Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,223 members, 7,818,764 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:11 AM

What The NNPC And The FG Would Never Tell You About The Kaduna Refinery - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What The NNPC And The FG Would Never Tell You About The Kaduna Refinery (42911 Views)

The Real Meaning Of NNPC And DSS By Reno Omokri / Photos Of President Buhari On Arrival At The Kaduna Airport / Avengers Bomb NNPC And Chevron Pipelines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What The NNPC And The FG Would Never Tell You About The Kaduna Refinery by erico2k2(m): 5:04pm On Dec 22, 2015
Bawsse:

You are a BASTARD for saying that and I'm Igbo.... Fool
Why the insult.she is somehow right. What a waste piping crude to kana from the south.it would have been better to build another refinary in bayelsa or sapele close to crude source then pipe the product to the north.Economicaly that makes sense
Re: What The NNPC And The FG Would Never Tell You About The Kaduna Refinery by erico2k2(m): 5:05pm On Dec 22, 2015
NavierStokes:

Please read this article:
http://www.aneej.org/aneej-demand-accountability-nigeria-oil-swap-deals/
The crude oil swap was an arrangement from the onset 1977 to feed the kaduna refinery in particular with heavy oil from Venezuela.

In this article you find the claim that the refinery was designed from day one to refine crude different from the blend in the Niger Delta.
http://www.gamji.com/article6000/NEWS6314.htm

Every thing about that refinery should be questioned by any sane mind, its location, its purpose, even the feedstock to be used for her operations.

I hope this sheds more light.
Aha to feed from venuzuella ??Where was the sea port built to this effect?
Re: What The NNPC And The FG Would Never Tell You About The Kaduna Refinery by cizy: 5:07pm On Dec 22, 2015
repogirl:
we should write the letter to hellrufai, he is the one advising Dull'ardinho at the moment. grin

Well, since he's the unofficial VP, I think you're right... cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: What The NNPC And The FG Would Never Tell You About The Kaduna Refinery by nwakibie3(m): 5:17pm On Dec 22, 2015
IbokUtoroh:

Ok d refinery is up n running, can we now have fuel!
how will d refinery get its crude knowing fully well most of the pipelines supplying crude to this facility has long been vandalised.
i dont know who birth dis idea of buildng a refinery at a location whr thr is no port, waterway nor available resources!
Guy one bottle of origin for u for this ur wise comment.
Re: What The NNPC And The FG Would Never Tell You About The Kaduna Refinery by Nobody: 5:22pm On Dec 22, 2015
NavierStokes:

It's either you guys are dumb assume or too lazy to read.how will you allow one lazy writer to confuse you.there are info on the Internet on nnpc website about krpc feedstock.which is both local and foreign crude so guys wise up

Exactly my response to the guy, a refinery can refine heavy crude oil and you want to feed it with Nigeria's bonny light crude oil, how on earth is it supposed to work. This is just another avenue to meet the Kachikwu's December deadline and make a case why the refineries should not be sold off. Trust me a shortwhile from now we will hear about refineries operating at 1% efficiency. We want this country to work, but some people are hell bent on calling others wailers even in scenarios where we see our very scarce resources going bananas and being allocated to fruitless ventures. The case of 37billion to be spent on oil exploration in the lake chad basin comes to mind, at a time when many Major oil companies are cutting losses by writing off certain investments (Conoco wrote off over 400million dollars invested on a drillship, shell wrote off the canadian tar sands projects, While Nigerian government that claims to be broke and does not have money for cash calls on already explored projects is spending 37billion for desert exploration).
Re: What The NNPC And The FG Would Never Tell You About The Kaduna Refinery by Nobody: 5:24pm On Dec 22, 2015
Vicboi1:
This government would be the worst Nigeria ever had no clear direction. No visual policy. Nothing the only thing they can do is fight. Fight. Fight. Nigeria is in for a big surprise
one need not be told that you are one of the wailing wailers. did Badluck Jonathan who met our oil in good condition and left it in bad condition not aware of dz problem?
pdp ruled for 16 years and dy never told us the truth about the state of KPRC now you are busy attacking the govt of the masses with clear and purposeful intent of cleaning the generational mess left by your clueless Gej.
Re: What The NNPC And The FG Would Never Tell You About The Kaduna Refinery by otokx(m): 5:31pm On Dec 22, 2015
Spanner4:
Do we have Refineries in Naija?

