Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,191 members, 7,825,734 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 09:46 PM

Nigeria: One Step Away From Another Rwanda - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria: One Step Away From Another Rwanda (2990 Views)

Photos Of Osinbajo With President Kagame Of Rwanda & Wife At His Inauguration / We Talk About Jollof Rice, Rwanda Gets 24 Hours Power Supply - Senator Ben-bruce / Nigeria One Of The Poorest Countries In The World, Over 80m Living Below Poverty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria: One Step Away From Another Rwanda by biodunid: 12:42pm On Dec 08, 2015
Nigeria: One Step Away From Another Rwanda
— Dec 8, 2015 7:44 am | Leave a comment
By Simon Abah

The founding fathers of the American society in the bid to win their freedom from Britain didn’t say,”wait until we get there,” enough to know what to do, how to run the affairs of the country when they get there. They knew what to do and framed agreements and concessions for a just society before they got there. It was no wonder then that they decreed religious freedom for all, tolerance for all even though that country was founded on christian principles. It was no wonder that the North took up arms against the south and other confederate states in a civil war to free the slaves when the Southerners failed to honour agreements to free them.
President-Paul-Kagame
But in Africa, Eritrea – had no fore plan on how to govern her people when she went to war with Ethiopia, and even though she got her independence, she is now in limbo after winning her freedom from Ethiopia.

South-Sudan won her freedom and without shame today needs international bodies to teach her how to govern her oil rich country. No thanks to disintegration, Russia today is not strong to the days of Lenin, Stalin, Khrushchev and Brezhnev, and is still embroiled in a war with Chechnya, the southern Russian republic.

This writer has had cause to speak to many people promoting irredentism these days and also watched many from close quarters and came to the conclusion that Nigeria is only a step away from another Rwanda.

The Rwandan genocide which is in the public domain, didn’t happen at once. It took months of systematic planning, double-speak and the promotion of hate campaigns and what many thought a joke devastated a country in ways that can be compared to the pogroms in Hitlers’s Germany and Milosevic’s Yugoslavia.

As I gobbled my meal recently in a restaurant in Port Harcourt, I overheard two young men from the south-east, a table away from mine, who couldn’t be up to 35 years if appearance are enough to judge a man’s age complain bitterly about “police brutality on people who were only protesting the cause for separatism, peacefully.”

Such talk is understandable, but what isn’t agreeable to me was when I heard one say again, “that when war breaks, I will personally shoot saboteurs even if they are our brothers when they stand in our way to get our freedom.” I had to engage them healthily, giving second opinion on why war for the second time in Nigeria shouldn’t be contemplated, most of all by youngsters who do not know the pangs of war. Regrettably, we couldn’t reason together. Their minds were made up. I left them with a poser,”you may have a leader but not a government, failed republics fail because of the absence of real government and countries do not succeed only because they have good leaders.”

One thing I noticed was the way, they were dressed, expensively! And wondered how they would dress and survive should war break?

What plans do they have in place to administer the republic especially as they told me:”we will know what to do when we get our country.”

[b]A few weeks before, after mass, for I am a Catholic, I heard a man of advanced years say emphatically to another, “we will break up this country and get our republic.” To think that he made such statement after leaving the Lord’s temple, left me wondering if he is truly a Christian. Today I look at him suspiciously.

Not long ago, a Knight that I know took the same stance as the man in the foregoing. This Knight is wealthy, highly exposed individual, those kinds who go a golfing.

Academics have joined the fray, giving ideological backing to struggles, and to read statements such as this, is now common, “Every nation or group of people is entitled to national movements. No one can deny a nation the right to self-determination. If a group of people, or a nation within a bigger nation, desires secession, it should be given a chance to articulate its desires. It is after a clear picture emerges that negotiations will begin.” Those academics sit on pedestals, yet clearer picture it would appear isn’t necessary from the get-go.

A grey beard chief, told me,”that our boys in Aba really tried by carrying out the protest march.”

What are these elderly ones teaching youngsters? What happened, happens and are happening in the name of irredentism is not the activity of adventure-conquerors, certainly not misguided youths trying to get cheap popularity, or make money. Like Rwanda, it is sponsored by the elders, state and prominent people who pretend not to be interested in the activities of these,’misguided youths,’ but behind-the-scene, give, the ‘misguided youths,’ moral and financial backing.[/b]

How else can you rationalize a situation where a youngster who hasn’t got the dole of democracy from the government in his region and was forced to move out and struggle to eke a living in Port Harcourt and elsewhere assume that secession will automatically solve all of his life’s challenges?

