Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,701 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:02 PM

What The NNPC And The FG Would Never Tell You About The Kaduna Refinery - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What The NNPC And The FG Would Never Tell You About The Kaduna Refinery (42910 Views)

The Real Meaning Of NNPC And DSS By Reno Omokri / Photos Of President Buhari On Arrival At The Kaduna Airport / Avengers Bomb NNPC And Chevron Pipelines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What The NNPC And The FG Would Never Tell You About The Kaduna Refinery by Montaque(m): 1:57pm On Dec 22, 2015
IbokUtoroh:

Ok d refinery is up n running, can we now have fuel!
how will d refinery get its crude knowing fully well most of the pipelines supplying crude to this facility has long been vandalised.
i dont know who birth dis idea of buildng a refinery at a location whr thr is no port, waterway nor available resources!

It's for you to see how this country tries to balance natural inequalities
Re: What The NNPC And The FG Would Never Tell You About The Kaduna Refinery by kingrhirhs(m): 2:01pm On Dec 22, 2015
slimfit1:

It's just 7 months old mr man complain after 2 years.
after two years u will say wait for election. u dey see failure, u still
dey form.
Re: What The NNPC And The FG Would Never Tell You About The Kaduna Refinery by Eruditor: 2:02pm On Dec 22, 2015
NavierStokes:

You wouldn't be writing what you wrote here if you had any clue to what's at stake. It is common knowledge that at the moment companies are efficiently allocating their scarce resources to the most promising projects, all are working on the strategy of increasing production volumes and cutting down on exploration. Is there any rationale for an NNPC that is grappling with difficulties in paying cash calls and putting on hold several oil projects across the country that could have added barrels for us, going ahead to invest billions in desert exploration at this time? Increasing reserves is a good idea but all well run corporations around the world are giving less priority to that at the moment considering the harsh realities in the industry.
Also talking about refining, which do you think is easier to refine our Bonny light crude which had been the darling of the international or a venezuelan orinoco grade crude that is more difficult to refine and has been avoided by buyers in the market. Please don't mention me again if you can not put your arguments without referring to mine as "nonsense" we must not be of the same views, but I represent the views of experts in this industry.

ExxonMobil is currently at the Chad making the same explorations for hydrocarbons to up their production volumes. Such projects did not just start off on the back of the dwindling oil prices but have been ongoing especially in the days of many. NNPC will not be termed inane for doing similar even when we realise that the NE part of Nigeria shares a border with Chad.

The significance of doing that is because the price of crude will not forever stay down and the need for it will continually be on an exponential rise in the next 50 to 100 years. So if I have that type of knowledge, I won't abandon such viable areas like the NE when I know it could pay off handsomely in future. That's how to think long term.

Sure, some companies shed off various arms of their corporate structure and plans simply because the resources to be garnered from such plans was either less than the investment needed or that the concomitant challenges attributed with such an asset, makes the assets holistically non-profitable. For instance, Shell divested most of their onshore assets in Nigeria, but they are still very much into exploring deep offshore locations, aiming to produce more Hydrocarbons that will meet future energy demands.

Don't compare it to areas like shale oil and tar sands in Canada that whose E and P is very capital intensive but appeared viable when oil prices were above 120$. Now that they have dropped to below 40$ it just behooved the IOCs to abandon such projects. It is not the same situation with Nigeria.

As for our Darling Bonny light, hope you know it is always sold at a premium to brent and as such is more expensive. Hope you know that in the light of falling crude prices most major energy consumers have preferred to buy the cheaper, heavier crude and have abandoned our "darling crude". Hope you know China (which used to be our major client) has decided to purchase Angola's heavy crude. Hope you also know that most countries have refineries whose functions depends heavily on heavy crude, so it boggles the mind for you to think that Venezuelan crude is being avoided.

Just have this at the back of your mind when you claim experts share similar views with you because I believe I am not passing to you any views that many experts, including the GMD of NNPC, don't share.

