Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:16 AM

Ojukwu And Gowon Eating Together At Aburu,ghana 1967 - Photo - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ojukwu And Gowon Eating Together At Aburu,ghana 1967 - Photo (55254 Views)

Ajimobi, His Wife And Alao Akala Eating Together (Photo) / Bianca Ojukwu And Her Children: Then & Now / Abacha, Ojukwu And Gowon In A Private Jet (Throwback Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ojukwu And Gowon Eating Together At Aburu,ghana 1967 - Photo by Nobody: 9:43pm On Dec 24, 2015
indeed there must be
Re: Ojukwu And Gowon Eating Together At Aburu,ghana 1967 - Photo by ElCapone(m): 10:07pm On Dec 24, 2015
scotred19:

The last time I checked, his people are not complaining. We all think he did the right. he was the leader, when capture the leader in a war, you have killed the people physically and physiological.
Yet they couldn't even wait to rush back into nigeria after they surrendered. Was the struggle worth the lifes of innocent children, women and even young men? Even after this sacrifice of this lives, what has become of the biafran issue. Don't get me wrong here cos me am nt against ur secession but, non of ur lives are worth sacrificing for this cause. Whatever must be achieved shld be through peaceful means and nothing more!!!

2 Likes

Re: Ojukwu And Gowon Eating Together At Aburu,ghana 1967 - Photo by Nobody: 11:06pm On Dec 24, 2015
I hate this useless picture.
I've been on nairaland for two going to three years and in that time I've seen this picture over ten to twenty times.
The worst part is after watching the video it came from I realized its not something we as Nigerians should celebrate; Ojukwu did not eat the food, he only pretended to. His mind was made up to stage a war while contemporaries from the other big tribes moved for peace.

3 Likes

Re: Ojukwu And Gowon Eating Together At Aburu,ghana 1967 - Photo by Nobody: 11:09pm On Dec 24, 2015
searchiing4love:
Nnamdi now knows the importance of freedom. He was so free in London that he had to set up a radio to run his mouth. How can a single individual intend to take on a whole federal government? What kept him alive till this stage is the so called democracy we are practising. A military leader would have ordered his death by firing squad. Useless man that chose to waste his life in exchange for fraudulent fame. Even his closest allies have abandoned him grin uchemefor the deputy dilector and his pregnant wife remained in London while Kanu suffer alone. By the time the authorities are through with him, he will sing the national pledge like a parrot.

2 Likes

Re: Ojukwu And Gowon Eating Together At Aburu,ghana 1967 - Photo by fawaz050(m): 11:22pm On Dec 24, 2015
sukkot:
ojukwu looking at the food like ' what is this tuwo shinkafa nonsense ? i cant wait to get home to attack my ofe onugbu and akpu '
Bro,tuwo shinkafa 4 ghana?
Re: Ojukwu And Gowon Eating Together At Aburu,ghana 1967 - Photo by dapsonlou(m): 11:57pm On Dec 24, 2015
princejayboss:

Go and get your history bro.... It baffles me how our youths are so uninformed.... Ask questions when you don't know the actual fact..... If the pact was kept .... Ojukwu who would have been the richest man in Africa going forward would not have lost all his wealth in the war.....

Money? If Biafra Was a Success, Ojukwu would have been the Richest man alive. All that Oil in South South, your People like doing yes sir to your Elites so no one would change him. Infact even if the Whole country of biafra is poor they will still hail him and talk about how rich he is even though he's spend their money.
Re: Ojukwu And Gowon Eating Together At Aburu,ghana 1967 - Photo by divine9540: 12:15am On Dec 25, 2015
searchiing4love:
Nnamdi now knows the importance of freedom. He was so free in London that he had to set up a radio to run his mouth. How can a single individual intend to take on a whole federal government? What kept him alive till this stage is the so called democracy we are practising. A military leader would have ordered his death by firing squad. Useless man that chose to waste his life in exchange for fraudulent fame. Even his closest allies have abandoned him grin uchemefor the deputy dilector and his pregnant wife remained in London while Kanu suffer alone. By the time the authorities are through with him, he will sing the national pledge like a parrot.
. see name searchingforlove ur mate dy on top Dr wife empty brain
Re: Ojukwu And Gowon Eating Together At Aburu,ghana 1967 - Photo by Nobody: 12:25am On Dec 25, 2015
irrelevant...solo count down...to...201..6

Re: Ojukwu And Gowon Eating Together At Aburu,ghana 1967 - Photo by Bright90s(m): 1:50am On Dec 25, 2015
viviangist:
grin grin
endtime dinning
Re: Ojukwu And Gowon Eating Together At Aburu,ghana 1967 - Photo by Vulu: 2:11am On Dec 25, 2015
searchiing4love:

This Yoruba midget you are still shouting about kanu the activist. He has told you he will remain where he is until the world stops laughing at your judiciary.

3 Likes

Re: Ojukwu And Gowon Eating Together At Aburu,ghana 1967 - Photo by princejayboss: 2:30am On Dec 25, 2015
dapsonlou:

Money? If Biafra Was a Success, Ojukwu would have been the Richest man alive. All that Oil in South South, your People like doing yes sir to your Elites so no one would change him. Infact even if the Whole country of biafra is poor they will still hail him and talk about how rich he is even though he's spend their money.