Various research have shown that people display high levels of belligerence, grandstanding, intemperate behaviours, etc., especially those with dull speculative resume, when they are brainwashed by the state, educated elites and the informed who choose to educate wrongly. Remember Hitler and his butchering rowdies, some clerics in the north and dangerous preachments prior to numerous religious crisis, in the north, and now the elites in the south-east are doing the same.

It is not enough to tersely say publicly that “the protests do not have the support or blessing of the leaders of the zone.” The Rwandese did likewise before the genocide.

Our youths, have veered off the right path. No thanks to the elites, educated, academics, political class and the religious. I know so. I see the puckered brow the youth wear when I ask that we reason together. I see hatred on faces and hear swapping denunciations. The minds are really locked. Who will open them? We are on our way quickly to Rwanda. A forbidden prospect.

While I still remember, those who look up to members of the international community, should bear in mind how they double-speak when issues concerning Africa come to public attention. Rwanda and the Nigerian civil wars are cases in point.

Simon Abah
Port Harcourt
Rivers State

http://www.leadership.ng/opinions/481641/nigeria-one-step-away-another-rwanda

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria: One Step Away From Another Rwanda by PRYCE(m): 1:17pm On Dec 08, 2015
Now this is Informative!...
Re: Nigeria: One Step Away From Another Rwanda by IAMTHEHERO: 1:19pm On Dec 08, 2015
Everyday new members are buying the IPOB offerings. Why? Nigeria has nothing to sell to the lgbos rather the Nigerian government gives them the reasons to join the IPOB movement: Harsh economic policies that have led to the loss of jobs and businesses;hatred speeches from both PMB and other tribes( 5%, Igbos will be drown in the lagoon), see the big shame that played out in Bayelsa election.I have carefully listened to the IPOB members, they will tell you that either Biafra or death. What does it signify? It means staying in Nigeria is as good as death. l once overheard a yoruba man saying over their dead bodies they will see an Igbo man become the president of so called one Nigeria.The truth be told, among all tribes in Nigeria, none believes in one Nigeria than the lgbos.The lgbos have their properties and businesses spread to the other parts of Nigeria more than other tribes.

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria: One Step Away From Another Rwanda by ugojamali(m): 1:20pm On Dec 08, 2015
Piece of garbage. While you made valid arguments, iI do not see anywhere you gave valid reasons why Nigeria is one step away from Rwanda. I can only think that you, like many people, do not know the Rwanda story. People should not just post anything they feel like. They should research before posting. Nigeria cannot be like Rwanda because no ethnic group in Nigeria can cleanse another. Rwanda genocide was all about ethnic cleansing. It almost succeeded because the hutus had more than 70 percent of the population compared to the tutsis. Now how does this apply to Nigeria? Are the hausas the clear majority. Or is it the yorubas?

There's is no major ethnic tribe in Nigeria that could successfully cleanse the next. Please go educate yourself before writing sentimental and misleading bullshit.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria: One Step Away From Another Rwanda by Nobody: 1:34pm On Dec 08, 2015
The original writer is biased.

So he couldn't find any part of human history that can back up the Biafra agitation....

Does that mean all facts in our history of man kind does not at any way encourage the resilience of the people of Biafra and restoring there country?.

I pray someone should counter this rubbish and show us part of history that can serve as encouragement to the biafrans and put them at limelight... And also help the struggle.

BC someone is somewhere trying to cover our eyes with shade when there are transparent glasses.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria: One Step Away From Another Rwanda by highpriest4: 1:35pm On Dec 08, 2015
This write up = expensive shiiit

No be me talk am o

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria: One Step Away From Another Rwanda by biodunid: 1:47pm On Dec 08, 2015
Yes, it won't be a war but genocide with every man's hand raised against his neighbour. Those who think this will be Biafra reprised are seduced. Africa and Africans have gotten much richer, exposed to technology and have learnt to hate one another much more. Rwanda and Biafra were ~1m each. Congo is already more than 5m (Africa's WW). If Nigerians ever go to arms again as many as 20m will pay the ultimate price. No family will remain untouched and no surviving individual will escape without lifelong physical and other scars. Yes I know it can't happen but then we are all working very hard to make this impossible nightmare come to pass.

ugojamali:
Piece of garbage. While you made valid arguments, iI do not see anywhere you gave valid reasons why Nigeria is one step away from Rwanda. I can only think that you, like many people, do not know the Rwanda story. People should not just post anything they feel like. They should research before posting. Nigeria cannot be like Rwanda because no ethnic group in Nigeria can cleanse another. Rwanda genocide was all about ethnic cleansing. It almost succeeded because the hutus had more than 70 percent of the population compared to the tutsis. Now how does this apply to Nigeria? Are the hausas the clear majority. Or is it the yorubas?

