Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,001 members, 7,821,507 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:04 PM

World Diplomatic Circles To Honour Jonathan In Geneva - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / World Diplomatic Circles To Honour Jonathan In Geneva (22992 Views)

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala At World Economic Forum In Geneva, Switzerland / Diplomatic Circles To Honour Goodluck Jonathan / Aisha Buhari & Dolapo Osinbajo In Geneva (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: World Diplomatic Circles To Honour Jonathan In Geneva by Nakuza(m): 6:58pm On Dec 07, 2015
Congratulations my humble president, the best is yet to come.
Re: World Diplomatic Circles To Honour Jonathan In Geneva by LordAdam: 7:50pm On Dec 07, 2015
ooshinibos:

I agree you sir but , the expectation on GEJ was undeniable great because of his background as a lecturer and his level of education , even the western world was happy we finally managed to produce a sensible president and can multi think ..we gave our hope to GEJ in the area of education , and power infrastructure but nothing has changed ...GEJ had 6 years to correct some of the madness previous government has created ( nobody was expecting a miracle , but just a little improvement in the power sector and this will catapult us to an enviable country by now ) ..and that's the tragedy ....we are now hearing the arms contract he GEJ awarded was squandered by his Chief of Army staff and his party men , how can you explain this scenario ?? , the money that will protect your soldiers and innocent citizens was shared amongst govt officials ...common on lord !!!!!!! , how evil can Africans be ?? , there is just no excuse ..and we had an commander in Chief of the armed forces GEJ ...the guy should know better and I think he gave up along the way , I think he is a nice guy but he lost the will to rule

Many people had different expectations from GEJ. What everyone failed to realize is the limitations GEJ faced. I'm pretty sure if PMB had his way, he would have wanted a different crop of ministers, but Alas he had to compensate those who stood for him even if they had questionable records.

That is a former military dictator who has been trying to get into power for 12 years in a party that is less than a year old. Now compare to a gentle civilian who rose through the ranks out of providence, had no previous aspiration to the presidency, in the now defunct largest party in Africa.

Did you expect Jonathan to stand up successfully against strong-willed chieftains who had the nation in its gauntlets and still do. Can you remember how the removal of the fuel subsidy was grossly fought against? The stalwarts in PDP under GEJ have now subtly crossed the border into APC. Do you think subsidy will just disappear, or power supply will just miraculously become a 24/7/365 thing, or that the refineries will start working, or all the federal roads will be tarred, or we would have a fully functioning rail network connecting the whole country, or that we would all of a sudden have world-class hospitals, or that out tertiary institutions will climb up to enter top-1000 universities in the world? Come on this is not Disneyland, it's Nigeria.

Democracy is not autocracy or a monarchy. You cannot bite the hands that fed you without consequences. For a preamble, look at Boko Haram, when it could have been squashed, the Northern elders by their silence let it grow to haunt the GEJ administration to keep to their promise that they would make the country "ungovernable" for him. BH prisoners were routinely released by sympathetic officials.

Blaming all those on GEJ is like blaming PMB for the Southern Ijaw violence in Bayelsa. This underscores why PMB is currently voicing his frustration as to the complexity of the anti-corruption fight. There are party chieftains, economic behemoths (subsidy cabal, power cabal...), saboteurs and so on.

In Nigeria, transformation of infrastructure deficit, lopsided power, shabby health care, dilapidated education cannot happen in 4 years, heck in 16 years. You need progressive small steps.

And progressive small steps GEJ took. What he did was establish a way to keep the money flowing (FDI) by painting the picture of a liberal economy for the private sector to take advantage of. Then he worked on revamping the Agriculture sector to a sustainable pace. The took a step back to revitalize the industries with giant strides made in the auto segment. He revamped the rail sector as well.

He also did make small improvements in other sectors. He gave INEC more autonomy to bolster the nation's democracy and a few other improvements that aren't too significant to be felt. The rest of the time he had to deal with quibbles inside his party, from hostile regions, security challenges, irresponsible opposition, saboteurs in his government, economic hoodlums who were finding it difficult to let go of the do-what-you-like era of OBJ.

You have to face it, leadership can only do so much in Nigeria. Look at PMB and the state of the nation now, do you understand what I mean now?

