Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,749 members, 7,820,586 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:38 PM

Am Undergraduate And Wanna Marry. Parents Say NO!! Pls Advice - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Am Undergraduate And Wanna Marry. Parents Say NO!! Pls Advice (8190 Views)

Sometimes What Parents Say Hurts Alot / Help! My Wife Wanna Leave Me / Unhappy In Marriage, Pls Advice! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Am Undergraduate And Wanna Marry. Parents Say NO!! Pls Advice by Miami11: 9:33pm On Dec 20, 2015
This is how you Nigerian women rush into marriage. Couple of years down the line, you begin to disturb our ears in the Nairaland family section about how the husband cheats on you, beats you, blah-blah-blah. A man who truly loves you will be considerate and wait for you to at least finish school. What's the rush? By the time you hit 50 years, he must have found himself another 21 year old lady with a tight vargina after your own vargina has slacked due to child bearing and years upon years of sex. Focus on your education because if the man were to change in attitude like the weather, you will be stuck in the union because you have no degree yet, probably no job and no income of your own. When he starts giving you slaps, don't come here asking us on what you should do about a situation that you decided to get yourself into.
Re: Am Undergraduate And Wanna Marry. Parents Say NO!! Pls Advice by Miami11: 9:38pm On Dec 20, 2015
Poster I just decided to quote some posts for you

I know a lady who got married in school while studying law. She finished in 2008 after spending 10 years in ABU. She has not attended law school till today. The risk is too high to marry while in school. It would have been ok if you both agree not to make any baby till you finish but that's not in our character in this environment. The husband family may skin you alive!
Think very well and don't compare yourself with those who said they did the same while in school. In any case, the final decision rests with you so its up to you.
1 Like
Re: Am Undergraduate And Wanna Marry. Parents Say NO!! Pls Advice by Miami11: 9:46pm On Dec 20, 2015
If your course of study is a 4 year course, wait till the end of your 3rd year, that way you will have stabilised academically, work hard now and create a buffer for a possible dip in grades in your final year. Most final year academic work tend to be less strenuous, apart from research projects.
Re: Am Undergraduate And Wanna Marry. Parents Say NO!! Pls Advice by byvan03: 11:31am On Dec 21, 2015
bukatyne:

True

Noted grin

How are you and family? How is Christmas preparation going?

Preparation is going well, in a few days time it will be over and reality will stare everyone in the face. Let me enjoy the holiday while it lasts, am giving my TV a run for its worth cheesy.
Re: Am Undergraduate And Wanna Marry. Parents Say NO!! Pls Advice by bukatyne(f): 2:12pm On Dec 21, 2015
byvan03:

Preparation is going well, in a few days time it will be over and reality will stare everyone in the face. Let me enjoy the holiday while it lasts, am giving my TV a run for its worth cheesy.

Lols

I know that feeling wink

Enjoy while it lasts tongue

1 Like

Re: Am Undergraduate And Wanna Marry. Parents Say NO!! Pls Advice by prissyluv(f): 11:00pm On Dec 21, 2015
Maimi11,this your repeated 'if a guy truly loves you he will wait for you' is seriously turning my stomach.

I am not against the guy waiting if he wants to but if he decides to move on believing he cant wait that long for her to finish school,it does not imply in any way that he never truly loved her.

3 Likes

Re: Am Undergraduate And Wanna Marry. Parents Say NO!! Pls Advice by sauceTDA(m): 7:05pm On Dec 23, 2015
U nor get sense.
Re: Am Undergraduate And Wanna Marry. Parents Say NO!! Pls Advice by godofwar666(m): 1:42pm On Jan 17, 2016
Essence4:
Please people dont make marriage seem like its war war war!!! ...There are still good times in it and there are many successful marriages as well.. Its all about your mindset,tolerance,patience and maturity amongst others and not age...age is just a number. I have met older ladies whose behaviours are child-like and also young ladies who have good sense of reasoning as well and vice versa... Its not all about age please ..dont make been 21seem like 12. The op is intelligent,knows what she wants,has plans/goals as well.. Yh it might not be exactly the way she n her man has planned it out,at first but things will fall into place so long they are sure about it and with God on their side as well. Am 21+,though not married, am an ONDholder and i have a little business i do to keep myself busy and earn money and if marriage comes now,why not? what are we waiting for? so long we are guided properly in our decisions and with the right mind ...i dont see anything like war in it and am glad my parents dont object neither do they pressure.... I've got 2cousins who got married at 21 and 20 and they re doing well... one is in her 3rd yr now and the other about going for direct entry and has a baby also. while another being 34 or so with a good education and a good job still hanging there,waiting impatiently.. So please you dont need to be a millionaire or have an Msc before you settle down..dont make marriage seem like hell please be optimistic. There are so many marriages that have worked and yours can be counted as one too only if you take the right decisions and be guided properly..it cant be all perfect but you can make it work...fall in love and take your brains along side... I wish the op @Romance007 all the best in what ever decision she takes... and i really do appreciate the comments from GbogeyaD godofwar666 hayzed1090 Maruf05 ayoi GHoJels Prissyluv Massali quindebbie jaydelyn007 donpata and byvan03 .... bless
you've said it all, so sorry that this is coming late from me..

1 Like

Re: Am Undergraduate And Wanna Marry. Parents Say NO!! Pls Advice by bukatyne(f): 6:49pm On Aug 05, 2018
romance007:
Pls only matured advice.
Am young (21yrs) undergraduate. I currently have an NCE. I met this guy about 2yrs ago and am deeply in love with him. I believe strongly that he loves me too. We are both from Plateau State with diff tribe but that's never an issue. We share similar values and have spoken alot about getting married and how our home should be. Both of us are devout Christians. He has a HND and is already gainfully employed and thus ready to settle down. He's 29. I dont mind marrying him right away too cos ive studied him and i believe he will make a good husband.

Issue is after obtaining my NCE, I started off a five year lab course at Unijos and am just in my 1st year. While he is willing to wait till i enter my 2nd year or possibly finish 2nd year (abt 1.5yrs from now), my parents think differently. My parents dont want to hear me talk about marriage as they want me to finish school and get a job before settling down. My dad is worst as he believes i should only have a boyfriend after i graduate angry lipsrsealed. I know they say love is patient but of cos that's y he is willing to wait till my 2nd year. We plan on delaying childbirth until we are properly settled in the marriage and feel a child could be managed. I cant imagine keeping him for 5-6 years; that's crazy. I myself cant bear not being with him for that long.
Pls has anyone come across such experience? How do you think i should handle this? It's killing me ohh!! pls advice this young lady maturely abeg. Thks

How far?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Can A Man "RAPE" His Wife? / Why Mothers Should Be More Honoured And Respected Than Fathers. / Should I Give In ???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.