I apologise for calling your views nonsense all the same.
Re: What The NNPC And The FG Would Never Tell You About The Kaduna Refinery by Akainzo(m): 2:30pm On Dec 22, 2015
NavierStokes:

Mr man did you read where they said the refineries would be able to refine heavy crude, or do we start importing venezuelan orinoco grade crude to feed our refineries.
Whatever is worth doing is worth doing well, they should save whatever amount and invest in the warri and port harcourt refineries that are designed to refine the BLCO.

Any knowledgeable person, the Guardian reporter and editors aren't, would by just a simple Google search, have learnt that Kaduna Refinery was DESIGNED from Day-One to refine heavy crude! So anyone making a sensational headline out of this over 20 year old information is a dunce!
Re: What The NNPC And The FG Would Never Tell You About The Kaduna Refinery by Rolings: 2:34pm On Dec 22, 2015
Sweetguy25:

I already know how this government will end. Nigerians deserve whatever befalls them.

Those who wish that Nigeria will never be good will not be alive to witness nigeria becomes great.
No be curse
Re: What The NNPC And The FG Would Never Tell You About The Kaduna Refinery by Jodesky(m): 2:41pm On Dec 22, 2015
cizy:
Blame Buhari because he built that ancient of days during his time as a petroleum minister under the world most corrupt dictator Abacha. It appears, that Buhari, due to his looting capacity and lack of fore site constructed that stone age crap which was listed as one of his useless achievements.

But I won't be surprised if some morônic sycopate blame the refinery wahala on GEJ..

Can you hear yourself?
Your ignorance level is legendary. That Buhari served as Petroleum Minister under Abacha( in your dreams?).
You must have attended one of those evening schools.

So we no go rest now as your kinsman don lose election.

Very brainless fellow.
Re: What The NNPC And The FG Would Never Tell You About The Kaduna Refinery by porka: 2:44pm On Dec 22, 2015
They are just wasting Nigeria's money through their incompetence.

They are even about to waste over N50b on prospecting for oil in the Chad Basin. At this time of a calamitous fiscal outlook, it is the height of wickedness to throw these amount of monies down the drain.
Re: What The NNPC And The FG Would Never Tell You About The Kaduna Refinery by psmile(m): 2:47pm On Dec 22, 2015
I am a contract staff in d maintenance dept of KRPC and I'll b honest here.
Agreed,d technology we use is outdated,more of analogue control systems.But I state here dat KRPC is fit,I repeat,KRPC is FIT to operate and refine crude oil for as long as it takes b4 we are transformed to d digital era.D refinery has so far bin well managed by its professional operators and maintenance engineers.Its true we've got obsolete tech equipment,but wat works,WORKS.

2 Likes

Re: What The NNPC And The FG Would Never Tell You About The Kaduna Refinery by erico2k2(m): 2:58pm On Dec 22, 2015
idu1:
you don't know what you are talking. PDP spent 16 year without anything tangible to show for it.... APC just took over and you hear writing trash.

Do you ve conscious at all
My friend relax u are acting as if you ain't Nigerian. Is it not dame thieves who crossed over to form APC?? SO IN all Honesty do you expect any diffrence?
Re: What The NNPC And The FG Would Never Tell You About The Kaduna Refinery by erico2k2(m): 3:00pm On Dec 22, 2015
psmile:
I am a contract staff in d maintenance dept of KRPC and I'll b honest here.
Agreed,d technology we use is outdated,more of analogue control systems.But I state here dat KRPC is fit,I repeat,KRPC is FIT to operate and refine crude oil for as long as it takes b4 we are transformed to d digital era.D refinery has so far bin well managed by its professional operators and maintenance engineers.Its true we've got obsolete tech equipment,but wat works,WORKS.
So wen was the last time you refined any crude??

1 Like

Re: What The NNPC And The FG Would Never Tell You About The Kaduna Refinery by mickey45: 3:01pm On Dec 22, 2015
cizy:
Blame Buhari because he built that ancient of days during his time as a petroleum minister under the world most corrupt dictator Abacha. It appears, that Buhari, due to his looting capacity and lack of fore site constructed that stone age crap which was listed as one of his useless achievements.

But I won't be surprised if some morônic sycopate blame the refinery wahala on GEJ..

GEJ deserves the blame now, after all he built an obsolete refinery, employed enough engineers to refine empty air and has been paying the retired ones pensions while the Unretired ones continue to get salaries till date refining air.

