Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,256 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:05 AM

Do Polygamists Wear Wedding Rings? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Do Polygamists Wear Wedding Rings? (8704 Views)

Are Men Naturally Polygamists? / Why Must Only The Married Women Wear Wedding Rings But Not The Men? / Are Men Up To Something When They Fail To Wear Wedding Bands?: Vote (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Polygamists Wear Wedding Rings? by C2H5OH(f): 1:41am On Jun 08, 2009
The love of my life will soon come. i'm working on it.
Re: Do Polygamists Wear Wedding Rings? by Nobody: 1:48am On Jun 08, 2009
C2H5OH:

The love of my life will soon come. i'm working on it.
*giggles* and how do you wish to accomplish that?
Re: Do Polygamists Wear Wedding Rings? by C2H5OH(f): 1:50am On Jun 08, 2009
Patience, and observance. I have come close once but had to turn it down for a reason.
Re: Do Polygamists Wear Wedding Rings? by Nobody: 1:56am On Jun 08, 2009
What was the reason? Permit me to ask
Re: Do Polygamists Wear Wedding Rings? by C2H5OH(f): 2:09am On Jun 08, 2009
That's the right question.
Re: Do Polygamists Wear Wedding Rings? by Nobody: 2:35am On Jun 08, 2009
C2H5OH:

That's the right question.
Thank you, so you know I expect the right answer
Re: Do Polygamists Wear Wedding Rings? by C2H5OH(f): 2:36am On Jun 08, 2009
Unfortunately, my responses are limited.
Re: Do Polygamists Wear Wedding Rings? by Nobody: 2:40am On Jun 08, 2009
Ok. I won't force you.
Re: Do Polygamists Wear Wedding Rings? by Lagosboy: 8:51am On Jun 08, 2009
FL Gators:

1. I assume that no woman with good paying job would marry into a polygamous family, therefore, na the dependent woman who would do say.

Not neccessarily true, I have seen loads of women with good jobs and good business become 2nd wives. Even here in the UK i have seen women become 2nd wives and not for anything financial. In Nigeria i used to know a lady with a fabulous career but no husband and when she hit the age of like 34/35 she chose to become a 2nd wife and happily married for the last 10 yrs with no regrets.

I also know of a British lady that wanted to marry a someone i know as a 2nd wife and she was probably richer than him.

What many women here fail to realise is as long as there are women willing to be 2nd wives , nothing will eradicate polygame and the truth is from now till eternity there will be women all over the world willing to marry a married man. Lets face reality and accept the harsh truth.
Re: Do Polygamists Wear Wedding Rings? by GeorgeD1(m): 10:45pm On Jun 08, 2009
prittigrrr:

so, it's wrong until itt's made right

no, sister. it was never wrong in the first place.
Re: Do Polygamists Wear Wedding Rings? by rokstok: 1:49pm On Jun 09, 2009
Wedding Rings  -  Rokstok's Wedding ring Design Team combines the latest design technology with over 40 years experience to create unique wedding ring, custom handcrafted jewelry. With your inspiration, there are no limitations to the custom jewelry we can create. You can design your own engagement ring, custom wedding bands, or simply create a personalized gift for a loved one. We'll always remain true to your vision and use the finest quality craftsmanship. visit http://www.rokstok.com/ for more information.
Re: Do Polygamists Wear Wedding Rings? by spikedcylinder: 2:06pm On Jun 09, 2009
Rokstok, you're right on the money. Some of the polygamists on here will be contacting you.
Re: Do Polygamists Wear Wedding Rings? by Nezan(m): 3:21pm On Jun 09, 2009
rokstok:

Wedding Rings  -  Rokstok's Wedding ring Design Team combines the latest design technology with over 40 years experience to create unique wedding ring, custom handcrafted jewelry. With your inspiration, there are no limitations to the custom jewelry we can create. You can design your own engagement ring, custom wedding bands, or simply create a personalized gift for a loved one. We'll always remain true to your vision and use the finest quality craftsmanship. visit http://www.rokstok.com/ for more information.
grin grin grin grin grin grin ,,,,,,,,,,out of Naija,,,,,,,,
Re: Do Polygamists Wear Wedding Rings? by GeorgeD1(m): 3:43pm On Jun 09, 2009
@rokstok,
what's the idea with the free advert? is this an indirect encouragement for some of
us to marry more than one wives so that we can buy more wedding rings from you, or are you
giving us one for two? grin
Re: Do Polygamists Wear Wedding Rings? by Nezan(m): 10:48am On Jun 10, 2009
George_D:

@rokstok,
what's the idea with the free advert? is this an indirect encouragement for some of
us to marry more than one wives so that we can buy more wedding rings from you, or are you
giving us one for two? grin

e tire me-o grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Do Polygamists Wear Wedding Rings? by prittigrrr(f): 2:39pm On Jun 10, 2009
@George D: I'm still confused.
Re: Do Polygamists Wear Wedding Rings? by GeorgeD1(m): 8:44pm On Jun 10, 2009
i'm sorry, confused about what?
Re: Do Polygamists Wear Wedding Rings? by Nobody: 9:39pm On Jun 10, 2009
Lagosboy:

Not neccessarily true, I have seen loads of women with good jobs and good business become 2nd wives. Even here in the UK i have seen women become 2nd wives and not for anything financial. In Nigeria i used to know a lady with a fabulous career but no husband and when she hit the age of like 34/35 she chose to become a 2nd wife and happily married for the last 10 yrs with no regrets.

