Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,847 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:07 AM

Igboland Is Not Landlocked - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igboland Is Not Landlocked (19833 Views)

Does It Mean That Southeast Nigeria Is Not Landlocked Like We Are Told? / Europeans Wrongly Believe Igboland Is A Region For Criminals — Ebede / Igboland Is Not Landlocked, Opobo Is Igboland! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked by ezeaguisforever(m): 3:19pm On Dec 09, 2015
Tequilah:

Interesting! A river can be wide at one end and very narrow at the other end. The most important question is this: At what point does the Imo River, New Kalabar River (and those other rivers you mentioned earlier) open up to the sea?? And what is the width at the point where it opens into the sea? Even if Imo river is 1,000 ft wide at Obete as you claim, is that width sustained all through its length down south? If it ends up being 10ft wide at the lower end where it is expected to drain into the sea and if it is blocked by an island, (as the river also passes through Akwa Ibom) on its course down south, it may not be easy for vessels to pass through it. Smaller vessels might get through, but container-carrying ships might run aground.

The picture you posted illustrated a large vessel at the Port of New Orleans on the Missisippi River. Can such vessels successfully navigate the New Kalabar River and Imo River?? I doubt it.

I was being conservative by not giving you the width of the estuatries and mouths of the Imo and New Kalabar, the Imo River is the boundary between Rivers (Igbo, Opobo and Ogoni land) and Akwa Ibom (Ibibio), it doesn't go through Akwa Ibom.

This the mouth of the New Kalabar is around a mile wide, same with the Imo below it. What I should have written was the Bonny River, you see there are so manny rivers and islands in the areas. The Bonny Rivers goes round Yellow Island into the Bonny Estuary which is around 5 miles wide.

Bonny River Ships

Ship on the Bonny River

Imo River mouth at Opobo.

Tequilah:
I do not know the size of the tankers that you claim have entered the New Kalabar and Imo Rivers, but it is unlikely to be the size of that container loading vessel that was shown in your illustration.

If an island blocks a port, any country that wants its ships to pass through its waters would have to negotiate for access, and meet various stipulated conditions. If that island is too large to allow a large vessel pass through, additional transhipment costs would be incurred.

Or, it's an island so you go around in the water surrounding it. LOL.

You can see the topography of the area by this US satellite map, much of the area are islands and mangrove. What you people are suggesting is that this place can be legally blockaded by Nigeria in the event of Port Harcourt being part of an Igbo country. LOL.

Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked by Tequilah: 4:07pm On Dec 09, 2015
ezeaguisforever:
I was being conservative by not giving you the width of the estuatries and mouths of the Imo and New Kalabar, the Imo River is the boundary between Rivers (Igbo, Opobo and Ogoni land) and Akwa Ibom (Ibibio), it doesn't go through Akwa Ibom.

This the mouth of the New Kalabar is around a mile wide, same with the Imo below it. What I should have written was the Bonny River, you see there are so manny rivers and islands in the areas. The Bonny Rivers goes round Yellow Island into the Bonny Estuary which is around 5 miles wide.

Bonny River Ships

Ship on the Bonny River

Imo River mouth at Opobo.

Or, it's an island so you go around in the water surrounding it. LOL.

You can see the topography of the area by this US satellite map, much of the area are islands and mangrove. What you people are suggesting is that this place can be legally blockaded by Nigeria in the event of Port Harcourt being part of an Igbo country. LOL.

Now you are just contradicting yourself. What does Bonny River have to do with this? You were talking about Imo River, New Kalabar (you have forgotten Orashi river), and now suddenly you have digressed to reach out for Bonny River. Does Bonny River run through Igboland??
Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked by ezeaguisforever(m): 4:17pm On Dec 09, 2015
Tequilah:

Now you are just contradicting yourself. What does Bonny River have to do with this? You were talking about Imo River, New Kalabar (you have forgotten Orashi river), and now suddenly you have digressed to reach out for Bonny River. Does Bonny River run through Igboland??