We have PlayStation 1 type refineries in a world that is using PlayStaton 4.
Re: What The NNPC And The FG Would Never Tell You About The Kaduna Refinery by Nobody: 5:50pm On Dec 22, 2015
idu1:
you don't know what you are talking. PDP spent 16 year without anything tangible to show for it .... APC just took over and you hear writing trash.

Do you ve conscious at all

Dont you guys ever get tired of repeating this
is said that Friday when go good na from Monday (abi na Wednesday) dem dey know
Re: What The NNPC And The FG Would Never Tell You About The Kaduna Refinery by bankyman(m): 5:57pm On Dec 22, 2015
I don't think we have ever had heavy crude oil in this country so how can kaduna refinery refine heavy crude.... Sometimes we need to look deep at articles before we jump into unnecessary conclusions.

1 Like

Re: What The NNPC And The FG Would Never Tell You About The Kaduna Refinery by tinktanker: 6:03pm On Dec 22, 2015
Sweetguy25:

He has every right to complain even if its 3 weeks into Buhari's government.
d way apc been talk during the campaign period, u go think sey dem go do magic in one day.
Re: What The NNPC And The FG Would Never Tell You About The Kaduna Refinery by lawydewy(m): 6:10pm On Dec 22, 2015
I cannot comment on what I didn't see or know.
people should go to kaduna and comfirm may be is true.
that's the propaganda because they don't want it to work.
who
Thеrе аrе fоur countries whiсh I аm aware оf whеrе уоu
саn find light crude oil sellers. Thеу аrе nаmеlу Norway,
USA, Saudi Arabia, Canada, Mexico аnd Nigeria.
Thе light grades аrе lower in sulphur content, easy tо refine аnd produce bigger volumes оf diesel аnd оthеr еnd products оf petroleum. In Nigeria you саn find Bonny light crude oil
аnd Forcados. Thе standard оf these light crude oil varies
аnd thеir prices vary аѕ well. Yоu аlrеаdу knоw whу people
prefer tо buy light grade tо thе heavy grade. while orders in Nigeria are heavy crude.
source:As a Geologist.
cc: lalasticlala
Re: What The NNPC And The FG Would Never Tell You About The Kaduna Refinery by henryhemon(m): 6:13pm On Dec 22, 2015
bankyman:
I don't think we have ever had heavy crude oil in this country so how can kaduna refinery refine heavy crude.... Sometimes we need to look deep at articles before we jump into unnecessary conclusions.

What is refined in kaduna is called bonny light or Blco and it's not a heavy crude. I advise people until you grow to a certain point in life where you make unbias analysis you are still immature,so people are all about emotions and seniments. For instance I don't support APC shouting gej gej every time, we voted them in cuz we knew that one wasn't fit to rule that's why we chased him out for a change not fuel scarcity you still say blame Jonathan.
Re: What The NNPC And The FG Would Never Tell You About The Kaduna Refinery by lawydewy(m): 6:16pm On Dec 22, 2015
Sweetguy25:
It is an obsolete refinery that cannot function efficiently and effectively any longer.

Excerpts:

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/2015/10/why-fg-should-scrap-kaduna-refinery/

nnot comment on what I didn't see or know.
people should go to kaduna and comfirm may be is true.
that's the propaganda because they don't want it to work.
who
Thеrе аrе fоur countries whiсh I аm aware оf whеrе уоu
саn find light crude oil sellers. Thеу аrе nаmеlу Norway,
USA, Saudi Arabia, Canada, Mexico аnd Nigeria.
Thе light grades аrе lower in sulphur content, easy tо refine аnd produce bigger volumes оf diesel аnd оthеr еnd products оf petroleum. In Nigeria you саn find Bonny light crude oil
аnd Forcados. Thе standard оf these light crude oil varies
аnd thеir prices vary аѕ well. Yоu аlrеаdу knоw whу people
prefer tо buy light grade tо thе heavy grade. while orders in Nigeria are not realy heavy crude.All are averagely occur for market
source:As a Geologist.
Re: What The NNPC And The FG Would Never Tell You About The Kaduna Refinery by Jesusloveyou: 6:19pm On Dec 22, 2015
Sweetguy25:
Anybody getting excited by the recent news that the refinery was back on stream should dismiss that information and face the truth.
haba! Enemy of progress AKA - DE wailers

