Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,221 members, 7,815,270 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:59 AM

I Want To Go Into Keke Napep Business, Please I Need Some Guidelines - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Want To Go Into Keke Napep Business, Please I Need Some Guidelines (116443 Views)

Thread For Those Into Keke Hire Purchase Business (hirers And Owners) / How Do I Start A Keke Napep Business In Lagos. / Brief Info On Keke Napep Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Go Into Keke Napep Business, Please I Need Some Guidelines by alakara(m): 9:04pm On Dec 18, 2015
generaljosh1:

Hw much can this cost per piece to Nigeria
what is the name of this one called and how much
Re: I Want To Go Into Keke Napep Business, Please I Need Some Guidelines by millionboi(m): 10:30pm On Dec 18, 2015
Nemesis99:
I have friends in the force and they helped with that
ya i taut of dat.
Re: I Want To Go Into Keke Napep Business, Please I Need Some Guidelines by generaljosh1(m): 7:35pm On Dec 19, 2015
alakara:

what is the name of this one called and how much
I dnt knw d name
Re: I Want To Go Into Keke Napep Business, Please I Need Some Guidelines by generaljosh1(m): 7:39pm On Dec 19, 2015
Ymodulus:

Wow bro if you have this please don't collect standard price o. I am even interested in buying this from you. Do you have up to 5 pieces?
I cant say how much this cost. Its rare to see this. However i can ask my mechanic friend. will save picture and call him tonight
I dnt have it
Re: I Want To Go Into Keke Napep Business, Please I Need Some Guidelines by damurphy: 4:46pm On Dec 20, 2015
odiereke:
It's good business, u can send your email address so that I can forward you a good Agreement Template you can reach with anyone you want to give it to.
I'm interested please send me the template my email is perock24@gmail.com. thanks

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Go Into Keke Napep Business, Please I Need Some Guidelines by olujaidi: 5:26pm On Dec 20, 2015
Ymodulus:

Thanks sis.
Nooo. yu just need to know the category og people who can drive succesfully without complaints.

There are ways to recruit drivers. It worked for me. And u enjoyed it. What if i tell you till today by ex - drivers still go on errand for me without pay?

Please shed more light on how you do this
Re: I Want To Go Into Keke Napep Business, Please I Need Some Guidelines by Atk1nson(m): 7:05pm On Dec 20, 2015
@ Ymodulus pls send me your number, I'lld like to have a chat with you, rakintade@gmail.com.com
Re: I Want To Go Into Keke Napep Business, Please I Need Some Guidelines by Ikegift4real(m): 11:30pm On Dec 20, 2015
Ymodulus:
This business is an interesting one I must confess. However to go into it there are 3 principles which must be settled.

1. Location
2. Method of Remmitance
3. New or second Hand Keke

1. New or second Hand Keke. Which is best ?
I will advice you that if you want to go into the keke Napep business please get second Hand Keke Napeps not New one. Believe me it's best to buy something new good. But getting a good second Hand Keke Napeps is around 110 - 140k and the person will pay you double.

In Lagos you can easily make your money in 2 months 1week ( exact time frame my friend used to get hers back ).

There are good keke Napeps second hands.
Once more go for good second hand and not new ones. Many may decieve you that new are best, yes they are good am not disputing this. But me and you need sharp good fast money then second hand is the way.

2. Method of Remittance
The period of complete returns on a keke depends on two things :
1. the status of the Keke at time of purchase ( I.e New or second hand )
2. Does your driver work on Saturdays and Sundays ? ( Some people set any return from those days mostly Sunday as maintenance money. Some don't )
3. Agreed fee of return by driver.

There are generally two ways of paying a keke Driver.
1. Hire purchase
2. Daily Balance

I believe the two need no explanation just little extra tips.
I will never advice you to give your keke napep based on returns of Daily Balance. It's a No no. So help you whatever you believe in.

In transportation business drivers can be A pain in the house, don't even trust your brother and Lagos for that reason my brother you have to be wary.
Hire purchase is the best. In the North , Higher Purchase is what is mostly done and in the South East mostly daily Balance.

Daily return vary according to
1. Your state or Location
2. Status of Keke Napepe ( new or old )

In Niger , Katsina for example daily returns are N2000 and N3000 respectively for a new keke napep. And for second hand it is based on negotiation. But in Niger it is roughly N1500-1700/1800.

