Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,704 members, 7,851,400 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 06:34 PM

How Do You Feel About A Partner Who Talks While Sleeping? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do You Feel About A Partner Who Talks While Sleeping? (2735 Views)

Ladies How Do You Feel About The Question, "Tell Me About Yourself" / Ladies, How Do You Feel About Men With Stretch Marks? / Ladies,how Do You Feel About The Man That Disvirgin You,do You Like Or Hate Him? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Feel About A Partner Who Talks While Sleeping? by Monalisa185(f): 2:03pm On Dec 15, 2015
SLEEPTALKING- uncounsious talking in one's sleep....also known as SOMNILOQUY...

I talked a lot when I was little, and every time I talked during the day, I always repeated those things in my sleep (so I was told)..

I'm very sure most of you experienced same thing when you were little and it was seen as a normal trait in kids...

so...I visited one of my aunts a month ago (newly married), during one of our discussions with her husband, he said something about my aunt scaring the hell out of him...my aunt was surprised because he never said anything to her...

he said he woke up one night to go ease himself and overheard my aunt talking in her sleep, he got really scared, but he didn't know why he was so scared....that he probably felt she was possessed or something...my aunt in turn, denied ever saying anything in her sleep...(the argument went on, but lemme stop here)...

after the whole thing, I went online to research about it, I discovered that whites referred to it as a medical problem (but of course, they see everything as such)...

I asked a few people, some attributed it to spiritual problem... lol (normal, normal African mentality)

so I decided to ask nairalanders these questions...if you find out that you partner talks while sleeping, what would be your first reaction?..

how would you feel about you partner?..

what would you think of your partner?..

have you had such an experience with any one (adult)?

mature and sincere contributions needed
Re: How Do You Feel About A Partner Who Talks While Sleeping? by Monalisa185(f): 2:04pm On Dec 15, 2015
Cc: Lalasticlala
Farano
Ishilove
roctation

merry xmas in advance oo...lol....abeg this thing fit reach una headquarter for proper analysis?...cheesycheesycheesy
Re: How Do You Feel About A Partner Who Talks While Sleeping? by donbenedict(m): 2:04pm On Dec 15, 2015
Monalisa185:
cheesy
tief... U stole my ftc
Re: How Do You Feel About A Partner Who Talks While Sleeping? by fajani(m): 2:07pm On Dec 15, 2015
tell us d truth, u are d person
Monalisa185:

I talked a lot when I was little, and every time I talked during the day, I always repeated those things in my sleep (so I was told)..

I'm very sure most of you experienced same thing when you were little and it was seen as a normal trait in kids...

so...I visited one of my aunts a month ago (newly married), during one of our discussions with her husband, he said something about my aunt scaring the hell out of him...my aunt was surprised because he never said anything to her...

he said he woke up one night to go ease himself and overheard my aunt talking in her sleep, he got really scared, but he didn't know why he was so scared....that he probably felt she was possessed or something...my aunt in turn, denied ever saying anything in her sleep...(the argument went on, but lemme stop here)...

after the whole thing, I went online to research about it, I discovered that whites referred to it as a medical problem (but of course, they see everything as such)...

I asked a few people, some attributed it to spiritual problem... lol (normal, normal African mentality)

so I decided to ask nairalanders these questions...if you find out that you partner talks while sleeping, what would be your first reaction?..

Re: How Do You Feel About A Partner Who Talks While Sleeping? by fajani(m): 2:09pm On Dec 15, 2015
from my own point of view, it's normal.. the person was only reacting to her dream... its nothing strange and weird..
Re: How Do You Feel About A Partner Who Talks While Sleeping? by Monalisa185(f): 2:18pm On Dec 15, 2015
fajani:
tell us d truth, u are d person
if it were me, I would have said so....
Re: How Do You Feel About A Partner Who Talks While Sleeping? by Monalisa185(f): 2:19pm On Dec 15, 2015
donbenedict:
tief... U stole my ftc
hehehehe, na your birthright?
Re: How Do You Feel About A Partner Who Talks While Sleeping? by MzzTega(f): 2:25pm On Dec 15, 2015
I used to do it.
No negative reaction.
Its normal.