MrPresident1:
It is now a monument grin

Testament to our collective cluelessness as a nation. Did the planners and builders of that refinery not know that Nigeria's crude is light and sweet so our local refinery should be designed to refine light sweet crude?

What is the wisdom in building the refinery in Kaduna in the first place?

The way I see it, the same sense in building the Kaduna refinery is the reason Ajaokuta steel complex was sited where it is today,
" the powers that be" wanted their own copies of already succeeding interventions down south.

We all know what has become of both projects till date.

Yes it is good to be ambitious but it still beats one, (unless you can see the political undertones to the situation) why people will ignore obvious signs and still plunge into the ditch, why build a refinery that'll you'll need to import feedstock for, not to talk of having to transport same feedstock that far hinterland.
To talk of still maintaining the unwise investment will beat the crap out of somebody.

Someone once told me if an investment doesn't make sense from the onset it's no use hoping things'll change soon to favour it.

There's very little chance the Ajaokuta complex will ever be competitive/profitable unless Government continues to fund it.
Not when almost all other feedstock (lime/dolomite, Coal, repair parts etc.) except the iron ore itself have to be moved from the south (ports etc.)
Had we been able to surmount those hurdles, such products will still not be able to compete with their contemporaries from abroad so people will still go ahead and import (even if they have to smuggle it in)

Now as we speak, there are staffs there (Kad refinery, and Ajaokuta, some have even been promoted to very high levels, collecting salaries, gratuities and pensions, yet adding nothing to national productivity.

Almost Ditto for Adesina's rice program and the way it was handled.......

And our amiable presido is about to go explore for a rapidly depreciating resource up there (Make dem self fit talk sey dem get am or what?),

where as we have various solid minerals that only former Generals and key officials are codedly exporting for sale now, paying little if any tax or returns to govt..
Now that oil price is low though, maybe we'd be able to run that structure except for the added investment that'll be needed.

I'd rather we restore the other existing ones to full capacity and reinvest their profits into the Kaduna refinery for export purposes.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What The NNPC And The FG Would Never Tell You About The Kaduna Refinery by Chukazu: 3:05pm On Dec 22, 2015
Vicboi1:
This government would be the worst Nigeria ever had no clear direction. No visual policy. Nothing the only thing they can do is fight. Fight. Fight. Nigeria is in for a big surprise
is it the government that made the facility obsolete?
Re: What The NNPC And The FG Would Never Tell You About The Kaduna Refinery by MCRUEMUS: 3:19pm On Dec 22, 2015
RockMaxi:

What is our problem in this country? We are the same set of people asking the govt to repair, now they have done that we are still shouting that the refinery is analogue based. Will the government be able to give a digitally controlled refinery that will equally satisfied those conditions under 7months.
I think criticism should be constructive and not otherwise.
The OP actually have some mischief up his sleeves when posting this article.
WHAT IS MISCHIEVIOUS ABOUT D POST. HE JUST GAVE FACTS NOT RETHORICS NOR PROPANGADA. I THINK UR POST IS OP. THINGS NEED TO BE XPRES THE WAY THEY ARE FOR US TO MOVE FORWARD
Re: What The NNPC And The FG Would Never Tell You About The Kaduna Refinery by ANTONINEUTRON(m): 3:30pm On Dec 22, 2015
slimfit1:

That is procrastination!!
Re: What The NNPC And The FG Would Never Tell You About The Kaduna Refinery by emzila(m): 3:45pm On Dec 22, 2015
[quote author=Sweetguy25 post=41235362][/quote]
ZOMBIE, AT LEAST THE PRESIDENT LEFT IDEA BEHIND BUT UNFORTUNATELY THAT IDEA HAD NOT BEING MAINTAINED, PLEASE TELL ME THE IDEA GEJ LEAVE BEHIND THAT WILL BE EXISTING EVEN IN THE NEXT 10 YEARS?
Re: What The NNPC And The FG Would Never Tell You About The Kaduna Refinery by Nobody: 3:57pm On Dec 22, 2015
Make all of ona keep quiet for this forum NOW! Ona comment no dey make sense.
I can't even contribute because I won't make sense either.
Re: What The NNPC And The FG Would Never Tell You About The Kaduna Refinery by Bawsse(m): 4:36pm On Dec 22, 2015
repogirl:
Wetin concern Kaduna with refinery sef? undecided

Waste of space that they would have been using to grow vegetables.

