Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,027 members, 7,814,509 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:06 PM

11 Annoying Things About Yaba Market - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 11 Annoying Things About Yaba Market (27670 Views)

Annoying Things That Happen Every Time You Have To Enter A Bank(Photos) / Yaba Market Demolished By Lagos State Government (Photos) / 5 Annoying Things Anyone That Uses A Nigerian Bank Can Understand (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 11 Annoying Things About Yaba Market by Nobody: 3:00pm On Dec 28, 2015
chibwike:
What did you tell him
I can't even remember but I know I insulted him and he didn't respond, I was sooo angry. The other traders were apologising on his behalf say im oga just bring am from village, na "oso ahia" im dey do.

CFCfan:

Tufiakwa
nna ehn, nnukwu aru!
This waist my husband paid plenty money to acquire wholesale... can you imagine? angry
Re: 11 Annoying Things About Yaba Market by madjune(m): 3:00pm On Dec 28, 2015
Naturalis ta post=41 257 541:
They haven't moved from there.They are still there.The market has been rebuilt.In fact I have a shop there where I sell natural hair products ranging from leave in conditioners hair mayonnaise and so much more.My shop number is A2061.You get free braid and weave on cleaning of your scalp on every purchase of our products.Ialso have nice wedges for big feet.

Good to sell your market sharperly...

But I must say Yana market isn't what it used to be ever since it was rebuilt after the great fire in the early 2000s.

In the 90s till 2004, I can rightly say if you find yourself around Tabs market, starting from those along the railway lines; you can spend the whole day there as you can't see enough of good things to buy.
Re: 11 Annoying Things About Yaba Market by ajuwarhodes(f): 3:04pm On Dec 28, 2015
shumuel:
These points are everything about Lagos State, and its what makes it fun.

So Naijasinglegirl, na Yaba you dey go, Cats out of the bags tongue

kikiki Lol grin

What's this one saying? What's wrong with going to yaba market? No be katangora ur babe dey go
Re: 11 Annoying Things About Yaba Market by Orikinla(m): 3:16pm On Dec 28, 2015
Naijasinglegirl:
The mallams at the entrance ALWAYS thinking you are there to change naira to dollars in this unstable economic environment. I can’t even remember the last time I held a dollar.
The traders beckoning at passerby’s not caring if they passing to work. And the aggressive traders waiting to pull your hands roughly once you approach the market. My hands are always sore by the time I get home.
You can’t haggle prices
Yaba traders are known for their ferocious tongue. They’ll smile & ask you to state a price for their wares and if you under price them, they’ll curse your future, present and past generation. Before I price any item, I usually say.”Promise me you are not going to insult me when I state the price I have.”

No freedom of movement
Once a particular trader notices you’ve passed his shade more than thrice without stopping, he’ll inform his fellow traders and they’ll all take their turns to throw jabs at you.

You can’t go through a trader wares for more than five minutes without picking an item. Stay longer and you’ll start hearing nonsense like,
“See, looku looku why you dey scatter my market. Disappear olosho.”
“Oya, commot for here useless girl.”
There was a time I was going through a bail of skirts and after 5 mins, the trader impatiently said. “Abi you dey find the new skirt style wey get legs for my market?”

They decide what you buy
I was ransacking a stock of tops and the trader asked what I was looking for. I told him I needed a black crop top and the guy raised his head to say I am very stupid. That he had a bail of nice tops and rather than pick a decent one, I wanted a crop top so I can roam around Lagos naked.
I quietly left.

Liars everywhere
A trader would swear on his ancestor grave that he has the midi skirt you are looking for then make you walk the length of the railway with him only to produce an ugly dinner gown that is totally unrelated with what you asked for.
And then the ones that would say you need to shop with them cos Omotola just left their shop.

Majority are illiterates
I also asked another trader for a kimono.
“Kimo wetin?” He said.
“Kimono!” I repeated, “Don’t you know it?”
He replied, “See your mouth like kimimi? E be like say you don drink come market. Common commot for here!”

Yaba Affiliates Traders
These set of people are very annoying. They have no stock but spend their time sourcing for customers to take those they have “deals” with so they inflate the price of wares and get as much as 30 percent commission in some cases.

