Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,692 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:52 PM

What The NNPC And The FG Would Never Tell You About The Kaduna Refinery - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What The NNPC And The FG Would Never Tell You About The Kaduna Refinery (42909 Views)

The Real Meaning Of NNPC And DSS By Reno Omokri / Photos Of President Buhari On Arrival At The Kaduna Airport / Avengers Bomb NNPC And Chevron Pipelines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What The NNPC And The FG Would Never Tell You About The Kaduna Refinery by Raskasal(m): 12:31pm On Dec 22, 2015
I seem not to understand why some people derives pleasure in saying and hearing bad comments about Nigeria or Nigerians. KADUNA REFINERY was closed some months back for efficiency purpose, and now re opened. Are we saying government can't fix the flaws in this refinery? Even if it doesn't, isn't still it's burden to provide fuel for Nigerians?
Re: What The NNPC And The FG Would Never Tell You About The Kaduna Refinery by bamac(m): 12:32pm On Dec 22, 2015
If NNPC nor FG couldn't tell us we are ok with the fact that you have told us since you don't like to keep public information to yourself... So nice of you.
Re: What The NNPC And The FG Would Never Tell You About The Kaduna Refinery by Nobody: 12:33pm On Dec 22, 2015
samofson:
Abeg they should come out and tell us the truth. The people refining crude oil in illegal refineries in the creeks of the niger delta are those refineries digital

The fact is that it has never been cost effective to refine crude in kaduna due to its location. It's 100's of km away from the source and even if it's not compatible with our crude which is a fat lie, u will still need to transport the imported crude from lagos or pH to KD making it too expensive.

Let's be frank building a refinery in KD was a bad idea and it will be difficult to sell off because it will not give the owner any profits.

Aboki only thought of his own people.
We built a refinery so far away from the sea that even the Venezuelan heavy crude will still be carried by tankers or pipelines....
Stupid people.
Our "backwardness" as a nation is self inflicted and only true federalism will rescue us.
Re: What The NNPC And The FG Would Never Tell You About The Kaduna Refinery by Jwonder(m): 12:34pm On Dec 22, 2015
slimfit1:

Do you have an answer to the problem?

YES!!.
they should Channel the money they are about to waste on the Kaduna refinery to Port Harcourt refinery which can refine Nigeria's type of Crude oil.

Sheekina!
Re: What The NNPC And The FG Would Never Tell You About The Kaduna Refinery by meccuno: 12:35pm On Dec 22, 2015
IbokUtoroh:

Ok d refinery is up n running, can we now have fuel!
how will d refinery get its crude knowing fully well most of the pipelines supplying crude to this facility has long been vandalised.
i dont know who birth dis idea of buildng a refinery at a location whr thr is no port, waterway nor available resources!
obasanjo
Re: What The NNPC And The FG Would Never Tell You About The Kaduna Refinery by 400billionman: 12:36pm On Dec 22, 2015
Zombie.
Re: What The NNPC And The FG Would Never Tell You About The Kaduna Refinery by oluwafreshkid(m): 12:37pm On Dec 22, 2015
slimfit1:

It's just 7 months old mr man complain after 2 years.

After two years?
When $1 = N500
1 ltr petrol = 350?
And you get 5 hrs power in 2 weeks?

Haba bro...

1 Like

Re: What The NNPC And The FG Would Never Tell You About The Kaduna Refinery by Inspectahdeck(m): 12:37pm On Dec 22, 2015
Why didn't he do something about this mess when he was the Presidential Adviser on Petroleum Matters. Sabotage killed Nigeria’s system thus, nothing works.

For a few individuals to become wealthy (billionaires) almost all systems and structures of government was crippled.

Also, minsters, permanent secretaries, DG, party faithful etc. destabilized the government (system and structure) to enrich themselves.