Contradicting where? There are several rivers that run through and out from Igboland. The Bonny River is the route ships take from Port Harcourt, but there are many different routes and this is because everything below is mostly island. The overall point being that there are multiple outlets to the sea.

You didn't originally ask for the Orashi, so there was nothing to forget, do you want the width of that plus it's mouth as well? It has a width of around 500 feet on average, around the same size as the River Thames in London and it hasn't even been embanked and the mouth is 1000 ft wide.

What next?

2 Likes

Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked by Tequilah: 4:32pm On Dec 09, 2015
ezeaguisforever:
Contradicting where? There are several rivers that run through and out from Igboland. The Bonny River is the route ships take from Port Harcourt, but there are many different routes and this is because everything below is mostly island. The overall point being that there are multiple outlets to the sea.

You didn't originally ask for the Orashi, so there was nothing to forget, do you want the width of that plus it's mouth as well? It has a width of around 500 feet on average, around the same size as the River Thames in London and it hasn't even been embanked and the mouth is 1000 ft wide.

What next?

Go back to your initial post. You were the one that mentioned Orashi river, along with Imo river, not I. undecided

Along the line, you suddenly stopped talking about Orashi and switched to New Kalabar river and Imo river, in your bid to show that these rivers which flow through Igboland flow into the sea, so by virtue of this fact Biafra has access to the sea. This was done as part of your efforts to disprove statements that Biafra is landlocked.

Now, you have switched to Bonny river, which was originally NOT a part of this discourse. And my question to you is simple: does Bonny River run through Igbo land? Or why would you bring it up at the last minute?? shocked
Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked by ezeaguisforever(m): 4:43pm On Dec 09, 2015
Tequilah:

Go back to your initial post. You were the one that mentioned Orashi river, along with Imo river, not I. undecided

Along the line, you suddenly stopped talking about Orashi and switched to New Kalabar river and Imo river, in your bid to show that these rivers which flow through Igboland flow into the sea, so by virtue of this fact Biafra has access to the sea. This was done as part of your efforts to disprove statements that Biafra is landlocked.

Now, you have switched to Bonny river, which was originally NOT a part of this discourse. And my question to you is simple: does Bonny River run through Igbo land? Or why would you bring it up at the last minute?? shocked

Why are you pretending like your questions weren't asked and answered two posts ago? Is it because they weren't the answers you wanted or that you didn't want there to be answers at all? Why are you bringing up pointless notes?

You asked what the rivers were, and I've even given you an additional one, the Bonny River which is similar to the New Kalabar which is also navigable but does not come straight from Port Harcourt unlike the Bonny River, so what's your point now?

2 Likes

Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked by Tequilah: 4:57pm On Dec 09, 2015
ezeaguisforever:
Why are you pretending like your questions weren't asked and answered two posts ago? Is it because they weren't the answers you wanted or that you didn't want there to be answers at all? Why are you bringing up pointless notes?

You asked what the rivers were, and I've even given you an additional one, the Bonny River which is similar to the New Kalabar which is also navigable but does not come straight from Port Harcourt unlike the Bonny River, so what's your point now?

Guy, you are the one exuding pretence on this board. Haba, if I didn't want answers, would I have asked questions? The answers you provided are in public domain, and anyone can draw their conclusions from those 'answers.'

However, you have been jumping from pillar to post, citing Orashi river, Imo river, New Kalabar and now you have finally digressed to start rambling about Bonny River. And this has led to more questions. undecided

My last question to you, (since you mentioned Bonny River) is: does Bonny River run through Igboland? What are the areas of Igbo land that Bonny river runs through? Why is it so difficult for you to provide an answer, and why on earth are you getting defensive ?

I don't get it, oh! shocked
Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked by pazienza(m): 5:01pm On Dec 09, 2015
Arewa-Oduanistanis obsessed with everything Biafra, it's pathetic.

