Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,494 members, 7,816,172 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:03 AM

SE/SS: The New Order We Must Establish - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / SE/SS: The New Order We Must Establish (5815 Views)

Unification Of SE / SS A Major Threat To Nigeria Why? / Enugu Massacre: South-East Senators Call For Emergency SE/SS Summit / Emeka Offor Signs $10 Million To Carter Center For SE/SS Projects (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SE/SS: The New Order We Must Establish by EternalTruths: 12:42pm On Dec 24, 2015
Sunymoore:

Still, that will only work.
What is the primary function of government? I think is to protect the lives and properties of its citizens, right?
So, if that is the case, any short coming of such is to automatically be blamed on the Executive, why because, they go about campaigning such, not judiciary, so you cannot expect the executive to leave it's primary function to another arm.
What we need is strong judiciary that knows their onions and corruption resistant.. That's it!

This is why you are wrong on this issue of primary responsibility of security suffering a disadvantage under the judiciary

The constitution states clearly the role of various security units

Therefore once such situations arises, they discharge their constitutional role

So the issue you raised about security not properly implemented won't arise

Eg Imagine you are a police officer, and armed robbers attack a place. Do you need the President to tell you to act before you confront the criminals..? cool

Imagine an external enemy invades the country, as a military officer, do you need presidential order to fight off the invaders when the constitution states clearly your role to defend the nation against external invasion. cool
Re: SE/SS: The New Order We Must Establish by Sunymoore(m): 5:14pm On Dec 24, 2015
Mack3N:

He was declared free of all charge and ordered an unconditional release!!

Am not the one that told dss/fed govt not to do their home work well before charging a person to court.
So why was the court order floated?

Bro you still don't understand the FG, they declared him free of charges to stop protest and any form of civil disobedience and violence in the country.. Believe me, they know their onions
Re: SE/SS: The New Order We Must Establish by Sunymoore(m): 5:17pm On Dec 24, 2015
EternalTruths:

Using Nigeria as a case study

Why do you think court orders are disobeyed by the Executive.?

Because the security apparatus is under their control.

Transfer that power to the Judiciary and you will see lots of court orders implemented and not disobeyed.

Now to the issue you raised which I highlighted blue in colour

I said the Chief Justice Of the Federation will be voted by the people based on a non party system after considering their years in law practice and rights activities

I condemned the appointment of the Chief Justice and Judges by the Executive arm because it is a loop hole for appointing puppets

Check my post again
Still bro, if everything becomes politics, the judiciary will not be patriotic, they will be partisan. And the last thing common man needs is partisan judiciary

1 Like

Re: SE/SS: The New Order We Must Establish by Sunymoore(m): 5:24pm On Dec 24, 2015
EternalTruths:

This is why you are wrong on this issue of primary responsibility of security suffering a disadvantage under the judiciary

The constitution states clearly the role of various security units

Therefore once such situations arises, they discharge their constitutional role

So the issue you raised about security not properly implemented won't arise

Eg Imagine you are a police officer, and armed robbers attack a place. Do you need the President to tell you to act before you confront the criminals..? cool

Imagine an external enemy invades the country, as a military officer, do you need presidential order to fight off the invaders when the constitution states clearly your role to defend the nation against external invasion. cool
Bro, the Army and the police you used as example requires commander in chief and chairman of the police Council, this is the provide check and balance... So do we expect judges to command the security apparatus? We may as well lump the executive and judiciary together..
Even, in America, issues concerning urgent national security are passed by the president to the security men without the Congress approval
Re: SE/SS: The New Order We Must Establish by EternalTruths: 5:38pm On Dec 24, 2015
Sunymoore:

Bro, the Army and the police you used as example requires commander in chief and chairman of the police Council, this is the provide check and balance... So do we expect judges to command the security apparatus? We may as well lump the executive and judiciary together..
Even, in America, issues concerning urgent national security are passed by the president to the security men without the Congress approval

There is one thing you are yet to comprehend

Western Europeans US Canada and Australians , tend to abide by court rulings because of their cultural orientation

Africans tend to disobey court rulings once they know they have the power to do so

Eg Take Burundi for example

The President has abused the constitution in order to get a 3rd term in office which has lead to civil unrest and genocide.

