Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,234 members, 7,818,783 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:08 AM

Ojukwu And Gowon Eating Together At Aburu,ghana 1967 - Photo - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ojukwu And Gowon Eating Together At Aburu,ghana 1967 - Photo (55255 Views)

Ajimobi, His Wife And Alao Akala Eating Together (Photo) / Bianca Ojukwu And Her Children: Then & Now / Abacha, Ojukwu And Gowon In A Private Jet (Throwback Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ojukwu And Gowon Eating Together At Aburu,ghana 1967 - Photo by Ijaya123: 5:19pm On Dec 24, 2015
elvisdaniels:
Shun bigotry grow up and stop reasoning like kids...

Did I mention any section? Guilty conscience must be disturbing you

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu And Gowon Eating Together At Aburu,ghana 1967 - Photo by incofab(m): 5:20pm On Dec 24, 2015
Go watch the video, Ojukwu did not eat that food.
Re: Ojukwu And Gowon Eating Together At Aburu,ghana 1967 - Photo by darlenese(f): 5:21pm On Dec 24, 2015
So u meam Buhari and Kano should eat egusi and amala together angry grin grin grin grin?
Re: Ojukwu And Gowon Eating Together At Aburu,ghana 1967 - Photo by handebayor: 5:23pm On Dec 24, 2015
thisisayus:
Lemme explain to those who don't know.
Accord was signed during the tension that was before the war.
It was agreed that Nigeria should run a confederal system of govt and the central(gowon) shld be weak. Just like tanzayaki and Zanzibar (Now Tanzania) and Senegal, Swaziland and Gambia (defunct senegambia) . Gowon agreed to the accord but on getting to Nigeria where he narrated the content to Awo(special adviser and minister of finance) who now advised him now to honor the accord and gowon accepted Awo's advices (reason why igbos hate Awo).
It was after then Naira and kobo, right and drive was changed to left hand, 12states was created just to weaken ojukwu's secession's plan. But it angered him and war broke out.

Still a little confused about this past of ours, some missing pieces here and there(what exactly did late Pa Awolowo tell Gowon to make him change his mind). Naptu2, please help explain this Aburi Accord and why it failed to hold.
Re: Ojukwu And Gowon Eating Together At Aburu,ghana 1967 - Photo by plaetton: 5:27pm On Dec 24, 2015
searchiing4love:
Nnamdi now knows the importance of freedom. He was so free in London that he had to set up a radio to run his mouth. How can a single individual intend to take on a whole federal government? What kept him alive till this stage is the so called democracy we are practising. A military leader would have ordered his death by firing squad. Useless man that chose to waste his life in exchange for fraudulent fame. Even his closest allies have abandoned him grin uchemefor the deputy dilector and his pregnant wife remained in London while Kanu suffer alone. By the time the authorities are through with him, he will sing the national pledge like a parrot.

What kind of man is Nnamdi Kanu to take on a whole federal government ?
I think we know the answer to that, from your own statements.

He is obviously, according to you, the kind of man whose towering courage you can never measure up to.

What is a nation without men of courage ?

I would like to remind folks that his loud courage is more about the injustice, the lopsidedness, the unworkability of our Federal arrangement.

It brings attention to the need to self-reflect on our 55 years of Nationhood, a failed project.

If we don't hammer out a sincere federal structure, Nigeria's development Will always be imperilled by cries Of marginalization, agitationd and ethnic tensions.

So, my friend, Nnamdi Kanu, no matter how vociferous or obnoxious he sounds, is doing every Nigerian a favor, by doing something that we had all forgotten how to do,
.. Standing up and speaking truth to power.

4 Likes

Re: Ojukwu And Gowon Eating Together At Aburu,ghana 1967 - Photo by Ayatullah(m): 5:29pm On Dec 24, 2015
Ojukwu's head and that of IPOB Kanu looks alike! Can someone else confirm it........ shocked

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu And Gowon Eating Together At Aburu,ghana 1967 - Photo by Ijaya123: 5:31pm On Dec 24, 2015
elvisdaniels:

You mean in your head cheesy cheesy

Why the insult? Must be an indication of your upbringing. Got no issue to join with you.

2 Likes

Re: Ojukwu And Gowon Eating Together At Aburu,ghana 1967 - Photo by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:32pm On Dec 24, 2015
plaetton:

He is obviously, according to you, the kind of man whose towering courage you can never measure up to.

I would like to remind folks that his loud courage is more about the injustice, the lopsidedness, the unworkability of our Federal arrangement.

It brings attention to the need to self-reflect on our 55 years of Nationhood, a failed project.

If we don't hammer out a sincere federal structure, Nigeria's development Will always be imperilled by cries Of marginalization, agitationd and ethnic tensions.

So, my friend, Nnamdi Kanu, no matter how vociferous or obnoxious he sounds, is doing every Nigerian a favor, by doing something that we had all forgotten how to do,

Hmm ... true

But have you thought of the fact that he might have selfish reasons for his bold actions ?

