Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,639 members, 7,823,815 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 03:52 PM

Is Celebrating Christmas Wrong ? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Celebrating Christmas Wrong ? (26549 Views)

How Come Atheists Are Celebrating Christmas? / Stop Celebrating Christmas, Its Idolatrous – Pastor Kumuyi Warns / Stop Celebrating Christmas It Is Idolatry - Kumuyi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Celebrating Christmas Wrong ? by dolphinheart(m): 4:14pm On Dec 19, 2015
Image123:

Brother, you're virtually crying more than the bereaved. One man celebrates Jesus everyday, another picks a day/season to celebrate Him. Let them be. The issue is not why Christ died or what He called us to/for.

Celebrate jesus or celebrate jesus birthday?
I'm not talking about celebration, I'm talking about celebration using a pagan induced observance that has no correlation with the word of God.

You left my points alone to reply me on celebration.

There is no crying here, just laying out my points and views.
Re: Is Celebrating Christmas Wrong ? by Image123(m): 6:23pm On Dec 19, 2015
dolphinheart:

Celebrate jesus or celebrate jesus birthday?
I'm not talking about celebration, I'm talking about celebration using a pagan induced observance that has no correlation with the word of God.

You left my points alone to reply me on celebration.

There is no crying here, just laying out my points and views.

So how old is Jesus that they are celebrating His birthday? How many sing the Happy birthday song or make birthday cake for Him? Forget the semantics brother, no need weeping more than the 'bereaved'.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Celebrating Christmas Wrong ? by dolphinheart(m): 8:38pm On Dec 19, 2015
Image123:

So how old is Jesus that they are celebrating His birthday? How many sing the Happy birthday song or make birthday cake for Him? Forget the semantics brother, no need weeping more than the 'bereaved'.

Maybe I'm wrong, but what do they do on Dec 25th? of was that not the day they said jesus was born?

That fewer and fewer people are singing happy birthday song for jesus shows two things
1. Pagans are Taking their celebration back
2. People are realizing the truth that they have been fed lies about Dec 25th.

And you are right, no need to weep more than the bereaved
Re: Is Celebrating Christmas Wrong ? by Charlesdock(m): 9:19pm On Dec 19, 2015
malvisguy212:
should a christian chose a day to celebrate the soul winning, because it not in the bible and Jesus did command us to do it , will you call it sin ? Have you not read in colossian 3:17 which say:

"And whatever you do,whether in WORD
OR DEED, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, GIVING THANKS TO GOD the Father through him."

You praise God in your tribal language, you celebrate His holy name, is it a sin ?
How much freedom a christian have outside the bible ?
1. Since it not recorded in d bible then you don't need it. Does soul winning has holiday? I don't know. 2. Your verse doesn't correspond to the post. Jesus wasn't born the 25th of December or even in december because what shepherd will be in the snow! That shows it summer, it probably one Roman pagan worship converted to replicate a christian festival. The bible never recorded the disciples celebrate one festival. Now if we were to celebrate christ's birthday it should be everyday because of what he did not some special day.
Re: Is Celebrating Christmas Wrong ? by malvisguy212: 9:48pm On Dec 19, 2015
Charlesdock:
1. Since it not recorded in d bible then you don't need it. Does soul winning has holiday? I don't know. 2. Your verse doesn't correspond to the post. Jesus wasn't born the 25th of December or even in december because what shepherd will be in the snow! That shows it summer, it probably one Roman pagan worship converted to replicate a christian festival. The bible never recorded the disciples celebrate one festival. Now if we were to celebrate christ's birthday it should be everyday because of what he did not some special day.
read the op . Peace
Re: Is Celebrating Christmas Wrong ? by malvisguy212: 9:46am On Dec 20, 2015
malvisguy212:
Cc lalasticlala OAM4J
Re: Is Celebrating Christmas Wrong ? by pamcode(m): 11:51am On Dec 21, 2015
Charlesdock:
What makes you people think the weather condition of that time would be the same as now besides this event took place in the region now called middle east. Does it even snow there?

Again dont eskimos come out during the snowstorm all they need to do is to get heavy closer.

Besides when doing something what matters is your heart and purpose for celebrating. If after looking at the love and joy, happiness, devotion that happens during christmas you still find something wrong about it na you sabi
Re: Is Celebrating Christmas Wrong ? by vooks: 12:17pm On Dec 21, 2015
CAPTIVATOR:
@ falopey

Show me how roman 14:5,6 support christmas ?

