Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,994 members, 7,814,393 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:11 PM

London Police Arrest Ex-ig Ehindero’s Son - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / London Police Arrest Ex-ig Ehindero’s Son (5941 Views)

EFCC To Arrest Ex INEC Chairman Over Oil Baron Bribe / Finally! Alison-madueke Honours London Police Invitation. / How To Tackle Bombing, Boko Haram Threat, By Ex-ig Ehindero, Acn, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: London Police Arrest Ex-ig Ehindero’s Son by Sagamite(m): 1:40pm On Jun 02, 2009
Ilelobola:

The onus is on the person to prove the money is legit, the police have the right to question the source of the funds. If the person can't prove it, he/she is charged to court and has to prove its legitimacy in court. Which is what is happening with this person. It's not normal to carry around large sums of money in the UK and it's also becoming less of an occurence in Nigeria (for normal citizens of course) in this electronic age!

And what a ridiculous response to the question he was asked if it is true.

Please specify the figure by law at which you have to prove to the police the source of the funds. Is it £50? Is it £700? £Is it £4000?

Please specify.
Re: London Police Arrest Ex-ig Ehindero’s Son by JustGood(m): 1:41pm On Jun 02, 2009
Ilelobola:

The onus is on the person to prove the money is legit, the police have the right to question the source of the funds. If the person can't prove it, he/she is charged to court and has to prove its legitimacy in court. Which is what is happening with this person. It's not normal to carry around large sums of money in the UK and it's also becoming less of an occurence in Nigeria (for normal citizens of course) in this electronic age!

Please could you tell me where that law originated from in the UK? There is no law in the UK for you to prove where you got money from if you have committed no crime. The legal position is that any amount over £1000 can be siezed from anyone if the police have grounds to believe that it is the proceeds of, or intended for, unlawful uses. Even when the money is siezed, it cannot be done for more than 2 working days without a court order.

Now, getting a court order means that there must be something evidently against you or the court will not grant the order. the onus is always on the police to prove that you have gained the money illegally or that you want to put it to illegal use.
Re: London Police Arrest Ex-ig Ehindero’s Son by JustGood(m): 1:44pm On Jun 02, 2009
Ilelobola:

Yes. His answer is ridiculously daft but the position of the law is not that he has to prove anything. If there is no proof of him being involved in illegal activities, he can carry £1,000,000.00 cash (if he choses to do so) around freely.
Re: London Police Arrest Ex-ig Ehindero’s Son by baddestboy: 1:49pm On Jun 02, 2009
u should look to the authencity of the story and not the content of tabloids. check the name of the source- COMPASS. who reads that crap? Its an untrue story. I know the dude, he is a masters degree holder, he knows the law. He isn't that lame to answer in such manner. U can tell it was a smear to get at his innocent (until proven guilty) dad. Imagine, "Already, some of Ehindero’s friends in London are said to have been mounting pressure on the police to drop the case"- Compass. Does this happen in UK. U can tell that the compilator of the story has a Nigerian mentality.
Re: London Police Arrest Ex-ig Ehindero’s Son by JustGood(m): 2:16pm On Jun 02, 2009
baddestboy:

u should look to the authencity of the story and not the content of tabloids. check the name of the source- COMPASS. who reads that crap? Its an untrue story. I know the dude, he is a masters degree holder, he knows the law. He isn't that lame to answer in such manner. U can tell it was a smear to get at his innocent (until proven guilty) dad. Imagine, "Already, some of Ehindero’s friends in London are said to have been mounting pressure on the police to drop the case"- Compass. Does this happen in UK. U can tell that the compilator of the story has a Nigerian mentality.

What exactly is the Nigerian mentality? I'd rather have a Nigerian mentality than a British one
Re: London Police Arrest Ex-ig Ehindero’s Son by DrKitaun(m): 2:55pm On Jun 02, 2009
baddestboy:

with this being ur 1st post, I will rather disregard ur own mentality grin grin

so cos he is a masters degree holder, we would just disregard the story like that ?

what does he do for a living to warrant carrying such large sums ?

what prompted him into saying his father is an ex-IG ?

why the names-dropping in the 1st place ? who cares whether his father is Yaradua in the 1st place ?

we have some other rich dad's kids that dont flaunt wealth or affluence . . .

anyway in another man's land can u ever be a prince ? undecided cool
Re: London Police Arrest Ex-ig Ehindero’s Son by Mamajama(m): 3:27pm On Jun 02, 2009
People stop wasting your time and energy on trying to dissect this smear campaign.

There is no iota of truth associated to this story. Ayo Ehindero is in good shape and was not in trouble for any reason. The Ehindero’s are too smart and intelligent to get caught up in conspiracy or notorious activities.

