Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,615 members, 7,820,182 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:01 AM

Must See: The 10 Things You Should Know Before Dating A Funny Guy - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Must See: The 10 Things You Should Know Before Dating A Funny Guy (3150 Views)

Dating A Guy Who Barely Calls Or Texts And Sometimes Ignore #Confused / 10 Things You Should Know Before Dating A Funny Guy / When A Girl Is Dating A Guy Who Is Not Ready For Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Must See: The 10 Things You Should Know Before Dating A Funny Guy by dtermined(m): 7:27am On Dec 21, 2015
1. We’re guaranteed to make your day better, Had a crappy day at work? Get in a fight with your best friend? You know that if you call us up to hang out, we’ll get you laughing, right?

2. Funny guys are like garlic: bland stuff suddenly gets way better. We’ll make even boring stuff awesome. Do you have to go help your brother move out of his dorm? Bring us along. Awkward family wedding? Check and see if you get a plus-one.

3. We hate being called “funny guys.” On a personal note, I hate writing this and even self-identifying as being funny.
If people introduce us as funny or ask us to tell a joke on the spot, we’ll retreat into our (probably) metaphorical shells.

4. Yes, we will make jokes during serious talks. Bear with us and don’t get mad.

Sometimes we can’t resist making a so-bad-it’s-really-bad-and-almost-good pun or throwing out an actually good one-liner.
These moments might come during a serious talk about where our relationship is headed. Brace yourself.

5. But that doesn’t mean we can’t be serious. Half the time we’re making jokes, we’re still taking things seriously.
But we’re not about to start screaming, “HEY, GANG! WHAT’S THE DEAL WITH DEATH, HUH? WHERE DO WE GO WHEN WE DIE? WHAT’S THE BIG IDEA?” at your great aunt’s funeral like some terrible stand-up.

We are not insane. We still understand societal norms.

6. Just because we can crack some jokes doesn’t mean we secretly want to break into comedy. Most of us are content with just making people laugh.

Don’t keep pushing us to take an improv class unless we bring it up. And if we do, get ready for long, weird hours and lots of questions about whether or not a particular joke is funny as we quadruple-guess ourselves.

7. Get ready for us to be really elitist about some of your favorite TV shows. F.uck The Big Bang Theory. Let’s move on.

8. THERE’S PAIN BEHIND THESE EYES. All right, let’s dial it down a bit, but just because we’re making jokes doesn’t mean we’re constantly happy-go-lucky.

If anything, it’s a defense mechanism. Even if we’re laughing, just check in with us sometimes.

9. We can’t always be “on” with you. While our friends typically get our whole funny shtick 24/7, you’re not always going to get that with us. Sometimes we need to be boring and unfunny.

10. We are your secret weapon at office dinner parties. We’ll charm the hell out of anyone you need us to. Your boss? Your coworkers? That weird guy you can’t quite figure out? We’re all best friends now. We are like locksmiths but with people.

http://www.infogistz.com/2015/12/must-see-10-things-you-should-know.html

2 Likes

Re: Must See: The 10 Things You Should Know Before Dating A Funny Guy by BTT(m): 7:30am On Dec 21, 2015
Nothing like good old wit and humour.
Re: Must See: The 10 Things You Should Know Before Dating A Funny Guy by Nobody: 7:31am On Dec 21, 2015
Interesting.
Re: Must See: The 10 Things You Should Know Before Dating A Funny Guy by Nobody: 7:31am On Dec 21, 2015
Hmm. . This is relative o.
Funny guys get friendzoned a lot..

Im a sanguine, an uncontrollable sanguine, i can make people laugh, trust me, this does not make me a ladies man..

Only two girls have fallen for me cos of my sense of humor.. The rest, i dont even know what they see. I once dated a girl , i can count the number of times she laughed at my jokes.. The girl na confirm sadist.. In the same vein, my ex girlfriend got attracted to me coz of my sense of humor.. This girl likes talking hen, in fact, we are the perfect match.. She did not even for once notice my looks, Anytime im around her, she will just laugh at 80% of wat i say.. It gets annoying sometimes sef... She was always fun to talk to, i still dont get why i let her go She was like my best friend..

On the other hand, some girls are just dormant , i mean very dormant, if you like, be funny more than basket mouth, it wont move them.. I once talked to a girl for close to 5mins, she only smiled once, i was just angry, i was racking my brain to make her laugh and maybe, fall for me, the girl just lock up, na so me too, i vex, leave the girl.. I cant go out with a sadist biko

p.s,
funny sanguine people get unnecessary attention a lot, sometimes, u will want to be alone and calm, buh people around you will want you to talk and make them laugh,

it also attracts Ugly girls.. Very ugly girls.

