Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,031 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:51 AM

Top 10 African Beautiful Women - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Top 10 African Beautiful Women (9020 Views)

Top 10 African Countries With The Most Beautiful Women / Top 30 World's Most-Beautiful Women In 2013 / The Most Beautiful Women In Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 10 African Beautiful Women by blazingtw: 10:53am On Jun 10, 2009
i just wanted to show people that there is an oscar winner from Africa. Na wa ooooooo grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin. Who is proud to be African. Not like some others that refuse to claim it when we clearly can see that they are africans.
Re: Top 10 African Beautiful Women by omar22(m): 12:07pm On Jun 10, 2009
Why is everyone pretending they don't understand the difference in African traits and European. It is clear when you say African woman Charlize would not come to mind. Phenotypically an African would not normally have white skin, straight Roman nose, blue or green eyes and hair that is not tightly curled.

So by your theory anyone from the northern part of the Sahara is not an African, people from Morocco, Libya, Egypt, Tunisia, Algeria, Sudan, Ethiopia, Somalia or Eritrea are not Africans because they don’t look like as dark as a Togolese person! So when they asked the question the most beautiful person in Africa! It also means the most beautiful black African person!!! Oh gosh!!! You need to broaden your horizon, you sound pathetic! Basically if someone from an African origin wins the most beautiful person in Germany or Italy you would start a riot!

Please!!!
Re: Top 10 African Beautiful Women by lolapop036: 11:28pm On Jun 10, 2009
i totally agree with londoner
you would not see a black british girl on the top 10 most beautiful english women!
Re: Top 10 African Beautiful Women by londoner: 9:57am On Jun 11, 2009
@ All, how many people here see Naomi Campbell as European? Or a European model?

Be honest, in your list of top ten beautiful European models, would you include her?
Re: Top 10 African Beautiful Women by omar22(m): 10:49am On Jun 11, 2009
@ All, how many people here see Naomi Campbell as European? Or a European model?

Be honest, in your list of top ten beautiful European models, would you include her?

WHAT!!!! Naomi Campbell is been referred to as an English super Model, Sophie Okenedo (oscar nominee) is been referred to as an English Actress, between 1992 - 1996 she was the top and highest paid Supermodel in Europe and one of the highest earners in the world what are talking about, Now Naomi is old and her time has gone,

Miss Great Britain 2006 was Preeti Desai (an INDIAN descendant) nobody cried wolf
Miss France had 3 black winners
Miss Sweden the land of Blonds had a black winner

Look I deal with facts and not assumptions,
Re: Top 10 African Beautiful Women by londoner: 11:12am On Jun 11, 2009
@Omar, Naomi Campbell and Sophie Okenedo are not referred to as English, but British. there is a difference.

In the Uk a non-White person can be British, but not English. The English are the indegenous people of England who are White.

That is fact, as a Black British person I know for a fact.

Even on standard forms, the racial classification makes clear distinctions between White English and British of African/Carribean or Asian descent.

You can be Miss Britian etc and not be White, but you will not be seen as an English woman, FACT.

I have no qualms about a non White miss Zimbabwe etc, but these people are not genetically African, and their beauty is one which is not African.

Again, do YOU see Naomi Campbell as a European model? Either yes or no will do.
Re: Top 10 African Beautiful Women by JJYOU: 11:21am On Jun 11, 2009
No2Atheism:

1.Tiguda

2. Agbani Darego

4. Rhian Benson

5. Honorine Uwera

6. Miriam Chemmoss

7.Thandie Newton

8. Alek Wek

9. Genevieve Nnaji

10. Iman- Somalia- pioneering African model.
beautiful by what oyinbo man say is beautiful. someone said colonisation is no more. you only need to get the mind to get a people.
Re: Top 10 African Beautiful Women by origina9ja(f): 11:28am On Jun 11, 2009
embarassed undecided
NO WAY
Re: Top 10 African Beautiful Women by omar22(m): 11:58am On Jun 11, 2009
@Omar, Naomi Campbell and Sophie Okenedo are not referred to as English, but British. there is a difference.

In the Uk a non-White person can be British, but not English. The English are the indegenous people of England who are White.

That is fact, as a Black British person I know for a fact.

Even on standard forms, the racial classification makes clear distinctions between White English and British of African/Carribean or Asian descent.

You can be Miss Britian etc and not be White, but you will not be seen as an English woman, FACT.

I have no qualms about a non White miss Zimbabwe etc, but these people are not genetically African, and their beauty is one which is not African.

Again, do YOU see Naomi Campbell as a European model? Either yes or no will do.

British are people of GREAT BRITAIN thats England, Wales, Scotland and the Irish its got nothing to do with who lives in the country, to refer yourself as English is just to differentiat yourself from a Scot, Welsh or Irish, its go nothing to do with your race or religion,

In general they refer to themselves as British FIRST, then English second unless they are trying to be hard-headed, Thats why its called the British Prime Minister.

