Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,103 members, 7,957,120 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 07:26 AM

Nigerians React To Lai Mohammed's Comments On The Economy - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians React To Lai Mohammed's Comments On The Economy (44993 Views)

Prepare Names Of Corrupt Nigerians On Your List, Buhari To Lai Mohammed - SR / Nigerians React To Lai Mohammed's Comments On GEJ Purchasing Expired Ammunition / Ben Bruce Reacts To Lai Mohammed's Blaming Of GEJ For Fuel Scarcity (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians React To Lai Mohammed's Comments On The Economy by alajor(m): 8:34am On Dec 14, 2015
I''ve read a lot of comments here and I must admit that Nigeria's future is bleak bcus d youths r pathetic. I shudder at how some people have taken dis d tribal route. U read a comment instead of to dissect and analyse it u dwell on d name and not d message. It's been long I commented on this forum but I must say that in this instance d wailers r right. When Obama became president after bush had destroyed America, Obama laid down his policies and got to work immediately. Americans knew that bush messed up their country and they didn't need Obama reminding them that. Buhari should get down to work. The only things we hear now are election reruns, corruption fights and blame games. They r not laying foundations for any thing. The most worrying aspect is that the things that were working in Jonas's time are no longer working.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians React To Lai Mohammed's Comments On The Economy by Nobody: 8:38am On Dec 14, 2015
onatisi:
Unfortunately the worst is still about to happen. Ppl should just wait till next year when arbitrary arrest of ppl criticizing the government starts,then they will know how dumb they were to have voted a apc into power
It has started already
Re: Nigerians React To Lai Mohammed's Comments On The Economy by MrBendel(m): 8:46am On Dec 14, 2015
Only those gullible Nigerians will not see that for every problem there is a root cause. The collapse of the economy is due to the failures of precious governments, most especially the immediate past government. APC in response to PDP were only reminding them that they contributed heavily to the situation we find our selves, hence they shld eat a humble pie and keep quiet while this government fixes the problem they caused. At this point with the arms scandal and revelations we have seen just a little of what these criminals have done to Nigeria. Wailers can wail but the truth remains.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To Lai Mohammed's Comments On The Economy by Nobody: 8:55am On Dec 14, 2015
[quote author=Atimchia post=40984335][/quote]guy abeg I no get time to engage wit u in senseless argument.
Re: Nigerians React To Lai Mohammed's Comments On The Economy by paroski: 9:02am On Dec 14, 2015
Re: Nigerians React To Lai Mohammed's Comments On The Economy by godoluwa(m): 9:31am On Dec 14, 2015
okolochyke:
The OP and other Ekpa people can continue to deceive themselves

Facebook has over 1 billion users globally

Nigerian Facebook users are well over 20 million. You cannot put up 20 comments and tell us that it represents the feelings of Nigerians

It is even more ridiculous when 90% of those making the comments are from one section of the country.

Those people do not represent the majority of Nigerians. This is a fact.

The majority of Nigerians are still trying to take in the enormity of the corruption that took place under Jonathan.

The people complaining here are most likely Ipob youths who do not like Nigeria anyway.
YOU ARE A FOOL
Re: Nigerians React To Lai Mohammed's Comments On The Economy by maasoap(m): 9:31am On Dec 14, 2015
Personally, I don't take wailers seriously. For the fact that they were patient enough for 16 years of PDP's mega looting and they still wanted the same party under the same clueless man to continue. Now they just woke up and found their voices to demand for good governance from the APC in just 6 months, I would rather tell them to go to hell.
Re: Nigerians React To Lai Mohammed's Comments On The Economy by pluto3(m): 9:53am On Dec 14, 2015
I think nigerian should go on a mass protest on #StopTheBlameAPC.....
Re: Nigerians React To Lai Mohammed's Comments On The Economy by olakan22: 9:59am On Dec 14, 2015
ikkkkk:
Kids all over nairaland. Sometimes I wonder if most people in this forum understand simple English at all. I spent my Sunday without light and fuel. Moreover, I have not even been paid my November salary by FG. I lamented all day. Just at d time I saw a post in nairaland addressing my predicament, I saw bunch of brainless tribal fools trying to tribalize the issue.

