Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,812 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:42 PM

How Do I Ever Recover From This? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do I Ever Recover From This? (2588 Views)

Jude: The Worst Decision I Ever Made / Pamela Adie: "Coming Out As A Lesbian Is The Best Decision I Ever Made" / How To Recover From A Broken Heart. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Ever Recover From This? by brokenPearl(f): 4:30pm On Dec 12, 2015
Dear Nairalanders,

Call me a hopeless romantic or a fool for love, but my story is just really pathetic..
I blame nobody and take full responsibilities for my actions. There's this saying about once beaten, twice shy but I've been beaten over and over again and I keep making the same mistake all over again.
I refused to see beyond, paid no attentions to warnings from friends and family.
I'm the kind of girl who loves with everything I've got, my time, my finance, my body, my loyalty @100percent, but I've always given all these to the very wrong people or should I say people who have lil or no value for me, despite the fact that I'm really pretty and intellectual.
Currently, I'm going through a very painful breakup, almost 4years of my life wasted, a two year old daughter and a month old pregnancy( which I intend to abort tomorrow) as my daughter's daddy and father of my pregnancy has moved on.
Can't really blame him, he never loved me, I did all the loving, made terrible choices and mind blowing sacrifices for him and got nothing but hurt in return.
If only those who committed suicide had a place in Heaven, I would have done it already.
I'm in so much pains, as much as I want to move on, one good look at my daughter and the memories flood in... how do I heal?
Re: How Do I Ever Recover From This? by Babprosper20(m): 4:34pm On Dec 12, 2015
Re: How Do I Ever Recover From This? by Nobody: 4:37pm On Dec 12, 2015
Too fucking bad, this is why I like intelligent babes. Bleep it, abort the foetus and move on with your life. Stop telling us Super fucking story!!!!

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Ever Recover From This? by misspicy(f): 4:37pm On Dec 12, 2015
Thank God you have realised your mistake and it is not too late,you can still find love,just heal from this and look at the bright side of life.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Ever Recover From This? by jamex93(m): 4:38pm On Dec 12, 2015
The greatest regret will come when u abort dat innocent baby

1 Like

Re: How Do I Ever Recover From This? by dachaste(f): 4:40pm On Dec 12, 2015
Did I jus read dat u wanna abort?

Let me ask u something. Wen u loook at ur 2yr old baby wot do u feel? Love or regret?

If u kill dat child just knw ur worst dat ur ex BF. I don talk my own

Wetin dey worry ladies self?
Re: How Do I Ever Recover From This? by brokenPearl(f): 4:41pm On Dec 12, 2015
jamex93:
The greatest regret will come when u abort dat innocent baby

So your advise is I should against all odds, keep another baby? With no daddy?
I totally agree, im full of mistakes, but another baby for him would only compound my problems I think.
Re: How Do I Ever Recover From This? by brokenPearl(f): 4:43pm On Dec 12, 2015
dachaste:
Did I jus read dat u wanna abort?

Let me ask u something. Wen u loook at ur 2yr old baby wot do u feel? Love or regret?

If u kill dat child just knw ur worst dat ur ex BF. I don talk my own

Wetin dey worry ladies self?

It's really easy for you to sit from afar and judge without thinking for a second about what am going through.. you think it's an easy decision for me?

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Ever Recover From This? by Nobody: 4:45pm On Dec 12, 2015
embarassed

1 Like

Re: How Do I Ever Recover From This? by Nobody: 4:53pm On Dec 12, 2015
I'm one person that doesn't support abortion but there are cases where it's justified. An example is this. Aside the fact that it'll affect their upbringing, it'll also compound your problems. Also, it'll delay your letting go because carrying the baby for 9 months, delivering and taking care of the baby will take another one year + of your life.

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Ever Recover From This? by Nobody: 4:59pm On Dec 12, 2015
NewSheriff:
I'm one person that doesn't support abortion but there are cases where it's justified. An example is this. Aside the fact that it'll affect their upbringing, it'll also compound your problems. Also, it'll delay your letting go because carrying the baby for 9 months, delivering and taking care of the baby will take another one year + of your life.