There's is no major ethnic tribe in Nigeria that could successfully cleanse the next. Please go educate yourself before writing sentimental and misleading bullshit.
Re: Nigeria: One Step Away From Another Rwanda by utytill(m): 1:56pm On Dec 08, 2015
OH GOD,HEALS OUR LAND.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: One Step Away From Another Rwanda by Nobody: 2:00pm On Dec 08, 2015
You know ppl come to Nairaland to tell people that those fighting for Biafra are youths who do not know anything about war, this is a big misinformation, In as much as nobody wants war the Biafra thing cut across all ages including those who have fought war during the civil war, I have an old Biafra commander in my street and he said he is ready for another war if need be, but there wont be war because Biafra will be achieved peacefully.
Nairaland Mods easily post anti-biafra thread on FP and delete pro-Biafra threads thinking they have done some good jobs. Some of them have even ban ppl who have supported the agitation for no reason. But the truth is that their work done is zero.
Different kinds of ppl have written articles especially my brothers from South west on the disadvantages of biafra even going as far as crying more than the bereaved.
Igbos have seen the future and have seen there is no future for their children and children's children in the Nigerian Set-up, those trying to convince ppl against biafra have don ZERO work-done, its now more of believe and a movement than a theory. My ppl from the south west should look beyond hanging on surviving by the help of Igbos being in Nigeria, they should plan for the future of their children instead of trying to discourage those who have seen the future and are about to achieve what they want.

Writing thousand of articles in NL and deleting pro Biafra topics will not change anything, mark my work
Biafra will come whether NNAMDI Kanu is dead or alive but it will come peacefully. Igbos have come of age and will never fight war in our backyard any more, peaceful protesters are taking bullet now for no reason but they will still remain peaceful. There are many ways to kill a rat and there are many ways to fight a war, IPOB will exhaust the safest ways first, and by grace of God we will get Biafra before we exhaust them.
Good luck to Our Yoruba brother for their One Nigeria project but Count IGBOS out. Your Numerous tricks have failed over the years, No amount of articles and propaganda will change things right now. Let a sleeping dog lie and face your own problems.

12 Likes

Re: Nigeria: One Step Away From Another Rwanda by lawrenceunaa: 2:30pm On Dec 08, 2015
utytill:
OH GOD,HEALS OUR LAND.
heal abeg.
Re: Nigeria: One Step Away From Another Rwanda by knowledgeable: 2:31pm On Dec 08, 2015
[code][/code]
biodunid:
Nigeria: One Step Away From Another Rwanda
— Dec 8, 2015 7:44 am | Leave a comment
By Simon Abah

The founding fathers of the American society in the bid to win their freedom from Britain didn’t say,”wait until we get there,” enough to know what to do, how to run the affairs of the country when they get there. They knew what to do and framed agreements and concessions for a just society before they got there. It was no wonder then that they decreed religious freedom for all, tolerance for all even though that country was founded on christian principles. It was no wonder that the North took up arms against the south and other confederate states in a civil war to free the slaves when the Southerners failed to honour agreements to free them.
President-Paul-Kagame
But in Africa, Eritrea – had no fore plan on how to govern her people when she went to war with Ethiopia, and even though she got her independence, she is now in limbo after winning her freedom from Ethiopia.

South-Sudan won her freedom and without shame today needs international bodies to teach her how to govern her oil rich country. No thanks to disintegration, Russia today is not strong to the days of Lenin, Stalin, Khrushchev and Brezhnev, and is still embroiled in a war with Chechnya, the southern Russian republic.

This writer has had cause to speak to many people promoting irredentism these days and also watched many from close quarters and came to the conclusion that Nigeria is only a step away from another Rwanda.

