Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,225 members, 7,829,378 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:44 AM

Why Are The Nigerians In The Uk Stingy ? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Are The Nigerians In The Uk Stingy ? (5851 Views)

'my Husband Is Stingy, He Goes To Market To Buy Foodstuff' - Wife Tells Court / How Do I Cope With A Rich But Very Stingy Dad? / Woman Blames PMS For Beating-up Her Husband In The UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are The Nigerians In The Uk Stingy ? by LadyT(f): 3:20pm On Jun 04, 2009
God bless you ronniq and the list you posted.

lmaoooooooo

grin
Re: Why Are The Nigerians In The Uk Stingy ? by Nobody: 3:31pm On Jun 04, 2009
Re: Why Are The Nigerians In The Uk Stingy ? by Fhemmmy: 3:31pm On Jun 04, 2009
JustGood:

THE PEOPLE IN NIGERIA ARE TOO STINGY. I GO THERE EVERY YEAR AND NONE OF THEM EVER OFFERS ME ORDINARY 5000naira

Not only to offer you, once you arrive, from the time till u leaving, u will be responsible for all expenses.
and what make me laff most is, when they visit you in western world, you still take care of them as well.
and here they are talking about being stingy.

1 Like

Re: Why Are The Nigerians In The Uk Stingy ? by LadyT(f): 3:36pm On Jun 04, 2009
Chair lover you forgot the
Mobile phone bills or topup
Calling card to call those greedy relatives!

angry
Re: Why Are The Nigerians In The Uk Stingy ? by Fhemmmy: 3:38pm On Jun 04, 2009
You guys are yet to add the money sent home to relatives too.
Emergency fund as well oh.
Re: Why Are The Nigerians In The Uk Stingy ? by Nobody: 3:39pm On Jun 04, 2009
LadyT:

Chair lover you forgot the
Mobile phone bills or topup
Calling card to call those greedy relatives!

angry

Abi, those calling cards are scam too, don't even last that long angry

1 Like

Re: Why Are The Nigerians In The Uk Stingy ? by Nobody: 3:41pm On Jun 04, 2009
Re: Why Are The Nigerians In The Uk Stingy ? by LadyT(f): 3:41pm On Jun 04, 2009
I know it says 40mins then 15mins later some voice comes on saying 30secs remaining!
ibkaye:

Abi, those calling cards are scam too, don't even last that long angry
Re: Why Are The Nigerians In The Uk Stingy ? by LadyT(f): 3:42pm On Jun 04, 2009
chaircover:

They travel miles just to come and "greet you" not even one single gala or an orange in their bags for you.

They eat a hearty meal and then they expect you to give them transport money for their trip home.

Who gives me transport money when I go and visit my friends or family in London? Lady T I see you are in London, make I come greet you? You might give me transport money smiley

Gerr out! LMAO kiss
Re: Why Are The Nigerians In The Uk Stingy ? by Nobody: 3:43pm On Jun 04, 2009
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Are The Nigerians In The Uk Stingy ? by Nobody: 3:44pm On Jun 04, 2009
LadyT:

I know it says 40mins then 15mins later some voice comes on saying 30secs remaining!
Not even 15 mins sef, like 5, haba cheesy
Re: Why Are The Nigerians In The Uk Stingy ? by Nobody: 3:57pm On Jun 04, 2009
u lot are cracking me up,

Ha ha – where are all the people who were saying we are stingy…………, they have all disappeared or are they tired from flashing their relatives in the west.

Yes people in the USA may send more money home – but tell me what kind of life is having 2 or 3 jobs just to appease some lazy and greedy relatives back home. At least u don’t pay as much tax there.

I saw an ad on this same nairaland calling for drivers in Lagos, I quickly thought of calling my friend and telling him – look they are looking for drivers in lagos maybe ur brother can take the job instead of harassing u all the time for money – but u know some people now – decided to leave it as I can just imagine the curse the brother will place on my head for even suggesting a (unemployed o!!) man like him should take such a job when his older bro has a good job – “HOW CAN…….ARLU!!!