No one is saying PDP should return to power. They are only telling APC to stop blaming the last government and start working because the economy was better under the last government than what APC turned it into.

u be person!
Re: Nigerians React To Lai Mohammed's Comments On The Economy by Dikechigozie: 10:07am On Dec 14, 2015
APC and buhari will set the nation on fire one day.
In a sane clan,lie mohamed will not talk where human beings are.
A man that has a penchant of lies associated to his name.
Morality is thrown to the bins in nigeria
Re: Nigerians React To Lai Mohammed's Comments On The Economy by Bbdot(m): 10:09am On Dec 14, 2015
okolochyke:

Nigerian Facebook users are well over 20 million. You cannot put up 20 comments and tell us that it represents the feelings of Nigerians

It is even more ridiculous when 90% of those making the comments are from one section of the country.

The majority of Nigerians are still trying to take in the enormity of the corruption that took place under Jonathan.

The people complaining here are most likely Ipob youths who do not like Nigeria anyway.
biafra comment
Re: Nigerians React To Lai Mohammed's Comments On The Economy by Newmanluckyman(m): 11:00am On Dec 14, 2015
tamonokare:
I wonder if blaming Jonathan can create jobs, or provide Electricity.
... Thank you my brother. This is exactly what President Barack Obama told Iranian govt when they where shouting 'death to America'. In Obama exact words he said 'shouting death to America will never create jobs, improve infrastructure, standard of living for the common Iranian citizens. APC should take note.
Re: Nigerians React To Lai Mohammed's Comments On The Economy by wirinet(m): 11:05am On Dec 14, 2015

ikkkkk:
Kids all over nairaland. Sometimes I wonder if most people in this forum understand simple English at all. I spent my Sunday without light and fuel. Moreover, I have not even been paid my November salary by FG. I lamented all day. Just at d time I saw a post in nairaland addressing my predicament, I saw bunch of brainless tribal fools trying to tribalize the issue.

No one is saying PDP should return to power. They are only telling APC to stop blaming the last government and start working because the economy was better under the last government than what APC turned it into.

Are you telling us that you are unable to correlate your current predicament with the massive looting that took place during the last administration? Are you aware Okonjo Iweala had to borrow money to pay your salaries before she left? Most states were owing several months of salaries before Buhari took over.

You said the economy was better under the last government, why not? Crude was selling for an average of $100 per barrel for almost 5 years. What other economic improvement did Jonathan add to Nigeria? What else does Nigeria export and how else do we earn forex? In reality Buhari is getting about 1/3 what Jonathan got, and you are here screaming the economy was better under Jonathan.

