Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,472 members, 7,823,097 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:29 AM

How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! (64547 Views)

Lady Refuses To Remove Her Nose Ring As She Is Set To Meet Her Fiance's Parents / Lady Who Abandoned Her Fiance At The Altar In 2015 Finally Explains Why She Left / Heartbroken Lady Calls On God After Loosing Her Fiance To Her Close Friend (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by kaspoc: 4:55pm On Dec 22, 2015
lol
Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by manie(m): 4:56pm On Dec 22, 2015
funkyibodude:
Osu caste system is an ancient practice in Igbo land, in which somebody or a family is considered to be a property to the gods of the land they are considered sacred thus some are banished and don't have any business with anyone. Most of them are extremely beautiful and very intelligent that's why the believe the belong to the gods and the posses special powers. That's in ancient Igbo land before civilization. Most villages in Igbo land have abolished this practice due to religion and civilization but some still consider this practice because of the fear of wrath of the gods. OSU normally marry themselves and if a freeborn marries an osu you are forbid to have a child with that person and you will equally be banished from the land.. Hope you are satisfied.

I learnt some of the intelligent and successful Ibos in Nigeria and abroad are osu.
Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by tizzleseun(m): 4:57pm On Dec 22, 2015
[color=#006600][/color] london used fowl avialable here
Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by kateskitty(f): 4:57pm On Dec 22, 2015
Just passing through grin
Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by chillian(f): 4:57pm On Dec 22, 2015
Make she pray say make no river rine babe way eye dey chook no catch her man then she go know wether OSU na criteria for marriage now.for this end time u still dey do osu chum chin.OSU ko OSO ni.

1 Like

Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by seangy4konji: 4:58pm On Dec 22, 2015
Advertise am on ait or cnn.

All na breaking news.
Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by Sunnycliff(m): 4:58pm On Dec 22, 2015
emorse:
This is why we must always preach love. Imagine this coming from a tribe that appeared so united for a certain cause just a fee weeks ago. Love is key.

When we start seeing one another a one instead of Yoruba, Hausa and Igbo, or Christians and Muslims, or Osu and sons if the soil, we would begin to make significant progress.

As for me, to hell with any form of segregation. As long as I love her and I'm sure she loves me too, I'm marrying her with or without anybody's consent.

There comes a time in marriage that you need your family! Osu is not to be toyed with in Igboland except you are genuinely born again and fully trusting on God. Else....you better don't start a war that you can't finish or be sure of victory!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by anochuko01(m): 4:58pm On Dec 22, 2015
OSU ko, UNILAG nii
Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by ozoemenafn: 4:59pm On Dec 22, 2015
You should just pray and seek God's face before going into the marriage. God's approval is basic
Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by tiredface: 4:59pm On Dec 22, 2015
I'M JUST WONDERING WHY YOU'RE HERE WHEN YOU'VE ALREADY MADE YOUR DECISION. "can't imagine her world without him" AND "would rather die", SO, CHOOSE ONE, SORRY, YOUR FRIEND SHOULD CHOOSE FROM HER DECISSION. GOOD LUCK
Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by Hoyehdayg(m): 5:01pm On Dec 22, 2015
With all respect to the Singles on the thread, this matter are best addressed by people who are married and are matured.

To start with, prayers are needed. The heart of every man is in the hand of his maker. She should go back to God to help her out.

Once there is good communication between them, she can sit her fiancé down and talk about it. Take things slow and not rush.

My prayer is that God will direct your steps.

2 Likes

Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by Sunnycliff(m): 5:01pm On Dec 22, 2015
sickstars:

Tank u

Its obvious number 1 nd 2 can never agree to my choice cry cry cry cry

Number 1 are even more religious than deeper life members

Number 2 na to purnish me for all d things wey i do
Dem tell me before dem go approve i wud av been deeply worried grin

Since the spouse is not the only person in the world and love been a choice, why not move ahead with another person and enjoy the mutual support and consent of your family and siblings. Let Osu marry Osu and Diala marry Diala!!
Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by Maximus85(m): 5:02pm On Dec 22, 2015
The only OSU I noe is that university wey dey Ogun state. OSU na school. Go ahead and marry the man of your dream ooo. OSU kooo LASU niii
Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by freshvine(f): 5:02pm On Dec 22, 2015
Osu didn't prevent the Guy from having a job.

Osu didn't prevent the guy from impregnating her.

Osu didn't prevent the guy from having an education

Osu didn't prevent him for being a Christian

Osu will not prevent him from marrying and accomplishing his life's dream.

It's the lady's parent Osu caste is preventing from having common sense.

2 Likes

Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by Nobody: 5:02pm On Dec 22, 2015
funkyibodude:
A female friend of mine brought up an issue that have been bothering her so much she said that she needs needed an urgent advice on what to do. Here's her story
She met a guy last year in at a friend's get together party and they both fell for each other. According to her story the guy works with an insurance company in Lagos and my friend was about to go for her NYSC when they both met. So because of the heated romance between them, she decided to work her NYSC posting to Lagos state. During her service year the guy proposed to her and she accepted. So they both went for family introduction. Few months after her introduction, her father called her and told her that she should come home that there's something urgent he wants wanted to tell her. When she traveled back home, her dad told her that the have they had done some investigation into the guy's Family and the discovered that the guy is was an OSU ( meaning outcast in Igbo land) and their village still practice the osu caste system. So the implication there is the both can't get married. And if she insist insists in on getting married to him that her family will not be part of it, literally she's on her own with the guy, she's so heart broken now because she loves her family and she told me she can't couldn't imagine her world without him. And more so she's few weeks pregnant for him and the have started making plans for their wedding. How can she break this news to her fiancee?!!.. She told me she rather dies she would rather die than not marry marrying him.

