Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,761 members, 7,813,526 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:27 PM

Lies About Oyo Empire - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Lies About Oyo Empire (20326 Views)

The Uneme People And The Curse Of Oba Egbeka Of Benin Empire / Oyo Empire A Yoruba Folklore Another Myth Bursted / Is The Kingdom Of Nri Really Older Than Oyo Empire? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lies About Oyo Empire by macof(m): 1:37pm On Dec 14, 2015
kaura5000:
Give us testimony of your so called greatness... don't you have great explorers that visit you?? I gave you Leo Africans view of hausaland and Timbuktu almaghili etc tell me yours... you ducking cowards that invite the British to conquer you guys.. stupid slaves
Why are you so fixated on explorers? You people are really born to be morons. .. with all ur knowledge of history you haven't realized that geography plays a key role in what kind of explorers visit ur land.
While more north African explorers would talk more about places like kano, Europeans would talk about Lagos, Benin, and not kano or any village desert

Portuguese explorer Rui de Sequeira, in 1472 wrote about Lagos
Dahomeans had used Portuguese men as Ambassadors to Oyo as early as the 17th century

Go get some sense pls, you just displaying the stupidity known to be synonymous with the name "hausa"

2 Likes

Re: Lies About Oyo Empire by kaura5000: 1:40pm On Dec 14, 2015
Idiot sokoto caliphate was successor to Hausa city states... be bold to tell us the history behind the name Yoruba... and don't tell us nonsense about Ahmed Baba he even introduce Al maghili to Hausa king Muhammad rumfa as adviser... you are not in position to tell us about songhay empire because we were part of it... liar you had no contact with songhay or mali.. we gave you your Yoruba name deal with it
Re: Lies About Oyo Empire by Nobody: 1:44pm On Dec 14, 2015
macof:

Why are you so fixated on explorers? You people are really born to be morons. .. with all ur knowledge of history you haven't realized that geography plays a key role in what kind of explorers visit ur land.
lol! so why havent the numerous europeans who reached you through sea never written anything good about you? thats because you were nothing to write about, just a race of primitive sub humans!!

While more north African explorers would talk more about places like kano, Europeans would talk about Lagos, Benin, and not kano or any village desert
loool! leo africanus was a european! what did he say about you. dont even bring benin into this, they were just as enslaved as you, they were ravaged by the portugese!!! what did europeans write about you then btw

Portuguese explorer Rui de Sequeira, in 1472 wrote about Lagos
Dahomeans had used Portuguese men as Ambassadors to Oyo as early as the 17th century
the 17th century isnt early slowpoke!!!! they only reason the portuguese were there was to collect slaves by giving your fooolish kings mirrors!!!! grin grin grin grin

Go get some sense pls, you just displaying the stupidity known to be synonymous with the name "hausa"
yes, im sure we are stuuupid. yet we seem indestructible, and forever dominant! high above sub humans like you! what does that make you if this synonymously stuupid hausa race keeps defeating you with ease??
Re: Lies About Oyo Empire by kaura5000: 1:45pm On Dec 14, 2015
Idiot you are changing from mali to songhay... be bold to tell us who gave you your Yoruba name all great empires had visitors and wrote books about the places to tell you the exact situation about the area... no one knows oyo hence no emissaries to the king... local champion be courageous to tell us history behind your name Yoruba or yoruba
Re: Lies About Oyo Empire by Nobody: 1:45pm On Dec 14, 2015
local champions, best words to describe them!!
Re: Lies About Oyo Empire by kaura5000: 1:49pm On Dec 14, 2015
You had no contact with songhay or mali because if you did we were had more chance of knowing than you... because we were part of songhay empire so dont tell me nonsense
macof:

You are big slowpoke if you think yorubas never had dealings with Malians and Songhai.
Ahmed Baba is known to have written about Oyo in the 16th century. Stop ur lies. We know you are insecure. .
You started this thread with sokoto caliphate, after I and opcnairaland gave you the very much needed reply you switched to hausa city-states..hausas that were easy to be conquered by a fulani refugee
Mr. Maintain one argument. .you are so confused. ..
Re: Lies About Oyo Empire by macof(m): 2:05pm On Dec 14, 2015
MorrowCaligari:

lool! the fulanis were aided by hausas dumb a.ss! there are various hausas states, most of them have hausa leaders, it doesnt matter if the fulanis are emirs, they speak hausa, i doubt any of them speaks a word of fulfulde, they dress like hausa, they are hausa? what is hausa? hausa is not a single ethnicity dweeb, read up on history!

oooh sod off! after we sacked illorin, oyo fell! because you are indeed cowards! and we enslaved you, sold you and kept you for our amusement.