The DAYS are Jewish celebrations commanded by God ? A simple yes or no is required
Nonsense
Do you keep Passover, Weeks and all the rest because they are 'commanded by God'?
The point of that verse is esteeming a day to the Lord is as good as esteeming none. The Christian who observes Christmas is no better than one who doesn't. This is regardless of the origins of the day.

For your information, the concept of synagogues was developed during captivity so it is entirely pagan. This was borrowed by Christians in establishing church structures. Do we lose sleep over trivialities such as origin or do we not focus on the purpose/intent?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Celebrating Christmas Wrong ? by vooks: 12:20pm On Dec 21, 2015
dolphinheart:

Maybe I'm wrong, but what do they do on Dec 25th? of was that not the day they said jesus was born?

That fewer and fewer people are singing happy birthday song for jesus shows two things
1. Pagans are Taking their celebration back
2. People are realizing the truth that they have been fed lies about Dec 25th.

And you are right, no need to weep more than the bereaved

The date of birth of Jesus is a very MINOR point of Christmas, Christians celebrate INCARNATION; God/Word becoming flesh.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Celebrating Christmas Wrong ? by dolphinheart(m): 10:21pm On Dec 21, 2015
vooks:

The date of birth of Jesus is a very MINOR point of Christmas, Christians celebrate INCARNATION; God/Word becoming flesh.

Nice adjustment from the reasons giving by those who founded christmass. Never knew it has changed from the commemoration of jesus birth to celebrating "incarnation".
So what date did you now choose for this incarnation.
Re: Is Celebrating Christmas Wrong ? by vooks: 4:17am On Dec 22, 2015
dolphinheart:

Nice adjustment from the reasons giving by those who founded christmass. Never knew it has changed from the commemoration of jesus birth to celebrating "incarnation".

As usual, you dwell on trivialities and ignore the Word made Flesh. Do look for me when your eyes are enlightened enough to worship Jesus Christ

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Celebrating Christmas Wrong ? by dolphinheart(m): 12:03pm On Dec 22, 2015
vooks:

As usual, you dwell on trivialities and ignore the Word made Flesh. Do look for me when your eyes are enlightened enough to worship Jesus Christ

The topic is on the "trivialities" and not on "word made flesh" .

I do not need to look for you, my eyes re enlightened enough to worship the only true God, the father, who commanded and made the word flesh!
Re: Is Celebrating Christmas Wrong ? by vooks: 12:44pm On Dec 22, 2015
dolphinheart:

The topic is on the "trivialities" and not on "word made flesh" .

I do not need to look for you, my eyes re enlightened enough to worship the only true God, the father, who commanded and made the word flesh!
No, the subject is celebrating INCARNATION you Arian heretic
Re: Is Celebrating Christmas Wrong ? by CAPTIVATOR: 3:05pm On Dec 22, 2015
vooks:

Do you keep Passover, Weeks and all the rest because they are 'commanded by God'?
The point of that verse is esteeming a day to the Lord is as good as esteeming none. The Christian who observes Christmas is no better than one who doesn't. This is regardless of the origins of the day.

Christmas is commanded by MEN ,but d jewish festivals are commanded by God ;I dont do jewish passover because
" The passover : no foreigner may eat of it " - Exo 12:43

------

"you are scruplously observing days and months and SEASONS and years, I fear for you ,that somehow I have wasted my efforts on you" Gal 4:10,11

For your information,the concept of synagogues was developed during captivity so it is entirely pagan.This was borrowed by Christians in establishing church structures.Do we lose sleep over trivialities such as origin or do we not focus on the purpose/intent?

Is there anything wrong with building a place to worship God ? 2Chronicles 6:8 .
Re: Is Celebrating Christmas Wrong ? by CAPTIVATOR: 3:07pm On Dec 22, 2015
vooks:

WHO gave the command to celebrate that ? God Or MAN .
Re: Is Celebrating Christmas Wrong ? by CAPTIVATOR: 3:11pm On Dec 22, 2015
dolphinheart:

grin
Re: Is Celebrating Christmas Wrong ? by vooks: 3:20pm On Dec 22, 2015
CAPTIVATOR:

WHO gave the command to celebrate that ? God Or MAN .
Man is FREE to celebrate just as you are free to log in here and log off. cheesy cheesy

Listen to Holy Spirit
Romans 14:5-6 (ESV)
5 One person esteems one day as better than another, while another esteems all days alike. Each one should be fully convinced in his own mind. 6 The one who observes the day, observes it in honor of the Lord. The one who eats, eats in honor of the Lord, since he gives thanks to God, while the one who abstains, abstains in honor of the Lord and gives thanks to God.

