Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,847 members, 7,810,265 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:35 AM

Nkem Owoh: Abductors Reduce Ransom To N2m, As Family Visits Sars Enugu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nkem Owoh: Abductors Reduce Ransom To N2m, As Family Visits Sars Enugu (5940 Views)

My Abductors Wanted To Kill Me — Falae / Olu Falae Admits Paying Ransom To Kidnappers / My Experience With SARS Operatives In Ibadan; Another SOKA In The Making! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nkem Owoh: Abductors Reduce Ransom To N2m, As Family Visits Sars Enugu by Oboma1(m): 2:04am On Nov 12, 2009
Nkem Owoh: Abductors reduce ransom to N2m
…Family visits SARS
By AZUH AMATUS
Thursday, November 12, 2009.

The kidnappers of popular Nollywood actor and comic star, Nkem Owoh, who was abducted over the weekend along the busy Enugu/Port Harcourt road, are now mounting pressures on his family members to quickly raise the new ransom fee, which they have brought down to N2m, as against the initial N15m, earlier demanded.

According to a source close to the actor, some family members of Owoh, who became famous for his wondrous role in the movie, Osuofia in London, thus earning him the famous sobriquet- Osuofia, visited the Enugu office of the State Anti Robbery Squad (SARS), on Wednesday.

“They had a very fruitful discussion with the officers at SARS. I can assure you that efforts are being intensified to track down the kidnappers and release Owoh unhurt,” the source volunteered.
Speaking on the new ransom fee, the National President of the Actors Guild of Nigeria (AGN), Mr. Segun Arinze, who has publicly condemned Owoh’s abduction, insisted that AGN would not pay a dime to have the actor released.

“We won’t pay any ransom money to anybody or bunch of kidnappers. They should immediately release Owoh to us unconditionally. We are actors and not moneybags. I insist, we won’t give them any money either from the coffers of AGN or the pockets of our individual members. Enough of this madness. We are just like every other Nigerians helping to reposition and re-brand our great nation, through entertainment as Nollywood practitioners. Please, kidnappers should desist from kidnapping and harassing our members, except they want us to stop making Nigerians happy and proud with our great talents,” he declared.

Mr. Arinze also told Daily Sun, that he had personally sent a passionate letter of appeal to the Inspector General of Police, Mr. Ogbonna Onovo, over Owoh’s abduction and the safety of all his other members, adding that the IG, had assured him of their maximum cooperation.
Another source said that the Enugu State government, where Owoh hails from, had also intensified efforts to ensure that the actor gets his freedom soon.

Also commenting on the ugly issue, two leading actors in Nollywood, Victor Osuagwu and Chioma Toplis, strongly condemned Owoh’s abduction, describing it as shameful and uncalled for.
According to Osuagwu: “I’m still shocked and do not know who’s next. I have ordered for wigs and Mary Kay products to disguise myself with when traveling home this Xmas.”
Toplis, who just returned from her base in the UK, said she’s sad, speechless and confused at the moment.

#
http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2009/nov/12/national-12-11-2009-004.htm
Re: Nkem Owoh: Abductors Reduce Ransom To N2m, As Family Visits Sars Enugu by Oboma1(m): 2:09am On Nov 12, 2009
According to Osuagwu: “I’m still shocked and do not know who’s next. I have ordered for wigs and Mary Kay products to disguise myself with when traveling home this Xmas.”
Toplis, who just returned from her base in the UK, said she’s sad, speechless and confused at the moment.

,,,,,,,,,,,, Bros, dont go and buy wigs and Mary Kay products yet. The situation has not gotten that bad.
Re: Nkem Owoh: Abductors Reduce Ransom To N2m, As Family Visits Sars Enugu by Oboma1(m): 2:10am On Nov 12, 2009
In actual fact, these actors too are "strugglers", and not millionnaires as they presume.
Re: Nkem Owoh: Abductors Reduce Ransom To N2m, As Family Visits Sars Enugu by THEAMAKA3(f): 7:51am On Nov 12, 2009
YES OOOOO!!
let them reduce it to =N= 50,000
foolish robbers. angry angry angry
Re: Nkem Owoh: Abductors Reduce Ransom To N2m, As Family Visits Sars Enugu by selingel: 8:54am On Nov 12, 2009
Oboma1:

In actual fact, these actors too are "strugglers", and not millionnaires as they presume.

