Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,491 members, 7,812,526 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:45 PM

PDP Chieftain Criticizes Buhari Over Allocation Of N39.4bn For Oil Exploration - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Chieftain Criticizes Buhari Over Allocation Of N39.4bn For Oil Exploration (23601 Views)

Tinubu Criticizes Buhari's Economic Policies, Says I Won't Ignore The Truth.. / Remi Tinubu Criticizes Buhari: "Expected Change Is Not Being Experienced" / World Bank Approves N39.4bn Loan For Ambode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PDP Chieftain Criticizes Buhari Over Allocation Of N39.4bn For Oil Exploration by Nobody: 10:20am On Dec 12, 2015
Is this part of his campaign promises?
Re: PDP Chieftain Criticizes Buhari Over Allocation Of N39.4bn For Oil Exploration by princejayboss: 10:27am On Dec 12, 2015
2sexyus:
Agreed... the soil strata, permeability and porosity place a huge part in crude oil accumulation. They should STOP wasting the DAMN money abeg. angry

Somewhat last year, I spoke and wrote about this issue .... I think during the campaign I went into details why its near impossible to achieve this crude thing in the north, I personally predicted the more fall of crude price..... The fall is still coming .... Isis is controlling two major oil production nation.... To the benefit of the west that buy at cheap rate.... If naija want to survive .... It's time to ditch crude and face other resources.... Let the north keep dealing with this nation.... It's well

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PDP Chieftain Criticizes Buhari Over Allocation Of N39.4bn For Oil Exploration by sunsewa: 10:35am On Dec 12, 2015
Peeps mentioning ibe kachikwu as per oil exploration in the north chad basin sounds dumb and reasoning short, so they don't know who pays the Piper dictates to the tune,right from buhari inauguration has his body language approving oil exploration in the north,and he even said it that his administration will invest heavily in search of oil in the north,now what efforts has been made to tap from known virgin oil deposits in Anambra and other areas already confirmed having large deposits, instead of still going on with unsure exploration with scarce resources on this present financial and economic situation of the nation,and also with regards to depreciating value of oil,why not channel efforts towards drilling from already confirmed sites,than wasting funds exploring now,well am not surprise is part of northern agenda of buhari government.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PDP Chieftain Criticizes Buhari Over Allocation Of N39.4bn For Oil Exploration by Folksyharry(m): 10:44am On Dec 12, 2015
lomprico:
I have been saying this all along, it has always been about the oil. Make himself petroleum minister, capture d oil producing states by force (by d way, any news from bayelsa elections?). The north has uranium, gold, tinn columbite, why not channel this funds in these minerals explorations
Or rather fix all our refineries, we can produce enough finished petroleum products to even export to other countries.

I already told myself this PMB's move is not a bad idea until I read the part in bold in your post. I believe that would have a more shrewd move. We don't even hear anything about the mining going on in the northern part of the country.
Re: PDP Chieftain Criticizes Buhari Over Allocation Of N39.4bn For Oil Exploration by sanmibukunmi: 11:07am On Dec 12, 2015
let's not lie to ourselves, this move is a bad idea.... even if they discover oil today, how much will it sell for?

I think Buhari knows this, he just wants to satisfy his northern ego that they also have oil. well I pray they discover it SHA...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PDP Chieftain Criticizes Buhari Over Allocation Of N39.4bn For Oil Exploration by Nobody: 11:13am On Dec 12, 2015
The. Man Buhari is selfish, tribalistic and Islamistic and brainless.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PDP Chieftain Criticizes Buhari Over Allocation Of N39.4bn For Oil Exploration by chernest2002: 11:38am On Dec 12, 2015
Buhari means failure in all dictionary so I expect nothing good from him and his government

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PDP Chieftain Criticizes Buhari Over Allocation Of N39.4bn For Oil Exploration by Montaque(m): 11:40am On Dec 12, 2015
pmb is just balancing the equation.
I don't expect less
Re: PDP Chieftain Criticizes Buhari Over Allocation Of N39.4bn For Oil Exploration by lomprico(m): 11:41am On Dec 12, 2015
Folksyharry:

I already told myself this PMB's move is not a bad idea until I read the part in bold in your post. I believe that would have a more shrewd move. We don't even hear anything about the mining going on in the northern part of the country.
The likes of dangote n some northen elites are secreatly mining some of these resources up there without remittance to d fg and d govt is turning a blind eye.

