Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,736 members, 7,955,800 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 03:23 PM

Do Polygamists Wear Wedding Rings? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Do Polygamists Wear Wedding Rings? (8888 Views)

Are Men Naturally Polygamists? / Why Must Only The Married Women Wear Wedding Rings But Not The Men? / Are Men Up To Something When They Fail To Wear Wedding Bands?: Vote (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Polygamists Wear Wedding Rings? by Lagosboy: 4:18pm On Jun 04, 2009
No mind them, how many married men can swear to God that they have never had an affair aside their wives,, the answer will be very few and among those very few majority willl be due to them being extraordinary religious, hence have high fear fo God.
Re: Do Polygamists Wear Wedding Rings? by oluite(f): 4:59pm On Jun 04, 2009
maybe 2.1 from from each wife makin 2 if they ar 2 wives.lol
Re: Do Polygamists Wear Wedding Rings? by Fhemmmy: 5:23pm On Jun 04, 2009
Lagosboy:

No mind them, how many married men can swear to God that they have never had an affair aside their wives,, the answer will be very few and among those very few majority willl be due to them being extraordinary religious, hence have high fear fo God.

even the man of God is playing away match
Re: Do Polygamists Wear Wedding Rings? by Ekiti86: 8:40pm On Jun 04, 2009
Well the modern day polygamist would i think. Maybe he/she would feel it is a trendy shit to do in 2009. But as someone said, isn't wearing wedding rings a borrowed tradition from the white man? I think polygamist (the Africans & Arabs) have a way of showing it.
Re: Do Polygamists Wear Wedding Rings? by AloyEmeka9: 4:44am On Jun 05, 2009
I think polygamist (the Africans & Arabs) have a way of showing it.
What way?
Re: Do Polygamists Wear Wedding Rings? by kshow1(m): 11:26am On Jun 05, 2009
NO , i have never seen a polygamist with a wedding ring on the finger.
Re: Do Polygamists Wear Wedding Rings? by Nezan(m): 3:35pm On Jun 06, 2009
polygamy= grin
Re: Do Polygamists Wear Wedding Rings? by GeorgeD1(m): 7:26pm On Jun 06, 2009
maybe they should wear as many rings as the number of wives they have. therefore, two wives=2 rings. three wives=3 rings.
ten wives=10 rings! grin
Re: Do Polygamists Wear Wedding Rings? by spikedcylinder: 8:49pm On Jun 06, 2009
Fhemmmy:

Go and ask women that are married to men that has babes all over the place, they will tell you they will rather deal with devil they know, rather than the unknown meeting in some hotels.

And the polygamists with ten wives in their harem still don't find the time to go to hotels and frolic, huh?
Re: Do Polygamists Wear Wedding Rings? by Outstrip(f): 9:26pm On Jun 06, 2009
spikedcylinder:

And the polygamists with ten wives in their harem still don't find the time to go to hotels and frolic, huh?

I am dissappointed in you o. You are making too much sense how do you expect anybody that advocates polygamy to even be logical.
Re: Do Polygamists Wear Wedding Rings? by GeorgeD1(m): 9:40pm On Jun 06, 2009
it's the age-long chicken and egg problem. hate it, love it, doesn't change anything one bit.
Re: Do Polygamists Wear Wedding Rings? by spikedcylinder: 12:35pm On Jun 07, 2009
Outstrip:

I am dissappointed in you o. You are making too much sense how do you expect anybody that advocates polygamy to even be logical.

Ah! no vex, I wont do it again. cheesy
Re: Do Polygamists Wear Wedding Rings? by prittigrrr(f): 4:36pm On Jun 07, 2009
This is a slight departure. I am an American woman and I want to know if you are a man with a wife, is it ok to court or date other women as long as you ultimately marry her? Or, is it rather that your courtship is really adultery that is seen to be validated once there is a marriage?
Re: Do Polygamists Wear Wedding Rings? by GeorgeD1(m): 7:14pm On Jun 07, 2009
looks like you answered the question yourself, sister. as long as it
ends in marriage everything is nice and ok grin
Re: Do Polygamists Wear Wedding Rings? by prittigrrr(f): 9:51pm On Jun 07, 2009
so, it's wrong until itt's made right
Re: Do Polygamists Wear Wedding Rings? by bawomolo(m): 12:27am On Jun 08, 2009
Outstrip:

what makes you think polygamy advocates are illogical?
Re: Do Polygamists Wear Wedding Rings? by C2H5OH(f): 12:32am On Jun 08, 2009
bawomolo:

what makes you think polygamy advocates are illogical?

Good question.

Maybe it's because she can't counter with a logical rebuttal . . . grin

outstrip oya talk.
Re: Do Polygamists Wear Wedding Rings? by bawomolo(m): 12:34am On Jun 08, 2009
C2H5OH:

Good question.

Maybe it's because she can't counter with a logical rebuttal . . .  grin

outstrip oya talk.

I know, i'm curious to know how the increasingly fragile monogamous relationships of today are ideal or more logical than polygamy.
Re: Do Polygamists Wear Wedding Rings? by C2H5OH(f): 12:36am On Jun 08, 2009
I don't even care to know about all of that. I am only curious to find out why she thinks anyone who advocates polygamy would be illogical undecided .
Re: Do Polygamists Wear Wedding Rings? by Nobody: 12:40am On Jun 08, 2009
@@Post
Yea, but his ring will determine the kind his wives wears.

Same stones and rims.

But then, it depends on how many wives he has, can a man with 20 wives afform 20 expensive rings?
Re: Do Polygamists Wear Wedding Rings? by C2H5OH(f): 12:42am On Jun 08, 2009
Can he afford expensive rings? 

