Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,135 members, 7,829,062 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:18 PM

Going To The West To Beg As Victims Can't Solve Our Problems - Okonji-Iweala - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Going To The West To Beg As Victims Can't Solve Our Problems - Okonji-Iweala (31661 Views)

Stop Adding To Our Problems, Give Us A Little Respect - Soldier Warns Nigerians / God Bless Okonji Iweala: Apc / Ambode Names Igbo Man Engr Okonji As GM State Electricity Board (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Going To The West To Beg As Victims Can't Solve Our Problems - Okonji-Iweala by Babacele: 11:55am On Dec 08, 2015
hinwazaka:
This is what a finance minister sounds like not Kemi, who is talking like a college dropout. I guess there is a huge difference between studying at Harvard and studying at East London. Imagine she has just a BSC and a post graduate diploma, not even a doctorate. What a joke
An awesome finance minister that was there for a decade n under whose nose the most filthy heist was unleashed by co-rogues n n theives leaving d country in a serious mess that Kemi is now clearing . you wailers have no shame even when yr paymasters yr future n of yr children they mortgage.

1 Like

Re: Going To The West To Beg As Victims Can't Solve Our Problems - Okonji-Iweala by ZUBY77(m): 12:33pm On Dec 08, 2015
Uricas:

No! It's just that I don't have time for unreasonable people.

You can go ahead and crown yourself reasonable if that makes you feel good.
Re: Going To The West To Beg As Victims Can't Solve Our Problems - Okonji-Iweala by ZUBY77(m): 12:47pm On Dec 08, 2015
sweetgala:

NOI was the coordinating minister of the federation and sat as a senior members of GEJ cabinet for over 4 years.

Her chance to endorse the progress of these institutions she now advocates for was most present and she had the capacity to ensure the country was in a position to source finance for projects and influence the relationship with private partners.

She knew the questions that needed to be asked, knew the answers they may give to the progress and prosperity of the nation and its people , either through negligence or corruption she decided not to ask them to our collective deficit.

Stop sounding smart, we would see what Fashola and his companions make of the opportunity presented them.

Being a coordinating minister doesn't mean one can dictate to every other ministry. As a matter of fact, there is nothing like a coordinating minister in our Constitution. Smart people like Emir Sanusi, who was the CBN governor then, who also happens to be a northerner, a Muslim and almost a visible enemy of the administration of Jonathan, would not listen to the Southern, Christian, female, Okonjo Iweala as long as she wasn't the President elect.
Now that's the case with many ministers. NOI sat on many loans requested by the Ministers and governors. She didn't allow them access the loans because she didn't believe in what they wanted to do with it.

A minister would show up and say he wants to do something with 10Billion. Yet he won't provide a break down of how he is going to use the money. The same with the governors.

That's why I said early that it will only take Patriots who believe in one Nigeria to help this country. Unfortunately, no Nigerian believe in one Nigeria. Forget the lip paint, every tribe believe that the other tribe is the enemy.

Oil is the only thing that keeps us together at the moment, not Love, not patriotism. Unfortunately, oil is not a human character.

2 Likes

Re: Going To The West To Beg As Victims Can't Solve Our Problems - Okonji-Iweala by Nobody: 1:00pm On Dec 08, 2015
cyberguy72:
Probe Amaechi first

And who is that?

Was he s high level official of the recent past thieving government?

If not that we can't prove them all. We want the ring leaders to be tarred and feathered.
Re: Going To The West To Beg As Victims Can't Solve Our Problems - Okonji-Iweala by holarbihsz: 1:02pm On Dec 08, 2015
Imagine ds woman!!! Wetin her brain dey tink duri tu admin......madam gele
Re: Going To The West To Beg As Victims Can't Solve Our Problems - Okonji-Iweala by saintfederic: 1:06pm On Dec 08, 2015
seunmsg:
Before she offers any advice that she couldn't implement for 5 years as coordinating minister of the economy, she should kindly explain how $2.1billion meant for arms purchase was frittered away under her watch.
I don't see you asking sanusi lamido sanusi about the one that went missing under him instead you ll join to clap for him. if this govt have anything against her by all means let them persecute her
Re: Going To The West To Beg As Victims Can't Solve Our Problems - Okonji-Iweala by Uricas(m): 1:17pm On Dec 08, 2015
ZUBY77:

You can go ahead and crown yourself reasonable if that makes you feel good.

lol. No qualms bro
Re: Going To The West To Beg As Victims Can't Solve Our Problems - Okonji-Iweala by NigLasPresident: 1:20pm On Dec 08, 2015
ZUBY77:

Being a coordinating minister doesn't mean one can dictate to every other ministry. As a matter of fact, there is nothing like a coordinating minister in our Constitution. Smart people like Emir Sanusi, who was the CBN governor then, who also happens to be a northerner, a Muslim and almost a visible enemy of the administration of Jonathan, would not listen to the Southern, Christian, female, Okonjo Iweala as long as she wasn't the President elect.
Now that's the case with many ministers. NOI sat on many loans requested by the Ministers and governors. She didn't allow them access the loans because she didn't believe in what they wanted to do with it.

A minister would show up and say he wants to do something with 10Billion. Yet he won't provide a break down of how he is going to use the money. The same with the governors.

That's why I said early that it will only take Patriots who believe in one Nigeria to help this country. Unfortunately, no Nigerian believe in one Nigeria. Forget the lip paint, every tribe believe that the other tribe is the enemy.

Oil is the only thing that keeps us together at the moment, not Love, not patriotism. Unfortunately, oil is not a human character.

hmmm... I think you made sense there
Re: Going To The West To Beg As Victims Can't Solve Our Problems - Okonji-Iweala by Uricas(m): 1:21pm On Dec 08, 2015
LordAdam:

Peugeot, Nissan, Hyundai, just rolled off new brands from their assembly plants. Toyota, Mercedes, Honda, Ford register interest to set up plants.

For the first time in Nigeria, we were self-sufficient on rice, with million dollar rice Mills set up. This was the hallmark of the agricultural revolution.

Revitalizing the moribund rail sector.

Should I continue?

-Lord
this guy is laughable sha. Self sufficient on what? Say only what you know Mr Lord.
Re: Going To The West To Beg As Victims Can't Solve Our Problems - Okonji-Iweala by saintfederic: 1:22pm On Dec 08, 2015
APC e warriors have a new anthem..."the PDP destroyed Nigeria in 16yrs" "they looted our common wealth" even though many of them were part of that 16yrs.. calling the past govt thieving is not an excuse for the failures of the present govt. NOI has given her piece of advice and this woman is more world acclaimed and respected even more than PMB. her integrity is intact and nothing APC can do about it. the woman is so sought after by the whole world and you saying she is a thief. 7months and they still crying they should better get to work cause things are getting tighter.the fight against corruption should have stated yielding results and still nothing
Re: Going To The West To Beg As Victims Can't Solve Our Problems - Okonji-Iweala by globatop: 1:24pm On Dec 08, 2015
What's the essence of NOI world accolades if she works against ethics of her profession while coordinator of Nigeria economy, most of these world experts are only representing their slave master in their respective Countries.
We should rather rely on local expects. NOI WAS A FAILURE BACK HOME.
Re: Going To The West To Beg As Victims Can't Solve Our Problems - Okonji-Iweala by saintfederic: 1:29pm On Dec 08, 2015
QatarPlayboy:
Madam Okonjo. Dnt worry, keep advicing what u cudnt do in 10yrs as minister in 2 diff administrations. my boss OSHIOMOLE is on his way for u again. and i promise he is going to remind u you shudnt 4get u were a minister and how come u cudnt do what u re nw preaching.
you call those of us supporting noi corrupt but you call a man who blamed his inability to be proactive and construct road in seven years on rainfall your boss...hmmmmmm

