Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:10 AM

Is Celebrating Christmas Wrong ? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Celebrating Christmas Wrong ? (26540 Views)

How Come Atheists Are Celebrating Christmas? / Stop Celebrating Christmas, Its Idolatrous – Pastor Kumuyi Warns / Stop Celebrating Christmas It Is Idolatry - Kumuyi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Celebrating Christmas Wrong ? by Sarang(f): 12:19pm On Dec 25, 2015
byrron:

They are free to continue with their unbiblical practices and such practices will forever remain unscriptural and man made doctrine which definitely does not originate from christ.

If only they know the meaning of the word "CHRISTIAN" !

Followers of Christ.
But even those who do not believe that God exists celebrate christmas.

It's so hilareous. grin
Re: Is Celebrating Christmas Wrong ? by vooks: 12:20pm On Dec 25, 2015
Raymondfayowole:

The bible made us to understand that we r to celebrate his death evry first day of the week. The first day of the week in this part of the world is on sunday in another country it cn b saturday, monday, anyday as long as it is the first day of the week.
If Jesus Christ wnted us to celebrate his birthday it would be stated in the bible. Jesus Christ wnted us to celebrate his death dat is why he gave us how, when, and why we should celebrate his death.

Where EXACTLY are you told to celebrate on the first day of the week?
Re: Is Celebrating Christmas Wrong ? by Nobody: 12:21pm On Dec 25, 2015
This issue of xmas gets me rather upset!
Why should I be so engrossed with something that my master neither does nor asks me to do for him, when in fact, I have not finished doing what he expressly tells me to do? {Matthew 28:18-20}
To all of you (the xmas fans), how many times have you tried doing what is written in that Scripture?

1 Like

Re: Is Celebrating Christmas Wrong ? by adelujohn(m): 12:21pm On Dec 25, 2015
Isokay
Re: Is Celebrating Christmas Wrong ? by vooks: 12:23pm On Dec 25, 2015
Sarang:

Well because the percentage is going to be on the rise today.

Check it after few weeks
Hot air,
Any statistics?
Should Muslims be rounded and killed because terrorists are Muslims?
Re: Is Celebrating Christmas Wrong ? by falopey: 12:25pm On Dec 25, 2015
blezzy080:
upon all d passage.. No cogent point derived

I'm sorry...no offence. But do you find it hard to comprehend English? Get someone else to read over for you.
And besides, it's a reply to a post. Not meant for you so you don't need to understand.
Re: Is Celebrating Christmas Wrong ? by Sarang(f): 12:26pm On Dec 25, 2015
vooks:

Hot air,
Any statistics?
Should Muslims be rounded and killed because terrorists are Muslims?

Nope.
The Government will soon destroy religion..its a given.

More like in reality.
Re: Is Celebrating Christmas Wrong ? by vooks: 12:27pm On Dec 25, 2015
guy2two:
This issue of xmas gets me rather upset!
Why should I be so engrossed with something that my master neither does nor asks me to do for him, when in fact, I have not finished doing what he expressly tells me to do? {Matthew 28:18-20}
To all of you (the xmas fans), how many times have you tried doing what is written in that Scripture?

Did your master tell you to join Nairaland?
What about going to school where you burn over 15 years instead of doing what you were commanded?

2 Likes

Re: Is Celebrating Christmas Wrong ? by Sarang(f): 12:28pm On Dec 25, 2015
vooks:

Did your master tell you to join Nairaland?
What about going to school where you burn over 15 years instead of doing what you were commanded?

He's not actually celebrating Nairaland as part of his religion..I guess thats why.
Re: Is Celebrating Christmas Wrong ? by Nobody: 12:28pm On Dec 25, 2015
Sarang:

Followers of Christ.
But even those who do not believe that God exists celebrate christmas.

It's so hilareous. grin

It's even more hilarious when the so called Christians even partake in celebration feast of other religions which is purely dedicated to whatever they worship or hold sacred.

1 Like

Re: Is Celebrating Christmas Wrong ? by vooks: 12:29pm On Dec 25, 2015
Sarang:

He's not actually celebrating Nairaland as part of his religion..I guess thats why.
But he is here instead of being about his Master's business. What about school?
Re: Is Celebrating Christmas Wrong ? by Jephz(m): 12:30pm On Dec 25, 2015

1 Like

Re: Is Celebrating Christmas Wrong ? by malvisguy212: 12:30pm On Dec 25, 2015
Highcuerayte:
Don't deceive yourself. Historical record tells when Jesus was born. If Jesus was born in December then he is not the Christ.

The scripture made it clear that the Christ Birth, Life, Death and Resurrection must be according to the Law.