Can you imagine God telling you that you should be 'fully convinced in your own mind' on whether to sodomlze your 18 month old or not

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Celebrating Christmas Wrong ? by vooks: 3:28pm On Dec 22, 2015
CAPTIVATOR:

Christmas is commanded by MEN ,but d jewish festivals are commanded by God ;I dont do jewish passover because
" The passover : no foreigner may eat of it " - Exo 12:43
M0ron, what stops you from proselyting so you may eat of Passover and celebrate 'd Jewish festivals commanded by God'?
------

"you are scruplously observing days and months and SEASONS and years, I fear for you ,that somehow I have wasted my efforts on you" Gal 4:10,11
The Gentiles thought to return to Torah to earn righteousness just as the Circumcision DEMANDED Gentiles circumcise upon conversion. Is there anybody doing that?

Galatians 5:2-6 (ESV)
2 Look: I, Paul, say to you that if you accept circumcision, Christ will be of no advantage to you. 3 I testify again to every man who accepts circumcision that he is obligated to keep the whole law. 4 You are severed from Christ, you who would be justified by the law; you have fallen away from grace. 5 For through the Spirit, by faith, we ourselves eagerly wait for the hope of righteousness. 6 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision counts for anything, but only faith working through love.

Is there anything wrong with building a place to worship God ? 2Chronicles 6:8 .
Idiot,where were synagogues before captivity?

1 Like

Re: Is Celebrating Christmas Wrong ? by Freksy(m): 3:32pm On Dec 22, 2015
falopey:

Brother, let us stop being hypocritical here. The bible has made it clear in Rm 14:5-6 when new christian converts among the jews and the gentiles were arguing on what celebration to observe and what not to observe. Some converts that were of jewish origin were still attached to some jewish celebrations like the feast of unleaven bread and so on while those of greek origin or gentiles did not know anything about such celebrations.

Some thought they should not celebrate while some thought maybe they should celebrate something else. The jewish christians among them still held fast to sabath while some of the gentile christians never even practised sabath before because they were not of jewish tradition or origin. They were idolaters before their conversion.

the argumentbof whether to observe some celebrations or discard some celebrations ensued between them. That why paul told them that whether the scripture say you should observe some days or notis not the question.

Hence the Romans 14:5-6
One man regards one day above
another, another regards every day
alike. LET EACH MAN BE FULLY CONVINCED IN HIS OWN MIND . HE WHO OBSERVES THE DAY OBSERVES IT FOR THE LORD , and he who eats, does so for the Lord, FOR HE GIVES THANKS TO GOD ; and he who eats not, for the Lord he does not eat, and GIVES THANKS TO GOD .

Observance of Sabbath day had been a requirement form the Jews - was God's commanded. The law that established such observance(s) fulfilled in Christ, thus ended with his death and subsequent resurrection. Many strong adherents found it difficult to let it go then.
QUESTION: Had Christmas ever been celebrated by God's worshipers in the past? NO! Your reference to Sabbath observance is therefore very unrelated.

A lot of things we do are not ordered by the bible, but we alow the holy spirit to guide us to know if we are committing sin doing it or not. For example: we build places of whorship today when Jesus did not even build one or order his deciples to do the same. christians in those days were found of whorshipping in brethren house.

They had buildings in which they worshiped God. Have you not heard that Jesus preached in the temple? He even described it as "the house of my father'. See John 2:16 or Luke 2:49

We celebrate naming ceremony today. we eat and merry with neighbours and loved ones. does the bible order that kind of celebration? None of the biblical christians did the same.

That we and those around us are pleased is not what makes the things we celebrate right. Someone unseen and greater than us must be pleased too.

Celebrating this anniversary and that anniversary in the church. where do christian celebrate whatever anniversary in the bible? And to you all these are not sins. But celebrating the birth of Jesus.

Everybody celebrate the transition unto glory of their aged. please give me an example of a place where funneral ceremony is celebrated in the bible. and to you its worth it. except celebrating the birth of the lord.