They should just allow the guy to be. In fact, I pity Enugu state here, because that will amount to huge loss in revenue, as these guys will shun shooting of films in that state, and as earlier reported, relocate their families as well.
Re: Nkem Owoh: Abductors Reduce Ransom To N2m, As Family Visits Sars Enugu by victorazy(m): 9:57am On Nov 12, 2009
These guys are village guys, hungry guys, i tut na better people sef
they will reduce it to 30k
Re: Nkem Owoh: Abductors Reduce Ransom To N2m, As Family Visits Sars Enugu by back2back(f): 10:07am On Nov 12, 2009
Now, let us see whose DOLLAR is being chop now.

what a poetic justice!!!
Re: Nkem Owoh: Abductors Reduce Ransom To N2m, As Family Visits Sars Enugu by selingel: 12:27pm On Nov 12, 2009
back2back:

what a poetic justice!!!

Poetic Justice indeed!. grin grin grin grin
Re: Nkem Owoh: Abductors Reduce Ransom To N2m, As Family Visits Sars Enugu by MrCrackles(m): 12:32pm On Nov 12, 2009
Can the bloody useless Nollywood industry not rally round and get the 2 milli
Re: Nkem Owoh: Abductors Reduce Ransom To N2m, As Family Visits Sars Enugu by Nobody: 12:35pm On Nov 12, 2009
MrCrackles:

And what next? Wait for the next Nollywood star to be kidnapped. . . so they can rally around for another ransom?
Re: Nkem Owoh: Abductors Reduce Ransom To N2m, As Family Visits Sars Enugu by selingel: 12:36pm On Nov 12, 2009
MrCrackles:

I learnt the Enugu state government has waded into the matter. Perhaps, they will pay the ransom. I see some guys looking for Christmas money in advance.
Re: Nkem Owoh: Abductors Reduce Ransom To N2m, As Family Visits Sars Enugu by MrCrackles(m): 12:37pm On Nov 12, 2009
nuzo:

And what next? Wait for the next Nollywood star to be kidnapped. . . so they can rally around for another ransom?
Well if that is what it takes, then fine. . .
They make a lotta money from the half baked jargons called movies, which they churn out everyday anyway!
Psssf!
Re: Nkem Owoh: Abductors Reduce Ransom To N2m, As Family Visits Sars Enugu by MrCrackles(m): 12:39pm On Nov 12, 2009
This is crazy. . .
Nollywood actors and actresses cant cough up 2 million naira, yet they claim stars and make movies every other minute. . .
Na wa ooo! grin grin grin
Re: Nkem Owoh: Abductors Reduce Ransom To N2m, As Family Visits Sars Enugu by selingel: 12:44pm On Nov 12, 2009
The one that pains me most is that, they make you look as nothing in their mist, yet they can not raise 2 million. Let them open a special account called "Ransom Account" each for themselves, because Nkem Owoh is not the last that will be victim.
Re: Nkem Owoh: Abductors Reduce Ransom To N2m, As Family Visits Sars Enugu by victorazy(m): 12:53pm On Nov 12, 2009
Another Movie on the way "Osuofia in custody"
Re: Nkem Owoh: Abductors Reduce Ransom To N2m, As Family Visits Sars Enugu by eminemkayc: 1:02pm On Nov 12, 2009
ABEG MAKE DEM ORGANIZE TWO MILLA FOR MY BOIZ JARE!!!! WHICH KIN NONSENSE BE THIS!! SHAY DEM DEY CALL THEMSELVES STARS AND ALL THESE SHIT!! MAKE DEM PROOVE AM AND SETTLE THOSE BOIZ SO THAT MONEY WOULD GO ROUND IN THIS COUNTRY!!! NANSENSE!!! grin grin grin tongue tongue tongue
Re: Nkem Owoh: Abductors Reduce Ransom To N2m, As Family Visits Sars Enugu by eminemkayc: 1:03pm On Nov 12, 2009
ABEG MAKE DEM ORGANIZE TWO MILLA FOR MY BOIZ JARE!!!! WHICH KIN NONSENSE BE THIS!! SHAY DEM DEY CALL THEMSELVES STARS AND ALL THESE SHIT!! MAKE DEM PROOVE AM AND SETTLE THOSE BOIZ SO THAT MONEY WOULD GO ROUND IN THIS COUNTRY!!! NANSENSE!!! grin grin grin
Re: Nkem Owoh: Abductors Reduce Ransom To N2m, As Family Visits Sars Enugu by sexyLeamon(f): 1:12pm On Nov 12, 2009
back2back:

what a poetic justice!!!
I know this is not funny, but dat got me cracking grin grin grin grin grin pls please pardon my rudeness people.
Re: Nkem Owoh: Abductors Reduce Ransom To N2m, As Family Visits Sars Enugu by selingel: 1:12pm On Nov 12, 2009
victorazy:

Another Movie on the way "Osuofia in custody"

I can't wait to rent one. As for me buying it, tufia! (spits out).
Re: Nkem Owoh: Abductors Reduce Ransom To N2m, As Family Visits Sars Enugu by Nobody: 1:25pm On Nov 12, 2009
Oboma1:

Nkem Owoh: Abductors reduce ransom to N2m
…Family visits SARS
By AZUH AMATUS
Thursday, November 12, 2009.

Speaking on the new ransom fee, the National President of the Actors Guild of Nigeria (AGN), Mr. Segun Arinze, who has publicly condemned Owoh’s abduction, insisted that AGN would not pay a dime to have the actor released.

We won’t pay any ransom money to anybody or bunch of kidnappers. They should immediately release Owoh to us unconditionally. We are actors and not moneybags. I insist, we won’t give them any money either from the coffers of AGN or the pockets of our individual members. Enough of this madness. We are just like every other Nigerians helping to reposition and re-brand our great nation, through entertainment as Nollywood practitioners. Please, kidnappers should desist from kidnapping and harassing our members, except they want us to stop making Nigerians happy and proud with our great talents,” he declared.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2009/nov/12/national-12-11-2009-004.htm

See Oga Arinze! the guy just dey halla, dey paraaaaaaaaaa  grin

Osuofia go market! make dem buy am back!

I go chop your Dollar!!!!!!!!!!!  cheesy Na who be Mugu?

Funny shit
Re: Nkem Owoh: Abductors Reduce Ransom To N2m, As Family Visits Sars Enugu by rphlogbe: 1:29pm On Nov 12, 2009
Raising the money is not the issue here. Actors and actresses are just like any other professionals in the country. Very soon Vcs, medical doctors head of organizations will be the target.  When is this madness of kidnapping going to stop? I am surprised that people can be asking the Actors Guild to provide the money.  May God Help Nigerians. Amen.
Re: Nkem Owoh: Abductors Reduce Ransom To N2m, As Family Visits Sars Enugu by c33b33(m): 1:52pm On Nov 12, 2009
[b]Also commenting on the ugly issue, two leading actors in Nollywood, Victor Osuagwu and Chioma Toplis, strongly condemned Owoh’s abduction, describing it as shameful and uncalled for.

[/b]lma0!!!Osuagwu!you better do sharp!sharp!
Re: Nkem Owoh: Abductors Reduce Ransom To N2m, As Family Visits Sars Enugu by selingel: 2:05pm On Nov 12, 2009
c33b33:

[b]Also commenting on the ugly issue, two leading actors in Nollywood, Victor Osuagwu and Chioma Toplis, strongly condemned Owoh’s abduction, describing it as shameful and uncalled for.

[/b]lma0!!!Osuagwu!you better do sharp!sharp!