2 Likes

Re: Must See: The 10 Things You Should Know Before Dating A Funny Guy by iceberylin(m): 7:32am On Dec 21, 2015
11) we aren't doing this to get FriendZoned...
Re: Must See: The 10 Things You Should Know Before Dating A Funny Guy by obiorathesubtle: 7:34am On Dec 21, 2015
undecided wizkid and davido.. Who dance pass?
Re: Must See: The 10 Things You Should Know Before Dating A Funny Guy by Nobody: 7:34am On Dec 21, 2015
iceberylin:
tell them bro.. Tell them
Re: Must See: The 10 Things You Should Know Before Dating A Funny Guy by falconey(m): 7:40am On Dec 21, 2015
is van gaal still in man united? Being funny isn't getting use 3points.
Re: Must See: The 10 Things You Should Know Before Dating A Funny Guy by greatness22(m): 7:42am On Dec 21, 2015
"Good Sense of Humour" thats one of top qualities.
Re: Must See: The 10 Things You Should Know Before Dating A Funny Guy by TopeQs: 7:42am On Dec 21, 2015
iceberylin:
viickerz:

tell them bro.. Tell them

I don't know about you..........but I kinda think it's getting ME friend-zoned........cry
Re: Must See: The 10 Things You Should Know Before Dating A Funny Guy by Lattop(m): 7:45am On Dec 21, 2015
Just passinggringringrin
Re: Must See: The 10 Things You Should Know Before Dating A Funny Guy by iceberylin(m): 7:52am On Dec 21, 2015
TopeQs:

I don't know about you..........but I kinda think it's getting ME friend-zoned........cry

Mehnnnn.....Usually lands us there...

I just hide mine till the relationship kicks off..
Re: Must See: The 10 Things You Should Know Before Dating A Funny Guy by Nobody: 7:55am On Dec 21, 2015
TopeQs:

hmm, i feel ur pain bro, not all girls like funny guys.. I think its 50_50.. Half of them like funny guys. The other half, i dont know wat they like
Only two girls have actually fallen for me cos of my sense of humor, the others, its either money or, i dont even know wetin they see..
As a guy, my selling point is my sense of humor, and unfortunately, i have not been getting a lot of buyers

One of my older cousins who is a 'pro' in the game told me not to worry, that we should just keep on being funny, sooner or later, the girls will come... I pray they come sooner oo..
Re: Must See: The 10 Things You Should Know Before Dating A Funny Guy by Khd95(m): 8:02am On Dec 21, 2015
Having a massive sense of humour nd wit helps alot,as frends tends to count on u for good laugh nd nice moments

but girls find it difficult to believe me when ever i take a shot,even though i ve been 'green-lighted' by themcrycry

they think its just the regular me,cracking em up
Re: Must See: The 10 Things You Should Know Before Dating A Funny Guy by Sunexy(m): 8:03am On Dec 21, 2015
viickerz:

hmm, i feel ur pain bro, not all girls like funny guys.. I think its 50_50.. Half of them like funny guys. The other half, i dont know wat they like
Only two girls have actually fallen for me cos of my sense of humor, the others, its either money or, i dont even know wetin they see..
As a guy, my selling point is my sense of humor, and unfortunately, i have not been getting a lot of buyers

One of my older cousins who is a 'pro' in the game told me not to worry, that we should just keep on being funny, sooner or later, the GIRLS will come... I pray they come sooner oo..
So u wanto use ur sense of humor to cheat on gals abi??...
THIS IS WHY GOD WUNT MAKE GALS COME TO U
Re: Must See: The 10 Things You Should Know Before Dating A Funny Guy by Khd95(m): 8:03am On Dec 21, 2015
viickerz:

One of my older cousins who is a 'pro' in the game told me not to worry, that we should just keep on being funny, sooner or later, the girls will come... I pray they come sooner oo..
same here man,just that i ve plenty buyers,but the problem is that,they hardly take me serious or believe me,when ever i make moves,it sometimes take me lotta days to convince themgrin
Re: Must See: The 10 Things You Should Know Before Dating A Funny Guy by tosyne2much(m): 8:05am On Dec 21, 2015
OP, you are so on point cool
Re: Must See: The 10 Things You Should Know Before Dating A Funny Guy by cuvox(m): 8:07am On Dec 21, 2015
proudly sanguine
Re: Must See: The 10 Things You Should Know Before Dating A Funny Guy by TopeQs: 8:07am On Dec 21, 2015
viickerz:

you, two girls....... You try nah.

