Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,750 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:14 AM

Is Celebrating Christmas Wrong ? - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Celebrating Christmas Wrong ? (26551 Views)

How Come Atheists Are Celebrating Christmas? / Stop Celebrating Christmas, Its Idolatrous – Pastor Kumuyi Warns / Stop Celebrating Christmas It Is Idolatry - Kumuyi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Celebrating Christmas Wrong ? by vooks: 5:31am On Dec 26, 2015
plappville:

At least you can tell your children the truth from the bold. When i was a child, i was told Jesus was born on 25th dec thats why we celebrate his birthday. I grown up and discovered i was made to believe a lie for many years. Of course you can choose to celebrate anyday as special day for you. But the historical bitter truth of this December 25th is unchanged. Its not how you want it but how God wants it. Do you choose for God or He chooses for you? This so-called festival you now call Christmas is even older than Christianity itself. Its just the name and traditions that were modified. Thesame way Muhammad try to used the Meccan pagan shrine to be Gods holy site. We cant force God to accept things. In the bible. We see how God rejects some people who were so sure in thier heart that their sacrifice /offerings will go straight to God. But got dissapointed. We cant say God is pleased with Christmas or He is not pleased with it. We know for sure that. Man cant choose for God. And Christmas was a feast created by man and then tagged Jesus with it.

Pagans celebrated deities 1500 years ago, Christians celebrate the King of Kings

You can't switch the two any more than you can switch sun worship with commemoration of resurrection on Sunday
Re: Is Celebrating Christmas Wrong ? by vooks: 5:34am On Dec 26, 2015
Dynamite02:

Proclaiming his death should be our utmost priority,I observe he anniversary of christ death,to me it is the greatest expression of love ever, which I appreciate. Besides,
on the night before he died, Jesus INSTRUCTED
his disciples to commemorate the sacrifice that
he was about to make. He told them:“Keep
doing this in remembrance of me.”— Luke
22:19.

It is important we please God in EVERYTHING we do.
The Bible encourages us to think for ourselves,
to use our “power of reason.” ( Romans 12:1, 2)
It teaches us to value the truth. (John 4:23, 24)
,if we follow every band wagon of customs, tradition and celebrations around us....would we be showing that we are worshipping God in "TRUTH"?
So it very important, we adhere to Bible principles even if it
means that we become unpopular.

Some die while commemorating what Jesus commanded. This tells you anything can be abused

This is no popularity contest so quit victimhood. And nobody is asking you to celebrate just because others are celebrating

All I need from you is scriptural proof Christmas violates any part of scriptures. Please do it
Re: Is Celebrating Christmas Wrong ? by cybrninja(m): 5:40am On Dec 26, 2015
known to every fact that shows how falsified,idolatrous,unreligious,and unscriptural Christmas is... i just sit and watch in high definition how brainwashed people who still celebrate it have become

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Celebrating Christmas Wrong ? by malvisguy212: 7:10am On Dec 26, 2015
Noblemile:

Whether you like it or. not the truth is the truth. In rev.22, it is stated in clear term that who so ever adds or subtract from the law is liable to punishment.
for God to conceal that day from the sight of men is a sign of displeasure God has for that day as well as it's irrelevance. If you re a good philosopher please kindly think about this critically. The death of Christ was opened for commemoration showing God's pleasure and honour in it. lets think about this carefully. Just like you said 'it's a matter of choice whether or not to be save...Noble loves you all and wants you to be save!
so what you are saying, is a sin to celebrate Jesus ?okay, thank you for your contribution.
Re: Is Celebrating Christmas Wrong ? by malvisguy212: 7:17am On Dec 26, 2015
Noblemile:

Whether you like it or. not the truth is the truth. In rev.22, it is stated in clear term that who so ever adds or subtract from the law is liable to punishment.
for God to conceal that day from the sight of men is a sign of displeasure God has for that day as well as it's irrelevance. If you re a good philosopher please kindly think about this critically. The death of Christ was opened for commemoration showing God's pleasure and honour in it. lets think about this carefully. Just like you said 'it's a matter of choice whether or not to be save...Noble loves you all and wants you to be save!
and also, the bible did not mention the day Jesus was born, if we decided to celebrate it, is a personal choice, we are not adding or removing from the scripture. as Paul say in 1cor 8 " as long as you are not offended in your conscience its no sin "
Re: Is Celebrating Christmas Wrong ? by Cyojunior(m): 9:23am On Dec 26, 2015
Keep d thread going am really enjoying it

Christianity in diversity
Re: Is Celebrating Christmas Wrong ? by Nobody: 10:35am On Dec 26, 2015
Sarang:

I've read it..