I know some peeps will come and say it's a sin. My dear, show me where it's stated in the bible.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Ever Recover From This? by dachaste(f): 5:02pm On Dec 12, 2015
brokenPearl:

It's really easy for you to sit from afar and judge without thinking for a second about what am going through.. you think it's an easy decision for me?

Sister u are old eenof to know the implications of sex without protection. Pls don't use dat foolish guy's departure as an excuse to kill biko.

Am alady. I know it hurts buh spare dat angel na beg I dey beg

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Ever Recover From This? by brokenPearl(f): 5:08pm On Dec 12, 2015
dachaste:

Sister u are old eenof to know the implications of sex without protection. Pls don't use dat foolish guy's departure as an excuse to kill biko.

Am alady. I know it hurts buh spare dat angel na beg I dey beg

Strangely, I was on pills.
There's no excuse, I agree, I've made a mistake, I wish I knew a good couple who wanted a baby and are willing to finance it, as difficult as it sounds, I think I could give the baby to them.
There no way I can keep the pregnancy, im not fit, psychologically and financially, not with everything i'm going through right now.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Ever Recover From This? by Rone16(f): 5:10pm On Dec 12, 2015
Self pity is the worst thing you can do to yourself.He moved on Yeah!you're allowed to cry and all but not for long.Once the crying days are over,wipe your tears,stand up and make him regret ever leaving you and make other guys bow down at your feet.What if that child you're planning on aborting is going to be the reason for your happiness.Girl you don't know if you're planning on aborting a future pilot,doctor,enginner or lawyer who'd love and cherish his/her mother for fighting all odds and taking care of him/her.Abortion in this state will come with a lot of depression and may even lead to suicidal thoughts and not going to make you feel better.Please be a great woman abeg and stop living your life based on people and circumstances.Life is not a bed of roses,you either learn from your mistakes so it'll never happen again and you'll have a better future or you keep on dwelling in self pity until you commit sucide or even start taking drugs and all that.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Ever Recover From This? by MathsChic(f): 5:12pm On Dec 12, 2015
This is going to get heated up tongue
Re: How Do I Ever Recover From This? by MathsChic(f): 5:17pm On Dec 12, 2015
brokenPearl:

Strangely, I was on pills.
There's no excuse, I agree, I've made a mistake, I wish I knew a good couple who wanted a baby and are willing to finance it, as difficult as it sounds, I think I could give the baby to them.
There no way I can keep the pregnancy, im not fit, psychologically and financially, not with everything i'm going through right now.
If you can't keep the baby, you should consider abortion. Pro-lifers here will scream at you, but you should know they'd probably do the same if they were in your situation. Only the person wearing the shoe knows where it hurts. Abort it, raise your other child well. Talk to him about taking responsibility for the child. If he refuses, you might be left with no choice but to do it yourself. However, maintain a positive outlook on life and things will surely turn out positively differently for you. Godspeed.

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Ever Recover From This? by brokenPearl(f): 5:18pm On Dec 12, 2015
Rone16:
Self pity is the worst thing you can do to yourself.He moved on Yeah!you're allowed to cry and all but not for long.Once the crying days are over,wipe your tears,stand up and make him regret ever leaving you and make other guys bow down at your feet.What if that child you're planning on aborting is going to be the reason for your happiness.Girl you don't know if you're planning on aborting a future pilot,doctor,enginner or lawyer who'd love and cherish his/her mother for fighting all odds and taking care of him/her.Abortion in this state will come with a lot of depression and may even lead to suicidal thoughts and not going to make you feel better.Please be a great woman abeg and stop living your life based on people and circumstances.Life is not a bed of roses,you either learn from your mistakes so it'll never happen again and you'll have a better future or you keep on dwelling in self pity until you commit sucide or even start taking drugs and all that.