Sometimes what a man stands to gain is the driving force for his actions wink

6 Likes

Re: Ojukwu And Gowon Eating Together At Aburu,ghana 1967 - Photo by mart2k(m): 5:33pm On Dec 24, 2015
viviangist:
That is the Love Before the War, Gowon and Ojukwu sharing a meal at Aburu,Ghana.While Ghana's head of state Joe Ankrah watches.Jan 1967 , Hope the History can Justify the Future.

Report From http://www.viviangist.com/biafran-ojukwu-and-gowon-eating-together-at-aburughana-1967

Cc; lalasticlala
C how Ojukwu dey rush d food...hungry man

2 Likes

Re: Ojukwu And Gowon Eating Together At Aburu,ghana 1967 - Photo by Icecomrade: 5:35pm On Dec 24, 2015
searchiing4love:
Nnamdi now knows the importance of freedom. He was so free in London that he had to set up a radio to run his mouth. How can a single individual intend to take on a whole federal government? What kept him alive till this stage is the so called democracy we are practising. A military leader would have ordered his death by firing squad. Useless man that chose to waste his life in exchange for fraudulent fame. Even his closest allies have abandoned him grin uchemefor the deputy dilector and his pregnant wife remained in London while Kanu suffer alone. By the time the authorities are through with him, he will sing the national pledge like a parrot.

You

are so pained. Its so obvious. Whats your stake in his ordeal. Another **** on nairaland.
Re: Ojukwu And Gowon Eating Together At Aburu,ghana 1967 - Photo by AreaFada2: 5:35pm On Dec 24, 2015
Bantino:

Gowon signed the accord and was ready to implement it but it was Awolowo who strongly advised him not to implement it and that was what resulted to war because it was the only way to get Ojukwu to stand down

Awolowo is the betrayer

Not entirely true. Col. Katsina, Governor from the North was already not in full support of the accord from the beginning.

Northern elite, and civil servants (who were often asked to leave the conference room when critical issues were being discussed) were equally horrified by the naivety of Gowon signing the Accord.

Gowon went to Aburi to chat as "friends", Ojukwu on the other hand was fully prepared with his demands.
Gowon was badly ambushed.

Gowon thought that at the final meeting to smoothen everything to hold in NIFOR, near Benin City, some amendments could be made.
Ojukwu having got wind of the changes made to the accord, and fear of possible kidnap, didn't attend NIFOR meeting. So died Aburi Accord.

2 Likes

Re: Ojukwu And Gowon Eating Together At Aburu,ghana 1967 - Photo by prof12(m): 5:35pm On Dec 24, 2015
Destined2win:
Gowon the betrayer
Who betrayed who?
I think Ojukwu betrayed Gowon.

2 Likes

Re: Ojukwu And Gowon Eating Together At Aburu,ghana 1967 - Photo by mart2k(m): 5:36pm On Dec 24, 2015
thisisayus:
Hshjj
which language b dis, bro.
Re: Ojukwu And Gowon Eating Together At Aburu,ghana 1967 - Photo by mart2k(m): 5:40pm On Dec 24, 2015
Big4wig:
IF BIAFRA GIRLS LEAVE NIGERIA, HOW MANY FINE GIRL WE REMAIN?
I op uar directing d question to ursef.
Re: Ojukwu And Gowon Eating Together At Aburu,ghana 1967 - Photo by haqueurate(m): 5:40pm On Dec 24, 2015
ladyF:
Fake friends everywhere, dem plenty. Dine with you today, backstab you tomorrow.

Cutting off fake friends this 2015, 2016 gonna be a blessed year. grin grin grin

........hahaha I'm here again kiss

hi introvert, long time grin
Re: Ojukwu And Gowon Eating Together At Aburu,ghana 1967 - Photo by ransomed: 5:42pm On Dec 24, 2015
thisisayus:
Lemme explain to those who don't know.
Accord was signed during the tension that was before the war.
It was agreed that Nigeria should run a confederal system of govt and the central(gowon) shld be weak. Just like tanzayaki and Zanzibar (Now Tanzania) and Senegal, Swaziland and Gambia (defunct senegambia) . Gowon agreed to the accord but on getting to Nigeria where he narrated the content to Awo(special adviser and minister of finance) who now advised him now to honor the accord and gowon accepted Awo's advices (reason why igbos hate Awo).
It was after then Naira and kobo, right and drive was changed to left hand, 12states was created just to weaken ojukwu's secession's plan. But it angere d him and war broke out.
::-- It is Tangayika ( typo error i presume)
Re: Ojukwu And Gowon Eating Together At Aburu,ghana 1967 - Photo by Nawa4nl: 5:43pm On Dec 24, 2015
Ijaya123:
Some noise makers and chest-beaters will not like this picture.

They might even say it is photoshopped.