Its actually a medical issue. We had lecture on SLEEP. Anything that alters your physiology of sleep is a disorder and a medical issue.

Who talks in their sleep?
Many people talk in their sleep. Half of all kids between the ages of 3 and 10 years old carry on conversations while asleep, and a small number of adults -- about 5% -- keep chit-chatting after they go to bed. The utterances can take place occasionally or every night. A 2004 poll showed that more than 1 in 10 young children converse in their sleep more than a few nights a week.
Girls talk in their sleep as much as boys. And experts think that sleep talking may run in families.
Re: How Do You Feel About A Partner Who Talks While Sleeping? by vizkiz: 2:27pm On Dec 15, 2015
talking in your sleep... That is demonic mehn undecided
Re: How Do You Feel About A Partner Who Talks While Sleeping? by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 2:35pm On Dec 15, 2015
I used to do it.
Mine is whenever I had a long day at work (busy throughout the day)
Re: How Do You Feel About A Partner Who Talks While Sleeping? by zinachidi(m): 2:36pm On Dec 15, 2015
indifferent, its normal
Re: How Do You Feel About A Partner Who Talks While Sleeping? by Alezy(m): 2:42pm On Dec 15, 2015
MzzTega:
I used to do it.
No negative reaction.
Its normal.

Its actually a medical issue. We had lecture on SLEEP. Anything that alters your physiology of sleep is a disorder and a medical issue.

Many people talk in their sleep. Half of all kids between the ages of 3 and 10 years old carry on conversations while asleep, and a small number of adults -- about 5% -- keep chit-chatting after they go to bed. The utterances can take place occasionally or every night. A 2004 poll showed that more than 1 in 10 young children converse in their sleep more than a few nights a week.
Girls talk in their sleep as much as boys. And experts think that sleep talking may run in families.
cheii. ..that means I can't marry u again nah, u will just fill my ears with talk when sleeping. *winks*
Re: How Do You Feel About A Partner Who Talks While Sleeping? by Spikkylee: 2:46pm On Dec 15, 2015
Re: How Do You Feel About A Partner Who Talks While Sleeping? by Monalisa185(f): 2:48pm On Dec 15, 2015
vizkiz:
talking in your sleep... That is demonic mehn undecided

lol...vizkiz yaff come oo...correct African man...cheesy
Re: How Do You Feel About A Partner Who Talks While Sleeping? by Nobody: 2:50pm On Dec 15, 2015
I find it funny, like I'd just burst out with laughter
Re: How Do You Feel About A Partner Who Talks While Sleeping? by Nobody: 2:51pm On Dec 15, 2015
She can talk and sing whatever in her sleep.

So far she nor dey call guy name. Crush/ex-boyfrnd/toaster etc. I will smack her face.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Feel About A Partner Who Talks While Sleeping? by funshy87(m): 2:53pm On Dec 15, 2015
It is a sign of good living, it shows that someone is enjoy his sleep and most of dis people dreams always come true.
Re: How Do You Feel About A Partner Who Talks While Sleeping? by misspicy(f): 2:56pm On Dec 15, 2015
Lemme perch my nest here.....i don't know about talking in sleep its a new one gringrin

but i remember say Mary dey snore like pog for boarding house then,hope she has stopped though her husband won't like it cheesy
Re: How Do You Feel About A Partner Who Talks While Sleeping? by Monalisa185(f): 2:58pm On Dec 15, 2015
MzzTega:

that's exactly what Americans think of it...buh then, you as a sleep talker, you end up marrying a typical African man...and he tells you the same thing vizkiz said ......then you start running from pillar to post seeking for help...
Re: How Do You Feel About A Partner Who Talks While Sleeping? by Monalisa185(f): 3:06pm On Dec 15, 2015
misspicy:
Lemme perch my nest here.....i don't know about talking in sleep its a new one gringrin

but i remember say Mary dey snore like pog for boarding house then,hope she has stopped though her husband won't like it cheesy

a. new one? I'm sure you did it when you were Lil...you probably weren't told...
Re: How Do You Feel About A Partner Who Talks While Sleeping? by donbenedict(m): 3:07pm On Dec 15, 2015
Monalisa185:

hehehehe, na your birthright?
yelx cheesy
Re: How Do You Feel About A Partner Who Talks While Sleeping? by misspicy(f): 3:08pm On Dec 15, 2015
Monalisa185:

a. new one? I'm sure you did it when you were Lil...you probably weren't told...
if i did it I would have been told,i did the sleep walking for a while and i was told so why won't they tell me about sleep talking

its a new one to me sadsadsadsadsadsadsad
Re: How Do You Feel About A Partner Who Talks While Sleeping? by younghartz(m): 3:12pm On Dec 15, 2015
When you stress yourself during the day....at night you must talk o......d brain will be active,d body will be sleeping grin
Just tell your partner to adjust him/her-self....shikena...
Forget spiritual ish.....africans enh I give una hand.
#my2cents.
Re: How Do You Feel About A Partner Who Talks While Sleeping? by ChappyChase: 3:14pm On Dec 15, 2015
I'll feel angry but the anger I will feel can't be compared to the person who snores..
Re: How Do You Feel About A Partner Who Talks While Sleeping? by Cyberfavour(m): 3:29pm On Dec 15, 2015
Lol I remember those days in boarding... my guys would always 'sleep talk' especially Mukhtar..........

I only do that when I read a lot during the day, so I repeat all what I've read in my sleep.

Back to the topic,
It's always fun listening to it cos most people leak their secrets in the process

1 Like

Re: How Do You Feel About A Partner Who Talks While Sleeping? by Monalisa185(f): 4:34pm On Dec 15, 2015
PrimeMinisterr:
I find it funny, like I'd just burst out with laughter

ehhhh? in the middle of the night? weird
Re: How Do You Feel About A Partner Who Talks While Sleeping? by MzzTega(f): 4:58pm On Dec 15, 2015
Monalisa185:

that's exactly what Americans think of it...buh then, you as a sleep talker, you end up marrying a typical African man...and he tells you the same thing vizkiz said ......then you start running from pillar to post seeking for help...

I said I used to.

If you read my post well,it says its more in children
Re: How Do You Feel About A Partner Who Talks While Sleeping? by MzzTega(f): 5:00pm On Dec 15, 2015
Alezy:
cheii. ..that means I can't marry u again nah, u will just fill my ears with talk when sleeping. *winks*

Lol. USED to.

Oya,go and sleep
Re: How Do You Feel About A Partner Who Talks While Sleeping? by Nobody: 5:05pm On Dec 15, 2015
Monalisa185:

if only we can talk.....
Re: How Do You Feel About A Partner Who Talks While Sleeping? by Monalisa185(f): 5:13pm On Dec 15, 2015
misspicy:

if i did it I would have been told,i did the sleep walking for a while and i was told so why won't they tell me about sleep talking

its a new one to me sadsadsadsadsadsadsad

you probably sleepwalked when someone was awake, the person saw you and told you....maybe you sleeptalked when everyone was asleep, so there was no one to tell you about it...lol....I believe you tho, you know better...

younghartz:
Forget spiritual ish.....africans enh I give una hand.
#my2cents.

lol,like you ain't an African... you know the drill na

ChappyChase:
I'll feel angry but the anger I will feel can't be compared to the person who snores..

haha, I can imagine...

Cyberfavour:
Back to the topic,
It's always fun listening to it cos most people leak their secrets in the process

I think that should be the most interesting part of it...leaking secrets...
Re: How Do You Feel About A Partner Who Talks While Sleeping? by Monalisa185(f): 5:24pm On Dec 15, 2015
MzzTega:

I said I used to.
If you read my post well,it says its more in children
nah, I was giving you an instance.. I read your post well...
Re: How Do You Feel About A Partner Who Talks While Sleeping? by Monalisa185(f): 5:26pm On Dec 15, 2015
Drabeey:
if only we can talk.....
Ehen...we talking, right?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Some Places Call-girls Systematically Wait For 'Customers' / 10 Ways To Differentiate An Ajebota From An Ajepako In Nigeria / He Took Me Out But Didn't Pay For My Bills

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.