Sorry you are so wrong bro.

what exactly did you read? undecided

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080928064041AATOZUD

read up.
Re: Is Celebrating Christmas Wrong ? by Nobody: 10:44am On Dec 26, 2015
dolphinheart:

Solomon served God then later turned away, does that mean the things he wrote are not inspired ?

Which book do you have that you claim to be inspired but not added to the compiled scriptures and why did you not add it ? Why was it not picked? .

wow. a lot of "Christians" are ignorant of the birth of that book they carry around called the Bible.

most people don't even know that for almost 300years after the death of Christ there was no "Bible", like we know it.

Google is your friend dear. don't be scared to befriend it.

then again, you can visit any public library and find out yourself.
Re: Is Celebrating Christmas Wrong ? by malvisguy212: 11:12am On Dec 26, 2015
Ioannes:

wow. a lot of "Christians" are ignorant of the birth of that book they carry around called the Bible.

most people don't even know that for almost 300years after the death of Christ there was no "Bible", like we know it.

Jesus never study in the Rabbinical schools .We can safely assume that Mary and Joseph faithfully taught Him the Scriptures from His earliest days.

You are ignorance of the truth, is google your bible ? Jesus quote soo many books from the old testament which is the BIBLE. Jesus quotes the book of Isaiah eight times during his ministry. Isaiah was a prophet who wrote about the coming judgment of both Israel’s kingdoms and the comfort that God would bring to his people afterward. Jesus quotes Isaiah to describe the
disconnect between the people and their God. For example:

Jesus speaks in parables, fulfilling Isaiah’s prophecy concerning “eyes that
do not see” and “ears that do not hear ” ( Is 6:9–10; Mt 13:14–15; Mk 4:12;
Lk 8:10). Jesus quote many of isaiah prophecy and claims to have fullfiled it. If the bible is not writing during the time of Jesus, if I may ask, from WHICH book did Jesus quoted from ?

The Septuagint was the first translation
of the Hebrew Bible; and was made in
the third century B.C. by Jewish scribes,
who were direct descendents of those
trained in Ezra's Great Synagogue of
Jerusalem. They were complete experts
in the text, being very well versed in
Hebrew and Greek.
This translation became very popular
among Jews in the first two centuries
before Christ because many Jews in
those days did not understand Hebrew.
Their ancestors had left Israel centuries
before, and generation after generation
gradually lost the ability to read the
Scriptures in Hebrew.

1 Like

Re: Is Celebrating Christmas Wrong ? by vooks: 12:09pm On Dec 26, 2015
Ioannes:

Very true but EVERY book of NT was in full circulation by 100 AD. When you want to sound clever, better make sure you are clever
Re: Is Celebrating Christmas Wrong ? by falopey: 1:07pm On Dec 26, 2015
Sarang:

Well I wasn't there and wont judge based on what I hear from you.

But what I said before is the only reason to have collected it.

You were not there but you defended the Jehovah witness Christmas bonus taker. Ok, that reason you use to justify taking the money makes you an hypocrite. Because it's clearly stated that it's Christmas bonus and not part of his salary. He should have rejected the money since his mind is offended celebrating and commemorating the birth of Jesus. So in that case, he shares of the goodies of Christmas. He is not different from people that celebrate. Of course he received of the "food offered to an idol". You must be a joker yourself. Laugh...

I won't take all these Jehovah witnesses serious until they all stop taking all end of the year Christmas bonuses and gifts shared in their respective work place.
Re: Is Celebrating Christmas Wrong ? by dolphinheart(m): 2:10pm On Dec 26, 2015
malvisguy212:
so what you are saying, is a sin to celebrate Jesus ?okay, thank you for your contribution.

You are not celebrating jesus! You are celebrating the birthday of jesus!

It was not recorded that jesus did it.
Not recorded that his parents did it.
Not recorded that the disciples did it.
Not recorded that the Jews did it.
Not recorded that the apostles did it.
Not recorded that early christians did it.

So who did birthday celebrations?
Answer : pagans
When do they do birthday celebration for one of their Gods?
Answer : Dec 25th.

A lot of dates where recorded in the scriptures, but God has protected us from satans manipulative ways. He did not reveal the date jesus was born to us so that Satan will not use that date to create a pagan or man made religious celebration in the name of jesus!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Celebrating Christmas Wrong ? by dolphinheart(m): 2:13pm On Dec 26, 2015
Ioannes:

You are running away from the questions I asked you!

