Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,473 members, 7,816,118 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:28 AM

How Jonathan, Iweala Illegally Diverted N61.4B Abacha Loot To Dasuki - Premium T - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Jonathan, Iweala Illegally Diverted N61.4B Abacha Loot To Dasuki - Premium T (31151 Views)

Abu Ali’s Death: "Why Boko Haram Is Killing More Nigerian Soldiers" - Premium T / Shuaibu Salisu: I Delivered $47m In 11 Suitcases To Dasuki - The Nation / Okonjo-Iweala's Letter To Jonathan Asking For Permission To Send $300m To Dasuki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Jonathan, Iweala Illegally Diverted N61.4B Abacha Loot To Dasuki - Premium T by Pray(m): 5:19pm On Dec 09, 2015
Why waste time jailing the guilty in arms deal scandal. Just kit them and take them to the battle field to fight the insurgents. That's the perfect sentence. If they survive, they are free and if they are killed, so be it.
Re: How Jonathan, Iweala Illegally Diverted N61.4B Abacha Loot To Dasuki - Premium T by otokx(m): 5:20pm On Dec 09, 2015
Let us hear what NOI has to say to this, the response by Dokpesi was quite shocking.
Re: How Jonathan, Iweala Illegally Diverted N61.4B Abacha Loot To Dasuki - Premium T by CioAngels(f): 5:20pm On Dec 09, 2015
Ngozi okonjo iwe-ala you were too smart you think by killing a boss that trusted you so much. World bank, can you see what your staff was into. Madam abijo town.
Re: How Jonathan, Iweala Illegally Diverted N61.4B Abacha Loot To Dasuki - Premium T by Yomboy4ever(m): 5:29pm On Dec 09, 2015
In GEJ voice am not aware of any transfer am hearing dis for d first time. Its shame some pple call him ROLE MODEL.
Re: How Jonathan, Iweala Illegally Diverted N61.4B Abacha Loot To Dasuki - Premium T by Charly68: 5:31pm On Dec 09, 2015
That man was the greatest mistake we ever made in our political history..Infact Obj should ask for forgiveness for his role in bringing the man to power.. No supervision ,no oversight function ..just approval ! approval !! Jona! Jona!! Jona!!! Have you seen yourself ?
Re: How Jonathan, Iweala Illegally Diverted N61.4B Abacha Loot To Dasuki - Premium T by adanny01(m): 5:39pm On Dec 09, 2015
chukwudi44:

So the illiterate Buhari is the one with agenda baa? I guess his agenda will be to drive the naira to exchane N400 to the dollar before he leaves office!! What has he done since he came on board six months ago.

Whether Buhari is an illiterate or not, i support him to do right.

About the dollar. We all know Naira took the beating during GEJ. The reason the Naira took that beating was GEJ. It is the simple principles of demand and supply. Alot of Dollars was taken out of Nigerian CBN and the black market through that last minute corruption of GEJ and his boys. We all know if demand becomes high and there is no matching supply, price will hike. Basic economics, GEJ and Dasuki are responsible. Others are still there. Dont forget a whole room of Dollars was found in Akwa Ibom state government house belonging to Akpabio. Dont also forget that at the heat of preparations for election, there were allegations of huge monies in dollars supposedly being shared as bribe to religous leaders and many others. Do not forget the millions of dollars SA government siezed. And much more i can go on and on. All these monies were cash and that is why Naira lost out.

It is not Buhari who took so much Dollar out of the banks, it was GEJ who authorised it. Until such monies return back into the system, the Naira will never resuscitate.

Please beg your GEJ, Oritsejafor, Iweala, Dasuki, Bafarawa, Dokpesi, Akpabio, Madueke etc to return their stolen dollars for Naira to survive.

Until then, Buhari cant manufacture dollars or do magic.
For now, i am satisfied that the DSS and EFCC is in hot trail of the looted dollars. And also that the CBN banned cash deposit of Dollars so that they looted amount doesnot get legalised through ilegal cash dollar deposits. Money laundering too is checked so that the full hunt will begin for the looters.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Jonathan, Iweala Illegally Diverted N61.4B Abacha Loot To Dasuki - Premium T by osy77(m): 5:40pm On Dec 09, 2015
I would not lend credence to an unsubstantiated newspaper report dat is would amount to hearsay as d reporter retorted dat "he saw" documents in that regard...much as I do not hold brief for Okonjo or the ex presido...but even PMB has not told Nigerians Wat or where d Abacha loot returned by Lithuania was channeled or kept undecided

1 Like

Re: How Jonathan, Iweala Illegally Diverted N61.4B Abacha Loot To Dasuki - Premium T by Torenzi: 5:41pm On Dec 09, 2015
Nawa oooo, may God help Nigeria
Re: How Jonathan, Iweala Illegally Diverted N61.4B Abacha Loot To Dasuki - Premium T by Nobody: 5:43pm On Dec 09, 2015
adanny01:

Whether Buhari is an illiterate or not, i support him to do right.