The reason why the Burundi President can abuse the constitution is because he has the security apparatus behind him

Now if the security apparatus was left in the hands of the judiciary, Burundi won't be in the chaotic state it is today. cool

Even the case of Nnamdi Kanu where the Judiciary appears helpless won't arise. cool
Re: SE/SS: The New Order We Must Establish by Duru1(m): 5:40pm On Dec 24, 2015
EternalTruths:
" Every disappointment is a blessing in disguise. Therefore complain less and learn whatever good such disappointment points to." WISDOM

From what we can see happening with the trial of Nnamdi Kanu, you will agree with me that the Western democracy on separation of powers can't work in Africa due to the orientation of the black race.

For this reason

I hereby propose the following in the new black civilization we seek to create

1) The military, police, paramilitary and all other security and anti corruption apparatus should be under the control of the judiciary with the exception of the Secret Service and Intelligence Agency that should be under the control of the executive arm of government.

2) The Chief Justice of the Federation, should not be appointed by the Executive but elected by the people under a non party system based on their years of practicing law and various rights activities eg human, environmental, animal, etc

3) The budget for the judiciary, should be a fixed percentage of public revenue generated and this fixed percentage should be decided through a national referendum.

4) The power to arrest, detain and imprison, should be left in the hands of the judiciary. The only time this power can be transferred to the Executive arm of government is when a State of Emergency is approved by the Legislative arm of government

5) The Title and authority of Commander- In-Chief of the Armed Forces should only be given to the President when a State of Emergency is approved by the Legislative arm of government.

Any other idea to help create a better black civilization is welcome cool

Eurobomber lygn19 Noblezone

Pazienza Rose2014 warrior01

Carnegiefan chukwudi44

Ihemba Yujin Ezeagu Easternleopard

Easternlion Freedom4biafra

Ipobdevil ikengawo billygee2u

Duru1 Onatisi 400Billionman blacktechnology

Ok500 franksam2009 totorimi

Dearpreye kingzizzy Auntysuzan

Ichidodo babyosisi collynzo23 kettykin

Sunnybobo3 Biafranqueen customized13

Descartes Mogidi Mizmycoli Wombraiders

Phockphockman Anonimi Afam4eva pointb

Ngwakwe Abagworo tonychristopher

Wisdomguy4u curlieweed CSTR2 obosiland

AkwaIbomrep1 FreeGlobe Mandax MrEverest

Whynotthetruth badnature M4gunners str8talk1

Etc

Military has been traditionally under Ministry of Defense. The Police, paramilitary and domestic secret Service and Intelligence agency are permanently under the ministry of interior. While the foreign secret service and intelligence agency is housed under NSA (National Security Administration) with a director that reports to presidency.

In addition, there is nothing such as “black” civilization in human nature except in the color chart. We must avoid the temptation to equate “Black” with Africa.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: SE/SS: The New Order We Must Establish by EternalTruths: 5:41pm On Dec 24, 2015
Sunymoore:

Still bro, if everything becomes politics, the judiciary will not be patriotic, they will be partisan. And the last thing common man needs is partisan judiciary

That's why I said a non party system

My friend

If the Executive is allowed to appoint the Chief Justice, then the judiciary won't truly be the 3rd arm of government but an extension of the Executive

In other words

A puppet of the Executive arm. cool
Re: SE/SS: The New Order We Must Establish by EternalTruths: 5:43pm On Dec 24, 2015
Duru1:

Military has been traditionally under Ministry of Defense. The Police, paramilitary and domestic secret Service and Intelligence agency are permanently under the ministry of interior. While the foreign secret service and intelligence agency is housed under NSA (National Security Administration) with a director that reports to presidency.

In addition, there is nothing such as “black” civilization in human nature except in the color chart. We must avoid the temptation to equate “Black” with Africa.

Which arm of government directly controls the military.?

Let start from there so that you can understand better my point of view
Re: SE/SS: The New Order We Must Establish by Duru1(m): 5:48pm On Dec 24, 2015
EternalTruths:

Which arm of government directly controls the military.?