I thought you ladies said it's the love that counts.  Twenty "xpensif" rings wouldn't be so much of a drag for a rich polygamist to buy.
Re: Do Polygamists Wear Wedding Rings? by Nobody: 12:44am On Jun 08, 2009
Yea, love counts for what again? Love ko Love ni.

But how would then the wives "show" that they're not available to preying eyes?

If he can't afford a simple N100,000 ring, then he can't afford to marry more than 1 wife
Re: Do Polygamists Wear Wedding Rings? by C2H5OH(f): 12:48am On Jun 08, 2009
quote author=FL Gators link=topic=278935.msg3992136#msg3992136 date=1244418298]
If he can't afford a simple N100,000 ring, then he can't afford to marry more than 1 wife
[quote][/quote]
If she agreed to marry him he will probably make arrangements to have "a wedding ring" ready for her.
Re: Do Polygamists Wear Wedding Rings? by Nobody: 12:52am On Jun 08, 2009
Tell that to those farmers at home that cant even offer monthly salaries for their wives/ clothes for their children.

I don't get it, why do they have more than one wives?

Is it the love for stress? Mistake while cheating or what?

Seems like the LDC are the polygamous groups.
Re: Do Polygamists Wear Wedding Rings? by C2H5OH(f): 1:05am On Jun 08, 2009
FL Gators:

Tell that to those farmers at home that cant even offer monthly salaries for their wives/ clothes for their children.
Offer monthly salaries to their wives  grin  grin  grin what is it, a job?  grin  grin funny.
Aren't there also couples in monogamous marriages that can't afford to buy pampers for their children.
I agree with you though.  You have no business taking on the multiple headache if you can't provide the support they need to grow.

I don't get it, why do they have more than one wives?
They have agreed to marry him and he wants to marry them  tongue cheeky cheeky
maybe he has a lot of love to go around  grin  grin are you jealous?

Is it the love for stress? Mistake while cheating or what?

Seems like the LDC are the polygamous groups.
okay  undecided
Re: Do Polygamists Wear Wedding Rings? by Nobody: 1:12am On Jun 08, 2009
C2H5OH:

Offer monthly salaries to their wives  grin  grin  grin what is it, a job?  grin  grin funny.
Aren't there also couples in monogamous marriages that can't afford to buy pampers for their children.
I agree with you though.  You have no business taking on the multiple headache if you can't provide the support they need to grow.
1. I assume that no woman with good paying job would marry into a polygamous family, therefore, na the dependent woman who would do say.
The point I'm trying to make is that, if she depends on him for money, then how would a man with more than one wife ba able to support their healthcarre expenses, drawer expenses, college expenses, and stress expenses?

2. Yea, there are families like that, and such situations needs be discouraged. That's why we have children littering the street begging for food and possibly stealing!

C2H5OH:

They have agreed to marry him and he wants to marry them  tongue cheeky cheeky
maybe he has a lot of love to go around  grin  grin are you jealous?okay  undecided
1. Do you beleive in love? If no, then you understand tongue

2. Jealous? lmao, of another woman touching my man in any sexual way?
Yes, I'm very jealous
Re: Do Polygamists Wear Wedding Rings? by Nobody: 1:13am On Jun 08, 2009
~ OMG, cant wait till school start again, I'm making so muchh grammatical errors cry cry ~
Re: Do Polygamists Wear Wedding Rings? by bawomolo(m): 1:18am On Jun 08, 2009

who told you people other than farmers aren't polygamous. Parallel families aren't uncommon in Nigeria.
Re: Do Polygamists Wear Wedding Rings? by C2H5OH(f): 1:23am On Jun 08, 2009
FL Gators:

1. I assume that no woman with good paying job would marry into a polygamous family, therefore, na the dependent woman who would do say.
whaT?
The point I'm trying to make is that, if she depends on him for money, then how would a man with more than one wife ba able to support their healthcarre expenses, drawer expenses, college expenses, and stress expenses?
How does a man with one wife support his? If he has the means to support them I don't see why the wife has a reason to worry.
1. Do you beleive in love? If no, then you understand tongue

2. Jealous? lmao, of another woman touching my man in any sexual way?
Yes, I'm very jealous
I believe in love so I guess I DON'T understand.
Re: Do Polygamists Wear Wedding Rings? by Nobody: 1:30am On Jun 08, 2009
bawomolo:

who told you people other than farmers aren't polygamous. Parallel families aren't uncommon in Nigeria.
It's more common within the upper and lower class. Upper class cause he "mistakenly" knocked her up, had to marry her (if he understands his responsibility)

C2H5OH:

whaT?
Boy, I didn't st. . . st. . . .stutter. You heard me tongue

C2H5OH:

How does a man with one wife support his? If he has the means to support them I don't see why the wife has a reason to worry.
And if he doesn't?
Excuse me, are you encouraging polygamy?

C2H5OH:

I believe in love so I guess I DON'T understand.
awwww *pinches his cheek* so cute.
Wait till it burns like a b*tch!
Re: Do Polygamists Wear Wedding Rings? by C2H5OH(f): 1:35am On Jun 08, 2009
Excuse me, are you encouraging polygamy?
I'm encouraging a happy home. grin
awwww *pinches his cheek* so cute.
Wait till it burns like a b*tch!
I don't need your lecture. I know whassup with it.
Re: Do Polygamists Wear Wedding Rings? by Nobody: 1:40am On Jun 08, 2009
C2H5OH:

I'm encouraging a happy home.
hmmmm. Yes, ofcourse

C2H5OH:

I don't need your lecture. I know whassup with it.

Yes, that's what Ceasar said before they. . . .you know the story

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Brother Is An Acoholic, I Need Help! / Solved / Attracted To Brother-in-law?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.