Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,999 members, 7,814,411 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:28 PM

11 Annoying Things About Yaba Market - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 11 Annoying Things About Yaba Market (27669 Views)

Annoying Things That Happen Every Time You Have To Enter A Bank(Photos) / Yaba Market Demolished By Lagos State Government (Photos) / 5 Annoying Things Anyone That Uses A Nigerian Bank Can Understand (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 11 Annoying Things About Yaba Market by bqlekan(m): 11:20pm On Dec 25, 2015
great write up..
Re: 11 Annoying Things About Yaba Market by Nobody: 1:47pm On Dec 28, 2015
Selling okrika on rail tracks and Tejuoso ultramodern shopping facility is abandoned
Re: 11 Annoying Things About Yaba Market by elvisdaniels(m): 1:54pm On Dec 28, 2015
Before I price any item, I usually say.”Promise me you are not going to insult me when I state the price I have.”

I cant stop laughing like your scared for the future of your generation from their curses.... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: 11 Annoying Things About Yaba Market by Nobody: 1:54pm On Dec 28, 2015
That moment when a yaba trader gives you his asking price and what you have in your pocket is = asking price/10 ...But you're too scared to say it out because it sounds ridiculous and also there's a crowd of other traders watching at the entrance of the shop

3 Likes

Re: 11 Annoying Things About Yaba Market by Paschalp(m): 1:55pm On Dec 28, 2015
Oloshos everywhere!!!!! Shea u forgot that one
Re: 11 Annoying Things About Yaba Market by lukaino(m): 1:56pm On Dec 28, 2015
Is this not the same yaba market where those igbo boys touch female customers bossoms under the guise of urging them to come and buy. Those guys are perverts.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 11 Annoying Things About Yaba Market by temmytope1234(f): 2:01pm On Dec 28, 2015
That's exactly how they are.... lol
Re: 11 Annoying Things About Yaba Market by Xone3(f): 2:02pm On Dec 28, 2015
Abeg. Where dem Dey sell curtain material for yaba
Re: 11 Annoying Things About Yaba Market by Nobody: 2:02pm On Dec 28, 2015
Naso e be everywhere o. Don't even try the ones in Aba, they will kill your career.
One day I was in the market, somewhere around Ngwa road... next thing person hold my waist, with two hands o... like say na im get the waist. I use speed turn, come see one small boy, chai! I told that guy something he would never forget.

Cc: priscaoge. Na your brothers dey do this thing, perverts everywhere...
Re: 11 Annoying Things About Yaba Market by Nobody: 2:03pm On Dec 28, 2015
This is what we also experience in ogbete market here in Enugu...I taya for them oo

1 Like

Re: 11 Annoying Things About Yaba Market by Nobody: 2:05pm On Dec 28, 2015
lukaino:
Is this not the same yaba market where those igbo boys touch female customers bossoms under the guise of urging them to come and buy. Those guys are perverts.
lol..u be mumu I swear!
Re: 11 Annoying Things About Yaba Market by Jaquar456: 2:06pm On Dec 28, 2015
It is clear fro this thread that omotola is a regular at Yaba market. And yet she claims that only her husband goes to the market cos 'she can't'. Nigerian Hollywood actress wannabes who are barely able to maintain a comfortable life forming since 1995.
Re: 11 Annoying Things About Yaba Market by kraftsta(m): 2:06pm On Dec 28, 2015
Atk01:
Very funny! cheesy
This is synonymous with almost all the markets in Lagos, not Yaba alone.

"Sister, na the price wey I buy am for market na em I dey give you so. I no add five naira join am." And they start swearing with ev
erything they have just to prove it. undecided

Lmbo
Re: 11 Annoying Things About Yaba Market by allanphash7(m): 2:09pm On Dec 28, 2015
You didnt make mention of curtin crew now
whizqueen:
I couldn't have said it any better.

The one that pisses me off the most is those annoying guys always holding and dragging someone's hand. "sister I get correct Jean oo. Shey na leggings you dey find? I get fine colours and patterns. My color, , come now... I go give you better price" undecided *dollar or gold* crew sef dey vex me

Those hairdressers, do they really get customers? cos I can't just imagine going to anyhow person to make my hair. Never!