Note all the price can be subject to negotiation. However am giving you standard normal price.

In Lagos it is N4000 - N4500 ( for those plying Computer Village route ).
Note don't let anyone decieve you for the poster know what he his saying.

Now on the amount to return. There are two ways of paying back Hire Purchase.

1. Negotiated ( you and driver agrees that you bought keke marwa for say N400 and he will pay N700 )
2. Standard ( pay x2 the price. Takes place mostly in North and for second hand marwa ).

Note: payment on hire purchase is all based on negotiations.

3. Brand of Keke Napep to Buy
I can only speak for Kaduna, Kano, Kastina and Niger. TVS keke Napep is the best type, the parts are readily available and cheap. Also cost efficient.

4. Import a New Keke or Buy Here in Nigeria

If you have the know how to import, I will advice you import keke Napeps. Keke napeps are produced in India. But you can get from china wholesalers wholesalers.

Keke Napeps spare parts are produced by Chinese and are more cheaper. Most importers import the spare part from china. In fact All keke spare parts are Chinese, Chinese sell the clone cheap better than India.

22Keke Napep will make 1 20ft Container. It cost approximately 98k to bring in on the average per one ( tax and government expenses + custom clearance + cost of getting form m and all).

Note: there are cheaper ways to bring in keke napep far way cheaper than what Nigerian wholesalers sell.

I can show you ways to bring in keke napeps at flat rate of 35k per piece. It's possible. Everything is legal.

The keke business is a sweet business if you know your way and I advice students to run this type of business.

Below is a second hand keke Napep I got some time back.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2856999_img20150914160740_jpegbe925ea15476351e01868bfe12064ff1

5. Cost of New Keke Napep

1. TVS ( N420,000 ) ** I imported this myself 11pcs but I got it way cheaper and sold back at N375k there around . if you know custom you know your way **
2. Michindra (435,000) as at Last Month November

Note! The above price is obtainable in Niger, Kaduna Kano wholesalers.

In Lagos, TVS is now 440K, Azubike Tricycles ( he sight dollar rate as reason for hike.)

5. Cost of Second Hand Keke Napep

You can get good grade 1 brand at N140,000 or N150,000.
But the general rate is N110-150,000 ( For good ones in good conditions ).

Thanks
Ymodulus

how do I import keke @38k . ikegift4real@gmail.com.
Re: I Want To Go Into Keke Napep Business, Please I Need Some Guidelines by Ymodulus: 4:31am On Dec 21, 2015
Ikegift4real:

how do I import keke @38k . ikegift4real@gmail.com.

I want to correct a statement that slot read out of context, I did correct previously but it seems many never read the correction.

When I said 38k flat fee. I mean cost of bringing it in in ( shipping and clearing and settling custom) . I never meant cust of a keke napep please.

I clarified this before.

I should use the term freight fee.
Re: I Want To Go Into Keke Napep Business, Please I Need Some Guidelines by Ikegift4real(m): 7:02am On Dec 21, 2015
Ymodulus:

I want to correct a statement that slot read out of context, I did correct previously but it seems many never read the correction.

When I said 38k flat fee. I mean cost of bringing it in in ( shipping and clearing and settling custom) . I never meant cust of a keke napep please.

I clarified this before.

I should use the term freight fee.
thanks for d clarity. I need to reach to u bro.
Re: I Want To Go Into Keke Napep Business, Please I Need Some Guidelines by mindtricks: 10:41am On Dec 21, 2015
andychukse:
You have to get someone trustworthy to start with, then write an agreement on terms, which both of you will sign.

He should present two sureties that are well respected.

The agreement should cover all terms and conditions:
- Who repairs the keke when it spoils?
- Do you get daily, weekly or monthly returns (I advised daily or weekly)
- How much is the returns?
- What happens when he defaults on returns.

Note: It is not easy, to get the best you have to stamp your authority and will be seen as ruthless.
Nice one. You sound more like you are already into the business. Are you?
Re: I Want To Go Into Keke Napep Business, Please I Need Some Guidelines by mindtricks: 10:27pm On Dec 21, 2015
musicwriter:

Don't try it!. Some years back I bought 2 Mitsubishi buses (onu azu) and gave them to drivers. The experience wasn't funny. It was so sad I don't even want to talk about it now.