You are wrong! I know of many Christians who do not celebrate during funeral. Some things associated with many funerals are also pagans. That these are now embraced doesn't change God's standards regarding funeral.

Jesus told the desciples that the holy spirit would teach them in many things. in that case Jesus directly or indirectly admit to them that he could not teach them everything they had to know until he would be received into heaven.

Jesus lived for more than 30years on earth. He knew about the custom of celebrating ones day of birth by pagans prior to and of his time on earth, but never did his or attended any. According to you, through the holy spirit he has now told his follower to do it for him. Hmmm, sermon!

While we should be giving God thanks everyday, in churches today, we dedicate a special sunday as thanks giving sunday. please where was that practiced in the bible? But we know what is right and that is unto the glory of god and we do it. but to appreciate the birth of Jesus christ by celebrating it is a sin to you because bible does not say so.

Again, that you or the masses practice that doesn't make it right, if it is wrong! Note that not all Christians worship God the way you do.

we go to church on sunday. Where is that written in the bible. even that same Romans 14:5-6 has settle the issue of Sabbath worship.

Why do you celebrate new year celebration? is it because the bible tells you to do it or any of the apostles celebrated it?

I can go on and on but I will leave the rest to you to think on so many things you do that bible does not order to do. And that are not sins anyway.

No, it's because the masses are doing it, therefore, it is correct, whether God likes it or not.

I worship/thank God everyday and every day is special. Sunday is not better a day than other days to thank/worship God.

Better 'Make sure of all things;...' 1thess 5:21 than follow the masses and miss the way.

You make it appear God accepts everything that is done in his name and places of worship. He has principles and standards with which our worship/activities must comply. He has not changed, so check seriously what you do in his name.
Re: Is Celebrating Christmas Wrong ? by CAPTIVATOR: 3:47pm On Dec 22, 2015
vooks:

Man is FREE to celebrate just as you are free to log in here and log off. cheesy cheesy

Listen to Holy Spirit
5 One person esteems one day as better than another, while another esteems all days alike. Each one should be fully convinced in his own mind. 6 The one who observes the day, observes it in honor of the Lord. The one who eats, eats in honor of the Lord, since he gives thanks to God, while the one who abstains, abstains in honor of the Lord and gives thanks to God.

Can you imagine God telling you that you should be 'fully convinced in your own mind' on whether to sodomlze your 18 month old or not

" fully convinced in your own mind" regarding a day commanded by Jehovah God himself !!! Col 2:16 proves the day here is a reference to sabath

Unlike your pagan festival used as a period of greedy commercial activities which was commanded by Men . Dont worry , u will be dining with the sun god on Dec 25
Re: Is Celebrating Christmas Wrong ? by CAPTIVATOR: 3:56pm On Dec 22, 2015
vooks:

what stops you from proselyting so you may eat of Passover and celebrate 'd Jewish festivals commanded by God'?

Man, " Christ OUR PASSOVER has been sacrificed" 1 cor 5:7 cheesy

The Gentiles thought to return to Torah to earn righteousness just as the Circumcision DEMANDED Gentiles circumcise upon conversion.
[b]Galatians 5:2-6 (ESV)
2 Look: I, Paul, say to you that if you accept circumcision, Christ will be of no advantage to you. 3 I testify again to every man who accepts circumcision that he is obligated to keep the whole law. 4 You are severed from Christ, you who would be justified by the law; you have fallen away from grace. 5 For through the Spirit, by faith, we ourselves eagerly wait for the hope of righteousness. 6 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision counts for anything, but only faith working

Idiot,where were synagogues before captivity?

Not needed,since there is a temple
Re: Is Celebrating Christmas Wrong ? by vooks: 3:57pm On Dec 22, 2015
Freksy:

That we and those around us are pleased is not what makes the things we celebrate right. Someone unseen and greater than us must be pleased too.
God is INDIFFERENT to days sir,

You are wrong! I know of many Christians who do not celebrate during funeral. Some things associated with many funerals are also pagans. That these are now embraced doesn't change God's standards regarding funeral.