Any believer who observe Christmas honours demons and not Christ.

You don't do what you feel is right you do what God ask you to do. Moses did otherwise and paid for it.
when was He born ? Can you back up your claims with a scriptural reference?
Re: Is Celebrating Christmas Wrong ? by vooks: 12:35pm On Dec 25, 2015
Sarang:

Nope.
The Government will soon destroy religion..its a given.

More like in reality.
Thank you for your unsolicited imagination
Re: Is Celebrating Christmas Wrong ? by Sarang(f): 12:36pm On Dec 25, 2015
vooks:

But he is here instead of being about his Master's business. What about school?

I think those are his personnal issue.. you should not interfer.
Re: Is Celebrating Christmas Wrong ? by flamingREED(m): 12:38pm On Dec 25, 2015
malvisguy212:
There are many people who seems to disagree with the celebration of Christmas. Jehovah's Witnesses, teach that it is a sin to observe Christmas at all. Is it a sin to celebrate Jesus' birthday?.
Yes, Christmas is not mentioned in the Bible. There is NO command for believers to observe or celebrate Jesus' birthday. It is a matter of PERSONAL CHOICE . I think it is acceptable to observe Christmas; or not to observe Christmas. I think it is not a sin to celebrate Christmas to a degree, anymore than it would be sinful to celebrate the birthday of a family member. I think it is appropriate to celebrate the Lord's birthday for those who choose to do so.

This lead us to many questions such as :
Jesus was not born in December? What about the pagan origin? Santa clause, e.t.c
First, a person who was born on February 29 (leap year) only celebrate his birthday after 4 years, is it sinful to chose another day to celebrate it ? I personally do not think so. Likewise, I see no harm in celebrating Jesus' birthday on December 25th,even if His actual birthday rests in a different month and date.I think it is a wonderful thing to celebrate the birth of the Savior, God's gift to mankind.

Doesn't Christmas has pagan origin ? So does the names of the week, if your birthday fall in Saturday (Saturn) will you celebrate it as a devoted christian because Saturn is one of the pagan gods? The truth is that Christians today celebrate the holiday in an ENTIRELY DIFFERENT MANNER. There are many wonderful Gospel hymns which have been written to worship Jesus at Christmas time; such as, Silent Night, Hark The Herald Angels Sing, Oh Little Town Of Bethlehem, Joy To The World. I think it would be a mistake to overlook Christmas entirely, and miss out on the opportunity to witness to the lost during the emotional Christmas season. Many hearts have been turned to the Lord during the Christmas holiday , is it sinful to present track to the lost ?No evidence exists that the Christian leaders who began this practice consciously wanted to compromise with paganism.

In conclusion, there are two ways in celebrating Christmas;
Conclusion
1. The Worldly Way :
Santa Claus, the north pole, elves, , secular songs about Christmas, booze, parties, Rock music,et cetera.
2. The Christian Way:
Jesus Christ, Christmas carols, soulwinning, a nativity scene, helping the poor in Jesus' name, et cetera.

Romans 14:5-6
One man regards one day above another, another regards every day alike. LET EACH MAN BE FULLY CONVINCED IN HIS OWN MIND . HE WHO OBSERVES THE DAY OBSERVES IT FOR THE LORD , and he who eats, does so for the Lord, FOR HE GIVES THANKS TO GOD ; and he who eats not, for the Lord he does not eat, and GIVES THANKS TO GOD .

HAPPY CHRISTMAS.

CHRISTMAS has a pagan root and idolatrous laces.

Deuteronomy 16: 20 says, "

that which is ALTOGETHER JUST

SHALT

THOU

FOLLOW
Re: Is Celebrating Christmas Wrong ? by menxer: 12:38pm On Dec 25, 2015
The questioning of one's belief system is the beginning of enlightened wisdom.

It would shock some people when they discover the truth behind what they believe as truth.

1 Like

Re: Is Celebrating Christmas Wrong ? by vooks: 12:40pm On Dec 25, 2015
Sarang:

I think those are his personnal issue.. you should not interfer.
Not really,
He seems cocksure of what his Master wants and Christmas is not part of that. So I picked other activities h is indulging which are equally not part of his Master's mandate just to point out his hypocrisy /nconsistency
Re: Is Celebrating Christmas Wrong ? by vooks: 12:42pm On Dec 25, 2015
flamingREED:

SHALT

THOU

FOLLOW
So is Sunday worship
Re: Is Celebrating Christmas Wrong ? by vooks: 12:43pm On Dec 25, 2015
menxer:
The questioning of one's belief system is the beginning of enlightened wisdom.

