Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,200 members, 7,835,977 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:35 PM

Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? (39146 Views)

Can Christians Really Be Friends And Connect With Those Of Other Faiths? / Born Gay? It's Not Your Fault / Is It Really Compulsory To Go To Church On Sundays?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (39) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by mccloud224(m): 12:14pm On Jun 05, 2009
@ audio

Great comment.I'll correct yours with two pointers though.

(1)Sex between a man and a boy is homosexuality (the term pedophilia is a derivative)

(2)I assume you are christian coz you urge me to practice what i preach.As a christian, i believe you read both the old testament and the new testament.In the old testament, the lord instructed his people to put to death any male that indulges in homosexuality.

Now these are the words of the lord,the lord that created man and the universe,the lord who's laws we as christians follow.Are now saying he made an error there?Are you now saying he had an oversight?Listen man,God created man and gave him a woman (not a man as companion).There is a reason why a man has a penis and a woman has a vagina.If the man tends to have anal "preferences", well the woman has that too.This is bloody perversion and nothing more.

Dont let too much education get into your head.Quit watching too much DSTV, lol
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by honeric01(m): 12:16pm On Jun 05, 2009
@audio
You can call me whatever, but that won't stop me from saying what I believe.
You are waiting for proof from the beast lovers? Wait until one is bold enough to venture into their fake research just to prove his or her point that they were born to love animals since science dictates that humans are higher class of animals, do you think the beast lovers won't say they must have gotten their genes from one of the animals just like it was before when the world thought homosexuality was just a sexual fantasy.
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by mccloud224(m): 12:19pm On Jun 05, 2009
@honeric1

Thank you jare.No mind all these " i too sabi book " people wey dey ready to swallow oyibo feaces just to feel among.Nonsense.
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by AEjiro(m): 12:22pm On Jun 05, 2009
@AEjiro
My guy i know that is might be hard to believe or accept. Man's believe and reverence on religion is mainly dude to FAITH and not FACTS, you cannot use the holy books to prove FACTS maybe u can use it to say what you think is wonrg or right depending on what you believe in ( pls do read the poster very well).
I think the questions is about proving what is a fact and not what you think maybe right or wrong

I was only reply to the fact that he said the holy book wre silient on the homosexuality. and not making a point on if one can be born as one or not. Read my post
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by honeric01(m): 12:22pm On Jun 05, 2009
@audio
You are yet to answer the questions I asked you concerning those that practice beastiality and homosexuality, what is the difference between a beast lover that grew up only attracted to animals by having them around just for that reason and a gay that's attracted to his or fellow with same reasons as of the beast lover?
Please don't dodge the questions with name calling
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by audio: 12:26pm On Jun 05, 2009
mccloud224:

@honeric1

Thank you jare.No mind all these " i too sabi book " people wey dey ready to swallow oyibo feaces just to feel among.Nonsense.

Here's and idea, why don't you and honeric form a little hunt party, track down all the gay people and kill them. That way, the world will be rid of this great man made sin. Oh and don't forget to kill all the gay priests too, wouldn't want them to escape, oh and all the little 10 year old boys just discovering their gay, make sure you make theirs especially painful.

Yes i am a christian and i don't base my beliefs on the old testament. I base them on what Jesus said. He came down to make sure that every misinterpretation was corrected, straight from the Son of God himself.

His words, love your neighbour as thyself. I don't recall it saying, "love your neighbour as thyself, except gay people, kill them"
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by honeric01(m): 12:30pm On Jun 05, 2009
@audio
did I say I hate them? All I am saying is that they shouldn't justify their sins by trying to make it look natural, the original post said the topic is for christians so since the bible discourages it, that makes it wrong because the bible is every true christian's guide.
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by honeric01(m): 12:31pm On Jun 05, 2009
@audio
did I say I hate them? All I am saying is that they shouldn't justify their sins by trying to make it look natural, the original post said the topic is for christians so since the bible discourages it, that makes it wrong because the bible is every true christian's guide.
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by AEjiro(m): 12:34pm On Jun 05, 2009
@AEjiro
   My guy i know that is might be hard to believe or accept. Man's believe and reverence on religion is mainly dude to FAITH and not FACTS,  you cannot use the holy books to prove FACTS maybe u can use it to say what you think is wonrg or right depending on what you believe in ( pls do read the poster very well).
 I think the questions is about proving what is a fact and not what you think maybe right or wrong

I was only reply to the fact that he said the holy book wre silient on the homosexuality. and not making a point on if one can be born as one or not. Read my post
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by mccloud224(m): 12:35pm On Jun 05, 2009
Hmmm, me and honeric1 going out hunting is a lil deviant from what we were talking about dont you think?I thought you were a "focused intellect".

