Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,406 members, 7,819,442 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:23 PM

Lies About Oyo Empire - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Lies About Oyo Empire (20419 Views)

The Uneme People And The Curse Of Oba Egbeka Of Benin Empire / Oyo Empire A Yoruba Folklore Another Myth Bursted / Is The Kingdom Of Nri Really Older Than Oyo Empire? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lies About Oyo Empire by YonkijiSappo: 10:05am On Dec 14, 2015
LOL, someone has been banned ......cheesy
Re: Lies About Oyo Empire by kaura5000: 11:39am On Dec 14, 2015
Hausa sold yoloba cowards slaves
Re: Lies About Oyo Empire by kaura5000: 11:45am On Dec 14, 2015
Queen amina of zazzau conquered much of territory known as Nigeria including nupe land who sold Yoruba slaves also... Yoruba were never powerful they didn't control any trade route... they were just busy exporting themselves to Cuba Brazil america etc... stupid slaves
Re: Lies About Oyo Empire by kaura5000: 11:49am On Dec 14, 2015
Even Arab geographers had high regard for hausaland... read tarikh Sudan book and Leo Africanus book about the description of Africa you would know how advanced hausaland is... do you know the first university in sub-Saharan Africa located in Timbuktu sankoree university has branch in Katsina when you guy where roaming with leaves eating each other...
Re: Lies About Oyo Empire by kaura5000: 11:56am On Dec 14, 2015
From the mouth of lord luggard about the city of kano... "i have never imagined nor thought of anything of this caliber in Africa" despite Europeans view about Africa... because of the high civilizations the British saw in northern Nigeria they had to adopt indirect rule for Hausa people
Re: Lies About Oyo Empire by macof(m): 11:57am On Dec 14, 2015
MorrowCaligari:

everything i say is backed up by facts, is there any record of such interaction between hausas and arabs anywhere? FOH!

oyo doesnt have the cohones to touch a hausa man, not to talk of selling him, but damn.... going to illorin, chasing you out and installing and emir there damn you niggas must be hurt.

As for the songhais, refer to my earlier post, they also cant touch us. The one time they did, Kebbi taught them a lesson and they never came back!

More like the british ships and hausas caravans was filled with your race.

go and try again.

So you are saying hausa and arabs never had interactions?
Lol. Oyo had hausa slaves. ..deal with it. Ilorin is a testament to that fact. . The 19th century history of Ilorin speaks of Afonja recruiting hausa and fulani slaves serving in Oyo

grin grin they never came back. .but they kept your folks as slaves

grin grin stop dreaming hausas never had yoruba slaves you mofo. ..where could you have gotten them from?
Re: Lies About Oyo Empire by kaura5000: 11:59am On Dec 14, 2015
Give us testimony of your so called greatness... don't you have great explorers that visit you?? I gave you Leo Africans view of hausaland and Timbuktu almaghili etc tell me yours... you ducking cowards that invite the British to conquer you guys.. stupid slaves
Re: Lies About Oyo Empire by kaura5000: 12:02pm On Dec 14, 2015
Idiot liar never even in your dreams can you own Hausa or Fulani slaves... it is know fact you are the weakest coward and most enslaved people on earth... i know of many American and Brazilian Yoruba slaves can you tell us where Hausa slaves are you stupid slave.. deal with an emir in ilorin first
Re: Lies About Oyo Empire by kaura5000: 12:05pm On Dec 14, 2015
macof:

Lol. Oyo had hausa slaves. ..deal with it. Ilorin is a testament to that fact. . The 19th century history of Ilorin speaks of Afonja recruiting hausa and fulani slaves serving in Oyo
grin grin stop dreaming hausas never had yoruba slaves you mofo. ..where could you have gotten them from?
deal with an emir in ilorin first before you can dream of owning Hausa slaves... even today you know who are slaves between we and you
Re: Lies About Oyo Empire by kaura5000: 12:08pm On Dec 14, 2015
Where did you got Hausa slaves?? Did you conduct any war with Hausa Where's we got you slaves from nope raiding you guys and sold same to us... now tell me how you got ours?
macof:

Re: Lies About Oyo Empire by kaura5000: 12:13pm On Dec 14, 2015
Yoruba were never in the scheme of things in west Africa.. we were busy with kanem borno mali and songhay when no one knows Yoruba even to early adventurers... Hausa were mentioned by historians Ibn khaldun and in the book tarikh Sudan.. the reason why no one mentioned Yoruba is because you were never important in the first place.... shame the devil and tell me the history of the name Yoruba or Yoruba??
Re: Lies About Oyo Empire by Nobody: 12:16pm On Dec 14, 2015
[quote author=macof post=40991019]

So you are saying hausa and arabs never had interactions? /quote]
There were, but none of that nature.

Yeah right, the same Illorin we took from you? Don't make me laugh!

;
D grin they never came back. .but they kept your folks as slaves
The the emir of Illorin is still a fulani man grin

;
D grin stop dreaming hausas never had yoruba slaves you mofo. ..where could you have gotten them from? [

Easy, everyone was enslaving you, you are the easiest people to enslave. You're cowards.
Re: Lies About Oyo Empire by macof(m): 12:30pm On Dec 14, 2015
MorrowCaligari:
macof scholes0

like i said, your brother shot himself in the foot, he gave me the means to destroy hi, this is what i got from the article he linked

Well before the jihād, Hausaland was tied into the slave trading network of the Oyo empire. Robin Law observes that enslavement of Oyo citizens did not become common until after 1810, with a consequent aggravated instability of the kingdom. Before that time slaves were obtained from outside, with a great expansion in the 1780s of trade in slaves purchased from the north. He concludes that any political consequences should be sought in Hausaland rather than in Oyo

How does this go against all what scholes0 and I have been saying? Damn! You hausa are really dumb folks .

The article made it clear that oyo empire had slaves from the northern nations ie nupe, Ebira, Hausa, and fulani.
Hausaland on the other hand, never had southerners as slaves. There was no market in the reach of hausas to purchase southern slaves. . You sold yourselves.
Yorubas in slavery didn't come until Oyo lost much of its power in the 1800s, and yoruba subsequent intertribal wars. yoruba slaves of this time never left africa. .. many of them are in Sierra Leone, some came back home
Re: Lies About Oyo Empire by Nobody: 12:44pm On Dec 14, 2015
macof:

How does this go against all what scholes0 and I have been saying? Damn! You hausa are really dumb folks .
Sure, were the dumb ones.

The article made it clear that oyo empire had slaves from the northern nations ie nupe, Ebira, Hausa, and fulani.
Hausaland on the other hand, never had southerners as slaves.
Nooo, they bought slaves from Hausa states. Did you even read grin

They adopted cavalry from Hausa states and bought horses from Hausa states, damn! You got everything from us didn't you?

There was no market in the reach of hausas to purchase southern slaves. . You sold yourselves.
Yorubas in slavery didn't come until Oyo lost much of its power in the 1800s, and yoruba subsequent intertribal wars. yoruba slaves of this time never left africa. .. many of them are in Sierra Leone, some came back home

But this confirmation that the sokoto caliphate raided and plummeted your tiny Oyo and sold you foools. Has Oyo ever even come close to Hausa shores to even attempt collecting our slaves? Even the Nupes were enslaving you and selling to us!!!!! grin

Yeah I'm sure we hausas are very dumb. But yet these dumb people enslaved your race and still does. What does that say about you?
Re: Lies About Oyo Empire by kaura5000: 12:47pm On Dec 14, 2015
macof:

Hausaland on the other hand, never had southerners as slaves. There was no market in the reach of hausas to purchase southern slaves. . You sold yourselves.
you were never a great trading terminus you had no trade routes have you read of queen amines conquest?
Re: Lies About Oyo Empire by macof(m): 1:00pm On Dec 14, 2015
kaura5000:
deal with an emir in ilorin first before you can dream of owning Hausa slaves... even today you know who are slaves between we and you

