Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,236 members, 7,839,258 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 03:46 PM

Nigeria: One Step Away From Another Rwanda - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria: One Step Away From Another Rwanda (3000 Views)

Photos Of Osinbajo With President Kagame Of Rwanda & Wife At His Inauguration / We Talk About Jollof Rice, Rwanda Gets 24 Hours Power Supply - Senator Ben-bruce / Nigeria One Of The Poorest Countries In The World, Over 80m Living Below Poverty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria: One Step Away From Another Rwanda by biodunid: 9:29pm On Dec 08, 2015
You have conveniently forgotten that about half the Igbo nation is dispersed in the five other regions of naija where they are minorities and might not be allowed to get back to their home region intact if war breaks out. When are you guys going to start thinking through the likely dynamics of this madness you are about to unleash? If war starts today how many Igbo traders and their families do you think will come out of the North alive especially after IPOB has killed the few 1000s of Hausas it finds in the East?

ugojamali:

Again you make reference to genocide without understanding how it works. And let me use one of your examples to point it out. Why did the nazis almost succeed in wiping out the German Jews? Because of numbers. Genocide works with numbers. Ten million people could possibly commit genocide against one million people. But seven million people cannot commit genocide against five million people. Genocide works with numbers. War is quite different.

A boko haram rag tag army of 10,000 men can successfully wage war for years against a Nigerian army of 1,000,000. They are two different strategies. Genocide also works with the fear factor. The people to be wiped out must be so afraid and defenseless against the oppressors. So they cannot defend themselves.

Like i pointed out earlier, if you talk about war, then I agree with you. But before you scream genocide, you need to study Genocide. If you do, you will know that it will never apply to Nigeria. Even if all the other ethnic groups decide to wipe out the yoruba nation, they're strong enough to withstand total annihilation. They will fight back. They're not a minority tutsi of one million helpless people facing a majority hutu of more than ten million armed men. They're equally not six million unarmed German Jews facing fifty million nazis armed to the teeth. Same goes for the igbo nation and the hausa nation.

Nigeria could go to war. But Genocide can never occur here.
Re: Nigeria: One Step Away From Another Rwanda by Nobody: 9:36pm On Dec 08, 2015
HammerEvery:

There he goes, sanctimoniously being hypocritical just like a typical 2-faced yoruba man. Have read your post history? Read it and get back to me.
Jesus has nothing to do with you Godforsaken yoruba traitors who are always willing tools in the hands of the muslim jihadists. grin

I would have said read your post again, but obviously even you can't make sense of it so I'll advise u to show somebody else. you probably don't get it, even after I pointed it out to you.

no apologies for whatever I posted earlier. I stand by everyone of my earlier posts until u guys from the land of the rising moon decide to train yourselves on how to interact without insults.
Re: Nigeria: One Step Away From Another Rwanda by biodunid: 9:37pm On Dec 08, 2015
I hope you don't ever make the mistake of citing Wiki in any academic work. As for needing money to start a war I hope you know Charles Taylor spent only $2m to set Liberia on fire and take over the country. We might not have money for schools or salaries but we have plenty of billions for war. As for oil pipelines: about half naija's production is now from deep offshore which a few frigates will easily protect from any 'bagger'. You are free to set your own backyard on fire. I hope when you finish polluting your farmlands and fisheries with oil you won't start shouting about another deliberate starvation policy. You guys really don't think your 'bright' ideas through.

kernel504:

NIGERIA - BIAFRA FACTS.

