Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,436 members, 7,823,014 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:27 PM

Blueprint 3 - Album Of The Year?? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Blueprint 3 - Album Of The Year?? (8976 Views)

Ife Wa Gbona By Tiwa Savage(Best Album of the Year) / Album Of The Year "asa" Download Here / Got The Full Album Of 2face Idibia (grass 2 Grace)! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Go Down)

Blueprint 3 - Album Of The Year?? by eldee(m): 7:04pm On Jun 01, 2009
I seriously do not care if Jay-Z delays the release of this album till year 3008, these tracks will definitely define the place hiphop holds in pop culture.

Confirmed tracks include:

Jocking Jay-Z ft Kanye West
History
Brooklyn ft Santagold
Swagger Like Us

I'm still trying to imagine what an album with these four songs, but apparently, I'll have to wait till this September.
It's easy to know why Hov would make this kind of album at his prime, he says it himself in History

I wanna be remembered long after u breathe
Long after I'm gone long after I breathe
I leave all I am in the hands of history
That’s my last will testimony
This is much more than a song its a baby shower
I been waiting for this hour history ur ours
Re: Blueprint 3 - Album Of The Year?? by obinna5000(m): 7:29pm On Jun 01, 2009
eldee:

I seriously do not care if Jay-Z delays the release of this album till year 3008

I don't know why some artistes delay or change release dates for their albums. Especially Dr. Dre that has been delaying Detox since 2005.

History and Brooklyn Go Hard are the tracks I like so far from the upcoming album Blueprint 3.
Re: Blueprint 3 - Album Of The Year?? by eldee(m): 7:52pm On Jun 01, 2009
obinna5000:

I don't know why some artistes delay or change release dates for their albums. Especially Dr. Dre that has been delaying Detox since 2005.

History and Brooklyn Go Hard are the tracks I like so far from the upcoming album Blueprint 3.

I know, the most annoying part with Blueprint 3 is one of the songs is a classic diss reply, Swagga Like Us has won a Grammy and History has been performed at The President's ball . . . come on
How long do we have to wait to get the whole thing??

History is so deep . . . it's 200 times more creative than Nas's verse on My President is Black
Re: Blueprint 3 - Album Of The Year?? by Sauron1: 9:34pm On Jun 01, 2009
eldee:

I seriously do not care if Jay-Z delays the release of this album till year 3008, these tracks will definitely define the place hiphop holds in pop culture.

History
Brooklyn ft Santagold
Swagger Like Us

I'm still trying to imagine what an album with these four songs, but apparently, I'll have to wait till this September.
It's easy to know why Hov would make this kind of album at his prime, he says it himself in History

I will eat myself if this album sells 200,000 copies in it's first week.
Jay-Z?? How relevant is Jigga these days in the rap industry?
Re: Blueprint 3 - Album Of The Year?? by MrCrackles(m): 9:36pm On Jun 01, 2009
~Sauron~:

I will eat myself if this album sells 200,000 copies in it's first week.

Jay-Z?? How relevant is Jigga these days in the rap industry?

You know that is not possible Sauron, dont be silly! grin
Re: Blueprint 3 - Album Of The Year?? by Sauron1: 9:43pm On Jun 01, 2009
MrCrackles:

You know that is not possible [b]Sauron
, dont be silly! grin

Seriously, Jigga needs to retire.
I am tired of him biting from Biggie and Eminem. grin grin grin grin
Re: Blueprint 3 - Album Of The Year?? by eldee(m): 10:24pm On Jun 01, 2009
~Sauron~:

Seriously, Jigga needs to retire.
I am tired of him biting from Biggie and Eminem. grin grin grin grin
Lol . . . joker
Why did Eminem come back?? To suck Bruno's ass?? tongue tongue

Thoe four songs I listed are better than the whole Relapse album put together.

