Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,168 members, 7,815,074 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:50 AM

You Need More Than Love - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / You Need More Than Love (429 Views)

Why Young Guys Needs Success More Than Love--true Life Experince / After 12 Round And Ur Bae Still Need More...pic / Something Bigger Than Love(true LIFE STORY) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Need More Than Love by citydove(m): 12:52am On Dec 13, 2015
Love, perhaps is the most abused word of all emotions. They say love makes the world go around. And we women often take it literally and end up making it the most important thing in our life. As a result we are in a state of perpetual disappointment because our notions about love as a traditional mating dance are so unrealistic.

I know of many bright, spirited girls who are willing to put up with damage to their self-respect all in the name of love. They are in relationships with terrible guys who do not respect their time, their careers or boundaries, just for the high of being in a relationship.

This has serious consequences.

Deeply, madly in love, they completely ignore the warning signs displayed during the courtship period only to rush into a marriage naively believing that they can change a person or love conquers all problems. They tolerate behavior which they would never tolerate in their friends or siblings.

They are shouted at and are at the receiving end of snide remarks. They are dictated by the “lover” on who to meet where to meet even what to wear. They are often snooped upon 24/7, sometimes even giving away the passwords to their cell phones or social media accounts. They keep on giving and sacrificing their self respect to somehow make it work

In idealizing love you don’t see the person as they are but the person they have the potential to be. You give and give until they have taken everything out of you and leave you empty. In fact staying in such a relationship for long can destroy you in ways that you can never come back from. The sooner you break loose from such love the better.

You can enjoy love by not making it the most. A good life requires a judicious balance of both romanticism and realism.

Do not be defined by the presence of a significant another. Because love is good but often not enough. There are more important things to do with your life. Learning, growing, nurturing your spirit and connecting with the world around you in meaningful ways will help fulfill you in way you’ve never dreamed.

1 Like

Re: You Need More Than Love by jmaxjohn(m): 12:53am On Dec 13, 2015
Sunnary abeg
Re: You Need More Than Love by citydove(m): 1:01am On Dec 13, 2015
jmaxjohn:
Sunnary abeg
U go school at all or na by force may u read am?
Re: You Need More Than Love by sinaj(f): 1:05am On Dec 13, 2015
All I nid now is a sleeping pill embarassed

My frnds are all waiting in Dreamland for me cry

1 Like

Re: You Need More Than Love by citydove(m): 1:20am On Dec 13, 2015
sinaj:
All I nid now is a sleeping pill embarassed

My frnds are all waiting in Dreamland for me cry

Noted but the fact that some fall into this category doesn't mean it cant happen to you... Be careful what you wish for

(1) (Reply)

The Truth About Lies / ***hearts Away But One*** / What Will You Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.