Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,613 members, 7,813,008 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:41 AM

The Christmas Tree That Cost Imo State Govt N600M - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Christmas Tree That Cost Imo State Govt N600M (68969 Views)

Okorocha's Sister Who Pocketed N600m While Pensioners Suffer - Facebook User / Court Grants Metuh N600m Bail / Christmas Tree That Allegedly Cost Imo Govt ‘N600M’ & People’s Reactions (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Christmas Tree That Cost Imo State Govt N600M by redsun(m): 11:28pm On Dec 24, 2015
The tree looks amazing but the cost is whopping,it is nit worth the trouble. With that amount he could plant hectares of timbers for commercial, industrial uses and environmental rejuvenation.

1 Like

Re: The Christmas Tree That Cost Imo State Govt N600M by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:29pm On Dec 24, 2015
godoluwa:
TonyeBarcanista, oya cum choose one beteen Rochas Okorocha & Ayodele Fayose
no one de preferable

1 Like

Re: The Christmas Tree That Cost Imo State Govt N600M by ajepako(f): 11:34pm On Dec 24, 2015
600 million bucks for Christmas tree?

Or the okoroawusa bought the entire brasillian rain forest?

Chai...

In Bahari's voice''' this abokiii is kwarruft walahi'

grin grin grin

CC
Fire fire, temitemi, mogidi, tonyebarcanista, passingshot,beremx, agarawu123, rilwayne01, ajebuter , omenka,anonimi,

1 Like

Re: The Christmas Tree That Cost Imo State Govt N600M by badnature: 11:38pm On Dec 24, 2015
that is what you get when you have an awusa man from jos as your governor

1 Like

Re: The Christmas Tree That Cost Imo State Govt N600M by FILUX(m): 11:40pm On Dec 24, 2015
Mallam Okorocha and his 419 ways.. just busy enriching himself... Sorry for Imo state

1 Like

Re: The Christmas Tree That Cost Imo State Govt N600M by akuracy(m): 11:41pm On Dec 24, 2015
End time tree
Re: The Christmas Tree That Cost Imo State Govt N600M by emycul: 11:49pm On Dec 24, 2015
I opened my mouth for minutes on hearing dis. Can't just understand how som pple tink or take odas. How on earth can he justify his action on d xpense of poor Imo workers. God!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: The Christmas Tree That Cost Imo State Govt N600M by Higherhere: 12:23am On Dec 25, 2015
BADNEAT:
That is not correct....the whole Christmas decorations including the Christmas tree cost just N679million.... lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed...
U said "JUST"?
Re: The Christmas Tree That Cost Imo State Govt N600M by mbulela: 12:25am On Dec 25, 2015
BADNEAT:
That is not correct....the whole Christmas decorations including the Christmas tree cost just N679million.... lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed...

you deserve to be flogged in the public square.

1 Like

Re: The Christmas Tree That Cost Imo State Govt N600M by onyeekul001(m): 12:28am On Dec 25, 2015
As usual, i'm not surprise" o na zuzugari ka ndi ugwu" Okoroawusa kaweh.

1 Like

Re: The Christmas Tree That Cost Imo State Govt N600M by akuracy(m): 12:29am On Dec 25, 2015
BADNEAT:

Let's find this man and use him for suya
Re: The Christmas Tree That Cost Imo State Govt N600M by 1mol(m): 12:36am On Dec 25, 2015
Let's see what buhari Will say to this.
Re: The Christmas Tree That Cost Imo State Govt N600M by Bobbybube(m): 12:40am On Dec 25, 2015
He's a conman of the highest standard. Duping unsuspecting citizens of the state. Because indigines would be returning this xmas; he has beautified the state. performing shambolic painting, hoisting signboards of fictitious projects,substandard road constructions that wouldn't last January

He is the definition of a con artist

1 Like

Re: The Christmas Tree That Cost Imo State Govt N600M by MeandSum: 1:46am On Dec 25, 2015
BenNnajiBLOG:
The Reaction Of Nigerians For The Christmas Tree That Cost Imo State Govt N600 Million
[img]http://2.bp..com/-UCh61UNLO00/VnwpaaXvAvI/AAAAAAAABEo/sfeMbEdgFPo/s640/christmas%2Btree.jpg[/img]

Earlier this month, Governor Rochas Okorocha reportedly approved N600 million for this Christmas tree and New Year decorations.

