Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,978 members, 7,825,057 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:08 AM

Social Media Love : Real Or False ? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Social Media Love : Real Or False ? (3179 Views)

Is This Lady's Ass Real Or Fake? / See Idiots In Love. Real Chronicles Of Romantic Stupidity! Who Missed This :) :) / Is Facebook Love Real? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Social Media Love : Real Or False ? by virud: 5:27pm On Dec 18, 2015
I have heard and read about some couples that met via social media and things have worked out just perfect. They had their unique challenges and have managed to sail through. Glory be to God. Yet, I believe social media love is more damning than all that.

The problem with falling in love with someone's two-dimensional Facebook/Nairaland/Social-Media profile is that you never know what lies beyond that sparkling smile in front of the Taj Mahal. After all, his photos might just be the most exciting thing about him/her. Many people post/publish things they would never dream of saying in real life.

The personal notes of a person's profile on social media will never give you an accurate representation of the reality. We create the image that we want to convey through our activity on social media. It's much easier to convey the "reality" that we want to portray on the Internet than to live it in real life. My own Facebook profile portrays a character; the real me is much more complex. It would be easy to choose a boyfriend/girlfriend or future wife/husband based on information from his/her social-media presence, but the longevity of a relationship resulting from such matchmaking techniques would probably be about equal to your techno's battery life.

The truth is that the content and character of a possible love should be revealed in layers. The development of a fruitful relationship takes effort, and it is impossible to reach a level of depth with a person by meticulously parsing his Facebook or other social media profiles.

Sure, social media can provide supplemental reading when studying a person's qualifications as a potential plus-one, but you are wasting your time if you use things like Facebook/Nairaland/Instagram to learn about the content required to answer all the right questions.

When it comes to dating and mating, sometimes it helps to unplug in order to connect, before all of a sudden you are questioning the real connection you had with him.

It's beats me dead. Always.
How does one suddenly 'love' someone they barely know (save for a couple of posts and probably photoshoped pictures)
How does one begin to really feel true attraction to someone they are not friends with
How can you profess unending and undying love to some random stranger on the internet
On what basis did the supposed 'love' grow
You're not friends? You don't know what she / he likes? You don't know what the other person despises.
You don't know their personal outlook on live?
You don't know what/who they really are (save for your limited online impression)

This is my personal opinion - Insults are not felicitations.
Gracias..
Re: Social Media Love : Real Or False ? by virud: 5:29pm On Dec 18, 2015
This meme says much ..
Just replace 'twitter' with 'social media' and we're all good to go.

Re: Social Media Love : Real Or False ? by iceberylin(m): 5:29pm On Dec 18, 2015
Sh!t only gives Hard-on angry
Re: Social Media Love : Real Or False ? by Nobody: 5:40pm On Dec 18, 2015
smileysmileysmiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Social Media Love : Real Or False ? by Nobody: 5:43pm On Dec 18, 2015
"How does one suddenly 'love' someone they
barely know (save for a couple of posts and
probably photoshoped pictures)
How does one begin to really feel true
attraction to someone they are not friends with How can you profess unending and undying
love to some random stranger on the internet
You're not friends? You don't know what she /
he likes? You don't know what the other
person despises. You don't know their personal outlook on live?
You don't know what/who they really are (save
for your limited online impression)
This is my personal opinion"

2 Likes

Re: Social Media Love : Real Or False ? by CUM4WHAT(m): 5:45pm On Dec 18, 2015
Waiting for Lucialovely opinion
Re: Social Media Love : Real Or False ? by obiorathesubtle: 5:49pm On Dec 18, 2015
Only mumu people like this thing.
Re: Social Media Love : Real Or False ? by ivyT(f): 5:51pm On Dec 18, 2015
Mehn,dis ur post is long na...*stretches*.after a hard long day
Re: Social Media Love : Real Or False ? by SINNZ(m): 5:52pm On Dec 18, 2015
quiinnBee:
"How does one suddenly 'love' someone they
barely know (save for a couple of posts and
probably photoshoped pictures)
How does one begin to really feel true
attraction to someone they are not friends with How can you profess unending and undying
love to some random stranger on the internet
You're not friends? You don't know what she /
he likes? You don't know what the other
person despises. You don't know their personal outlook on live?
You don't know what/who they really are (save
for your limited online impression)
This is my personal opinion"

Its very possible to fall in love with someones personality. Very possible

1 Like

Re: Social Media Love : Real Or False ? by Nobody: 5:55pm On Dec 18, 2015
SINNZ:

Its very possible to fall in love with someones personality. Very possible .
you cant know a person's personality online.trust me.
Re: Social Media Love : Real Or False ? by virud: 5:56pm On Dec 18, 2015
ivyT:
Mehn,dis ur post is long na...*stretches*.after a hard long day
Wetin harden your day? Na bricks u deh carry grin

1 Like

Re: Social Media Love : Real Or False ? by virud: 5:58pm On Dec 18, 2015
SINNZ:

Its very possible to fall in love with someones personality. Very possible
How would you know someone's personality online? Please school me cool
Re: Social Media Love : Real Or False ? by SINNZ(m): 5:58pm On Dec 18, 2015
quiinnBee:

you cant know a person's personality online.trust me.
You can. No one can fake a persona for too long.
Re: Social Media Love : Real Or False ? by SINNZ(m): 5:59pm On Dec 18, 2015
virud:

