Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,065 members, 7,835,602 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:19 PM

Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? (39141 Views)

Can Christians Really Be Friends And Connect With Those Of Other Faiths? / Born Gay? It's Not Your Fault / Is It Really Compulsory To Go To Church On Sundays?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (39) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by Nobody: 9:53am On Jun 05, 2009
A-town:

Being Gay can be classified into two groups ;

1. People who were born with genetic deformations e.g predominance of female genes in a male and vice versa
2. People who choose to be gay out of social conditions.

You can be born gay just as well as we have hermanphrodites. Kapeesh

/\
        i
        i
     sad  i donot kno why people find it so hard to bliv
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by erico2k2(m): 9:54am On Jun 05, 2009
A-town:

Being Gay can be classified into two groups ;

1. People who were born with genetic deformations e.g predominance of female genes in a male and vice versa
2. People who choose to be gay out of social conditions.

You can be born gay just as well as we have hermanphrodites. Kapeesh
Spot on my friend.
lol I love that word Kapeesh
anyway there more than 2 groups there is a third classified under personality dissorder, I bet most people dont know this,Doctors here in the West have been dealing with these for ages, its the tendency for one to think he is two diffrent person at same time,nowto how it relates to gay is this, He or She thinks He is a She and at other times a He,Now this is the worse form,I have seen two people with this Disorder here in London, they are being treated though fru therapy called BCPU,if you are a Doc in the house you would know what this means
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by Horus(m): 10:29am On Jun 05, 2009
mccloud224:

Anyone who believes being Gay from birth is true is decieving his/herself.Lets leave out the religious implications, being gay is a result of a breakdown in morals and personal discipline.Its speaks of a total lack of self control.

And what about Gays pastors?

i don't think i'd like the idea of a fellow man looking at me as a sexual object.The thought of it freaks me out.

Did you noticed anything suspicious with your pastor? grin
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by erico2k2(m): 10:38am On Jun 05, 2009
Horus you no fit kill me grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by Nobody: 10:41am On Jun 05, 2009
Horus:

Did you noticed anything suspicious with your pastor? grin
/\
i
i
lol
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by dejiariyo: 10:46am On Jun 05, 2009
i think this gay issue is caused by to much civilization and westernization, which the arab worlds are fighting against, cos i remember when i was in nigeria, when a guy hold another guys hand, its just a normal thing to do, but when i came to europe, one u hold a guys hand then what will come to ur head if gayish, look at most of nigerians who claim they are gays, is either they have had western influence in them or watching too much of cables.

I dont have any problem with gays as far as they do it in thier room,the only problem i have is them trying to claim right, when did u see a straight man claiming rights? if u wanna be gay, do it in ur bedroom what rights do u need, to Bleep on the main road?
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by Nobody: 10:57am On Jun 05, 2009
dejiariyo:

i think this gay issue is caused by to much civilization and westernization, which the arab worlds are fighting against, cos i remember when i was in nigeria, when a guy hold another guys hand, its just a normal thing to do, but when i came to europe, one u hold a guys hand then what will come to ur head if gayish, look at most of nigerians who claim they are gays, is either they have had western influence in them or watching too much of cables.

I dont have any problem with gays as far as they do it in thier room,the only problem i have is them trying to claim right, when did u see a straight man claiming rights? if u wanna be gay, do it in ur bedroom what rights do u need, to Bleep on the main road?
/\
i
i
r u sur u kno wat u r sayin undecided
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by ILOCHUDI(m): 10:58am On Jun 05, 2009
@C2H5OH
   Guy you are just soooooo ignorant or better still homophobic. Okay if u are rly mad about same sex. What about
  Guys that dosent feel any bit of chemistry,arousal or erection with a woman
  Girls tht dont feel any chemistry or satisfation with men,no matter how hard they try to please or pretend.
  Do they choose to be that way?
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by ILOCHUDI(m): 11:01am On Jun 05, 2009
@C2H5OH
   Guy you are just soooooo ignorant or better still homophobic. Okay if u are rly mad about same sex. What about
  Guys that dosent feel any bit of chemistry,arousal or erection with a woman
  Girls tht dont feel any chemistry or satisfation with men,no matter how hard they try to please or pretend.
  Do they choose to be that way?
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by dejiariyo: 11:04am On Jun 05, 2009
i know a gay pastor in nigeria he used to live in surulere, he had 5 kids from his previous marriage when this man travelled abroad, he did not have visa so he went to do some gay arrange marriage and he told them they will kill him when he returns to lagos, this man is a liar cos i know him well ,am just so sorry cos he is putting christianity in shame.

[flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0p13nz-LwA&hl=en&fs=1&" type="[/flash]
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by rhymz(m): 11:07am On Jun 05, 2009
I am yet to see any1 dat can actually convince me dat certain ppl re borne gay.The fact is dat ppl in d west have a way of giving very sophisticated xplanation even in d middle of a research they give U some kinda forecast into the result of thier research and most likely it ends up so and who re the rest of the world not to d result afterall they ve xperience and insight into evrything even into d supernatural,so they think.That's is why a fellow guy can equate U to a lady afterall it's normal in d western society since their semi God,scientists re coming up with very sophisticated xplanation to make U understand,believe and sympathize with these poor bunch.
Does it make it right,the truth,acceptable or natural,d answer is an emphatic NO in caps.Until society starts to address these issues from the right perspective as it relates to nature,what is generally acceptable,moral standards,religion and the local society in question and not western idiosyncrasies and attempt to justify evry unnatuaral behavior.
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by dejiariyo: 11:10am On Jun 05, 2009
Ziggy_mama:

/\
              i
              i
          r u sur u kno wat u r sayin undecided

it is the truth, we all know this gay thing is influenced by the western world and am sorry nigerians are also trying to justify it, how many gays do u have in the rural areas?its pple who have access to civilization and who thinks anything the whites man says is good, is good without even thinking if its contradict his own belief and faith, if the white man says its good its good syndrome that is killing nigerians , as fela said, zombie o zombie, all he does is to follow follow.

even in america not all states approve of gay rights and i know some places in europe,asia and other continent where they dont believe in the gay rights, cos we nigerians have being bleeped up in the brain by our so called slave masters, we never want to challenge them in anything they say, i hope fela was alive, he would have put sense into this wannabe head.
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by Nezan(m): 11:28am On Jun 05, 2009
No body can be born gay, it is simply perversion.
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by mccloud224(m): 11:29am On Jun 05, 2009
it is the truth, we all know this gay thing is influenced by the western world and am sorry nigerians are also trying to justify it, how many gays do u have in the rural areas?its pple who have access to civilization and who thinks anything the whites man says is good, is good without even thinking if its contradict his own belief and faith, if the white man says its good its good syndrome that is killing nigerians , as fela said, zombie o zombie, all he does is to follow follow.

even in america not all states approve of gay rights and i know some places in europe,asia and other continent where they dont believe in the gay rights, cos we nigerians have being bleeped up in the brain by our so called slave masters,  we never want to challenge them in anything they say, i hope fela was alive, he would have put sense into this wannabe head.[quote][/quote]

Abi oooo, please tell them.Some Nairalanders come up here with their " i too read book " attitude and defend all kinds of crap.In these so called civilized countries,they used to hang or imprison homosexuals.It's true that some men are born with excess female hormones but they are still men nonetheless.The larger percentage are guys that choose to "strafe" other men.Take the ladies for instance, you see a sexy,ravishing looking woman and there is obviously no male gene in her body.She has a womb,ovaries and a uterus (and she is lesbian).Was she born that way?Most women that turn lesbians are the ones that have given up on relationships (they dont want to be controlled and want someone that can understand them).They have all sorts of detest for men but when they are in bed, they use dildoes (talk about hypocrisy).
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by mccloud224(m): 11:30am On Jun 05, 2009
@Nezan

Thank you.You said it all.Bloody perverts.
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by Nobody: 11:32am On Jun 05, 2009
dejiariyo:

it is the truth, we all know this gay thing is influenced by the western world and am sorry nigerians are also trying to justify it, how many gays do u have in the rural areas?its pple who have access to civilization and who thinks anything the whites man says is good, is good [/b]without even thinking if its contradict his own belief and faith, if the white man says its good its good syndrome that is killing nigerians , as fela said, zombie o zombie, all he does is to follow follow.

even in america not all states approve of gay rights and i know some places in europe,asia and other continent where they dont believe in the gay rights, [b]cos we nigerians have being bleeped up in the brain by our so called slave masters,  we never want to challenge them in anything they say
, i hope fela was alive, he would have put sense into this wannabe head.
            /\
            i
            i
   Infact now i kno u donot kno wat u r sayin undecided n i am not even goin to say much but this--->. . wat wil u say about the Hausa 'Dan Daudus' who have no contact whatsoever wit d white man yet r Gay . . plus u hav them in d rural areas too,i guess u donot kno that . .