You are a BASTARD for saying that and I'm Igbo.... Fool
Re: What The NNPC And The FG Would Never Tell You About The Kaduna Refinery by Reference(m): 4:37pm On Dec 22, 2015
And they have been spending billions on phantom TAM's pumping drugs when they know the patient is dead.
Re: What The NNPC And The FG Would Never Tell You About The Kaduna Refinery by dfellow(m): 4:38pm On Dec 22, 2015
[quote author=Sweetguy25 post=41235362][/quote]
With what standard of crude was the Kaduna refinery originally built for or has Nigerian crude changed its nomenclature over time?
Re: What The NNPC And The FG Would Never Tell You About The Kaduna Refinery by dustydee: 4:40pm On Dec 22, 2015
Sweetguy25:
It is an obsolete refinery that cannot function efficiently and effectively any longer.

Excerpts:

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/2015/10/why-fg-should-scrap-kaduna-refinery/

cc: lalasticlala

Sir, with all due respect, your position is flawed. The refinery can function effectively if properly maintained. If it could function well for several years after it was built, there's no reason why it shouldn't now if the properly maintained. There are older refineries in the US that operate near optimal capacity so why can't ours?

see rejoinder to your story here: https://www.nairaland.com/2817738/placing-egbogahs-advice-proper-perspective#41245672
Re: What The NNPC And The FG Would Never Tell You About The Kaduna Refinery by dfellow(m): 4:41pm On Dec 22, 2015
NavierStokes:

Mr man did you read where they said the refineries would be able to refine heavy crude, or do we start importing venezuelan orinoco grade crude to feed our refineries.
Whatever is worth doing is worth doing well, they should save whatever amount and invest in the warri and port harcourt refineries that are designed to refine the BLCO.
Was the kd refinery built to refine Venezuelan crude originally or Nigerian crude? Just asking.
Re: What The NNPC And The FG Would Never Tell You About The Kaduna Refinery by Nobody: 4:41pm On Dec 22, 2015
Sweetguy25:

He has every right to complain even if its 3 weeks into Buhari's government.

Your stupidity is bliss
Re: What The NNPC And The FG Would Never Tell You About The Kaduna Refinery by repogirl(f): 4:44pm On Dec 22, 2015
Bawsse:

You are a BASTARD for saying that and I'm Igbo.... Fool
your father is the village drunk and it seems you inherited his talent... Mo'ron..... What has your outdated and useless refinery don for you? Is it not wasting space? Reta'rded lunatic!

The outdated piece of extinct junk will create more revenue if it is used as a tourist site instead of sitting there, wasting space, gulping money meant for better things.

Go and advise your dullard slave master! Id'iot!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What The NNPC And The FG Would Never Tell You About The Kaduna Refinery by dayomike(m): 4:48pm On Dec 22, 2015
This government would be the worst Nigeria ever had no clear direction. No visual policy. Nothing the only thing they can do is fight. Fight. Fight. Nigeria is in for a big surprise.

Definitely it's going to b the worst for you and your family. as for me and my household, this govt is going to be the best ever witnessed.
Re: What The NNPC And The FG Would Never Tell You About The Kaduna Refinery by dayomike(m): 4:49pm On Dec 22, 2015
Vicboi1:
This government would be the worst Nigeria ever had no clear direction. No visual policy. Nothing the only thing they can do is fight. Fight. Fight. Nigeria is in for a big surprise

Definitely it's going to b the worst for you and your family. as for me and my household, this govt is going to be the best ever witnessed.
Re: What The NNPC And The FG Would Never Tell You About The Kaduna Refinery by cizy: 4:52pm On Dec 22, 2015
repogirl:
your father is the village drunk and it seems you inherited his talent... Mo'ron..... What has your outdated and useless refinery don for you? Is it not wasting space? Reta'rded lunatic!