Jay-Z retire?? Dude makes more money from rock shows than Eminem makes talking bout Miley Cyrus grin grin
Re: Blueprint 3 - Album Of The Year?? by dawhizkid1(m): 11:38pm On Jun 01, 2009
@eldee
Personally, i think 'History' is a good song,maybe betta than Nas on 'My President is Black',i don't care.
IMO Apart from History, the rest song Sucks! Swagga like us na be the one wey dey vex me pass. C'mon Jigga's beta than that.
I don't knw if he's bitin Eminem,i can't tel but most def Jigga bites from Big Pop.n saying those songs r better than RELAPSE,i see pure hate. Those songs can't stand toe to toe wit Deja vu or Beautiful.as Deep as Jay's History is,its no way near Em's Underground.-Nor Go there at all. - My Opinion.
Re: Blueprint 3 - Album Of The Year?? by eldee(m): 12:06am On Jun 02, 2009
da-whizkid:

@eldee
Personally, i think 'History' is a good song,maybe betta than Nas on 'My President is Black',i don't care.
IMO Apart from History, the rest song Sucks! Swagga like us na be the one wey dey vex me pass. C'mon Jigga's beta than that.
I don't knw if he's bitin Eminem,i can't tel but most def Jigga bites from Big Pop.n saying those songs r better than RELAPSE,i see pure hate. Those songs can't stand toe to toe wit Deja vu or Beautiful.as Deep as Jay's History is,its no way near Em's Underground.-Nor Go there at all. - My Opinion.
Underground?? Not even Old Time's Sake, Underground?? Damn, are you Borat in diguise, u're cracking me up. . . grin grin
Tell me you're not being serious . . .

History Vs a '36 year old' talking bout drinking sumone's bath water and Miley Cyrus' bum??
You are definitely having a laugh . . . Hope you know Swagga Like Us won a Grammy??

Eminem has become this weird attention seeker. . . I still believe he shoulda stayed away
Re: Blueprint 3 - Album Of The Year?? by chiogo(f): 12:32am On Jun 02, 2009
Yes, Blueprint 3 is taking too long to be released. . .not like I can't get the songs anyway, lmao.

eldee:

History
Brooklyn ft Santagold
Swagger Like Us

I've only listened to 'Jocking Jay-z' (pretty short if you ask me or is it just me?) and Swagga like us, I thought that was T.I's song. Anywayz, I loved Jigga's part, know the lyrics by heart. lipsrsealed

eldee:

Lol . . . joker
Now that was funny!!!  cheesy
Re: Blueprint 3 - Album Of The Year?? by A40(m): 12:58am On Jun 02, 2009
Blueprint 3 - Album of the Year??
No doubt!! After 13years and 11 multiplatinum selling albums its HD clear that Hov still has it how he keeps puttin out classics has to be the eighth wonder

@eldee
The album should be out September i think it has classic written all over it i can't wait to see the other listed tracks
History was something else so much for peeps that say he is not deep compared to a recluse like EM who should have headed for a 12 step program and save our eardrums the agony with his mediocre effort

@Sauron
200,000 copies? Permit me to be the chief cook of your carcass.
Its a no-brainer that Jigga's albums are usually the most anticipated in a hiphop calendar year i would make a modest estimate of at least 600,000 copies in the first week
Biting Eminem? I laugh in Guatemalan what's there to bite Kim Kardashian's butt size,Miley Cyrus's new boyfriend or his pathetic lust for Mariah Carey
Eminem is done jare
Re: Blueprint 3 - Album Of The Year?? by eldee(m): 1:26am On Jun 02, 2009
chiogo:

Yes, Blueprint 3 is taking too long to be released. . .not like I can't get the songs anyway, lmao.
I've only listened to 'Jocking Jay-z' (pretty short if you ask me or is it just me?) and Swagga like us, I thought that was T.I's song. Anywayz, I loved Jigga's part, know the lyrics by heart. lipsrsealed
History is like a fusion of Nas and Notorious B.I.G
Metaphorical masterpiece?? . . . I'm thinking more in the line of Hiphop's next landmark.

About Success:
Now success was like lust shes good to the touch
Shes good for the moment but shes never enough, she's nothing like victory

@A-40
This is Jay-Z working hard to give something back to hiphop
No more 'I'm a hustler disguised as a rapper' . . . he's trying to engrave his name in hiphop history
I remember 'half orphan, Mama never had an abortion, Papa sorta did' . . . I'm thinking, this is genius disguised as 150 million a year earning rapper

He's flirted with defeat, had success, made love with victory . . . he's decided to make history cheesy cheesy
Re: Blueprint 3 - Album Of The Year?? by Sauron1: 2:00am On Jun 02, 2009
eldee:

Lol . . . joker

Eminem came back to give RAP music mouth to mouth.
With garbage albums from Lil Wayne, Jay-Z, Souljah Boy polluting the industry, Eminem had to come back and save RAP music.
He murdered SoundScan with "Relapse". Officially, Eminem is the highest selling rapper in this decade.
Eminem is the best rapper ALIVE. grin

Those four songs I listed are better than the whole Relapse album put together.