1 Like

Re: What The NNPC And The FG Would Never Tell You About The Kaduna Refinery by kulumo: 6:48pm On Dec 22, 2015
Sweetguy25:

I already know how this government will end. Nigerians deserve whatever befalls them.
For you, let it be to you according to your thoughts and confessions for Nigeria. That thing you know, it shall be unto you in all standard and ramification. May that your expectations befall you in 1000ways. As for me, I know Nigeria is on the right path and very few years from now I shall be proud to be a Nigerian. God will use this government to restore the lost glory of this great nation. For those who have contrary opinions regarding Kaduna Refinery, anytime you want to buy fuel at the gas stations, ask them if the product is from Kaduna and if so, don't buy. Kwanu? Enemies of progress from Babylon.

1 Like

Re: What The NNPC And The FG Would Never Tell You About The Kaduna Refinery by LSBF4: 6:55pm On Dec 22, 2015
Sweetguy25:

We should also wait for sixteen years abi?
afterall buhari did not create nigeria problem,he his only trying to help.
Re: What The NNPC And The FG Would Never Tell You About The Kaduna Refinery by duwdu: 6:56pm On Dec 22, 2015
The OP dug up the views expressed by Egboga during the early days of this administration - and as reported later in October - to fan the embers of doubt over the resolve of this administration to make things work. People like you, the OP, who claim to know better than those technicians and administrators in the field, will be disappointed when - not just if - the government just manages to pull this off, and bring the Kaduna refinery back on production.

For your information, Kachikwu himself, just a few months ago, in fact stated that the Kaduna refinery would rather be sold off by the end of this year. It is the same minister who is now saying that the same refinery would soon return to its production days. Go figure!

P34c3
Re: What The NNPC And The FG Would Never Tell You About The Kaduna Refinery by duwdu: 6:59pm On Dec 22, 2015
kulumo:

For you, let it be to you according to your thoughts and confessions for Nigeria. That thing you know, it shall be unto you in all standard and ramification. May that your expectations befall you in 1000ways. As for me, I know Nigeria is on the right path and very few years from now I shall be proud to be a Nigerian. God will use this government to restore the lost glory of this great nation. For those who have contrary opinions regarding Kaduna Refinery, anytime you want to buy fuel at the gas stations, ask them if the product is from Kaduna and if so, don't buy. Kwanu? Enemies of progress from Babylon.

Amen! to your prayers, my guy.

P34c3
Re: What The NNPC And The FG Would Never Tell You About The Kaduna Refinery by TruthisGOD: 7:00pm On Dec 22, 2015
Pls we should learn to be objective in our analysis. The last sentence in summary stated that is not as if the Kaduna refinery cannot refined crude oil bt it was designed to to refine heavy oil such as venezula heavy crude. Now, the question is y building a refinery that refines heavy crude when our crude oil is light crude (Bonny light)?
Re: What The NNPC And The FG Would Never Tell You About The Kaduna Refinery by NavierStokes(m): 7:54pm On Dec 22, 2015
Eruditor:

ExxonMobil is currently at the Chad making the same explorations for hydrocarbons to up their production volumes. Such projects did not just start off on the back of the dwindling oil prices but have been ongoing especially in the days of many. NNPC will not be termed inane for doing similar even when we realise that the NE part of Nigeria shares a border with Chad.

The significance of doing that is because the price of crude will not forever stay down and the need for it will continually be on an exponential rise in the next 50 to 100 years. So if I have that type of knowledge, I won't abandon such viable areas like the NE when I know it could pay off handsomely in future. That's how to think long term.