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu And Gowon Eating Together At Aburu,ghana 1967 - Photo by LydayBobo(m): 5:45pm On Dec 24, 2015
Big4wig:
None
Re: Ojukwu And Gowon Eating Together At Aburu,ghana 1967 - Photo by elvisdaniels(m): 5:46pm On Dec 24, 2015
Ijaya123:

Why the insult? Must be an indication of your upbringing. Got no issue to join with you.
Oh really you talk about upbringing, when yours is in shambles.If you had a proper one you won't have spread your mattress of bigotry on the comment in the first place,those who live in a glass house shouldn't throw stones.

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu And Gowon Eating Together At Aburu,ghana 1967 - Photo by plaetton: 5:48pm On Dec 24, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Hmm ... true

But have you thought of the fact that he might have selfish reasons for his bold actions ?

Sometimes what a man stands to gain is the driving force for his actions wink

Martin Luther had selfish reasons for challenging the power and corruption of the Roman Catholic Church.
No doubts , many would have thought him crazy, delusional and useless for standing up and speaking truth to power, the highest power of his time.
Re: Ojukwu And Gowon Eating Together At Aburu,ghana 1967 - Photo by Allohrandy(m): 5:48pm On Dec 24, 2015
plaetton:

how is Nnamdi Kanu doing every Nigeria a favour? A man that is seeking to buy arms and weapons to create an uprising in a region or state is a capital offense. He is not speaking any truth and All he speak is hatred for Hausa, yoruba and other non Igbo tribes in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Ojukwu And Gowon Eating Together At Aburu,ghana 1967 - Photo by shumuel(m): 5:50pm On Dec 24, 2015
Ho ho ho ho Lol, this explorers photo made FP, nice grin
Re: Ojukwu And Gowon Eating Together At Aburu,ghana 1967 - Photo by Ijaya123: 5:51pm On Dec 24, 2015
elvisdaniels:

Oh really you talk about upbringing, when yours is in shambles.If you had a proper one you won't have spread your mattress of bigotry on the comment in the first place,those who live in a glass house shouldn't throw stones.

Can't guess why you're so pained by my comment despite not mentioning any name.

Your guilty conscience must be in overdrive.
Re: Ojukwu And Gowon Eating Together At Aburu,ghana 1967 - Photo by Idrismusty97(m): 5:51pm On Dec 24, 2015
Big4wig:
Uncountable because all the ugly girls left cheesy.

4 Likes

Re: Ojukwu And Gowon Eating Together At Aburu,ghana 1967 - Photo by dadoctore(m): 5:53pm On Dec 24, 2015
viviangist:
That is the Love Before the War, Gowon and Ojukwu sharing a meal at Aburu,Ghana.While Ghana's head of state Joe Ankrah watches.Jan 1967 , Hope the History can Justify the Future.

Report From http://www.viviangist.com/biafran-ojukwu-and-gowon-eating-together-at-aburughana-1967

Cc; lalasticlala
Correction Op, its Aburi and not Aburu. I was opportuned to visit with my dept back then in my OOU days. As I heard, that's where the Peace Accord to end the civil war was signed. Most beautiful park I've ever been to I must say.
Re: Ojukwu And Gowon Eating Together At Aburu,ghana 1967 - Photo by cooljerry(m): 5:55pm On Dec 24, 2015
Endtime friends... c dat ojukwu eyes, always suspicious...

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu And Gowon Eating Together At Aburu,ghana 1967 - Photo by plaetton: 5:58pm On Dec 24, 2015
AreaFada2:

Not entirely true. Col. Katsina, Governor from the North was already not in full support of the accord from the beginning.

Northern elite, and civil servants (who were often asked to leave the conference room when critical issues were being discussed) were equally horrified by the naivety of Gowon signing the Accord.

Gowon went to Aburi to chat as "friends", Ojukwu on the other hand was fully prepared with his demands.
Gowon was badly ambushed.

Gowon thought that at the final meeting to smoothen everything to hold in NIFOR, near Benin City, some amendments could be made.
Ojukwu having got wind of the changes made to the accord, and fear of possible kidnap, didn't attend NIFOR meeting. So died Aburi Accord.

Interesting indeed.

But what could have been in the accord that horrified the northern elites

For Nigeria to operate a true Federal system or confederation ?
What did they, or anyone for that matter, stand to lose?

I wonder how many Nigerians remember that it was Gowon, as young head of state, in his sincerity, went on air, to say the following state " There is no basis for a united Nigeria ".
Later, his advisers prevailed on him to retract that statement.
It is a matter public record.

I wish I could interview Gowon today and ask him to tell the nation, in sincerity, what made say those things way back in 1967 , even before the civil war.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ibe Kachikwu Shakes Baru At The Nigerian Economic Summit, Earlier Today / Harvard University Uses Nigeria As A Case Study Of A Failed African Country / Wadume: APC Gave Me N13m For 2019 Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.