Do we now say, Enugu is no go area for actors (for now) in Nigeria?
Re: Nkem Owoh: Abductors Reduce Ransom To N2m, As Family Visits Sars Enugu by beolar(f): 2:28pm On Nov 12, 2009
My prayer is dat OWOH will be released unhurt,i pray that God will put a stop to kidnappers activities in the country.
Re: Nkem Owoh: Abductors Reduce Ransom To N2m, As Family Visits Sars Enugu by ehibaby(f): 2:50pm On Nov 12, 2009

wen they pay,d nxt thing dey'll say is dat nollywood has cash and start kidnapping dem one after d other,
Re: Nkem Owoh: Abductors Reduce Ransom To N2m, As Family Visits Sars Enugu by Periscope: 3:13pm On Nov 12, 2009
I pray that God should provide a good referee for this game that Osuofia is into. I know he is having some difficulties since he was taken unawares for the game. Osuofia may only win this game if his supporters; AGN and the Government will wake up and support him.
Osuofia right now needs good strikers he dribbles and passes but no one to strike.

From what am seeing with the help of my periscope, Osuofia would have collapsed  suppose the 15m ransom was paid. I can hear him say stuffs like; " hey!!!! I cant belief this, are You a Mugu!,  how can you pay about $100000 to someone who wanted to carry my burden free of charge in the name of  game. Did I complain that am suffering there ehh? OK, I agree that you paid the money, which bank did you pay my money into, where is the deposit slip? No! mbanu! my money! ego mm!  Inshort EFCC must hear this.

I pray nothing happens to him, while I save some money to buy His new movie "They gave me Uniform"

Father safe him let me laugh again.
Re: Nkem Owoh: Abductors Reduce Ransom To N2m, As Family Visits Sars Enugu by drnonye(m): 3:23pm On Nov 12, 2009
may b and just maybe, its high time we return back 2 military rule.
Re: Nkem Owoh: Abductors Reduce Ransom To N2m, As Family Visits Sars Enugu by kufreabasi(m): 3:26pm On Nov 12, 2009
what do they things these guys are? a common hausler, trying to make ends meet. why are they threatening their lives?
Anywhere, it is another film title to Nkem Owoh.
the same way they release Peter Edochie, they will do likewise.
Re: Nkem Owoh: Abductors Reduce Ransom To N2m, As Family Visits Sars Enugu by davimore: 4:00pm On Nov 12, 2009
these are the worst guys i ve ever of,kidnaping a man like osuofia and pledging a ransome of 5m theywill soon take it down to 15k
Re: Nkem Owoh: Abductors Reduce Ransom To N2m, As Family Visits Sars Enugu by Nobody: 4:12pm On Nov 12, 2009
The guy is rugged,,i dont buy payment of ransome,, When he finishes his abductors' food,im sure they will release him on credit.
Re: Nkem Owoh: Abductors Reduce Ransom To N2m, As Family Visits Sars Enugu by jona2: 4:16pm On Nov 12, 2009
hummmmmmm.
Re: Nkem Owoh: Abductors Reduce Ransom To N2m, As Family Visits Sars Enugu by Utaroz(m): 4:29pm On Nov 12, 2009
Periscope:

I pray that God should provide a good referee for this game that Osuofia is into. I know he is having some difficulties since he was taken unawares for the game. Osuofia may only win this game if his supporters; AGN and the Government will wake up and support him.
Osuofia right now needs good strikers he dribbles and passes but no one to strike.

From what am seeing with the help of my periscope, Osuofia would have collapsed  suppose the 15m ransom was paid. I can hear him say stuffs like; " hey!!!! I cant belief this, are You a Mugu!,  how can you pay about $100000 to someone who wanted to carry my burden free of charge in the name of  game. Did I complain that am suffering there ehh? OK, I agree that you paid the money, which bank did you pay my money into, where is the deposit slip? No! mbanu! my money! ego mm!  Inshort EFCC must hear this.

I pray nothing happens to him, while I save some money to buy His new movie "They gave me Uniform"

Lol, Hey, you almost sounded like you write his scripts! Typical grin
l

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria On The Brink Of A Bloody Civil War - UK's Channel 4 Predicts - Video / Nigeria Inflation Drops To 8 Percent / OPINION: Why Buhari's Candidacy Will Not Sell In 2015(Modified)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.