Strength:
120,000 (1970)30,000 (1970)
Casualties and losses
25,000 - 50,000 Military casualties[ citation needed]10,000 - 25,000 Military casualties[ citation needed]
NIGERIA SUFFERED MORE MILITARY DEFECT AND STARTED KILLING UNARMED CIVILIANS

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigerian_Civil_War

LOOK MR MAN, I WOULDN'T KNOW IF YOU UNDERSTAND THAT WAR REQUIRES MONEY? NIGERIA CAN'T EVEN PAY SALARIES OR FIGHT SMALL BOKO HARAM AND THEY NOW WANTS TO FACE 40 MILL PEOPLE AND BOKO HARAM, THAT'S LAUGHABLE. WE CAN STARVE TO SEE BIAFRA, BUT YOU CAN'T DIE FOR NIGERIA, BEWARED.
THIS TIME, NIGER DELTA WILL BLOW UP THE OIL PIPELINES, LET ME SEE HOW YOU WILL FUND THE WAR.
Re: Nigeria: One Step Away From Another Rwanda by ugojamali(m): 9:57pm On Dec 08, 2015
biodunid:
You have conveniently forgotten that about half the Igbo nation is dispersed in the five other regions of naija where they are minorities and might not be allowed to get back to their home region intact if war breaks out. When are you guys going to start thinking through the likely dynamics of this madness you are about to unleash? If war starts today how many Igbo traders and their families do you think will come out of the North alive especially after IPOB has killed the few 1000s of Hausas it finds in the East?

It seems you're mistaking something. I am not here to clamor for war. I got interested in your thread because you made reference to Genocide. I only wanted you to see the error of your assumptions and understand that Genocide cannot and will not happen in Nigeria. I pointed out facts to explain why it can't. My argument is all about Genocide. I don't want a war. Nigeria does not need a war. I don't believe that biafra is the solution to our economic problems. I believe that good leadership is.

I'd rather prefer my governors to use the free money we all get from Niger delta oil to develop our region instead of clamoring for a country. It's true that hausas often drag us back. But I believe that the igbo nation can excel within a united Nigeria.

So stop trying to lecture me about the dangers of war. I've read about war to the point that cannot wish it on my enemy. I know the Rwanda story. I know about Hitler and how forty million people died for his sake . I know about America's war of emancipation and I know about our biafran war.
Re: Nigeria: One Step Away From Another Rwanda by kernel504(m): 9:59pm On Dec 08, 2015
biodunid:
I hope you don't ever make the mistake of citing Wiki in any academic work. As for needing money to start a war I hope you know Charles Taylor spent only $2m to set Liberia on fire and take over the country. We might not have money for schools or salaries but we have plenty of billions for war. As for oil pipelines: about half naija's production is now from deep offshore which a few frigates will easily protect from any 'bagger'. You are free to set your own backyard on fire. I hope when you finish polluting your farmlands and fisheries with oil you won't start shouting about another deliberate starvation policy. You guys really don't think your 'bright' ideas through.

BEEN BIASED SHOULDN'T MAKE YOU DUMB, HOW CAN YOU PLAY DOWN FACTS FROM WIKIPEDIA?... DO YOU THINK AM DOING SAHARA REPORTING?

OIL PRICE IS DROPPING, WITH NIGERIA FOREIGN DEBT ON THE RISE, DEPLETED FOREIGN RESERVE... LOOK, IF NIGERIA CAN'T STAND BOKO HARAM WITH LESS THAN 100,000 WARRIORS NA 40 MILLION BIAFRAN SOLDIERS THEY WAN WIN... HAHAHAHA.
SINCE YOU DON'T KNOW THAT NIGERIA CAN'T FUND WAR NOW, THE LAST TIME BUHARI HAD TO BORROW FROM IMF, WAIT OH, YOU WAN BORROW GO FIGHT?

BELIEVE ME YOU'VE NOT READ NIGERIA BUDGET AT ALL.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria: One Step Away From Another Rwanda by meforyou1(m): 10:21pm On Dec 08, 2015
Op, is this hopeless country Nigeria better than Rwanda?
Re: Nigeria: One Step Away From Another Rwanda by meforyou1(m): 10:22pm On Dec 08, 2015
biodunid:

coward, worry about your yoruba brothers in the north and leave. We are igbos, we will take care of ourselves