5 Likes

Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked by ezeaguisforever(m): 5:04pm On Dec 09, 2015
Tequilah:

Guy, you are the one exuding pretence on this board. Haba, if I didn't want answers, would I have asked questions? The answers you provided are in public domain, and anyone can draw their conclusions from those 'answers.'

However, you have been jumping from pillar to post, citing Orashi river, Imo river, New Kalabar and now you have finally digressed to start rambling about Bonny River. And this has led to more questions. undecided

My last question to you, (since you mentioned Bonny River) is: does Bonny River run through Igboland? What are the areas of Igbo land that Bonny river runs through? Why is it so difficult for you to provide an answer, and why on earth are you getting defensive ?

I don't get it, oh! shocked

You're just really trying to seem like your point still stands. Why would I mention the Bonny River if it doesn't run through Igboland? Where did I discount Imo and Orashi, did I not give you information about the width of those rivers? Did I not post pictures for the Imo's mouth? What are you really talking about? In fact the reason why I gave so many rivers was because people like you and HopeAtHand will come and argue certain places aren't Igbo. Stop trying to do 'sense' because your points have been blown out of the 'water'. LOL.

3 Likes

Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked by Tequilah: 5:13pm On Dec 09, 2015
ezeaguisforever:
You're just really trying to seem like your point still stands. Why would I mention the Bonny River if it doesn't run through Igboland? Where did I discount Imo and Orashi, did I not give you information about the width of those rivers? Did I not post pictures for the Imo's mouth? What are you really talking about? In fact the reason why I gave so many rivers was because people like you and HopeAtHand will come and argue certain places aren't Igbo. Stop trying to do 'sense' because your points have been blown out of the 'water'. LOL.

Na wa, oh! shocked Why are you getting worked up? You have given the sizes and widths of Orashi and Imo Rivers in your bid to show that Biafra has access to the sea. Okay o, maybe those ships you cited earlier would soon start plying the Imo river to the sea. The day we see it, we would believe. If you do not understand what exactly I am talking about, then please go back and re-read all my posts with an open mind. undecided

Nobody said you discounted Orashi and Imo river. You are the one that brought them up, in the same way you have brought up Bonny river. Why are you now grasping at straws instead of answering my last question?? I have asked that same question 4 times and instead of providing a direct answer, you are rambling. What part of Igboland does Bonny River run through, since you have claimed that it is one of the many rivers that runs through Igboland, which gives Biafra direct access to the sea?

Is that question too difficult for you to understand? shocked Is that why you are seeking HopeAt Hand's help to provide an answer?? Were you not the same person who made the statement below?

ezeaguisforever:

Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked by ezeaguisforever(m): 5:18pm On Dec 09, 2015
Tequilah:

Na wa, oh! shocked Why are you getting worked up? You have given the sizes and widths of Orashi and Imo Rivers in your bid to show that Biafra has access to the sea. Okay o, maybe those ships you cited earlier would soon start plying the Imo river to the sea. The day we see it, we would believe. If you do not understand what exactly I am talking about, then please go back and re-read all my posts with an open mind. undecided

Nobody said you discounted Orashi and Imo river. You are the one that brought up Bonny river. Why are you now grasping at straws instead of answering my last question?? I have asked that same question 4 times and instead of providing a direct answer, you are rambling. What part of Igboland does Bonny River run through, since you have claimed that it is one of the many rivers that runs through Igboland, which gives Biafra direct access to the sea?

Is that question too difficult for you to understand? shocked Is that why you are seeking HopeAt Hand's help to provide an answer??

The Bonny River runs through Port Harcourt from Elele. Anymore questions or will you find something else to twist in your favour and act like you haven't completely 'drowned'?

1 Like

Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked by Tequilah: 5:20pm On Dec 09, 2015
ezeaguisforever:
The Bonny River runs through Port Harcourt from Elele. Anymore questions or will you find something else to twist in your favour and act like you haven't completely 'drowned'?