As you can continue to see like I have been saying for a very long time, cases are won on facts and not just media publications.

How many times have the detractors tried to smear our highness without success or credibility?

God Bless the Ehindero’s all over.

How can you stop someone in London that doesn’t drive for a traffic violation? This story is laughable
Re: London Police Arrest Ex-ig Ehindero’s Son by JustGood(m): 4:00pm On Jun 02, 2009
ha ha ha. . . so the guy doesn't even drive.

Why do people make up such stories anyway?
Re: London Police Arrest Ex-ig Ehindero’s Son by jaybee3(m): 4:08pm On Jun 02, 2009
Mamajama:

People stop wasting your time and energy on trying to dissect this smear campaign.

There is no iota of truth associated to this story. Ayo Ehindero is in good shape and was not in trouble for any reason. The Ehindero’s are too smart and intelligent to get caught up in conspiracy or notorious activities.

As you can continue to see like I have been saying for a very long time, cases are won on facts and not just media publications.

How many times have the detractors tried to smear our highness without success or credibility?

How can you stop someone in London that doesn’t drive for a traffic violation? This story is laughable

Are you ok? I don't think you are cos i bet i know him more than you probably do.
The dude use to drive a silver audi TT. He also drive his dad's range sport from time to time. (I can post pictures to back it up but then again this is a public forum so i ain't going to do it)

He has fraudulent friends so the possibility that he his involved in fraud is very high. I am not speculating as it is straight up FACT bro.
Look bro i don't want to start dropping names of some of his fraudulent friends on this forum but that's certainly the case.
Dude's life is different from his dad so keep supporting his dad till you drop but don't come here spitting absolute gabbage about the Dude called Ayo as you don't know anything about him.
Re: London Police Arrest Ex-ig Ehindero’s Son by DrKitaun(m): 4:14pm On Jun 02, 2009
Mamajama:

The official image launderer of The Ehinderos worldwide grin grin

can u prove the dude doesnt know how to drive ? shocked
Re: London Police Arrest Ex-ig Ehindero’s Son by JustGood(m): 4:18pm On Jun 02, 2009
I dont want this to be taken the wrong way but the fact that someone said he doesn't drive in London does not mean he cant drive.
I know lots of people who can drive very well but dont drive in UK.
Re: London Police Arrest Ex-ig Ehindero’s Son by Moves: 5:04pm On Jun 02, 2009
JustGood:

Please could you tell me where that law originated from in the UK? [b]There is no law in the UK for you to prove where you got money from if you have committed no crime. The legal position is that any amount over £1000 can be siezed from anyone if the police have grounds to believe that it is the proceeds of, or intended for, unlawful uses. Even when the money is siezed, it cannot be done for more than 2 working days without a court order.[/b]

Now, getting a court order means that there must be something evidently against you or the court will not grant the order. the onus is always on the police to prove that you have gained the money illegally or that you want to put it to illegal use.
The Bolded portion shows you agree that the police can question and confiscate cash found on a person, The latter part , am lead to believe that you have not heard of (POCA) Police can instigated proceedings under the Proceeds of Crime Act (POCA) if he could not provide any legitimate source for the money. See these links

http://www.thenewspaper.com/news/12/1296.asp

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/wales/south_west/8033442.stm
Re: London Police Arrest Ex-ig Ehindero’s Son by ifyalways(f): 8:49pm On Jun 02, 2009
JustGood:

I dont want this to be taken the wrong way but the fact that someone said he doesn't drive in London does not mean he cant drive.
I know lots of people who can drive very well but dont drive in UK.
True that ! ! !
Re: London Police Arrest Ex-ig Ehindero’s Son by JustGood(m): 9:12am On Jun 03, 2009
Moves:

The Bolded portion shows you agree that the police can question and confiscate cash found on a person, The latter part , am lead to believe that you have not heard of (POCA) Police can instigated proceedings under the Proceeds of Crime Act (POCA) if he could not provide any legitimate source for the money. See these links

http://www.thenewspaper.com/news/12/1296.asp

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/wales/south_west/8033442.stm

The first link relates to America and therefore has no bearing on what we are discussing here.
The second link is valid relatively in the sense that the owner of the cash in the referenced case is not known as a responsible citizen who leads a clean life.

Specifically, the police officer stated "It is enough to show that the cash is probably related to one of a number of kinds of activity, any one of which would have been unlawful, for example, cheating the revenue, trading in counterfeit goods, drug supply or falsely claiming state benefits."