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria: One Step Away From Another Rwanda by EasternLeopard: 10:39pm On Dec 08, 2015
GreatSE:
You know ppl come to Nairaland to tell people that those fighting for Biafra are youths who do not know anything about war, this is a big misinformation, In as much as nobody wants war the Biafra thing cut across all ages including those who have fought war during the civil war, I have an old Biafra commander in my street and he said he is ready for another war if need be, but there wont be war because Biafra will be achieved peacefully.
Nairaland Mods easily post anti-biafra thread on FP and delete pro-Biafra threads thinking they have done some good jobs. Some of them have even ban ppl who have supported the agitation for no reason. But the truth is that their work done is zero.
Different kinds of ppl have written articles especially my brothers from South west on the disadvantages of biafra even going as far as crying more than the bereaved.
Igbos have seen the future and have seen there is no future for their children and children's children in the Nigerian Set-up, those trying to convince ppl against biafra have don ZERO work-done, its now more of believe and a movement than a theory. My ppl from the south west should look beyond hanging on surviving by the help of Igbos being in Nigeria, they should plan for the future of their children instead of trying to discourage those who have seen the future and are about to achieve what they want.

Writing thousand of articles in NL and deleting pro Biafra topics will not change anything, mark my work
Biafra will come whether NNAMDI Kanu is dead or alive but it will come peacefully. Igbos have come of age and will never fight war in our backyard any more, peaceful protesters are taking bullet now for no reason but they will still remain peaceful. There are many ways to kill a rat and there are many ways to fight a war, IPOB will exhaust the safest ways first, and by grace of God we will get Biafra before we exhaust them.
Good luck to Our Yoruba brother for their One Nigeria project but Count IGBOS out. Your Numerous tricks have failed over the years, No amount of articles and propaganda will change things right now. Let a sleeping dog lie and face your own problems.

God bless you

The mods are quick to remove pro Biafra threads but do nothing about anti Biafra threads

I ask myself, were is the balance in discussion.

SEUN

Talk to your mods

A good media or social platform gives room to all sides to air their views no matter how harsh it is

Mr SEUN, if you don't want pro Biafra threads then don't entertain anti Biafra threads.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria: One Step Away From Another Rwanda by Nobody: 11:09pm On Dec 08, 2015
biodunid:
And don't be so sure you won't get the same gang up against Igbos this time around the way you have perfected the art of creating enemies and estranging friends. I make the last point as a Yoruba who married an Igbo woman of my own freewill.
I don't care who you married.... And for the records, no self-respecting Igbo woman would end up in the house of hateful Yorubas. What annoys me most is the misguided thinking that 1967 would ever repeat itself again.

This was the same thing that happened in Rwanda. The Tutsies always thought it was done and dusted. They were used to having the upper hand till the massacres started. You guys should be careful. Igbos haven't forgotten yet. You don't take a fight to such a person.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria: One Step Away From Another Rwanda by EasternLeopard: 11:15pm On Dec 08, 2015
ofenmanucom:
I don't care who you married.... And for the records, no self-respecting Igbo woman would end up in the house of hateful Yorubas. What annoys me most is the misguided thinking that 1967 would ever repeat itself again.

This was the same thing that happened in Rwanda. The Tutsies always thought it was done and dusted. They were used to having the upper hand till the massacres started. You guys should be careful. Igbos haven't forgotten yet. You don't take a fight to such a person.

God bless you my friend

Even the North are respecting themselves where the Igbos are unlike their slaves who keep instigating war not knowing if the Igbos will face their swords toward them and leave their masters in peace

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria: One Step Away From Another Rwanda by coolzeal(m): 12:16am On Dec 09, 2015
'Liberty or Death' is what brought the freedom of the Americans from the British.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria: One Step Away From Another Rwanda by biodunid: 7:09am On Dec 09, 2015
GEJ borrowed $1b to fight earlier this year yet he couldn't stand BH since as we all now know the money meant for guns was spent on campaigning and settlement. The fact that a clueless govt couldn't stand BH doesn't mean naija can't stand BH or fight a war if it has to. And that is why we needed #Change!

kernel504:

BEEN BIASED SHOULDN'T MAKE YOU DUMB, HOW CAN YOU PLAY DOWN FACTS FROM WIKIPEDIA?... DO YOU THINK AM DOING SAHARA REPORTING?