Thank you for answering the question. You have just let us know that Bonny River does not run through Igboland, so those your 'ships' that would sail from Igboland, would still rely on Nigerian waters such as Bonny river, in order to get to the sea.

Nobody is twisting anything. You are the expert in doing that. We are waiting for the day your container ships would set sail from Igboland, and head for the sea. undecided You actually drowned yourself way back, with the assertion that ships sail through Imo river....
Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked by ezeaguisforever(m): 5:25pm On Dec 09, 2015
Tequilah:

Thank you for answering the question. You have just let us know that Bonny River does not run through Igboland, so those your 'ships' that would sail from Igboland, would still rely on Nigerian waters such as Bonny river, in order to get to the sea.

Nobody is twisting anything. You are the expert in doing that. We are waiting for the day your container ships would set sail from Igboland, and head for the sea. undecided

Is this an admittance that your statements were trash and that you've failed or that you've just got nothing more to say?
Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked by Tequilah: 5:28pm On Dec 09, 2015
ezeaguisforever:
Is this an admittance that your statements were trash and that you've failed or that you've just got nothing more to say?

Nah, it just shows you shot yourself in the foot, with your assertions. And when people resort to using words like 'trash' to describe the points made by others, it just shows they have lost the plot! Continue rambling....
Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked by ezeaguisforever(m): 5:35pm On Dec 09, 2015
Tequilah:

Nah, it just shows you shot yourself in the foot, with your assertions. And when people resort to using words like 'trash' to describe the points made by others, it just shows they have lost the plot! Continue rambling....

So you have nothing left right? Because rambling means you communicate without making any points so you're actually doing the rambling right now. Just stop, unfollow the thread and act like this didn't happen.
Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked by SonOfEl(m): 5:42pm On Dec 09, 2015
shachris02:

Exactly. All Akwaibom, cross river and rivers state are all igbo land.

Oh i forgot delta state and Edo state.

Dude shut up and stop trying to sound intelligent...

2 Likes

Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked by ezeaguisforever(m): 5:42pm On Dec 09, 2015
Tequilah:

Interesting! A river can be wide at one end and very narrow at the other end. The most important question is this: At what point does the Imo River, New Kalabar River (and those other rivers you mentioned earlier) open up to the sea?? And what is the width at the point where it opens into the sea? Even if Imo river is 1,000 ft wide at Obete as you claim, is that width sustained all through its length down south? If it ends up being 10ft wide at the lower end where it is expected to drain into the sea and if it is blocked by an island, (as the river also passes through Akwa Ibom) on its course down south, it may not be easy for vessels to pass through it. Smaller vessels might get through, but container-carrying ships might run aground.

The picture you posted illustrated a large vessel at the Port of New Orleans on the Missisippi River. Can such vessels successfully navigate the New Kalabar River and Imo River?? I doubt it.

I do not know the size of the tankers that you claim have entered the New Kalabar and Imo Rivers, but it is unlikely to be the size of that container loading vessel that was shown in your illustration.

If an island blocks a port, any country that wants its ships to pass through its waters would have to negotiate for access, and meet various stipulated conditions. If that island is too large to allow a large vessel pass through, additional transhipment costs would be incurred.

LOL this person really tried but fear catch am when they realised their point was crooked and ultimately fell flat on their face. They tried to argue for Switzerland having access to the sea via the Rhine, now they were trying to measure the mouth of the Imo. Jokers.

1 Like

Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked by Tequilah: 5:57pm On Dec 09, 2015
ezeaguisforever:
LOL this person really tried but fear catch am when they realised their point was crooked and ultimately fell flat on their face. They tried to argue for Switzerland having access to the sea via the Rhine, now they were trying to measure the mouth of the Imo. Jokers.