Now you came up with genetical issues, knowing for a fact that the Garden of Eden is situation in Ethiopia defeats the point you are trying to raise, So Cathy Freeman is she Australian or African?

So do I see Naomi as European? oh yeah a typical Streatham (south london) girl as well! may be descendant are Caribbean
Re: Top 10 African Beautiful Women by whiteangle: 1:45pm On Jun 11, 2009
Genny up there
Re: Top 10 African Beautiful Women by blazingtw: 9:27pm On Jun 11, 2009
You guys are missing the point. An African as an oscar winner is a good thing. She never said she was American or European. So why do you guys have to classify her. What you guys should be saying is if she can so can i.

Yes we can. Like President Obama. I am a child of God.
Re: Top 10 African Beautiful Women by omar22(m): 6:40am On Jun 12, 2009
You guys are missing the point. An African as an oscar winner is a good thing. She never said she was American or European. So why do you guys have to classify her. What you guys should be saying is if she can so can i.

Yes we can. Like President Obama. I am a child of God.

Spot on!!! tongue tongue tongue tongue

I bet some people hear would call the South African cricket squad European because they are 90% white
Re: Top 10 African Beautiful Women by londoner: 10:06am On Jun 12, 2009
@Omar, you are wrong, a person who is Black British is not seen as English. The Englishman is a White man.

I should know, I am Black British myself.

There is a difference between nationality and racial heritage. I noticed you called Naomi a South London girl, fine and true, but my actual question was whether you see her as an English woman? Would she be an example of a beautiful ENGLISH WOMAN?

Is Naomi Campbell an ENGLISH WOMAN, in your view ,

YES OR NO, Simple.

The South African cricket team are South African but European in descent and do not represent Africa genetically or physically at all, but Europe. just like the majority of the French football team are Africans, but also french nationals.

Are they now Europeans?

The British prime minister is PM for the UK as a whole, but Mr Gordon Brown is a Scottish man and NOT an Englishman. Scotland has its own prime minister along with Ireland (as well as their own government), separate from the British PM.

Even if you fill out an official form in the Uk and it asks you for your racial classification, there is no Black English or Asian English, only White English but  there is Black African/Carribean, Asian or Asian British.

Have you ever seen an option of Black or Asian English on any UK governent issued form? I have never seen it in all my years, in fact just yesterday, I filled out my tax form, nowhere is there a Black English box to tick, there was only White English.
I say again, you can not be Black English, you can only be Black BRITISH. Anyone can aquire a British passport, even if you were born elsewhere and moved to the UK.
Re: Top 10 African Beautiful Women by omar22(m): 12:49pm On Jun 12, 2009
The South African cricket team are South African but European in descent and do not represent Africa genetically or physically at all, but Europe

londoner

You know what, lets agree to disagree, OK
Re: Top 10 African Beautiful Women by blazingtw: 6:34pm On Jun 12, 2009
The men list is now out. http://entertainmentdock..com/
Re: Top 10 African Beautiful Women by blazingtw: 11:50am On Jun 16, 2009
;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d kiss
Re: Top 10 African Beautiful Women by candylips(m): 2:52pm On Jul 01, 2009
All this argument here. So how do you classify Obama. American ? African American. Kenyan American. Which one
Re: Top 10 African Beautiful Women by ladykool(f): 3:37am On Jul 07, 2009
hehehehehe how did the topic changed from African beautiful women to Prime ministers and President?? undecided undecided undecided

why is it that whenever it comes to any thing africa!! south africa is always taking the lead when for once would Nigeria take the lead when?? sad sad sad
Re: Top 10 African Beautiful Women by omar22(m): 1:45pm On Jul 07, 2009
hehehehehe how did the topic changed from African beautiful women to Prime ministers and President??

why is it that whenever it comes to any thing africa!! south africa is always taking the lead when for once would Nigeria take the lead when??

The whole continent moved on when we stood still
Re: Top 10 African Beautiful Women by Nobody: 1:55pm On Jul 07, 2009
Charlize Theron is and remains African. How can we cry against racism when we are culprits ourselves?
Re: Top 10 African Beautiful Women by omar22(m): 2:35pm On Jul 07, 2009
Charlize Theron is and remains African. How can we cry against racism when we are culprits ourselves?

SPOT ON,

and the babe is beautiful and humble and she has the class to die for!!!

compare to wannabe's Genne WHO?
Re: Top 10 African Beautiful Women by Nobody: 2:39pm On Jul 07, 2009
omar22:

SPOT ON,

and the babe is beautiful and humble and she has the class to die for!!!

compare to wannabe's Genne WHO?