Pray hard that crude prices should jump above $60 per barrel soon or you will feel how much worse the economy can get, since your hero decided to turn Nigeria's money into PDP's money instead of saving for the rainy day?
Re: Nigerians React To Lai Mohammed's Comments On The Economy by wirinet(m): 11:14am On Dec 14, 2015
Newmanluckyman:
... Thank you my brother. This is exactly what President Barack Obama told Iranian govt when they where shouting 'death to America'. In Obama exact words he said 'shouting death to America will never create jobs, improve infrastructure, standard of living for the common Iranian citizens. APC should take note.
And where do you want the government to get the money to do all these things? Why not encourage PDP and their cronies to return the monies they looted and see whether the government would use the money to create jobs, improve infrastructure, standard of living for the common Nigerian citizens.
Re: Nigerians React To Lai Mohammed's Comments On The Economy by Newmanluckyman(m): 11:16am On Dec 14, 2015
bayinq25:
I'm not against probing a government that has sucked Nigeria dry for 16 years,but why blame?instead of blaming please probe and bring culprits to book.Nigeria cannot suddenly skyrocket,it's going to take at least ten years but it's grossly impossible to forget an administration that has sucked our reserves dry.Truth is:na mouth them dey use probe?,corruption is our biggest problem and we must tackle it asap..as for those posts,many of these SS AND SE people never asked the same questions when Jonathan was president85% of these comments are SS and SE people.this politics of my brother won't take Nigeria anywhere..until Nigerians start choosing the right leaders irrespective of ethnicity,the SS and SE are trying to frustrate a 6months old government and kept quiet with a corrupt 16 year old government...my point is that APC and PDP are both visionless but let's wait for four years if we we're patient enough for 16corrupt years..and let's stop thinking PDP is a solution when APC fails...Nigeria is in shambles..quote me wrongly,you'll die without a shoe!
.. U need to see ur doctor ASAP. This is a height of illiteracy.
Re: Nigerians React To Lai Mohammed's Comments On The Economy by nikz(f): 11:19am On Dec 14, 2015
It's now clear to us that APC were not ready to rule they wanted to fight thinking GEJ will not concede defeat but thank God for everything. So they should change the economy as said and stop the blame game. We are tired. I'm am not igbo but we are tired. All the sectors are suffering. Every month people are laid off jobs what are we talking about here?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians React To Lai Mohammed's Comments On The Economy by wirinet(m): 11:27am On Dec 14, 2015
nikz:
It's now clear to us that APC were not ready to rule they wanted to fight thinking GEJ will not concede defeat but thank God for everything. So they should change the economy as said and stop the blame game. We are tired. I'm am not igbo but we are tired. All the sectors are suffering. Every month people are laid off jobs what are we talking about here?
Why not propose an idea on how to change the economy with no cash. remember crude prices averages $40/barrel and no money in our foreign reserves and sovereign wealth fund, not to talk of loan commitments on loans taken by the last administration.
Re: Nigerians React To Lai Mohammed's Comments On The Economy by Drahmah: 11:42am On Dec 14, 2015
okolochyke:

I expected something like this from an APC fanatic. The people whose comments have been sampled, are they not Nigerians? You say they are IPOB youths from one section of the country, but does that make them any less Nigerian than you? I know that it is a little hard for some of you APC fanatics to grapple with the fact that there actually are Nigerians from all parts of the country who are getting tired and disappointed in the present government; a government from whom so much is expected, judging from the promises they made before assuming power, but it is the truth. APC promised us change, and while we expect that change to be gradual, we also expect it to be multi- faceted. This government has been in power for 7 months, yet nothing of note has happened to positively impact the average Nigerian. All it's done is probe the previous government, which i have no problem with, by the way, but should that be at the expense of the overall well-being of the citizenry? There are other pressing issues i the country that require immediate attention, take the lingering fuel crisis and the dwindling naira for instance. What about electricity? Our economy is suffering, but the government seems not to be bothered, and you expect the people not to complain for disappointment? How many contracts have been awarded, heck, how many projects has the government actually set out to execute? None of course! It may only still be 7 months, but that is enough for a government that means business to make an impression. It's just sad that it's not been up to scratch.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians React To Lai Mohammed's Comments On The Economy by kachola: 11:49am On Dec 14, 2015
Hmmmm why is my igbo brothers lik this. why are they so myopic. with all this stealing PDP carried out in this country stiill my brothers still talk rubish
Re: Nigerians React To Lai Mohammed's Comments On The Economy by christopher123(m): 11:52am On Dec 14, 2015
How did APC fool many..that's what I keep asking yet no one could explain ...how did they sell Nigerians dummy well most Nigerians are dummies .with all due respect

When they were chanting change and sai buhari ..I was not impressed ...why ? Cos buharri and APC did not give us any economic blueprint on how they will run this economy

Now look at the mess we are in

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To Lai Mohammed's Comments On The Economy by wirinet(m): 12:16pm On Dec 14, 2015
christopher123:
How did APC fool many..that's what I keep asking yet no one could explain ...how did they sell Nigerians dummy well most Nigerians are dummies .with all due respect

When they were chanting change and sai buhari ..I was not impressed ...why ? Cos buharri and APC did not give us any economic blueprint on how they will run this economy

Now look at the mess we are in

Would things have been better had Jonathan won re election? I don't think so. Signs of a worsening economy were already showing before he left.