Sure, some companies shed off various arms of their corporate structure and plans simply because the resources to be garnered from such plans was either less than the investment needed or that the concomitant challenges attributed with such an asset, makes the assets holistically non-profitable. For instance, Shell divested most of their onshore assets in Nigeria, but they are still very much into exploring deep offshore locations, aiming to produce more Hydrocarbons that will meet future energy demands.

Don't compare it to areas like shale oil and tar sands in Canada that whose E and P is very capital intensive but appeared viable when oil prices were above 120$. Now that they have dropped to below 40$ it just behooved the IOCs to abandon such projects. It is not the same situation with Nigeria.

As for our Darling Bonny light, hope you know it is always sold at a premium to brent and as such is more expensive. Hope you know that in the light of falling crude prices most major energy consumers have preferred to buy the cheaper, heavier crude and have abandoned our "darling crude". Hope you know China (which used to be our major client) has decided to purchase Angola's heavy crude. Hope you also know that most countries have refineries whose functions depends heavily on heavy crude, so it boggles the mind for you to think that Venezuelan crude is being avoided.

Just have this at the back of your mind when you claim experts share similar views with you because I believe I am not passing to you any views that many experts, including the GMD of NNPC, don't share.

I apologise for calling your views nonsense all the same.
Amico sorry for the late response, Exxon Mobil and sinopec operating on the Chadian side and the Nigerian government are not on the same page financially, these are companies that have yearly capital budgets of over 20billion dollars and as a matter of fact have been selective in their investments so far, fine every one in the industry agrees that we will come out of this cycle "soon" but then are you in all honesty asserting that there are no highly promising development projects that have been put on hold we could have invested in at this time, to possibly commence production around 2017 onward when the prices are expected to have picked up?
(That they are not on the same page financially is evident from our governments inability to meet jv cash call obligations).
At a time like there is concensus that lower priority be given to exploration and higher priority to production, and best should have been a slow down to when prices become "comfortable".
Nigerias problem has never been about reserves rather its been about production from the many dwindling reservoirs we have out there.
And to the issue of venezuelan crude, we all know that it is sought by buyers who need to blend with lighter oils for refining, why Nigeria should find herself in that category is a question I would leave for you.

PS: it might interest you to know that the same shale you are talking about is what Conoco was willing to write off 400million dollars, to make an invest in.
Re: What The NNPC And The FG Would Never Tell You About The Kaduna Refinery by rezy15(m): 7:56pm On Dec 22, 2015
So my question to all the trigger happy wailers is this: which crude has kaduna refinery been processing all these years? what is bad in siting a refinery up north to aid in final distribution of refined products to the northern states?

1 Like

Re: What The NNPC And The FG Would Never Tell You About The Kaduna Refinery by Evaromantik(m): 8:22pm On Dec 22, 2015
idu1:
you don't know what you are talking. PDP spent 16 year without anything tangible to show for it.... APC just took over and you hear writing trash.

Do you ve conscious at all
shall nigerians wait for 16yrs to come??.......aren't nigerians in for a change??
Re: What The NNPC And The FG Would Never Tell You About The Kaduna Refinery by TopHand: 8:23pm On Dec 22, 2015
Former Presidential Adviser on Petroleum Matters Dr. Emmanuel Egbogah why did you not tell your Boss GEJ when u were in power, PDP handed over this refinery to the new govt knowing that the refinery was incompatible so all that money your administration spent on the refinery was just chop chop, oya EFCC food don land self confession pls Dr. Emmanuel Egbogah is ready to talk
Re: What The NNPC And The FG Would Never Tell You About The Kaduna Refinery by SolomonAdeola: 9:28pm On Dec 22, 2015
[quote author=Sweetguy25 post=41235152]

He has every right to complain even if its 3 weeks into Buhari's government.
[/quote

No! He only has a right to complain if his wife can bear him a set of twins with first 3 months of marriage.