Another thing why does someone who is not working ask for expensive gadgets. I don’t understand this nonsense. Since when did beggars have choice, me I no get I-phone meanwhile someone who is no working is asking if I can get them an I-phone…………………. U no dey see my £50 nokia inside my bag u dey ask me for i-pone and blackberry – nonsense I no blame u self.

Everyone want better thing.

Sorry pple just getting myself ready for my trip later this month. The last time I nearly lost it when someone asked me to give them one of my phones and my digital camera (camera that took me 3 months to save up for)

NONSENSE AND INGREDIENTS
Re: Why Are The Nigerians In The Uk Stingy ? by JustGood(m): 4:12pm On Jun 04, 2009
Try giving one of those people you old mobile and hear them condemn you and your phone to hell.

They dont work but they want the best of everything. That's the reason so many people turn to crime.
Re: Why Are The Nigerians In The Uk Stingy ? by JustGood(m): 4:14pm On Jun 04, 2009
where is LadyT?

I have seen a vision for her. . .
Re: Why Are The Nigerians In The Uk Stingy ? by Pepeye(f): 5:32pm On Jun 04, 2009
Basically taxes are too high in UK, and the expenses re something else. . it’s all about survival

1 Like

Re: Why Are The Nigerians In The Uk Stingy ? by LadyT(f): 6:31pm On Jun 04, 2009
Hmmmmmmmm Justgood are you based in Nigeria?

You have seen a vision for me so I must now come and pay abi?
Re: Why Are The Nigerians In The Uk Stingy ? by JustGood(m): 2:21pm On Jun 05, 2009
LadyT:

Hmmmmmmmm Justgood are you based in Nigeria?

You have seen a vision for me so I must now come and pay abi?

You have to pay o. In fact, this is a really serious vision. . . are you in London by any chance?
Re: Why Are The Nigerians In The Uk Stingy ? by maray(f): 2:26pm On Jun 05, 2009
It depends on the person u r dealing with in England.A stingy person will always be stingy,no matter d destination.
Re: Why Are The Nigerians In The Uk Stingy ? by JustGood(m): 2:39pm On Jun 05, 2009
maray, is that ur pic?
Re: Why Are The Nigerians In The Uk Stingy ? by maray(f): 2:55pm On Jun 05, 2009
Why are u asking me?Do u have any problem wit it?
Re: Why Are The Nigerians In The Uk Stingy ? by Pittbaby(f): 2:59pm On Jun 05, 2009
100 GBP is now a small thing , if you give me 100 GBP , that is my grocery budget for Two weeks plus , will buy gas for a month in my Honda civic . Nigerians in Naija have no concept of the difference between 100NGN and 100 USD or 100 GBP , it is not the same thing , when i was a student I could dash someone 100NGN, who born me well to give anybody beyond my family members and Friends in need 100USD as a worker.

Personally me I was impressed with my friends and relatives when I went home , they were the ones spoiling me and taking me out and that is the way it should be , not you expecting me to buy a ticket for 1000 USD and still bring money to give you becos I came for vacation .
Re: Why Are The Nigerians In The Uk Stingy ? by Akabiboy(m): 3:08pm On Jun 05, 2009
Some funny things people in nigeria will ask for money to do:

1) I need to pay my school fees.
2) I need to pay my kids school fees.
3) I need to pay my rent.
4) I need to pay for my child christening.
5) My girlfriend is pregnant i need money for an abortion.
6) Can you buy me man united jersy, the champions league one.
7) Can you get me the latest i-phone or ipod.
cool Can you get me 10 tm lewin shirt.
9) I need a sony laptop with web cam.
10) I need money for girlfriends birthday.

Those are the one's i can remember.
People need to realise it takes alot to survive in the western world.
Re: Why Are The Nigerians In The Uk Stingy ? by Pittbaby(f): 3:09pm On Jun 05, 2009
ronniq:

u lot are cracking me up,

Ha ha – where are all the people who were saying we are stingy…………, they have all disappeared or are they tired from flashing their relatives in the west.

Yes people in the USA may send more money home – but tell me what kind of life is having 2 or 3 jobs just to appease some lazy and greedy relatives back home. At least u don’t pay as much tax there.