Hmmm, you only take extracts from the old testament.So that means you have no regard for the ten commandments,you dont believe the lord created the earth in seven days,you don't believe the isrealites crossed the red sea and Jesus didn't descend from David's lineage.Hmmm, talk about hypocrisy and back to back talk.

Get your mind right hommie.The bible also says "heaven and earth shall pass away but my word remains forever".This new age "selection of bible testaments is growing problem in today's christians.People now select what part of the bible suits them.I can't blame them though, the old testament is too harsh for them and this is the computer age and people must live their lives as they see fit right? lipsrsealed All in the name of being civilized and exposed.Nonsense.
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by audio: 12:36pm On Jun 05, 2009
honeric01:

@audio

Jesus never said anything specific about Gay people, unless i missed it. Remember, it's not just God patrolling the earth, the devil is too. He might have invented the gay gene as his little party trick.

Beastiality is not genetic, it's choice. Nobody grows up only attracted to animals, i mean come on, how old are you? Or will you say anything to try and prove your point.
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by devimcy: 12:43pm On Jun 05, 2009
this  question is like asking if some people were born thieves, or born adulterers, or born hemp smokers, or born looters, or born lesbians or even born madmen my friend evil is evil. i don't agree that there is any born gay, it is developed through desire consciously or unconsciously like every other sin, one can also be possesed by the spirit as a result of one thing or the other to believe that one is born gay is to believe that the act can not be cured. In a sense justifying the act and its perpetrators. most gays in African set up are due to one cult or the other. some of us that know history very well can tell you how this so called gay n lesbian started. remember Jesus Christ said in the beginning it was not so.
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by Nobody: 12:45pm On Jun 05, 2009
audio:

Jesus never said anything specific about Gay people, unless i missed it. Remember, it's not just God patrolling the earth, the devil is too. He might have invented the gay gene as his little party trick.

Beastiality is not genetic, it's choice. Nobody grows up only attracted to animals, i mean come on, how old are you? Or will you say anything to try and prove your point.

There is no point arguing with them

1. They think homosexuality was imported through colonization.

2. Homosexuality isn't a genetic "defect" ( I still don't like this term), but a sexual perversion.

3. Sex between a man and a boy is first and foremost a homosexual act before being pedophilia (Sex between an adult and a child is pedophilia. Full stop. We can as well call rape a heterosexual act and maybe ease the sentence for the guilty, right? Afterall it's pronature and leads to procreation. At this point do you also think pregnancies as a consequence of rape should be continued?)

4. As you have stated it looks like a discussion about human superiority. These guys are nothing but masked Nazis. [size=4pt]But it's a pity Hitlet wouldn't have accepted them. They were just a step above the Jews.[/size]  grin
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by mccloud224(m): 12:49pm On Jun 05, 2009
Masked Nazis huh?Really smart Michie girl.And if you got robbed and the robber claims "he was born that way" and their are group of "robbery unions" willing to defend him, would you still have this "they are masked nazis" stuck up opinion?I think NOT.
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by mnwankwo(m): 12:53pm On Jun 05, 2009
@Mahabone

@m_nwankwo
You threw abundant light on this issue but u sounds more like a buddhist even tho the word GOD GOD GOD filled ur write up. Maybe u r fond of reading these indian spirtitual literatures. It's a good thing though, me i do read sometimes at lest to upgrade my knowledge base spititually. I do agree with u that this gay guys have internal women bodies. Infact one need to interact with them to see that they're 100%  women more especially the transexuals among them,  One could also become gay via influences, this type of gay should be condemned completely. Where i don't agree with u was where u linked gay to reincarnation. If u truely knew what reincarnation is all about, i doubt if u did make such comment. Reincarnation though many don't believe in it works pari-passu with the law of karma. Law of karma is like bouncing a tennis ball on the wall, it'll ceratinly hit back to u while reincarnation beams searchlight on ones life on this earth, the good and bad things he/she did determines the form to take in next life. If u believe that God created man solmnly on his own, that's man has no hands in his making and that this gay guys posses internal woman bodies which is not of their own making, is it right to condemn them? Pls don't look at me like that i am not a guy but this very question has been bothering me 4 quite long. Reincarnation can only play out on soneone on issues he/she has control over and therefore responsible for the actions undertaking. I neither support nor condemn this gay thing, Let God determine their lot.