The outdated piece of extinct junk will create more revenue if it is used as a tourist site instead of sitting there, wasting space, gulping money meant for better things.

Go and advise your dullard slave master! Id'iot!

The senseless buffoôn told you he's Igbo. I mean, like who gives a flying fûck if a goat is from the east? I think he should channel his frustration to his parent that had him outside wedlock rather than constituting nuisance here. By the way, you have time replying the stewpid lûnatic.

Btw, I love the bolded! I believe since it's the oldest refinery of the 21st century, it should be converted to a tourist site and will therefore generate more revenue... cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: What The NNPC And The FG Would Never Tell You About The Kaduna Refinery by repogirl(f): 4:56pm On Dec 22, 2015
I create time for special cases like his own.... I wonder why the id'iot thinks I care where he is from as if being Igbo makes him any less of a Mo'ron. undecided

cizy:

The senseless buffoôn told you he's Igbo. I mean, like who gives a flying fûck if a goat is from the east? I think he should channel his frustration to his parent that had him outside wedlock rather than constituting nuisance here. By the way, you have time replying the stewpid lûnatic.
Btw, I love the bolded! I believe since it's the oldest refinery of the 21st century, it should be converted to a tourist site and will therefore generate more revenue... cheesy grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What The NNPC And The FG Would Never Tell You About The Kaduna Refinery by 1miccza: 4:59pm On Dec 22, 2015
slimfit1:

That's if we would survive those two years right??
Re: What The NNPC And The FG Would Never Tell You About The Kaduna Refinery by 1miccza: 5:00pm On Dec 22, 2015
RockMaxi:

What is our problem in this country? We are the same set of people asking the govt to repair, now they have done that we are still shouting that the refinery is analogue based. Will the government be able to give a digitally controlled refinery that will equally satisfied those conditions under 7months.
I think criticism should be constructive and not otherwise.
The OP actually have some mischief up his sleeves when posting this article.

Bros no vex abeg do you actually know the implication of a refinery being analogue based??
Re: What The NNPC And The FG Would Never Tell You About The Kaduna Refinery by cizy: 5:00pm On Dec 22, 2015
repogirl:
I create time for special cases like his own.... I wonder why the id'iot thinks I care where he is from as if being Igbo makes him any less of a Mo'ron. undecided

No mind the îmbecilic entity jare!

I think we should write a letter to the dullardo in aso rock and give him your recommendations... cheesy

Imagine how much that ancient of days, stone age, analogue refinery can generate as a tourist center, considering the fact that it's the oldest refinery concept in the whole world at the moment.. grin

1 Like

Re: What The NNPC And The FG Would Never Tell You About The Kaduna Refinery by NavierStokes(m): 5:01pm On Dec 22, 2015
dfellow:

Was the kd refinery built to refine Venezuelan crude originally or Nigerian crude? Just asking.

Please read this article:
http://www.aneej.org/aneej-demand-accountability-nigeria-oil-swap-deals/
The crude oil swap was an arrangement from the onset 1977 to feed the kaduna refinery in particular with heavy oil from Venezuela.

In this article you find the claim that the refinery was designed from day one to refine crude different from the blend in the Niger Delta.
http://www.gamji.com/article6000/NEWS6314.htm

Every thing about that refinery should be questioned by any sane mind, its location, its purpose, even the feedstock to be used for her operations.

I hope this sheds more light.
Re: What The NNPC And The FG Would Never Tell You About The Kaduna Refinery by repogirl(f): 5:03pm On Dec 22, 2015
cizy:

No mind the îmbecilic entity jare!

I think we should write a letter to the dullardo in aso rock and give him your recommendations... cheesy

Imagine how much that ancient of days, stone age, analogue refinery can generate as a tourist center, considering the fact that it's the oldest refinery concept in the whole world at the moment.. grin
we should write the letter to hellrufai, he is the one advising Dull'ardinho at the moment. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Kyari: Nigeria Has An Extradition Treaty With The US - Kingsley Moghalu / Okorocha Riding Bicycle This Morning, Followed By His Security Team / Who Is Winning In Kaduna Governorship Election?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.