Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,036 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:12 AM

Cyril Stober Of Nta Retires From Service At Nta, Today - Career (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Cyril Stober Of Nta Retires From Service At Nta, Today (57459 Views)

Can A Military Officer (Soldier) Resign From Service? / Nigerians React To NTA's Cyril Stober's Retirement From Service (Tweets) / NNPC Retires 1000 Staff (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cyril Stober Of Nta Retires From Service At Nta, Today by omoharry(f): 8:33am On Dec 10, 2015
badonkadonk:

Him and benemesia Opia.. I once thought they were married or something, cos their chemistry was breathtaking..

Then Sunday news at 9pm.. Hosted by Frank..

How time flies.. Indomie generations are advised to sit this one out..
I use to always look forward to watching Franck Olize's prgramm" sunday sunday Tunik..He anchored it so well back in the days..
Re: Cyril Stober Of Nta Retires From Service At Nta, Today by Feelinso(m): 8:37am On Dec 10, 2015
I love u sir,expecially the way u pronounce ur name n speak
Re: Cyril Stober Of Nta Retires From Service At Nta, Today by baroon(m): 8:46am On Dec 10, 2015
thank God for him. Retired bt not tired. He made me enjoyed watching news line @ 9.
Re: Cyril Stober Of Nta Retires From Service At Nta, Today by Acidosis(m): 8:48am On Dec 10, 2015
dustydee:
No, the principal. Never saw him smoke.
Oh okay, I'll request for the name of the smoker lol
Re: Cyril Stober Of Nta Retires From Service At Nta, Today by babasho1: 8:49am On Dec 10, 2015
So the day finally came. I remember telling my wife about this long-standing presenter some two months ago. I said when will this guy retire since I grew up to listening to him on NTA. I love his simplicity and presentations. Nigeria will miss you Mr CY.
Re: Cyril Stober Of Nta Retires From Service At Nta, Today by Orikinla(m): 8:53am On Dec 10, 2015
Great TV broadcaster. He is one of the titans of the golden era of NTA News since the 1980s. We all had a great time at NTA Lagos. I miss those days with tears in my eyes. My joy was awesome when his senior colleague, Siene Allwell-Brown was the one who read the news on the launch of my first book, "Children of Heaven" in 1988. That era remains the best in the history of TV Journalism in Nigeria. Cyril Stober deserves a great national honour. God bless you.
Re: Cyril Stober Of Nta Retires From Service At Nta, Today by Nobody: 9:04am On Dec 10, 2015
OROSUNBOLB:

Are you sure he is not from the North?

I have ruled North out
Re: Cyril Stober Of Nta Retires From Service At Nta, Today by Speakdatruth: 9:18am On Dec 10, 2015
happy retirement sir
Re: Cyril Stober Of Nta Retires From Service At Nta, Today by cutechi(f): 9:33am On Dec 10, 2015
...........and that golden voice "I am Cyril Stober " wish you the very best in your future endeavour.
Re: Cyril Stober Of Nta Retires From Service At Nta, Today by ocholawealth(m): 9:35am On Dec 10, 2015
I love u Cy and will miss ur matchless presentation/ news casting on the NTA.... U obviously left a space too difficult to cover in the NTA.
Re: Cyril Stober Of Nta Retires From Service At Nta, Today by Louiscutedude(m): 9:36am On Dec 10, 2015
okay
Re: Cyril Stober Of Nta Retires From Service At Nta, Today by Cannonleo(m): 9:37am On Dec 10, 2015
Dafe20:
He needs no introduction at all. Cyril Stober, an
ace newscaster on the Nigerian Television
Authority (NTA) has been around for decades, pursuing his passion in his chosen career, broadcasting.

Before the advent of private stations in Nigeria,
listening to the NTA news at 9 everyday was
always a wonderful moment for many families in
Nigeria.

Watching Frank Olize, Hon. Abike Dabiri on NTA
Newslines and all the stories of what was
happening around the country was amazing.
Saturday mornings were also magical with the
likes of late Yinka Craig on Morning Ride.

Watching Sienne All Well Brown, Ruth Benemesia
Opia, John Momoh and the late Tokunbo Ajayi on
NTA news was so intriguing.

Everybody admired the authority and eloquence
with which they delivered the news. He's
anchored several editions of NTA news and other
programmes for years. Let's hear your wishes for
him. Congrats,
Congratulations Sir Cyril Stober!
cuteprinz

https://mobile.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=909273675830006&id=100002421463577&refid=7&_ft_=qid.6226391554327703539%3Amf_story_key.8438108880947657569
eloquent strong and apt in description and action.
i remember vividly when i met you in 2006 at NTA HQ, then i came around for a students competitio norganizaed i ended up spending the whole day discussing various issues with which you attacked in very uncompromising ways.
i wish you a very happy happy retirement,
its a realpity that yinka craig never lived to see you end yours stay
God bless you Cyril and less i forget
"Clears throat"
Good evening and welcome to the NTA Network news i am Cyril Stober.
last time i am ever goin to hear that

1 Like

Re: Cyril Stober Of Nta Retires From Service At Nta, Today by taikem01: 9:48am On Dec 10, 2015
What about Ayinde Shuaga? Those guys really made NTA interesting station in d 90s
Re: Cyril Stober Of Nta Retires From Service At Nta, Today by Nobody: 9:49am On Dec 10, 2015
Happy retirement. Hope one of his children took after him.
Re: Cyril Stober Of Nta Retires From Service At Nta, Today by sunny777: 10:20am On Dec 10, 2015
I love you Mr CY. As you retire, you will not be tired. You will enjoy your retirement period by God's grace.
Re: Cyril Stober Of Nta Retires From Service At Nta, Today by badonkadonk: 10:54am On Dec 10, 2015
omoharry:
I use to always look forward to watching Franck Olize's prgramm" sunday sunday Tunik..He anchored it so well back in the days..