Oooh between the line grin that Naija Gay activist is a crook.
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 11:34am On Jun 05, 2009
I sincerely hope not, but hope is not an exact scientific meter.

You can be born evil (that we know) because through Adam we where born into sin.

What is Evil, how do you separate the concept of Evil from the Concept of Homosexuality. is there a filtration process that exclusively says being Gay is not Evil or being Evil does not mean you will be Gay. If we can accept that we are born sinners, then it is not improbable that the genes of some Gay folks will inevitably be passed to the children.

If we can accept that the sins of the father carry through generations, then why not being gay.
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by mccloud224(m): 11:36am On Jun 05, 2009
@all guys supporting homosexuals

Na the day wey a gang of homos go rape you una eyes go see well well.Make una dey support bad thing becos una too read book.Nonsense.
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by audio: 11:42am On Jun 05, 2009
Please fellow Nigerians, try not to be too ignorant in public. The internet is not just for Nairaland and Hotmail. Do some research before you come on forums and expose your reduced brain function to the world.

Homosexuality has been around since the days of the Romans. I personally know 3 gay people. They've been gay since secondary school in Nigeria. They hated themselves and even self harmed to try and drive the devil out of them, because that's what those hypocritcal pastors and fellow students (the ones that weren't abusing them or spitting on them) were telling them.

They only found peace when they left Nigeria and escaped to the west.

It's a genetic defect. All of you on here sounding holier than thou could have been born gay. Just pray that you don't carry a latent gene that you can pass on to your children,

Love your neighbour. They can't help the way they are. They need our support and acceptance. Not hate. You all sound like white supremacists talking about black people
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by mccloud224(m): 11:50am On Jun 05, 2009
@ audio

Oh yeah, and how does your "developed brain" feel about pedophiles?There are people that have a sexual preference for young boys and they cant help themselves.Even after leaving jail, they return back to the same thing and that's why long jail terms are given as a deterrent, but still

Pedophilia has been around for as long as civilization itself, get your mind right hommie.
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by mnwankwo(m): 11:52am On Jun 05, 2009
@JeSoul

Okay I see where you're going now.
Strange indeed but its not too far from the scenario the presented in the header of some people been weaker in this particular sin compared to others. I haven't done extensive studies but I highly doubt anyone so far has been able to come up with definitive evidence homosexuality is linked to ones genes. Do you have any evidence that led you to this conclusion?

I already pointed out in my earlier post that I am not aware of a published scientific study associating specific genes or their expression to homosexuality. The reason is that studies on the genetic basis of homosexuality is still at infancy. Thus based on my own beyound the physical experiences, and contact with gay people whose stories suggest strongly of the involvement of genetic factors, I predicted that very soon in the future their will be genes linked to homosexuality.

wow    this one pass my power my brother. I don't believe in re-incarnation becos of the simple fact the bible says "it is appointed to men to die once and then the judgement". But I must certainly say that your beliefs on the matter are very colorful. If someone asked you how you arrived at the above opinons what would your response be?

I am aware that you do not believe in reincarnation and that is one of the reasons I said that you might find my descriptions strange. I arrived on what I stated based on several beyound the physical personal experience of the nature of human souls and how it evolves. Even if many cannot see or sense the spirit, they will see in their enviroment men who believe strongly that the are women and women who believe that the are men. These people do not just believe that they are the opposite of what their physical bodies present them to be but their thinking, words, emotions, motivations etc are the very opposite of what their physical bodies present them to be. Stay blessed.
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by honeric01(m): 11:53am On Jun 05, 2009
And beastiality has been around since God knows, so does that make it right too? If someone says he was born to be attracted to animals, does that make him right? If someone chooses to get married and have sex with animals because he or she has the power to choose, does that make it right? Until you tell me the reasons why being gay is different from being a beast lover, then my answer remains NO, no one is born gay, right from birth, you have the right to choose what you want to be when growing up through your exposure, thinking, environment, upbringing, societal value, religious value and lastly ONCE YOU DOUBT GOD AND HIS WORD, then you are gone.
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by honeric01(m): 11:57am On Jun 05, 2009
And beastiality has been around since God knows, so does that make it right too? If someone says he was born to be attracted to animals, does that make him right? If someone chooses to get married and have sex with animals because he or she has the power to choose, does that make it right? Until you tell me the reasons why being gay is different from being a beast lover, then my answer remains NO, no one is born gay, right from birth, you have the right to choose what you want to be when growing up through your exposure, thinking, environment, upbringing, societal value, religious value and lastly ONCE YOU DOUBT GOD AND HIS WORD, then you are gone.
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by mccloud224(m): 11:58am On Jun 05, 2009
@honeric1