No, you were the one that actually fell flat on your face when you ended your postulations, by claiming Bonny River. After going on about how Imo river and New Kalabar were as wide as the Rhine and the Thames, you then digressed and said: "I should have said Bonny River," in your bid to support your earlier assertion that Imo River and New Kalabar provides access to the sea. undecided
Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked by Tequilah: 6:00pm On Dec 09, 2015
ezeaguisforever:
So you have nothing left right? Because rambling means you communicate without making any points so you're actually doing the rambling right now. Just stop, unfollow the thread and act like this didn't happen.

How funny. sad You are the one that actually got confused at the end of your epistle, when you had to substitute Bonny River for Imo river after going on at length about how big New Kalabar and Imo rivers were. Now, the rest of us are laughing at your ramblings, and waiting for your container ships to start sailing from Igbo land through Imo river & New Kalabar into the sea!! shocked
Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked by HopeAtHand: 6:12pm On Dec 09, 2015
Still tryinh to understand the waste of productive time on unnecessary arguments.
Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked by Malawian(m): 6:12pm On Dec 09, 2015
immagine the hate filled hearts we are sharing a "country" with. these guys have endless stretch of "coastal lands" yet they are obsessed with whether or not BIAFRA has any sea access to sustain itself, they cant just focus on themselves.

now, even if for any BIAFRA is denied usage of our numerous sea access, we can always build an underground rail tunnel into cameroun if we agree with them, the location and route of such tunnel so secret, these hate children will dig "oil wells" all over their land in search of it.

we no marry again, na by force? haba. grin grin grin

i know say e go pain people, but as long as you are pained, i am happy. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked by Nobody: 6:16pm On Dec 09, 2015
Tequilah:

No, you were the one that actually fell flat on your face when you ended your postulations, by claiming Bonny River. After going on about how Imo river and New Kalabar were as wide as the Rhine and the Thames, you then digressed and said: "I should have said Bonny River," in your bid to support your earlier assertion that Imo River and New Kalabar provides access to the sea. undecided

My dear, from the explanations @Ezeagu has given you, it's quite glaring to even a dumb man that Igbo land clearly has access to the sea and is not landlocked.
Your comments now reek of your desperation to force Igbo land to be landlocked, LOL! Just stop already so you don't keep making a fool of your self k.

3 Likes

Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked by Bitterleafsoup: 6:19pm On Dec 09, 2015
nwanlecha:

My dear, from the explanations @Ezeagu has given you, it's quite glaring to even a dumb man that Igbo land clearly has access to the sea and is not landlocked.
Your comments now reek of your desperation to force Igbo land to be landlocked, LOL! Just stop already so you don't keep making a fool of your self k.

Even if it does not my Dear we will still rise. Countries do not always need the sea to be successful.

https://www.nairaland.com/2791332/landlocked-countries-high-success-rates
Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked by Bitterleafsoup: 6:21pm On Dec 09, 2015
ezeaguisforever:

This will stop all the frivilous claims, even so Africa's rising stars are landlocked!
https://www.nairaland.com/2791332/landlocked-countries-high-success-rates

1 Like

Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked by Nobody: 6:22pm On Dec 09, 2015
Malawian:
immagine the hate filled hearts we are sharing a "country" with. these guys have endless stretch of "coastal lands" yet they are obsessed with whether or not BIAFRA has any sea access to sustain itself, they cant just focus on themselves.

So sad I tell you. This is a classic case of, onye bu anụ enyi na isi, welụ ụkwụ na-akpa abuzụ. SMH
Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked by ezeaguisforever(m): 6:31pm On Dec 09, 2015
Tequilah:

How funny. sad You are the one that actually got confused at the end of your epistle, when you had to substitute Bonny River for Imo river after going on at length about how big New Kalabar and Imo rivers were. Now, the rest of us are laughing at your ramblings, and waiting for your container ships to start sailing from Igbo land through Imo river & New Kalabar into the sea!! shocked

Now you've completely confused yourself while trying to dig yourself out of a hole you created. Where did I substitute the Imo River for the Bonny River when I gave you the information for all the rivers? Keep joking.