Emir in one city out of hundreds in Yorubaland. . Fulani conquered u slaves all over ur land nd displaced ur kings
At least Ilorin had no existing dynasty, Ilorin was an independent city. .responsible for its own decisions. .some of such decisions was allowing an emir. The people in Ilorin at 1824 were all muslims made up of the following: Yoruba, Nupe, Borgu, Hausa, fulani. .. no fulani conquered an inch of Yorubaland. Yorubas at Ilorin willingly allowed an Islamic figure, the eemir was not imposed on them
If you think fulani are strong enough to challenge yoruba, we did nearby Offa, Omu-aran never got an emir?

Of course, I know you are the slaves, slaves to everybody who ever encountered you. .slaves to arabs, Berbers, songhay, fulani, Yoruba, Portuguese, British, Dutch etc

1 Like

Re: Lies About Oyo Empire by kaura5000: 1:05pm On Dec 14, 2015
The only reason that interrupted the dipping of the Qur'an in the sea was the British conquest... didn't sokoto caliphate sacked oyo ile The capital of your oyo empire... i told you how we got you slaves now answer me how did you get Hausa slaves when you coward never stepped your toes out of oyo to come near hausaland
macof:

Emir in one city out of hundreds in Yorubaland. . Fulani conquered u slaves all over ur land nd displaced ur kings
At least Ilorin had no existing dynasty, Ilorin was an independent city. .responsible for its own decisions. .some of such decisions was allowing an emir. The people in Ilorin at 1824 were all muslims made up of the following: Yoruba, Nupe, Borgu, Hausa, fulani. .. no fulani conquered an inch of Yorubaland. Yorubas at Ilorin willingly allowed an Islamic figure, the eemir was not imposed on them
If you think fulani are strong enough to challenge yoruba, we did nearby Offa, Omu-aran never got an emir?
Of course, I know you are the slaves, slaves to everybody who ever encountered you. .slaves to arabs, Berbers, songhay, fulani, Yoruba, Portuguese, British, Dutch etc
Re: Lies About Oyo Empire by kaura5000: 1:06pm On Dec 14, 2015
You idiot adopt everything from us from clothing.. horses.. ajami script pretty much everything you guys are worthless slowpoke idiots
Re: Lies About Oyo Empire by kaura5000: 1:10pm On Dec 14, 2015
Tell me any encounter between Hausa and Yoruba idiots the simple truth is everything you got from us even the name yoruba... we conquered nupe through queen amino... in turn nupe conquered and sold you slave to us
Re: Lies About Oyo Empire by kaura5000: 1:11pm On Dec 14, 2015
Be bold and courageous to tell us the history of the name Yoruba or Yoruba?? Certainly it was not oduduwa that gave you that name
Re: Lies About Oyo Empire by Nobody: 1:12pm On Dec 14, 2015
macof:

lool! the fulanis were aided by hausas dumb a.ss! there are various hausas states, most of them have hausa leaders, it doesnt matter if the fulanis are emirs, they speak hausa, i doubt any of them speaks a word of fulfulde, they dress like hausa, they are hausa? what is hausa? hausa is not a single ethnicity dweeb, read up on history!

oooh sod off! after we sacked illorin, oyo fell! because you are indeed cowards! and we enslaved you, sold you and kept you for our amusement.

jibber jaber. berbers, dutch, and portugese never had any contact with hausas idiott! you on the other hand, youre saying exactly what happened to you, there is no state that didnt enslave the yoruba people, go to every continent! you are world reknowned slaves, even in your country! the songhai empire ended when they tried to mess with hausa states. the yorubas.... well we did have contact with them, pilaged their villages and sold them off as we pleased, it was easy.
Re: Lies About Oyo Empire by Nobody: 1:14pm On Dec 14, 2015
kaura5000:
You idiot adopt everything from us from clothing.. horses.. ajami script pretty much everything you guys are worthless slowpoke idiots

the idiott doesnt know, they got almost everything from us, they even use our words in their vocabulary!

