Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,441 members, 7,819,631 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:31 PM

Igboland Is Not Landlocked - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igboland Is Not Landlocked (19830 Views)

Does It Mean That Southeast Nigeria Is Not Landlocked Like We Are Told? / Europeans Wrongly Believe Igboland Is A Region For Criminals — Ebede / Igboland Is Not Landlocked, Opobo Is Igboland! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked by Nobody: 10:21pm On Dec 07, 2015
unite4real:

you can only talk of a coastal port when the coast is part of your region. For example, Niger republic has Nigeria on its south. Now Nigeria has shorlines and this does not mean that Niger can now claim that they can create coastal port from that. Once you are in the hinterland, you dont talk about the sea port.

find picture of Coastal ports attached. The igboland can only dream of this. It can never happen

If it can't happen anywhere in Igbo land, then it can't happen anywhere in any part of Nigeria. #fact.
Nigerians map is an evidence.

1 Like

Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked by kernel504(m): 10:22pm On Dec 07, 2015
Mynd44:

Of. Course not. Which is why we have to continually negotiate with the countries up river so they dont dam it but that does not relate to this discourse.

COUNTRIES DON'T GO ALL OUT AS ENEMIES, EXAMPLE
AMERICA AND RUSSIA STILL DO BUSINESS, Mc DONALD IS STILL IN RUSSIA.
ISRAEL BUY WATER FROM TURKEY AND MANY MORE OTHERS.
Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked by sleekdot(m): 10:24pm On Dec 07, 2015
ezeaguisforever:

They will get to Port Harcourt or or any ports on Igbo lands on the Cross River, on either side, Imo, Niger, or Urashi by going through water surrounded by mangrove or more water.

In short Biafra doesnt have a direct access to the Atlantic ocean and for foreign ships to get to Biafra they would need to pass through Nigerian territory and Nigeria has to give such permission
Basically your import depends on the goodwill of another nation giving you access to pass through its land

So assuming you want to ship in ammunition too, Nigeria would just allow you pass. Its either they impose a heavy tarrif at their own discretion or simply turn back the ship

3 Likes

Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked by Nobody: 10:25pm On Dec 07, 2015
Abeg make I dey my lane... I no wan incur ban finally.
Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked by Mynd44: 10:26pm On Dec 07, 2015
ezeaguisforever:

You honestly believe 20 miles of mangrove and wide rivers will be blocked by Nigeria and supported by the international community?
Your territory is your territory. As long as it is not disputed land, you can do what you like with it

2 Likes

Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked by sleekdot(m): 10:26pm On Dec 07, 2015
ezeaguisforever:

You honestly believe 20 miles of mangrove and wide rivers will be blocked by Nigeria and supported by the international community?

Are you saying a country has no right to block its own waterways?

Go and find out how landlocked countries like Uganda, Lesotho and Swaziland survive

2 Likes

Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked by kernel504(m): 10:26pm On Dec 07, 2015
ezeaguisforever:

What are you talking about?

YORUBA
Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked by Nobody: 10:26pm On Dec 07, 2015
[s]
sleekdot:

In short Biafra doesnt have a direct access to the Atlantic ocean and for foreign ships to get to Biafra they would need to pass through Nigerian territory and Nigeria has to give such permission
Basically your import depends on the goodwill of another nation giving you access to pass through its land

So assuming you want to ship in ammunition too, Nigeria would just allow you pass. Its either they impose a heavy tarrif at their own discretion or simply turn back the ship
[/s]

Study the map of Biafra. Then come back and check on this mess you've written.

1 Like

Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked by unite4real: 10:28pm On Dec 07, 2015
AfricanFinest:

If it can't happen anywhere in Igbo land, then it can't happen anywhere in any part of Nigeria. #fact.
Nigerians map is an evidence.

The 853km long Nigeria coastline runs through seven of the Southern States of the Federation, Lagos, Ondo, Delta, Bayelsa, Rivers, Akwa Ibom and Cross Rivers bordering the Atlantic Ocean

It will only take a determined government to make it happen

1 Like

Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked by ezeaguisforever(m): 10:29pm On Dec 07, 2015
sleekdot:

And if a Maersk ship docks at a shiny new port at Igwu Ocha through the New Kalabar, what will Nigeria do? Blow it up? How will these ships be turned back? Do you have a navy? Where are they when entire Russian tankers come to bunker oil or Norwegian fishing boats with heavy tonnage come to steal your fish? And what about bribes? You're sleeping.