1 Like

Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked by Tequilah: 6:34pm On Dec 09, 2015
nwanlecha:

Madam, nobody is forcing Igboland to be anything. And if anyone is desperate on this thread, it must be you as I cannot see any sign of desperation anywhere. For you to have made that comment, you obviously did not read all my posts in this thread with an open mind.
Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked by ezeaguisforever(m): 6:36pm On Dec 09, 2015
Tequilah or is it fruit punch, did you miss where I posted this image when you asked for the size of the mouth of the Imo and I told you it was a mile wide? Did I not tell unu that Opobo was even being discounted for discussion sake? Are there not Opobo people who have been recorded as identifying as Igbo?

Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked by Tequilah: 6:38pm On Dec 09, 2015
ezeaguisforever:
Now you've completely confused yourself while trying to dig yourself out of a hole you created. Where did I substitute the Imo River for the Bonny River when I gave you the information for all the rivers? Keep joking.

Nope. Any confusion here is actually emanating from you. In your post made earlier today at 3.19pm, wasn't this what you said: "What I should have written is the Bonny River......" Or have you forgotten? Can you see the hole you dug yourself into? Citing a river that does not even run through Igboland as your access to the sea?

ezeaguisforever:

This the mouth of the New Kalabar is around a mile wide, same with the Imo below it. What I should have written was the Bonny River, you see there are so manny rivers and islands in the areas. The Bonny Rivers goes round Yellow Island into the Bonny Estuary which is around 5 miles wide...
Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked by ezeaguisforever(m): 6:41pm On Dec 09, 2015
Tequilah:

Nope. Any confusion here is actually emanating from you. In your post made earlier today at 3.19pm, wasn't this what you said: "What I should have written is the Bonny River......" Or have you forgotten?

And what does that signify? How does this change the fact that the Bonny River runs through Igbo land? LOL. Keep the joke coming.
Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked by Tequilah: 6:43pm On Dec 09, 2015
ezeaguisforever:
Tequilah or is it fruit punch, did you miss where I posted this image when you asked for the size of the mouth of the Imo and I told you it was a mile wide? Did I not tell unu that Opobo was even being discounted for discussion sake? Are there not Opobo people who have been recorded as identifying as Igbo?

Oh, so Imo river is no longer directly linked to the sea where it gives access to your ships from Igboland to sail through? Is that why you are now claiming Bonny River into the bargain? And trying to show that it runs through Igboland? And is that why you are also trying to turn Opobo people into Igbo?

1 Like

Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked by ezeaguisforever(m): 6:44pm On Dec 09, 2015
Tequilah:

Oh, so Imo river is no longer directly linked to the sea where it gives access to your ships from Igboland to sail through? Is that why you are now claiming Bonny River into the bargain? And trying to show that it runs through Igboland? And is that why you are also trying to turn Opobo people into Igbo?

You must have missed this post, let me post it again for you. This is the mouth of the Imo River on the Atlantic.

You're either joking or simply fooling yourself.
Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked by Tequilah: 6:54pm On Dec 09, 2015
ezeaguisforever:
And what does that signify? How does this change the fact that the Bonny River runs through Igbo land? LOL. Keep the joke coming.

Now everyone has seen that you are the only joker on this board. unfortunately, your antics are really getting dry. It is quite obvious that the Bonny River you were basing all your earlier hopes on, does not even run through Igboland.

I guess this is now your cue to try and prove that Opobo people are actually Igbo, so that you can justify your claim that Bonny River runs through Igboland, and your container ships would have direct access to the sea...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Photos From The Burial Of Justin Abuah / Gov Bindow, Ribadu Reach Agreement Ahead Of 2019 Election / President Buhari Expresses Joy Over APC’s Majority Win In The Senate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.