Do you really think you made sense with the trash above?

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu And Gowon Eating Together At Aburu,ghana 1967 - Photo by juman(m): 3:39am On Dec 25, 2015
Very useless generation of people.

The generation that destroyed the country.
Re: Ojukwu And Gowon Eating Together At Aburu,ghana 1967 - Photo by LEAFLET(m): 5:15am On Dec 25, 2015
All u fools quoting me can kiss my a&ss for all I care, I just said my mind no time to come nairaland dey argue with jobless Youraba people!! Biafra or no Biafra you are not better then the average Igbo man! #Fact
Re: Ojukwu And Gowon Eating Together At Aburu,ghana 1967 - Photo by Uchenna360: 7:21am On Dec 25, 2015
Its a natural phenomena. We disagree to agree, create dispute to make input......if there is no war then we won't value Peace. Ojukwu did what he was built for and so did Gowon.
Choose ur friends well.
HAPPY XMAS All.
Re: Ojukwu And Gowon Eating Together At Aburu,ghana 1967 - Photo by Newmanluckyman(m): 8:01am On Dec 25, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
The war was avoidable. Ojukwu shouldn't have allowed his ambition to overrule his sense. Declaring a unilateral republic without the consent of ethnic nationalities was a shame.
... Here you go again. Always hypocritical. Two sides are involved in a coin and you went ahead to unilaterally blamed one and set the other free in your limited mind. Bro, as we are approaching next year, Kindly do away with all these bile, hatred and self seeking-attentions. Thank you.
Re: Ojukwu And Gowon Eating Together At Aburu,ghana 1967 - Photo by DiademSh07: 8:39am On Dec 25, 2015
Bantino:

Gowon signed the accord and was ready to implement it but it was Awolowo who strongly advised him not to implement it and that was what resulted to war because it was the only way to get Ojukwu to stand down

Awolowo is the betrayer
You ibos are either illiterate or dull!
Where was Awolowo before the civil war started?
He was in the prison yet you fools keep dragging the innocent man into your predestined suicidal approach!

2 Likes

Re: Ojukwu And Gowon Eating Together At Aburu,ghana 1967 - Photo by DiademSh07: 8:40am On Dec 25, 2015
thisisayus:
Lemme explain to those who don't know.
Accord was signed during the tension that was before the war.
It was agreed that Nigeria should run a confederal system of govt and the central(gowon) shld be weak. Just like tanzayaki and Zanzibar (Now Tanzania) and Senegal, Swaziland and Gambia (defunct senegambia) . Gowon agreed to the accord but on getting to Nigeria where he narrated the content to Awo(special adviser and minister of finance) who now advised him not to honor the accord and gowon accepted Awo's advices (reason why igbos hate Awo).
It was after then Naira and kobo, right and drive was changed to left hand, 12states was created just to weaken ojukwu's secession's plan. But it angered him and war broke out.
DiademSh07:

You ibos are either illiterate or dull!
Where was Awolowo before the civil war started?
He was in the prison yet you fools keep dragging the innocent man into your predestined suicidal approach!
Death to ibo education!
Re: Ojukwu And Gowon Eating Together At Aburu,ghana 1967 - Photo by DiademSh07: 8:57am On Dec 25, 2015
princejayboss:

Keep confusing yourself... Do you even know what lead to the aburi issue?

Are you trying to tell me that Gowon came to Aburi alone ? No other member of the ruling council?

What stops Awolowo from joining the aburi meeting.... He was hoping that if a coup happens ... He will be able access power control?

There a draft and assessment of the aburi document before hand remember? What stops Gowon from studying it with his advisers.... Or are you telling me that ojukwu has more advisers than a head of state ?

Nobody forced him to sign the accord? Was he under duress?

What is ambition in trying to take your people away from the other that can never love them... In September 1966 .... Over 30,000 igbo people were killed .... Go to Wikipedia...you will find .....

Finally ... You need to stop listening to wrack history from people who want to keep you from the truth.... Believing that igbo were too ambitious to go away from Nigeria is like believing that Palestine has a state in now land of Israel...... You need to be there or have the right history to know the factual truth

You are just too dull like you fellow ibos!
You wanna know why Awolowo was absent! He definitely didn't have the freedom your stup!d ibo coup plotters had in their eastern prison where they moved in and out, despite their grave offence of killing Akintola, Balewa. Ahmadu Bello, Eboh! What nonsense!
Shameless landlocked parasites!

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu And Gowon Eating Together At Aburu,ghana 1967 - Photo by PANAFRICANA: 8:59am On Dec 25, 2015
GOWON QUICKLY RUSH THE MEAT LIKE OJU KOKORO...
Re: Ojukwu And Gowon Eating Together At Aburu,ghana 1967 - Photo by theDEVILisHERE: 9:12am On Dec 25, 2015
viviangist:
That is the Love Before the War, Gowon and Ojukwu sharing a meal at Aburu,Ghana.While Ghana's head of state Joe Ankrah watches.Jan 1967 , Hope the History can Justify the Future.

