Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,592 members, 7,955,177 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 06:51 PM

Do Polygamists Wear Wedding Rings? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Do Polygamists Wear Wedding Rings? (8887 Views)

Are Men Naturally Polygamists? / Why Must Only The Married Women Wear Wedding Rings But Not The Men? / Are Men Up To Something When They Fail To Wear Wedding Bands?: Vote (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Polygamists Wear Wedding Rings? by AloyEmeka9: 7:16am On Jun 02, 2009
Do polygamists wear wedding ring?.
Re: Do Polygamists Wear Wedding Rings? by Outstrip(f): 6:37pm On Jun 02, 2009
Isn't marriage jewelry a borrowed tradition. I don't think our tradition does that. In fact as far as nigerian culture is concerned the woman is like the cow in the barn or the couch he sits and farts on while he stretches out his leg and scratches his balls.
Re: Do Polygamists Wear Wedding Rings? by ifyalways(f): 6:43pm On Jun 02, 2009
Outstrip:

Isn't marriage jewelry a borrowed tradition. I don't think our tradition does that. In fact as far as nigerian culture is concerned the woman is like the cow in the barn or the couch he sits and farts on while he stretches out his leg and scratches his balls.
rofl cheesy cheesy cheesy
@Topic,i have seen some wearing some very weird looking rings.lol
I guess they want to be recognized as married women so they go out of their way to get anyhow ring @ Oshodi-oke and plaster it at their fourth finger.
Re: Do Polygamists Wear Wedding Rings? by AloyEmeka9: 1:44am On Jun 03, 2009
In fact as far as nigerian culture is concerned[b] the woman is like the cow in the barn or the couch he sits and farts on while he stretches out his leg and scratches his balls.[/b]
grin grin grin you no well.
Re: Do Polygamists Wear Wedding Rings? by donjon: 12:14pm On Jun 03, 2009
Why not!
If a man marries 4 wives, all the wives would each wear their individual rings, while the husband would only wear the ring of his most favourite wife @ any given time.
Re: Do Polygamists Wear Wedding Rings? by Nezan(m): 12:23pm On Jun 03, 2009
Polygamists dont wed, they simply get married,,,,, grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Do Polygamists Wear Wedding Rings? by boladonas(m): 1:37pm On Jun 03, 2009
Nezan:

Polygamists dont wed, they simply get married,,,,, grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt]In fact a true polygamist, has no wife!!!
He has plenty of women.
[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]
[/font]
Re: Do Polygamists Wear Wedding Rings? by oludashmi(f): 2:09pm On Jun 03, 2009
Some polygamists do even though majority of them are not married.

4 out of every 10 wedding rings you come across have their bride prices paid while the remaining picked theirs by the roadside and might never have their bride prices paid for life.

As a matter of fact, without a bride price, a woman is not married to a man she is only satisfying the man and fulfilling the purpose of multiplication on earth.
Re: Do Polygamists Wear Wedding Rings? by Lagosboy: 2:27pm On Jun 03, 2009
Of course each wife will have her wedding ring and the man will have one ring at any time. There is no complication in it at all.
Re: Do Polygamists Wear Wedding Rings? by Fhemmmy: 2:40pm On Jun 03, 2009
i am sure they can chose to wear it, but the ring will be with the first wife and not the rest of the women.
also, real wedding, i blv is only for the first wife and not the other
Re: Do Polygamists Wear Wedding Rings? by Ilelobola: 2:51pm On Jun 03, 2009
Fhemmmy:

i am sure they can chose to wear it, but the ring will be with the first wife and not the rest of the women.
also, real wedding, i blv is only for the first wife and not the other

Depends on who he takes to the Registry as he is only actually married to that person; all others are mistress/common-law wives (if that term exists in Nigeria)

'@ Poster
I've seen women in polygamous marriages wear it, makes them feel married even if they are not. Why a man would marry more than one wife or a woman allow herself to be anything but the only wife beats me.
Re: Do Polygamists Wear Wedding Rings? by AloyEmeka9: 3:29pm On Jun 03, 2009
Should the man wear one ring too or multiple rings commensurate with the number of wives in his harem?
Re: Do Polygamists Wear Wedding Rings? by Fhemmmy: 3:46pm On Jun 03, 2009
Ilelobola:

