Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,780 members, 7,837,837 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 11:27 AM

Social Media Love : Real Or False ? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Social Media Love : Real Or False ? (3183 Views)

Is This Lady's Ass Real Or Fake? / See Idiots In Love. Real Chronicles Of Romantic Stupidity! Who Missed This :) :) / Is Facebook Love Real? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Social Media Love : Real Or False ? by SINNZ(m): 8:03pm On Dec 18, 2015
virud:

You're not a good teacher. You should persevere for your students and make painstaking sacrifices to make sure they understand and learn what would ultimately better their lots. Exception being that your student holds an objectively better argument(s) to yours. Then you ought to congratulate them and take an honorable bow cool
I don't recall receiving any form of gratuity enough to make me offer "painstaking sacrifices". grin
Re: Social Media Love : Real Or False ? by virud: 8:26pm On Dec 18, 2015
SINNZ:
I don't recall receiving any form of gratuity enough to make me offer "painstaking sacrifices". grin
What happened to selfless service? Teachers receive their reward in heaven - you seem to forget
Re: Social Media Love : Real Or False ? by SINNZ(m): 8:29pm On Dec 18, 2015
virud:

What happened to selfless service? Teachers receive their reward in heaven - you seem to forget
I'm a business man.
Re: Social Media Love : Real Or False ? by SINNZ(m): 8:32pm On Dec 18, 2015
quiinnBee:

am not talking of NL.am talking about all social media platforms.
seems you dont read stories about people that go visit online boyfriends and end up getting raped.could they have tell he was a rapist judging from his chats? no

In such cases its the girl that is to blame for not being able to spot a sexually perverted guy. Trust me, if she couldn't spot him online, she won't spot him in real life either.
Re: Social Media Love : Real Or False ? by virud: 8:59pm On Dec 18, 2015
SINNZ:

In such cases its the girl that is to blame for not being able to spot a sexually perverted guy. Trust me, if she couldn't spot him online, she won't spot him in real life either.
You don't get it...
You only 'see' the impression I choose to 'show' you online. Whatever I do online can't be used as a yardstick to judge or probe my character offline. I can lead a completely opposite and conflicting life - offline or online. And you wouldn't notice a thing. You might chat with someone online for a zillion year and you wouldn't be sure of her/his real names - not to talk of knowing her/his true character.
Re: Social Media Love : Real Or False ? by virud: 9:07pm On Dec 18, 2015
Lucialovely:
it depends on ur definition of love, u can feel love without all those things listed below
How would one feel this 'love'.... how can you be sure that what you feel is 'love' How can you claim to 'love' someone you do not know How would you define love in these circumstances?
Re: Social Media Love : Real Or False ? by Nobody: 10:40pm On Dec 18, 2015
SINNZ:

Hmm......
Re: Social Media Love : Real Or False ? by virud: 11:08am On Dec 19, 2015
terminatorrr:

And u would know this cos everything about u on social media is fake, fake, fake. So ashamed of coming out with ur real personality cos it sucks as fvck!

I have friends that met their spouses online thru social media platforms like this one and I'm currently dating someone I met online.

Educate yourself and stop polluting everywhere with ur ignorance. Ignorance is no longer bliss! Shallow minded, unexposed dumb ass like you.

Bullying / cursing would not make her buy your idea(s).
In real life, you may not be able to spew all these thrash at her (face to face).
Re: Social Media Love : Real Or False ? by IamLucy(f): 7:22pm On Dec 20, 2015
i wouldnt advice it
Re: Social Media Love : Real Or False ? by virud: 9:01pm On Dec 24, 2015
terminatorrr:

Oh pls get lost!! The idiot is the one who will never ever in her life be able to say thrash to my face but social media has given the ugly bastard the privilege to insult people.