Report From http://www.viviangist.com/biafran-ojukwu-and-gowon-eating-together-at-aburughana-1967

Cc; lalasticlala

That was before the idiotic British house slave Mr Gowon went ahead to help his slave masters killing fellow Africans because of his greedy and evil mindset
Too bad his people have started suffering the consequences of his evil actions

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu And Gowon Eating Together At Aburu,ghana 1967 - Photo by dapsonlou(m): 12:58pm On Dec 25, 2015
princejayboss:

Do you really think you made sense with the trash above?

If you don't see the Sense, move on to the next post, you
Might like that
Re: Ojukwu And Gowon Eating Together At Aburu,ghana 1967 - Photo by T8ksy(m): 3:45pm On Dec 25, 2015
Allann:

But was it not Ironsi who abolished the rgional system, and introduced unitary system? Then when it no longer favoured the igbo, they want a reversal.

Gbosa! This is atypical ibo "smartness" been manifested.

It was the ibos who were all for One Nigeria right from the onset, whilst at the same time telling the rest of us, how the intend to dominate us in the new country.

They formed alliance with the same northerners who just loved to Suyanise their impish obdurate flat heads at will, in the first republic , and in the process dominated the rest of their so-called "southern brothers" till they started to lose their grip on power when Akintola decided to follow in their footsteps and kowtow to the mallams . As usual, "smart ibos" killed everyone who could oppose their nefarious selfish agenda from the other regions leaving their own leaders alive then viola! They figured what the country now needs is centralised govt with them making decisions that impact on our lives without our input, for us.

However, just barely 3 months later when they were out of power, the same garrulous Ojukwu who was filled to the brim with joy when his homeboy forced Decree 34 on us, now wants confederacy. It's unfortunate that what they perceive as " cleverness" is clearly discern as bare mischievousness in sane clime.

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu And Gowon Eating Together At Aburu,ghana 1967 - Photo by princejayboss: 9:25pm On Dec 25, 2015
DiademSh07:

You wanna know why Awolowo was absent! He definitely didn't have the freedom your stup!d ibo coup plotters had in their eastern prison where they moved in and out, despite their grave offence of killing Akintola, Balewa. Ahmadu Bello, Eboh! What nonsense!

Your response totally showed you know nothing about this history..... Stay out of or you stay as an observer..
Re: Ojukwu And Gowon Eating Together At Aburu,ghana 1967 - Photo by odaniel1(m): 11:31pm On Dec 25, 2015
Beware of collabo hostel mates!
Re: Ojukwu And Gowon Eating Together At Aburu,ghana 1967 - Photo by seaga: 7:15am On Dec 26, 2015
ladyF:

lol there was a reason I cancelled that part grin

Well it didn't work for me, because I gat my eyes on you grin, don't mind me.Hope Christmas was fun?
Re: Ojukwu And Gowon Eating Together At Aburu,ghana 1967 - Photo by ladyF(f): 1:03pm On Dec 27, 2015
seaga:

Well it didn't work for me, because I gat my eyes on you grin, don't mind me.Hope Christmas was fun?
sure it was smiley
Re: Ojukwu And Gowon Eating Together At Aburu,ghana 1967 - Photo by SonOfEl(m): 1:30pm On Dec 27, 2015
DiademSh07:

Parasites? Look who's talking!
Re: Ojukwu And Gowon Eating Together At Aburu,ghana 1967 - Photo by seaga: 11:47pm On Dec 27, 2015
ladyF:

sure it was smiley

Lucky you
Re: Ojukwu And Gowon Eating Together At Aburu,ghana 1967 - Photo by odaniel1(m): 12:51am On Dec 28, 2015
Eating from the same plate? Didt d ibos see all ds bfr jumping into d war with the beard gang? Tnk God fr social media!
Re: Ojukwu And Gowon Eating Together At Aburu,ghana 1967 - Photo by Allann(m): 10:59pm On Jan 04, 2016
T8ksy:

Gbosa! This is atypical ibo "smartness" been manifested.

It was the ibos who were all for One Nigeria right from the onset, whilst at the same time telling the rest of us, how the intend to dominate us in the new country.

They formed alliance with the same northerners who just loved to Suyanise their impish obdurate flat heads at will, in the first republic , and in the process dominated the rest of their so-called "southern brothers" till they started to lose their grip on power when Akintola decided to follow in their footsteps and kowtow to the mallams . As usual, "smart ibos" killed everyone who could oppose their nefarious selfish agenda from the other regions leaving their own leaders alive then viola! They figured what the country now needs is centralised govt with them making decisions that impact on our lives without our input, for us.

However, just barely 3 months later when they were out of power, the same garrulous Ojukwu who was filled to the brim with joy when his homeboy forced Decree 34 on us, now wants confederacy. It's unfortunate that what they perceive as " cleverness" is clearly discern as bare mischievousness in sane clime.

Ah ah ah! U sabi!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ibe Kachikwu Shakes Baru At The Nigerian Economic Summit, Earlier Today / Harvard University Uses Nigeria As A Case Study Of A Failed African Country / Wadume: APC Gave Me N13m For 2019 Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.