Jesus lived for more than 30years on earth. He knew about the custom of celebrating ones day of birth by pagans prior to and of his time on earth, but never did his or attended any. According to you, through the holy spirit he has now told his follower to do it for him. Hmmm, sermon!
And neither did he attend any funeral. So do you attend funerals? cheesy cheesy
See how fickle arguments from silence are?
And I see a straw man here. You hallucinate that those celebrating were commanded to do so. If God is indifferent to celebration Nd days,man may rightfully choose to celebrate/esteem some or not to

Again, that you or the masses practice that doesn't make it right, if it is wrong! Note that not all Christians worship God the way you do.
True, might/masses don't make no right, but you'd need to prove it is wrong. And more importantly, minority are not necessarily right as well! LGBT are quite few, under 1% of the US population for instance. So once again it is not in numbers but in scriptures. What scriptures doth Christmas violate?

No, it's because the masses are doing it, therefore, it is correct, whether God likes it or not. Many worship/thank God everyday and every day is special.
Demonstrate how Christmas is anti-Christian

Better 'Make sure of all things;...' 1thess 5:21 than follow the masses and miss the way.

You make it appear God accepts everything that is done in his name and places of worship. [b]He has principles and standards with which our worship/activities must comply. [/b]He has not changed, so check seriously what you do in his name.

And your job is to demonstrate which these principles are and how they are violated by Christmas.
Re: Is Celebrating Christmas Wrong ? by vooks: 4:00pm On Dec 22, 2015
CAPTIVATOR:

Man, " Christ OUR PASSOVER has been sacrificed" 1 cor 5:7 cheesy

Off topic

Not needed,since there is a Temple
So,
Why did Paul Holy Spirit leave it to the Romans to decide on whether to esteem some days or not?

The reason is simple; days are trivial matters but Watchtower would have you imagine that keeping Christmas earns your next four generations wrath of YHWH
Re: Is Celebrating Christmas Wrong ? by vooks: 4:02pm On Dec 22, 2015
CAPTIVATOR:

" fully convinced in your own mind" regarding a day commanded by Jehovah God himself !!! Col 2:16 proves the day here is a reference to sabath

Unlike your pagan festival used as a period of greedy commercial activities which was commanded by Men . Dont worry , u will be dining with the sun god on Dec 25

You are really a m0ron.
Look at this oxymoron.
God commanded something discretional cheesy cheesy
Since when do you need to be personally convinced about marrying your own mother?

The fact that many worship the gods of their own bellies around Christmas does not subtract the fact that there are those who observe it IN HONOR OF THE LORD. Likewise, some attend Kingdom Halls because they are terrified of being shunned by families or struck dead by Jehovah for skipping. Yet in all this, there are genuine (but deluded) worshippers wink
Re: Is Celebrating Christmas Wrong ? by CAPTIVATOR: 4:10pm On Dec 22, 2015
vooks:

So,
Why did Paul Holy Spirit leave it to the Romans to decide on whether to esteem some days or not?

The reason is simple; days are trivial matters but Watchtower would have you imagine that keeping Christmas earns your next four generations wrath of YHWH

Keep observing pagan days , someone like you will still use romans 14:5,6 to support Eid-el-fitri festival of the muslims , aftrall each one should be fully convinced in his own mind .... Whereas neither paul nor the roman congregation KNEW anything called christmas .

Just continue , no wonder this fits many perfectly .

" you are scruplously OBSERVING DAYS and months and SEASONS nd years , I fear for you , that somhow I have wasted my efforts on you" Gal 4:10:11

Dining with the sun god on Dec . 25 , when the scripture itself warns against mixing with pagans ( 2 corinthians 6:17 )
Re: Is Celebrating Christmas Wrong ? by CAPTIVATOR: 4:13pm On Dec 22, 2015
vooks:

You are really a m0ron.

Ur speech above show me the type of person you are ; by their fruits you shall know them ... smiles
Re: Is Celebrating Christmas Wrong ? by vooks: 4:20pm On Dec 22, 2015
CAPTIVATOR:

Keep observing pagan days , someone like you will still use romans 14:5,6 to support Eid-el-fitri festival of the muslims , aftrall each one should be fully convinced in his own mind ....
You are a bloody idiot. Eid is specifically kept by Muslims. On this day, I don't get to go to work, instead I have fellowship in my house. Am I still 'supporting Eid'?

Whereas neither paul nor the roman congregation KNEW anything called christmas .
Neither did they know anything like school prayer days grin grin

Christmas is observed in honor of my Lord and my God who became Flesh just for me. It celebrates INCARNATION.