jibber jaber. berbers, dutch, and portugese never had any contact with hausas idiott! you on the other hand, youre saying exactly what happened to you, there is no state that didnt enslave the yoruba people, go to every continent! you are world reknowned slaves, even in your country! the songhai empire ended when they tried to mess with hausa states. the yorubas.... well we did have contact with them, pilaged their villages and sold them off as we pleased, it was easy.

grin grin grin he say aided. Aided to displace your dynasties. .all over hausaland. I've never known a more enslaved and proud people than hausas. . No wonder fulani have the "born to rule" mentality, they are used to having slaves . Even in the political sphere of northern Nigeria, fulani dominate you fools. . Imagine. .being slaves to fulanis for 200 years in ur own land. And you have the guts to compare hausa city-states to yoruba city-states

Provide evidence that you sacked Ilorin? You think Yorubaland is like hausaland? I'm proud to say no inch of Yorubaland was sacked by a non yoruba power until the British

Provide evidence that Yorubas were slaves in Asia? Hausas on the other hand were castrated by the arabs.

Shut up, songhay ended cus of Morocco, grin Morocco is an hausa state in this fool's mind

Can you provide evidence of this "pillage"? When did hausas raise weapon against yorubas? You dummies have been enslaved for life.
Show me what century, what people enslaved yorubas apart from Dahomey?

Mehn! Hausas are such slaves that even ur original nilo-saharan language is lost, you had to adopt an afroasiatic one

2 Likes

Re: Lies About Oyo Empire by macof(m): 2:12pm On Dec 14, 2015
MorrowCaligari:

huh! i wonder what this masterpieces art were? maybe you mean carving dolls! maybe carving dolls naked makes you civilized?? grin grin

you entered the atlantic slave trade because you were a worthless race of primitive good for nothings, best put to use as slaves.

sooo? what do you mean even? until contact with hausas, fulanis werent an organised state, they were a nomadic tribe then.

lieeees! the pygmies were enslaved! there are well known stories of pygmies being enslaved! i still think theyre more civilized than you though!

how are we slaves to whites when they never enslaved us? how are we slaves to arabs when they never enslaved us? slaves to fulanis? now that is just a desperate joke grin grin grin grin

Wow! So you live in a cave that you've never heard of the remarkable Ife near copper arts and ivory of Owo?

cheesy says the slowpoke that lost uncles and brothers to the same transatlantic trade.

We yorubas sold you off to Europeans. .why don't you understand the simple english? Malians and Songhai sold you to arabs
You've remained slaves to fulanis for 200 years grin
Gosh! Slaves in your own land. .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lies About Oyo Empire by Nobody: 2:18pm On Dec 14, 2015
macof:

grin grin grin he say aided. Aided to displace your dynasties. .all over hausaland. I've never known a more enslaved and proud people than hausas. . No wonder fulani have the "born to rule" mentality, they are used to having slaves . Even in the political sphere of northern Nigeria, fulani dominate you fools. . Imagine. .being slaves to fulanis for 200 years in ur own land. And you have the guts to compare hausa city-states to yoruba city-states
loool! i support them 100 percent, those haus kings deserved what they got and i would also have aided them back then. besides, if it wasnt for the fulani war, the hausa states were never united. even so i've never viewed the fulanis with contempt, they are our brothers! how many fulanis today identify as fulanis? who is a fulani? you cant cause a rift between us bellend!

Provide evidence that you sacked Ilorin? You think Yorubaland is like hausaland? I'm proud to say no inch of Yorubaland was sacked by a non yoruba power until the British
loool! what is an emir doing in illorin? what is the name of the emir of illorin grin grin grin grin

Provide evidence that Yorubas were slaves in Asia? Hausas on the other hand were castrated by the arabs.
i didnt say asia. but from south america to north america, from hausa states to portugal, from brazil to britain, you are world reknowned slaves. Arabs have never come as far as hausa states for war bellend! where did the slaves come from??

Shut up, songhay ended cus of Morocco, grin Morocco is an hausa state in this fool's mind
when i tell you you know nothing of history youll refuse, Askiya conquered hausa states, Kebbi dealth with Askiya and his empire, then whatever happened happened due to that!