I always wonder if our government/country can ever work again with all this issues and degraded systems, structures and mindset, and then I remember Singapore etc. And I have hope in my country that one day a messiah (person) will come and make things work.
Re: What The NNPC And The FG Would Never Tell You About The Kaduna Refinery by jayloms: 12:38pm On Dec 22, 2015
MizMyColi:

All we are saying is, instead of having to import crude, which btw, we already have here in Nigeria, why not use the funds to power a refinery that can process our kind of crude instead of importing again.
Isn't the aim to ensure that Nigeria reduces imports to the barest minimum?

Should the refinery be abandoned to weeds?
Re: What The NNPC And The FG Would Never Tell You About The Kaduna Refinery by Nobody: 12:38pm On Dec 22, 2015
RockMaxi:

What is our problem in this country? We are the same set of people asking the govt to repair, now they have done that we are still shouting that the refinery is analogue based. Will the government be able to give a digitally controlled refinery that will equally satisfied those conditions under 7months.
I think criticism should be constructive and not otherwise.
The OP actually have some mischief up his sleeves when posting this article.

do you not understand what the problem with Kaduna ref or what the guy is saying? Kaduna was designed for the kind of crude we do not produce, for Kaduna to work, we have to import heavy crude. you cannot put diesel inside a car designed to run on petrol
Re: What The NNPC And The FG Would Never Tell You About The Kaduna Refinery by ToyinDipo(m): 12:38pm On Dec 22, 2015
MizMyColi:

All we are saying is, instead of having to import crude, which btw, we already have here in Nigeria, why not use the funds to power a refinery that can process our kind of crude instead of importing again.
Isn't the aim to ensure that Nigeria reduces imports to the barest minimum?

I get your point, the FG should focus on ensuring all our modern refineries work at 100% capacity, which I want to believe they are doing. But as long as all our modern refineries can't produce all the fuel we need, we should also look into our refineries meant for heavy oil, as a temporal measure. It still saves cost to import crude oil than refined oil.
Re: What The NNPC And The FG Would Never Tell You About The Kaduna Refinery by Jwonder(m): 12:39pm On Dec 22, 2015
ToyinDipo:

I guess you don't understand what I meant, I will retype it, but slowly this time. I was just saying I am against people castigating the FG for rehabilitating the refinery, because they felt it can't refine our light oil. Knowing that it can still serve some purposes. Which is more cost effective between making a product from purchased raw materials, and buying already made product?

By the way, how is the FG purposely laying to waste any refinery?

We have the Warri and PH refinery, which can refine our type of Crude oil, why didn't they fix those ones ?
Re: What The NNPC And The FG Would Never Tell You About The Kaduna Refinery by ToyinDipo(m): 12:40pm On Dec 22, 2015
Jwonder:

why not leave the Kaduna refinery and focus on the Port Harcourt own.

They shouldn't abandon any, though priority should be on PH own
Re: What The NNPC And The FG Would Never Tell You About The Kaduna Refinery by NavierStokes(m): 12:40pm On Dec 22, 2015
Eruditor:

The issue is that people like you who are not in the know are making hollow posts and generalizations and passing them off as fact.

When do you think the world will stop requiring energy from fossil fuels? When do you think oil will become extraneous to energy generation? Keep wailing and misleading yourself.

How many refineries worldwide refine light crude? What is Dr. Ibe Kachikwu's plans for the refineries and how does he plan to actualize it?

If you know the answers to the questions you won't have posted this nonsense.

You wouldn't be writing what you wrote here if you had any clue to what's at stake. It is common knowledge that at the moment companies are efficiently allocating their scarce resources to the most promising projects, all are working on the strategy of increasing production volumes and cutting down on exploration. Is there any rationale for an NNPC that is grappling with difficulties in paying cash calls and putting on hold several oil projects across the country that could have added barrels for us, going ahead to invest billions in desert exploration at this time? Increasing reserves is a good idea but all well run corporations around the world are giving less priority to that at the moment considering the harsh realities in the industry.
Also talking about refining, which do you think is easier to refine our Bonny light crude which had been the darling of the international or a venezuelan orinoco grade crude that is more difficult to refine and has been avoided by buyers in the market. Please don't mention me again if you can not put your arguments without referring to mine as "nonsense" we must not be of the same views, but I represent the views of experts in this industry.
Re: What The NNPC And The FG Would Never Tell You About The Kaduna Refinery by Nobody: 12:41pm On Dec 22, 2015
In Buhari's voice ufdate ds refinery and start working.
Re: What The NNPC And The FG Would Never Tell You About The Kaduna Refinery by ToyinDipo(m): 12:42pm On Dec 22, 2015
Jwonder:

We have the Warri and PH refinery, which can refine our type of Crude oil, why didn't they fix those ones ?

Bros, I want to believe they are working on it.
Re: What The NNPC And The FG Would Never Tell You About The Kaduna Refinery by Kokoaiye(m): 12:45pm On Dec 22, 2015
[quote author=Sweetguy25 post=41235362][/quote]

They are also expected to let us know if truly the FACILITY is incompatible with the nation's crude? What efforts are being made to transform it to a functional facility that has the capacity to refine the hitherto crude in the country?
Re: What The NNPC And The FG Would Never Tell You About The Kaduna Refinery by Jwonder(m): 12:46pm On Dec 22, 2015
ToyinDipo:

Bros, I want to believe they are working on it.
Continue believing. God will help you.

1 Like

Re: What The NNPC And The FG Would Never Tell You About The Kaduna Refinery by Nobody: 12:51pm On Dec 22, 2015
U may come and tell us that when u are in a good condition to sustain such claim. If FG wnt tell me, NNPC wnt tell us, what makes u the appropriate person to tell when u don't fit into any of the 2 bodies. What are the basis of the report. Come on, sometimes u insult your wisdom when u emphasis on baseless claims like this.. I can remeber, there was a time in this country that our refinery had to shutdown as a result of lack of storage for production. The storage was filled up by imported products. If anyone tells u Nigerian refining facilities doesn't meet international standard, ask the basis at which the person is raising that claim. As for me, it will be an insult for a medical doctor or school teacher to give me analysis of operation in oil and gas sector and expect me to agree with him or her..

1 Like

Re: What The NNPC And The FG Would Never Tell You About The Kaduna Refinery by bobby56(m): 12:52pm On Dec 22, 2015
NavierStokes:

Exactly my response to the guy, a refinery can refine heavy crude oil and you want to feed it with Nigeria's bonny light crude oil, how on earth is it supposed to work. This is just another avenue to meet the Kachikwu's December deadline and make a case why the refineries should not be sold off. Trust me a shortwhile from now we will hear about refineries operating at 1% efficiency. We want this country to work, but some people are hell bent on calling others wailers even in scenarios where we see our very scarce resources going bananas and being allocated to fruitless ventures. The case of 37billion to be spent on oil exploration in the lake chad basin comes to mind, at a time when many Major oil companies are cutting losses by writing off certain investments (Conoco wrote off over 400million dollars invested on a drillship, shell wrote off the canadian tar sands projects, While Nigerian government that claims to be broke and does not have money for cash calls on already explored projects is spending 37billion for desert exploration).
Thank you for this info. That is another means to siphoned money and the foolish APC Supporters would never see this, or perhaps, they are turning blind eyes to it. That's BUHARIGATE! in the making. But trust NORTHERNERS they would never INVESTIGATE this or allowed any Government to do so( because their 'MESSIAH') is involved. N25B PDTF Fund is a good example

1 Like

Re: What The NNPC And The FG Would Never Tell You About The Kaduna Refinery by Nobody: 12:58pm On Dec 22, 2015
Anasko:
this news is crap. did you mean that kaduna refinery is not refining nigeria"s crude oil since its inception? how can a refinery built base on foreign crude oil. this story get a k-leg

It has been so since inception. It was built to take a heavier crude than bonny light.
I guess they were thinking that one day Venezuela will want to refine their oil in Nigeria.
The equation changed when some dubious leaders wrecked us, built refineries in Trinidad and Tobago, Venezuela + few other countries and started importing their fuel.
We were meant to be true giant of Africa, no be for mouth, Na we kill ourselves...