I can't come and go and kill myself nah..........not taking ME serious is just one of the issues I have with been funny, but it's still me, even if I refuse to be funny one way or the other I'll end up making everyone laugh with that statement or another......

well, that's life sooner or later..........your one and only go show face......as you said, just hoping it's sooner.
Re: Must See: The 10 Things You Should Know Before Dating A Funny Guy by Nobody: 8:07am On Dec 21, 2015
Aww. I love this. I've always had a knack for guys with a good sense of humor. I happen to have a lot of such friends.. My siblings too. Clownish ppl. Lol.
Re: Must See: The 10 Things You Should Know Before Dating A Funny Guy by KELVINXY: 8:08am On Dec 21, 2015
I have a good sense of humor buh I don't usually put it into use when approaching a gurl,
cus most of them thinks that funny guys are not always serious.
so I bury my humors down till something serious kicks off,

and she will be like: I don't even knw u're these funny cheesy

ps: gurls luv mysteries wink, don't always be a joker.
so be a man and not a boy undecided to avoid being friend zoned

1 Like

Re: Must See: The 10 Things You Should Know Before Dating A Funny Guy by TopeQs: 8:09am On Dec 21, 2015
Khd95:
same here man,just that i ve plenty buyers,but the problem is that,they hardly take me serious or believe me,when ever i make moves,it sometimes take me lotta days to convince themgrin

they'll take person as clown........I can relate to this...cry
Re: Must See: The 10 Things You Should Know Before Dating A Funny Guy by Nobody: 8:09am On Dec 21, 2015
What bout Funny Girls??cry

We still exist, ya know?cool
Re: Must See: The 10 Things You Should Know Before Dating A Funny Guy by MzPecs(f): 8:11am On Dec 21, 2015
iceberylin:
Are you a funny guy too? smiley
Re: Must See: The 10 Things You Should Know Before Dating A Funny Guy by TopeQs: 8:11am On Dec 21, 2015
iceberylin:

Mehnnnn.....Usually lands us there...

I just hide mine till the relationship kicks off..
true though.......but I can't hide myself, even if I don't talk my friends will be like, guy, something is wrong with you.....

so I can't hide it or I'll be BORING......which isn't me.
Re: Must See: The 10 Things You Should Know Before Dating A Funny Guy by Nobody: 8:12am On Dec 21, 2015
I admire guys who are jovial in nature but it should be done in moderation and at the right time.
Re: Must See: The 10 Things You Should Know Before Dating A Funny Guy by TopeQs: 8:13am On Dec 21, 2015
Estharfabian:
how many percentage of girls are funny.........?
very few......I believe..
Re: Must See: The 10 Things You Should Know Before Dating A Funny Guy by cuvox(m): 8:13am On Dec 21, 2015
TopeQs:

tell her you love her at the beginning of the friendship... being a funny guy helps you find out if the girl loves you Na. there are ways you go about it....

also, don't do that "I want us to be friends before we start dating " thingy... even if you want to be friends first, let her know your intentions too
Re: Must See: The 10 Things You Should Know Before Dating A Funny Guy by Sunexy(m): 8:13am On Dec 21, 2015
Estharfabian:

Baby, u ain't funny na...we both know dat
Re: Must See: The 10 Things You Should Know Before Dating A Funny Guy by cuvox(m): 8:14am On Dec 21, 2015
Khd95:
Having a massive sense of humour nd wit helps alot,as frends tends to count on u for good laugh nd nice moments

but girls find it difficult to believe me when ever i take a shot,even though i ve been 'green-lighted' by themcrycry

they think its just the regular me,cracking em up

welcome to my world bro. but I still do find my way out
Re: Must See: The 10 Things You Should Know Before Dating A Funny Guy by Nobody: 8:17am On Dec 21, 2015
TopeQs:

how many percentage of girls are funny.........?

very few......I believe..
In the real sense, girls are way Hilarious than Guys....undecided

Guys only make jokes about Morinho...Vampessi and the rest...(If i got the spelling right?)

Girls make Real jokes...cool About Makeups, New hairdo's, new shoes, boys and the rest...Things that actually matter!wink
Re: Must See: The 10 Things You Should Know Before Dating A Funny Guy by Nobody: 8:17am On Dec 21, 2015
Sunexy:

Baby, u ain't funny na...we both know dat
crycrycryMe??

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Girlfriend Is Misbehaving, She Doesn't Give Me Attention Anymore / Is This Pretty Girl In Her Right Senses? / Ladies !!!! Get In Here Abeg

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.