The cost is really shocking considering the fact that the state workers have not been paid salaries for several months.

Undoubtedly, the tree and its price have triggered emotional reactions among Nigerians who started blaming Governor Okorocha, appealing to his conscience.

OP, did you verify he actually spent that money on the tree? I doubt any politician would be that stup1d(even in Nigeria).
That's the issue with most of your guys. You post a story here that's absolutely BS and the sheep get wind up.
Re: The Christmas Tree That Cost Imo State Govt N600M by NakedEve: 2:04am On Dec 25, 2015
lies.
Igbo pple r funny.
I HV seen this picture some years back.
This is Northern Nigeria not IMO.
Re: The Christmas Tree That Cost Imo State Govt N600M by JJKADRY(m): 2:44am On Dec 25, 2015
I swear, dis rudchas no sick oo but, e nn well at all..... M600 for flawa abi wetin?
Re: The Christmas Tree That Cost Imo State Govt N600M by chidifyn(f): 3:10am On Dec 25, 2015
omolami:
If this story is true, this is the best time for all Imolites to revolt. Such revolution should be the one that will force the governor to vacate his seat immediately. His house should equally be burnt down.
Revolt The imolites re enjoying themselves and we r here crying over split milk. Go to override in d night and see d crowd of pple there taking selfies. Bit old n young. Remember d saying if u can't beat them u join them. But at night d decorations re beautiful. Let's leave d Imo pple to complain n fight for justice. But from Wat I saw over d wkend I think they r enjoying their 600m decorations lol
Re: The Christmas Tree That Cost Imo State Govt N600M by chidifyn(f): 3:12am On Dec 25, 2015
omolami:
If this story is true, this is the best time for all Imolites to revolt. Such revolution should be the one that will force the governor to vacate his seat immediately. His house should equally be burnt down.
Revolt The imolites re enjoying themselves and we r here crying over split milk. Go to owerri in d night and see d crowd of pple there taking selfies. Both old n young. Remember d saying if u can't beat them u join them. At night d decorations re beautiful. Let's leave d Imo pple to complain n fight for justice. But from Wat I saw over d wkend I think they r enjoying their 600m decorations lol
Re: The Christmas Tree That Cost Imo State Govt N600M by zudozz: 3:46am On Dec 25, 2015
4 all of u that voted 4 APC n Change that tree is 4 u people. just carry ur family go under that tree go dey collect shield with bottle of kunu or zobo. Human Beings can be empty upstairs gan!

1 Like

Re: The Christmas Tree That Cost Imo State Govt N600M by repogirl(f): 3:53am On Dec 25, 2015
Change embarassed

1 Like

Re: The Christmas Tree That Cost Imo State Govt N600M by Tuatara(m): 5:07am On Dec 25, 2015
They re-elected him, despite knowing who he really was. It's unfortunate though. The best Christmas gift would have been to pay all worker's outstanding salaries. The man is evil in a nice way.

1 Like

Re: The Christmas Tree That Cost Imo State Govt N600M by mikolo80: 5:28am On Dec 25, 2015
yinkzzboy:
Imagine 600 poor pple having 1 million naira each
shebi 2019 is coming. calm down. think of it as savings for the rainy day
Re: The Christmas Tree That Cost Imo State Govt N600M by Nobody: 5:42am On Dec 25, 2015
mbulela:

you deserve to be flogged in the public square.
cheesy grin grin grin....my people My people....2015 the new name is Jabs jabs jabs,factory factory factory,employment employment employment, industry industry industry......My people My people!!!! grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Christmas Tree That Cost Imo State Govt N600M by Nobody: 5:44am On Dec 25, 2015
Higherhere:

U said "JUST"?
it's but a Just my brother....im in owerri right now....The Suffering is unprecedented...but I have no pity!!