The Rwandan genocide which is in the public domain, didn’t happen at once. It took months of systematic planning, double-speak and the promotion of hate campaigns and what many thought a joke devastated a country in ways that can be compared to the pogroms in Hitlers’s Germany and Milosevic’s Yugoslavia.

As I gobbled my meal recently in a restaurant in Port Harcourt, I overheard two young men from the south-east, a table away from mine, who couldn’t be up to 35 years if appearance are enough to judge a man’s age complain bitterly about “police brutality on people who were only protesting the cause for separatism, peacefully.”

Such talk is understandable, but what isn’t agreeable to me was when I heard one say again, “that when war breaks, I will personally shoot saboteurs even if they are our brothers when they stand in our way to get our freedom.” I had to engage them healthily, giving second opinion on why war for the second time in Nigeria shouldn’t be contemplated, most of all by youngsters who do not know the pangs of war. Regrettably, we couldn’t reason together. Their minds were made up. I left them with a poser,”you may have a leader but not a government, failed republics fail because of the absence of real government and countries do not succeed only because they have good leaders.”

One thing I noticed was the way, they were dressed, expensively! And wondered how they would dress and survive should war break?

What plans do they have in place to administer the republic especially as they told me:”we will know what to do when we get our country.”

[b]A few weeks before, after mass, for I am a Catholic, I heard a man of advanced years say emphatically to another, “we will break up this country and get our republic.” To think that he made such statement after leaving the Lord’s temple, left me wondering if he is truly a Christian. Today I look at him suspiciously.

Not long ago, a Knight that I know took the same stance as the man in the foregoing. This Knight is wealthy, highly exposed individual, those kinds who go a golfing.

Academics have joined the fray, giving ideological backing to struggles, and to read statements such as this, is now common, “Every nation or group of people is entitled to national movements. No one can deny a nation the right to self-determination. If a group of people, or a nation within a bigger nation, desires secession, it should be given a chance to articulate its desires. It is after a clear picture emerges that negotiations will begin.” Those academics sit on pedestals, yet clearer picture it would appear isn’t necessary from the get-go.

A grey beard chief, told me,”that our boys in Aba really tried by carrying out the protest march.”

What are these elderly ones teaching youngsters? What happened, happens and are happening in the name of irredentism is not the activity of adventure-conquerors, certainly not misguided youths trying to get cheap popularity, or make money. Like Rwanda, it is sponsored by the elders, state and prominent people who pretend not to be interested in the activities of these,’misguided youths,’ but behind-the-scene, give, the ‘misguided youths,’ moral and financial backing.[/b]

How else can you rationalize a situation where a youngster who hasn’t got the dole of democracy from the government in his region and was forced to move out and struggle to eke a living in Port Harcourt and elsewhere assume that secession will automatically solve all of his life’s challenges?

Various research have shown that people display high levels of belligerence, grandstanding, intemperate behaviours, etc., especially those with dull speculative resume, when they are brainwashed by the state, educated elites and the informed who choose to educate wrongly. Remember Hitler and his butchering rowdies, some clerics in the north and dangerous preachments prior to numerous religious crisis, in the north, and now the elites in the south-east are doing the same.

It is not enough to tersely say publicly that “the protests do not have the support or blessing of the leaders of the zone.” The Rwandese did likewise before the genocide.

Our youths, have veered off the right path. No thanks to the elites, educated, academics, political class and the religious. I know so. I see the puckered brow the youth wear when I ask that we reason together. I see hatred on faces and hear swapping denunciations. The minds are really locked. Who will open them? We are on our way quickly to Rwanda. A forbidden prospect.

While I still remember, those who look up to members of the international community, should bear in mind how they double-speak when issues concerning Africa come to public attention. Rwanda and the Nigerian civil wars are cases in point.

Simon Abah
Port Harcourt
Rivers State

http://www.leadership.ng/opinions/481641/nigeria-one-step-away-another-rwanda

@Simon Abah, you have a yoruba mentality, you reason like them period.

Igbos don't want another Rwanda, because they were the first in Africa to experienced "a Rwanda", and transmitted down that gory experience to their yonger generation.

The yorubas and people in the south that have their kind of mentality, always talk about another Rwanda.

Surprise as it is, Hausa/Fulani and North in general don't speak of another Rwanda, maybe because, they are a little bit unwilling to defend "one nigeria" as they kinetically did in the late sixties because they are unsure who will join or not both domestically or internationally, given the history since after the war. Maybe the world will not stand by for another reenactment, who knows?.