Please I would appreciate matured advice only because this is really a sensitive issue that involves tradition and beliefs, no attacking of any personality or ethnic group. it can happen to anyone out there. Thanks

Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by eaccyboy(m): 5:02pm On Dec 22, 2015
quiinnBee:

which rethink.why will they be dictating whom to marry?
its your life,not theirs
hmmm my sista if ur parent say no..... flee...bc of d damn implicatn...if u tel a man to leave he will fly n ladies r too stubborn n uncareful ..no mind ma grama
Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by crackhouse(m): 5:05pm On Dec 22, 2015
he works for insurance company? that one na work?
Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by younghartz(m): 5:05pm On Dec 22, 2015
dem no dy leave wetin dem dy do 4 ground dy do 4 up
Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by Nobody: 5:07pm On Dec 22, 2015
Estharfabian:
undecidedThis isn't A sensitive issue!

She loves this guy for Christ's sake! Nothing should Be A barrier...Not even if he has AIDS...cool
why make silly family Traditions A priority?? Smh!

If eventually, She refuses to marry This guy... then, Trust me..She never loved him half as much as I Love my Puppy..undecided.
Looking forward to meet Your puppy
Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by fpeter(f): 5:07pm On Dec 22, 2015
fromnigeria:
God forbid, tell her she won't die.

They haven't trad, but are planning for wedding

I Want her to believe is that OSU is not greater than true love. I mean that age-long culture can now be broken, if and only if the love is Love.

what are you typing? undecided
Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by delors(m): 5:07pm On Dec 22, 2015
Tell them to travel abroad...caste system can't swim across the Pacific or Atlantic.....Osu will drown
Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by Nobody: 5:08pm On Dec 22, 2015
Sunnycliff:

Since the spouse is not the only person in the world and love been a choice, why not move ahead with another person and enjoy the mutual support and consent of your family and siblings. Let Osu marry Osu and Diala marry Diala!!
Dats why from time i never placed marriage in mind

Ow can i marry wen dere is no love

Wen everything turns around in marriage d only thing dat makes it work is love so why shd it b found wanting in my marriage
Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by Fourwinds: 5:09pm On Dec 22, 2015
Monalisa185:
shocked
they didn't waste time... they have done the main the main already....nine months counting
Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by Orikinla(m): 5:10pm On Dec 22, 2015
True Christians don't practice OSU. It is not of God, but of idol worship. Now, if both of them are true Christians, they should discuss it with their pastor and if he is a true man of God they will marry as ordained by God. If both of them are true Christians they can marry. We must only fear God and nothing else. But if they don't conquer their fears, their fears will conquer them.
Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by hustler86(m): 5:10pm On Dec 22, 2015
Monalisa185:
shocked
Thers nothing new in this world we leaving babe.
Btw the face rili luk so mean, buh d beautiful heart behind it is wht I wna meet up 4a chat or the likes. If u dnt mind kffb or 07062655071whtsap
Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by kristisking(m): 5:10pm On Dec 22, 2015
Go ahead and marry him. If you are godly, leave the rest for God. It is high time some of these customs and beliefs be scraped. Let us embrace civilisation. Marry the person your heart goes for, pray fervently and commit everything into God's hand, I bet you, you be happy in your marriage. God is above every fetish activity and practise people do all in the name of traditions.
Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by MJAP(m): 5:10pm On Dec 22, 2015
So her parents accepted the guy on the first introduction without asking where the guy came from? The parents should accept their fault and allow the lady get married to the guy.
Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by schumastic(m): 5:11pm On Dec 22, 2015
HopeAtHand:
Igbo people problems plenty.

if you don't know what to type simple ask your sick brain not to force you into typing poo olofo iranu angry
Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by Sunnycliff(m): 5:12pm On Dec 22, 2015
sickstars:

Dats why from time i never placed marriage in mind

Ow can i marry wen dere is no love

Wen everything turns around in marriage d only thing dat makes it work is love so why shd it b found wanting in my marriage

Remember love is a choice! And can be made to grow or killed on onset when it's just a crush or mere infatuation! Its a pure choice I insist
Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by mexioni(m): 5:12pm On Dec 22, 2015
quiinnBee:

which rethink.why will they be dictating whom to marry?
its your life,not theirs

LOL, MA dear even the church (Catholic ) won't Wed any couple whom there parents don't approve. Wisdom. And Caution is needed in every decisions we take in life. They are not dictating they are only doing what tradition demands. Remember u have to give to caeser that which belongs to caeser and to God what belongs to him

1 Like

Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by Crocz(m): 5:12pm On Dec 22, 2015
Imagine...someone in this age and with the level of civilisation, still discriminating "outcasts" even thou they eat the same food, wear the same type of cloth, practice same religion, same culture, speak same language and have lived and rejoiced together for decades.

Well, their culture is their culture...but a very evil one!

1 Like

Re: How Can She Break This News To Her Fiance?!! by Fourwinds: 5:12pm On Dec 22, 2015
crackhouse:
he works for insurance company? that one na work?
who asked u to beam ur search lite on his work

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Man Breaks Up With Girlfriend Of 11 Years 24 Hours To His Wedding To Another / Kenyan Lady Gets Pistol From Her Father As Gift, Warns Nigerian Guys. Photos / Is This Why Ladies Are Finding It Hard To Settle Down? (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.