Depends on who he takes to the Registry as he is only actually married to that person; all others are mistress/common-law wives (if that term exists in Nigeria)

'@ Poster
I've seen women in polygamous marriages wear it, makes them feel married even if they are not. Why a man would marry more than one wife or a woman allow herself to be anything but the only wife beats me.

sometimes, i think it is the situation of things that makes the woman to settle for less.
there are not much good men out there and the time is coming when ladies will beg the man to just let them answer his names.
Re: Do Polygamists Wear Wedding Rings? by donjon: 4:05pm On Jun 03, 2009
Even the whites do it, and will soon legalise polygamy!
Re: Do Polygamists Wear Wedding Rings? by Fhemmmy: 4:07pm On Jun 03, 2009
I so much blv in that.
Since they are legalizing gay marriage, polygamy will be next.
And i am so sure that many men will run to the alter with another woman.
Re: Do Polygamists Wear Wedding Rings? by Igwe9(m): 6:02pm On Jun 03, 2009
what an interesting topic, I have to call a friend and find out. smiley smiley
Re: Do Polygamists Wear Wedding Rings? by MaiSuya(m): 6:41pm On Jun 03, 2009
Most polygamists(the husband) I've seen wear just one ring.
Re: Do Polygamists Wear Wedding Rings? by seancole: 7:09pm On Jun 03, 2009
they do, because thesedays rings are exchanged during traditional marriage ceremony and every bride wants to be identified with one.
Re: Do Polygamists Wear Wedding Rings? by royalicon(m): 9:38pm On Jun 03, 2009
if a man has 4 wifes, all the wifes will have their rings on, then the man should put on all the 4 rings at once grin
Re: Do Polygamists Wear Wedding Rings? by Fhemmmy: 10:05pm On Jun 03, 2009
royalicon:

if a man has 4 wifes, all the wifes will have their rings on, then the man should put on all the 4 rings at once grin

that is a funny one and i guess Abiola ought to be buried with lots of rings then, and that would probably make the casket sink.
Re: Do Polygamists Wear Wedding Rings? by MrCrackles(m): 10:09pm On Jun 03, 2009
Yeah they do!
Re: Do Polygamists Wear Wedding Rings? by sosisi(f): 10:11pm On Jun 03, 2009
boladonas:

[size=24pt]In fact a true polygamist, has no wife!!!

He has plenty of women[/size]

This is the best post on this thread so far.
This is so true
permit me to use it as my sig.
Re: Do Polygamists Wear Wedding Rings? by touchmeder: 7:37am On Jun 04, 2009
Do most naija men wear rings sef talkless of polygamist?
Unless ure a Christ embassy member
Re: Do Polygamists Wear Wedding Rings? by donjon: 8:17am On Jun 04, 2009
Wetin bring dat church mata come here? Na
Re: Do Polygamists Wear Wedding Rings? by AloyEmeka9: 9:02am On Jun 04, 2009
Of course each wife will have her wedding ring and the man will have one ring at any time. There is no complication in it at all.
Do they get engaged?
Re: Do Polygamists Wear Wedding Rings? by wallex73(m): 9:48am On Jun 04, 2009
This is no doubt an interesting topic and it will no doubt provide me the needed opportunity to say a few things about polygamy. I cannot but always wonder why we as African cannot most of the time maintain our identity,our culture and values. We always want to toe the line of westerners and doing all they do that has to do with their culture and traditions. From time immemorial,our fore-fathers are polygamist in nature and things were a lot better during their time than now. One can hardly hear about divorce or unfaithfulness but what do we have on our hands today? Divorcee all the places. When are we going to embrace what is ours and do away with western values that negates our culture? A white man or woman gets married today and tommorow you see hi/her going to court for divorce and re-marrying again. What do we call such man or woman? They can give the flimsiest of reason for divorcing all in a bid to go into their adultrous relationship.