Igbos who want Biafra(some don't) are angling towards a referendum or plebiscite and NOT another Rwanda.

Yorubas are the ones wishing for 'a Rwanda' on Igbos, but lack the capacity to bring it on their own.

At the end, the Northerners and not the yorubas and those that think like them will pull a surprise for all to witness.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria: One Step Away From Another Rwanda by HammerEvery(f): 2:42pm On Dec 08, 2015
Simon Abah (if that is your real name) , somebody told you that the evil entity Islamic controlled nigeria will be broken, yet you wondered if he was a true christian?

Did you mr simon listen to Hon Farouk and kunle's conversation about dealing with the SE/SS.Did you you listen to Buhari's 97% 5% speech? Buhari divided your country 97% and 5% by admiting that all regions and by extension all nigerians will not be treated equal.

You expect Easterners to hear that they are going to be destroyed yet submit to destruction without a fight when they have an alternative? Your dullard president created the apprehension, he has sown in the wind, let him reap in the whirlwind.

All your pro-nigeria sentiments are useless if you can not tell us where it written in heaven or earth that nigeria's existence is sacrosanct.Th muslims hausas don't like us, we Eastern christians have lost patience with their bloodletting and are now ready to serve them their own medicine in full measure. Why should it be a problem?

Finally, rwanda has nothing to do with secession, the hutus didn't kill tustsi because they wanted sovereignty. Make enlightened arguments pls?

Biafran has come to stay, you and your hausa/ fulani gods should make peace with that fact.

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria: One Step Away From Another Rwanda by HammerEvery(f): 2:47pm On Dec 08, 2015
IAMTHEHERO:
Everyday new members are buying the IPOB offerings. Why? Nigeria has nothing to sell to the lgbos rather the Nigerian government gives them the reasons to join the IPOB movement: Harsh economic policies that have led to the loss of jobs and businesses;hatred speeches from both PMB and other tribes( 5%, Igbos will be drown in the lagoon), see the big shame that played out in Bayelsa election.I have carefully listened to the IPOB members, they will tell you that either Biafra or death. What does it signify? It means staying in Nigeria is as good as death. l once overheard a yoruba man saying over their dead bodies they will see an Igbo man become the president of so called one Nigeria.The truth be told, among all tribes in Nigeria, none believes in one Nigeria than the lgbos.The lgbos have their properties and businesses spread to the other parts of Nigeria more than other tribes.

Those are the yoruba pastors that Biafrans still run to their churches. They will take your offering but will never will never vote a christian easterner. How many Igbo pastors are highly ranked in RCCG, Deeperlife, Winners and co. ? I pity any Biafran who still attend yoruba churches to pay weekly salaries to those pastors.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria: One Step Away From Another Rwanda by biodunid: 2:58pm On Dec 08, 2015
And what does the logic of your last sentence dictate?

IAMTHEHERO:
Re: Nigeria: One Step Away From Another Rwanda by biodunid: 3:00pm On Dec 08, 2015
I know if Jesus makes the mistake of coming back as a Fulani / Yoruba man most Igbos will abandon xtianity grin

HammerEvery:

Those are the yoruba pastors that Biafrans still run to their churches. They will take your offering but will never will never vote a christian easterner. How many Igbo pastors are highly ranked in RCCG, Deeperlife, Winners and co. ? I pity any Biafran who still attend yoruba churches to pay weekly salaries to those pastors.
Re: Nigeria: One Step Away From Another Rwanda by biodunid: 3:03pm On Dec 08, 2015
How many presidents have died in civil wars? If there is any 'whirlwind' it is people like you who will die in it and not Buhari whatever he has done right or wrong. The sooner you recalibrate your brain and start thinking seriously about who will lose and who will win the better.

HammerEvery:
Simon Abah (if that is your real name) , somebody told you that the evil entity Islamic controlled nigeria will be broken, yet you wondered if he was a true christian?

Did you mr simon listen to Hon Farouk and kunle's conversation about dealing with the SE/SS.Did you you listen to Buhari's 97% 5% speech? Buhari divided your country 97% and 5% by admiting that all regions and by extension all nigerians will not be treated equal.