About diversion of funds. For crying out loud it happens virtually everywhere. Do you know of the blackwater scandal in the US. Or how defence contractors regularly take mouth-watering defence contracts from the US and NATO and deliver sub-par services.

Do not be a simpleton. Part of the money that was meant for the development of Rivers and Lagos were diverted to PMB's campaign. We wouldn't hear of it because APC is in power now.

There's one thing I never do, I don't expect the devil to say the truth. Don't expect politicians to represent your interest. At least not in the present Nigeria. GEJ did not pillage as much as OBJ.

I am not trying to defend the corruption under GEJ: Lord knows I was irritated by the many scandals during his presidency like Odua's bulletproof car scandal. But I did not let these setbacks blind me from the little progress we were making.

Unemployment rate was sinking, new businesses were setting shop (look at the malls), food security was improving...

You don't throw away the baby and the bath water. GEJ did not fail. He only did not live up to the dreamy superman messianic figure that short-sighted dim-witted unenlightened simpletons had envisaged.

Exactly the same way PMB is not living up to the saintly figure the exact same people had envisaged.

-Lord

3 Likes

Re: World Diplomatic Circles To Honour Jonathan In Geneva by Brainteaser1(m): 10:06pm On Dec 07, 2015
Am stil enjoying the dividends of the GEJ's administration.
Re: World Diplomatic Circles To Honour Jonathan In Geneva by Chidozieude: 11:03pm On Dec 07, 2015
GenbIoodykiller:
[s][/s]

go drink H2So4 if i pain you grin

I hear say den punish you last night

grin grin grin grin grin

tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: World Diplomatic Circles To Honour Jonathan In Geneva by Nobody: 11:35pm On Dec 07, 2015
Whether any body believes it or not GEJ has set the pace for post election peace in Nigeria
Re: World Diplomatic Circles To Honour Jonathan In Geneva by mira4u: 12:20am On Dec 08, 2015
kiss that's my hero. He deserves better.
Re: World Diplomatic Circles To Honour Jonathan In Geneva by ngoziama: 4:31am On Dec 08, 2015
Splashme:
Nigeria’s ex-President, Dr. Goodluck Jonathan, has been selected for honour by the Diplomatic Circles in Geneva, Switzerland.

Jonathan, who is being honoured for his democratic credentials and “upholding human rights in Africa” becomes the first African President to be so honoured.

He is to receive his honour on Thursday, January 21, 2016 at the group’s annual dinner in Geneva, Switzerland.

The Diplomatic Circle, which is a group of diplomats globally, have also scheduled Dr. Jonathan to deliver a keynote address at the event.

Earlier in the year, a public policy organisation on African affairs, the Africa Political and Economic Strategic Center (AFRIPOL) had also nominated Dr. Goodluck Jonathan for the Nobel Peace Prize.

The organisation stated the peaceful way he conceded victory to President Buhari in the general election as one that deserves the attention of Nobel Peace Prize committee.

The group noted that although Jonathan’s act might have not promoted “fraternity between nations” as required of a Nobel Peace Prize winner but he promoted fraternal peace among Nigerians by conceding power.

http://www.channelstv.com/2015/12/06/diplomatic-circles-to-honour-jonathan/

Jonathan thank you ohhh.if only you knew the number of weapons that were stored in deep freezers in a particular region, (they know themselves)to kill people if you had won.jona God bless you.i still cry after revelations of how the massacre would have been.buharis footsoldiers were ready to soak baboons in blood but God used jonathan.jonnnnnnnnnna I respect you and my generations have heard about you.jonathan you are my hero.i love you so much.THE TRUE FACE OF DEMOCRACY IN AFRICA.THEY CAN NEVER RUBBISH YOU.DONT MIND THEM .CARRYGO JONA

1 Like

Re: World Diplomatic Circles To Honour Jonathan In Geneva by Ohamzee: 6:54am On Dec 08, 2015
SEEMS LIKE THE MORE U ACCUSE THESE GREAT SET OF PEOPLE (GEJ & NOI) THE MORE THEY SORE HIGH. THIS IS COMPLICATING. ;DSEEMS LIKE THE MORE U ACCUSE THESE GREAT SET OF PEOPLE (GEJ & NOI) THE MORE THEY SORE HIGH. THIS IS COMPLICATING.
Re: World Diplomatic Circles To Honour Jonathan In Geneva by juman(m): 7:45am On Dec 08, 2015
Mr. free and fair election.
Re: World Diplomatic Circles To Honour Jonathan In Geneva by Nellybii: 8:11am On Dec 08, 2015
permsec:
The moment you stop being an assslicker,stop being a hypocrite then you can move foward as a person.

