Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,488 members, 7,819,764 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:44 PM

Igboland Is Not Landlocked - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igboland Is Not Landlocked (19832 Views)

Does It Mean That Southeast Nigeria Is Not Landlocked Like We Are Told? / Europeans Wrongly Believe Igboland Is A Region For Criminals — Ebede / Igboland Is Not Landlocked, Opobo Is Igboland! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked by NnaXmas: 11:43am On Dec 10, 2015
HopeAtHand:

Same Amaechi that asked "are we biafrans"..all Na politics nau..if i wanted to contest presidential election 2mao, i will come to Enugu and speak flawless Igbo...but if you come to an Ikwerre meeting and say "Igbo Kwenu", you go chop hot slap.

What does Biafra have to do with this? Have you seen any south east politician that has openly supported Biafra? So will you go to Enugu and call yourself Igbo since you're supposedly Ikwerre?

Why would a high ranking Ikwerre person that has nothing to gain from being called Igbo identify himself as Igbo despite Ikwerre people "fighting hard to be a distinct ethnic group" as you've suggested?

You don't want to start this one oh!
Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked by HopeAtHand: 11:52am On Dec 10, 2015
NnaXmas:

What does Biafra have to do with this? Have you seen any south east politician that has openly supported Biafra? So will you go to Enugu and call yourself Igbo since you're supposedly Ikwerre?

Why would a high ranking Ikwerre person that has nothing to gain from being called Igbo identify himself as Igbo despite Ikwerre people "fighting hard to be a distinct ethnic group" as you've suggested?

You don't want to start this one oh!

because he needs their votes...don't sound like u dnt know political theatrics..

Amaechi was called an Osun state indigene by politicians in Rivers sometime last year..things like dat makes politics look dirty-clean. grin
Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked by NnaXmas: 12:02pm On Dec 10, 2015
HopeAtHand:

because he needs their votes...don't sound like u dnt know political theatrics..

Amaechi was called an Osun state indigene by politicians in Rivers sometime last year..things like dat makes politics look dirty-clean. grin

So an Ikwerre person will forget their "hard fought battles" to be "independent" for a vote? He called himself a 'bona-fide Igbo man' because of his name and where he comes from and nobody rebutted him, but jokers like you will come and say the Igbo names and origin have no bearing on their ethnicity. Even Dokubo said he is Igbo via Ikwerre ancestry and many Ijaw see the rulership of Odili (Ndoni) Amaechi and co as Igbo hegemony meaning "Rivers people" see Ikwerre as Igbo, everybody sees Ikwerre as Igbo apart from Ikwerre according to you, except for the fact that a high ranking Ikwerre man called himself a 'bona-fide Igbo man', something an Ijaw or Ogoni would never do even with all the Igbo they may be able to speak.

Simply keep joking.

1 Like

Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked by abduljabbar4(m): 12:48pm On Dec 10, 2015
AfricanFinest:

But you know how everything was compressed...
I believe when you see that gutter you are talking of you will marvel...
Anyway they say haters will always hate...
So continue lies and life of deceit...
As we all know the truth that Igbo land ain't landlocked... Our ancestors are not stupid going to where there is no feel of water oceans...

No vex, do u know the meaning of "landlocked"?
Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked by abduljabbar4(m): 12:50pm On Dec 10, 2015
Mynd44:

Sure, I believe you

Oga u are now a mod. Congrats
Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked by pinkysegun(m): 10:51pm On Dec 10, 2015
chigomiced:

Right i have no time for childish insult, to the west igbos are bothered by akwa ibom and cross river no border to cameroon, to the east deltaand edo to the north benue, to the south rivers, bayelsa name 1 igbo state thats connected to the atlantic or the bight if biafra (i presume youbare 1 of those who think biafra is an igbo word
So i i stated if the igbo form a country it will be an enclave, if you dont know the meaning of that worl use google
Although your ignorance as been noted

if you did ur 5 mins of googling u wont hav come here to post poo..... there is notyn like "igbo region" ur misuse of the word enclave in describing the the igboland is dishearting upon all the western education u hav got ( dats if u did ) tongue u still dont know the meaning of "enclave"

hypocrite angry telling people to stop the hate and cursing and still goes ahead to call the igbo region landlicked undecided

i pity ur generation.......
Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked by badnature: 12:21am On Dec 11, 2015
@chigomiced Google the history of PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH OF NIGERIA,and you will see the connection of calabar in Biafra
Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked by explorer250(m): 6:52pm On Dec 13, 2015
HopeAtHand:

