December and cost of everything went haywire like triple, is that how you will deal with yourselves!

You continue to shout Nigeria is a zoo, are you not part of the problem- you think when you have Biafra, you will suddenly become saints, and high performers and your leaders will start thinking about you

All your leaders are not interested in the struggle now, they are waiting for leadership positions when the poor, uneducated ones making noise on the street perhaps get BIAFRA. They keep quiet because they don't want to lose out in Nigeria.

IF IGBO PEOPLE WANT TO GO, THEY SHOULD BE ALLOWED. PLEASE SET UP A DELEGATE TO MEET FG. PLEASE THINK THROUGH ON HOW TO GET BIAFRA BESIDE PROTEST AND DEATHS! IN THE NAME OF KEEPING LAW AND ORDER, ARMY OR POLICE WILL SHOOT, SOME OF THEM WILL EVEN BE IGBO PEOPLE.

THOUGH GETTING BIAFRA DOES NOT GUARANTEE ANYTHING

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Referendum: All FG Properties Will Go To Biafra, Debts To Nigeria - OEAS by OFFICIAL336: 2:27pm On Dec 07, 2015
NobleAky:
did an igboman kill ur father and Married ur mother?
Am also from the same SS, but as far as am concerned, it is just a northern creation. Biafran territory will be defined by referendum, and am so positive it will pass through, especially the eastern part. Let me tell you what you don't know. 10 out of 10 akwa iboms will vote to be in Nigeria, but if they are so sure that Igbos will leave, 7 out of 10, will rather stay with Biafra than stay in a Nigeria without the Igbos. But if the Biafran nation will promise an electoral system where the Presidency rotates among the ethnic groups such that when it is the turn of Efik, all political parties will field only Efiks, then 9 out of 10 will vote to join. This will equally clear all reservations I av abt Biafra, but the truth is, reservation or not, I will rather join a country where my right to peaceful protests is protected.
I don't know abt Ijaw, am only positive abt AKS.

5 Likes

Re: Referendum: All FG Properties Will Go To Biafra, Debts To Nigeria - OEAS by Phobia1: 2:32pm On Dec 07, 2015
ArodeTsolaye:
Some people go just faint. Biafrans are moving. They are waiting for no man. Op please arrange it well. Let me help.

The Organization of Emerging African States (OEAS), an international governmental organization that promotes self-determination and the end to colonial era boundaries in
Africa has outlined reasons why there should a snap referendum for Biafra Republic.
OEAS noted that if there is a
secession, all “Property of the federal government within the borders of Biafra will become property of Biafra.

The Nigerian government however will retain all national debt. Biafra will then release the Nigerian government from any obligation to pay reparations for crimes committed during the war of
independence 1967-1970.”
OEAS noted that as of today the
people of Biafra are locked in an epic struggle with the Nigerian federal government, the inevitable result of which will likely be some form of self-determination for Biafra.
The OEAS wants a snap referendum
to be held within 90 days with OEAS,
UNPO, and UN, EU and AU nonaligned observers supervising the balloting process. Various effected groups and individuals have asked for details
which OEAS can now provide.

Why a Snap Referendum?
The people of Biafra have waited
almost 50 years to legitimize their
choice. There is no need to prolong
the process. A lengthy delay will no
doubt result in violence and
bloodshed as out of the area ruffians and intimidators come into the region to try to unlawfully influence results.

Who will be eligible to vote in the
Referendum?

All persons living within the confines
of the borders of the former Republic of Biafra as of January 1, 2016 will be eligible to vote. In addition, persons living outside the borders who can demonstrate significant ties to Biafra by family or property may choose to
vote as well.

What are the choices?
A. For total independence and the
restoration of the Republic of Biafra as a sovereign independent nation.

B. For internal self-rule as an
autonomous Biafra republic with its
own parliament, currency, police and prime minister but with external affairs and other matters handled by the Nigerian federal government.This would be an arrangement similar to
Scotland and the United Kingdom or
Greenland and Denmark.
C. For no change.

How many votes are required?
Whatever option above gets a plurality will be the chosen result.
If we choose an independent Biafra,
what then?
After an orderly transition period of
no more than 180 days, Biafra will
again be independent. Those who
wish to maintain their Nigerian
citizenship may do so but will be
under Biafran rule and must
affirmatively register themselves as
aliens. Likewise, those outside Biafra
with ties to Biafra may become Biafran citizens after renouncing Nigerian
citizenship.

What about former federal
government property?

Property of the federal government
within the borders of Biafra will
become property of Biafra. The
Nigerian government however will
retain all national debt. Biafra will then release the Nigerian government from any obligation to pay reparations for
crimes committed during the war of
independence 1967-1970.