Can you provide evidence of this "pillage"? When did hausas raise weapon against yorubas? You dummies have been enslaved for life.
even the nupes enslaved you after queen amina of zazzau conquered them sold you to us. shameless race but again what is the name of the emir of illorin. grin grin grin grin grin

Mehn! Hausas are such slaves that even ur original nilo-saharan language is lost, you had to adopt an afroasiatic one
did we adopt it? says who? where did the other language go? is hausa someone elses language? loolol

bow down to your masters!!!
Re: Lies About Oyo Empire by kaura5000: 2:18pm On Dec 14, 2015
Idiot to us Islamic bond is much more than ethnic affiliations so we see nothing wrong in helping him achieve unity among Hausa states as far as Hausa language culture etch adopted the British royal family are not original English in your own stupid reasoning you would say Britons are slaves idiot ... when you are reading of of fall of songhay endeavor to read about Kotal kanta of kebbi and his role in its demise... you idiots are 3rd stage slaves because queen amino conquered nupee.. then nupe in turn conquered you guzs and sold same animals to us... now tell me the origin of the word Yoruba... tell me who remove you from animals in jungle and introduce you to outer world of humans by giving you the name Yoruba or Yoruba to upgrade you from little sub humans to a little grade before humans
macof:

Re: Lies About Oyo Empire by macof(m): 2:22pm On Dec 14, 2015
scholes0:

Yes basically everybody enslaved you....
Read about hausa slaves in the Americas.....
Where are the descendants of pygmies in the new world or Arab world.... what is the average height of their offspring...lol.... stupied person.

Read for yourself, Silly thing....

The slaves sold by Oyo were from four different sources: 1) native criminals, who were not so numerous, 2) war captives, who were the majority 3) slaves given in tribute by vassal states, such as Dahomey, who were not so many, and 4) slaves bought from Nupe, Borgu and even the Hausa states and Borno, especially in the late 18th century. Adams (1786-1800) refers to the large numbers of Hausa slaves for sale at Porto Novo

http://www.dhspriory.org/kenny/NWAfr/a14.htm

LOL, Hausas are just a pathetic race in general.... contributing nothing to both modern and ancient huanity.

cc: Macof, come see some of our slaves, awon Eru Hausa.

1. They lost their original nilo-saharan language and adopted another
2. Lost their original way of worship
3. Lost their dynasties
4. Enslaved by many people. ..being the most enslaved people in africa
5. Have been dominated by fulanis for 200 years in their own land grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Lies About Oyo Empire by kaura5000: 2:23pm On Dec 14, 2015
Mali and songhay sold Hausa that's the greatest joke i heard... i told you how we sold Yoruba slaves through queen amina conquest of nupee.. nupee in turn conquered you subhumans and sold to us... now tell me how exactly you got Hausa slaves liar
macof:

Wow! So you live in a cave that you've never heard of the remarkable Ife near copper arts and ivory of Owo?
cheesy says the slowpoke that lost uncles and brothers to the same transatlantic trade.
We yorubas sold you off to Europeans. .why don't you understand the simple english? Malians and Songhai sold you to arabs
Re: Lies About Oyo Empire by Nobody: 2:24pm On Dec 14, 2015
macof:

you mean the ugly dolls you carved naked??

looool! the transatlantic slave trade, carried slaves to south america, north america europe etc. who are the majority of slaves in these areas?? up till date, in brazil, cuba etc there are yoruba speaking people there!!!! smh lie he said, you are the most enslaved race in the world!!!

how? when? where? yet most european slaves are yorubas? grin grin grin are you sure in your infinite stupidity you didnt sell your brothers thinking it was us?? of course you didnt, the difference between a yoruba and hausa man is always clear!!!!

keep lying to yourselves, like i said, you cant draw a line between us, but if there were slaves in our relationship with them, maybe you should examine the situation a bit more and understand who the slave is and to who.
Re: Lies About Oyo Empire by macof(m): 2:25pm On Dec 14, 2015
kaura5000:
You had no contact with songhay or mali because if you did we were had more chance of knowing than you... because we were part of songhay empire so dont tell me nonsense
Smh! Mumu, if we had contact with songhay and mali. How come Ahmed Baba wrote about yoruba nation
How come islam is called "religion of mali" in yoruba?

Yoruba reached modern Burkina Faso and ivory coast , but you think we didn't notice Mali or Songhai? Where's ur brain?
Re: Lies About Oyo Empire by Nobody: 2:28pm On Dec 14, 2015
macof:

which language did we adopt? was it your fathers? which one did we lose? dimwit!

maguzawas exist until today, lot like yorubas didnt forcefully become christians. we adopted islam of our own freewill, you were force by your slavemasters, one group of many!!!