You will never earn any money tangible from it. All you'll get is STORIES, STORIES, STORIES.

Once you give them that vehicle you have started a business for them, and all they'll want is buy their own. Your interest wouldn't be on their mind. Get ready for all sorts of stories everyday about why they can't deliver.

Lesson I learned from it is, don't buy it unless you are ready to drive it yourself.

I later sold the cars at give-away prices. Guess what?. The driver bought the cars using a front man!!!. I was shocked to learn that.

Last thing I heard of him was that he knocked someone down with a car and the person died. Thank God it was no longer my car!. God just saved me!.
wondering how much efforts you put in and strategies you tried using to counter and check their excesses. Or maybe wasn't it issue of overtrust?

1 Like

Re: I Want To Go Into Keke Napep Business, Please I Need Some Guidelines by musicwriter(m): 7:17am On Dec 22, 2015
mindtricks:

wondering how much efforts you put in and strategies you tried using to counter and check their excesses. Or maybe wasn't it issue of overtrust?
Re: I Want To Go Into Keke Napep Business, Please I Need Some Guidelines by musicwriter(m): 7:26am On Dec 22, 2015
mindtricks:

I even tried "hired purchase" on the second bus. The driver only delivered steadily for about 1 month. Then, he disappeared for another 1 or 2 months month. Next thing, we went looking for him at the address he gave but discovered Fashola (then Lagos governor) destroyed their house for some construction work. He claimed all the money he worked for the past months was gone with it. I collected the bus.

Again, it's not advised to buy, unless you'll drive it.
Re: I Want To Go Into Keke Napep Business, Please I Need Some Guidelines by odiereke(m): 5:02am On Dec 27, 2015
naira0:

talk2ii@yahoo.com
Sorry for d delay. just got your email address, will send it when d day breaks.
Re: I Want To Go Into Keke Napep Business, Please I Need Some Guidelines by Nobody: 7:42am On Dec 28, 2015
odiereke:
It's good business, u can send your email address so that I can forward you a good Agreement Template you can reach with anyone you want to give it to.
pls bro send the template to okokomeki1@gmail.com
Re: I Want To Go Into Keke Napep Business, Please I Need Some Guidelines by rukess: 5:46pm On Jan 03, 2016
How do I get the second hand keke in good working condition
Re: I Want To Go Into Keke Napep Business, Please I Need Some Guidelines by nurez305(m): 9:06pm On Jan 03, 2016
odiereke:
bro pls I need it....

Nurez4life@gmail.com

Thanks in advance
Re: I Want To Go Into Keke Napep Business, Please I Need Some Guidelines by vkon2(m): 11:54pm On Jan 03, 2016
odiereke:
pls I need a good agreement template......vkonresp59@gmail.com
Re: I Want To Go Into Keke Napep Business, Please I Need Some Guidelines by kyinusa: 12:29am On Jan 04, 2016
k.yinusa512@gmail.com
Re: I Want To Go Into Keke Napep Business, Please I Need Some Guidelines by kyinusa: 12:30am On Jan 04, 2016
odiereke:
Re: I Want To Go Into Keke Napep Business, Please I Need Some Guidelines by kyinusa: 12:33am On Jan 04, 2016
odiereke:

Pls send d template
k.yinusa512@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: I Want To Go Into Keke Napep Business, Please I Need Some Guidelines by Nobody: 8:29pm On Jan 04, 2016
Dornix:
I am a lawyer based in Benin City and I have done agreements for people in regards to this keke napep business.

First advice I must give you is that when thinking of starting this business, you have to give the rider on a balance and carry basis. This way the rider will be more careful because he will like to pay up the complete money in the agreement so that he now becomes the owner.

I have a client who started with just one keke napep but now he has 4 on balance and carry remitting money to him weekly.

He bought the first keke napep brand new at the rate of N350k then all the registration and paper work brought everything to a total of N450k. This also included the fee to register with a park/association in the area where the keke napep will be working.

Now the agreement I drafted stated that the rider will carry the keke napep on balance and carry to remit N12,000 every week. That is N2000 per day Monday to Saturday. The rider has Sunday to himself to make his own money.
The length of the agreement was put at 13month to be completed. This means at N48,000 a month for 13 months gives a total of N624,000 as total payment for the balance and carry deal.