1 Like

Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked by Nobody: 10:29pm On Dec 07, 2015
Mynd44:

Your territory is your territory. As long as it is not disputed land, you can do what you like with it

Please I want to ask with all clear mind.
Is Biafra landlocked?
Explaining further, What I nean is that will they need to pass anyone's territory to get access to its sea.
Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked by ezeaguisforever(m): 10:30pm On Dec 07, 2015
kernel504:

YORUBA

I still don't know what you're talking about.
Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked by ezeaguisforever(m): 10:32pm On Dec 07, 2015
sleekdot:

Are you saying a country has no right to block its own waterways?

Go and find out how landlocked countries like Uganda, Lesotho and Swaziland survive

I'll answer how they survive if you can answer this: do either Uganda, Lesotho, or Swaziland have several massive navigable rivers running through them into the ocean 20 miles from them on mostly mangrove and islands? Do they have their brothers on the actual coastline?

1 Like

Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked by Nobody: 10:34pm On Dec 07, 2015
unite4real:

The 853km long Nigeria coastline runs through seven of the Southern States of the Federation, Lagos, Ondo, Delta, Bayelsa, Rivers, Akwa Ibom and Cross Rivers bordering the Atlantic Ocean

It will only take a determined government to make it happen

Rivers??
And you think Igbo land doesn't extend to rivers?
Are you among those that believes that Igbo land is restricted by the confinement of the geo political zones of Nigeria...

Like I said before...
If it can happen in any part of the country, it can also happen in Igbo land.
That's my take and is the fact.

1 Like

Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked by ezeaguisforever(m): 10:34pm On Dec 07, 2015
Mynd44:

I'm happy you said "disputed land".
Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked by sleekdot(m): 10:34pm On Dec 07, 2015
ezeaguisforever:

And if a Maersk ship docks at a shiny new port at Igwu Ocha through the New Kalabar, what will Nigeria do? Blow it up? How will these ships be turned back? Do you have a navy? Where are they when entire Russian tankers come to bunker oil or Norwegian fishing boats with heavy tonnage come to steal your fish? And what about bribes? You're sleeping.

How would the ship get to Ikpuocha in the first place? Whose waterways would it navigate to get to Ikpuocha.

Are you saying you would smuggle your Maersk cargo inside Russian tankers and Norwegian fishing boat or fly the to Nwokocha?
Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked by scholes0(m): 10:35pm On Dec 07, 2015
Tequilah:

I don't know the answer to question 1, but I know the answer to question 2. Port-harcourt has direct access to the ocean. A sea port was built there, years ago.

The port is at Onne , which is Okrika & Eleme land, not Port harcourt.
Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked by sleekdot(m): 10:36pm On Dec 07, 2015
ezeaguisforever:

I'll answer how they survive if you can answer this: do either Uganda, Lesotho, or Swaziland have several massive navigable rivers running through them into the ocean 20 miles from them on mostly mangrove and islands? Do they have their brothers on the actual coastline?

Swaziland and Lesotho have South African ports they depend on its goodwill

Uganda has Entebbe port on Lake victoria but cargo ships still have to dock in Kenya or Tanzania

2 Likes

Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked by Nobody: 10:36pm On Dec 07, 2015
sleekdot:

How would the ship get to Ikpuocha in the first place? Whose waterways would it navigate to get to Ikpuocha.

Are you saying you would smuggle your Maersk cargo inside Russian tankers and Norwegian fishing boat or fly the to Nwokocha?

Why not Tell us whose water ways it will pass. ?
Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked by arresa: 10:37pm On Dec 07, 2015
coolscott:

[size=13pt]This write up did not state that Igbo land is not land locked. It mentioned the rivers around Igbo land. I have seen the river in Aba. The Imo river fans out as it heads south but that does not immediately mean that the ocean moved northwards to Igboland.

Well, even though wikipedia happened to erroneously ascribe beachline to Igbos (which they did not) they only need to be corrected on account of the non-conformity of that report with what is on the ground.

Only one thing can give Igbos an ocean. Global warming and rising sea levels in such great proportion as to send Port Harcourt, Okrika kalabari, et al under the see. This we pray will never happen
[/size]

.....landlocked means zero direct access to any sea or ocean. Any other meandering or disingenuous connotations like the OP is alluding is bogus and total fallacy...

3 Likes

Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked by ezeaguisforever(m): 10:39pm On Dec 07, 2015
sleekdot:

Don't start with names now oh, because your nation was literally named 'Nigger area' by a random white female expatriate.

I asked you how you (Nigeria) will stop a Maersk ship from entering Igwu Ocha, you're asking me a question for what.