OIL PRICE IS DROPPING, WITH NIGERIA FOREIGN DEBT ON THE RISE, DEPLETED FOREIGN RESERVE... LOOK, IF NIGERIA CAN'T STAND BOKO HARAM WITH LESS THAN 100,000 WARRIORS NA 40 MILLION BIAFRAN SOLDIERS THEY WAN WIN... HAHAHAHA.
SINCE YOU DON'T KNOW THAT NIGERIA CAN'T FUND WAR NOW, THE LAST TIME BUHARI HAD TO BORROW FROM IMF, WAIT OH, YOU WAN BORROW GO FIGHT?

BELIEVE ME YOU'VE NOT READ NIGERIA BUDGET AT ALL.
Re: Nigeria: One Step Away From Another Rwanda by biodunid: 7:11am On Dec 09, 2015
The way you have been taking care of yourselves in the last six decades?

meforyou1:
coward, worry about your yoruba brothers in the north and leave. We are igbos, we will take care of ourselves
Re: Nigeria: One Step Away From Another Rwanda by biodunid: 7:13am On Dec 09, 2015
Even those high on dope and tales by moonlight have seen the light:

https://www.nairaland.com/2789571/ipob-massob-suspend-pro-biafra-protests
Re: Nigeria: One Step Away From Another Rwanda by biodunid: 7:16am On Dec 09, 2015
Self respecting or not today she can buy and sell you and has hundreds of your unfortunate kinsmen back home on her scholarship scheme. I don't think all the ezes gave her all those titles because she lacked self respect.

If despite preparing for a reprise for 45 years you still have to make 90% of your wealth from those hated regions then it might be time for you to accept that oga na master.

ofenmanucom:

Re: Nigeria: One Step Away From Another Rwanda by Nobody: 8:21am On Dec 09, 2015
biodunid:
Self respecting or not today she can buy and sell you and has hundreds of your unfortunate kinsmen back home on her scholarship scheme. I don't think all the ezes gave her all those titles because she lacked self respect.

If despite preparing for a reprise for 45 years you still have to make 90% of your wealth from those hated regions then it might be time for you to accept that oga na master.
Those UNFORTUNATE kinsmen back home wouldn't be so happy reading this tripe from their supposed 'generous' inlaw. You have absolutely no respect for them and your so-called wife. You probably believe you did her alot of favour by marrying her. Still validates my earlier assertion. No self-respecting Igbo woman would find herself in the house of hateful Yoruba. She definitely must have done it because of the filthy lure of lucre. I said it already, Yorubas and Igbos have nothing in common and should never inter-marry. It is an abberation and an abuse of the institution of marriage.

Secondly, the Chinese, Lebanese, the Europeans and the Igbos are all around the world doing business. It has nothing to do with love or loyalty. It's purely a capitalist quest for enterprise. It shows a high level of competitiveness. Your inability to explore and expand your frontiers beyond the immediate confines of your comfort zone is not my fault. That you're unable to compete is nobody's making! I dont have to show gratitude for investing and paying taxes in your land. I mean that's a crazy way to think.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria: One Step Away From Another Rwanda by kernel504(m): 8:58am On Dec 09, 2015
biodunid:
GEJ borrowed $1b to fight earlier this year yet he couldn't stand BH since as we all now know the money meant for guns was spent on campaigning and settlement. The fact that a clueless govt couldn't stand BH doesn't mean naija can't stand BH or fight a war if it has to. And that is why we needed #Change!

SINCE YOU ARE NOW SHIFTING GROUND FROM THE BORN OF CONTENTION, GOOD.
AM NOT PRO JONATHAN, BUT BUHARI HAS FAILED BY MANY INDICES.
ONE... OVER SIX MONTHS, HE GAVE BOKO HARAM TWO DEADLINES ALL TO NO AVAIL, IS HE OUT OF IDEALS OR AMORMIES?