I saw an ad on this same nairaland calling for drivers in Lagos, I quickly thought of calling my friend and telling him – look they are looking for drivers in lagos maybe ur brother can take the job instead of harassing u all the time for money – but u know some people now – decided to leave it as I can just imagine the curse the brother will place on my head for even suggesting a (unemployed o!!) man like him should take such a job when his older bro has a good job – “HOW CAN…….ARLU!!!

Another thing why does someone who is not working ask for expensive gadgets. I don’t understand this nonsense. Since when did beggars have choice, me I no get I-phone meanwhile someone who is no working is asking if I can get them an I-phone…………………. U no dey see my £50 nokia inside my bag u dey ask me for i-pone and blackberry – nonsense I no blame u self.

Everyone want better thing.

Sorry pple just getting myself ready for my trip later this month. The last time I nearly lost it when someone asked me to give them one of my phones and my digital camera (camera that took me 3 months to save up for)

NONSENSE AND INGREDIENTS

My broda pele , take a deep breathe we have all been there. The funniest one that happened to me is when I was just three months fresh in the US still sharing a bed with my lovely cousin who was nice enough to take me in so that I did not have to pay room and board for college . a so called friend calls me and asks for 70,000 NGN to complete his rent in a two bedroom apartment in lagos. I kindly suggested that he get a roommate or look for cheaper housing . He sent me an email cursing me out for implying that HE could share an apartment with someone.
Re: Why Are The Nigerians In The Uk Stingy ? by JustGood(m): 3:19pm On Jun 05, 2009
maray:

Why are u asking me?Do u have any problem wit it?

no need for the aggression. I was actually going to pass a compliment
Re: Why Are The Nigerians In The Uk Stingy ? by JustGood(m): 3:21pm On Jun 05, 2009
Pittbaby:

My broda pele , take a deep breathe we have all been there. The funniest one that happened to me is when I was just three months fresh in the US still sharing a bed with my lovely cousin who was nice enough to take me in so that I did not have to pay room and board for college . a so called friend calls me and asks for 70,000 NGN to complete his rent in a two bedroom apartment in lagos. I kindly suggested that he get a roommate or look for cheaper housing . He sent me an email cursing me out for implying that HE could share an apartment with someone.

That final part is a cracker!

The average Nigerian actually enjoys and is very choosy compared to people in the West.

They only want the latest phones, the latest car models, the latest of everything. . .
Re: Why Are The Nigerians In The Uk Stingy ? by maray(f): 3:32pm On Jun 05, 2009
@Justgood,im very sorry 4 dat,i said dat becos someone just abused me dat im just 2 feet tall.So i thought u wanna back d guy up cool cool cool
Re: Why Are The Nigerians In The Uk Stingy ? by netotse(m): 3:36pm On Jun 05, 2009
LMAO @all the comments. . .

its true sha. . .we nigerians believe that one you dont live in naija money must fall from the sky wherever you live!
Re: Why Are The Nigerians In The Uk Stingy ? by JustGood(m): 3:37pm On Jun 05, 2009
maray:

@Justgood,im very sorry 4 dat,i said dat becos someone just abused me dat im just 2 feet tall.So i thought u wanna back d guy up cool cool cool

No. . . I actually fancy you in that pic  wink

I was just looking for a way to chat you up  cool

lol

you changed the pic again, lol
Re: Why Are The Nigerians In The Uk Stingy ? by ayomifull(f): 5:30pm On Jun 05, 2009
Because we work just like u do n we hav too much to spend on
Re: Why Are The Nigerians In The Uk Stingy ? by heritage00(m): 10:13pm On Jun 05, 2009
wow i read all the comments everyone posted here and i think i have an idea why you guys watch the way you spend, NO VEX OOOOO UNA DEY TRY FOR THAT SIDE
Re: Why Are The Nigerians In The Uk Stingy ? by Jaylon(m): 10:16pm On Jun 05, 2009
Because they are not really rich to begin with. Life is not as rosy in the UK as Nigerians think.
Re: Why Are The Nigerians In The Uk Stingy ? by mamagee3(f): 11:48pm On Jun 05, 2009
Is because things are hard in the Uk

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Who Should You Put First, Family Or Work / Married Woman Inlove With A Married Man / Top 10 Countries With Highest Divorce Rate In 2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.