Buhari (i did not say APC) did not campaign on the economy or any economic blue print, he campaigned on tackling Boko Haram and fighting corruption. People that voted for Buhari does not expect an economic miracle. Buhari had never claimed to be an economic guru, he is known to be an efficient war general and a strict disciplinarian.
Re: Nigerians React To Lai Mohammed's Comments On The Economy by EasternLeopard: 12:26pm On Dec 14, 2015
wirinet:

Are you telling us that you are unable to correlate your current predicament with the massive looting that took place during the last administration? Are you aware Okonjo Iweala had to borrow money to pay your salaries before she left? Most states were owing several months of salaries before Buhari took over.

You said the economy was better under the last government, why not? Crude was selling for an average of $100 per barrel for almost 5 years. What other economic improvement did Jonathan add to Nigeria? What else does Nigeria export and how else do we earn forex? In reality Buhari is getting about 1/3 what Jonathan got, and you are here screaming the economy was better under Jonathan.

Pray hard that crude prices should jump above $60 per barrel soon or you will feel how much worse the economy can get, since your hero decided to turn Nigeria's money into PDP's money instead of saving for the rainy day?

Buhari called the region that feeds his region 5% and still expects to use the oil wealth gotten from that region to take care of his region.

Guy

Buhari has being cursed by the God of the 5% that's why his government can't enjoy their oil wealth

Buhari should look Northward for the wealth needed to run his government.
Re: Nigerians React To Lai Mohammed's Comments On The Economy by EasternLeopard: 12:29pm On Dec 14, 2015
wirinet:

Why not propose an idea on how to change the economy with no cash. remember crude prices averages $40/barrel and no money in our foreign reserves and sovereign wealth fund, not to talk of loan commitments on loans taken by the last administration.

The cocoa and groundnut of the 97% will finance the government of emperor Buhari
Re: Nigerians React To Lai Mohammed's Comments On The Economy by Blaizeless: 12:56pm On Dec 14, 2015
I said it earlier on that the baboon called Buhari will come out on a revenge mission as soon as he is elected.
How can fighting corruption be lopsided and you expect it not to take it's toll on the government of the day. When You chose to fight corruption selectively that is what you get even from the innermost part of your room

Amaechi was and still corrupt, yet he was given a ministerial post. Nobody said anything and the useless Lai Muhammed did not see that as corruption. When the so called Progressives accepted PDP decampees into their fold, do they they need a sooth sayer to tell them that these are the same set of people that ruled us for the past 16yrs? APC are so daft to say. They should cover their faces with shame hence they have nothing good to offer.
Re: Nigerians React To Lai Mohammed's Comments On The Economy by wirinet(m): 12:59pm On Dec 14, 2015
EasternLeopard:

Buhari called the region that feeds his region 5% and still expects to use the oil wealth gotten from that region to take care of his region.

Guy

Buhari has being cursed by the God of the 5% that's why his government can't enjoy their oil wealth

Buhari should look Northward for the wealth needed to run his government.

The 5% region does not feed Nigeria as the major oil producing states of the Nigerdelta is not part of the 5%. If you say Buhari should look northward for wealth to run his government, then you people also should look eastward to run your states or should i say your Biafra.
Re: Nigerians React To Lai Mohammed's Comments On The Economy by EasternLeopard: 1:01pm On Dec 14, 2015
wirinet:

The 5% region does not feed Nigeria as the major oil producing states of the Nigerdelta is not part of the 5%. If you say Buhari should look northward for wealth to run his government, then you people also should look eastward to run your states or should i say your Biafra.

You live on planet mars

Find out who the 5% are

May be a look at the regions that he got least vote will help you
Re: Nigerians React To Lai Mohammed's Comments On The Economy by christopher123(m): 2:10pm On Dec 14, 2015
wirinet:

Would things have been better had Jonathan won re election? I don't think so. Signs of a worsening economy were already showing before he left.