Let start from there so that you can understand better my point of view

Executive via minister of defense. This is applicable to all paramilitary entities including police via minister of interior. Even the office of attorney-general is under executive branch of the government.
Re: SE/SS: The New Order We Must Establish by EternalTruths: 5:57pm On Dec 24, 2015
Duru1:

Executive via minister of defense. This is applicable to all paramilitary entities including police via minister of interior. Even the office of attorney-general is under executive branch of the government.

Thank you

Now see where I am driving to

In Africa, the Executive arm has always disregard court rulings/constitution because they control the security apparatus.

This has led to situations we see now in the case of Nnamdi Kanu and Burundi

My suggestion is this

for Africa to overcome this madness, it is good to place the security apparatus under the Judiciary in order to empower them to enforce court rulings which will prevent the abuse of the constitution thereby preventing what we see today in Kanu and BURUNDI cases. cool
Re: SE/SS: The New Order We Must Establish by Sunymoore(m): 7:33pm On Dec 24, 2015
EternalTruths:

That's why I said a non party system

My friend

If the Executive is allowed to appoint the Chief Justice, then the judiciary won't truly be the 3rd arm of government but an extension of the Executive

In other words

A puppet of the Executive arm. cool

Non party system under democracy bro? That's not feasible. And don't forget, the Executive having the executive power can influence the election of the judiciary.. A pillar of democracy is separation of power, so we can just lump the executive duties under judiciary
Re: SE/SS: The New Order We Must Establish by Sunymoore(m): 7:38pm On Dec 24, 2015
EternalTruths:

There is one thing you are yet to comprehend

Western Europeans US Canada and Australians , tend to abide by court rulings because of their cultural orientation

Africans tend to disobey court rulings once they know they have the power to do so

Eg Take Burundi for example

The President has abused the constitution in order to get a 3rd term in office which has lead to civil unrest and genocide.

The reason why the Burundi President can abuse the constitution is because he has the security apparatus behind him

Now if the security apparatus was left in the hands of the judiciary, Burundi won't be in the chaotic state it is today. cool

Even the case of Nnamdi Kanu where the Judiciary appears helpless won't arise. cool

You're right, Africans tend to break rule, but still
in the case of Burundi, the legislative failed.. The legislative have the power to impeachment, why won't they impeach the dude/resist his third term attempt (just like OBJ was resisted) and strip him off his control over the armed forces?
Re: SE/SS: The New Order We Must Establish by abduljabbar4(m): 8:19pm On Dec 24, 2015
EdCure:

No mind the fool. He's high on expired snuff.

The biafridiot want judges to arrest and adjudicate at the same time. This is below animal reasoning.
He needs to be confined to the Ogba zoo.

Hehehehehe. It seems like biafrans have gotten a new name grin
Re: SE/SS: The New Order We Must Establish by EternalTruths: 8:48pm On Dec 24, 2015
Sunymoore:

You're right, Africans tend to break rule, but still
in the case of Burundi, the legislative failed.. The legislative have the power to impeachment, why won't they impeach the dude/resist his third term attempt (just like OBJ was resisted) and strip him off his control over the armed forces?

The reason why OBJ could be stopped was because he is from SW and the other regions especially the North wanted power back

If OBJ is a Northerner, he would have had his way.

In Burundi, the President is from a majority region if I am correct. That's why he is able to suppress Tutsi and other minorities.

Since the moderates from the President region is powerless, they just keep quiet for fear of being killed. cool
Re: SE/SS: The New Order We Must Establish by EternalTruths: 8:50pm On Dec 24, 2015
Sunymoore:

Non party system under democracy bro? That's not feasible. And don't forget, the Executive having the executive power can influence the election of the judiciary.. A pillar of democracy is separation of power, so we can just lump the executive duties under judiciary

Have you heard of independent candidacy

Contestants without political parties.

Such will be introduced in the judicial system cool
Re: SE/SS: The New Order We Must Establish by Sunymoore(m): 9:24pm On Dec 24, 2015
EternalTruths:

Have you heard of independent candidacy

Contestants without political parties.