Watch out for the crooks
I walked into a shop and asked if they had a black dress. The trader told me to sit that they had very nice dresses if I was patient enough to wait. Moments after, he went into an inner room and emerged with a bottle of maltina. I told him it wasn’t necessary but he insisted he is usually very nice to customers and opened the drink. I collected it and placed it on the ground beside me. After waiting for an eternity, he threw the most ugly navy blue dress I have ever seen in my life at me. I told him I don’t like it & I need to leave. He said I was very stupid that he would make me regret entering his shop if I don’t drop N150 for the free malt.

Your hair is never nice enough
The hairdressers at the railway will always beckon at you to change your hairstyle no matter how new or nice your hair looks.

Silly pet names
My colour, my type, miss world, agbani, Genevieve, Omo sexy, my wife, ashawo etc. And the very annoying traders that would ask in all seriousness how your mother and father are doing. Or how you look so much like their sister in the village.

[b]They assume every girl is a UNILAG student
[/b]Even when you look like you are in your late 60’s or you arrive in a Ferrari, they keep promising to give you ‘student price’ if you shop with them or how you will look good if you wear a particular dress to school.

http://naijasinglegirl.com/annoying-things-about-yaba-market/
grin
Re: 11 Annoying Things About Yaba Market by Nobody: 3:35pm On Dec 28, 2015
Kachisbarbie:

nna ehn, nnukwu aru!
This waist my husband paid plenty money to acquire wholesale... can you imagine? angry
cheesy
That means bride-price in Abia is on the high side.
Re: 11 Annoying Things About Yaba Market by airsaylongcon: 4:42pm On Dec 28, 2015
Naturalista:
They haven't moved from there.They are still there.The market has been rebuilt.In fact I have a shop there where I sell natural hair products ranging from leave in conditioners hair mayonnaise and so much more.My shop number is A2061.You get free braid and weave on cleaning of your scalp on every purchase of our products.Ialso have nice wedges for big feet.

God bless the ladies from SE. Ever since I simultaneously dated two of them in 2012/2013 (and nearly died in the process) I have come to love and better understand ndigbo. GOD BLESS YOUR HUSTLE

1 Like

Re: 11 Annoying Things About Yaba Market by Revolva(m): 5:43pm On Dec 28, 2015
A lot od mad pple in the market..that should ave a room at d yaba psychiatric home yaba left
Re: 11 Annoying Things About Yaba Market by jflexy(m): 6:12pm On Dec 28, 2015
Naturalista:
see as u take style dey advertise grin
Re: 11 Annoying Things About Yaba Market by whizqueen(f): 6:18pm On Dec 28, 2015
allanphash7:
You didnt make mention of curtin crew now
Exactly! How can I forget?

They always have an album photo of all kinds of cotton you can ever see. And according to them they have all. Meanwhile most of them don't even own a shop undecided
Re: 11 Annoying Things About Yaba Market by Lolaabokoku(f): 6:41pm On Dec 28, 2015
Na here Genevieve dey buy.. Na mumu dey go boutique.. Lol
Re: 11 Annoying Things About Yaba Market by Evidence1000(m): 6:47pm On Dec 28, 2015
From the beginning, I knew it would only be naijasinglegirl that can write this. Babe you're just too much.
Re: 11 Annoying Things About Yaba Market by allanphash7(m): 7:22pm On Dec 28, 2015
Baby abeg where do you reside to have known all this
whizqueen:

Exactly! How can I forget?

They always have an album photo of all kinds of cotton you can ever see. And according to them they have all. Meanwhile most of them don't even own a shop undecided
Re: 11 Annoying Things About Yaba Market by otiigba1(m): 9:06pm On Dec 28, 2015
Very funny, girl! Have considered writing comedy grin grin, this is brilliant comedy .
Re: 11 Annoying Things About Yaba Market by ada2604(f): 11:09pm On Dec 28, 2015
Jaquar456:
It is clear fro this thread that omotola is a regular at Yaba market. And yet she claims that only her husband goes to the market cos 'she can't'. Nigerian Hollywood actress wannabes who are barely able to maintain a comfortable life forming since 1995.
really! are u a big joke, or u tryna b, ohh u blive d sellers that omotola or other celebrity wud leave their hood to yaba not considering fame, tym nd distsnce. cos yaba iz d only place clothes are manufactured not even sold
Re: 11 Annoying Things About Yaba Market by easy(m): 10:53am On Dec 29, 2015
On point. Very well written.
Re: 11 Annoying Things About Yaba Market by priscaoge(f): 11:38am On Dec 29, 2015
Kachisbarbie:
Naso e be everywhere o. Don't even try the ones in Aba, they will kill your career.
One day I was in the market, somewhere around Ngwa road... next thing person hold my waist, with two hands o... like say na im get the waist. I use speed turn, come see one small boy, chai! I told that guy something he would never forget.

