Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,069 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:09 AM

Kachikwu: Subsidy Removal Will Not Affect Pump Price - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kachikwu: Subsidy Removal Will Not Affect Pump Price (22783 Views)

Ekweremadu’s Removal Will Divide Nigeria – Archbishop Chukwuma Cautions Buhari / Kachikwu: Subsidy Removal To Save N16.4bn Monthly For Govt / Tinubu To Jonathan In 2012: Subsidy Removal Will Bring Hardship On The People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kachikwu: Subsidy Removal Will Not Affect Pump Price by joseph1832(m): 8:21am On Dec 19, 2015
Thank God he said "may not", so what if it does affect pump price, who will bear the brunt? Obviously not him.
Re: Kachikwu: Subsidy Removal Will Not Affect Pump Price by osazeeblue01: 8:29am On Dec 19, 2015
Lying era
Re: Kachikwu: Subsidy Removal Will Not Affect Pump Price by Sijo01(f): 8:53am On Dec 19, 2015
It bera not.
Re: Kachikwu: Subsidy Removal Will Not Affect Pump Price by mrdela: 8:58am On Dec 19, 2015
Ok
Re: Kachikwu: Subsidy Removal Will Not Affect Pump Price by Btruth: 9:01am On Dec 19, 2015
mployer:

They are all good at telling lies...

This is not about telling lies, this is about realistic part of the business. I will appreciate any man that made me realize what is happening than those who will keep telling us that the economy is doing well, when actually the country is in a mess. We are now in the era of accountability. Ride on Mr. Kachikwu, God will see you guys through IJN.

1 Like

Re: Kachikwu: Subsidy Removal Will Not Affect Pump Price by Judolisco(m): 9:01am On Dec 19, 2015
D nigga is not even sure 'may not'
Re: Kachikwu: Subsidy Removal Will Not Affect Pump Price by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:04am On Dec 19, 2015
Subsidy removal is the only way to go. I agree with Kachukwu on this
Re: Kachikwu: Subsidy Removal Will Not Affect Pump Price by Nobody: 9:09am On Dec 19, 2015
thunder
Re: Kachikwu: Subsidy Removal Will Not Affect Pump Price by anytexy: 9:10am On Dec 19, 2015
APC Zombies take note of "may not" before you start your praise songs. Meanwhile, we must occupy Ojota if....
Re: Kachikwu: Subsidy Removal Will Not Affect Pump Price by Owliver(m): 9:10am On Dec 19, 2015
Cpumping:
we shall still protest sha, just for the fun of it
lmao
Re: Kachikwu: Subsidy Removal Will Not Affect Pump Price by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 9:12am On Dec 19, 2015
Freegift75:

Last administration could not be trusted with the subsidy removal. It was glaring then and that was why we all protested against the removal.

But now we have new administration that the masses rely and believe. The leadership of this present dispensation is trustworthy and that's why we all support the removal.

Watchout, NLC will have no doubt but to support
Pastor Tunde Bakare also has been whispering, echoing the removal for over three months now. They all know Buhari will see stealing as corruption.

No To Subsidy
How many you are We?
Re: Kachikwu: Subsidy Removal Will Not Affect Pump Price by hugoboss70(m): 9:12am On Dec 19, 2015
Oga junior minister am currently buying ur subsidized version at #140. How do u den thing ur unsubsidizied version will be cheaper?? Ur may apply some tricks to make it cheaper at first but me and u know our romance with d cheap version won't last for too long
Re: Kachikwu: Subsidy Removal Will Not Affect Pump Price by Abbeycity88(m): 9:12am On Dec 19, 2015
lets hope n look forward to gud change
Re: Kachikwu: Subsidy Removal Will Not Affect Pump Price by anytexy: 9:14am On Dec 19, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
Subsidy removal is the only way to go. I agree with Kachukwu on this
I want to believe you agreed with last administration too, when they wanted to.., or were you among those that occupied Ojota in protest against the removal..?
Re: Kachikwu: Subsidy Removal Will Not Affect Pump Price by drss(m): 9:18am On Dec 19, 2015
Freegift75:

Last administration could not be trusted with the subsidy removal. It was glaring then and that was why we all protested against the removal.

But now we have new administration that the masses rely and believe. The leadership of this present dispensation is trustworthy and that's why we all support the removal.

Watchout, NLC will have no doubt but to support
Pastor Tunde Bakare also has been whispering, echoing the removal for over three months now. They all know Buhari will see stealing as corruption.