Such will be introduced in the judicial system cool
Yeah I know bro, just like Bernie Sanders, the Senator from Vermont, and current US Presidential aspirant..
But will such exist in young democracy we have here?
Re: SE/SS: The New Order We Must Establish by Sunymoore(m): 9:27pm On Dec 24, 2015
EternalTruths:

The reason why OBJ could be stopped was because he is from SW and the other regions especially the North wanted power back

If OBJ is a Northerner, he would have had his way.

In Burundi, the President is from a majority region if I am correct. That's why he is able to suppress Tutsi and other minorities.

Since the moderates from the President region is powerless, they just keep quiet for fear of being killed. cool
But, in the 'new country' at least we expect cordial relationship in the polity, so the lawmakers will find their work much easier..
Re: SE/SS: The New Order We Must Establish by EternalTruths: 5:21am On Dec 25, 2015
Sunymoore:

But, in the 'new country' at least we expect cordial relationship in the polity, so the lawmakers will find their work much easier..

Never assume

To be on the safe side, put the security apparatuses under the judiciary

Haiti is the first black republic and far richer than France in those days.

Today, Haiti is as underdeveloped as any black Africa republic.

Why.?

Abuse of the constitution/court rulings by various Executive arm of government. Which is a trait common with black people once they control money and power of the gun.

With that power of the gun to protect them, they can mess up their society and get away with it.

My friend

Hand over the gun power to the judiciary so that if the Executive arm of government misbehaves, it won't be able to use gun power to suppress the citizens . cool
Re: SE/SS: The New Order We Must Establish by Sunymoore(m): 7:54am On Dec 25, 2015
EternalTruths:

Never assume

To be on the safe side, put the security apparatuses under the judiciary

Haiti is the first black republic and far richer than France in those days.

Today, Haiti is as underdeveloped as any black Africa republic.

Why.?

Abuse of the constitution/court rulings by various Executive arm of government. Which is a trait common with black people once they control money and power of the gun.

With that power of the gun to protect them, they can mess up their society and get away with it.

My friend

Hand over the gun power to the judiciary so that if the Executive arm of government misbehaves, it won't be able to use gun power to suppress the citizens . cool

Okay, but did you measure the magnitude of disaster if the judiciary abused such powers?
Re: SE/SS: The New Order We Must Establish by EternalTruths: 8:10am On Dec 25, 2015
Sunymoore:

Okay, but did you measure the magnitude of disaster if the judiciary abused such powers?

The Judiciary won't abuse the power of the gun because the national wealth is under the control of the Executive arm of government.

Remember what makes the Executive arm of government misbehave, is the lust for national wealth/resources especially to make it a personal property. cool

My friend

Because the management of the national wealth/ resources affects the economy, once the Executive arm of government mismanages it, members of the judiciary will have their personal lives affected negatively.

This will anger them to deal with members of the Executive arm of government once they step down from power and no longer protected by immunity.
Re: SE/SS: The New Order We Must Establish by Sunymoore(m): 8:41am On Dec 25, 2015
EternalTruths:

The Judiciary won't abuse the power of the gun because the national wealth is under the control of the Executive arm of government.

Remember what makes the Executive arm of government misbehave, is the lust for national wealth/resources especially to make it a personal property. cool

My friend

Because the management of the national wealth/ resources affects the economy, once the Executive arm of government mismanages it, members of the judiciary will have their personal lives affected negatively.

This will anger them to deal with members of the Executive arm of government once they step down from power and no longer protected by immunity.

Never assume too bro..
Humans can be funny at all times. Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely. So, an opposition party can comprised the Judiciary, there by sabotaging the Executive, and that will be a national disaster..

Controlling and managing national resources requires protection, and I think, that's why security apparatus are under Executive. Take the case of Nigeria, without those apparatus under Executive, militants and sort will have sabotaged the economy..