FULANIS ARE NOW WORLD DEALIEST GROUP, UNDER BUHARI, THANKS FOR BIRTING NEW MILITIAS.
Re: Nigeria: One Step Away From Another Rwanda by kernel504(m): 9:08am On Dec 09, 2015
biodunid:

OGA NA MASTER, WHY IS IT THAT ALL WESTERN STATES ARE LIVING ON LOANS AND BAILOUTS, WHILE WE (EAST) KEEP GENERATING OURS?
IMAGINE THE BROWN- ZINC-LOOK OF THE WEST OUTSIDE LAGOS, HAVE YOU SEEN ANYTHING LIKE THAT IN THE EAST, AND WHICH STATE?
Re: Nigeria: One Step Away From Another Rwanda by oshyno(m): 10:02am On Dec 09, 2015
The Op goofed aand made some point which has always formed the bases why many elites have not really alignedwith Kanu.

Biafra cannot and shud never be equated to Rwanda. They are very opposite things.

I agree with d writer that " when we get the Biafra we will know what to do" is d major reason soo many educated n rich people are not behind Kanu. I like Kanu's motives but d way hez going about it is wrong. We have d likes of Ezeife, Soludo, Peter Obi, chukwumerije and soo many seasoned Igbo elders that truelly love ndi igbo. He shud not be going about it like a dictator like he knows all. Let him consult n conscript these guyz. Let him have Ipob elders that he delibrates wit and fassion out hw Igboland will look like. These are the thing he will use to convince us that staying on our own is better than with Nigeria.

What kind of constitution are we going to run. SS states are afraid of being part of Baifra bcuz they feel we are joining them bcuz of their oil. A clear cut policies of hw d Biafra as a federation shud run will assuage their fear and I believe they wud prefer to be part of Baifra than what Nigeria is offering. These are what is lacking in d present biafra struggle. I am nwa afor igbo but I can't follow somebody I don't know where he is going. Kanu has radio trhough which he can deseminate these information n win guyz over. I just wonder why hez not exploring that.
Re: Nigeria: One Step Away From Another Rwanda by biodunid: 3:12pm On Dec 09, 2015
This piece by a foreign policy veteran thinks otherwise: http://news.yahoo.com/boko-haram-wounded-dangerous-154330580.html

kernel504:

SINCE YOU ARE NOW SHIFTING GROUND FROM THE BORN OF CONTENTION, GOOD.
AM NOT PRO JONATHAN, BUT BUHARI HAS FAILED BY MANY INDICES.
ONE... OVER SIX MONTHS, HE GAVE BOKO HARAM TWO DEADLINES ALL TO NO AVAIL, IS HE OUT OF IDEALS OR AMORMIES?

FULANIS ARE NOW WORLD DEALIEST GROUP, UNDER BUHARI, THANKS FOR BIRTING NEW MILITIAS.
Re: Nigeria: One Step Away From Another Rwanda by biodunid: 3:26pm On Dec 09, 2015
I actually went to the SE to snatch her from under the noses of boastful layabouts like you so, so much for Yorubas not venturing beyond their blessed land. You said she lacked self respect and I proved to you that she is what even you would regard as successful considering how many of your kind she feeds. Most of the unfortunate kinsmen are too busy carrying Biafra placards to be unhappy about me stating things the way they are.

If I can make billions from my own territory why would I go to struggle for scraps in your territory? How many Igbos of substance do you know who made their money in the SE? If even Igbos can't make money in Igboland why would I go seek water from a stone? You can turn necessity into a virtue from now till kingdom come but we all know why you are so far from home: not love or adventurism but plain desperation. The shame is you being too deluded and boastful to just make your money in peace. You must tell us all how much of a favour you are doing us by making money from us.

Your ingratitude poisoned your young ones and today they are running about the streets making illogical demands that you DARE not bring to pass. In PMB's shoes I would INSIST you have that referendum and ensure it is conducted by the UN just to make sure you don't have anything to hide under when the results come out. When your wish is granted I shall go further to grant you all two year work permits in the rest of naija after which you must all return to the 29,000 square kilometres of the SE and apply for work permits from there. Of course you will have to queue behind Ghanaians and other less antagonistic Africans. Even the Lebanese will be preferred over you since they at least know where their bread is buttered and aren't so openly full of vile insults for their gracious hosts.