I have always found her to be such a lovely woman. Africa should be proud of having so many beauties. Black, brown, blue, yellow, white. Anyone. grin We don't realise our luck.
Re: Top 10 African Beautiful Women by londoner: 3:31pm On Jul 07, 2009
Luck? Why, just because a White person has identified herself as African, is she doing us a favour?

I hope thats not what you meant. If Cherlize is an African woman, then I am a European woman.

Jeez, sometimes we African s actually will do anything to claim Whites.

If you were born and raised in China, would she be Asian? THINK!

I just give up, lol
Re: Top 10 African Beautiful Women by Nobody: 3:38pm On Jul 07, 2009
Does Charlize Theron even consider herself African? I guess not. grin

Africans . . . dont we just love sucking up to whites.
Re: Top 10 African Beautiful Women by Nobody: 3:39pm On Jul 07, 2009
londoner:

Luck? Why, just because a White person has identified herself as African, is she doing us a favour?

I hope thats not what you meant. If Cherlize is an African woman, then I am a European woman.

Jeez, sometimes we African s actually will do anything to claim Whites.

If you were born and raised in China, would she be Asian? THINK!

I just give up, lol

Ridiculous. She was born in South Africa, raised there and grew up there. She is SA and therefor African. You may hate the white for what they did to African people, but in this very moment, there is nothing you can say that'll prove Charlize is not African like us.
Re: Top 10 African Beautiful Women by Nobody: 3:41pm On Jul 07, 2009
michelin89:

Ridiculous. She was born in South Africa, raised there and grew up there. She is SA and therefor African. You may hate the white for what they did to African people, but in this very moment, there is nothing you can say that'll prove Charlize is not African like us.

You seem to have an inferiority complex . . . you're too deferential to anything white. How is she african "like you"? grin

It is folks like you struggling to claim whites as Africans when they really would prefer to be seen as European. Charlize is today a US citizen, i doubt she cares a hoot about the rest of black Africa.
Re: Top 10 African Beautiful Women by Nobody: 3:44pm On Jul 07, 2009
davidylan:

You seem to have an inferiority complex . . . you're too deferential to anything white. How is she african "like you"? grin

It is folks like you struggling to claim whites as Africans when they really would prefer to be seen as European. Charlize is today a US citizen, i doubt she cares a hoot about the rest of black Africa.

Whatever David. You don't. I do and whether she is white or not, she is a woman like me who has achieved a lot for herself.
Re: Top 10 African Beautiful Women by mzansigirl(f): 4:47pm On Jul 07, 2009
Somebody on nairaland (I cannot for the life of me remember who) once posted a thread that sought to classify africans as africans of the soil or africans of the blood.
Here are a few examples: AAs are africans of the blood but not of the soil (not born on the continent); blacks born on the continent would be called africans of the blood and the soil; egyptians and whites (and other non blacks) born in africa would be africans of the soil but not of the blood.

If this classification is anything to go by, Charlize is an african of the soil but not of the blood.

As a south african i can also tell u that the afrikaans people in SA say that this land (soil/ country of SA) is their fatherland too (it belongs to them as much as it belongs to us blacks), hence the name afrikaans
Re: Top 10 African Beautiful Women by londoner: 6:07pm On Jul 07, 2009
@Michelin89, so what you are saying is that if you were born and raised in China, you would be an Asian?

If a Japanese person is born and raised in France, is s/he an Asian or simply European?

Are you telling me that I am a European? In the same sense that Princess Diana was?

Cherlize can not be African like you or I if she takes a DNA test. I was not born or raised in Nigeria, neither do I have a Nigerian passport, but my DNA says it all, as well as my skin, hair etc.

If a cat gives birth in an oven it doesn't make the kittens into bread.

She is a citizen of S.A, but she is not an African. Just the same way I am a British citizen, but not a European ethnically.

@Mzansigirl, if you were born in Italy, would you say today that you are not an African or a South African?

Pardon me to say, if White South Africans really thought of SA as their fatherland (in the true sense), they would have had no problem seeing you as their brothers. They did not, and its because deep down they saw themselves as being different from you because they are Europeans.

Otherwise there would not have been racial classifactions which differentiated Whites/Asians/coloured and Blacks.

The truth hurts but it is what it is.
Re: Top 10 African Beautiful Women by mzansigirl(f): 6:31pm On Jul 07, 2009
londoner, I said AFRICAN OF THE SOIL, NOT THE BLOOD !!!!!(Dna is blood isnt it??)
Re: Top 10 African Beautiful Women by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jul 07, 2009
@ londoner

All that na essay. That doesn't change that fact that Charlize is African like us!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Flavour Cozy Mood With Chidinma, Covers Bosom With Hands In Single Pic. / Olamide,davido And Wizkid Who Is The Richest / Tana Adelana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.