3. Lost their dynasties
every single hausa emirate still exists! whats your point??

loool! wroooong! only race that was never enslaved by another race in africa!!!!!! can you say the same? even nupes enslaved you for christ sake!

what do you mean dominated??
Re: Lies About Oyo Empire by kaura5000: 2:29pm On Dec 14, 2015
Haha idiot those slaves you quote were not Hausa people.. but Yoruba who were caught by nupee and paid as tribute to queen amino.. who were sold to Yoruba again who shipped their brothers to america Brazil Cuba and whole world..... Hausa is whose language then if its not Hausa people? Leave that your stupid nolo Saharan theory until you tell me from who the Hausa people adopt Hausa lanfuage
macof:

3. Lost their dynasties
Re: Lies About Oyo Empire by Nobody: 2:29pm On Dec 14, 2015
macof:

Smh! Mumu, if we had contact with songhay and mali. How come Ahmed Baba wrote about yoruba nation

Yoruba reached modern Burkina Faso and ivory coast , but you think we didn't notice Mali or Songhai? Where's ur brain?

shuuut up!!!!!! who gave you your name? grin grin grin grin grin

what were you doing in burkina faso and ivory coast, did they sell you too grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Lies About Oyo Empire by kaura5000: 2:35pm On Dec 14, 2015
Tell me the name of the book Ahmed Baba wrote about Yoruba you congenital liar.. you had no business and had never done any with songhay because all you after is your kiriji wars to sell your kinds to work in hausaland Brazil etc
macof:

Re: Lies About Oyo Empire by kaura5000: 2:41pm On Dec 14, 2015
The objectives of her conquests were twofold: extension of her nation beyond its primary borders and reducing the conquered cities to a vassal status. Sultan Muhammad Bello of Sokoto stated that, "She made war upon these countries and overcame them entirely so that the people of Katsina paid tribute to her and the men of Kano and... also made war on cities of Bauchi till her kingdom reached to the sea in the south and the west." Likewise, she led her armies as far as Kwararafa and Nupe and, according to the Kano Chronicle, "The Sarkin Nupe sent her (i.e. the princess) 40 eunuchs and 10,000 kola nuts.... haha these were the yoruba slaves caught by nupee and given to queen amina as tribute who would later sell their brothers to them fir shipment to the americas
Re: Lies About Oyo Empire by macof(m): 2:42pm On Dec 14, 2015
kaura5000:
Your kiriji wars produced the greatest number of slaves that were exported to hausaland Europe and Cuba Brazil etch you tiger lined face idiot

Proof pls? Show me documentation cus the 19th century is not too far along
the evidence of yoruba slaves in Hausaland should be very visible

cheesy grin grin Wtf! You insult yoruba for having facial marks? Omg! Hausas have the most horrific facial marks. . You don't know ur people have facial marks? Omg!

1 Like

Re: Lies About Oyo Empire by kaura5000: 2:47pm On Dec 14, 2015
What proof you need more than queen amina's
macof:

cheesy grin grin Wtf! You insult yoruba for having facial marks? Omg! Hausas have the most horrific facial marks. . You don't know ur people have facial marks? Omg!
conquest
Re: Lies About Oyo Empire by Nobody: 2:50pm On Dec 14, 2015
macof:

Nothing can be more horrific than this. As if they're faces aren't a horror show on their own, they had to add insult to injury!

Re: Lies About Oyo Empire by macof(m): 2:51pm On Dec 14, 2015
MorrowCaligari:

yess, apparently the man who gave you your name?? how sad!!! a songhai named your people!! and seriously? when arab scholars were writing about hausa civilizations in the 9th century looooooool! i told you, you are nothing, good for nothing but slavery!!! and the only dealings youd have with malians and songhais would be when they push your people into caravans and sell you off.

smh! clown of a race!!!

You asked me to provide name of the book Ahmed Baba wrote about yoruba. .so now I ask, since I don't have an answer to ur question, what are the names of these books written by arabs in the 9th century about hausaland?

Germans were named by the Romans? The British too. . Hebrews named so by foreigners, the entire Europe is named so by Phoenicians
So what's all this nonsense?

Mehn! U folks lack common sense, I thought you said we never had dealings with Malians and Songhai. .now we had dealings but they enslaved us.
Pls maintain one argument and making a fool of urself

3 Likes

Re: Lies About Oyo Empire by macof(m): 2:55pm On Dec 14, 2015
MorrowCaligari:

the idiott doesnt know, they got almost everything from us, they even use our words in their vocabulary!

the only thing theyre good at is being slaves

What did we get from you? Words? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin are you clowns now?
Because we say "wahala" "alubosa" these are arab words you iidiot. .. how can you claim arab words? Damn!