I totally understand you. But then, while I love my daughter so much, I wish she had a far better father, knowing how much I regret that often and stayed with him even when things weren't really working for the sake of having one daddy, one mummy and spare your child step-relate issues,yet he still screwed me over, bringing another child into this life from his lineage, double regrets? I can't even phantom it
Re: How Do I Ever Recover From This? by brokenPearl(f): 5:20pm On Dec 12, 2015
MathsChic:

If you can't keep the baby, you should consider abortion. Pro-lifers here will scream at you, but you should know they'd probably do the same if they were in your situation. Only the person wearing the shoe knows where it hurts. Abort it, raise your other child well. Talk to him about taking responsibility for the child. If he refuses, you might be left with no choice but to do it yourself. However, maintain a positive outlook on life and things will surely turn out positively differently for you. Godspeed.

Thanks so much, he's not taking responsibility currently. He wants custody, he says if I want him to cater for her, I should hand her over (which I will never ever do).
Re: How Do I Ever Recover From This? by MathsChic(f): 5:28pm On Dec 12, 2015
brokenPearl:

Thanks so much, he's not taking responsibility currently. He wants custody, he says if I want him to cater for her, I should hand her over (which I will never ever do).
This is a delicate one. But do you still have a lot on your plate? Like school? Does he appear like someone that can take very good care of her? If that's the case, you could consider giving him custody and working out a reasonable arrangement that will have you see her and share almost equal time with her. Sorry, but if you still have a lot to achieve and are not financially okay, you may cost her a good life simply because you want to keep her. It's best to ensure the better decision is made in the interest of the child.

However, if he doesn't appear like he could take care of her well enough, then you have no choice but to do it. Is your financial status okay in this area? Keep your heart open. I'm sure you find another guy who will take the best care of you.
Re: How Do I Ever Recover From This? by brokenPearl(f): 5:34pm On Dec 12, 2015
MathsChic:

This is a delicate one. But do you still have a lot on your plate? Like school? Does he appear like someone that can take very good care of her? If that's the case, you could consider giving him custody and working out a reasonable arrangement that will have you see her and share almost equal time with her. Sorry, but if you still have a lot to achieve and are not financially okay, you may cost her a good life simply because you want to keep her. It's best to ensure the better decision is made in the interest of the child.

However, if he doesn't appear like he could take care of her well enough, then you have no choice but to do it. Is your financial status okay in this area? Keep your heart open. I'm sure you find another guy who will take the best care of you.

I have just about 6months to go in school, Her daddy would be a terrible influence on her, his upbringing is terrible and he shares the same mentality as his mom who raised him. I can't even trust them to raise my child without my supervision. My finance is on the average, my family meets her needs.
As for my heart, I can't even keep it open, I can't even think of ever loving anybody again, not after my experience, Most men are just pure evil in disguise.
My daughter gives me hope, I can't hand her over.
Thanks again.
Re: How Do I Ever Recover From This? by Nobody: 5:37pm On Dec 12, 2015
brokenPearl:

dont mind that girl

1 Like

Re: How Do I Ever Recover From This? by Nobody: 5:39pm On Dec 12, 2015
MathsChic:

you are on point.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Ever Recover From This? by MathsChic(f): 5:39pm On Dec 12, 2015
brokenPearl:

I have just about 6months to go in school, Her daddy would be a terrible influence on her, his upbringing is terrible and he shares the same mentality as his mom who raised him. I can't even trust them to raise my child without my supervision. My finance is on the average, my family meets her needs.
As for my heart, I can't even keep it open, I can't even think of ever loving anybody again, not after my experience, Most men are just pure evil in disguise.
My daughter gives me hope, I can't hand her over.
Thanks again.
We make mistakes in life. But we shouldn't punish ourselves for these mistakes. Your story really touched me. I'm trying to imagine how you feel now deep inside, but I'm sure my best efforts can't accomplish that.
In the end, you don't let other people's actions dictate the results of your life. You deserve to the happy, to have a man to care for you, just as every other lady desires. Don't let your previous relationship be the reason why you shouldn't experience this happiness.
Re: How Do I Ever Recover From This? by tpiar: 5:47pm On Dec 12, 2015
In short, you, an angel, got pregnant twice for your devil boyfriend.