They did not have the bible, but they had the scriptures with them.! Abi na the catholic church produce the scriptures too?
Re: Is Celebrating Christmas Wrong ? by plappville(f): 2:40pm On Dec 26, 2015
The spirit behind Christmas is a strong one. The god of this world has made them believe a lie... angry
Re: Is Celebrating Christmas Wrong ? by plappville(f): 4:21pm On Dec 26, 2015
vooks:

Pagans celebrated deities 1500 years ago, Christians celebrate the King of Kings

You can't switch the two any more than you can switch sun worship with commemoration of resurrection on Sunday

There is no how you can twist it. The feast is unscriptural ! ! The King of Kings did not tell you to celebrate his birthday. The problem is that, many Christians, who think they are followers of Christ, have been deceived. Not only have they embraced erroneous "traditions" they have also been lied to, misled by ministers and priests, and have ASSUMED that they were celebrating Christ birthday! Yet Jesus himself warned:

"Howbeit IN VAIN DO THEY WORSHIP ME, teaching for doctrines THE COMMANDMENTS OF MEN. For laying aside the commandment of God, ye HOLD THE TRADITION OF MEN..." (Mark 7:7-cool.

The gospel of Matthew also records similar words spoken by the Jesus. "Ye HYPOCRITES, well did Isaiah prophesy of you, saying, 'This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouths, and honoreth me with their lips; but THEIR HEART IS FAR FROM ME. But IN VAIN do they WORSHIP me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of MEN " (Matt. 15:7-9).

When was Jesus born, anyway? Was it anywhere NEAR December 25? And if not, then why believe a lie, and celebrate and perform a lie? Not only that you practice the lies you were made to believe. You went as far as making others to believe your lie by twisting scripture.

2 Likes

Re: Is Celebrating Christmas Wrong ? by malvisguy212: 4:47pm On Dec 26, 2015
dolphinheart:

You are not celebrating jesus! You are celebrating the birthday of jesus!

It was not recorded that jesus did it.
Not recorded that his parents did it.
Not recorded that the disciples did it.
Not recorded that the Jews did it.
Not recorded that the apostles did it.
Not recorded that early christians did it.

So who did birthday celebrations?
Answer : pagans
When do they do birthday celebration for one of their Gods?
Answer : Dec 25th.

A lot of dates where recorded in the scriptures, but God has protected us from satans manipulative ways. He did not reveal the date jesus was born to us so that Satan will not use that date to create a pagan or man made religious celebration in the name of jesus!
what was the reason the heavenly host were rejoicing ? When an angel came to the shepherds in
the field one night, “the angel said to
them,“Fear not, for behold, I bring you
good news of GREAT JOY that will be for ALL THE PEOPLE ” (Luke 2:10).

This joy was not for only Mary or Joseph, nor was it for only the shepherd BUT FOR ALL THE PEOPLE, it is this great news we are celebrating.
Re: Is Celebrating Christmas Wrong ? by vooks: 5:27pm On Dec 26, 2015
plappville:

There is no how you can twist it. The feast is unscriptural ! ! The King of Kings did not tell you to celebrate his birthday. The problem is that, many Christians, who think they are followers of Christ, have been deceived. Not only have they embraced erroneous "traditions" they have also been lied to, misled by ministers and priests, and have ASSUMED that they were celebrating Christ birthday! Yet Jesus himself warned:

"Howbeit IN VAIN DO THEY WORSHIP ME, teaching for doctrines THE COMMANDMENTS OF MEN. For laying aside the commandment of God, ye HOLD THE TRADITION OF MEN..." (Mark 7:7-cool.

The gospel of Matthew also records similar words spoken by the Jesus. "Ye HYPOCRITES, well did Isaiah prophesy of you, saying, 'This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouths, and honoreth me with their lips; but THEIR HEART IS FAR FROM ME. But IN VAIN do they WORSHIP me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of MEN " (Matt. 15:7-9).

When was Jesus born, anyway? Was it anywhere NEAR December 25? And if not, then why believe a lie, and celebrate and perform a lie? Not only that you practice the lies you were made to believe. You went as far as making others to believe your lie by twisting scripture.
You are the one twisting Incarnation

There is nothing wrong with traditions so long as thy don't violate any scriptures
Am asking for any scripture voided by Christmas and you have none.
Re: Is Celebrating Christmas Wrong ? by dolphinheart(m): 5:40pm On Dec 26, 2015
malvisguy212:
what was the reason the heavenly host were rejoicing ? When an angel came to the shepherds in
the field one night, “the angel said to
them,“Fear not, for behold, I bring you good news of GREAT JOY that will be for ALL THE PEOPLE ” (Luke 2:10).