1 Like

Re: Going To The West To Beg As Victims Can't Solve Our Problems - Okonji-Iweala by saintfederic: 1:35pm On Dec 08, 2015
globatop:
What's the essence of NOI world accolades if she works against ethics of her profession while coordinator of Nigeria economy, most of these world experts are only representing their slave master in their respective Countries.
she was but even Jesus Christ wasn't respected at home
Re: Going To The West To Beg As Victims Can't Solve Our Problems - Okonji-Iweala by LordAdam: 1:36pm On Dec 08, 2015
Uricas:
this guy is laughable sha. Self sufficient on what? Say only what you know Mr Lord.

Why not you post facts, mate? I'm beginning to think replying you is a waste of my data.

There was a ban on rice and the rice produced in the country was sufficient although there was still smuggling. Importation of rice resumed last month under PMB.

Come, I will give you sense for free. Don't quote me again if you do not have anything meaningful to say.

-Lord
Re: Going To The West To Beg As Victims Can't Solve Our Problems - Okonji-Iweala by jideflows(m): 1:40pm On Dec 08, 2015
hinwazaka:
This is what a finance minister sounds like not Kemi, who is talking like a college dropout. I guess there is a huge difference between studying at Harvard and studying at East London. Imagine she has just a BSC and a post graduate diploma, not even a doctorate. What a joke
When she was a minister what did she do?? She was busy carrying out IMF's wicked plan jst for her to get elevated. . Make she shut up her mouth.. we re suffering from what she caused... talk is cheap
Re: Going To The West To Beg As Victims Can't Solve Our Problems - Okonji-Iweala by carboblanko(m): 1:44pm On Dec 08, 2015
hinwazaka:
Yes. A Harvard Alumni who failed to notice that $2.1Bn was siphoned right under her nose.
Re: Going To The West To Beg As Victims Can't Solve Our Problems - Okonji-Iweala by Eziachi: 1:45pm On Dec 08, 2015
Oh deary me! Funny how they always have good ideas and best solutions when they are out of power and lack of it when they are in authority?
Ngozi my sister, tell me more please. I have always believed that any third world economy minister of finance who gets awards or jobs from the likes of IMF, World Bank , ADB must have done their nations a terrible service.
Re: Going To The West To Beg As Victims Can't Solve Our Problems - Okonji-Iweala by Eziachi: 1:48pm On Dec 08, 2015
saintfederic:
APC e warriors have a new anthem..."the PDP destroyed Nigeria in 16yrs" "they looted our common wealth" even though many of them were part of that 16yrs.. calling the past govt thieving is not an excuse for the failures of the present govt. NOI has given her piece of advice and this woman is more world acclaimed and respected even more than PMB. her integrity is intact and nothing APC can do about it. the woman is so sought after by the whole world and you saying she is a thief. 7months and they still crying they should better get to work cause things are getting tighter.the fight against corruption should have stated yielding results and still nothing
That anthem is 1000% right and accurate. If you dare disagree, you are either mentally deaf and blind or you are one of them.
Re: Going To The West To Beg As Victims Can't Solve Our Problems - Okonji-Iweala by Nobody: 1:51pm On Dec 08, 2015
saintfederic:
you call those of us supporting noi corrupt but you call a man who blamed his inability to be proactive and construct road in seven years on rainfall your boss...hmmmmmm
Mr shut up ur mouth and stop talking trash. live ur life on fake news u read on nairaland. oshiomole has constructed up to 50 diff roads in his 7years as gov. dats road alone. example of such roads is d one were d just concluded BIKE RACE(dis year was d 3rd edition nd its done yearly) in Urhonigbe, Edo South was held nd another is were d yearly OKPEKPE MARATHON in okpekpe, Edo North is also held. pls say wat u knw,..ok? U can google the 2 events if u havent held abt them. I Wud mention u all the roads wit evidence in all 3 senatorial districts of Edo State if u want me to,..ok?
Re: Going To The West To Beg As Victims Can't Solve Our Problems - Okonji-Iweala by mandhi(m): 1:53pm On Dec 08, 2015
Earthkumy:

www.signalng.com/going-to-the-west-to-beg-as-victims-cant-solve-nigerias-power-problems-okonjo-iweala/
The funny thing about above is no one cared to ask NOI, why she never advice GEJ on that. To invite the private sector into the rail contract sign with Chinese gov't, invite private sector on off grid power initiative and all others. Maybe, just maybe it would have made a difference for GEJ.
Re: Going To The West To Beg As Victims Can't Solve Our Problems - Okonji-Iweala by NigLasPresident: 2:07pm On Dec 08, 2015
globatop:
Hmmm so there is a slave master out there? But I thought the present president has been touring the world to appease the slave masters you say are out there or is the president elect to head a great nation ignorant of your theories? So what are you insinuating now about our president and the current situation of doing things differently from past administrations?
Re: Going To The West To Beg As Victims Can't Solve Our Problems - Okonji-Iweala by preetyb(f): 2:17pm On Dec 08, 2015
Re: Going To The West To Beg As Victims Can't Solve Our Problems - Okonji-Iweala by saintfederic: 2:21pm On Dec 08, 2015
QatarPlayboy:

Mr shut up ur mouth and stop talking trash. live ur life on fake news u read on nairaland. oshiomole has constructed up to 50 diff roads in his 7years as gov. dats road alone. example of such roads is d one were d just concluded BIKE RACE(dis year was d 3rd edition nd its done yearly) in Urhonigbe, Edo South was held nd another is were d yearly OKPEKPE MARATHON in okpekpe, Edo North is also held. pls say wat u knw,..ok? U can google the 2 events if u havent held abt them. I Wud mention u all the roads wit evidence in all 3 senatorial districts of Edo State if u want me to,..ok?
first of no need for insults and he said it in the town hall meeting he organized to give account. he only dualised halfway the fugar road and he left the road to agenegbode to be eaten by erosion very soon ppl won't be able to pass and lets not Even Begin to talk about the stricks in edo state
Re: Going To The West To Beg As Victims Can't Solve Our Problems - Okonji-Iweala by preetyb(f): 2:22pm On Dec 08, 2015
SLIDEwaxie:
dnt mind that idiot. Jonathan was busy asking for help from the US, India, China and Isreal...

I dnt knw how a country sits within herself and solve her own problems without foreign help - either small or great.

ask North Korea...
But your oga once said its a shame for a country like nigeria to be asking for help from other countries during the previous administration. Abi you don forget? Hypocrite!
Re: Going To The West To Beg As Victims Can't Solve Our Problems - Okonji-Iweala by saintfederic: 2:24pm On Dec 08, 2015
Eziachi:
That anthem is 1000% right and accurate. If you dare disagree, you are either mentally deaf and blind or you are one of them.
its beyond foolishness to say that because the same ppl are still there to loot and I know you thinking buhari can stop it but we both know he is not that smart to even catch them
Re: Going To The West To Beg As Victims Can't Solve Our Problems - Okonji-Iweala by initiate: 2:27pm On Dec 08, 2015
NigLasPresident:

But I thought she got a great job in a great position in an International organization. If she was irrelevant they wouldn't have jumped on her immediately after leaving office. Or are the Americans we run to for help now dumb to fight over her to come work with them?