Rather than do that,is it not better to have different sizes and shapes you need in a woman as wives for yourself if you can afford it as long as the women have no objection to being in the relationship. Millions of weeding rings has been thrown into the lagoon as a result of infidelity. What then is so special about wearing this ring or not wearing it? Going spiritual,i want to add that most of the people God most loved in the holy bible are even polygamist. God is really not concerned about how many wife you have or do not have but only concerned himself with your heart. Ring is never an issue,please.
Re: Do Polygamists Wear Wedding Rings? by Lagosboy: 10:08am On Jun 04, 2009
wallex73:

This is no doubt an interesting topic and it will no doubt provide me the needed opportunity to say a few things about polygamy. I cannot but always wonder why we as African cannot most of the time maintain our identity,our culture and values. We always want to toe the line of westerners and doing all they do that has to do with their culture and traditions. From time immemorial,our fore-fathers are polygamist in nature and things were a lot better during their time than now. One can hardly hear about divorce or unfaithfulness but what do we have on our hands today? Divorcee all the places. When are we going to embrace what is ours and do away with western values that negates our culture? A white man or woman gets married today and tommorow you see hi/her going to court for divorce and re-marrying again. What do we call such man or woman? They can give the flimsiest of reason for divorcing all in a bid to go into their adultrous relationship.

Rather than do that,is it not better to have different sizes and shapes you need in a woman as wives for yourself if you can afford it as long as the women have no objection to being in the relationship. Millions of weeding rings has been thrown into the lagoon as a result of infidelity. What then is so special about wearing this ring or not wearing it? Going spiritual,i want to add that most of the people God most loved in the holy bible are even polygamist. God is really not concerned about how many wife you have or do not have but only concerned himself with your heart. Ring is never an issue,please.

Talk of a realist!!! i love people who face reality and are practical.

All these people clamouring for monogamy have several concubines and many girls will date married men otherwise how are these married men having girlfirends in the first insatnce. If you can sleep with a married man, enjoy his money it is hypocritical to condemn polygamy.

Aloy.Emeka:

Do they get engaged?

Some do some dont , it depends on the culture, religion and so on. The ring is not an issue of importance at all as far as i am concerned for men especially. How many of our fathers wear wedding rings lets look inwards first.
Re: Do Polygamists Wear Wedding Rings? by Nobody: 11:28am On Jun 04, 2009
So many women, so much wanted not to be single, bible said so-a man will have with so many women like 7, wives or concubines. Wars are making too many women available for all sorts of things. Men enjoy them and suffer from them.Rings make no sense to the bearer only that women use it to intimidate yet-to-be-married women, you a man can't do that to me, we sabi say hin dey for hell sef. Other men with or without it, still do shit and go after women who wear them.Some married people have them on when cheating or beating.
Re: Do Polygamists Wear Wedding Rings? by JJYOU: 11:45am On Jun 04, 2009
Lagosboy:

Lagosboy:

Talk of a realist!!! i love people who face reality and are practical.

All these people clamouring for monogamy have several concubines and many girls will date married men otherwise how are these married men having girlfirends in the first insatnce. If you can sleep with a married man, enjoy his money it is hypocritical to condemn polygamy.

Some do some dont , it depends on the culture, religion and so on. The ring is not an issue of importance at all as far as i am concerned for men especially. How many of our fathers wear wedding rings lets look inwards first.
trust u to represent the flag well
wallex73:

you must be a mujahadeen.
Re: Do Polygamists Wear Wedding Rings? by Lagosboy: 12:53pm On Jun 04, 2009
JJYOU:

trust u to represent the flag well.

egbon na true talk o nothing do polygamy jare, its better than having concubines and girlfriends. grin grin grin
Re: Do Polygamists Wear Wedding Rings? by Ben13: 2:26pm On Jun 04, 2009
Polygamy is never preferred to having concubines & gurlfrends
Re: Do Polygamists Wear Wedding Rings? by Fhemmmy: 2:30pm On Jun 04, 2009
Ben20001:

Polygamy is never preferred to having concubines & gurlfrends

Go and ask women that are married to men that has babes all over the place, they will tell you they will rather deal with devil they know, rather than the unknown meeting in some hotels.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Solved / My Brother Is An Acoholic, I Need Help! / Your Marriage Is A Fraud!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.