Thank you for your comment. I am not a Budhist and neither do I draw what I state from any of the indian spiritual literatures. I am absolutely certain about reincarnation and have several experiences in that connection. Reincarnation is a consequence of the Law of Love. The law of karma is just a part of the Law of Love. You already stated and correctly so that our choices, thoughts, motives, words and intutions in this life determine our fate in the next life. Why then will it will be hard to see that what is happening to us in this life is determined by what we did in the past and that include our activities in previous earthlifes as well as our activities in beyound the earthly enviroments. The spirit remains what it when God created it, that is if it was created a female, it remains so. But the spirit has coverings or cloacks, the last of which is our earthly body. These cloacks change if the spirit changes the nature of its activities from male to female and vice versa. If  any of the covering of the spirit is different from the original nature of the spirit, that is if any of the covering of a female spirit has a male structure, then a distortion has occured. While the other coverings of the spirit can automatically change becuase they are more mobile, the physical body cannot change immediately because of its density, the change in the physical body will then take place in the next earthlife. Thus my point is that it is the spirit that caused the distortion of its cloacks and only the spirit  can reverse the distortion. To reverse the distortion, the distorted soul requires help form God.

God created man as a seed and the decision to remain a seed  or develop into a tree (human spirit with a personality) is the choice of the seed. Many seeds choose to remain as seed (spirit germs) and many others chose to develop into a human spirit. Those that choose to develop decided by the nature of their free will whether to distort or not distort their bodies, wheather to be born in poverty or royalty, wheather to be born a man or a woman, wheather to be born with perfect genes or inherit genetic disorders etc. The point I am making is that God have given the spirit seed the inherent abilty to determine its fate through its free will. Thus we decide our fate using the power of God. If we use this power as God wills, then blesings, love and harmony will follow us and our eviroment but if we use the power of God in disobedience to the will of God, then destruction and evil will be the consequence. Thus the choice is free but we are irrevocably bound to the consequences of our choice. No one has a right to condem gay people or any other sinner for that matter for no one is so pure that he or does not need cleansing himself. The path to true spiritual growth lies in love of all that God created without reservation. Stay blessed.
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by huxley2(m): 12:56pm On Jun 05, 2009
devimcy:

this question is like asking if some people were born thieves, or born adulterers, or born hemp smokers, or born looters, or born lesbians or even born madmen my friend evil is evil. i don't agree that there is any born gay, it is developed through desire consciously or unconsciously like every other sin, one can also be possesed by the spirit as a result of one thing or the other to believe that one is born gay is to believe that the act can not be cured. In a sense justifying the act and its perpetrators. most gays in African set up are due to one cult or the other. some of us that know history very well can tell you how this so called gay n lesbian started. remember Jesus Christ said in the beginning it was not so.

Vacuous boasting. C'mon tell us then.
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by chinnys(f): 12:58pm On Jun 05, 2009
No i don't think so!
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by huxley2(m): 12:58pm On Jun 05, 2009
devimcy:

this question is like asking if some people were born thieves, or born adulterers, or born hemp smokers, or born looters, or born lesbians or even born madmen my friend evil is evil. i don't agree that there is any born gay, it is developed through desire consciously or unconsciously like every other sin, one can also be possesed by the spirit as a result of one thing or the other to believe that one is born gay is to believe that the act can not be cured. In a sense justifying the act and its perpetrators. most gays in African set up are due to one cult or the other. some of us that know history very well can tell you how this so called gay n lesbian started. remember Jesus Christ said in the beginning it was not so.

Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by JJYOU: 1:02pm On Jun 05, 2009
huxley2:

are you gay too?
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by mnwankwo(m): 1:03pm On Jun 05, 2009
@Chrisbenogor,

@m_nwankwo
As always I love reading your points of view, just a deep seated feeling a long acquired wisdom

Thank you Chris for your kind words. I also admire you and you points of view. Stay blessed.
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by audio: 1:03pm On Jun 05, 2009
devimcy:

this  question is like asking if some people were born thieves, or born adulterers, or born hemp smokers, or born looters, or born lesbians or even born madmen my friend evil is evil. i don't agree that there is any born gay, it is developed through desire consciously or unconsciously like every other sin, one can also be possesed by the spirit as a result of one thing or the other to believe that one is born gay is to believe that the act can not be cured. In a sense justifying the act and its perpetrators. most gays in African set up are due to one cult or the other. some of us that know history very well can tell you how this so called gay n lesbian started. remember Jesus Christ said in the beginning it was not so.

Please, as an enlightned christian in 2009, i really expect more from my fellow Nigerian Christians. Some of you sound brainwashed. I have no doubt in my mind that if one these pastors in Nigeria instructs his followers to go and kill gay people they will actually go and do it.

most gays in African set up are due to one cult or the other. some of us that know history very well can tell you how this so called gay n lesbian started. remember Jesus Christ said in the beginning it was not so.

I'm almost sure you're on LSD, cause nothing else can explain this statement in logical terms

The ignorance is stifling. When will Nigerians differntiate between scientific fact and religion, they are not the same thing. I guess the fossils showing that the world is billions of years old and not actually created in 7 days were also planted by some cult.

Man i no post again. You guys are a lost cause. Educate your mind, don't use religion as an excuse for ignorance.
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by huxley2(m): 1:05pm On Jun 05, 2009
m_nwankwo:

@Mahabone
Thank you for your comment. I am not a Budhist and neither do I draw what I state from any of the indian spiritual literatures. I am absolutely certain about reincarnation and have several experiences in that connection. Reincarnation is a consequence of the Law of Love. The law of karma is just a part of the Law of Love. You already stated and correctly so that our choices, thoughts, motives, words and intutions in this life determine our fate in the next life. Why then will it will be hard to see that what is happening to us in this life is determined by what we did in the past and that include our activities in previous earthlifes as well as our activities in beyound the earthly enviroments. The spirit remains what it when God created it, that is if it was created a female, it remains so. But the spirit has coverings or cloacks, the last of which is our earthly body. These cloacks change if the spirit changes the nature of its activities from male to female and vice versa. If  any of the covering of the spirit is different from the original nature of the spirit, that is if any of the covering of a female spirit has a male structure, then a distortion has occured. While the other coverings of the spirit can automatically change becuase they are more mobile, the physical body cannot change immediately because of its density, the change in the physical body will then take place in the next earthlife. Thus my point is that it is the spirit that caused the distortion of its cloacks and only the spirit  can reverse the distortion. To reverse the distortion, the distorted soul requires help form God.

You of all people, as a man of science, must know that your personal certainty counts for nothing.   Show us the evidence and better still the mechanism for reincarnation.

m_nwankwo:

God created man as a seed and the decision to remain a seed  or develop into a tree (human spirit with a personality) is the choice of the seed. Many seeds choose to remain as seed (spirit germs) and many others chose to develop into a human spirit. Those that choose to develop decided by the nature of their free will whether to distort or not distort their bodies, wheather to be born in poverty or royalty, wheather to be born a man or a woman, wheather to be born with perfect genes or inherit genetic disorders etc. The point I am making is that God have given the spirit seed the inherent abilty to determine its fate through its free will. Thus we decide our fate using the power of God. If we use this power as God wills, then blesings, love and harmony will follow us and our eviroment but if we use the power of God in disobedience to the will of God, then destruction and evil will be the consequence. Thus the choice is free but we are irrevocably bound to the consequences of our choice. No one has a right to condem gay people or any other sinner for that matter for no one is so pure that he or does not need cleansing himself. The path to true spiritual growth lies in love of all that God created without reservation. Stay blessed.