3 Likes

Re: What The NNPC And The FG Would Never Tell You About The Kaduna Refinery by numen(m): 1:11pm On Dec 22, 2015
RockMaxi:

What is our problem in this country? We are the same set of people asking the govt to repair, now they have done that we are still shouting that the refinery is analogue based. Will the government be able to give a digitally controlled refinery that will equally satisfied those conditions under 7months.

I rarely reply (fact), but I saw your post and nearly lost hope for this country. Why would you kickstart an obsolete refinery that can only handle heavy crude when you know Forcados, Akwa Iboe and Bonny Light are all light crude? This is another fuel subsidy/rice quota scheme in the making. Soon, license will be given to shady coys with questionable ownership to import heavy crude to be refined in this refinery.

They said "Anything worth doing, is worth doing well" If Kaduna refinery is not Light crude compatible, there's no need rushing to make it operational. Come up with a reasonable timeline....give the contract to a reputable firm(with experience) to make it compatible with our crude and upgrade it's technology and machinery which will in turn boost it's output.
Re: What The NNPC And The FG Would Never Tell You About The Kaduna Refinery by nobilis: 1:13pm On Dec 22, 2015
Vicboi1:
This government would be the worst Nigeria ever had no clear direction. No visual policy. Nothing the only thing they can do is fight. Fight. Fight. Nigeria is in for a big surprise

Why are you pointing fingers at the current government?

Didn't Jonathan award contracts for the refurbishments of the refineries?
During the early days of Buhari's regime, when the refineries were touted to be about to start working effectively, were you not among those who quickly reminded Nigerians that it was Jonathan's handwork, and not Buhari's.

Now, why are u blaming Buhari and this present government that Kaduna refinery runs on outdated analogue technology?
Did Jonathan install advanced technology there and Buhari went and pulled it all out?

Oga, learn how to place the blame exactly where it should be.
Shalom!!

1 Like

Re: What The NNPC And The FG Would Never Tell You About The Kaduna Refinery by ajebuter(f): 1:20pm On Dec 22, 2015
slimfit1:

It's just 7 months old mr man complain after 2 years.

Yoruba adage comes to mind:

Nigbati e ba fi odun kan pilese were

Nigba wo lo ma to bu yin je?

Only a discerning mind would understand the meaning of that analogy.

Hopefully, you are one..

CC: Firefire

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What The NNPC And The FG Would Never Tell You About The Kaduna Refinery by ikorodureporta: 1:21pm On Dec 22, 2015
Sweetguy25:
Anybody getting excited by the recent news that the refinery was back on stream should dismiss that information and face the truth.

...one of thoz subsidy lies. They aint diff frm pdp
Re: What The NNPC And The FG Would Never Tell You About The Kaduna Refinery by ozoemenafn: 1:24pm On Dec 22, 2015
Seriously too much deceit and lies abound with these APC feefle kai
Re: What The NNPC And The FG Would Never Tell You About The Kaduna Refinery by nwakibie3(m): 1:31pm On Dec 22, 2015
GEJ and his economic team led by Okonjo Iweala asked us to save the money in the ECA but the governors said no and even took the FG to court over the matter.
GEJ agreed to share the money and today we are talking about Nigeria not having any savings?
GEJ and his economic team including the petroleum minister scrapped petroleum subsidy just to solve permanently the corruption, scarcity and high cost of imported refined petroleum products but the opposition kicked against it and mobilized Nigerians though the now exposed Occupy Nigeria group that I turned down their request to become one of the coordinators of the group because I told them their project appeared to be politically sponsored and not a patriotic one.
Today, there is serious fuel scarcity and the APC led FG not only appears to be but is actually clueless as regards how to solve the problem.
Which kain wahala be dis?
And you still believe GEJ and his people were clueless?
The only area I will fault GEJ remains in the area of not doing enough to stop the thieves looting our money. Apart from that, he did what he believed was the best for Nigeria though as usual he kept to the promise to keep the South East (with the worst Federal roads in Nigeria) under developed.
Bring GEJ, Okonjo Iweala and Diezani Madueke back today and in 3 weeks they will solve all these problems APC appear incapable of solving.
Everyday we are told we should blame GEJ and PDP for all the problems in Nigeria. Nonsense!!!
http://afamnnaji.com/2015/12/and-you-still-believe-gej-and-his-people-were-clueless/
Re: What The NNPC And The FG Would Never Tell You About The Kaduna Refinery by ngoziama: 1:35pm On Dec 22, 2015
Vicboi1:
This government would be the worst Nigeria ever had no clear direction. No visual policy. Nothing the only thing they can do is fight. Fight. Fight. Nigeria is in for a big surprise