There are 12months in a year.

PMB's tenure is 4years.

12 x 4=48Months

6months has been used. i.e 1/8 and you are here telling me 6months is too small.

It might interest you to know that the nation is running on auto pilot cos policies (spare me the National budget and kebbi rice farming crap) hasn't been put in place. That said.

The moment we begin to hold our leaders accountable for their actions then we can be great again.

Learn to tackle your problems bro leave God alone.

please cut that "hold your leaders accountable crap' You have no points here. Why did you vote Jonathan again,? why didn't you hold him accountable, even after the obvious shortcomings and weaknesses. ?
Re: World Diplomatic Circles To Honour Jonathan In Geneva by Nellybii: 8:13am On Dec 08, 2015
erico2k2:

Big Amen ohhhh. I like ur honesty.practice what U preach.

Hmmm am seeing a family of looters in action while the clueless father looks the other way.
Re: World Diplomatic Circles To Honour Jonathan In Geneva by GenbIoodykiller: 8:17am On Dec 08, 2015
Chidozieude:

I hear say den punish you last night

grin grin grin grin grin

tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

na your useless father you punish jerry asemota the bald head Internet fraudster
Re: World Diplomatic Circles To Honour Jonathan In Geneva by kemus: 8:23am On Dec 08, 2015
LordAdam:

Many people had different expectations from GEJ. What everyone failed to realize is the limitations GEJ faced. I'm pretty sure if PMB had his way, he would have wanted a different crop of ministers, but Alas he had to compensate those who stood for him even if they had questionable records.

That is a former military dictator who has been trying to get into power for 12 years in a party that is less than a year old. Now compare to a gentle civilian who rose through the ranks out of providence, had no previous aspiration to the presidency, in the now defunct largest party in Africa.

Did you expect Jonathan to stand up successfully against strong-willed chieftains who had the nation in its gauntlets and still do. Can you remember how the removal of the fuel subsidy was grossly fought against? The stalwarts in PDP under GEJ have now subtly crossed the border into APC. Do you think subsidy will just disappear, or power supply will just miraculously become a 24/7/365 thing, or that the refineries will start working, or all the federal roads will be tarred, or we would have a fully functioning rail network connecting the whole country, or that we would all of a sudden have world-class hospitals, or that out tertiary institutions will climb up to enter top-1000 universities in the world? Come on this is not Disneyland, it's Nigeria.

Democracy is not autocracy or a monarchy. You cannot bite the hands that fed you without consequences. For a preamble, look at Boko Haram, when it could have been squashed, the Northern elders by their silence let it grow to haunt the GEJ administration to keep to their promise that they would make the country "ungovernable" for him. BH prisoners were routinely released by sympathetic officials.

Blaming all those on GEJ is like blaming PMB for the Southern Ijaw violence in Bayelsa. This underscores why PMB is currently voicing his frustration as to the complexity of the anti-corruption fight. There are party chieftains, economic behemoths (subsidy cabal, power cabal...), saboteurs and so on.

In Nigeria, transformation of infrastructure deficit, lopsided power, shabby health care, dilapidated education cannot happen in 4 years, heck in 16 years. You need progressive small steps.

And progressive small steps GEJ took. What he did was establish a way to keep the money flowing (FDI) by painting the picture of a liberal economy for the private sector to take advantage of. Then he worked on revamping the Agriculture sector to a sustainable pace. The took a step back to revitalize the industries with giant strides made in the auto segment. He revamped the rail sector as well.

He also did make small improvements in other sectors. He gave INEC more autonomy to bolster the nation's democracy and a few other improvements that aren't too significant to be felt. The rest of the time he had to deal with quibbles inside his party, from hostile regions, security challenges, irresponsible opposition, saboteurs in his government, economic hoodlums who were finding it difficult to let go of the do-what-you-like era of OBJ.

You have to face it, leadership can only do so much in Nigeria. Look at PMB and the state of the nation now, do you understand what I mean now?