Buhari (i did not say APC) did not campaign on the economy or any economic blue print, he campaigned on tackling Boko Haram and fighting corruption. People that voted for Buhari does not expect an economic miracle. Buhari had never claimed to be an economic guru, he is known to be an efficient war general and a strict disciplinarian.

IN THE LAST 10 YEARS..NIGERIANS HAS NEVER HAD IT THIS BAD...EVEN IF JONA WAS SHOWING BAD ECONOMY...IT WAS NEVER THIS BAD.
Re: Nigerians React To Lai Mohammed's Comments On The Economy by ajepako(f): 2:56pm On Dec 14, 2015
drnelson:
[size=18pt]I am convinced that the problem of Nigeria is illiteracy.

All these people here asking baba to bring change and turn economy around in 7 months, do you know that price of crude oil is now $37 per barrel?

Do you know that as a country we do not have any export beyond crude oil?

It's like you all have accepted the robbery of billions of dollars as if nothing happened?

Jonathan and his ministers have stolen more money that what Nigeira has in its reserves now and you people are blaming Lai Mohammed for replying PDP

Of course majority of people blaming Buhari are from one tribe in the south east. We see you.

You people have destroyed this country and you have to bring the money back.

Compared to Jonathan's loot, abacha is a small boy.

Nigerians please wake up and the waiters pls continue to tell how bad is economy and baba is clueless. We know your real game. [/size]

Nigerians are aware of the total wreck , yeah

But he promised to fix it.

So, what's the harm in asking him to fulfill his promises since it's what he promised?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To Lai Mohammed's Comments On The Economy by wirinet(m): 2:58pm On Dec 14, 2015
christopher123:

IN THE LAST 10 YEARS..NIGERIANS HAS NEVER HAD IT THIS BAD...EVEN IF JONA WAS SHOWING BAD ECONOMY...IT WAS NEVER THIS BAD.

That was because in the last 10 years crude prices had never been this bad save a brief period under OBJ when crude fell the $30s. Then the economy was cushioned by money from the excess crude accounts. But now no such cushion as all the money had been looted. So the Nigerian economy and the naira is at the mercy of international crude oil prices.
Re: Nigerians React To Lai Mohammed's Comments On The Economy by ajepako(f): 3:00pm On Dec 14, 2015
Ndolarr:
All those defending PDP for destroying the economy are retardeens and should be ignored. Fact is PDP under Jonathan messed up the economy through massive looting! This is affecting a lot of things including inadequate funds to pay salaries and attend to decaying infrastructure! Buhari needs to raise alarm about this state of affairs so that the whole world will know the rot he is trying to clear! In a sane clime, people like Ekweremadu and other PDP leaders are supposed to be in jail or go into hiding out of shame! Ironically, they are the ones making the loudest noise! Shame on them!

I agree with you dude. PDP looted this country to the last dime.

But 75 percent of APC members were PDP decampees

So, since they joined APC, they have suddenly become saints who had nothing to do with the rot in the economy?

Yeah sure.. APC is 'saintville'
Re: Nigerians React To Lai Mohammed's Comments On The Economy by wirinet(m): 3:01pm On Dec 14, 2015
EasternLeopard:

You live on planet mars

Find out who the 5% are

May be a look at the regions that he got least vote will help you

You can look up INEC's records of the last elections to confirm where Buhari got less than 5%.
Re: Nigerians React To Lai Mohammed's Comments On The Economy by FORTUNES247: 3:04pm On Dec 14, 2015
Life today is full of negative energy. Everyone has a reason to either complain or worry, often stifling happiness. But despite life’s misfortunes, we have to start looking for way to feel comfortable within ourselves. When problems arise, avoid only seeing the negative. - See more at: http://www.truetalkmagazine.com/index.php/inspirational/item/50-get-motivated-overcoming-the-struggle.html#sthash.eVW4dGtX.dpuf

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Policewoman Carries Ebelechukwu Obiano's Bag, Nigerians React (Photos) / Checkout The Price Of Wike Outfit (picture) / 2019 Election: Osinbajo Drops His "Prof" Title For "Pastor" On A Billboard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.