1 Like

Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked by ezeaguisforever(m): 10:40pm On Dec 07, 2015
arresa:

.....landlocked means zero direct access to any sea or ocean. Any other meandering or disingenuous connotations like the OP is alluding is bogus and total fallacy...

You have blown your own useless grammar now it's time to fuck off please.

1 Like

Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked by arresa: 10:42pm On Dec 07, 2015
sleekdot:

This cracked me up. I laugh taya..lmao

1 Like

Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked by ezeaguisforever(m): 10:42pm On Dec 07, 2015
sleekdot:

Swaziland and Lesotho have South African ports they depend on its goodwill

Uganda has Entebbe port on Lake victoria but cargo ships still have to dock in Kenya or Tanzania

So do Swazi, Sotho, Uganda have navigable rivers passing through swampy islands into the ocean or not?

1 Like

Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked by unite4real: 10:43pm On Dec 07, 2015
AfricanFinest:

Rivers??
And you think Igbo land doesn't extend to rivers?
Are you among those that believes that Igbo land is restricted by the confinement of the geo political zones of Nigeria...

Like I said before...
If it can happen in any part of the country, it can also happen in Igbo land.
That's my take and is the fact.

The last time i check, my Ikwere friend did not subscribe to this. They call this land grabbing.

I am forced to understand the map below and the bounded marked region is still hinterland.

1 Like

Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked by ezeaguisforever(m): 10:44pm On Dec 07, 2015
arresa:

This cracked me up. I laugh taya..lmao

You didn't laugh. It wasn't funny at all. You're just desperate. Please fuck off if you can't add anything to this discussion.
Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked by ezeaguisforever(m): 10:47pm On Dec 07, 2015
unite4real:

The last time i check, my Ikwere friend did not subscribe to this. They call this land grabbing.

I am forced to understand the map below and the bounded marked region is still hinterland.

You guys and your "Ikwere friends", you people sure Ikwere no pass Igbo population, or maybe anything that comes from the east and say "I'm no Igbo" is Ikwere to you guys? It's especially funny because you're also trying to deny Ikwere people access to the sea that fucking meters away just in case, lol. Fake bastards.

Answer how Nigeria will block the waterways please.

1 Like

Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked by arresa: 10:51pm On Dec 07, 2015
ezeaguisforever:

You have blown your own useless grammar now it's time to fuck off please.

Olodo. You mind posting your own made up definition for landlocked?
Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked by unite4real: 10:52pm On Dec 07, 2015
ezeaguisforever:

You guys and your "Ikwere friends", you people sure Ikwere no pass Igbo population, or maybe anything that comes from the east and say "I'm no Igbo" is Ikwere to you guys? It's especially funny because you're also trying to deny Ikwere people access to the sea that fucking meters away just in case, lol. Fake bastards.

Answer how Nigeria will block the waterways please.

i am told that everything historic about the Ikwere and Igbo is only in theory and can never be in reality. mark my words. if it happens then the story of jewish descendant, a well laughable one can also come to reality
Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked by Nobody: 10:53pm On Dec 07, 2015
unite4real:

You people are trying so hard to make Biafra an Igbo thing but it won't work.
Besides even without ikwere there are Igbo sub groups in south south... For crying out loud you people should go and study... In south south these people have never denied their igboness...
Even at that Igbo is an ethnic group in Biafra land like wise other ethnicities.
This una divide and rule tactics will one day fade off as people are becoming enlightened... Just look at this map someone highlighted Igbo land and is asking Biafra? That's their tactics but we know better. Thank God for Nairaland too for opening my eyes and also to radio Biafra.

You will need to tell me why igwuocha port wasn't included in that ellipse as Igbo land. Even with the name bearing igboid rooted name.
If not for fraudulent purposes...

And haters will like this kinda thing so they can be temporally happy. I don't even mind

1 Like

Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked by arresa: 10:53pm On Dec 07, 2015
ezeaguisforever:

You didn't laugh. It wasn't funny at all. You're just desperate. Please fuck off if you can't add anything to this discussion.

Is it even any of your business if I laugh or didn't laugh..?

Nna, na by force to keep quoting and crying over everything?

1 Like

Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked by ezeaguisforever(m): 10:54pm On Dec 07, 2015
unite4real:

i am told that everything historic about the Ikwere and Igbo is only in theory and can never be in reality. mark my words

Stop acting like you care about Ikwere people. LOL.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Police Hunt For Shiite Members, Arrest Scores / 2016 Budget: FG Votes N500b For Social Welfare / Falana Bombshell: For 2023, Expect A Third Term Agenda Soon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.