How would you know someone's personality online? Please school me cool
Constant communication.
Re: Social Media Love : Real Or False ? by virud: 6:00pm On Dec 18, 2015
SINNZ:
Online and Offline are two different worlds... They are world apart. People can fake their online presence for as long as that profile/presence exists. In other words... for a life time.
Re: Social Media Love : Real Or False ? by virud: 6:01pm On Dec 18, 2015
SINNZ:
Constant communication.
What if they continue to feed you constant lies? How would you know what there are up to?
Re: Social Media Love : Real Or False ? by Nobody: 6:02pm On Dec 18, 2015
SINNZ:
lol.people only let you see what they want you to see online..
example_MOST keyboard warriors are as docile as a lamb in reality.
Re: Social Media Love : Real Or False ? by Nobody: 6:04pm On Dec 18, 2015
virud:

Online and Offline are two different worlds... They are world apart. People can fake their online presence for as long as that profile/presence exists. In other words... for a life time.
on point
Re: Social Media Love : Real Or False ? by SINNZ(m): 6:10pm On Dec 18, 2015
quiinnBee:

lol.people only let you see what they want you to see online..
example_MOST keyboard warriors are as docile as a lamb in reality.

U've got a valid point there.. But you're talking about NL, I'm talking about social networks like whatsapp, bbm etc..

One might exude a certain personality online which doesn't really blend with his/her reality. But that doesn't mean the persona is fake! It simple means that there's a warrior somewhere inside that lamb. Psychology 101. cool
Re: Social Media Love : Real Or False ? by virud: 6:14pm On Dec 18, 2015
SINNZ:

U've got a valid point there.. But you're talking about NL, I'm talking about social networks like whatsapp, bbm etc..

One might exude a certain personality online which doesn't really blend with his/her reality. But that doesn't mean the persona is fake! It simple means that there's a warrior somewhere inside that lamb. Psychology 101. cool
Yea...but it seems someone is trying to build a mansion on air....It is possible tomorrow... not now!
Re: Social Media Love : Real Or False ? by SINNZ(m): 6:15pm On Dec 18, 2015
virud:

There are social networks that draw people closer more than others... There are places where you just can't fake a persona. That's the reason why a chic can freely chit chat with you here on NL but that same chic won't give you her BBM pin even if you bring the Saudi Prince to beg on your behalf. Psychology 101 cool
Re: Social Media Love : Real Or False ? by SINNZ(m): 6:18pm On Dec 18, 2015
virud:

Yea...but it seems someone is trying to build a mansion on air....It is possible tomorrow... not now!
I don't know how you see things bro grin
Re: Social Media Love : Real Or False ? by virud: 6:19pm On Dec 18, 2015
SINNZ:

There are social networks that draw people closer more than others... There are places where you just can't fake a persona. That's the reason why a chic can freely chit chat with you here on NL but that same chic won't give you her BBM pin even if you bring the Saudi Prince to beg on your behalf. Psychology 101 cool
You'll agree with me that those 'social media networks' that you claim draws people together are not fool-proofed. Anyone could easily take advantage of the numerous loopholes that are so common across all social media networks.
Re: Social Media Love : Real Or False ? by virud: 6:21pm On Dec 18, 2015
SINNZ:
I don't know how you see things bro grin
lol... your opinion btw. feel free to school me cool
Re: Social Media Love : Real Or False ? by SINNZ(m): 6:28pm On Dec 18, 2015
virud:

You'll agree with me that those 'social media networks' that you claim draws people together are not fool-proofed. Anyone could easily take advantage of the numerous loopholes that are so common across all social media networks.

The only time such is possible is the false persona is a means of livelihood. Reason.
Re: Social Media Love : Real Or False ? by Cutehector(m): 6:30pm On Dec 18, 2015
Dahs why i dnt rely on chats and phone calls.. Hell i gotta see ur face!
Re: Social Media Love : Real Or False ? by SINNZ(m): 6:31pm On Dec 18, 2015
virud:

lol... your opinion btw. feel free to school me cool
Its appears impossible due to that road block you've mounted in your head bro.
Re: Social Media Love : Real Or False ? by virud: 6:41pm On Dec 18, 2015
SINNZ:
Its appears impossible due to that road block you've mounted in your head bro.
You're not a good teacher. You should persevere for your students and make painstaking sacrifices to make sure they understand and learn what would ultimately better their lots. Exception being that your student holds an objectively better argument(s) to yours. Then you ought to congratulate them and take an honorable bow cool
Re: Social Media Love : Real Or False ? by Nobody: 6:50pm On Dec 18, 2015
SINNZ:

am not talking of NL.am talking about all social media platforms.
seems you dont read stories about people that go visit online boyfriends and end up getting raped.could they have tell he was a rapist judging from his chats? no
Re: Social Media Love : Real Or False ? by Lucialovely(f): 7:11pm On Dec 18, 2015
CUM4WHAT:
Waiting for Lucialovely opinion
it depends on ur definition of love, u can feel love without all those things listed below
Re: Social Media Love : Real Or False ? by Cutehector(m): 7:12pm On Dec 18, 2015
quiinnBee:

am not talking of NL.am talking about all social media platforms.
seems you dont read stories about people that go visit online boyfriends and end up getting raped.could they have tell he was a rapist judging from his chats? no
why should dey visit him in his house at the first date? I should blame dem tho
Re: Social Media Love : Real Or False ? by Nobody: 7:27pm On Dec 18, 2015
Cutehector:
why should dey visit him in his house at the first date? I should blame dem tho
yes are both to blame

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Need Someone To Talk To Before I Loose It Totally / Is This Another Fashion Style For Ladies? / Nigerian Couple On The Queue As Caterer Serves Them Food On Wedding Day. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.