How does  this tally with the scientifically accepted fact that humans evolved from primates many millions of years ago?  At what stage did god inserminate the humans with the seed?
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by JJYOU: 1:07pm On Jun 05, 2009
huxley2:

Vacuous boasting.  C'mon tell us then.
are you gay too?
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by Nobody: 1:08pm On Jun 05, 2009
audio:

Man i no post again.
    /\
     i
     i
 Was wondering when u were goin to say that undecided
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by DrLorenz1(m): 1:08pm On Jun 05, 2009
Very very interesting replies i must say. There's a question i want to ask, Is the poster gay? Or perhaps know someone very close who is? I know she said the post is for Christians, but i just can't help asking,

@mccloud
I don't think ur argument with audio will end from the way things are going, grin. Me thinks that although he says he's a Christian, he just might have those tendencies earlier talked about at the beginning  wink.

@honeric
Even if you do hate them, i don't think it's that bad, although hating their sins is better  grin. If God hates sin and its already proven that homosexuality is a sin, then y can't you or anybody else who follows what God says can't hate it? Are we greater than God?

@audio
Jesus said "love your neighbour as yourself" agreed. If there wasn't the Old Testament, there wouldn't have been the New. So ur not basing your beliefs in the Old Testament is like saying your belief is half-based. In the Bible, God didn't specify which part of the Bible is His word. He said the Bible is His word.

Oh one more thing Audio, i see why you're having that argument, u didn't read the story of Sodom and Gomorrah  grin. If God was angry with them, do you think He's not angry with this generation of "PEI (Psycho-emotional Disorder)? Jesus came to die for our sins, not to pave the way for us to add more,
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by huxley2(m): 1:11pm On Jun 05, 2009
JJYOU:

are you gay too?

Did anything I posted suggest I am gay? Supposing I am gay - how does it matter?
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by Nobody: 1:11pm On Jun 05, 2009
mccloud224:

Masked Nazis huh?Really smart Michie girl.And if you got robbed and the robber claims "he was born that way" and their are group of "robbery unions" willing to defend him, would you still have this "they are masked nazis" stuck up opinion?I think NOT.

Oh please. Sex is a natural instinct, like sleeping, eating and even farting, yeah. They are all needs we can't deny.

We have people who like fruits and those who hate them. Some like to sleep on the couch while others find it too uncomfortable. Some don't like to fart loud while others think it's cool and it could be made a game (talking from personal experience). But everybody eats, sleeps and farts. They all do it and the same goes for sex.

Now that we know that sex is a natural instinct we can get moral on how it should be practiced.

You as a christian say it must be between a man and a woman and it must be after marriage.
In your position you rule out sexual acts like:

1. Any form of premarital sex
2. Homosexuality
3. Bestiality

However acts like
1. Pedophilia
2. Rape inside marriage

are justified. In the North and in Arab countries, men marry little girls and have sex with them. And according to your position it is perfectly right.

I as an atheist say it must be between two consenting adults and marriage is not an important requirement.
So I don't condone:

1. Bestiality
2. Pedophilia of any kind whether legitimated by marriage or not.
3. Rape of any kind (even inside the institution of marriage)

I see nothing wrong with:

1. Heterosexuality
2. Homosexuality.

Your positions has holes and you have no right to spit venom on how two adults have decided to live their private lives. And if you insist on comparing them to thieves let me remind you that in this last case there is a second or third person involved that has been seriously damaged by the act perpetuated on him by the thief.

So tell me what wrong are homosexuals doing you?

Even if i still consider is very ignorant to compate murder, robbery and other criminal acts to sexual orientations, I suggest you compared them to bestiality, pedophilia and rape because here we have a situation whereby the rights of a person or an animal has been neglected, therefor the law is authorized to come in and inflict the right punishment.
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by DrLorenz1(m): 1:26pm On Jun 05, 2009
"I as an atheist, " sad. Then what are you doing commenting? If you didnt read the beginning, the poster said it's for Christians.

@huxley
If you're gay, then what exactly is your opinion? That being gay is right or its possible to be born gay? Whichever case, this thread wasn't posted so as to highlight the rights of gays, just incase that's your underlying motive
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by Nobody: 1:39pm On Jun 05, 2009
Dr. Lorenz:

"I as an atheist, " sad. Then what are you doing commenting? If you didnt read the beginning, the poster said it's for Christians.

Sorry but the thread is posted under religion. I didn't know Christianity = religion.