1 Like

Re: Lies About Oyo Empire by macof(m): 2:57pm On Dec 14, 2015
kaura5000:

You were part of the Empire as subjected people not elites. . Gosh! Taking pride in subjection. .typical hausa feature undecided

1 Like

Re: Lies About Oyo Empire by Nobody: 3:00pm On Dec 14, 2015
macof:

What did we get from you? Words? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin are you clowns now?
Because we say "wahala" "alubosa" these are arab words you iidiot. .. how can you claim arab words? Damn!

arabs call it basl, we call it albasa, why do you call it alubosa not bosa or something grin grin grin

theieves!!! theres a whole thread dedicated to your thievery!!!!

here are some

Asiri Ashiri Secret
Agogo Agogo Secret
Tuba Tuba Repentance
Lafia Alafia Fine/Good health
Amfani Anfani Usefulness
Albarka Alubarika Profit/dividend (ire can be used for profit in Yoruba)
Malu Malu Cow
Titi(Hanya) Titi(o’no) Road

thieeeeeeves!!!!! i guess all of those words are from arabic too!!!
Re: Lies About Oyo Empire by macof(m): 3:01pm On Dec 14, 2015
kaura5000:
The objectives of her conquests were twofold: extension of her nation beyond its primary borders and reducing the conquered cities to a vassal status. Sultan Muhammad Bello of Sokoto stated that, "She made war upon these countries and overcame them entirely so that the people of Katsina paid tribute to her and the men of Kano and... also made war on cities of Bauchi till her kingdom reached to the sea in the south and the west." Likewise, she led her armies as far as Kwararafa and Nupe and, according to the Kano Chronicle, "The Sarkin Nupe sent her (i.e. the princess) 40 eunuchs and 10,000 kola nuts.... haha these were the yoruba slaves caught by nupee and given to queen amina as tribute who would later sell their brothers to them fir shipment to the americas

Can you provide evidence that Amina ever reached the sea. .or just another shiit that Mohammed Bello said when high on cow dung?

Can you provide evidence that Nupes enslaved Yorubas. . The same nupe who Oyo conquered in the late 16th century?
Re: Lies About Oyo Empire by Nobody: 3:02pm On Dec 14, 2015
macof:

You were part of the Empire as subjected people not elites. . Gosh! Taking pride in subjection. .typical hausa feature undecided

shuuut up!!! we were subjects and their king married one of his daughters to his subjects! sure!! grin grin
Re: Lies About Oyo Empire by macof(m): 3:04pm On Dec 14, 2015
kaura5000:
What proof you need more than queen amina's conquest

Did she conquer Yorubaland? OK I know you'll say yes undecided
Re: Lies About Oyo Empire by Nobody: 3:08pm On Dec 14, 2015
macof:

You asked me to provide name of the book Ahmed Baba wrote about yoruba. .so now I ask, since I don't have an answer to ur question, what are the names of these books written by arabs in the 9th century about hausaland?
hausa was mentioned by Yaqu'bi in the 9th century, in Tarikh al yaqubi.

Germans were named by the Romans? The British too. . Hebrews named so by foreigners, the entire Europe is named so by Phoenicians
So what's all this nonsense?

just answer the question!! who named you yoruba? the name you so proudly call yourself today? just answer the question!

Mehn! U folks lack common sense, I thought you said we never had dealings with Malians and Songhai. .now we had dealings but they enslaved us.
Pls maintain one argument and making a fool of urself
i said the only reason theyd have dealings with you is to enslave you!
Re: Lies About Oyo Empire by macof(m): 3:08pm On Dec 14, 2015
MorrowCaligari:

shuuut up!!! we were subjects and their king married one of his daughters to his subjects! sure!! grin grin

We all know why that happened. Marriage to ur king means nothing
Re: Lies About Oyo Empire by Nobody: 3:11pm On Dec 14, 2015
macof:

Can you provide evidence that Amina ever reached the sea. .or just another shiit that Mohammed Bello said when high on cow dung?

Can you provide evidence that Nupes enslaved Yorubas. . The same nupe who Oyo conquered in the late 16th century?

Oyo had grown into a formidable inland power by the end of the 14th century. For over a century, the Yoruba state had expanded at the expense of its neighbors. During the reign of Onigbogi, Oyo suffered military defeats at the hands of the Nupe led by Tsoede. Sometime around 1535, the Nupe occupied Oyo and forced its ruling dynasty to take refuge in the kingdom of Borgu. The Nupe sacked the capital, destroying Oyo as a regional power until the early 17th century

LOOOOOOOL! hahahahaahahha! grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Important Things You Should Know About The Igbo Traditional Wedding / The Significance Of Oranmiyan Staff And Ife Immovable Heritage Resource. / Let Have Some Fun Mention One "Pidgin Proverbs" You Know?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.