There's no Jigga song in history better than "Insane" and "Underground"
Blimey. . . . . ."Underground" is the best rap song this decade. Feel the lyrics, the wordplay, the intensity in the delivery.
1000 Jay-Zs couldn't have made "Underground". When Jigga gets tired of talking about bubbly, watches and money, get back to me.

Jay-Z retire?? Dude makes more money from rock shows than Eminem makes talking bout Miley Cyrus grin grin

Eminem came into the rap scene 3 years AFTER Jigga.
He has sold more albums than Jigga can ever sell.
Eminem >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Jay-Z.

Jigga biting Eminem on "Success"

I used to give a Bleep,
Now I give a Bleep less.
What do I think of success?
It sucks - too much stress.
I guess I blew up quick.

These same lines were used in Eminem's "I'm back"(Marshall Mathers LP---2000).
Jigga should stop BITING Eminem. grin grin grin grin
Re: Blueprint 3 - Album Of The Year?? by blacksoj: 8:28am On Jun 02, 2009
All those songs mentioned in the earlier posts wont even make blueprint 3, This is the tracklist for blueprint 3

01 Wake Up New York (Intro)
02 Most Kings
03 Hades (Lucifer Pt II)
04 Eternal Jewels (ft Jay Electronica) [prod by Jay Electronica]
05 Blueprint 3
06 Lucy (ft Chris Martin)
07 The Audacity of Dope
08 SLU Pt 2 (ft Nas, Andre 3000, and Young Jeezy)
09 Election Night (We believe in Obama)
10 Just Memories
11 Apostate (ft Eminem) [prod by Eminem]
12 Oasis
13 My Brothers Keeper (ft Scarface)
14 Brooklyn Lost
15 Weeds & Concrete
16 Without Rain

I personally feel it would be classic cus of the long time it is taking before release, lol
Re: Blueprint 3 - Album Of The Year?? by Bamsyle(m): 10:14am On Jun 02, 2009
Not a valid list . . . only the tracks "Jockin' Jay-Z", "Swagga Like Us, and "History" have been confirmed - by JayZ himself . . . the rest are still in the realm of speculations.
Re: Blueprint 3 - Album Of The Year?? by Ibime(m): 10:50am On Jun 02, 2009
eldee:

Whats so special about these lines?. . . . my friend, stop Jocking Jay-Z. . . . Jigga has officially lost it. . . .ever since that American Gangster nonsense. . . . he better come hard this time. . .
Re: Blueprint 3 - Album Of The Year?? by obinna5000(m): 1:49pm On Jun 02, 2009
blacksoj:

All those songs mentioned in the earlier posts wont even make blueprint 3, This is the tracklist for blueprint 3

01 Wake Up New York (Intro)
02 Most Kings
03 Hades (Lucifer Pt II)
04 Eternal Jewels (ft Jay Electronica) [prod by Jay Electronica]
05 Blueprint 3
06 Lucy (ft Chris Martin)
07 The Audacity of Dope
08 SLU Pt 2 (ft Nas, Andre 3000, and Young Jeezy)
09 Election Night (We believe in Obama)
10 Just Memories
11 Apostate (ft Eminem) [prod by Eminem]
12 Oasis
13 My Brothers Keeper (ft Scarface)
14 Brooklyn Lost
15 Weeds & Concrete
16 Without Rain

I personally feel it would be classic cus of the long time it is taking before release, lol

This tracklist is not official. It has not even been confirmed in Jigga's site or Wikipedia as the official tracklist.
Re: Blueprint 3 - Album Of The Year?? by A40(m): 6:10pm On Jun 02, 2009
@Ibime
Stop yarning opaks American Gangster was easily the best rap album of 07 he has what most rappers lack. . .CONSISTENCY that album was eclectic you'd need to be functioning on a higher mental wavelength to understand the album

@eldee
History was deep and soulful the story telling and wordplay reminded me of Beach Chair he just has that sixth gear other rappers
@blacksoj
Jigga is very secretive about his track listings i knew that on Black Album but you have a cool list i have heard about Hades and Haters feat Kanye West the track i am itching to hear is the one with Scarface those guys have mad chemistry
Re: Blueprint 3 - Album Of The Year?? by Sauron1: 6:32pm On Jun 02, 2009
Ibime:

Whats so special about these lines?. . . . my friend, stop Jocking Jay-Z. . . . Jigga has officially lost it. . . .ever since that American Gangster nonsense. . . . he better come hard this time. . .