Same Amaechi that asked "are we biafrans"..all Na politics nau..if i wanted to contest presidential election 2mao, i will come to Enugu and speak flawless Igbo...but if you come to an Ikwerre meeting and say "Igbo Kwenu", you go chop hot slap.

well i dont know why you behave like this but i will take the words of amaechi who is a prominent leader than you who could be anybody.
Maybe you are still dwelling in the past but you are inconsequencial in the scheme of things. Just read and enjoy www.chidiukwu.com/the-ikwerre-people-reaffirm-their-igbo-rootinaugurate-ohanaeze-ndi-igbo-river-state-chapter/
Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked by willow0804: 6:59pm On Dec 13, 2015
explorer250:

well i dont know why you behave like this but i will take the words of amaechi who is a prominent leader than you who could be anybody.
Maybe you are still dwelling in the past but you are inconsequencial in the scheme of things. Just read and enjoy www.chidiukwu.com/the-ikwerre-people-reaffirm-their-igbo-rootinaugurate-ohanaeze-ndi-igbo-river-state-chapter/

leave them let them rant, they never want to see the igbos progress even nairaland has joined the bandwagon grin .

Igbos i love us kiss , we go still dominate no matter what because Chukwu Abiama is with us
Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked by HopeAtHand: 7:19pm On Dec 13, 2015
explorer250:

So you feel that you an Igboman can decide who and what the Ikwerres are. It is within my rights to speak for and on behalf of Ikwerres as i defend my people wherever and whenever, either online or in public.

I expect Igbos to be mature enough to accept the reality of things. We arent interested in being Igbo as we do not see our destiny tied to that of the Igbo..everyone should operate within their respective space.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked by willow0804: 7:31pm On Dec 13, 2015
HopeAtHand:

So you feel that you an Igboman can decide who and what the Ikwerres are. It is within my rights to speak for and on behalf of Ikwerres as i defend my people wherever and whenever, either online or in public.

I expect Igbos to be mature enough to accept the reality of things. We arent interested in being Igbo as we do not see our destiny tied to that of the Igbo..everyone should operate within their respective space.

You are wrong, my inlaws are from rivers, ikwerre and they are proud igbos, you forget this is just nairaland. Lol

Brother the same way you won't take me serious is the same way i won't take you serious too because you can never speak for a whole tribe, you are only speaking for your family at most .
Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked by HopeAtHand: 7:53pm On Dec 13, 2015
willow0804:

You are wrong, my inlaws are from rivers, ikwerre and they are proud igbos, you forget this is just nairaland. Lol

Brother the same way you won't take me serious is the same way i won't take you serious too because you can never speak for a whole tribe, you are only speaking for your family at most .

Your in-laws are just being good inlaws and will always make you comfortable by telling what you love to hear. Expect me to tell you the hard and blunt truth.

I've observed patiently and silently, the actions and inactions of Ikwerres, body language, utterances and asked series of critical questions on this matter and have safely concluded that the Ikwerres arent interested in Igbo brotherhood. Im not saying we are enemies, but Ikwerres prefer to be Ikwerres. Wether this goes well with Igbos generally, is not our concern.

2 Likes

Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked by willow0804: 7:56pm On Dec 13, 2015
HopeAtHand:

Your in-laws are just being good inlaws and will always make you comfortable by telling what you love to hear . Expect me to tell you the hard and blunt truth.