Just continue , no wonder this fits many perfectly .

" you are scruplously OBSERVING DAYS and months and SEASONS nd years nd years, I fear for you , that somhow I have wasted my efforts on you" Gal 4:10:11
Need I quote Romans 14:5-6 again?
God is INDIFFERENT to day(s) observed in His honor. So don't impose them on men nor look down on those who don't honor them. Thus saith Holy Spirit

Dining with the sun god on Dec . 25 , when the scripture itself warns against mixing with pagans ( 2 corinthians 6:17 )
If Jesus Christ the Son of the living God is 'sun god' am guilty as accused.

If pagans in ignorance celebrate INCARNATION, that's their cup of tea. As for me and my house, we will rejoice in the Lord over love and Gift to mankind

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Celebrating Christmas Wrong ? by vooks: 4:21pm On Dec 22, 2015
CAPTIVATOR:

Ur speech above show me the type of person you are ; by their fruits you shall know them ... smiles
Foolish Galatians who has bewitched you...
Re: Is Celebrating Christmas Wrong ? by dolphinheart(m): 7:25pm On Dec 22, 2015
vooks:

Bro, the thread is about Christmas celebration. Last time I checked, christmas is about the birthday celebration of jesus Christ.

Cus you have a new definition of Christmas does not change the reason such celebration was established. In fact, it shows that there was something wrong with the celebration as done by people for a while, hence the need by people like you to re-analyse, redefine, re-explain and readjust the fundamentals behind the celebration. But after all these is done, it still does not make right a pagan celebration.!
Re: Is Celebrating Christmas Wrong ? by vooks: 8:26pm On Dec 22, 2015
dolphinheart:

Bro, the thread is about Christmas celebration. Last time I checked, christmas is about the birthday celebration of jesus Christ.

Cus you have a new definition of Christmas does not change the reason such celebration was established. In fact, it shows that there was something wrong with the celebration as done by people for a while, hence the need by people like you to re-analyse, redefine, re-explain and readjust the fundamentals behind the celebration. But after all these is done, it still does not make right a pagan celebration.!

WHY celebrate the birth of Christ?
Has your feeble mind wondered why?

The answer is INCARNATION.
That's why Angels were COMMANDED to worship him at His birth as per Hebrews 1.
That's why John did somersault before he was even born at the mere fact of being near my Lord and My God

Don't thank me for educating you, my reward is in heaven for exorcising/fumigating ignorance and naivety

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Celebrating Christmas Wrong ? by malvisguy212: 9:20pm On Dec 22, 2015
CAPTIVATOR:

do you really think this sun gods exist ? Or is just a god of the gap ? People even went to the limit in saying the week days are names after pagan gods. I don't believe in All this gods, for you to admits that December 25 is for the sun god, you are saying this gods are real.

This is what Paul is saying in 1 Cor. 8:1-13). If one has “knowledge,” i.e., that an idol is “NOTHING,” and his conscience is not offended, he may eat of that meat. It is not contaminated merely by its former association.

2 Likes

Re: Is Celebrating Christmas Wrong ? by malvisguy212: 9:42pm On Dec 22, 2015
vooks:

WHY celebrate the birth of Christ?
Has your feeble mind wondered why?

The answer is INCARNATION.
That's why Angels were COMMANDED to worship him at His birth as per Hebrews 1.
That's why John did somersault before he was even born at the mere fact of being near my Lord and My God

Don't thank me for educating you, my reward is in heaven for exorcising/fumigating ignorance and naivety
don't mind them bro, if the heavenly host should rejoice in the birth of Jesus, how much more we ? Is it wrong to say thank you God for sending your son to die for us ? Will you wait until God told you to make merry and celebrate the Goodness of God ? Read the bible. Very well, the isrealite, David , solomon and soo many mighty men celebrate God goodness PERSONALLY.

2 Chronicles 7:10
And on the three and twentieth day of
the seventh month he sent the people
away into their tents, GLAD AND MERRY IN THE HEART FOR THE GOODNESS THAT LORD HAD SHEWED unto David, and to
Solomon, and to Israel his people.

Is it a sin for David and his household to make merry and rejoice for what God has done ? Is this not what Christmas is ALL ABOUT ?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Similarities Between Christianity And African Religion / Nigeria Is The 9th Most Religious Country In The World / This Is Why A Church Usher Must Stop Stealing From Offering Box.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.