Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,155 members, 7,815,025 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:21 AM

Are You A Feminist? Here Are 5 Reasons Why You Probably Aren't - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Are You A Feminist? Here Are 5 Reasons Why You Probably Aren't (1956 Views)

Angela Nwosu Smoking: "I Am Not A Wife Material, I Am Not A Feminist" / I Am A Feminist!! / 7 Simple Things You Should Be Doing In Your Relationship But Probably Aren't (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are You A Feminist? Here Are 5 Reasons Why You Probably Aren't by Adonis3: 8:11am On Dec 16, 2015
Anytime I hear girls (especially Nigerians) claiming to be feminists, I just shake my head and laugh coz she's obviously oblivious of what exactly she's talking abouh. Before u begin to judge or insult me, kindly go through my list and see why you might think you're a feminist, when in actual sense, your real self believes and knows you aren't.

1. The Holy books: Now, whether you're a christian or a muslim, the truth remains your religion has unarguably placed the man above you. In the Bible, GOD made the man to be the HEAD and the woman the assistant, helper etc of course, there can't be two heads. The Quran also... Well I don't need to say much about that coz all muslims know it.
Now, this goes to show that if u believe in GOD and His existence, and you want to make heaven or al jannah (as in the case of our muslim folks), you can't be or support feminism or else you can't make paradise. If you don't believe in GOD, then check the next one, you might see the reason why you aint a feminist.

2 Most of you will be ranting "both genders are equal" when you ought to be pleading for us (men) to allow both genders to be equal, yet when a man hits a woman, he's considered a coward. I mean, if we're both equal, why should my hitting you be a problem? If Tosyne2much slaps Airforce1 , no one would talk (except jeering Airforce1 to retaliate and both should fight), but if tosyne2much now hits misspicy , hell would be let loose as people would start attacking tosyne2much. Now let's take a look at this, in most developed nations, when an adult hits a child it is called "abuse", the same happens when a man hits a woman. You have subconsciously agreed that the man has an advantage.

3. Now both genders are equal, yet it's the same set of females that'll be expecting the man to be sweet and romantic, you expect him to buy you flowers and nice things, say sweet words to make your head swell, treat you like a "PET", the truth is, that's because your subconscious knows you actually are. Why should I buy flowers or pet my fellow mate?

4. You go on a date and you expect him to handle the bill. You begin to hear phrases like "aren't you the man?" From the same set of people who shout "both genders are equal". You expect him as the husband to handle the major responsibilities. If you and your younger siblings live together, who takes the major responsibilities? And why? The answer is the reason why your subconscious knows you aren't equal.

5. Abeg make una help me add the last one

I'm open to all criticisms

It's [size=14pt]ADONIS3[/size] baby... grin

5 Likes

Re: Are You A Feminist? Here Are 5 Reasons Why You Probably Aren't by Nobody: 8:14am On Dec 16, 2015
In my opinion, all these Nigerian ladies, especially the ones here on Nairaland, who claim to be feminists, are either delusional or just plain ignorant.

1 Like

Re: Are You A Feminist? Here Are 5 Reasons Why You Probably Aren't by naijaboiy: 8:21am On Dec 16, 2015
i concur cheesy
Re: Are You A Feminist? Here Are 5 Reasons Why You Probably Aren't by Nobody: 8:29am On Dec 16, 2015
undecided"Feminism" is Underrated...undecided

You, My friend is Losing the point..So Many definitions of the "Word", It's almost nauseating!

No one is tryna be the head or Anything, I guess....

lipsrsealed Hell, Why am I even bothering myself? Ride on!gringrin
Re: Are You A Feminist? Here Are 5 Reasons Why You Probably Aren't by Nobody: 8:34am On Dec 16, 2015
funny how some will claim to be a feminist , whereas she doesn't know poo about feminism

1 Like

Re: Are You A Feminist? Here Are 5 Reasons Why You Probably Aren't by Cholls(m): 8:35am On Dec 16, 2015
My brother some naija babes are confused this days.
Re: Are You A Feminist? Here Are 5 Reasons Why You Probably Aren't by Nobody: 8:40am On Dec 16, 2015
I'm a womanist grin grin. grin

1 Like

Re: Are You A Feminist? Here Are 5 Reasons Why You Probably Aren't by naijaboiy: 8:40am On Dec 16, 2015
Estharfabian:
undecided"Feminism" is Underrated...undecided

You, My friend is Losing the point..So Many definitions of the "Word", It's almost nauseating!