She deserves all the insult in the world a whole lot more. Mind ur damn business!
Your opinion!
Re: Social Media Love : Real Or False ? by virud: 9:03pm On Dec 24, 2015
IamLucy:
i wouldnt advice it
What wouldn't you advice?
Re: Social Media Love : Real Or False ? by Nobody: 9:09pm On Dec 24, 2015
quiinnBee:
"How does one suddenly 'love' someone they
barely know (save for a couple of posts and
probably photoshoped pictures)
How does one begin to really feel true
attraction to someone they are not friends with How can you profess unending and undying
love to some random stranger on the internet
On what basis did the supposed 'love' grow
You're not friends? You don't know what she /
he likes? You don't know what the other
person despises. You don't know their personal outlook on live?
You don't know what/who they really are (save
for your limited online impression)
This is my personal opinion"
ok like some dude putting up David Beckham's pic on his dp and some babe falling hard for him thinking she was online dating an oyibo man....hehehecheesycheesy

1 Like

Re: Social Media Love : Real Or False ? by IamLucy(f): 9:23pm On Dec 24, 2015
virud:
What wouldn't you advice?
social media relationship
Re: Social Media Love : Real Or False ? by virud: 9:28pm On Dec 24, 2015
IamLucy:
social media relationship
Why wouldn't you? Any persons stories?
Re: Social Media Love : Real Or False ? by IamLucy(f): 9:33pm On Dec 24, 2015
virud:

Why wouldn't you? Any persons stories?
the bad news we read about social media relationship is enough to make one rethink.
Re: Social Media Love : Real Or False ? by virud: 10:08pm On Dec 24, 2015
IamLucy:
the bad news we read about social media relationship is enough to make one rethink.
'Love' wouldn't permit them to see it, until things go awry.

1 Like

Re: Social Media Love : Real Or False ? by Theophinio(m): 11:43am On May 03, 2016
virud:
I have heard and read about some couples that met via social media and things have worked out just perfect. They had their unique challenges and have managed to sail through. Glory be to God. Yet, I believe social media love is more damning than all that.

The problem with falling in love with someone's two-dimensional Facebook/Nairaland/Social-Media profile is that you never know what lies beyond that sparkling smile in front of the Taj Mahal. After all, his photos might just be the most exciting thing about him/her. Many people post/publish things they would never dream of saying in real life.

The personal notes of a person's profile on social media will never give you an accurate representation of the reality. We create the image that we want to convey through our activity on social media. It's much easier to convey the "reality" that we want to portray on the Internet than to live it in real life. My own Facebook profile portrays a character; the real me is much more complex. It would be easy to choose a boyfriend/girlfriend or future wife/husband based on information from his/her social-media presence, but the longevity of a relationship resulting from such matchmaking techniques would probably be about equal to your techno's battery life.

The truth is that the content and character of a possible love should be revealed in layers. The development of a fruitful relationship takes effort, and it is impossible to reach a level of depth with a person by meticulously parsing his Facebook or other social media profiles.

Sure, social media can provide supplemental reading when studying a person's qualifications as a potential plus-one, but you are wasting your time if you use things like Facebook/Nairaland/Instagram to learn about the content required to answer all the right questions.

When it comes to dating and mating, sometimes it helps to unplug in order to connect, before all of a sudden you are questioning the real connection you had with him.

It's beats me dead. Always.
How does one suddenly 'love' someone they barely know (save for a couple of posts and probably photoshoped pictures)
How does one begin to really feel true attraction to someone they are not friends with
How can you profess unending and undying love to some random stranger on the internet
On what basis did the supposed 'love' grow
You're not friends? You don't know what she / he likes? You don't know what the other person despises.
You don't know their personal outlook on live?
You don't know what/who they really are (save for your limited online impression)

This is my personal opinion - Insults are not felicitations.
Gracias..
The chance of feeling true attraction for someone you met online (social networks) is extremely slim
It mostly boils down to

#LUST
Re: Social Media Love : Real Or False ? by virud: 11:58am On May 03, 2016
Theophinio:

The chance of feeling true attraction for someone you met online (social networks) is extremely slim
It mostly boils down to

#LUST
shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Social Media Love : Real Or False ? by halfricanadian(f): 12:00pm On May 03, 2016
False cos d other person cam b a beast in d making
Re: Social Media Love : Real Or False ? by virud: 6:06pm On May 06, 2016
halfricanadian:
False cos d other person cam b a beast in d making
Mind sharing some experiences

(1) (2) (Reply)

Doctor Masturbates, Ejaculates On Face Of Unconscious Patient / The Only Woman That Allowed Me Suck Her Breast Without Asking For Iphone 6 Is... / Closed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.