You expect Easterners to hear that they are going to be destroyed yet submit to destruction without a fight when they have an alternative? Your dullard president created the apprehension, he has sown in the wind, let him reap in the whirlwind.

All your pro-nigeria sentiments are useless if you can not tell us where it written in heaven or earth that nigeria's existence is sacrosanct.Th muslims hausas don't like us, we Eastern christians have lost patience with their bloodletting and are now ready to serve them their own medicine in full measure. Why should it be a problem?

Finally, rwanda has nothing to do with secession, the hutus didn't kill tustsi because they wanted sovereignty. Make enlightened arguments pls?

Biafran has come to stay, you and your hausa/ fulani gods should make peace with that fact.
Re: Nigeria: One Step Away From Another Rwanda by biodunid: 3:07pm On Dec 08, 2015
You expect the West to waste blood and treasure to settle a bloody quarrel between 180m 'monkeys'? Really? How many boots on ground do they have in Syria now and how long did it take them to intervene in Rwanda? If it is such unwarranted hope in a Western saviour that is impelling all this foolishness then you are indeed done for.

knowledgeable:
[code][/code]

Igbos don't want another Rwanda, because they were the first in Africa to experienced "a Rwanda", and transmitted down that gory experience to their yonger generation.

The yorubas and people in the south that have their kind of mentality, always talk about another Rwanda.

Surprise as it is, Hausa/Fulani and North in general don't speak of another Rwanda, maybe because, they are a little bit unwilling to defend "one nigeria" as they kinetically did in the late sixties because they are unsure who will join or not both domestically or internationally, given the history since after the war. Maybe the world will not stand by for another reenactment, who knows?.

Igbos who want Biafra(some don't) are angling towards a referendum or plebiscite and NOT another Rwanda.

Yorubas are the ones wishing for 'a Rwanda' on Igbos, but lack the capacity to bring it on their own.

At the end, the Northerners and not the yorubas and those that think like them will pull a surprise for all to witness.

Re: Nigeria: One Step Away From Another Rwanda by biodunid: 3:08pm On Dec 08, 2015
AMEN my brother.

utytill:
OH GOD,HEALS OUR LAND.
Re: Nigeria: One Step Away From Another Rwanda by HammerEvery(f): 3:10pm On Dec 08, 2015
biodunid:
I know if Jesus makes the mistake of coming back as a Fulani / Yoruba man most Igbos will abandon xtianity grin

Jesus can never make mistake of coming through an animalistic bloodletting cursed fulanis. He can never ever contemplate coming through a hypocritical, sleazy opportunistic yorubas who give tacit support to the killing of unarmed christian Biafran protesters believing that they are immune from triggerhappy hausa soldier. Jesus is not daft.

Do you think i or any right thinking Igbo who have read your comments here will ever sympathize with you if tommorow's headline reads "Drunk policeman shoots Adisa for N20"? Karma is a biatch!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria: One Step Away From Another Rwanda by Nobody: 3:15pm On Dec 08, 2015
knowledgeable:
[code][/code]

isn't it ironic to you that people who are ugly call themselves beautiful and people who are plain dumb call themselves knowledgeable

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: One Step Away From Another Rwanda by HammerEvery(f): 3:19pm On Dec 08, 2015
biodunid:
How many presidents have died in civil wars? If there is any 'whirlwind' it is people like you who will die in it and not Buhari whatever he has done right or wrong. The sooner you recalibrate your brain and start thinking seriously about who will lose and who will win the better.

When we say yorubas like you are demented,.you start quarelling. Why would i want buhari to die? So that traitors and midgets like you and osunbade will reap? Kikikiki.
Biodun, Buhari doesn't have to died before he can reap, he will stay alive and reap what he sown. Go and ask him if he has gotten the guns, he has been junketting about to buy and why nobody wants to sell to the terrorist el-dullardo. IPOB will continue doing what they are doing to keep illiterate monkeys away from hi-tech ammunitions, and they'll do it with the TRUTH. grin

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria: One Step Away From Another Rwanda by Nobody: 3:23pm On Dec 08, 2015
HammerEvery:

Jesus can never make mistake of coming through an animalistic bloodletting cursed fulanis. He can never ever contemplate coming through a hypocritical, sleazy opportunistic yorubas who give tacit support to the killing of unarmed protesters believing that they are immune from triggerhappy hausa soldier. Jesus is not that daft.