No one is tryna be the head or Anything, I guess....

lipsrsealed Hell, Why am I even bothering myself? Ride on!gringrin
hey,it's been long I disturbed you. grin

Howdy? cheesy
Re: Are You A Feminist? Here Are 5 Reasons Why You Probably Aren't by Cutehector(m): 8:50am On Dec 16, 2015
Women r just confused.
Re: Are You A Feminist? Here Are 5 Reasons Why You Probably Aren't by Nobody: 8:52am On Dec 16, 2015
naijaboiy:

hey,it's been long I disturbed you. grin

Howdy? cheesy
Uh...Yeap!grin

You've been Awol!wink Where'd U go?

never been better, How are You?wink
Re: Are You A Feminist? Here Are 5 Reasons Why You Probably Aren't by Andykruiz(m): 8:55am On Dec 16, 2015
dachaste come and see oo we're not equal cheesy
Re: Are You A Feminist? Here Are 5 Reasons Why You Probably Aren't by naijaboiy: 9:00am On Dec 16, 2015
Estharfabian:
Uh...Yeap!grin

You've been Awol!wink Where'd U go?

never been better, How are You?wink
Lol...I've just been underground jare. Had a busy schedule but I'm back now.

I'm fine o and enjoying the cold. I'm also here to resume my troubles tongue
Re: Are You A Feminist? Here Are 5 Reasons Why You Probably Aren't by tosyne2much(m): 9:02am On Dec 16, 2015
Decker:
In my opinion, all these Nigerian ladies, especially the ones here on Nairaland, who claim to be feminists, are either delusional or just plain ignorant.
I'm inclined to subscribe to your point cool
Re: Are You A Feminist? Here Are 5 Reasons Why You Probably Aren't by tosyne2much(m): 9:04am On Dec 16, 2015
The truth of the matter is that those proclaimed feminists are usually arrogant and delusional just as Decker opined cheesy
Re: Are You A Feminist? Here Are 5 Reasons Why You Probably Aren't by Genea(f): 9:05am On Dec 16, 2015
Mmmmm men bashing women since d death of christ....feminist or not, everyone has a role to play btw from ur post, u sound egoistic alongside our uncle dat is concurring...no offense intended

1 Like

Re: Are You A Feminist? Here Are 5 Reasons Why You Probably Aren't by Nobody: 9:09am On Dec 16, 2015
naijaboiy:

Lol...I've just been underground jare. Had a busy schedule but I'm back now.

I'm fine o and enjoying the cold. I'm also here to resume my troubles tongue
I hate the Cold!lipsrsealed

LoL! glad to have You back!undecided

scratch that!undecided
This whole goody-two-shoes thingy isn't working! Imma make one or two annoying misandristic comments today, and You Attack! deal?!?cheesy
Re: Are You A Feminist? Here Are 5 Reasons Why You Probably Aren't by Nobody: 9:09am On Dec 16, 2015
tosyne2much:
I'm inclined to subscribe to your point cool

My guy. cheesy cool
Re: Are You A Feminist? Here Are 5 Reasons Why You Probably Aren't by cruzita(f): 9:09am On Dec 16, 2015
this happens only when the mans authority gets out of hand.a man wants to be respected by his wife but he disrespects her forgetting that respect is earned.A woman is a helper,ur own missing rib and a mate to u not a maid.respect and love her and u will receive her full submissiveness .

1 Like

Re: Are You A Feminist? Here Are 5 Reasons Why You Probably Aren't by chynie: 9:11am On Dec 16, 2015
a
Re: Are You A Feminist? Here Are 5 Reasons Why You Probably Aren't by Nobody: 9:16am On Dec 16, 2015
cruzita:
this happens only when the mans authority gets out of hand.a man wants to be respected by his wife but he disrespects her forgetting that respect is earned.A woman is a helper,ur own missing rib and a mate to u not a maid.respect and love her and u will receive her full submissiveness .