This joy was not for only Mary or Joseph, nor was it for only the shepherd BUT FOR ALL THE PEOPLE, it is this great news we are celebrating.

Thank God you said they rejoiced! They where full of joy for the event that happened.

Did they celebrate it with merryment? No

Was there a record of them(all people that believed in jesus then) doing it again based on the movement of celestial bodies? No

Did they(the angels) tell you to always do it? No
Was jesus born every year? No
Was the date recorded? No

The reason that the angels rejoiced can be found in the bolded.
That great joy that will be , has been there for us from that day onward, everyday till now, no day is dissallowed that we cannot access that great joy, the joy that the most high sent someone to come and redeem us. And what did the scriptures tell us? It tells us to rejoice always! Not to have a man made date using a made calender for celebration a man made religious event that came out of paganistic ideas.

Pls tell us, how did humans start the celebration of Christmas and how did they celebrate it.
Re: Is Celebrating Christmas Wrong ? by Nobody: 6:04pm On Dec 26, 2015
vooks:

You are the one twisting Incarnation

There is nothing wrong with traditions so long as thy don't violate any scriptures
Am asking for any scripture voided by Christmas and you have none.
Abeg leave those sect of christians that claim to be righteous and holy. I will start taking them serious when they can give me biblical verses to support marriage within themselves since they know the bible very well, copying white wedding instead of the traditional marriage because I didn't see were white wedding was conducted in the bible, discrimination against other christians, watching of footballs and even participation in it.
Since they claim christmas is unholy of which I wouldn't argue with them, they should stop using the days of the week, months since they are named after pagan god, They should stop using model gadgets phones, laptops, e.t.c since it is not biblical. Instead of preaching the good news and winning converts at any slightest opportunity, they blast other christian sect making themselves look holy while others are sinners. I only pity their followers that have being brainwash with different doctrines. This is the problem I have with christians, they blast each other not knowing other religious bodies are watching them. Deeper life we say they are deeper, redeem will say this, MFM same thing, Chosen on their own e.t.c as if na church go carry person go heaven.
Re: Is Celebrating Christmas Wrong ? by malvisguy212: 6:22pm On Dec 26, 2015
dolphinheart:

Did they(the angels) tell you to always do it? No
Was jesus born every year? No
captivator say Jesus death should be the one to celebrate and not Christmas, infact Jesus command us to do so. So I will ask this questions to you, did Jesus died every year ?
Re: Is Celebrating Christmas Wrong ? by Nobody: 6:36pm On Dec 26, 2015
vooks:

Very true but EVERY book of NT was in full circulation by 100 AD. When you want to sound clever, better make sure you are clever

Lol. there was no "New Testament" or "Old Testament" then. they just had a few letters from Paul and some of the apostles and the Scriptures which was used in the synagogue.

in full circulation

you make me laugh.

I guess you thought there was printing press back then.

so funny.
Re: Is Celebrating Christmas Wrong ? by Nobody: 6:50pm On Dec 26, 2015
dolphinheart:

You are running away from the questions I asked you!

They did not have the bible, but they had the scriptures with them.! Abi na the catholic church produce the scriptures too?

have you heard of the book called "the shepherd of Hemas"? How about the Gospel of Thomas? these were just a couple of the hundreds of books available to choose from.

the Scriptures they had was the one that was read in the synagogue and a few letters from Paul and some of the apostles like Peter, James and John, which weren't considered Scriptures at the time, just letters from the leaders of the Christian community.

smh. ignorance.

the church compiled the Canon of Scriptures, the ones that would be considered the inspired word of God, which would form the collection of books "Bible".

there was a lot to choose from, but the Church chose the ones we now know as Bible.
Re: Is Celebrating Christmas Wrong ? by Nobody: 7:16pm On Dec 26, 2015
malvisguy212:
Jesus never study in the Rabbinical schools .We can safely assume that Mary and Joseph faithfully taught Him the Scriptures from His earliest days.