I've observed patiently and silently, the actions and inactions of Ikwerres, body language, utterances and asked series of critical questions on this matter and have safely concluded that the Ikwerres arent interested in Igbo brotherhood. Im not saying we are enemies, but Ikwerres prefer to be Ikwerres. Wether this goes well with Igbos generally, is not our concern.

like i said i won't take you serious. by the way you don't know my inlaws neither do you speak for the ikwerres.
Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked by explorer250(m): 9:01pm On Dec 13, 2015
HopeAtHand:

i am ndoki from oyigbo we are proud of our identity as igbos and so are many of my ikwerre friends. As i have told you,your inputs are inconsequential because no igboman forced ohaneze on ikwerres,those ikwerre men at the event are prominent men not deluded riffrafs . Well your opinion does not define the realities on ground. Pls let us just forget it since everyone is entitled to his/her opinion.
Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked by HopeAtHand: 9:10pm On Dec 13, 2015
explorer250:

i am ndoki from oyigbo we are proud of our identity as igbos and so are many of my ikwerre friends. As i have told you,your inputs are inconsequential because no igboman forced ohaneze on ikwerres,those ikwerre men at the event are prominent men not deluded riffrafs . Well your opinion does not define the realities on ground. Pls let us just forget it since everyone is entitled to his/her opinion.

Always say the truth as it is. The Ikwerre i represent have never at any time defined and expressed themselves as Igbo. Whoever went to Ohaneze Ndigbo meeting went there on his own accord..Ogbakor Ikwerre is the cultural affiliate and representative of my people. and will always be that way.

Pleasr speak for Ndoki and leave Ikwerre matter for Ikwerres.

2 Likes

Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked by explorer250(m): 9:14pm On Dec 13, 2015
willow0804:

leave them let them rant, they never want to see the igbos progress even nairaland has joined the bandwagon grin .

Igbos i love us kiss , we go still dominate no matter what because Chukwu Abiama is with us

i have always asked myself, what is it that the ikwerres have that other igbos dont have? Is it nearness to the ocean? Thank God we(ndoki) are nearer to the ocean via azumini than ikwerre. Is it oil? The three ndoki LGA of ukwa east(abia),ukwa west(abia) and oyigbo(obigbo,rivers) are very rich in it,infact,obigbo is one of the largest single oil producing LGA in Nigeria.

Well i wont judge the entire ikwerres just because of few riffrafs and online imposters since all my friends ikwerre friends are proud of their identity
Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked by explorer250(m): 9:22pm On Dec 13, 2015
HopeAtHand:

Always say the truth as it is. The Ikwerre i represent have never at any time defined and expressed themselves as Igbo. Whoever went to Ohaneze Ndigbo meeting went there on his own accord..Ogbakor Ikwerre is the cultural affiliate and representative of my people. and will always be that way.

Pleasr speak for Ndoki and leave Ikwerre matter for Ikwerres.

since this is a faceless forum and you could be anybody, i wont waste my time mincing words with you.

Udo! cheesy
Re: Igboland Is Not Landlocked by Afam4eva(m): 6:02pm On Dec 21, 2015
HopeAtHand:

When did Biafra and Igbo become interchangeable nouns? Rochas can make that Biafran statement and it won't change anything. I have followed this Ikwerre debate for far too long and i understand how the whole thing works. Afterall, the cluster we call Igbo today is an artificial creation of similar people culturally and most importantly politically. The truth is, i don't understand how the Ikwerre can fit into being called Igbo in the 21st century because a lot of things have changed. Maybe it would have been possible decades ago but not today exceot a major event happens that will unite the Igbos and Ikwerres politically. Notice my use of the term "politically". It's because i believe Ikwerres independence is based purely on politics. Maybe not as espoused by some Igbos. Let me use the Asaba scenario to explain. An average Asaba (not Anioma) person is Igbo. But there's one difference between him and his neighbor from Onitsha. While the one is Onitsha is shouting "BIAFRA TILL I DIE", he's like "O boy, i don't know about that one". It's not like there are no pro Biafran Asaba people but they are not as crazy as those across the Niger. The Ikwerre story is an extreme case of the Asaba story. The Ikwerres have created an consciousness for themselves which is different from that of SE Igbos not minding the cultural affinity that they share with South Easterners. The best an Ikwerre person feels with an Easterner like moi is one of cultural brotherhood.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

FFK Stands By His Words On Tinubu, See Why / Again, Buhari Shuts Down 3rd Term Agenda Talks / PDP Suspends Baraje, Oyinlola, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.