Lalasticlala food is ready grin
Re: 11 Annoying Things About Yaba Market by AreaFada2: 2:09pm On Dec 28, 2015
Lol
Re: 11 Annoying Things About Yaba Market by Ijaya123: 2:19pm On Dec 28, 2015
Who are those set of people in the market and where are they from? Just asking because they seem very uncultured.
Re: 11 Annoying Things About Yaba Market by tammie24: 2:19pm On Dec 28, 2015
Very funny
Re: 11 Annoying Things About Yaba Market by stevedre: 2:19pm On Dec 28, 2015
Nice write up. For me to read this your long write up means you have a talent in writting, consider blogging or writting books/novels when ever you can. Now back to the topic, all i can say is... MOST PARTS OF LAGOS NA WAH ! not only iyaba oo grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: 11 Annoying Things About Yaba Market by ademega(m): 2:20pm On Dec 28, 2015
yaba market where second hand wedding gown is sold
Re: 11 Annoying Things About Yaba Market by Nobody: 2:23pm On Dec 28, 2015
Kachisbarbie:
Naso e be everywhere o. Don't even try the ones in Aba, they will kill your career.
One day I was in the market, somewhere around Ngwa road... next thing person hold my waist, with two hands o... like say na im get the waist. I use speed turn, come see one small boy, chai! I told that guy something he would never forget.

Na your brothers dey do this thing, perverts everywhere...
Tufiakwa
Re: 11 Annoying Things About Yaba Market by showreals(m): 2:26pm On Dec 28, 2015

7 Likes

Re: 11 Annoying Things About Yaba Market by UjSizzle(f): 2:28pm On Dec 28, 2015
Yaba dey learn for where Onitsha main market dey cheesy

All those oso afia people (affiliate marketers) will even take you round the market while you shop. Then afterwards they'll ask for your phone number and lunch grin

But Yaba is annoying o especially those curtain sellers.
Re: 11 Annoying Things About Yaba Market by HDee(m): 2:33pm On Dec 28, 2015
Lol.. Very funny
Re: 11 Annoying Things About Yaba Market by dacool1(m): 2:37pm On Dec 28, 2015
Lagos is really crazy
Re: 11 Annoying Things About Yaba Market by astrid97(f): 2:40pm On Dec 28, 2015
Not only in Lagos. I had to get something along this popular market in my state, one igbo guy just threw trouser on my face telling me to buy (na by force), i was thrilled with anger and i jejely threw the trouser on the busy road, next thing the guy started to abuse mama...ehehe, i almost fought that day even tho i knew the guy was going to finish me. It was that day i vowed to always bring pocket knife to market (lol). Not being tribalistic tho, but these igbo traders get bad mouth, dm no dey chill at all.

1 Like

Re: 11 Annoying Things About Yaba Market by Stanbeto: 2:42pm On Dec 28, 2015
Dis guy be lik say en do IT for yaba market o
Re: 11 Annoying Things About Yaba Market by astrid97(f): 2:42pm On Dec 28, 2015
Not only in Lagos. I had to get something along this popular market in my state, one igbo guy just threw trouser on my face telling me to buy (na by force), i was thrilled with anger and i jejely threw the trouser on the busy road, next thing the guy started to abuse mama...ehehe, i almost fought that day. Not being tribalistic tho, but these igbo traders get bad mouth, dm no dey chill at all.
Re: 11 Annoying Things About Yaba Market by Nobody: 2:43pm On Dec 28, 2015
Naijasinglegirl:
The mallams at the entrance ALWAYS thinking you are there to change naira to dollars in this unstable economic environment. I can’t even remember the last time I held a dollar.
The traders beckoning at passerby’s not caring if they passing to work. And the aggressive traders waiting to pull your hands roughly once you approach the market. My hands are always sore by the time I get home.
You can’t haggle prices
Yaba traders are known for their ferocious tongue. They’ll smile & ask you to state a price for their wares and if you under price them, they’ll curse your future, present and past generation. Before I price any item, I usually say.”Promise me you are not going to insult me when I state the price I have.”