1 Like

Re: PDP Chieftain Criticizes Buhari Over Allocation Of N39.4bn For Oil Exploration by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:44am On Dec 12, 2015
goodlifehyd:
Stupidity is when you criticize a government that's investing such amount which will provide employment, generate funds when successful and lots more but you here protecting Dasuki who spent $6B dollars doing nothing. Awon oniranu oshi

The PDP Chieftain is absolutely right. Investing in Oil Exploration now, at the time the price of crude is low and sales dropped, is wrong.

Investing such money in renewable energy is the right way to go. It will still create employment and development.

This is one PDP Chieftain I like, who is reasoning. This one is not a Wailer.

1 Like

Re: PDP Chieftain Criticizes Buhari Over Allocation Of N39.4bn For Oil Exploration by nogames: 11:52am On Dec 12, 2015
I totaly in support of this, if it will unify the country, let every region exploire oil . At least "our oil" mentality will lay to rest
Re: PDP Chieftain Criticizes Buhari Over Allocation Of N39.4bn For Oil Exploration by amazingspiderma: 12:15pm On Dec 12, 2015
This project is good especially for the north and Nigeria.The more resources we can find in Nigeria,the better.
This phase of the project is for exploration only and will involved equipments.Drilling companies will do the job for less now.
Crude oil price is a cycle,the time to make investment is now.
To everything thing there is season.

As long as we continue to use fuel in our cars and generators,crude oil has value.
No substitute technology is in sight yet,apart from nuclear.We all know the risk involved.
Nuclear power can only power electric vehicles,which is atleast twice the cost of conventional fuel engine.
We cannot replace the current global fleet of fuel powered vehicles overnight.
Even India that has sent a vehicle to the moon is calling for carbon bonus in the current climate change submit,how much more Nigeria.

From a realistic view of things,this action is commendable.

Re: PDP Chieftain Criticizes Buhari Over Allocation Of N39.4bn For Oil Exploration by kingslly(m): 12:17pm On Dec 12, 2015
Buhari is obsessed with taking crude oil to the north....he was the one that laid oil pipes from the south to the north,money he would used to boost agriculture in the north

2 Likes

Re: PDP Chieftain Criticizes Buhari Over Allocation Of N39.4bn For Oil Exploration by kingslly(m): 12:29pm On Dec 12, 2015
chiedu7:
[size=14pt]SHAME ON THE SOUTH-EAST, SOUTH-SOUTH & SOUTH-WEST,[/size]
THAT HAS MANY INTELLECTUALS BUT LEFT A DULLARD RULE YOU.

SHAME ON THE SOUTH-EAST THAT HAS NATURAL RESOURCES YET AN ILLITERATE RULES.

SHAME ON THE SOUTH-SOUTH THAT HAS OIL YET AN SHEPHERD RULES YOU.

SHAME ON THE SOUTH-WEST THAT FORMED APC & IS THE BRAIN CHILD OF APC YET A CATTLE REARER RULES YOU.

A SPEACIAL SHAME ON THE SOUTH-EAST, SOUTH-SOUTH & SOUTH-WEST
THAT WILL NOT UNITE LIKE THE NORTH AND MOVE THE COUNTRY FORWARD.
there are more tribes in the north than we have in the south yet they are more United than the Southerners.