Yes he did.. With his uncanny quips and way of laughing...

It was never a dull moment with him.

1 Like

Re: Cyril Stober Of Nta Retires From Service At Nta, Today by ejexcel(m): 11:01am On Dec 10, 2015
Dafe20:
Authority (NTA) has been around for decades, pursuing his passion in his chosen career, broadcasting.

Nigeria.

him. Congrats,
cuteprinz

https://mobile.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=909273675830006&id=100002421463577&refid=7&_ft_=qid.6226391554327703539%3Amf_story_key.8438108880947657569
Congratulations sir, I enjoy the NTA when ever he is on set, I like his usage of words with his nice voice. I will miss him.
Re: Cyril Stober Of Nta Retires From Service At Nta, Today by sucobaba(m): 11:05am On Dec 10, 2015
Growing up then with just one television in the house,this man made me missed so many soaps and sit coms....I hid remote taya yet my dad will always find oga Cyril Stober at 9pm hahahahaha.

Now at retirement......Sir,may you find joy,peace and everlasting happiness in all your future endeavours.

Thanks for given us wonderful memories and service to our dear nation....Forever in our hearts

Long may you live sir
May goodluck be yours
3 cheers!!!
Salute!!!!!!!
Re: Cyril Stober Of Nta Retires From Service At Nta, Today by expozey(f): 11:11am On Dec 10, 2015
Made me watch 'Tonight at nine' as a little girl though I no understand wetin dm dy talk o. Just loved how he spoke. Congrats sir and happy retirement.
Re: Cyril Stober Of Nta Retires From Service At Nta, Today by ovalrose(f): 11:12am On Dec 10, 2015
grin
Speakdatruth:
RIP English
Dude,be nice. na typo error. grin grin grin
Re: Cyril Stober Of Nta Retires From Service At Nta, Today by softvio(m): 11:33am On Dec 10, 2015
BeeBeeOoh:
that's good 2 hear, I watch NTA then because of these people(Abbas & Cyril). May God bless him in all his endevours.

wow...same thing to me.. Cyril and Mrs Fatima Abbas Hassan always make the news interesting
Re: Cyril Stober Of Nta Retires From Service At Nta, Today by Speakdatruth: 11:49am On Dec 10, 2015
ovalrose:
grin
Dude,be nice. na typo error. grin grin grin
SMH
Re: Cyril Stober Of Nta Retires From Service At Nta, Today by otodeluxe(m): 12:00pm On Dec 10, 2015
This man eh am gonna miss his diction. What about Kehinde young Harry has she retired too lol
Re: Cyril Stober Of Nta Retires From Service At Nta, Today by redsun(m): 12:02pm On Dec 10, 2015
Nta these days is more like Taliban ran outfit,with very boring looking, horribly sounding and timid looking female presenters.

It is gone decades backwards in an age where excellent media presentations can easily be coordinated from a bedroom.
Re: Cyril Stober Of Nta Retires From Service At Nta, Today by coesheya(m): 12:09pm On Dec 10, 2015
Oh great Cyril Stover. May Almighty God continue to bless you and your family. The whole world will miss you. May you live long
Re: Cyril Stober Of Nta Retires From Service At Nta, Today by Virgindove(f): 12:46pm On Dec 10, 2015
Really the end of an era. Undoubtedly, you are journalism personified. My only fear is that you and your likes vacating the stage might be irreplaceable in the world of journalism. You worked assiduously for a better Nigeria, but it is sad you are leaving behind a confused country. Goodbye Cyril Stober.
Re: Cyril Stober Of Nta Retires From Service At Nta, Today by Psalmwhyte(m): 12:48pm On Dec 10, 2015
Dafe20:

Nigeria.

him. Congrats,
cuteprinz

Although he shud hav long retired but i luv his eloquence while dishing out d news more especially during ''NEWSLINE @ 9''
i wish him well in his future endeavour.
Re: Cyril Stober Of Nta Retires From Service At Nta, Today by DonRossy: 12:57pm On Dec 10, 2015
Wow... Congratulations man of the news.. You really left your
footprint on the sands of time for others to emulate. Thanks and may God almighty bless you for your applaudable service to your father land .
Re: Cyril Stober Of Nta Retires From Service At Nta, Today by 989900: 1:23pm On Dec 10, 2015
#nostalgia
Re: Cyril Stober Of Nta Retires From Service At Nta, Today by Nobody: 1:44pm On Dec 10, 2015
Good evening Nigerians and welcome. This is "Cyril Stober" wink
Re: Cyril Stober Of Nta Retires From Service At Nta, Today by Rikidony(m): 1:44pm On Dec 10, 2015
tk4rd:
WHEN WILL MUHAMMMAAD ABDILKAAADRI RETIRE.??
**Modified...
Where are these pple.? Where them go.?
1. Hawau Gebi
2. Eugenia Abu
3. Cletus Ogbanje.. and so on..
pls forward ur questions to Nta
Re: Cyril Stober Of Nta Retires From Service At Nta, Today by cuteprinz(m): 1:45pm On Dec 10, 2015
I don't even understand this Nairaland thing.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Okada Ban: Gokada Sacks Employees In Lagos / Dennis Dooshima, A Beautiful Fire Fighter (Photos) / Best Companies To Work For In Nigeria In 2018 - Jobberman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.