No To Subsidy
hhahahahahaha two hypocrites consoling demselves to justify their fuel subsidy protest. cheesy una never see sometin yet.

1 Like

Re: Kachikwu: Subsidy Removal Will Not Affect Pump Price by Nobody: 9:19am On Dec 19, 2015
Cpumping:
we shall still protest sha, just for the fun of it

Hahaha. Won't be joining you in that, friend.
Re: Kachikwu: Subsidy Removal Will Not Affect Pump Price by freshvine(f): 9:19am On Dec 19, 2015
omenka:
There's no gainsaying there's gonna be a severe slash in subsidy payments in the forthcoming year given the whispers about the policy in government circles.

Given the state of our financial fortunes at the moment, it is absolutely imperative that the policy be done away with and the monies saved from so doing channeled into the development of critical infrastructure to stimulate the economic growth and development we all yearn for.

With just a few nairas that was saved from subsidy removal some years ago, we all saw what Baba did with PTF. The projects, most of which are still visible to this day due to their quality, bear testament to Baba's prudence and sincerity when it comes to usage of funds.

I believe he can do it again if given the chance.

I know some folks would wanna call me a hypocrite for being supportive of this when I stood firmly against it in the last admin. Let me state for the record and for the last time, most of us who did did so because of the sleaze that was the hallmark of Jonathan's admin. We knew nothing good would come out of it and indeed we were proven right by the revelations made by Christopher Kolade, the guy appointed to manage the funds saved from the partial removal: SURE-p was a humongous scam.

It shall be well with Nigeria.

I expect Dullardihoo to wave some magic wand so that things can work effectively to at least save you of your numerous justification and undesirable excuses.

Sorry buddy, it seems your task is getting tougher than you anticipate everyday.

Back to the present economic doldrums, with subsidy, petrol is being sold way above regulated pump price today, what economic indices is this minister using to forecast market regulations even without the subsidy? Telling us that the demand force will less than supply or aggregately, demand will meet supply at an equilibrium state making price constant even without local production?

They Chant agents promise us to stabilise world oil price and make the dollar equal to naira. That's to say in the international market, our balance of trade will have no deficit. In fact a healthy economy to say the least.

I don't know about the rest of Nigerians but I've accepted reality that I've been scammed.

7 Likes

Re: Kachikwu: Subsidy Removal Will Not Affect Pump Price by billyG(m): 9:20am On Dec 19, 2015
mployer:

Which government are you trusting? This hypocritical government that said it doesn't know what subsidy is?

Keep getting brainwashed.
Me self &100milln naijas dnt still know what petrol subsidy means.
Re: Kachikwu: Subsidy Removal Will Not Affect Pump Price by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:20am On Dec 19, 2015
anytexy:
I want to believe you agreed with last administration too, when they wanted to.., or were you among those that occupied Ojota in protest against the removal..?
No, I didn't agree with the last admin and I protested in Ojota. The reason is simple..
Re: Kachikwu: Subsidy Removal Will Not Affect Pump Price by tunene66: 9:22am On Dec 19, 2015
Let's say d truth. The reason why Govt will not spend much on oil subsidy n can do away with it in 2016 is because the price of crude oil on the market is too low. Price is presently below US 40.
It's therefore not a matter of efficiency or productivity, it's primarily because with no subsidy at the current crude prices PMS shouldn't cost more than 100 naira
Re: Kachikwu: Subsidy Removal Will Not Affect Pump Price by PHIPEX(m): 9:28am On Dec 19, 2015
This govt should stop speaking in tongues. Remove subsidy if you want to or forget it. Which one is 'we will not remove it but we will spend less on it", how is that different from Obasanjo style of spending less on subsidy and NLC fruitless reactions of strikes? You are already spending less on it since crude price is in all time low. Subsidy system in Nigeria is filled with fraud, whether fuel or fertilizer.

The only thing I demand is an apology from all those that went to dance at Ojota 3yrs ago in the name of subsidy protest.

2 Likes

Re: Kachikwu: Subsidy Removal Will Not Affect Pump Price by freshvine(f): 9:35am On Dec 19, 2015
tunene66:
Let's say d truth. The reason why Govt will not spend much on oil subsidy n can do away with it in 2016 is because the price of crude oil on the market is too low. Price is presently below US 40.
It's therefore not a matter of efficiency or productivity, it's primarily because with no subsidy at the current crude prices PMS shouldn't cost more than 100 naira

You're not versed in international economics. Nigeria is a monolithic economy and our dependence on oil is the bane for our underdevelopment.