2 Likes

Re: PDP Chieftain Criticizes Buhari Over Allocation Of N39.4bn For Oil Exploration by Nobody: 1:02pm On Dec 12, 2015
Buhari should be very careful and not build boko haram into another ISIS by letting boko haram take over the oip fields there

3 Likes

Re: PDP Chieftain Criticizes Buhari Over Allocation Of N39.4bn For Oil Exploration by texazzpete(m): 1:10pm On Dec 12, 2015
Oil is still our major earner, and our production will soon be on decline. From exploration to production can take YEARS, so now is the time to look for reserves to replace our depleted volumes...not waiting until oil price becomes more favorable.

Let me be brutally honest here. All the people in this thread that have condemned the Government's exploration efforts are morons.
Re: PDP Chieftain Criticizes Buhari Over Allocation Of N39.4bn For Oil Exploration by athorello(m): 1:24pm On Dec 12, 2015
I think it's good to do some background check when necessary before jumping to comment on important issues. Some posters have raised valid points in support of the move.
Petroleum will still be the main stay of the world for a long long time. Which means that most of you will be long long gone. Most green energy sources are relatively low efficient and thus costly to develop ab initio. Nigeria already have petroleum technology and expertise so it's easy to channel efforts towards that. Besides, neighbouring countries are producing oil from sub-basins that are kind of extension to the benue trough which is thought to possibly contain oil in the Nigerian chad area. Advanced prospecting work has been performed in the area so I don't think planning to continue was ill adviced.
Some people instead of using the oil money during the boom to develop minerals extractive industries and advance agriculture, they were busy stockpiling their banks, bedrooms, wardrobes, tanks, briefcases, ghana-must-gos, pockets and what have you. The Lord is watching and Buhari is now looking. Chei!
Sorry, I'm biased towards petroleum technology because it's the greatest thing that's happened to mankind besides space technology.
Re: PDP Chieftain Criticizes Buhari Over Allocation Of N39.4bn For Oil Exploration by veesion: 1:45pm On Dec 12, 2015
A VERY BAD POLICY MOVE 4 HEAVENS SAKE DIS IS NOT A TIME TO EXPLORE OIL THE MORE. WE HAVE OTHER SECTORS IN CRITICAL CONDITION AND BEGGING FOR ATTENTION 4 INSTANCE IN THAT SAME NORTH WE HAVE A LOT OF YET T B O EXPLORED SOLID MINERALS. IN ECONOMICS THERE IS WHAT WE CALL SCALE OF PREFERENCE, Y SHLD NIGERIA AT THIS BROKE STATE TALK OF AND AT A TIME LIKE DIS HAVE THIS TOP HER PREFERENCE AMONG OTHER ECONOMIC ITEMS.WE SAW THIS COMING IMAGINE WHOM U GUYS PLACED THERE TO RULE MANY OF U GUYS ARE GETTING EMBARRASSD U GUYS WLD RECEIVE MORE SURPRISES IN D DAYS AHEAD

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PDP Chieftain Criticizes Buhari Over Allocation Of N39.4bn For Oil Exploration by ahaz: 1:56pm On Dec 12, 2015
goodlifehyd:
Stupidity is when you criticize a government that's investing such amount which will provide employment, generate funds when successful and lots more but you here protecting Dasuki who spent $6B dollars doing nothing. Awon oniranu oshi
atimes i wonder the if amala consumption has a negative impact on human brains.honestly the way u yorubas jump into threads is quite revilling on the amala hypothesis.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PDP Chieftain Criticizes Buhari Over Allocation Of N39.4bn For Oil Exploration by jideflows(m): 2:13pm On Dec 12, 2015
GEJ started the oil exploration of the Chad basin.. is onosoke a Geologist?? They jst open their mouth to say rubbish... the Norrhern part of Nigeria has oil dont be food. ... quote author=ShowYourCertificate post=40926153]When I say Buhari is a dullard some people will be crying. How can Buhari be exploring for oil that is fast losing value? America has stopped buying our oil, very soon others will stop because they are going green. And yet Buhari is looking for oil to sell/use. Isn't that cluelessness?[/quote]

1 Like

Re: PDP Chieftain Criticizes Buhari Over Allocation Of N39.4bn For Oil Exploration by chiedu7: 2:16pm On Dec 12, 2015
kingslly:
there are more tribes in the north than we have in the south yet they are more United than the Southerners.