In any case, whose story is this? Obviously its not yours.
Re: How Do I Ever Recover From This? by brokenPearl(f): 5:49pm On Dec 12, 2015
MathsChic:

We make mistakes in life. But we shouldn't punish ourselves for these mistakes. Your story really touched me. I'm trying to imagine how you feel now deep inside, but I'm sure my best efforts can't accomplish that.
In the end, you don't let other people's actions dictate the results of your life. You deserve to the happy, to have a man to care for you, just as every other lady desires. Don't let your previous relationship be the reason why you shouldn't experience this happiness.

My dear, I don't even wish my enemy what I'm going through, I cry myself to sleep every night and wake up in between to still cry. Sometimes, I wish for a tragedy that'll end my life once and for all... the only thing that keeps me going is my baby girl.
I'll try to heed your advice, but that man, who will even consider loving me wouldn't even get the best of me, not after all these, I don't think I still have it in me to ever show a man love and affection.
I gave my daughter's daddy everything and he could let go of me without even thinking us through, I even went to beg him and he told me I've just been wasting my time, he can never love me. But he used me to climb up the ladder and pushed me away now he feels he can do better.
It's well, I never ever be a fool again to any man.
Re: How Do I Ever Recover From This? by Tdunjoye: 5:49pm On Dec 12, 2015
be strong woman, be strong, your story is... With time, it will all fade and you will be celebrated.
Re: How Do I Ever Recover From This? by brokenPearl(f): 5:51pm On Dec 12, 2015
tpiar:
In short, you, an angel, got pregnant twice for your devil boyfriend.

In any case, whose story is this? Obviously its not yours.

My story..my life, my current situation. I'm not an angel, I definitely have my flaws, im a humanbeing, but in terms of this relationship, I was the best a woman could ever be.
I only failed to give myself worth, I gave him my all on a platter of gold, he never fought for it, hence, it ended the way it did.
Re: How Do I Ever Recover From This? by brokenPearl(f): 5:54pm On Dec 12, 2015
Tdunjoye:
be strong woman, be strong, your story is... With time, it will all fade and you will be celebrated.

Yeah..it would fade...but the scar? cry
Only God can see me through this.
Re: How Do I Ever Recover From This? by ScofieldBello(m): 5:59pm On Dec 12, 2015
You are reading your books!
You are a THINKING being!
You truly understand the hypocritical nature of humans.
Indeed, you gave the best of advise.

1,000,000 likes for you...
MathsChic:

Re: How Do I Ever Recover From This? by tpiar: 5:59pm On Dec 12, 2015
brokenPearl:

My story..my life, my current situation. I'm not an angel, I definitely have my flaws, im a humanbeing, but in terms of this relationship, I was the best a woman could ever be.
I only failed to give myself worth, I gave him my all on a platter of gold, he never fought for it, hence, it ended the way it did.

Like I pointed out, you're the angel and your boyfriend is the devil.
Re: How Do I Ever Recover From This? by tpiar: 6:02pm On Dec 12, 2015
You can check this thread as well, maybe it can help:

https://www.nairaland.com/2414333/need-how-battle-depression
Re: How Do I Ever Recover From This? by brokenPearl(f): 6:06pm On Dec 12, 2015
tpiar:
You can check this thread as well, maybe it can help:

https://www.nairaland.com/2414333/need-how-battle-depression

Thanks

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Girlfriend Says She Can No Longer Cope With My Sexual Desires / What Is Camel Toe... Is It A Good Thing Or A Bad Thing? / When Should A Girl Start Getting Desperate For Marriage.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.