Do you think i or any right thinking Igbo who have read your comments here will ever sympathize with you if tommorow's headline reads "Drunk policeman shoots Adisa for N20"? Karma is a biatch!

Hatred kills the hater slowly But surely.

the Yorubas you hate on are quite oblivious of your existence. I'll bet that either you live in the southwest or at least a family member of yours live there. yet u feel comfortable purging ur innards here.

because of your hatred for Yorubas you just called Jesus Christ "daft". I Hope you will be ready to defend that statement in eternity.

you will remember today that you typed those words "Jesus is NOT THAT DAFT" and wished you never heard of internet in your miserable life.

better make amends.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria: One Step Away From Another Rwanda by HammerEvery(f): 3:31pm On Dec 08, 2015
Ioannes:

Hatred kills the hater slowly But surely.

the Yorubas you hate on are quite oblivious of your existence. I'll bet that either you live in the southwest or at least a family member of yours live there. yet u feel comfortable purging ur innards here.

because of your hatred for Yorubas you just called Jesus Christ "daft". I Hope you will be ready to defend that statement in eternity.

you will remember today that you typed those words "Jesus is NOT THAT DAFT" and wished you never heard of internet in your miserable life.

better make amends.

There he goes, sanctimoniously being hypocritical just like a typical 2-faced yoruba man. Have read your post history? Read it and get back to me.
Jesus has nothing to do with you Godforsaken yoruba traitors who are always willing tools in the hands of the muslim jihadists. grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria: One Step Away From Another Rwanda by Maxi112: 3:44pm On Dec 08, 2015
biodunid:

this dude is telling u d truth... I can't go to any church own by a Yoruba or Hausa man... this is d level biafra agitation has gotten to (my opinion tho)

1 Like

Re: Nigeria: One Step Away From Another Rwanda by achi4u(m): 4:14pm On Dec 08, 2015
@Op u need to read the history of Rwanda and the genocide before equating it to Biafra struggle, two different thing all together.
As for self governing, just don't worry ur head and let the Biafrans be.

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria: One Step Away From Another Rwanda by forgiveness: 4:36pm On Dec 08, 2015
People just like to comment without reading. The op made valid points.

I quote ' What plans do they have in place to administer the republic especially as they told me.'we will know what to do when we get our own country' was the answer. Meaning no plans.

But he left them with a poster " You may have a leader but not a government, failed republics fail because of the absence of real government and countries don't only succeed because they have good leaders".

Then, he went further to tell us how USA drafted agreements and concessions before fighting for independent.

The writer make sense....
Re: Nigeria: One Step Away From Another Rwanda by ugojamali(m): 6:42pm On Dec 08, 2015
biodunid:
Yes, it won't be a war but genocide with every man's hand raised against his neighbour. Those who think this will be Biafra reprised are seduced. Africa and Africans have gotten much richer, exposed to technology and have learnt to hate one another much more. Rwanda and Biafra were ~1m each. Congo is already more than 5m (Africa's WW). If Nigerians ever go to arms again as many as 20m will pay the ultimate price. No family will remain untouched and no surviving individual will escape without lifelong physical and other scars. Yes I know it can't happen but then we are all working very hard to make this impossible nightmare come to pass.

Now you're talking about war. Genocide is different from war. In a war the two sides will lose. Nigeria won the biafran war, but the truth was that it suffered as much as biafra. War is war. Genocide is Genocide. You could argue war and I'll totally agree with you. But when you speak Genocide then you're wrong.

Do you know what genocide is? It's saying that the igbo tribe will try to totally wipe out the hausa tribe while the Yoruba tribe, tiv, ndoma, ijaw, bini and all the other tribes sit down and watch. How is that ever possible? No tribe in Nigeria is stronger than the next. Our strength is in our alliances. The hausas needed the yorubas and the middle belt people to win the war. They also needed Britain and France. The igbos lost because they felt they needed no one and only realized they needed help when it was too late
Re: Nigeria: One Step Away From Another Rwanda by biodunid: 8:49pm On Dec 08, 2015
Was Yugoslavia war or genocide? What are the Serbian generals being tried for? When hatred gets to naija level war will always end up as genocide. While we are on it, what did the Nazis perpetrate against the Jews and other unfortunates? And don't be so sure you won't get the same gang up against Igbos this time around the way you have perfected the art of creating enemies and estranging friends. I make the last point as a Yoruba who married an Igbo woman of my own freewill.

ugojamali:

Now you're talking about war. Genocide is different from war. In a war the two sides will lose. Nigeria won the biafran war, but the truth was that it suffered as much as biafra. War is war. Genocide is Genocide. You could argue war and I'll totally agree with you. But when you speak Genocide then you're wrong.