Imagine you have two keke napep and put as balance and carry, that is N96,000 monthly on the side just doing nothing.

Also remember that the advantage of balance and carry agreement is that if the rider fails to deliver according to the agreement, you can have full possession of your keke napep regardless of how much has already been paid.

I can only assist those within my state to avoid complications but I hope this information helps solve some questions already asked.

Thank you.

Good.
Re: I Want To Go Into Keke Napep Business, Please I Need Some Guidelines by MacJC: 3:16pm On Jan 07, 2016
Dornix:
I am a lawyer based in Benin City and I have done agreements for people in regards to this keke napep business.

First advice I must give you is that when thinking of starting this business, you have to give the rider on a balance and carry basis. This way the rider will be more careful because he will like to pay up the complete money in the agreement so that he now becomes the owner.

I have a client who started with just one keke napep but now he has 4 on balance and carry remitting money to him weekly.

He bought the first keke napep brand new at the rate of N350k then all the registration and paper work brought everything to a total of N450k. This also included the fee to register with a park/association in the area where the keke napep will be working.

Now the agreement I drafted stated that the rider will carry the keke napep on balance and carry to remit N12,000 every week. That is N2000 per day Monday to Saturday. The rider has Sunday to himself to make his own money.
The length of the agreement was put at 13month to be completed. This means at N48,000 a month for 13 months gives a total of N624,000 as total payment for the balance and carry deal.

Imagine you have two keke napep and put as balance and carry, that is N96,000 monthly on the side just doing nothing.

Also remember that the advantage of balance and carry agreement is that if the rider fails to deliver according to the agreement, you can have full possession of your keke napep regardless of how much has already been paid.

I can only assist those within my state to avoid complications but I hope this information helps solve some questions already asked.

Thank you.

Pls, a point of correction. The 624k is not d actual/net income! It's the GROSS INCOME.
Remember, u invested 450k,and as a result, ur actual/net income is 624 less 450, which is 174k per annum or 13k per month {over a 13 month rate) as against the gross of 48k per Keke per month which u earlier quoted.
Pls let's lay d facts bare so that gullible/greedy investors don't get frustrated @ d end of the day.
Thanks

5 Likes

Re: I Want To Go Into Keke Napep Business, Please I Need Some Guidelines by 1wolex85: 3:35pm On Jan 07, 2016
MacJC:

Pls, a point of correction. The 624k is not d actual/net income! It's the GROSS INCOME.
Remember, u invested 450k,and as a result, ur actual/net income is 624 less 450, which is 174k per annum or 13k per month {over a 13 month rate) as against the gross of 48k per Keke per month which u earlier quoted.
Pls let's lay d facts bare so that gullible/greedy investors don't get frustrated @ d end of the day.
Thanks
I was just about to point that out.This is why ymodulus suggested the 2nd hand route, so you make your money quicker.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Go Into Keke Napep Business, Please I Need Some Guidelines by mumoftwo(f): 5:36pm On Jan 07, 2016
Thanks so much for all your contributions. I have really learnt a lot. I would give it a shot.
Re: I Want To Go Into Keke Napep Business, Please I Need Some Guidelines by ayobase(m): 7:12pm On Jan 07, 2016
Ymodulus:
This business is an interesting one I must confess. However to go into it there are 3 principles which must be settled.

1. Location
2. Method of Remmitance
3. New or second Hand Keke

1. New or second Hand Keke. Which is best ?
I will advice you that if you want to go into the keke Napep business please get second Hand Keke Napeps not New one. Believe me it's best to buy something new good. But getting a good second Hand Keke Napeps is around 110 - 140k and the person will pay you double.

In Lagos you can easily make your money in 2 months 1week ( exact time frame my friend used to get hers back ).

There are good keke Napeps second hands.
Once more go for good second hand and not new ones. Many may decieve you that new are best, yes they are good am not disputing this. But me and you need sharp good fast money then second hand is the way.

2. Method of Remittance
The period of complete returns on a keke depends on two things :
1. the status of the Keke at time of purchase ( I.e New or second hand )
2. Does your driver work on Saturdays and Sundays ? ( Some people set any return from those days mostly Sunday as maintenance money. Some don't )
3. Agreed fee of return by driver.