This is not the same as a responsible citizen who has saved up a large sum of money. It is subject to what activities can be reasonably related to the person in question.
Re: London Police Arrest Ex-ig Ehindero’s Son by proudly9ja(m): 3:33pm On Jun 03, 2009
Nawao, today I know there are a lot of lawyers and image launderers on NL.

How come we keep missing the part where they said fake postage stamps where found in his house and we are focusing on whether it is lawful or not for the police to ask him questions?
The fact is, they have asked him and he has messed up in his response. If it is true they found fake postage stamps in his house, then that in itself is a crime. Someone here has said he knows/knew him and can attest to the fact that he moved with the wrong people. Whether these people are infact the ones who have put him in trouble or not still remains to be seen but the fact is that the guy NOW has a case to answer!
Re: London Police Arrest Ex-ig Ehindero’s Son by udeychop: 2:29am On Jun 08, 2009
cry The guy is a criminal, just like his father. How do u explain this
1) Both him and his brother are students and drive top of the range cars and have never worked in d UK
2) He has his OWN house, not his parents, HIS HOUSE which have heard has revamped for £70k
3) He gos to New York Every year with his Zimbabwean girlfriend and yet he has never earned a penny (no offence to d girl, i can marry her when he gets locked up!)
4) Goes to Italy at the start of every season to revamp his clothes
5) Hosts parties at the o2 with his friends very often and anyone who has been can attest the dude splashes the cash

The guy is GUILTY, i know him personally and know he has been involved in fraud in the past like most of his friends so wouldn't be surprised if that money is from fraud in addition to being addicted to marijuana - he is a disgrace and he deserves it.  He likes to act like a big boi but we all know its our money he is chopping. Let him go in for it, these are the people who bring naija down. Whether it be here or in naija, they should open the case of this rotten family again to investigate their finances.
Re: London Police Arrest Ex-ig Ehindero’s Son by adconline(m): 5:43am On Jun 08, 2009
what has his Masters got to with this story. Didnt Stella Obj's son- Muyiwa- get his law degree from St. John's university and yet he allowed his mom to buy a house for him with cash? How about Andy Ubah's girl friend and partner in crime. She is Harvard educated yet went to the bank in the States to deposit a large sum of money above $9999.
How about Naija politicians who are educated in best schools, yet they still lack vision and act as touts. Enough of this master's this and that.
Re: London Police Arrest Ex-ig Ehindero’s Son by baddestboy: 1:59pm On Jun 08, 2009
udeychop:

cry The guy is a criminal, just like his father. How do u explain this
1) Both him and his brother are students and drive top of the range cars and have never worked in d UK
2) He has his OWN house, not his parents, HIS HOUSE which have heard has revamped for £70k
3) He gos to New York Every year with his Zimbabwean girlfriend and yet he has never earned a penny (no offence to d girl, i can marry her when he gets locked up!)
4) Goes to Italy at the start of every season to revamp his clothes
5) Hosts parties at the o2 with his friends very often and anyone who has been can attest the dude splashes the cash

The guy is GUILTY, i know him personally and know he has been involved in fraud in the past like most of his friends so wouldn't be surprised if that money is from fraud in addition to being addicted to marijuana - he is a disgrace and he deserves it.  He likes to act like a big boi but we all know its our money he is chopping. Let him go in for it, these are the people who bring naija down. Whether it be here or in naija, they should open the case of this rotten family again to investigate their finances.

I am sure you are one of his friends and I know you. You are a very bad person and a liar. Top of range cars? His own house? New York yearly? Italy? Host parties? Addicted to Marijuana? Involved in fraud? C'mon man, what else can you say? Why not living on a yatch, addicted to cocaine, Newyork monthly and Italy on weekends?  Peolple like you dont last, and I'm sure you can look deep down in you and see the guilt. May God forgive you. I know the guy is a very social person,intelligent, nice and humble- there is no one he doesn't relate with. There is no point giving him all this credit if he doesn't deserve it. He has all sorts of friends, the dude went to Command, Osu, UJ etc. Obviously, he must have met different guys. He has his closest friends, infact his best friend is in Naija. He's not going in for anything. He is not illegal or a criminal.
Re: London Police Arrest Ex-ig Ehindero’s Son by 9jahoney: 2:34pm On Jun 08, 2009
i have just read this story, life ooo! This boy deserves every bit of dis, baddestboi a u his solictor or sumtin? Y r u defend him like dat (maybe u have been promised a some cash in return by the great junior ehindero himself, this is forum oooo, not court room!)
Dr Kitaun i agree wit u that who cares who his popsy is, there r kids whos parents r much wealthier but v humble and respectble. So wat if he went to command, and his bff is in naija, those b irrelevant facts to d issue at hand. he can relate to d wole world, but if he is a criminal, dat doesnt change it omo. Y zim babe b choppin our money now, i am single and 100% naija, let me enjoy too! Oh and yes have heard its true he has his own cribs in plumstead/woolwich area but am not going to embarass d guy online by giving more info, although i can be convinced if u gys rilly wanna hear details about dis dude, let justice b done.
Re: London Police Arrest Ex-ig Ehindero’s Son by baddestboy: 3:02pm On Jun 08, 2009
9jahoney:

i have just read this story, life ooo! This boy deserves every bit of dis, baddestboi a u his solictor or sumtin? Y r u defend him like dat (maybe u have been promised a some cash in return by the great junior ehindero himself, this is forum oooo, not court room!)
Dr Kitaun i agree wit u that who cares who his popsy is, there r kids whos parents r much wealthier but v humble and respectble. So wat if he went to command, and his bff is in naija, those b irrelevant facts to d issue at hand. he can relate to d wole world, but if he is a criminal, dat doesnt change it omo. Y zim babe b choppin our money now, i am single and 100% naija, let me enjoy too! Oh and yes have heard its true he has his own cribs in plumstead/woolwich area but am not going to embarass d guy online by giving more info, although i can be convinced if u gys rilly wanna hear details about dis dude, let justice b done.

Na wa ohh!!! I was responding to udeychop's comment. I am not his solicitor, but speaker of the truth, and a veracious person. Do you know him? How do you know he's arrogant and disrespectful? Can you prove he's criminal? Can you prove the house belongs to him? As for been 100% Naija, u can go contest for governor, he doesn't deal with your kind of shallow mentality. If you're single, you should try fling.com not here.
Re: London Police Arrest Ex-ig Ehindero’s Son by 9jahoney: 3:33pm On Jun 08, 2009
Baddestboy must just b ignored because he is obviously extremely biased. Your answers – YES I KNOW HIM AND THAT IS HOW I KNOW OF HIS ARGANT AND DISRSPCTFUL NATURE. Tht is not d point tho, d point is that he is most likely guilty of d offence because of wat i and several oda people on the forum know about hs fraud filled background. Birds of d same feather flock togeda so if his friends do it, the likely of him doin it is high. Baddestboi u better shut up or will embrss him bcoz of u. And can someone explain wat he was doing wit FAKE POSTAGE STAMP? Was he dat desperate?
Baddest boi u say i have shallow mentality, donnt u think he is shallower by trying to get his way out if d case by asking do u know who my popsy is, and u claim he is an intelligent master studnt? Funny. EFCC should open a case against these people. Thks nairaland for publishing dis story.
Re: London Police Arrest Ex-ig Ehindero’s Son by baddestboy: 4:12pm On Jun 08, 2009
9jahoney:

Baddestboy must just b ignored because he is obviously extremely biased. Your answers – YES I KNOW HIM AND THAT IS HOW I KNOW OF HIS ARGANT AND DISRSPCTFUL NATURE. Tht is not d point tho, d point is that he is most likely guilty of d offence because of wat i and several oda people on the forum know about hs fraud filled background. Birds of d same feather flock togeda so if his friends do it, the likely of him doin it is high. Baddestboi u better shut up or will embrss him bcoz of u. And can someone explain wat he was doing wit FAKE POSTAGE STAMP? Was he dat desperate?
Baddest boi u say i have shallow mentality, donnt u think he is shallower by trying to get his way out if d case by asking do u know who my popsy is, and u claim he is an intelligent master studnt? Funny. EFCC should open a case against these people. Thks nairaland for publishing dis story.

Sorry your honour, I forgot you and other commentators are the jury. Unanimous decision- he's guilty. Where did you spring out from? The way you attacked the story shows your hatred for him. I dont deny that he doesn't have dodgy friends (who doesn't) but as long as you dont engage in their sort of activities. Do you have proof that he does? What can you do with a FAKE POSTAGE STAMP? Its not illegal, difficult and expensive to get a real one. Thats why I said you had a shallow mentality. If you thought well, you will be questioning what such STAMP is for, not an assumption that he used it? 'Desperate' for what? He's not hungry like you looking for a man to spend on you. What do you know about such STAMPS? To tell you that the tabloid was crap, why could't they state the amount that was found on him. It is an inaccurate story. You have now found a means by which you can publicly attack him, even JESUS CHRIST was persecuted by his people. Get a life!!!!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nkem Owoh: Abductors Reduce Ransom To N2m, As Family Visits Sars Enugu / Nigeria Inflation Drops To 8 Percent / Cool, Weird And Crazy Toilets And Urinals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.