@Vicboi1 you are right .it is expected.buhari was here in 1983 got outsed in '85. Since then he never went back to school, no paper ever presented by this man I guess, never a resource person in any international conference, not well grounded in terms of simple basic economics.understands only physical fight of corruption, never knew when germany came into being, knows not that angela merkel is a chancellor, never travelled wide throughout that period.alas the reason for the recent junketing.
Perhaps needed a house to be built by julius beger and a helipad for landing in daura.
Nigerians should analyse gejs regime and that of buhari.just bayelsa and kogi elections, see how people are being slaughtered all in the name of politics.
Buhari I dont envy you because at that age what else can I ask of my creator than to be a blessing to every generation that comes in contact with me, to be a blessing to my country.to ensure peace and build bridges.to forgive even my enemies and make history positively. However, I see the opposite in apc led government.

I see people dying of hunger, I see people turned into beggars, I see people regret voting for change, a damaging change.#Chai baba#
Re: What The NNPC And The FG Would Never Tell You About The Kaduna Refinery by amusadele: 1:43pm On Dec 22, 2015
themilanway:

Can I buy you a bottle of your favourite drink for this wonderful comment?

Some will never be happy whether Buhari get it right or wrong.I wish them Goodluck
What is Buhari getting right? This government is a total disapointment. It has no direction. if we are discussing corruption and the ALMIGHTY thieves, then we can agree that Buhari's government is in the moves
Re: What The NNPC And The FG Would Never Tell You About The Kaduna Refinery by jarofbeauty: 1:48pm On Dec 22, 2015
IbokUtoroh:

Ok d refinery is up n running, can we now have fuel!
how will d refinery get its crude knowing fully well most of the pipelines supplying crude to this facility has long been vandalised.
i dont know who birth dis idea of buildng a refinery at a location whr thr is no port, waterway nor available resources!
Who else but Buhari.

1 Like

Re: What The NNPC And The FG Would Never Tell You About The Kaduna Refinery by Montaque(m): 1:53pm On Dec 22, 2015
RockMaxi:

I see that you don't want the truth about this issue. even the ones the government doesn't want to tell you, somebody is telling u free of charge and u want to turn deaf ear.
The OP just told us why decades of refinery repairs hasn't helped us out of this conundrum of fuel scarcity.
Re: What The NNPC And The FG Would Never Tell You About The Kaduna Refinery by jarofbeauty: 1:53pm On Dec 22, 2015
MrPresident1:
It is now a monument grin

Testament to our collective cluelessness as a nation. Did the planners and builders of that refinery not know that Nigeria's crude is light and sweet so our local refinery should be designed to refine light sweet crude?

What is the wisdom in building the refinery in Kaduna in the first place?
Ask clueless Buhari. He built it when he was a Petroleum Minister. Building a refinery that can't refine our crude is the height of cluelessness. Is all about the oil. Why run a pipe all the way from South South to the North? ONYE OSHI.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Boko Haram Gave Me N200 To Detonate Explosive - Teenage Suicide Bomber / Saraki's Travails, APC's Loss And PDP's Gain / Kyari: Nigeria Has An Extradition Treaty With The US - Kingsley Moghalu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.