Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,322 members, 7,815,625 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:30 PM

Cyril Stober Of Nta Retires From Service At Nta, Today - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Cyril Stober Of Nta Retires From Service At Nta, Today (57453 Views)

Can A Military Officer (Soldier) Resign From Service? / Nigerians React To NTA's Cyril Stober's Retirement From Service (Tweets) / NNPC Retires 1000 Staff (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cyril Stober Of Nta Retires From Service At Nta, Today by Kenmatt(m): 11:59pm On Dec 09, 2015
Oh My World!!! Cyril Stober. A legend in broadcasting. I could remember some time last three years, a cousine of mine visited me, who is about two to three years older than me. It was 9pm, I changed my television to NTA to catch up with the news at nine. It was Cyril Stober. My cousins exclaimed; "CYRIL STOBER, this man, so this man still dey chop NTA monie, this man that has been working with NTA before I was born". I chuckled, since then, I began to take note of him,Cyril stober.
Re: Cyril Stober Of Nta Retires From Service At Nta, Today by RealAdewole(m): 12:00am On Dec 10, 2015
towbaynah:

Yeah me too or "Kehinde Old Harry" as my Dad calls her.
ur dad funny o old harry, the lady retire voluntarily cause of her grandchildren
Re: Cyril Stober Of Nta Retires From Service At Nta, Today by joseph1832(m): 12:02am On Dec 10, 2015
Dafe20:
He needs no introduction at all. Cyril Stober, an
ace newscaster on the Nigerian Television
Authority (NTA) has been around for decades, pursuing his passion in his chosen career, broadcasting.

Before the advent of private stations in Nigeria,
listening to the NTA news at 9 everyday was
always a wonderful moment for many families in
Nigeria.

Watching Frank Olize, Hon. Abike Dabiri on NTA
Newslines and all the stories of what was
happening around the country was amazing.
Saturday mornings were also magical with the
likes of late Yinka Craig on Morning Ride.

Watching Sienne All Well Brown, Ruth Benemesia
Opia, John Momoh and the late Tokunbo Ajayi on
NTA news was so intriguing.

Everybody admired the authority and eloquence
with which they delivered the news. He's
anchored several editions of NTA news and other
programmes for years. Let's hear your wishes for
him. Congrats,
Congratulations Sir Cyril Stober!
cuteprinz

https://mobile.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=909273675830006&id=100002421463577&refid=7&_ft_=qid.6226391554327703539%3Amf_story_key.8438108880947657569
You forgot to include Efun Sheki Merry-man Johnson. Who later become Efuns Stober.

Men those days...
Re: Cyril Stober Of Nta Retires From Service At Nta, Today by tbaba1234: 12:04am On Dec 10, 2015
menix:
Cyril stober, the best News Broadcaster in the 90's..

His sunday sunday News Line was the best in the contry then..

It was something to watch out for, especially their story follow up..

Newsline was frank Olize
Re: Cyril Stober Of Nta Retires From Service At Nta, Today by dannykares: 12:05am On Dec 10, 2015
hardworkin pay, yu av set a real record kudo man
Re: Cyril Stober Of Nta Retires From Service At Nta, Today by xtervaganza(m): 12:07am On Dec 10, 2015
chocolateme:
wow!! Triple claps for u. You will fit in as Buhari's chief SA (special adviser) your services are not needed in this land and space. kiss kiss good nite.
lol

You don vex ma
Re: Cyril Stober Of Nta Retires From Service At Nta, Today by fulli16(m): 12:08am On Dec 10, 2015
BeeBeeOoh:
It's been long I heard from "Fatima Abbas Hassan last..

Happy retirement oga CY..
Fatima waz my best caster den

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cyril Stober Of Nta Retires From Service At Nta, Today by fulli16(m): 12:09am On Dec 10, 2015
BeeBeeOoh:

Fatima waz my best caster den wen we had 2 waatch NTA evry night coz f popsi!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cyril Stober Of Nta Retires From Service At Nta, Today by speak2leo(m): 12:12am On Dec 10, 2015
Cyril Stober, Fatima Abbas, Euginia Abu, Nimsel Nimyel, Abike Dabire of newsline now in politics. all did well.

Wishing u well in life Cyril. bravo!!!!

1 Like

Re: Cyril Stober Of Nta Retires From Service At Nta, Today by skyps(m): 12:15am On Dec 10, 2015
Congratulations, you are indeed a great man
Re: Cyril Stober Of Nta Retires From Service At Nta, Today by patwilly(m): 12:15am On Dec 10, 2015
cyril700:
Congrat sir! My dad named me cyril coz of how he admired this man. And peeps am 30 so u can imagine how long this man has been broadcasting
I liked your post.

3 Likes

Re: Cyril Stober Of Nta Retires From Service At Nta, Today by hob(m): 12:16am On Dec 10, 2015
This man was spotless in broadcasting.

What a Legend
Re: Cyril Stober Of Nta Retires From Service At Nta, Today by engrsyer(m): 12:17am On Dec 10, 2015
I loved this man so much especially when him and late Yinka Craig were anchoring sunrise program and many others. Honestly I wish I am journalist he would have been my role model in the media.

The death of Yinka Craig too is still touching to me till now. I love them before Mrs Abosede whatever so came on board and others.

Wishing you good health and long life sir.