1 Like

Re: The Christmas Tree That Cost Imo State Govt N600M by philips70(m): 5:51am On Dec 25, 2015
Abagworo:
When Ihedioha 1st told that lie he got a response from Okorocha.

http://dailypost.ng/2015/12/04/n600m-for-christmas-decoration-okorocha-slams-ihedioha/

N600m for Christmas
decoration: Okorocha
slams Ihedioha
By Ameh Comrade Godwin on December 4, 2015 @dailypostngr
Imo State Governor, Rochas Owelle Okorocha has replied former Deputy Speaker of the House of
Representatives, Chief Emeka Ihedioha, over his recent media attack on him.
Ihedioha had claimed that the governor was earmarking
N600 million for decorations for the yuletide season.
Speaking through a press statement signed by his Chief
Press Secretary, Sam Onwuemeodo, the governor said he
was shocked that Ihedioha decided to attack him in the
media without verification.

“On our part, we feel for Chief Ihedioha, that, a former
Deputy Speaker of the House of Representatives and a
member of that House for 12 years, could rush to the media
to attack the governor over what he claimed to have read
about the governor earmarking N600million for decorations,
and not that the governor has spent the amount on the
issue, and he could not also disclose the source of the
report for it to be believed”, Onwuemeodo stated.

Onwuemeodo also challenged Chief Ihedioha and the PDP
to catalogue and publish their achievements for the 12
years they governed the state and let Governor Okorocha
publish his own achievements for the period he has held
sway.

“We also challenge Chief Ihedioha to tell Imo people why the
Owerri-Port Harcourt road, Aba-Owerri road, Umuahia-
Owerri road could not be finished when he was number
seven citizen in the country as the Deputy Speaker of House
of Representatives.

“Let him also publish the list of NDDC projects for the state
and the contractors,” Onwuemeodo said.

I thought I was going to read the actual amounts and the true picture of things. If someone alleges you used N600m in decorations in a state where people are suffering I think it should be of urgency for you to give a correct counter narrative absent of which you are fully culpable.
It's all over the media and till this morning no reasonable correct counter narrative. I will conclude Okorocha is a disappointment to Imolites.

2 Likes

Re: The Christmas Tree That Cost Imo State Govt N600M by Nobody: 5:58am On Dec 25, 2015
akuracy:

Let's find this man and use him for suya
that's the hungry fool we contributed money to run for election in 2011...fast forward to today, he claims he was a multi billionaire

1 Like

Re: The Christmas Tree That Cost Imo State Govt N600M by Nobody: 6:06am On Dec 25, 2015
NakedEve:
lies.
Igbo pple r funny.
I HV seen this picture some years back.
This is Northern Nigeria not IMO.
you're funnier....thats owerri

Re: The Christmas Tree That Cost Imo State Govt N600M by Kay2120(m): 6:42am On Dec 25, 2015
Na Xmas tree dem wan shop ni embarassedNa Xmas tree dem wan shop ni

1 Like

Re: The Christmas Tree That Cost Imo State Govt N600M by justkisses(m): 7:27am On Dec 25, 2015
#MyThoughts

1. Sometimes I still wonder how and why Imo people re-elected him, rochas to office.
2. Sometimes I don't pity them since they voted him again not minding the handwriting on the wall.
3. Sometimes I also think it was a stolen mandate by rochas & APC.
4. And again, sometimes I think "had it been PDP brought a better candidate in the last governorship election, this dude wouldn't still be there as our governor.

I only just wonder!

In Murray Bruce slang..i just want to make common sense! Smh

1 Like

Re: The Christmas Tree That Cost Imo State Govt N600M by bewla(m): 8:13am On Dec 25, 2015
imported from heaven
Re: The Christmas Tree That Cost Imo State Govt N600M by wisellette: 8:20am On Dec 25, 2015
I'm sorry, but last I heard, IMO STATE GOVERNMENT HAS PAID WORKERS THEIR SALARIES TO THE LAST PENNY. WHY ISNT ANYONE REPORTING THAT?

People are too many in the markets because there's money to make your purchases. Rochas paid 10 months salaries.

IMO is calm and people are happy and celebrating. It's only online you see these kind of comments. Why is that?
Re: The Christmas Tree That Cost Imo State Govt N600M by Offorfelix(m): 8:45am On Dec 25, 2015
If that is true the man no try,pple are crying for their salary to feed their families while the govnor is bizzy spendin that kind of money for flower

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Photos Of The Female Soldier Who Died In Army Uniform / Kiki Osinbajo Outfit To DJ Cuppy's Foundation's Fundraising Event / Buhari's Alleged Wedding: Nigerians Joke About The Wedding (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.