About diversion of funds. For crying out loud it happens virtually everywhere. Do you know of the blackwater scandal in the US. Or how defence contractors regularly take mouth-watering defence contracts from the US and NATO and deliver sub-par services.

Do not be a simpleton. Part of the money that was meant for the development of Rivers and Lagos were diverted to PMB's campaign. We wouldn't hear of it because APC is in power now.

There's one thing I never do, I don't expect the devil to say the truth. Don't expect politicians to represent your interest. At least not in the present Nigeria. GEJ did not pillage as much as OBJ.

I am not trying to defend the corruption under GEJ: Lord knows I was irritated by the many scandals during his presidency like Odua's bulletproof car scandal. But I did not let these setbacks blind me from the little progress we were making.

Unemployment rate was sinking, new businesses were setting shop (look at the malls), food security was improving...

You don't throw away the baby and the bath water. GEJ did not fail. He only did not live up to the dreamy superman messianic figure that short-sighted dim-witted unenlightened simpletons had envisaged.

Exactly the same way PMB is not living up to the saintly figure the exact same people had envisaged.

-Lord

1000000 likes
Re: World Diplomatic Circles To Honour Jonathan In Geneva by Chidozieude: 9:27am On Dec 08, 2015
GenbIoodykiller:

na your useless father you punish jerry asemota the bald head Internet fraudster

I pain am grin grin

Biko How much is that your laptop?

What make is it?

2 Likes

Re: World Diplomatic Circles To Honour Jonathan In Geneva by GenbIoodykiller: 12:03pm On Dec 08, 2015
[s]
Chidozieude:

I pain am grin grin

Biko How much is that your laptop?

What make is it?
[/s]

na your useless father i pain jerry asemota tongue

How is your business.

chaii I'll be forever grateful for our nairaland cia buster.

all your details are in my mail now
including your dubious scam.

Why did you change your Facebook details if you are clean and keep deactivating your fraudulent monikers.

you're damned no hiding place for you fraudster
Re: World Diplomatic Circles To Honour Jonathan In Geneva by ishiamu(m): 12:45pm On Dec 08, 2015
GenbIoodykiller:
[s][/s]

na your useless father i pain jerry asemota tongue

How is your business.

Why did you change your Facebook details if you are clean and keep deactivating your fraudulent monikers.

you're damned no hiding place for you fraudster

cool shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

2 Likes

Re: World Diplomatic Circles To Honour Jonathan In Geneva by GenbIoodykiller: 1:04pm On Dec 08, 2015
ishiamu:

cool shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

the bastard don't even know he's into shiit.

imagine the ugly bald head fraudster poverty ridden bastard that engaged into one MLM business and the order setting up dubious fraudulent websites
the mugu realizing he has been busted changed his Facebook details not knowing he's late he keeps deactivating his dubious monikers like saytan, etc. i have plenty of his monikers all deactivated upon realizing he's busted.

the sex starved bastard claiming vagirn at 30 yrs old keeps demanding for sex on romance and sexuality section.

the bastard is a miserable fellow cheesy
Re: World Diplomatic Circles To Honour Jonathan In Geneva by erico2k2(m): 3:14pm On Dec 08, 2015
arresa:

You asked if I googled and I said yes and that no such thing exists on the internet.

Have you proved me wrong? No.

Where were you coming from really? Google World diplomatic circle and post the link here for us to see.
You still missing the point.let my illustrate. A circle of mechanical engineers invited you to london to give you an award for your contribution towards engineering. Would U find anything as circle of Engineers on Google in a form of definitive meaning??
Re: World Diplomatic Circles To Honour Jonathan In Geneva by erico2k2(m): 3:21pm On Dec 08, 2015
TimeManager:
Provide Links To Their Websites, Dem No Gree
Provide Names Of Their Members, Dem Still No Gree
Furnish Us With Info About The Group, Dem No Fit... I Wail For Wailers, Delusional Apologies.
No Lie Only Truth!
Haba Unu still dey drag this pry school stuff.na English confuse una so.diplomatic circle is nit n organization. It's like saying a circle of friends.In other words this means a group of diplomats saw it fit enough to honour GEJ..example of a diplomat Tony Blair and Bill Clinton .UN embasadors. etc.
Re: World Diplomatic Circles To Honour Jonathan In Geneva by TimeManager(m): 3:48pm On Dec 08, 2015
@erico2k2, Hey buddy, why the rigmarole on the same junkie news, i think i've heared you the first time. It is an association of friends who come together for groupie. A far less inferior awards than you guyz painted it to be. No lie only truth!
Re: World Diplomatic Circles To Honour Jonathan In Geneva by ishiamu(m): 4:04pm On Dec 08, 2015
GenbIoodykiller:

the bastard don't even know he's into shiit.