Cheers!!!
Re: Cyril Stober Of Nta Retires From Service At Nta, Today by menix(m): 12:19am On Dec 10, 2015
tbaba1234:

Newsline was frank Olize

My mistake, u re so right..

Is he still alive
Re: Cyril Stober Of Nta Retires From Service At Nta, Today by a2personal2013: 12:22am On Dec 10, 2015
Congrats sir, you have served your father's land diligently.
Re: Cyril Stober Of Nta Retires From Service At Nta, Today by dino2006(m): 12:23am On Dec 10, 2015
Upnepaa:
Remembers the good old days,Cyril stober together with Aisha bello

Aisha Bello Katung! My oh my, good ol days!
Re: Cyril Stober Of Nta Retires From Service At Nta, Today by danjaba(m): 12:23am On Dec 10, 2015
The best people with the best brains and voices leaving NTA I wonder who go come dey give us better News again. A friend of mine named his first child Cyril and the second he named him Stober all because of the dynamic fantastic and the best Newscaster of our time. But wait Cyril, why did you leave? Haba. The only newscasters in the NTA after Cyril are junks, exclude Aisha Bello Katung, Elizabeth Banu,
Re: Cyril Stober Of Nta Retires From Service At Nta, Today by leofab(f): 12:26am On Dec 10, 2015
When will Obasanjor and Tinubu retire??!
Re: Cyril Stober Of Nta Retires From Service At Nta, Today by Nicepoker(m): 12:29am On Dec 10, 2015
In frank's voice. Do u know where your children are?

1 Like

Re: Cyril Stober Of Nta Retires From Service At Nta, Today by wokomabest(m): 12:33am On Dec 10, 2015
Happy retirement sir.this is time to enjoy fulltime with wife and children, I wish you the best sir
Re: Cyril Stober Of Nta Retires From Service At Nta, Today by miqos02(m): 12:39am On Dec 10, 2015
ageless cyril
Re: Cyril Stober Of Nta Retires From Service At Nta, Today by alagada: 12:50am On Dec 10, 2015
Plssss I want to know weda Frank Olize is still alive,dat dude had great influence on me. Though he landed me in trouble with my mumsy with that rhetorical question 'Is 9 O'clock,do u know wia ur children are?',a couple of times. Wish Cyril Stober d very best in retirement,I can't forget how he says his name with so much pride

1 Like

Re: Cyril Stober Of Nta Retires From Service At Nta, Today by jossyj: 12:55am On Dec 10, 2015
He was more than good in his profession
never pronounced wrongly and if not for his mode of dressing you could hardly figure out which zone he came from
Re: Cyril Stober Of Nta Retires From Service At Nta, Today by engrjacuzzi: 1:08am On Dec 10, 2015
back in the late 90s, watching NTA 9 o clock news had reporters like Cyril stober, Ayinde soaga, Cyril madugba, Muhammad abdulkadri and the likes. only to see the like of joy anyanwu that paints her face with some others.

4 Likes

Re: Cyril Stober Of Nta Retires From Service At Nta, Today by Nobody: 1:10am On Dec 10, 2015
BeeBeeOoh:

the same name I thought of when I heard of Cyril stober retirement!! Fatima Abbas Hassan

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cyril Stober Of Nta Retires From Service At Nta, Today by Nobody: 1:16am On Dec 10, 2015
1surdman:
I am Cyril stober
and I am Fatima Abbas Hassan
Re: Cyril Stober Of Nta Retires From Service At Nta, Today by naptu2: 1:18am On Dec 10, 2015
I think he started reading the news around 1989 or 1990 (that's when I first saw him on tv).

I remember when Yinka Craig introduced him as "Cyril Your Reach Out Stober" on Newsline because he was dating my favourite duty continuity announcer, Efunsheke Merriman-Johnson of NTA 2 Channel 5 (Your Reach Out Station). Newsline was hosted by Yinka Craig and Patrick Oke at that time.

He married Efunsheke a few years later and their wedding was shown on Newsline.

1 Like

Re: Cyril Stober Of Nta Retires From Service At Nta, Today by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 1:40am On Dec 10, 2015
gists:
What a career this man has enjoyed.
For serving the country for so long I am tempted to say he deserves a national award.
I know the young NL kids born in the late 80s and 90s will not understand, but trust me this man deserves it.
I was born in the 90's and I understand what you mean ..... who doesn't know Cyril Stober? News caster of all times
Re: Cyril Stober Of Nta Retires From Service At Nta, Today by kenbee(f): 1:47am On Dec 10, 2015
wow! Cyril Stoner deserves national meritorious award for his services to the Nigeria nation.
Re: Cyril Stober Of Nta Retires From Service At Nta, Today by Sagamite(m): 1:48am On Dec 10, 2015
Another person from the useless generation of quacks is gone.

Good riddance.

1 Like

Re: Cyril Stober Of Nta Retires From Service At Nta, Today by Accuracysunero(m): 1:50am On Dec 10, 2015
Wao! Wat a illustrious career. Congratulations sir, I'm cyril stober.... I will miss dat voice
Re: Cyril Stober Of Nta Retires From Service At Nta, Today by Essential12(m): 1:56am On Dec 10, 2015
congratulations sir Cyril

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Okada Ban: Gokada Sacks Employees In Lagos / Dennis Dooshima, A Beautiful Fire Fighter (Photos) / Best Companies To Work For In Nigeria In 2018 - Jobberman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.