I wonder o. . . . . .
Those lyrics were too basic.
If i smoke a pound of cess a day, i would come up with a better rhyme pattern than Jigga.
Someone said American Gangster was the best album in 2007. How many dope albums were released that year?
As poor as that year was in the rap industry, Kanye West's "Graduation" still whupped Jigga's American Gangster.

Jay-Z should retire. He is like Roger Milla trying to play for Chelsea in 2009. grin grin grin
Re: Blueprint 3 - Album Of The Year?? by A40(m): 6:39pm On Jun 02, 2009
@Sauron
That was an intro to a verse many rappers do that! you sound like EM didn't nibble on Jigga on "Lets get down to Business" on Eminem Show
You need to also stop this sales thingy if we wanted to rate rappers based on sales the likes of Nas,Rakim,Big Pun would be colossal failures not to talk of your darling Canibus besides all 10 of Jigga's albums have gone platinum and multiplatinum not to talk of the fact that he has dropped eight straight chart topping albums make that nine cos Blueprint 3 is also going straight to Number 1 only the Beatles and other greats hold such record

Hov >>>>> Eminem
Re: Blueprint 3 - Album Of The Year?? by Sauron1: 6:40pm On Jun 02, 2009
A-40:

Hov>>>>> Eminem

One word: RENEGADE!!!! grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Blueprint 3 - Album Of The Year?? by A40(m): 7:21pm On Jun 02, 2009
Your analogy is kinda flawed we can also say Rick Ross is better than Nas since he floored him on Usual Suspects
Fabregas killed Vieira when they faced off in 06 we can say Fab was better as well.It was a one-off get over it!!
Haterade is bad for your body American Gangster got 4stars on Rolling Stone it was a classic
Re: Blueprint 3 - Album Of The Year?? by Sauron1: 7:38pm On Jun 02, 2009
A-40:

Your analogy is kinda flawed we can also say Rick Ross is better than Nas since he floored him on Usual Suspects

Is he not? Forget the legendary status of Nas and Jigga these days.
I am sure you still think Mohammed Ali and Joe Fraizer will beat Floyd Mayweather in the boxing ring.
They should retire and spare us their moronic prattle.

Fabregas killed Vieira when they faced off in 06 we can say Fab was better as well.It was a one-off get over it!!

Is Vieira still relevant in the football world these days.
Have u forgotten how Carrick was running circles round Vieira in February.
That these peops were good 10 years ago does not mean they will be good forever.
People lose their mojo with age. Get over it.

Haterade is bad for your body American Gangster got 4stars on Rolling Stone it was a classic.

American Gangster?
In the same year of Mims, Souljah Boy, T-Pain and the Stanky Leg boys, Jigga's 4-star was expected
Re: Blueprint 3 - Album Of The Year?? by Bamsyle(m): 7:55pm On Jun 02, 2009
~Sauron~:

Is he not? Forget the legendary status of Nas and Jigga these days.
I am sure you still think Mohammed Ali and Joe Fraizer will beat Floyd Mayweather in the boxing ring.
They should retire and spare us their moronic prattle.

You've got to have an undiscovered talent in comedy . . .

I want to believe you said that in haste . . . or you didn't even say it at all . . . tell me that was just you being overtly sarcastic!!!
Re: Blueprint 3 - Album Of The Year?? by Sauron1: 7:59pm On Jun 02, 2009
Bamsyle:

I want to believe you said that in haste . . . or you didn't even say it at all . . . tell me that was just you being overtly sarcastic!!!

Just getting under A-40's skin.
He loves Jay-Z too much and it annoys me. grin grin grin grin
Re: Blueprint 3 - Album Of The Year?? by Bamsyle(m): 8:06pm On Jun 02, 2009
Aiight . . . I know A-40's more exposed to Jay-Z's music than I am so I can't even comment on this one . . . debate's open-ended . . . and I'm learning a thing or two.
Re: Blueprint 3 - Album Of The Year?? by Sauron1: 8:11pm On Jun 02, 2009
Bamsyle:

Aiight . . . I know A-40's more exposed to Jay-Z's music than I am so I can't even comment on this one . . . debate's open-ended . . . and I'm learning a thing or two.