My guy, abeg tell them.Na so dem go dey defend nonsense.Very soon, beastiality marriage laws go enter constitution.Man go dey marry rabbit and woman go dey marry kangaroo.Arrant nonsense. angry
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by audio: 12:05pm On Jun 05, 2009
honeric01:

And beastiality has been around since God knows, so does that make it right too? If someone says he was born to be attracted to animals, does that make him right? If someone chooses to get married and have sex with animals because he or she has the power to choose, does that make it right? Until you tell me the reasons why being gay is different from being a beast lover, then my answer remains NO, no one is born gay, right from birth, you have the right to choose what you want to be when growing up through your exposure, thinking, environment, upbringing, societal value, religious value and lastly ONCE YOU DOUBT GOD AND HIS WORD, then you have gone.

If you're homophobic, that's fine. You can make excuses from today till tomorrow, but that's what you are. Beastiality is a sexual fetish. It has nothing, absolutely nothing to do with your genes. Please prove me wrong by searching the vast internet and pasting just one article in this post that suggests beastiality has ties with genetic make up.

mccloud224:

@ audio

Oh yeah, and how does your "developed brain" feel about pedophiles?There are people that have a sexual preference for young boys and they cant help themselves.Even after leaving jail, they return back to the same thing and that's why long jail terms are given as a deterrent, but still

Pedophilia has been around for as long as civilization itself, get your mind right hommie.

Pedophilia (which by the way, is not the topic of discussion, but i'll allow it) also has genetic ties. It is wrong because it preys on young children. That's why its a criminal offence. I hope that answers your rather obvious question.

Like i said, just thank God that your genetic make up is hetrosexual. Christianity is about love. Please practise what you preach
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by honeric01(m): 12:05pm On Jun 05, 2009
I am waiting for someone to justify beastiality just like homosexuality is being justified one. One sin leads to another. Every sin is sin, It all started from disobedience from Adam and Eve, then followed murder from Cain, now we have thousands of sins all over the world, There is nothing new under the sun, it's just unfortunate that it's being unravelled in our time, Watch out, more is on the rise and as long as earth exist, men would be lovers of themselves and iniquities will abound.
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by honeric01(m): 12:09pm On Jun 05, 2009
I am waiting for someone to justify beastiality just like homosexuality is being justified one. One sin leads to another. Every sin is sin, It all started from disobedience from Adam and Eve, then followed murder from Cain, now we have thousands of sins all over the world, There is nothing new under the sun, it's just unfortunate that it's being unravelled in our time, Watch out, more is on the rise and as long as earth exist, men would be lovers of themselves and iniquities will abound.
@audio
You can call me whatever, but that won't stop me from saying what I believe.
You are waiting for proof from the beast lovers? Wait until one is bold enough to venture into their fake research just to prove his or her point that they were born to love animals just like it was before when the world thought homosexuality was just a sexual fantasy.
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by JJYOU: 12:09pm On Jun 05, 2009
audio:

If you're homophobic, that's fine. You can make excuses from today till tomorrow, but that's what you are. Beastiality is a sexual fetish. It has nothing, absolutely nothing to do with your genes. Please prove me wrong by searching the vast internet and pasting just one article in this post that suggests beastiality has ties with genetic make up.

Pedophilia (which by the way, is not the topic of discussion, but i'll allow it) also has genetic ties. It is wrong because it preys on young children. That's why its a criminal offence. I hope that answers your rather obvious question.