What about the borders?
The borders with Nigeria must be
settled by the time of independence in order to avoid disorder and discord.
On the other hand, Biafra should not be obligated to follow any agreements
between Cameroun and Nigeria, any loss of territory must be subject to a democratic referendum.

Is all this really possible?
We answer emphatically is yes. The
people of the Autonomous Republic
of Crimea made their choice to leave
Ukraine under far more stressful
circumstances. The vote was so
overwhelmingly in favor that no
country has seriously challenged the
will of the people.

Finally, what about those criminals
who have oppressed Biafrans and
committed crimes and atrocities
against the people of Biafra?

A Truth and Reconciliation
Commission composed of Biafrans
and other experts will establish the
truth and investigate political and
genocidal crimes from 1967 to
present. The Committee will have the power to grant clemency and
forgiveness but also may make
recommendations as to prosecution in the most serious cases of crimes against humanity, war crimes, and genocide.

wel bro i dont knw ur age buh to tell u d truth, bfor dis cud be actualize(i.e if its actually realisable) it will take anoda 50yrs! nd to tell u to add dat to ur age... O'boy! o.y.o
Kip rejoicing by dis news dou. atleast it'll kip u hapi for somtym.
Re: Referendum: All FG Properties Will Go To Biafra, Debts To Nigeria - OEAS by Michaelgates(m): 2:36pm On Dec 07, 2015
Old2020:

You cannot not read...all assets/institutions in Biafra territory only.
exactly wat i am saying mr old
Re: Referendum: All FG Properties Will Go To Biafra, Debts To Nigeria - OEAS by OFFICIAL336: 2:37pm On Dec 07, 2015
Viktorlaw:

i am from akwa ibom....
Lol u are from AkS. My vote will cancel yours and the other 70% who am positive will stand for freedom will give us the pass mark. Just like I said, 7 out of 10 will vote YES. It just so unfortunate, u are part of the minor 3. Like I said, my vote will cancel yours. #Peace. Always speak for yourself not for the entire SS.
Finally, a referendum will break many people's heart.

5 Likes

Re: Referendum: All FG Properties Will Go To Biafra, Debts To Nigeria - OEAS by richeso: 2:38pm On Dec 07, 2015
wow
Re: Referendum: All FG Properties Will Go To Biafra, Debts To Nigeria - OEAS by Nobody: 2:38pm On Dec 07, 2015
hafees:

IF IGBO PEOPLE WANT TO GO, THEY SHOULD BE ALLOWED. PLEASE SET UP A DELEGATE TO MEET FG. PLEASE THINK THROUGH ON HOW TO GET BIAFRA BESIDE PROTEST AND DEATHS! IN THE NAME OF KEEPING LAW AND ORDER, ARMY OR POLICE WILL SHOOT, SOME OF THEM WILL EVEN BE IGBO PEOPLE.

THOUGH GETTING BIAFRA DOES NOT GUARANTEE ANYTHING

But the federal government through the office of the minister of information...
Has come to say the agitation is legitimate...

So what are you saying again about army and police shooting the agitators on peaceful protest...

If getting Biafra doesn't guarantee you anything,
Please brother it guarantee's for some people,
1. That are marginalised
2. That are jobless.
3. That are hopeless
4. That are poor
5. That has lost their voice.
And to crown it all
6. People that are lovers of freedom.

Biafra guarantees hope for these people...
So bro that it doesn't guarantee you anything doesn't me that it doesn't guarantee for others.

6 Likes

Re: Referendum: All FG Properties Will Go To Biafra, Debts To Nigeria - OEAS by Phobia1: 2:38pm On Dec 07, 2015
great664:
People keep saying and boasting that Biafra can't stand but its getting closer and stronger each day, for those writing long epistle of Biafra landlocked and having no Ports, How about Switzerland? Do they have? Are they progressing? Or those saying about Igbos investing in Nigeria territory, abeg when is it a crime to invest in other region/country?

It requires a little more time,

Buhari being a foooool, arrogant and a dictator brought this on Nigeria by claiming to Marginalize the. 5% the world was watching, Now he is junketing to different countries to seek for allies to help him crush the Biafra dream

Destiny can only be delayed.........

Thank you for making KANU more popular and winning more supporters/CITIZEN for Biafra

Note: Lying Liers from where the sunset won't like this news but all I have to say is Let the Sunrise and Shine its light to the people
#Biafra
awww eeyah. una sorry o.
uLike dis una flag o. ahahaha

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

BBC Describes Current PDP Crisis In Nigeria(photo) / Obasanjo Arrives In Zimbabwe For The Burial Of Robert Mugabe (photo) / Wike Declares Princewill Osaroejiji, Eleme PDP Youth Leader Wanted, N5M Bounty

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.