imagine the ugly bald head fraudster poverty ridden bastard that engaged into one MLM business and the order setting up dubious fraudulent websites
the mugu realizing he has been busted changed his Facebook details not knowing he's late he keeps deactivating his dubious monikers like saytan, etc. i have plenty of his monikers all deactivated upon realizing he's busted.

the sex starved bastard claiming vagirn at 30 yrs old keeps demanding for sex on romance and sexuality section.

the bastard is a miserable fellow cheesy

Lmao
Re: World Diplomatic Circles To Honour Jonathan In Geneva by Chidozieude: 6:05pm On Dec 08, 2015
GenbIoodykiller:
[s][/s]

[s]na your useless father i pain jerry asemota tongue

How is your business.

you're damned no hiding place for you fraudster[/s]

How many phones u don steal today Mba?

grin grin grin

I pain am well well cheesy cheesy

4 Likes

Re: World Diplomatic Circles To Honour Jonathan In Geneva by Chidozieude: 6:08pm On Dec 08, 2015
GenbIoodykiller:

[s]the bastard don't even know he's into shiit.

the bastard is a miserable fellow cheesy[/s]

I know an angry man when i see one

See long long story

grin grin grin

I pain am well well

God punish u and Jerry asemota grin grin grin

It is almost evening, those guys will come for you again grin grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: World Diplomatic Circles To Honour Jonathan In Geneva by arresa: 6:11pm On Dec 08, 2015
erico2k2:

You still missing the point.let my illustrate. A circle of mechanical engineers invited you to london to give you an award for your contribution towards engineering. Would U find anything as circle of Engineers on Google in a form of definitive meaning??

I'm not interested in your irrelevant and meaningless circle of engineer nonsense. We are talking about the Topic in this thread that says World Diplomatic Circles. Confine your argument to the topic and title of the thread.

There is nothing on the internet that says World Diplomatic Circles PERIOD. And if you think there is, just google and post it here or quit bothering me.
Re: World Diplomatic Circles To Honour Jonathan In Geneva by GenbIoodykiller: 6:25pm On Dec 08, 2015
[s]
Chidozieude:

How many phones u don steal today Mba?

grin grin grin

I pain am well well cheesy cheesy
[/s]

Your dead mother

jerry you're a bastard Internet fraudster keep deceiving yourself.

na your father i pain grin
Re: World Diplomatic Circles To Honour Jonathan In Geneva by GenbIoodykiller: 6:27pm On Dec 08, 2015
[s]
Chidozieude:

I know an angry man when i see one

See long long story

grin grin grin

I pain am well well

God punish u and Jerry asemota grin grin grin

It is almost evening, those guys will come for you again grin grin grin grin
[/s]

Jerry asemota why are you denying yourself are that frustrated?
useless human being you're too ugly mr man black as charcoal with bald head cheesy
Re: World Diplomatic Circles To Honour Jonathan In Geneva by Nobody: 6:35pm On Dec 08, 2015
Truckpusher:
Some haters will soon arrive. grin

Re: World Diplomatic Circles To Honour Jonathan In Geneva by erico2k2(m): 10:29pm On Dec 08, 2015
TimeManager:
@erico2k2, Hey buddy, why the rigmarole on the same junkie news, i think i've heared you the first time. It is an association of friends who come together for groupie. A far less inferior awards than you guyz painted it to be. No lie only truth!
Noted mate.
Re: World Diplomatic Circles To Honour Jonathan In Geneva by Alaanyihaji(m): 12:21pm On Dec 09, 2015
ticking:
The Diplomatic Circles in Geneva, Switzerland Are PDP Members - Lie Mohamed
Pls don't kill person with laugh!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tambuwal Set To Claim Senatorial Ticket After Presidential Primaries / Shehu Sani: Workers Deserve N150,000 Per Month, N18k Can't Feed Politician's Dog / BREAKING: FG Summons South Africa High Commissioner Over Xenophobic Attacks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.