Excuse me, please I have been wanting to ask, are you a male or a female or you are just confused? Because your profile says you are a female but your dp and comments you make say otherwise.
Re: Are You A Feminist? Here Are 5 Reasons Why You Probably Aren't by naijaboiy: 9:18am On Dec 16, 2015
Estharfabian:
I hate the Cold!lipsrsealed

LoL! glad to have You back!undecided

scratch that!undecided
This whole goody-two-shoes thingy isn't working! Imma make one or two annoying misandristic comments today,and You Attack! deal?!?cheesy
Hahahahahahahaha grin grin

Okay then...deal. tongue

I'll be a mention away smiley
Re: Are You A Feminist? Here Are 5 Reasons Why You Probably Aren't by naijaboiy: 9:20am On Dec 16, 2015
Decker:

Excuse me, please I have been wanting to ask, are you a male or a female or you are just confused? Because your profile says you are a female but your dp and comments you make say otherwise.
ROTFL!!!!gringringrin

Is that a guy or girl in that profile? shockedshocked
Re: Are You A Feminist? Here Are 5 Reasons Why You Probably Aren't by cruzita(f): 9:20am On Dec 16, 2015
Decker:

what does my moniker say
Re: Are You A Feminist? Here Are 5 Reasons Why You Probably Aren't by Nobody: 9:25am On Dec 16, 2015
naijaboiy:

ROTFL!!!!gringringrin

Is that a guy or girl in that profile? shockedshocked

Guy the thing tire me o. cheesy

The picture looks like that of a dude, but if it's actually a girl, then that's one fugly girl. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Are You A Feminist? Here Are 5 Reasons Why You Probably Aren't by Nobody: 9:29am On Dec 16, 2015
cruzita:
what does my moniker say

Sorry if this might sound insulting but yes, your moniker says that you are a female, but your display picture doesn't look like that of a physically and hormonal normal female.

1 Like

Re: Are You A Feminist? Here Are 5 Reasons Why You Probably Aren't by Highcuerayte: 9:31am On Dec 16, 2015
Cholls:
Re: Are You A Feminist? Here Are 5 Reasons Why You Probably Aren't by Nobody: 9:31am On Dec 16, 2015
naijaboiy:
Hahahahahahahaha grin grin
Okay then...deal. tongue
I'll be a mention away smiley
winkcool
Re: Are You A Feminist? Here Are 5 Reasons Why You Probably Aren't by Highcuerayte: 9:32am On Dec 16, 2015
Cholls:
And english like this is the beginning of confusion
Re: Are You A Feminist? Here Are 5 Reasons Why You Probably Aren't by cruzita(f): 9:33am On Dec 16, 2015
Decker:

Sorry if this might sound insulting but yes, your moniker says that you are a female, but your display picture doesn't look like that of a physical and hormonal normal female.
then believe whatever u like cos I can't start giving u details about myself
Re: Are You A Feminist? Here Are 5 Reasons Why You Probably Aren't by naijaboiy: 9:36am On Dec 16, 2015
Decker:

Guy the thing tire me o. cheesy

The picture looks like that of a dude, but if it's actually a girl, then that's one fugly girl. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Wow! This is one perfect example of a transgender. grin

Cruzita come and bail yourself abeg. lipsrsealed
Re: Are You A Feminist? Here Are 5 Reasons Why You Probably Aren't by Nobody: 9:36am On Dec 16, 2015
cruzita:
then believe whatever u like cos I can't start giving u details about myself

Again, sorry if I sounded a bit rude, but please just answer these two questions and we are good.

1. Are you a female

2. If yes, are you the one on your dp, if no, is that your boyfriend?

Please answer my questions, you will be doing yourself and a lot of curious and confused people as myself, a whole lot of good smiley
Re: Are You A Feminist? Here Are 5 Reasons Why You Probably Aren't by cruzita(f): 9:41am On Dec 16, 2015
Decker:

Again, sorry if I sounded a bit rude, but please just answer these two questions and we are good.

1. Are you a female

2. If yes, are you the one on your dp, if no, is that your boyfriend?

Please answer my questions, you will be doing yourself and a lot of curious and confused people as myself, a whole lot of good smiley
if that's what u want I'm a female and dats me on my dp cos that's the way I like to be

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bitter Experience / Can I Meet A Nairaland Babe B4 D Yr Runs Out / Romantic Story Of How A Yoruba Boy Ended Up Marrying His Side Chic!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.