Cc: priscaoge. Na your brothers dey do this thing, perverts everywhere...

cheesy cheesy cheesy Those Ngwa road boys are pervs maka Chukwu cheesy

Na so I dey for Calabar Carnival yesterday evening, due to d crowd at Mary Slessor roundabout, I decided to go down a bit. Omo one yeye Skolombo boy come stand for my back, begin chook me em "Thing" shocked shocked. At first I didn't notice because people were pushing and all. It happened again and I turned, only for the guy to use his hand and cover em "Thing", smiled and said sorry shocked shocked shocked shocked. I screamed and pushed him, then I called a Mopol guy that was standing at d front, before I could turn piaaaaaam d boy don vanish sad angry angry
Re: 11 Annoying Things About Yaba Market by francizy(m): 12:01pm On Dec 29, 2015
priscaoge:

Na so I dey for Calabar Carnival yesterday evening, due to d crowd at Mary Slessor roundabout, I decided to go down a bit. Omo one yeye Skolombo boy come stand for my back, begin chook me em "Thing" shocked shocked. At first I didn't notice because people were pushing and all. It happened again and I turned, only for the guy to use his hand and cover em "Thing", smiled and said sorry shocked shocked shocked shocked. I screamed and pushed him, then I called a Mopol guy that was standing at d front, before I could turn piaaaaaam d boy don vanish sad angry angry

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 11 Annoying Things About Yaba Market by priscaoge(f): 1:00pm On Dec 29, 2015
francizy:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

U are laughing at me? Jisike angry angry
Re: 11 Annoying Things About Yaba Market by francizy(m): 1:08pm On Dec 29, 2015
priscaoge:

U are laughing at me? Jisike angry angry

Dearie, was laughing only cuz it sounded funny na.. Pele smiley

1 Like

Re: 11 Annoying Things About Yaba Market by priscaoge(f): 1:19pm On Dec 29, 2015
francizy:

Dearie, was laughing only cuz it sounded funny na.. Pele smiley

cry cry cry cry
Re: 11 Annoying Things About Yaba Market by francizy(m): 1:22pm On Dec 29, 2015
priscaoge:

cry cry cry cry

Ndonu na!

You should have called me so that I cut off that sharp object he was stabbing you with.. grin
Re: 11 Annoying Things About Yaba Market by priscaoge(f): 1:54pm On Dec 29, 2015
francizy:

Ndonu na!

You should have called me so that I cut off that sharp object he was stabbing you with.. grin

He's lucky shaaa, cos d next iiiidiot that will try it eehhh won't be that lucky. I will drag that "thing" out and serve him to eat. Umu Ewu undecided
Re: 11 Annoying Things About Yaba Market by Nobody: 4:43pm On Dec 29, 2015
priscaoge:

You're yet to tell me what's attracting this skolombo boys to you, I know your bumbum is attractive, but there is more to it. grin
Care to share?
Re: 11 Annoying Things About Yaba Market by shumuel(m): 9:08pm On Dec 29, 2015
ajuwarhodes:

What's this one saying? What's wrong with going to yaba market? No be katangora ur babe dey go

kikiki Lol, am sure you are my supposed babe's friend, right ?
Coz am very sure you both go together, to have known tongue
Re: 11 Annoying Things About Yaba Market by priscaoge(f): 10:04pm On Dec 29, 2015
Kachisbarbie:

You're yet to tell me what's attracting this skolombo boys to you, I know your bumbum is attractive, but there is more to it. grin
Care to share?

Hahahahah, my height tongue tongue tongue
Re: 11 Annoying Things About Yaba Market by rev2214(m): 10:39pm On Dec 29, 2015
Na market place anything can happen. open one eye and close one.
Re: 11 Annoying Things About Yaba Market by Homeyfav: 4:39am On Apr 05, 2018
]';,.-9

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Naira: Concerns Over Fresh Threat From Crypto Traders / Ten Types Of People You Will Find In The Bank This Last Day Of BVN / Fear Over MPC Outcome Fuels Naira Appreciation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.