*roll eyes* at your christiancentric self.
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by pilgrim1(f): 1:45pm On Jun 05, 2009
Born Gay?

Here are some considerations from various perspectives.

[list]● Homosexuality may be issue of brain chemistry
Scientists have searched for ways to determine if sexual preference is a matter of choice or biology. Still, they have failed to develop convincing evidence one way or the other. Genes once touted as prompting homosexuality, for example, have fizzled out, and studies of hormonal influences during fetal development are inconclusive.
>snip<
"I don't think homosexuality can easily be conceptualized as just one thing -- a phenomenon that is due to one particular developmental pathway," said Heino F. L. Meyer-Bahlburg, a Columbia University professor of clinical psychology who was not involved in the research. "Like most behavior, homosexuality has multiple pathways. We're at the crude beginning to understand all of this. This (the University of Chicago study) is a promising development and a very exciting one."
Source: www.wsusignpost.com/media/storage/paper985/news/2003/11/26/AtAGlance/Homosexuality.May.Be.Issue.Of.Brain.Chemistry-2108151.shtml">The Sign Post, Weber State University[/list]

[list] ● The Real Story on Gay Genes
[ ]. . . “Who cares about gay men or lesbian women?” asks geneticist Sven Bocklandt of the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA. “Sexual selection defines evolution and creation—such a major ¬player in determining society—and we have no idea how it works. This is much larger than the gay gene; it’s about all sexual ¬reproduction.”
[ ]. . . [Dean] Hamer had just published a study that claimed not only to have finally proved that male homosexuality was at least partially genetic but also to have pinpointed the stretch of chromosome where one of the genes involved resided. . . . Fourteen years later, neither Bocklandt nor any other researcher has pinpointed the precise base pairs that might turn a man gay.
[ ]. . . Although a follow-up study by the team replicated their findings, a study by George Rice, a neuroscientist at the University of Western Ontario, refuted Hamer’s findings completely. In addition, two other researchers told me they don’t consider Hamer’s study valid.
[i]Source:
Discover Science, Technology and the Future.[/list]

[list] ● from NARTH (last updated February 2008):
Many laymen now believe that homosexuality is part of who a person really is ¬ from the moment of conception. The "genetic and unchangeable" theory has been actively promoted by gay activists and the popular media. Is homosexuality really an inborn and normal variant of human nature?
No. There is no evidence that shows that homosexuality is simply "genetic." And none of the research claims there is. Only the press and certain researchers do, when speaking in sound bites to the public.
(source: http://www.narth.com/docs/istheregene.html)[/list]

. . . more from NARTH -
National Association for Research & Therapy of Homosexuality:

● Study Seeks To Discover Genetic Origin Of Homosexuality

● Facts, Not flattery, About Same-Sex Attraction

● "Homosexuality Is Not Hardwired," Concludes Dr. Francis S. Collins,
Head Of The Human Genome Project

● Anthony Bogaert (& Friends) Grasping At A Straw

● Is There a "Gay Gene"?

Please visit the NARTH website to read more
(http://www.narth.com/menus/born.html)
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by JeSoul(f): 2:03pm On Jun 05, 2009
Dr. Lorenz:

Very very interesting replies i must say. There's a question i want to ask, Is the poster gay? Or perhaps know someone very close who is? I know she said the post is for Christians, but i just can't help asking,

Dr, nope not gay smiley. And I believe the bible when it says its a deviation from the norm. & while I don't have any friends personally who are I've worked very closely with a few and they have been warm, honest, genuine people even though I disagree with their lifestyle. It made me want to understand them better. And as said in the first post, it came up under discussion during a bible study.
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by AEjiro(m): 2:05pm On Jun 05, 2009
Yes i am a christian and i don't base my beliefs on the old testament. I base them on what Jesus said. He came down to make sure that every misinterpretation was corrected, straight from the Son of God himself.

If u re a christian u ll know christ said i did not come to change the law but to fulfill them

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (39) (Reply)

Lagos Pastor: "I Only Had Sex With 6 Out Of The 30 Underaged Girls" / Franklin Graham's Tweet About Stephen Hawkins And The Reply He Got / Woman Slumps And Dies While Singing On Altar In Delta Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 133
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.