It would shock some people when they discover the truth behind what they believe as truth.
Beliefs include unbelief. Many septics(sic) are mere rebels without cause
Re: Is Celebrating Christmas Wrong ? by Sarang(f): 12:43pm On Dec 25, 2015
vooks:

Not really,
He seems cocksure of what his Master wants and Christmas is not part of that. So I picked other activities h is indulging which are equally not part of his Master's mandate just to point out his hypocrisy /nconsistency

You actually know what he does?
Are you his brother?
Just wondering..

Or just guesses.. undecided
Re: Is Celebrating Christmas Wrong ? by Skills10: 12:44pm On Dec 25, 2015
There you go. we are at it again.

The truth is most people are teaching for doctrine the commandment of men.

I will put Christmas into the same category of What God says versus what Men teach.

A. Steps Of Salvation

1. Hear the word(Rom 10: 17) 2. Believe(Mark 16:15) 3. Repent of your sins.(Acts 2:44) 4. Confess Jesus as the Son Of God(Rom 10:9-10). 5 Water Baptism(Acts 2:38, Acts 22:16; I pet 3:21).

I will dwell on Baptism. Baptism saves you.(1 Pet 3:21.) You cannot be Born Again BEFORE Water Baptism.(Your So called Men Of God do not teach this)

Most Denominations today dont dwell on Water Baptism as a step towards being Born Again.

People rather twist God's Command and give a wrong information on How Men are being Saved.

Men say if you want to be born again: say after me. Lord Jesus, I know im a sinner. etc. Then they tell you to Join a bible believing Church.

Water Baptism Saves you. John 3:3; 1 Pet 3:21

You dont Join any Church. God adds you to the Church.

The Church is important in God's Plan Of Salvation.(Heb 12:23)

It is Only the faithful Ones in the Church that will be saved in the end.

B. Women Pastors/ Women Leading Prayers In Churches:

A Pastor according to the Scripture is Only reserved for Men. 1 Tim 3:1-7

A WOMAN CANNOT BE CALLED A PASTOR.

The Bible uses the word Pastor, Overseer, Bishop and Elder interchangeably in the New testament.(Based on the work) A Position Only meant for Men. He must be a Husband of One wife and not a Wife of One Husband.

I am not a Male Chauvinist. I am only reminding us what God commanded through Apostle Paul.

A Woman Cannot Lead in Prayers in the Church where there are Believing Men.

It is A Shameful thing for a woman to lead in Prayers in Worship.( 1 Tim 2:8; 1 Cor 14:34).

These are just a few examples of how men have twisted God's Law.

As for Christmas, Jesus Christ whom you are Celebrating his birth commanded all his followers to Observe the Lord's Supper every Sunday(Acts 20:7; Lk 22:19:

Luke 22:19: And He took bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to them, saying,"This is My body which is given for you; do this in remembrance of Me."

You choose to remember Christmas- (A day Jesus Christ was not born) but You disregard the Lord's Supper(A command of Jesus to All his followers through which He should be remembered).

It is a mystery that God did not reveal the day Jesus was born. Deut 29:29. The secret things(Like when Jesus was born) belong to the LORD our God, but those things which are revealed belong to us and to our children forever, that we may do all the words of this law.
Re: Is Celebrating Christmas Wrong ? by Sarang(f): 12:46pm On Dec 25, 2015
vooks:

Thank you for your unsolicited imagination

Lol...You will see it happen and you will wonder in wonderment..

Maka na oga eme..
Cos it must happen.
Re: Is Celebrating Christmas Wrong ? by malvisguy212: 12:47pm On Dec 25, 2015
flamingREED:

SHALT

THOU

FOLLOW
This law are not made for christians, we are only to learn from the old testament law, in Jeremiah God gave us a NEW covenant and urged us to follow it.

Paul say it plainly in 1 Cor. 8 he say an idol is NOTHING as long as you are not offended when you eat meat sacrifice to idol.we christians celebrate Christmas entirely different, the way God want us to live our life.
Re: Is Celebrating Christmas Wrong ? by vooks: 12:47pm On Dec 25, 2015
Sarang:

You actually know what he does?
Are you his brother?
Just wondering..

Or just guesses.. undecided
You are playing his broda by answering his questions grin
Re: Is Celebrating Christmas Wrong ? by Sarang(f): 12:49pm On Dec 25, 2015
vooks:

Lol..
Wetin man go do.
O ka ana anwa nu. smiley
Re: Is Celebrating Christmas Wrong ? by Gkemz: 12:50pm On Dec 25, 2015
Christmas is a remarkable day to celebrate the birth of Christ. Jesus mayn't be born the exact day but we all accepted to celebrate. Afterall we all attend church on Sunday which certainly was not the sabbath day but christ died and resurrected on sunday. and by his death, he purchased the salvation for mankind and redeemed man from the slavery of sin
Re: Is Celebrating Christmas Wrong ? by vooks: 12:51pm On Dec 25, 2015
[size=1pt]
Skills10:
There you go. we are at it again.