And don't forget, the Judiciary have the responsibility of justice among the populace rather than controlling the security..
Re: SE/SS: The New Order We Must Establish by Eledan: 8:51am On Dec 25, 2015
Iroh88:
Na wa oo!! This atache by force thing is legendary. I've heard and read the Igbos are a very proud people but their desperate desire to attach themselves to the SSners is just downright shameful. It is like a guy going after a neighbor of his every other day when all he gets with every attempt at wooing her is a spit in his face. cheesy

Na by force?? Don't you guys have any shame/pride?? Haba. What are you guys so scared of being on your own?? cheesy

The simple truth is they can't be on their own. Being on their own means they are a small landlocked and gully erosion country, with millions of people in a small space. It's not a bright prospect. It will a chaotic country and a crime ridden one.
The truth is they are the greatest beneficiary of Nigeria.
Re: SE/SS: The New Order We Must Establish by EternalTruths: 8:55am On Dec 25, 2015
Sunymoore:

Never assume too bro..
Humans can be funny at all times. Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely. So, an opposition party can comprised the Judiciary, there by sabotaging the Executive, and that will be a national disaster..

Controlling and managing national resources requires protection, and I think, that's why security apparatus are under Executive. Take the case of Nigeria, without those apparatus under Executive, militants and sort will have sabotaged the economy..

And don't forget, the Judiciary have the responsibility of justice among the populace rather than controlling the security..

Even if militancy springs up, the judiciary will order the security personnels to perform their constitutional duties.

As for the opposition compromising the judiciary against the Ruling party, this scenerio won't arise because the judiciary can't act outside the constitution. Don't forget it is the legislative arm that makes law and most times in the control of the legislative arm through majority sits cool
Re: SE/SS: The New Order We Must Establish by Sunymoore(m): 9:08am On Dec 25, 2015
EternalTruths:

Even if militancy springs up, the judiciary will order the security personnels to perform their constitutional duties.

As for the opposition compromising the judiciary against the Ruling party, this scenerio won't arise because the judiciary can't act outside the constitution. Don't forget it is the legislative arm that makes law and most times in the control of the legislative arm through majority sits cool

Bro, you are making the Judiciary look like, they're perfect humans, which is not the case.
Since you suggested a non party Election in Judiciary, then we don't have a case of Ruling or opposing party lording over them. That's the case of your view, if it still stands..
Judiciary can act outside the law, just like the way Executive is acting outside the law, in fact, the Judiciary will find it easier, because, they can manipulate the law to their own satisfaction, having the Judicial power..

The Legislative makes the law, the Judiciary interprete the law at their DISCRETION and the Executive enforces such law.
Re: SE/SS: The New Order We Must Establish by DiademSh07: 9:10am On Dec 25, 2015
EternalTruths:

So Aniomas of Delta are not Igbos

What of our good neighbours like Annangs

Guy wake up

SS don't see Igbos as their enemies the way Sunnis see Shittes

Now face the topic and contribute intelligently. cool
Only the Aniocha/Oshimli are ibos!
Get that stuck into yor brain!!
Even with the Anioma and Annangs, you are still lanlocked and with little oil!
Shameless sets of parasites!
Re: SE/SS: The New Order We Must Establish by EternalTruths: 5:20pm On Jan 01, 2016
Sunymoore:

Never assume too bro..

Can you see that I am right about my proposal

Can you see that Buhari openly confessed that he is the one behind the disobedience of DSS to court order

Can you see that Buhari proved my theory right. cool cool cool cool cool cool
Re: SE/SS: The New Order We Must Establish by Raphael81(m): 6:22pm On Jan 01, 2016
EdCure:
Ibos with their attach-by-force mentality.
All of a sudden there arose a SE/SS merger.

Whatever happened to your so-called Lower Niger Congress? We used to hear it as soon as GEJ lost d election.

Why is there no SS'ner yapping about your phantom alliance?

Security forces are part of the executive. You dunce!
Is this how you want your Biafra to be run, like one gigantic hall of chaos, idiocy, and madness?

Yeye fowl!

ss can never merge with south east...its imposicant bro God forbid

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari Voted Against A Nigerian As OAU Sec Gen In 1985 / Which Seaport Is Best To Serve The South South & South East? / (EXPOSED) Photos Of Edo Lawmaker Frolicking With Prostitutes Caught

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.