Do you know what genocide is? It's saying that the igbo tribe will try to totally wipe out the hausa tribe while the Yoruba tribe, tiv, ndoma, ijaw, bini and all the other tribes sit down and watch. How is that ever possible? No tribe in Nigeria is stronger than the next. Our strength is in our alliances. The hausas needed the yorubas and the middle belt people to win the war. They also needed Britain and France. The igbos lost because they felt they needed no one and only realized they needed help when it was too late
Re: Nigeria: One Step Away From Another Rwanda by Karlovich: 8:51pm On Dec 08, 2015
My fellow oduans, let us leave biafrans alone, we need our sophisticated kingdom

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria: One Step Away From Another Rwanda by biodunid: 8:52pm On Dec 08, 2015
Yet you think genocidal war isn't around the corner?

Maxi112:
this dude is telling u d truth... I can't go to any church own by a Yoruba or Hausa man... this is d level biafra agitation has gotten to (my opinion tho)
Re: Nigeria: One Step Away From Another Rwanda by kernel504(m): 9:17pm On Dec 08, 2015
biodunid:

NIGERIA - BIAFRA FACTS.

Strength:
120,000 (1970)30,000 (1970)
Casualties and losses
25,000 - 50,000 Military casualties[ citation needed]10,000 - 25,000 Military casualties[ citation needed]
NIGERIA SUFFERED MORE MILITARY DEFECT AND STARTED KILLING UNARMED CIVILIANS

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigerian_Civil_War

LOOK MR MAN, I WOULDN'T KNOW IF YOU UNDERSTAND THAT WAR REQUIRES MONEY? NIGERIA CAN'T EVEN PAY SALARIES OR FIGHT SMALL BOKO HARAM AND THEY NOW WANTS TO FACE 40 MILL PEOPLE AND BOKO HARAM, THAT'S LAUGHABLE. WE CAN STARVE TO SEE BIAFRA, BUT YOU CAN'T DIE FOR NIGERIA, BEWARED.
THIS TIME, NIGER DELTA WILL BLOW UP THE OIL PIPELINES, LET ME SEE HOW YOU WILL FUND THE WAR.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria: One Step Away From Another Rwanda by ugojamali(m): 9:22pm On Dec 08, 2015
biodunid:
Was Yugoslavia war or genocide? What are the Serbian generals being tried for? When hatred gets to naija level war will always end up as genocide. While we are on it, what did the Nazis perpetrate against the Jews and other unfortunates? And don't be so sure you won't get the same gang up against Igbos this time around the way you have perfected the art of creating enemies and estranging friends. I make the last point as a Yoruba who married an Igbo woman of my own freewill.

Again you make reference to genocide without understanding how it works. And let me use one of your examples to point it out. Why did the nazis almost succeed in wiping out the German Jews? Because of numbers. Genocide works with numbers. Ten million people could possibly commit genocide against one million people. But seven million people cannot commit genocide against five million people. Genocide works with numbers. War is quite different.

A boko haram rag tag army of 10,000 men can successfully wage war for years against a Nigerian army of 1,000,000. They are two different strategies. Genocide also works with the fear factor. The people to be wiped out must be so afraid and defenseless against the oppressors. So they cannot defend themselves.

Like i pointed out earlier, if you talk about war, then I agree with you. But before you scream genocide, you need to study Genocide. If you do, you will know that it will never apply to Nigeria. Even if all the other ethnic groups decide to wipe out the yoruba nation, they're strong enough to withstand total annihilation. They will fight back. They're not a minority tutsi of one million helpless people facing a majority hutu of more than ten million armed men. They're equally not six million unarmed German Jews facing fifty million nazis armed to the teeth. Same goes for the igbo nation and the hausa nation.

Nigeria could go to war. But Genocide can never occur here.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nothing To Hide- Dasuki Arms Deal: Iweala Rope Jonathan In With Damning Document / Tinubu To Jonathan In 2012: Subsidy Removal Will Bring Hardship On The People / See What Ipob Director Wrote On 500 Naira Note

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.