The truth is most people are teaching for doctrine the commandment of men.

I will put Christmas into the same category of What God says versus what Men teach.

A. Steps Of Salvation

1. Hear the word(Rom 10: 17) 2. Believe(Mark 16:15) 3. Repent of your sins.(Acts 2:44) 4. Confess Jesus as the Son Of God(Rom 10:9-10). 5 Water Baptism(Acts 2:38, Acts 22:16; I pet 3:21).

I will dwell on Baptism. Baptism saves you.(1 Pet 3:21.) You cannot be Born Again BEFORE Water Baptism.(Your So called Men Of God do not teach this)

Most Denominations today dont dwell on Water Baptism as a step towards being Born Again.

People rather twist God's Command and give a wrong information on How Men are being Saved.

Men say if you want to be born again: say after me. Lord Jesus, I know im a sinner. etc. Then they tell you to Join a bible believing Church.

Water Baptism Saves you. John 3:3; 1 Pet 3:21

You dont Join any Church. God adds you to the Church.

The Church is important in God's Plan Of Salvation.(Heb 12:23)

It is Only the faithful Ones in the Church that will be saved in the end.

B. Women Pastors/ Women Leading Prayers In Churches:

A Pastor according to the Scripture is Only reserved for Men. 1 Tim 3:1-7

A WOMAN CANNOT BE CALLED A PASTOR.

The Bible uses the word Pastor, Overseer, Bishop and Elder interchangeably in the New testament.(Based on the work) A Position Only meant for Men. He must be a Husband of One wife and not a Wife of One Husband.

I am not a Male Chauvinist. I am only reminding us what God commanded through Apostle Paul.

A Woman Cannot Lead in Prayers in the Church where there are Believing Men.

It is A Shameful thing for a woman to lead in Prayers in Worship.( 1 Tim 2:8; 1 Cor 14:34).

These are just a few examples of how men have twisted God's Law.

As for Christmas, Jesus Christ whom you are Celebrating his birth commanded all his followers to Observe the Lord's Supper every Sunday(Acts 20:7; Lk 22:19:

Luke 22:19: And He took bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to them, saying,"This is My body which is given for you; do this in remembrance of Me."

You choose to remember Christmas- (A day Jesus Christ was not born) but You disregard the Lord's Supper(A command of Jesus to All his followers through which He should be remembered).

It is a mystery that God did not reveal the day Jesus was born. Deut 29:29. The secret things(Like when Jesus was born) belong to the LORD our God, but those things which are revealed belong to us and to our children forever, that we may do all the words of this law.

[/size]
We commemorate his death without knowing he date or day of his death. This means we need not know his date of birth to celebrate it

Romans 14:5-6 (NKJV)
5 One person esteems one day above another; another esteems every day alike. Let each be fully convinced in his own mind. 6 He who observes the day, observes it to the Lord; and he who does not observe the day, to the Lord he does not observe it. He who eats, eats to the Lord, for he gives God thanks; and he who does not eat, to the Lord he does not eat, and gives God thanks.
Re: Is Celebrating Christmas Wrong ? by Nobody: 12:52pm On Dec 25, 2015
vooks:

Lol... sorry, I missed your reply
The point I'm trying to make is this: we shouldn't pre-occupy ourselves with unnecessary pagan-rooted doctrines at the expense of more important Christ-oriented ones.
Jesus was not unlettered and for me to be like him (because I am a Christian, ie. Christlike), I need to go to school while I still do the work he asked me to do.
Re: Is Celebrating Christmas Wrong ? by vooks: 12:52pm On Dec 25, 2015
Sarang:

Lol..
Wetin man go do.
O ka ana anwa nu. smiley
Slither back from wherever you came from
Re: Is Celebrating Christmas Wrong ? by Sarang(f): 12:53pm On Dec 25, 2015
vooks:

Slither back from wherever you came from

Abi..you get bad mouth lol
But thats okay. smiley
Re: Is Celebrating Christmas Wrong ? by vooks: 12:56pm On Dec 25, 2015
Sarang:

Abi..you get bad mouth lol
But thats okay. smiley
Why are you weeping harder than the bereaved?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

What Does The Bible Say About Tattoos / Body Piercings? / Liberian Pastor Polishes His Wife's Nails (Photos) / Similarities Between Christianity And African Religion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.