Like i said, just thank God that your genetic make up is hetrosexual. Christianity is about love. Please practise what you preach
can we begin to accept thieves and liars cos they can argue they were born that way plus they are many enough to matter in any democracy.
honeric01:

I am waiting for someone to justify beastiality just like homosexuality is being justified one. One sin leads to another. Every sin is sin,  It all started from disobedience from Adam and Eve, then followed murder from Cain, now we have thousands of sins all over the world,  There is nothing new under the sun, it's just unfortunate that it's being unravelled in our time,  Watch out, more is on the rise and as long as earth exist, men would be lovers of themselves and iniquities will abound.
the word indulgence comes to mind. homosexuality is the choice sin of a single vocal minority.
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by mnwankwo(m): 12:10pm On Jun 05, 2009
@Horny4U

urge you to open heartedly read Nwakwo mail as quoted above, it is full of wisdom ,far from us being pure we must seek wisdom and explanation.Nwankwo i disagee here "undistorted man or woman (normal human beings) senses an inward natural repulsion to those who are already distorted or are in the proceess of distorting their soul"
Should we treat with repulsion another weakness or do we offer sympathetic understanding, while we repluse the act we should not repulse the person after all the leader of all said throw the first stone he who is unstained by sin, abi ke, we are rubbing minds ni o, cos i am a sinner and oh how i wish i could be really pure but we have our propensities and we can throw the water away but please lets save the baby there in is True Love.
N>B i totally believe in reincarnation, totally

Thank you very much for drawing my attention to an interpretation of the last sentence in my post you refered to. I agree with you and my sentence means that human beings who have not distorted their soul and physical bodies are repulsed by homosexuality and other consequences of the distortion. But equally undistorted human beings show smpathetic understanding and love to those who are homosexuals and pray that God will give them the strength to recognise the origin of the problem and the power to solve the problem. He who is imbued with the the power of God loves all human beings irrespective of their colour, race, sexual orientation, religion etc. I am happy that you believe totally in reincarnation. May God strengthen you. Stay blessed.
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by audio: 12:11pm On Jun 05, 2009
honeric01:

I am waiting for someone to justify beastiality just like homosexuality is being justified one. One sin leads to another. Every sin is sin,  It all started from disobedience from Adam and Eve, then followed murder from Cain, now we have thousands of sins all over the world,  There is nothing new under the sun, it's just unfortunate that it's being unravelled in our time,  Watch out, more is on the rise and as long as earth exist, men would be lovers of themselves and iniquities will abound.

All i can say is, thank God you're not president. I wouldn't like to live in a country with you in charge.
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by mnwankwo(m): 12:12pm On Jun 05, 2009
@Horny4U

urge you to open heartedly read Nwakwo mail as quoted above, it is full of wisdom ,far from us being pure we must seek wisdom and explanation.Nwankwo i disagee here "undistorted man or woman (normal human beings) senses an inward natural repulsion to those who are already distorted or are in the proceess of distorting their soul"
Should we treat with repulsion another weakness or do we offer sympathetic understanding, while we repluse the act we should not repulse the person after all the leader of all said throw the first stone he who is unstained by sin, abi ke, we are rubbing minds ni o, cos i am a sinner and oh how i wish i could be really pure but we have our propensities and we can throw the water away but please lets save the baby there in is True Love.
N>B i totally believe in reincarnation, totally

Thank you very much for drawing my attention to an interpretation of the last sentence in my post you refered to. I agree with you and my sentence means that human beings who have not distorted their soul and physical bodies are repulsed by homosexuality and other consequences of the distortion. But equally undistorted human beings show smpathetic understanding and love to those who are homosexuals and pray that God will give them the strength to recognise the origin of the problem and the power to solve the problem. He who is imbued with the the power of God loves all human beings irrespective of their colour, race, sexual orientation, religion etc. I am happy that you believe totally in reincarnation. May God strengthen you. Stay blessed.
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by honeric01(m): 12:14pm On Jun 05, 2009
@audio
You can call me whatever, but that won't stop me from saying what I believe.
You are waiting for proof from the beast lovers? Wait until one is bold enough to venture into their fake research just to prove his or her point that they were born to love animals since science dictates that humans are higher class of animals, do you think the beast lovers won't say they must have gotten their genes from one of the animals just like it was before when the world thought homosexuality was just a sexual fantasy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (39) (Reply)

5 Ways Pre-marital Sex Will Destroy You / Lagos Pastor: "I Only Had Sex With 6 Out Of The 30 Underaged Girls" / Franklin Graham's Tweet About Stephen Hawkins And The Reply He Got

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.