Very very true.

We are here fighting on Nairaland, Abok1's are ruling us.

2 Likes

Re: PDP Chieftain Criticizes Buhari Over Allocation Of N39.4bn For Oil Exploration by mahyowah(m): 2:29pm On Dec 12, 2015
princejayboss:

Your likes need to stop following FG foolishly and be realistic.... Nobody will ever buy crude on five years time
i am not foolish i am realistic, i criticize and support the govt when need be. i am not a die hard hater who criticizes the govt whether good or bad. pls restore your sense of dignity and honesty, thanks.
Re: PDP Chieftain Criticizes Buhari Over Allocation Of N39.4bn For Oil Exploration by Nobody: 2:35pm On Dec 12, 2015
Renewable energy this, renewable energy that... Knowledge without understanding and wisdom na real wahala O. If you care to know a technologically advanced Russian has not been looking for alternative in renewable energy but rather they are exploiting their opportunity in fossil gas production in the face of the present oil price debacle. Oil price will always fall and also they will always rebound. Isreal, UK, Brazil, Russia, Ukraine are still massively investing into oil exploration... Infact, investment into exploration by oil companies have not been so affected with the oil price but rather production. Most companies are even investing into exploration more now that is why geologists are getting recruited despite job loss that is prevalent in oil companies
kenny987:

The point is, while investigations are ongoing regarding corrupt members of government, we must also move forward from practices that are obviously not beneficial in the face of current realities.

Oil prices are falling, we have an abundance already that we cannot sell, GMB has just returned from a climate change conference from where he should have understood the deleterious effects of green house gas emissions mainly from petroleum. He has also made a case regarding the fast recession of the same Lake Chad which is affecting agriculture. He had made nominal reference to Ogoni clean up which results from the same oil. It therefore stands to reason that further allocation of scarce resources for oil exploration is development in reverse!

He needs to be paying attention to more sustainable practices that will be beneficial to Nigerians in the long run! It will also provide jobs as u mentioned in ur earlier post while preserving the environment.

Sometimes we need to face the bald truth. The North is even the major supplier of the raw materials needed for renewables such as sunlight and wind! That is what a proactive leader should be pursuing and opening up new investment opportunities for. He should be investing in research both of practical and legal regulation of renewables.

Any expense on petroleum should be on building new n effective refineries to put an end to the infernal importation of petroleum products.

Criticism is no crime and it behoves people erring like GMB and supporters like u to look beyond same practices that have yielded nothing much and move on to more sustainable activities. If the anti-corruption crusade will go on while this exploration of oil commences, then it can still go on while Nigeria preserves her arable regions and avoids unnecessary waste of resources.
Re: PDP Chieftain Criticizes Buhari Over Allocation Of N39.4bn For Oil Exploration by ShowYourCertificate: 2:35pm On Dec 12, 2015
12inches1:
Buhari should be very careful and not build boko haram into another ISIS by letting boko haram take over the oip fields there
You are a great thinker
Re: PDP Chieftain Criticizes Buhari Over Allocation Of N39.4bn For Oil Exploration by Nobody: 2:50pm On Dec 12, 2015
I have seen what a massive solar research centre look like, I don't think what I saw despite research investment and unrealistic optimization can ever replace fossil fuel for in some fundamental application. Imagine a country that can't successfully generate electricity from gas and hydro source that has been in place for centuries, is the one shouting renewable energy...Shior...
princejayboss:

This is the very reason I have lost faith in the nation Nigeria.... Educated fellows will never speak, out youths just follow like mumu dey go, I have written about this stupidity called oil exploration in the Nigerian side of Chad basin... why waste money here since good knows when.... This people need their head to be cracked open to know that they will never find commercial crude there ..... Why will the north always be negative in their politics and all of us will follow them....