About the dollar. We all know Naira too the beating during GEJ. The reason the Naira took that beating was GEJ. It is the simple principles of demand and supply. Alot of Dollars was taken out of Nigerian CBN and the black market through that last minute corruption of GEJ and his boys. We all know if demand becomes high and there is no matching supply price will hike. Basic economics and GEJ and Dasuki are responsible. Others are still there. Dont forget a whole room of Dollars was found in Akwa Ibom state government house belonging to Akpabio. Dont also forget that at the heat of preparations for election, there were allegations of huge monies in dollars supposedly being shared as bribe to religous leaders and many others. Do not forget the millions of dollars SA government siezed. And much more i can go on and on. All these monies were cash and that is why Naira lost out.

It is not Buhari who took so much Dollar out of the banks, it was GEJ who authorised it. Until such monies return back into the system, the Naira will never resuscitate.

Please beg your GEJ, Oritsejafor, Iweala, Dasuki, Bafarawa, Dokpesi, Akpabio, Madueke etc to return their stolen dollars for Naira to survive.

Until then, Buhari cant manufacture dollars or do magic.
For now, i am satisfied that the DSS and EFCC is in hot trail of the looted dollars. And also that the CBN banned cash deposit of Dollars so that they looted amount doesnot get legalised through ilegal cash dollar deposits. Money laundering too is checked so that the full hunt will begin for the looters.
spare me your sermons!!!!The naira was exchanging 197 to a dollar before your magician came to power and barely six months now ,it is now exchanging N251 to a dollar!!!

Seee the way you talk as if you were there " a whole room of dollars was found in the AKS govt house" !!! Did the DSS tell youn this? The story that has already been proven to be false!!!

Buhari should take charge of the economy and stop putting his blames on past governments,we are all waiting for him to do the magic he promised
Re: How Jonathan, Iweala Illegally Diverted N61.4B Abacha Loot To Dasuki - Premium T by farem: 5:47pm On Dec 09, 2015
doctokwus:
Please I have been asking for days now:
why is Jonathan still a free man?Its only in a zoo that a man implicated in the worst looting of a nation's resources and the deaths of several fine soldiers,wud still be walking free!
#gejmustfacejustice

An intelligent question!

Let me guess why; First of all, gej will end up in jail.

1. There are a lot cans containing hellish worms and few have just been opened

2. Arresting him will truncate and jeopardize other cases. or what can you do again with a man serving a life sentence?

3. There are political worms who have sold their minds to rise against anything that goes contrary to gej regardless of its truth,. Therefore let his lieutenants-in-stealing expose him themselves

1 Like

Re: How Jonathan, Iweala Illegally Diverted N61.4B Abacha Loot To Dasuki - Premium T by Inoknowbook: 5:48pm On Dec 09, 2015
As far as I'm concerned, Okonjo has no case to answer here. It's a big fat lie for Premium Times to say that under no condition could the executive spend funds that has not been appropriated by the National Assembly. Well, it may interest them to know that there are conditions that will warrant the executive to spend money that was never appropriated. Situations of utter exigencies, like when the country is fighting a war, do warrant, atimes, that monies not appropriated be spent in prosecution of such wars. The reason being that, waiting for the Congress to sit and appropriate the fund, will be inimical to the successful prosecution of the war. The country was/and is still in a war and it would have been inimical and fool hardy for Gej to have waited for the appropriation of the fund by the Congress before releasing it when Boko Haram was almost over running the north east. He had the liberty to spend the money and then seek appropriation retroactively, something Obj did many times during his regime.
Okonjo was in her legal right to release those funds at the time she did. Had she released the fund, let's say for road construction, without appropriation, then, and only then would she be answerable for that. Finally, Reporters should stick to news report instead of dabbling into the legal angles of stories they report.
Re: How Jonathan, Iweala Illegally Diverted N61.4B Abacha Loot To Dasuki - Premium T by Nobody: 5:51pm On Dec 09, 2015
farem:

An intelligent question!

Let me guess why; First of all, gej will end up in jail.