In the international market, oil is our comparative advantage and when there's a sharp drop in price, Nigeria government will devalue the naira to cushion deficit at the expense of its citizenry.

Practically, as oil drops, government will devalue naira making you pay same amount you paid when they'd subsidized.
Re: Kachikwu: Subsidy Removal Will Not Affect Pump Price by jamst2(m): 9:36am On Dec 19, 2015
'subsidy' is a hoax...it is just a pretest to keep increasing the price of petrol which is suppose to be cheap.
Re: Kachikwu: Subsidy Removal Will Not Affect Pump Price by G1gbolahan: 9:38am On Dec 19, 2015
Subsidy removal right now is inevitable. With our stalling economy, fall in oil price, and tight government purse. It is a venture government cannot continue to fund. Those trying to picture this with when GEJ tried it are only being mischievous. When GEJ tried removing, oil was not selling for this low and besides, we also now have a government without a Diezani or Dasuki, hence we can trust these funds will be properly utilised. Subsidy must go now

1 Like

Re: Kachikwu: Subsidy Removal Will Not Affect Pump Price by nezer83: 9:40am On Dec 19, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

No, I didn't agree with the last admin and I protested in Ojota. The reason is simple..

Mr Man your hypocrisy smells more than a rotten dead rat.

2 Likes

Re: Kachikwu: Subsidy Removal Will Not Affect Pump Price by austynoh: 9:40am On Dec 19, 2015
okay I am watching with my 3D eye-glass cool has events unfold...So much drama and intrigues surrounding this subsidy removal. embarassed
Re: Kachikwu: Subsidy Removal Will Not Affect Pump Price by G1gbolahan: 9:40am On Dec 19, 2015
PHIPEX:
This govt should stop speaking in tongues. Remove subsidy if you want to or forget it. Which one is 'we will not remove it but we will spend less on it", how is that different from Obasanjo style of spending less on subsidy and NLC fruitless reactions of strikes? You are already spending less on it since crude price is in all time low. Subsidy system in Nigeria is filled with fraud, whether fuel or fertilizer.

The only thing I demand is an apology from all those that went to dance at Ojota 3yrs ago in the name of subsidy protest.
There is a lot of difference between now and then. Firstly, Nigeria was then still earning about triple what we earn today from oil as oil price was not this low. Secondly, we chose not to trust Diezani and Dasuki with subsidy funds, which was wise. So sorry, but No apologies

1 Like

Re: Kachikwu: Subsidy Removal Will Not Affect Pump Price by julimax(m): 9:45am On Dec 19, 2015
Hypocrite

Check out my signature
Re: Kachikwu: Subsidy Removal Will Not Affect Pump Price by Nobody: 9:45am On Dec 19, 2015
Nigerians and simple economics. At 87 we are over buying. Subsidy ended when crude was below 50 and we are buying at 87...imagine kiss......see jonathan wanted to remove subsidy when price was 107 and sell at 137 that will be....137-107=30...30/107*100=28%

Buhari.......87-37=50....50/37*100=135...Jesus who is fooling who...APC make una do the right thing for once na??

2 Likes

Re: Kachikwu: Subsidy Removal Will Not Affect Pump Price by lawydewy(m): 9:46am On Dec 19, 2015
mployer:

I wonder why crude oil is price is falling in the world market but the pump price here is not falling. I guess somebody's profit margins is increasing everyday.
Mr sentimentalcrat......
You cultivated tomatoes and pepper but no granding machine.
no oil, no maggi,no palm oil,and even no water them.
you have to transport 'to and fro' grand them.
wat of firewood
Bros! it is logical reasoning
don't say crude oil prices are going down them pump prices should go down.
it wil only work for those who have refineries......
it will only work, if we have stable and mega functional refineries.......
Thank you
Re: Kachikwu: Subsidy Removal Will Not Affect Pump Price by egobetatoday: 9:47am On Dec 19, 2015
ChappyChase:
And can some one tell me how it gonna work? Abi no be naija we dey again?

u dey mind them?:all these people hailing the move to the extent of comparing it with Gejs tenure will be missen online when we start buying a liter for 250 next year (na today mtchewww). May God help the common man under buharis govt. We still have 3.5 lonnggggg years to go. SO SCARY!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Adeosun NYSC Certificate Saga: Presidency Orders Probe Of Alleged Scandal.. / Akpabio Loses Bid To Hijack Akwa Ibom APC / 2 Days Blackout, For 6 States, Critical Transmission Line To Be Complet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.