she got the job cos she ensured Nigeria totally depended on the west tru her tenure. some other countries embraced china and they are better for it. some developed homegrown solutions and are better for it also. but noi kept Nigeria as a lab for west developed experiments and we have nothing to show for it. what is her legacy? absolutely nothing. as the most powerful minister whom even Jonathan deferred to, she had all it would have taken to restructure the economy. but what did she do?
Re: Going To The West To Beg As Victims Can't Solve Our Problems - Okonji-Iweala by preetyb(f): 2:28pm On Dec 08, 2015
keally:
. Because you were ignorant and partly bc that administration did not blow it's trumpet, they never talked about or showcase their work until people began to believe APC's lie that they did nothing in 5years. Some communities near Abuja actually celebrated ONE YEAR OF UNINTERRUPTED POWER SUPPLY under that regime using the off-grid solution, Solar eletric. Again, you don't need to believe, Ngozi is not a local champion, she is a WORLD CLASS ECONOMIC MANAGER. She is an INTERNATIONALLY ACCLAIMED ECONOMIST. We said it but you guys preferred to believe propaganda instead of the truth. The economic downturn was not peculiar to Nigeria but a global problem occasioned by the falling prices of crude oil in the international market, you guys said it was GEJ's problem. She used her acumen and expertise to steer the ship of the economy out of imminent austerity but you guys critiscized and villified her. Now the truth is coming out. With all the noise, boasting, promises or rather SELF-DECEPTION APC cannot and does not have anyone to successfully manage the economy at this auspicious time. The dollar will soon hit. N300. The hardship is just beginning. Cheers
Tell them!!
Re: Going To The West To Beg As Victims Can't Solve Our Problems - Okonji-Iweala by mickey45: 3:14pm On Dec 08, 2015
dokiOloye:
chaii,I come remember Fela's song.
"I never hear dat b4,na Nigerian govt ooo(Buhari),na dem talk be that ooo,my ppl r useless,my ppl r senseless,my ppl r indiscipline.
Na wc kin talk be that ooo,na animal talk be that ooo.

You're quite ancient! Thanks for bringing this up.
They told them all that leopards hardly change their skin, they said even he's showed cleaning out CBN they'd vote for him.
See how right the dead Fela is still.

This is not to say the man isn't trying, but as things stand, he's just leaning the ropes again and I promise you he'd spend the next two to three years doing so. They're still coming to terms with extant realities, yet Nigerians' expectations are high.
Re: Going To The West To Beg As Victims Can't Solve Our Problems - Okonji-Iweala by bayinq25(m): 3:25pm On Dec 08, 2015
NigLasPresident:

But I thought she got a great job in a great position in an International organization. If she was irrelevant they wouldn't have jumped on her immediately after leaving office. Or are the Americans we run to for help now dumb to fight over her to come work with them?
she was picked based on qualifications,people with qualifications also steal
Re: Going To The West To Beg As Victims Can't Solve Our Problems - Okonji-Iweala by sweetgala(m): 4:03pm On Dec 08, 2015
ZUBY77:

All you have managed to do is make excuses as to why what was required was not done, shone the light on the fact that NOI herself was not a patriot as neither her boss was able to assmeble a team of cohesive people who wanted to move the country forward nor was she able to advice him adequately as a senior respected member of the government and she through the period of 4yrs 9mnths continued to deceive the Nigerian people as to what process was being made.

You managed to also include an inconsequential peice of information which I would now use to affirm my earlier stated opinions, Sanusi contesting the corruption, rot in the GEJ government was not because he was Northern but rather because he was a patriot
Re: Going To The West To Beg As Victims Can't Solve Our Problems - Okonji-Iweala by onoja12: 4:03pm On Dec 08, 2015
iNTERESTING,YOU JUST LEFT THERE,WHEN YOU WERE THERE WHY DIDN'T YOU RECOMMEND IT TO GEJ

Earthkumy:

www.signalng.com/going-to-the-west-to-beg-as-victims-cant-solve-nigerias-power-problems-okonjo-iweala/
Re: Going To The West To Beg As Victims Can't Solve Our Problems - Okonji-Iweala by iyobosadavid: 4:06pm On Dec 08, 2015
kernel504:
Jonathan was Clueless, but Buhari is "The Confused One".
you are typical He goat

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigerian Soldier Who Was Shot By Boko Haram While Fighting Recovers. Photos / We’re Not Part Of Ipob’s Sit-home Order To Mark Biafra Day – Anglican Clerics / Deborah Ighiwiyisi Agbonayinma Worked In Pencom With Fake Degrees

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.