1. There are a lot cans containing hellish worms and few have just been opened

2. Arresting him will truncate and jeopardize other cases. or what can you do again with a man serving a life sentence?

3. There are political worms who have sold their minds to rise against anything that goes contrary to gej regardless of its truth,. Therefore let his lieutenants-in-stealing expose him themselves

Beer palour gist!!! The only reason Buhari has not arrested GEJ is because he needs the oil money from the ND to foot the bills of the FG and for state governments especially poor states like Osun would be able to function without going bankrupt

1 Like

Re: How Jonathan, Iweala Illegally Diverted N61.4B Abacha Loot To Dasuki - Premium T by Nobody: 5:53pm On Dec 09, 2015
Inoknowbook:
As far as I'm concerned, Okonjo has no case to answer here. It's a big fat lie for Premium Times to say that under no condition could the executive spend funds that has not been appropriated by the National Assembly. Well, it may interest them to know that there are conditions that will warrant the executive to spend money that was never appropriated. Situations of utter exigencies, like when the country is fighting a war, do warrant, atimes, that monies not appropriated be spent in prosecution of such wars. The reason being that, waiting for the Congress to sit and appropriate the fund, will be inimical to the successful prosecution of the war. The country was/and is still in a war and it would have been inimical and fool hardy for Gej to have waited for the appropriation of the fund by the Congress before releasing it when Boko Haram was almost over running the north east. He had the liberty to spend the money and then seek appropriation retroactively, something Obj did many times during his regime.
Okonjo was in her legal right to release those funds at the time she did. Had she released the fund, let's say for road construction, without appropriation, then, and only then would she be answerable for that. Finally, Reporters should stick to news report instead of dabbling into the legal angles of stories they report.

well said!! Even in the current administration,buhari also approved the payment of n4013 billion naira as bail out packages for states without recourse to the national assembly!!! As long as those money were not embezzled,no crime was committed
Re: How Jonathan, Iweala Illegally Diverted N61.4B Abacha Loot To Dasuki - Premium T by Mrjo(m): 5:54pm On Dec 09, 2015
I'm conflicted, I really honestly don't want GEJ to be arrested but these guys didn't do well. If they can work out a deal with him where he's secretly questioned, he secretly returns some money I'll be very ok with that. Only problem is as long as these cases are out there, his name will always be mentioned as a part of it.
The fund was given to dasuki nt gej or noi
Re: How Jonathan, Iweala Illegally Diverted N61.4B Abacha Loot To Dasuki - Premium T by Nobody: 5:56pm On Dec 09, 2015
Mrjo:
I'm conflicted, I really honestly don't want GEJ to be arrested but these guys didn't do well. If they can work out a deal with him where he's secretly questioned, he secretly returns some money I'll be very ok with that. Only problem is as long as these cases are out there, his name will always be mentioned as a part of it.
The fund was given to dasuki nt gej or noi

I suppose Buhari would do better secretly working out a deal with OBJ and IBB to return the $16Billion and $12.5Billion funds they embezzled which is much more than the $2.1 billion noise we have been hearing since the last two weeks
Re: How Jonathan, Iweala Illegally Diverted N61.4B Abacha Loot To Dasuki - Premium T by Ejiiree: 5:59pm On Dec 09, 2015
OMG!!! GEJ finished this country. No wonder mama peace kept insisting on 2nd term because she wouldn't want her husband to go to jail. Of course she is aware of the huge damage cause by her criminal husband....God punish all of them o.
Re: How Jonathan, Iweala Illegally Diverted N61.4B Abacha Loot To Dasuki - Premium T by Toks2008(m): 6:00pm On Dec 09, 2015
mrmetoo1:

Gbam!

Just that in as much as Nigerians want this man to be spared,it seems his inclusion in all these revelations are just too much for us to overlook...Too bad
Re: How Jonathan, Iweala Illegally Diverted N61.4B Abacha Loot To Dasuki - Premium T by Mrjo(m): 6:04pm On Dec 09, 2015
That man was the greatest mistake we ever made in our political history..Infact Obj should ask for forgiveness for his role in bringing the man to power.. No supervision ,no oversight function ..just approval ! approval !! Jona! Jona!! Jona!!! Have you seen yourself ?[/quote] if he did nt approve it u wil talk and vice-vascialThat man was the greatest mistake we ever made in our political history..Infact Obj should ask for forgiveness for his role in bringing the man to power.. No supervision ,no oversight function ..just approval ! approval !! Jona! Jona!! Jona!!! Have you seen yourself ?[/quote] if he did nt approve it u wil talk and vice-vascialThat man was the greatest mistake we ever made in our political history..Infact Obj should ask for forgiveness for his role in bringing the man to power.. No supervision ,no oversight function ..just approval ! approval !! Jona! Jona!! Jona!!! Have you seen yourself ?[/quote] if he did nt approve it u wil talk and vice-vascial
Re: How Jonathan, Iweala Illegally Diverted N61.4B Abacha Loot To Dasuki - Premium T by dammytosh: 6:05pm On Dec 09, 2015
To think people keep defending this woman
Re: How Jonathan, Iweala Illegally Diverted N61.4B Abacha Loot To Dasuki - Premium T by Ebenezerk2: 6:20pm On Dec 09, 2015
Abacha didn't loot during his govt - Buhari
Re: How Jonathan, Iweala Illegally Diverted N61.4B Abacha Loot To Dasuki - Premium T by carboblanko(m): 6:21pm On Dec 09, 2015
seunmsg:

She approved the payment of billions of naira without National assembly's appropriation, that's a clear violation of the constitution and federal governments financial regulations. That's not so smart if you ask me.
Spot on bro. I've always wondered what kind of Finance Minister NOI was. And she is a Harvard Alumni?. Hmm. OK o. undecided
Re: How Jonathan, Iweala Illegally Diverted N61.4B Abacha Loot To Dasuki - Premium T by Jabioro: 6:25pm On Dec 09, 2015
I know that pofupofu old chick will be involved ..all this oyinbo award is just to grace her before the world,because the lootetd fund repatriated has been looted back to them..You see the Oyinbos are aiding and abetting in our country with the help the sick madan ex_minister of nonsense. She is not working for her country favor ,she is a mole from IMF

1 Like

Re: How Jonathan, Iweala Illegally Diverted N61.4B Abacha Loot To Dasuki - Premium T by seunmsg(m): 6:25pm On Dec 09, 2015
callmenow:

This explanation is putrid, lame and very annoying. Can you withdraw this your nauseating commentary from this forum. Why are you trying to tell us something that has so many interpretations, meaning and semantics. Your explanation is plumbing new depths in 'dumbness'. Please read up on appropriation. Obasanjo and Umar YAR'ADUA all moved money around in times of emergency. So has Buhari. But that is not the issue. My bone of contention is the mob mentality of people in these fora.

If you understand the meaning of appropriation and its significance, you won't come here and be spewing shiit. Beside, please provide an instance each were OBJ and Yar'adua spend huge sums of money without appropriation. Finally, do you know about the existence of the contingency fund and its uses? Please, get yourself educated on how public finance is run before coming on a public forum to display your ignorance.
Re: How Jonathan, Iweala Illegally Diverted N61.4B Abacha Loot To Dasuki - Premium T by lumeneng22: 6:37pm On Dec 09, 2015
The next thing now is for dasuki to join APC and pmb will make him a minister because his case is still in court and has not been prove guilty of these charges. Who I'd fooling who?
Re: How Jonathan, Iweala Illegally Diverted N61.4B Abacha Loot To Dasuki - Premium T by callmenow: 6:49pm On Dec 09, 2015
seunmsg:

If you understand the meaning of appropriation and its significance, you won't come here and be spewing shiit. Beside, please provide an instance each were OBJ and Yar'adua spend huge sums of money without appropriation. Finally, do you know about the existence of the contingency fund and its uses? Please, get yourself educated on how public finance is run before coming on a public forum to display your ignorance.

Perhaps you can read a taster here. http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/05/nigerias-public-accounts-the-curse-of-mismanagement-of-funds/

Then google obasanjo misappropriation. After that, then go for YAR'ADUA extra budgetary expenses. Why stop at the contingency fund? You must disabuse yourself of the formally stated systems on how to run Nigeria government and dwell more on how it is run. We speak about corruption. Buhari speaks about corruption. I saw AISHA Buhari on a recent visit to uk to see her children who were attending some establishments over there. She was with Daisy DANJUMA. If I tell you how much was spent during this trip, then you know that what is said and done by the leaders and their family is different from what you are struggling to articulate. Look in the mirror and admit the truth.

3 Likes

Re: How Jonathan, Iweala Illegally Diverted N61.4B Abacha Loot To Dasuki - Premium T by Amanwulu1(m): 6:52pm On Dec 09, 2015
madridguy:
GEJ GREAT HERO IN CORRUPTION.
dude, do u believe d report abt Abacha's loot? Bahari, d mr integrity, doesn't.
Re: How Jonathan, Iweala Illegally Diverted N61.4B Abacha Loot To Dasuki - Premium T by Pidggin(f): 7:04pm On Dec 09, 2015
All lies lies lies.
Re: How Jonathan, Iweala Illegally Diverted N61.4B Abacha Loot To Dasuki - Premium T by Justinah4real(f): 7:23pm On Dec 09, 2015
talk2tosep:
They looted the money abacha looted,no wonder they gave him an award...sick ppl.
No wonder this otueke man refused to seperate Nigeria. Corruption every where is worse than Hiv.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ade-Ojo: I Didn't Sell Collapsed Building Land To Osinbajo / Former PDP Governors Meet At Suswam's Residence (photos) / Suspected Herdsmen Invade Ekiti Community, Kill Two Injure Several

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.