Be very careful what you wish for as you just might get it.

ofenmanucom:
Those UNFORTUNATE kinsmen back home wouldn't be so happy reading this tripe from their supposed 'generous' inlaw. You have absolutely no respect for them and your so-called wife. You probably believe you did her alot of favour by marrying her. Still validates my earlier assertion. No self-respecting Igbo woman would find herself in the house of hateful Yoruba. She definitely must have done it because of the filthy lure of lucre. I said it already, Yorubas and Igbos have nothing in common and should never inter-marry. It is an abberation and an abuse of the institution of marriage.

Secondly, the Chinese, Lebanese, the Europeans and the Igbos are all around the world doing business. It has nothing to do with love or loyalty. It's purely a capitalist quest for enterprise. It shows a high level of competitiveness. Your inability to explore and expand your frontiers beyond the immediate confines of your comfort zone is not my fault. That you're unable to compete is nobody's making! I dont have to show gratitude for investing and paying taxes in your land. I mean that's a crazy way to think.
Re: Nigeria: One Step Away From Another Rwanda by kernel504(m): 3:31pm On Dec 09, 2015
biodunid:
This piece by a foreign policy veteran thinks otherwise: http://news.yahoo.com/boko-haram-wounded-dangerous-154330580.html

Boko Haram destroys Nigerian military base; 107 troops MIA

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/ap/article-3339687/Boko-Haram-destroys-Nigerian-military-base-107-troops-MIA.html

IF THEY'VE BEEN DEALTH WITH, HOW COME LIA MUHAMMAD SAID "WE WILL STILL BE SEEING BOMBING", WHAT EXACTLY DID THEY ACHIEVE THAT JONATHAN'S REGIME FAILED TO ACHIEVE?
Re: Nigeria: One Step Away From Another Rwanda by Nobody: 9:41pm On Dec 09, 2015
biodunid:
I actually went to the SE to snatch her from under the noses of boastful layabouts like you so, so much for Yorubas not venturing beyond their blessed land. You said she lacked self respect and I proved to you that she is what even you would regard as successful considering how many of your kind she feeds. Most of the unfortunate kinsmen are too busy carrying Biafra placards to be unhappy about me stating things the way they are.

If I can make billions from my own territory why would I go to struggle for scraps in your territory? How many Igbos of substance do you know who made their money in the SE? If even Igbos can't make money in Igboland why would I go seek water from a stone? You can turn necessity into a virtue from now till kingdom come but we all know why you are so far from home: not love or adventurism but plain desperation. The shame is you being too deluded and boastful to just make your money in peace. You must tell us all how much of a favour you are doing us by making money from us.

Your ingratitude poisoned your young ones and today they are running about the streets making illogical demands that you DARE not bring to pass. In PMB's shoes I would INSIST you have that referendum and ensure it is conducted by the UN just to make sure you don't have anything to hide under when the results come out. When your wish is granted I shall go further to grant you all two year work permits in the rest of naija after which you must all return to the 29,000 square kilometres of the SE and apply for work permits from there. Of course you will have to queue behind Ghanaians and other less antagonistic Africans. Even the Lebanese will be preferred over you since they at least know where their bread is buttered and aren't so openly full of vile insults for their gracious hosts.

Be very careful what you wish for as you just might get it.

Is your low self-esteem wife actually aware that you're filled with so much disdain, bile and hatred for his kinsmen and the Igbo nation at large?

I still am yet to fathom out why Yoruba people are so interested in Igbos staying put in Nigeria. This shameless show of insecurity is nauseating. Why cry more than the bereaved? Why worry so much about what happens to Biafra/Biafrans post-Nigeria?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

PDP: Sheriff Loses To Makarfi At Supreme Court / The Truth About The Hausas / I Will Liberate Nigeria From Poverty, Economic Stagnation, Says Ezekwesili

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.