There are generally two ways of paying a keke Driver.
1. Hire purchase
2. Daily Balance

I believe the two need no explanation just little extra tips.
I will never advice you to give your keke napep based on returns of Daily Balance. It's a No no. So help you whatever you believe in.

In transportation business drivers can be A pain in the house, don't even trust your brother and Lagos for that reason my brother you have to be wary.
Hire purchase is the best. In the North , Higher Purchase is what is mostly done and in the South East mostly daily Balance.

Daily return vary according to
1. Your state or Location
2. Status of Keke Napepe ( new or old )

In Niger , Katsina for example daily returns are N2000 and N3000 respectively for a new keke napep. And for second hand it is based on negotiation. But in Niger it is roughly N1500-1700/1800.

Note all the price can be subject to negotiation. However am giving you standard normal price.

In Lagos it is N4000 - N4500 ( for those plying Computer Village route ).
Note don't let anyone decieve you for the poster know what he his saying.

Now on the amount to return. There are two ways of paying back Hire Purchase.

1. Negotiated ( you and driver agrees that you bought keke marwa for say N400 and he will pay N700 )
2. Standard ( pay x2 the price. Takes place mostly in North and for second hand marwa ).

Note: payment on hire purchase is all based on negotiations.

3. Brand of Keke Napep to Buy
I can only speak for Kaduna, Kano, Kastina and Niger. TVS keke Napep is the best type, the parts are readily available and cheap. Also cost efficient.

4. Import a New Keke or Buy Here in Nigeria

If you have the know how to import, I will advice you import keke Napeps. Keke napeps are produced in India. But you can get from china wholesalers wholesalers.

Keke Napeps spare parts are produced by Chinese and are more cheaper. Most importers import the spare part from china. In fact All keke spare parts are Chinese, Chinese sell the clone cheap better than India.

22Keke Napep will make 1 20ft Container. It cost approximately 98k to bring in on the average per one ( tax and government expenses + custom clearance + cost of getting form m and all).

Note: there are cheaper ways to bring in keke napep far way cheaper than what Nigerian wholesalers sell.

I can show you ways to bring in keke napeps at flat rate of 35k per piece. It's possible. Everything is legal.

The keke business is a sweet business if you know your way and I advice students to run this type of business.

Below is a second hand keke Napep I got some time back.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2856999_img20150914160740_jpegbe925ea15476351e01868bfe12064ff1

5. Cost of New Keke Napep

1. TVS ( N420,000 ) ** I imported this myself 11pcs but I got it way cheaper and sold back at N375k there around . if you know custom you know your way **
2. Michindra (435,000) as at Last Month November

Note! The above price is obtainable in Niger, Kaduna Kano wholesalers.

In Lagos, TVS is now 440K, Azubike Tricycles ( he sight dollar rate as reason for hike.)

5. Cost of Second Hand Keke Napep

You can get good grade 1 brand at N140,000 or N150,000.
But the general rate is N110-150,000 ( For good ones in good conditions ).

Thanks
Ymodulus

Someone wanna meet you for business.

Re: I Want To Go Into Keke Napep Business, Please I Need Some Guidelines by Donkaz(m): 10:20am On Jan 08, 2016
odiereke:
Re: I Want To Go Into Keke Napep Business, Please I Need Some Guidelines by oieda: 10:12am On Jan 09, 2016
Nemesis99:
i have 2 kekes and the ppl driving them are doing well cuz we have a formal agreement and we also involved the law (soldiers and police). delivering depends on yur area sha. i am based in abuja and they deliver 3500 each every blessed day.

How do you do with repairs? What's the agreement like?
Re: I Want To Go Into Keke Napep Business, Please I Need Some Guidelines by andychukse(m): 11:39am On Jan 09, 2016
mindtricks:

Nice one. You sound more like you are already into the business. Are you?

No, but I have a friend that operates that way and it works for him.
Re: I Want To Go Into Keke Napep Business, Please I Need Some Guidelines by mindtricks: 9:35pm On Jan 09, 2016
andychukse:

No, but I have a friend that operates that way and it works for him.
k.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Pant Of Lady Hawking Plantain In Leggings In Lagos Shows, Nigerians React / Another American Mistress Exposes Dangote’s Buttocks In Viral Video / Daily Tennis Betting Pick/tips From The Tennis Doctor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.