the only thing theyre good at is being slaves
Re: Lies About Oyo Empire by kaura5000: 1:14pm On Dec 14, 2015
Your kiriji wars produced the greatest number of slaves that were exported to hausaland Europe and Cuba Brazil etch you tiger lined face idiot
Re: Lies About Oyo Empire by macof(m): 1:25pm On Dec 14, 2015
kaura5000:
Yoruba were never in the scheme of things in west Africa.. we were busy with kanem borno mali and songhay when no one knows Yoruba even to early adventurers... Hausa were mentioned by historians Ibn khaldun and in the book tarikh Sudan.. the reason why no one mentioned Yoruba is because you were never important in the first place.... shame the devil and tell me the history of the name Yoruba or Yoruba??

You are big slowpoke if you think yorubas never had dealings with Malians and Songhai.
Ahmed Baba is known to have written about Oyo in the 16th century.
Re: Lies About Oyo Empire by Nobody: 1:29pm On Dec 14, 2015
macof:

You are big slowpoke if you think yorubas never had dealings with Malians and Songhai.
Ahmed Baba is known to have written about Oyo in the 16th century.

yess, apparently the man who gave you your name?? how sad!!! a songhai named your people!! and seriously? when arab scholars were writing about hausa civilizations in the 9th century looooooool! i told you, you are nothing, good for nothing but slavery!!! and the only dealings youd have with malians and songhais would be when they push your people into caravans and sell you off.

smh! clown of a race!!!
Re: Lies About Oyo Empire by kaura5000: 1:30pm On Dec 14, 2015
What's the name of the book you serial liar?? tell me the origin of the name first
Re: Lies About Oyo Empire by kaura5000: 1:33pm On Dec 14, 2015
He even lied it was Hausa that found them in their jungle and named them yaariba or Yoruba and popularize the use of the name... we Hausa need no introduction or a songhay to write about us
MorrowCaligari:

yess, apparently the man who gave you your name?? how sad!!! a songhai named your people!! and seriously? when arab scholars were writing about hausa civilizations in the 9th century looooooool! i told you, you are nothing, good for nothing but slavery!!! and the only dealings youd have with malians and songhais would be when they push your people into caravans and sell you off.
smh! clown of a race!!!
MorrowCaligari:

smh! clown of a race!!!

1 Like

Re: Lies About Oyo Empire by macof(m): 1:33pm On Dec 14, 2015
kaura5000:

Ahmed Baba is known to have written about Oyo in the 16th century. Stop ur lies. We know you are insecure. .
You started this thread with sokoto caliphate, after I and opcnairaland gave you the very much needed reply you switched to hausa city-states..hausas that were easy to be conquered by a fulani refugee
Mr. Maintain one argument. .you are so confused. ..
Re: Lies About Oyo Empire by kaura5000: 1:36pm On Dec 14, 2015
Be bold and tell us the history behind your name... because you guys always like to lie about the mali or songhay that you had no contact with... where's Hausa songhay mande taureg Fulani were all part of the songhay empire you lied about
Re: Lies About Oyo Empire by Nobody: 1:37pm On Dec 14, 2015
macof:

Ahmed Baba is known to have written about Oyo in the 16th century. Stop ur lies. We know you are insecure. .
You started this thread with sokoto caliphate, after I and opcnairaland gave you the very much needed reply you switched to hausa city-states..hausas that were easy to be conquered by a fulani refugee
Mr. Maintain one argument. .you are so confused. ..

Hausa states are the sokoto caliphate slowpoke!!!!! And Hausa states were defeated by fulanis and a good number of Hausa peasants! Read a bloody book!

You should be thanking us for all we've done for you. Excluding the fact that we sold you off in numbers as slave, but still, you need to show us gratitude. Not coming here showing disrespect to your masters you ungrateful dweeb!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

The Significance Of Oranmiyan Staff And Ife Immovable Heritage Resource. / Let Have Some Fun Mention One "Pidgin Proverbs" You Know? / Why Do Nigerians Think White People Are Ugly?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.