You are ignorance of the truth, is google your bible ? Jesus quote soo many books from the old testament which is the BIBLE. Jesus quotes the book of Isaiah eight times during his ministry. Isaiah was a prophet who wrote about the coming judgment of both Israel’s kingdoms and the comfort that God would bring to his people afterward. Jesus quotes Isaiah to describe the
disconnect between the people and their God. For example:

Jesus speaks in parables, fulfilling Isaiah’s prophecy concerning “eyes that
do not see” and “ears that do not hear ” ( Is 6:9–10; Mt 13:14–15; Mk 4:12;
Lk 8:10). Jesus quote many of isaiah prophecy and claims to have fullfiled it. If the bible is not writing during the time of Jesus, if I may ask, from WHICH book did Jesus quoted from ?

The Septuagint was the first translation
of the Hebrew Bible; and was made in
the third century B.C. by Jewish scribes,
who were direct descendents of those
trained in Ezra's Great Synagogue of
Jerusalem. They were complete experts
in the text, being very well versed in
Hebrew and Greek.
This translation became very popular
among Jews in the first two centuries
before Christ because many Jews in
those days did not understand Hebrew.
Their ancestors had left Israel centuries
before, and generation after generation
gradually lost the ability to read the
Scriptures in Hebrew.

so the book of revelation and the four books of the Gospels were already written when Jesus was alive? clap for yourself. you can't even distinguish between the bible and the Scriptures in existence during Jesus' time.

According to you Jesus quoted sooo many books from the old testament and you were only able to mention a couple of quotes from Isaiah u no try o.

in short all I can get from what you wrote is that the Jewish Scriptures and the Bible we use today are one and the same.

sorry ogbeni, that's a clear miss.
Re: Is Celebrating Christmas Wrong ? by vooks: 7:30pm On Dec 26, 2015
Ioannes:

Lol. there was no "New Testament" or "Old Testament" then. they just had a few letters from Paul and some of the apostles and the Scriptures which was used in the synagogue.

in full circulation

you make me laugh.

I guess you thought there was printing press back then.

so funny.
I hope you are laughing at your ignorance because the 'few letters from Paul and some of the apostles and the scriptures' are what the makes the Bible
Re: Is Celebrating Christmas Wrong ? by malvisguy212: 8:22pm On Dec 26, 2015
Ioannes:

so the book of revelation and the four books of the Gospels were already written when Jesus was alive? clap for yourself. you can't even distinguish between the bible and the Scriptures in existence during Jesus' time.

According to you Jesus quoted sooo many books from the old testament and you were only able to mention a couple of quotes from Isaiah u no try o.

in short all I can get from what you wrote is that the Jewish Scriptures and the Bible we use today are one and the same.

sorry ogbeni, that's a clear miss.
were in my post I say the book of revelation were writing before Jesus ? What denomination you belong to ? Jesus did not write the Gospel, He brought the Gospel and that the apostles continued to preach it. Jesus did not speak His own words, but the words that the Father gave Him:

John
12:49 For I have not spoken of myself;
but the Father which sent me, he gave
me a commandment, what I should say,
and what I should speak.

His message was not primarily about Himself, but rather the good news that the Father ordained to be announced on earth.

Matthew 24:14
And this gospel of the kingdom will
be preached in all the world as a
witness to all the nations, and then
the end will come.

The inspired Word of God makes it
abundantly plain: The "good news" that
Jesus Christ brought was about the
Kingdom of God! The "gospel of Jesus
Christ" is simply the message of good
news that Jesus preached, not a
message about Jesus. It is not primarily a message about the events in His life.
Re: Is Celebrating Christmas Wrong ? by SHOCK7(m): 8:35pm On Dec 26, 2015
[quote author=plappville post=41344746]
Gbam!!![/quote THANKS!
Re: Is Celebrating Christmas Wrong ? by SHOCK7(m): 8:46pm On Dec 26, 2015
[quote author=CAPTIVATOR post=41060418]
Dont bring christmas here pls !!!
The days in Romans 14:5,6 Are Actually The Jewish Celebrations COMMANDED BY GOD before Christ Came, am happy you indicate that at bold ..... Is christmas commanded by God Or a Man - Made command ?

But we found in the scipture that God APPRECIATES building a house specifically for his worship ? ( 2 chronicles 6:8 ) contrary to christmas/birthday celebration that has no basis in the scripture

You are right!!! The bible did not order naming ceremony , i wonder why people do it ? Its unscriptural like its friend Christmas .

Yes ! Its Another Hole in christendom .

Swallow the undelined , funeral ceremonies are not biblical ; dancin with a casket , putting money in the casket of a dead man e.t.c and some other paganic custom associated with funerals are all pure dillusion like christmas

But yet the apostles did not celebrate Jesus Birthday ... !