No freedom of movement
Once a particular trader notices you’ve passed his shade more than thrice without stopping, he’ll inform his fellow traders and they’ll all take their turns to throw jabs at you.

You can’t go through a trader wares for more than five minutes without picking an item. Stay longer and you’ll start hearing nonsense like,
“See, looku looku why you dey scatter my market. Disappear olosho.”
“Oya, commot for here useless girl.”
There was a time I was going through a bail of skirts and after 5 mins, the trader impatiently said. “Abi you dey find the new skirt style wey get legs for my market?”

They decide what you buy
I was ransacking a stock of tops and the trader asked what I was looking for. I told him I needed a black crop top and the guy raised his head to say I am very stupid. That he had a bail of nice tops and rather than pick a decent one, I wanted a crop top so I can roam around Lagos naked.
I quietly left.

Liars everywhere
A trader would swear on his ancestor grave that he has the midi skirt you are looking for then make you walk the length of the railway with him only to produce an ugly dinner gown that is totally unrelated with what you asked for.
And then the ones that would say you need to shop with them cos Omotola just left their shop.

Majority are illiterates
I also asked another trader for a kimono.
“Kimo wetin?” He said.
“Kimono!” I repeated, “Don’t you know it?”
He replied, “See your mouth like kimimi? E be like say you don drink come market. Common commot for here!”

Yaba Affiliates Traders
These set of people are very annoying. They have no stock but spend their time sourcing for customers to take those they have “deals” with so they inflate the price of wares and get as much as 30 percent commission in some cases.

Watch out for the crooks
I walked into a shop and asked if they had a black dress. The trader told me to sit that they had very nice dresses if I was patient enough to wait. Moments after, he went into an inner room and emerged with a bottle of maltina. I told him it wasn’t necessary but he insisted he is usually very nice to customers and opened the drink. I collected it and placed it on the ground beside me. After waiting for an eternity, he threw the most ugly navy blue dress I have ever seen in my life at me. I told him I don’t like it & I need to leave. He said I was very stupid that he would make me regret entering his shop if I don’t drop N150 for the free malt.

Your hair is never nice enough
The hairdressers at the railway will always beckon at you to change your hairstyle no matter how new or nice your hair looks.

Silly pet names
My colour, my type, miss world, agbani, Genevieve, Omo sexy, my wife, ashawo etc. And the very annoying traders that would ask in all seriousness how your mother and father are doing. Or how you look so much like their sister in the village.

[b]They assume every girl is a UNILAG student
[/b]Even when you look like you are in your late 60’s or you arrive in a Ferrari, they keep promising to give you ‘student price’ if you shop with them or how you will look good if you wear a particular dress to school.

http://naijasinglegirl.com/annoying-things-about-yaba-market/
You're absolutely right! The most annoying one is when you've just spent a few thousands making your hair,only for them to be asking you'"aunty you wan do your hair?" I frequent that market a lot and I hate it when they start with their silly ways of hustling for customers,like "my colour! My in-law,tomatoe jos, mummy!,etc If you don't have enough money please avoid tejuosho/yaba market if you don't want to be embarrassed or insulted!
Re: 11 Annoying Things About Yaba Market by chibwike(m): 2:53pm On Dec 28, 2015
Kachisbarbie:

Cc: priscaoge. Na your brothers dey do this thing, perverts everywhere...
What did you tell him
Re: 11 Annoying Things About Yaba Market by justmenoni: 2:56pm On Dec 28, 2015
I don't need to check the op's username to know it's from no one than NSS,,, sister u always got Mr ROTFLMAO... I beg u be oga
Re: 11 Annoying Things About Yaba Market by Nobody: 2:58pm On Dec 28, 2015
Dis gal Sabi yaba market finish... Choiiii
Re: 11 Annoying Things About Yaba Market by engrjacuzzi: 3:00pm On Dec 28, 2015
my girlfriend had to make her hair at yaba market just by the rail lines, only for her to end up visiting the salon to have her hair cut.
yaba is all about scam

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Naira: Concerns Over Fresh Threat From Crypto Traders / Ten Types Of People You Will Find In The Bank This Last Day Of BVN / Fear Over MPC Outcome Fuels Naira Appreciation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.