I also know of a British lady that wanted to marry a someone i know as a 2nd wife and she was probably richer than him.

What many women here fail to realise is as long as there are women willing to be 2nd wives , nothing will eradicate polygame and the truth is from now till eternity there will be women all over the world willing to marry a married man. Lets face reality and accept the harsh truth.
Polygamy is allowed in UK?
Re: Do Polygamists Wear Wedding Rings? by wallex73(m): 4:53am On Jun 11, 2009
Talk of a realist!!! i love people who face reality and are practical.

All these people clamouring for monogamy have several concubines and many girls will date married men otherwise how are these married men having girlfirends in the first insatnce. If you can sleep with a married man, enjoy his money it is hypocritical to condemn polygamy.[quote][/quote]

Thanks jare Lagos boy for supporting the truth. We have not seen anything. The way the world is going,ten or more women will beg a man to marry them and bear his name. Is it not coming to reality as predicted by the Bible?
Re: Do Polygamists Wear Wedding Rings? by GeorgeD1(m): 11:12am On Jun 11, 2009
you're really taking a swipe at our ladies, aren't you?
Re: Do Polygamists Wear Wedding Rings? by AloyEmeka9: 7:33am On Jul 16, 2009

What many women here fail to realise is as long as there are women willing to be 2nd wives , nothing will eradicate polygame and the truth is from now till eternity there will be women all over the world willing to marry a married man
. Lets face reality and accept the harsh truth.
You are so right, lagosboy.
Re: Do Polygamists Wear Wedding Rings? by Fhemmmy: 1:33pm On Jul 16, 2009
wallex73:

Thanks jare Lagos boy for supporting the truth. We have not seen anything. The way the world is going,ten or more women will beg a man to marry them and bear his name. Is it not coming to reality as predicted by the Bible?

Very true.
But soon too, some women will start marrying more than one husband, so men should get ready as well
Re: Do Polygamists Wear Wedding Rings? by lysaa(f): 4:06pm On Jul 16, 2009
seriously, what triggered the post of this thread? Thots? this is some kind of joke o.

But my thot would be, he has an original plain-magnetic ring that holds a small star for each legal wife. undecided
Re: Do Polygamists Wear Wedding Rings? by Fhemmmy: 4:18pm On Jul 16, 2009
lol
Re: Do Polygamists Wear Wedding Rings? by GeorgeD1(m): 4:26pm On Jul 16, 2009
that has been answered before. just wear a ring on each finger as there
are wives! 5 wives, five wedding rings. 10 wives, ten wedding rings, etc
Re: Do Polygamists Wear Wedding Rings? by Shaz(f): 7:42pm On Jul 16, 2009
They sure do. Atleast I know one that does.
Re: Do Polygamists Wear Wedding Rings? by Fhemmmy: 8:27pm On Jul 16, 2009
Shaz:

They sure do. Atleast I know one that does.

How many wives and how many rings?
Re: Do Polygamists Wear Wedding Rings? by Shaz(f): 10:44pm On Jul 16, 2009
2 wifes, a few concubines but one ring. . .
The second wife knows of the first one and accepts the 'terms and conditions' while the 1st wife is living in oblivion.
Re: Do Polygamists Wear Wedding Rings? by GeorgeD1(m): 12:36pm On Jul 17, 2009
this thread is becoming something else o!
Re: Do Polygamists Wear Wedding Rings? by Fhemmmy: 2:19pm On Jul 17, 2009
Shaz:

2 wifes, a few concubines but one ring. . .
The second wife knows of the first one and accepts the 'terms and conditions' while the 1st wife is living in oblivion.

that is not fair, shdnt he be wearing one for each wife?
Re: Do Polygamists Wear Wedding Rings? by GeorgeD1(m): 9:13pm On Jul 21, 2009
he definitely should be wearing one ring for each wife (and concubine)! grin
Re: Do Polygamists Wear Wedding Rings? by Fhemmmy: 9:15pm On Jul 21, 2009
George_D:

he definitely should be wearing one ring for each wife (and concubine)! grin

i second that

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Anyone In Here Got Married In Sha'ban? / How Do You Feel After Sex- For The Married / Ladies Shoes Shop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.