I have all the albums Jigga has made and he is not ALL THAT!!!
Re: Blueprint 3 - Album Of The Year?? by A40(m): 8:18pm On Jun 02, 2009
@Sauron
You still don't seem to understand my point ok its like you and Ofokasibe rap go ahead and rap on a track and somehow his verse ends up being better than yours can we say
Sauron <<<<< Ofokasibe
Frazier and Ali would beat Mayweather to a pulp besides they are in different weight classes! Or would Golden Eaglets beat Super Eagles?

Carrick would never be as good as Vieira it doesn't matter if he outplays him now thats ma point

Your bias is nauseating me! The stanky leg thing came out this year! the likes of Flo-Rida,Plies and Souljah boy also have songs that came out with your darling Relapse that also got 4stars on Rolling Stone so what gives?
Asher Roth (i love college) did a better job than Eminem
Re: Blueprint 3 - Album Of The Year?? by Sauron1: 8:30pm On Jun 02, 2009
A-40:

@Sauron
You still don't seem to understand my point ok its like you and Ofokasibe rap go ahead and rap on a track and somehow his verse ends up being better than yours can we say
Sauron <<<<< Ofokasibe
Frazier and Ali would beat Mayweather to a pulp besides they are in different weight classes! Or would Golden Eaglets beat Super Eagles?

Ali with his Parkinsons would beat Mayweather?
I give up. grin grin grin

Carrick would never be as good as Vieira it doesn't matter if he outplays him now thats ma point

Vieira doesn't have the legs to play the game at top level anymore.
Alex Song will disgrace Vieira today if they come against each other.

Your bias is nauseating me! The stanky leg thing came out this year! the likes of Flo-Rida,Plies and Souljah boy also have songs that came out with your darling Relapse that also got 4stars on Rolling Stone so what gives?

Relapse is killing SoundScan as we speak. grin grin grin

Asher Roth (i love college) did a better job than Eminem

Your opinion, not mine.
Asher Roth? Is he an actor?
Re: Blueprint 3 - Album Of The Year?? by Bamsyle(m): 8:34pm On Jun 02, 2009
~Sauron~:

I have all the albums Jigga has made and he is not ALL THAT!!!

He's def'ly switched his style . . . anytime I look at him, I can't help but remember the days of Reasonable Doubt and other street-conscious albums like Life & Times of S. Carter Vol. 3 . . .

He doesn't impress me atimes but on some occassions, he seems to soar on the wings of Rap . . . well . . . overall, I'll still consider him a good MC.
Re: Blueprint 3 - Album Of The Year?? by chiogo(f): 8:52pm On Jun 02, 2009
~Sauron~:

He loves Jay-Z too much and it annoys me. grin grin grin grin
Just like it's annoying how you worship Eminem. tsk.

Asher Roth is another white rapper about to take Eminem's place, lmao.
Re: Blueprint 3 - Album Of The Year?? by Sauron1: 8:58pm On Jun 02, 2009
chiogo:

Just like it's annoying how you worship Eminem. tsk.

Chiogo, go and vibe to your Stanky leg songs.
Eminem is rap laced with horrorcore not Pink Rose and Cristals!!!

Asher Roth is another white rapper about to take Eminem's place, lmao.

Eminem has to die first before Asher Roth can be relevant.
Asher Roth?? Try Mark Walhberg!!!

Bamsyle:

He's def'ly switched his style . . . anytime I look at him, I can't help but remember the days of Reasonable Doubt and other street-conscious albums like Life & Times of S. Carter Vol. 3 . . .

Exactly ma sentiments.
Unfortunately, A-40 still thinks he is still in the same level of the late 90s.
Jigga has fallen off.

He doesn't impress me atimes but on some occassions, he seems to soar on the wings of Rap . . . well . . . overall, I'll still consider him a good MC.

I cannot remember the last time he impressed me.
What is a good rap album? An album where you don't need to skip tracks like a girl playing with a skipping rope.
If you are making 20 tracks in an album, 16 of them should be dope.
These days, Jigga and Nas struggle to have 6 decent songs on an album of 20 songs.

Have u ever skipped a track on "7 Day Theory", "All Eyez On Me", "Life After Death" or "The Eminem Show"?
Try listen to "American Gangster" or "Kingdom Come". . . .It's a borefest. grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8)

Live Interview With Blackface On New Album / Tops Musicians That Sold Their Live To Satan / Soundcity: Nigeria's Channel O

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.