Think and construct ur criticisms
Re: What The NNPC And The FG Would Never Tell You About The Kaduna Refinery by khattab02: 9:43pm On Dec 22, 2015
Chei! I am utterly disgusted by most comments on this thread. Many people don't why Kaduna Refinery was built? And many don't know it functions? Only few people have said the right tin, Bin, psmile and rezy 15.

Kaduna refinery was built on Goverment policy for the distribution of petroleum products across the Northern regions.

The statement that it refines only foreign crude is false. It also refines Nigeria Bonny light crude.
Re: What The NNPC And The FG Would Never Tell You About The Kaduna Refinery by khattab02: 9:47pm On Dec 22, 2015
rezy15:
So my question to all the trigger happy wailers is this: which crude has kaduna refinery been processing all these years? what is bad in siting a refinery up north to aid in final distribution of refined products to the northern states?
u korrect bros! Am shocked many of them don't know the reason why? In this age of google?
Re: What The NNPC And The FG Would Never Tell You About The Kaduna Refinery by khattab02: 9:55pm On Dec 22, 2015
bankyman:
Am shocked how many people believed the story?? Some even calling the article ''fact''.
Re: What The NNPC And The FG Would Never Tell You About The Kaduna Refinery by khattab02: 10:01pm On Dec 22, 2015
TruthisGOD:
Pls we should learn to be objective in our analysis. The last sentence in summary stated that is not as if the Kaduna refinery cannot refined crude oil bt it was designed to to refine heavy oil such as venezula heavy crude. Now, the question is y building a refinery that refines heavy crude when our crude oil is light crude (Bonny light)?
that statement is wrong! KRPC is designed to refine both foreign and bonny light crude. It has two distillation units. CDU 1 for Nigerian crude and CDU 2 for foreign crude.
Re: What The NNPC And The FG Would Never Tell You About The Kaduna Refinery by khattab02: 10:13pm On Dec 22, 2015
repogirl:
Wetin concern Kaduna with refinery sef? undecided

Waste of space that they would have been using to grow vegetables.
you are wrong. It was built to supply the Northern part with petroluem products. It is not a waste of space.
Re: What The NNPC And The FG Would Never Tell You About The Kaduna Refinery by khattab02: 10:24pm On Dec 22, 2015
cizy:
Blame Buhari because he built that ancient of days during his time as a petroleum minister. It appears, that Buhari, due to his looting capacity and lack of fore site constructed that stone age crap which was listed as one of his useless achievements.

But I won't be surprised if some morônic sycopate blame the refinery wahala on GEJ..
lol.... So because the refinery is down, it is now ''stone age crap''? Are the other refineries working??
Re: What The NNPC And The FG Would Never Tell You About The Kaduna Refinery by khattab02: 10:30pm On Dec 22, 2015
MrPresident1:
It is now a monument grin

Testament to our collective cluelessness as a nation. Did the planners and builders of that refinery not know that Nigeria's crude is light and sweet so our local refinery should be designed to refine light sweet crude?

What is the wisdom in building the refinery in Kaduna in the first place?
that is false. It was built to refine Nigerian sweet crude as well as Foreign also. Crude distillation Unit 1 (CDU 1) for Nigerian crude and CDU 2 for foreign crude.
Re: What The NNPC And The FG Would Never Tell You About The Kaduna Refinery by khattab02: 10:36pm On Dec 22, 2015
MrPresident1:
It is now a monument grin

Testament to our collective cluelessness as a nation. Did the planners and builders of that refinery not know that Nigeria's crude is light and sweet so our local refinery should be designed to refine light sweet crude?

What is the wisdom in building the refinery in Kaduna in the first place?
that is false. It was built to refine Nigerian sweet crude as well as Foreign also. Crude distillation Unit 1 (CDU 1) for Nigerian crude and CDU 2 for foreign crude.

The wisdom behind it is that it will help distribute the products among Northern states.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Okorocha Riding Bicycle This Morning, Followed By His Security Team / We will Declare Saraki,Melaye Seat Vacant-Akpabio Speak Fire / Fayose Smiling On Arrival At Lagos Court For His Bail Hearing.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.