If really oil can be found in the Chad basin, why is no major oil exploration companies handle the exploration.... When has NNPC became an expert in that field? Gullible illiterates who are followers of the APC government will see it as a good thing even when its obvious it was a way to swindle money by the northern brothers.

Ok .... How can we be talking about crude when the prophecy of Einstein... The papa of physics is already coming to past.... The word free fuel is it a joke to Africans.... Solar energy being converted to fluid fuel is here and will crash the use of crude oil in the next three years and some mumu dey talk of exploring a region where Comercial crude can never be found.

I repeat .... Nigeria can never find a Comercial crude at our own Chad basin.... It's a very bitter truth
Re: PDP Chieftain Criticizes Buhari Over Allocation Of N39.4bn For Oil Exploration by 4Play(m): 3:00pm On Dec 12, 2015
texazzpete:
Oil is still our major earner, and our production will soon be on decline. From exploration to production can take YEARS, so now is the time to look for reserves to replace our depleted volumes...not waiting until oil price becomes more favorable.

Let me be brutally honest here. All the people in this thread that have condemned the Government's exploration efforts are morons.

There has to be some limit to this lickspittle defence of the government. So declining production requires that the Govt expend scarce money looking for oil?

If there was a compelling commercial logic to this, there are plenty of private oil companies who will happily undertake the exploration themselves. This is more a political decision than a commercial decision. In the light of the revenue straitjacket they're operating under, it is complete and utterly idiocy to embark on such expenditure.

2 Likes

Re: PDP Chieftain Criticizes Buhari Over Allocation Of N39.4bn For Oil Exploration by ShowYourCertificate: 3:06pm On Dec 12, 2015
jideflows:
GEJ started the oil exploration of the Chad basin.. is onosoke a Geologist?? They jst open their mouth to say rubbish... the Norrhern part of Nigeria has oil dont be food. ...
So because Jonathan started it then Buhari must complete it? You've just confirmed Buhari's cluelessness.

1 Like

Re: PDP Chieftain Criticizes Buhari Over Allocation Of N39.4bn For Oil Exploration by nurusystem(m): 3:11pm On Dec 12, 2015
i love that d naija delta are the cost,is better like that,atleast their mouth will shut up.,
And to those who dnt appreciate (gmb) go & drink Acid., we are in love with APC.,this is our time,. Not pass inexprience regime of GEj....
Re: PDP Chieftain Criticizes Buhari Over Allocation Of N39.4bn For Oil Exploration by Koolmexxi(m): 3:12pm On Dec 12, 2015
Wait ooo, I thought he said he was going to diversify the economy so as to curtail our over dependence on oil dats fast loosing its value and relevance. ??

1 Like

Re: PDP Chieftain Criticizes Buhari Over Allocation Of N39.4bn For Oil Exploration by akigbemaru: 3:27pm On Dec 12, 2015
BUhari allocates money for oil exploration in northern basin.
Re: PDP Chieftain Criticizes Buhari Over Allocation Of N39.4bn For Oil Exploration by rottenegg: 3:29pm On Dec 12, 2015
ShowYourCertificate:
When I say Buhari is a dullard some people will be crying. How can Buhari be exploring for oil that is fast losing value? America has stopped buying our oil, very soon others will stop because they are going green. And yet Buhari is looking for oil to sell/use. Isn't that cluelessness?
You are calling him dull but he is very smart. They have been exploring for oil in the north for decades and found nothing. Does the cash get returned? No. This is just another means of stealthily stealing monies that can be traced to a dead end.
Trust me, nobody throws away N40billion away on nothing, not even Buhari.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Sowore Omoyele Vs Adebayo Shittu At Fresh FM Radio Station (Video, Photos) / Police Sack Three Officers Who Raided Edwin Clark's Home - Sahara Reporters. / Police Should Arrest & Deal With Anyone Involved In Burning And Looting Shops

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.