Who Asked you to dedicate a special sunday as thanksgving ... Uh ? Thats funny

Heb 10:24,25 said true christians must regularly meet together , I enjoyed a weekly routine of bible study not just sunday alone . Many chose sunday to OBEY HEB 10:24,25 BECAUSE IT A DAY OFF FROM WORK , whereas christmas has no basis in the scripture .

New year celebration is unbiblical nd paganic like its fellow christmas . [/quote
Beautiful points!
Re: Is Celebrating Christmas Wrong ? by dolphinheart(m): 8:56pm On Dec 26, 2015
malvisguy212:
captivator say Jesus death should be the one to celebrate and not Christmas, infact Jesus command us to do so. So I will ask this questions to you, did Jesus died every year ?

Can you quote the direct statements of captivator?

Can you show me the verses where jesus say we should celebrate his death?
No jesus did not die every year!

I take your refusal to respond to the questions and answers to my post as an acceptance that the answers I provided to those questions are correct!
Re: Is Celebrating Christmas Wrong ? by SHOCK7(m): 9:00pm On Dec 26, 2015
[quote author=malvisguy212 post=41061894]its seems like you find delight in argument, read the op very well one more time. The disciples did not celebrate Christmas , but there were Great rejoicing in heaven when the announcement came. The point is , those who chose to celebrate it do it in perfect way to Honor Jesus, we celebrate Jesus. And those who chose not to celebrate are not disobeying God, because no command was given to celebrate. If you insist in arguing, I will not reply you. Thank you.[/quote
Guy 'ur problem is dat u keep mixing d"Great rejoicing in heaven with d unscriptural practice of yearly celebrating Christ deriviated from paganism!Again dere is nothing like doing it in a "perfect way 2 honor Jesus"who send una!
Re: Is Celebrating Christmas Wrong ? by dolphinheart(m): 9:38pm On Dec 26, 2015
Ioannes:

have you heard of the book called "the shepherd of Hemas"? How about the Gospel of Thomas? these were just a couple of the hundreds of books available to choose from.
Hello sir, I'm not talking about books, I'm talking about the inspired word of God.

Are the shepherd of hermas and gospel of Thomas inspired?
If not, then they are not supposed to be mentioned when talking about the compilation of the inspired books.

If yes, pls tell us why ur church did not add some of the word of God to the bible?
What was the reason or criteria that your church used to select some inspired books and rejected some inspired books in their compilation.?
E.g why was Matthew added and gospel of Thomas not added.!

the Scriptures they had was the one that was read in the synagogue and a few letters from Paul and some of the apostles like Peter, James and John, which weren't considered Scriptures at the time, just letters from the leaders of the Christian community.

Haba sir! , those letters where available for them at that time! Was it not? Call it letters, books, scripture or any name you want, the fact is that the inspired books that where compiled was available to the christians hundreds of years before such compilation occured.
You are acting as if calling those books letters make them less important, less inspired or less available.

Do you think one inspired book is more important than the other?

smh. ignorance.

the church compiled the Canon of Scriptures, the ones that would be considered the inspired word of God, which would form the collection of books "Bible".

there was a lot to choose from, but the Church chose the ones we now know as Bible.

Did they choose all inspired books or left some out of the compilation?

Wateva ur answer is to the above question, pls add reasons why such was done.
Re: Is Celebrating Christmas Wrong ? by Sarang(f): 10:08pm On Dec 26, 2015
falopey:

You were not there but you defended the Jehovah witness Christmas bonus taker. Ok, that reason you use to justify taking the money makes you an hypocrite. Because it's clearly stated that it's Christmas bonus and not part of his salary. He should have rejected the money since his mind is offended celebrating and commemorating the birth of Jesus. So in that case, he shares of the goodies of Christmas. He is not different from people that celebrate. Of course he received of the "food offered to an idol". You must be a joker yourself. Laugh...

I won't take all these Jehovah witnesses serious until they all stop taking all end of the year Christmas bonuses and gifts shared in their respective work place.

Good for you.
Re: Is Celebrating Christmas Wrong ? by Sarang(f): 12:50am On Dec 27, 2015
Ioannes:

what exactly did you read? undecided

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080928064041AATOZUD

read up.

I read the history book. Not questions on Yahoo..

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Similarities Between Christianity And African Religion / Nigeria Is The 9th Most Religious Country In The World / This Is Why A Church Usher Must Stop Stealing From Offering Box.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.