Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:39 AM

7 Things The Bible Forbids, But We Do Anyway - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 7 Things The Bible Forbids, But We Do Anyway (64915 Views)

Church Forbids Wife From Sleeping With Hubby Over Holy Communion / 12 Things The Bible Forbids But We Still Do And Consider Normal / 10 Things The Holy Book Teaches About Fornication (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Things The Bible Forbids, But We Do Anyway by CoolUsername: 9:55am On Dec 28, 2015
omojeesu:

Yes, we can and should, in fact cherry-pick which OT law to obey!

The Law has 3 main components: Ceremonial / ritualistic, moral and civil. The first essentially deals with worship, notably temple worship e.g. animal sacrifice, ceremonial cleansings, food items approved or not, no graven image, approved clothing, etc The second deals with human relationships e.g. thou shall not kill, steal, etc while the third generally emanates from the second to manage societal peace.

Jesus lived under the OT and perfectly fulfilled the Law. No one did before Him. It was impossible to even do so by any man then and after and now. Not only that. With authority and finality, He gave proper interpretation and understanding to the law correcting many wrong notions the religious leaders of the time gave the people.

Jesus put and end to the law namely the ceremonies and rituals. The moral laws are eternal. They sum up in Love of fellow humans, neighbours and enemies alike.

The material composition of clothes worn is immaterial to a person's salvation and relationship with God under the GRACE in the NT. (just as whether you eat pork or not won't affect God)

Of course, this can't be supported by any bible verse because it is just one of the many interpretations of the bible by man in order to suit his convenience.
Re: 7 Things The Bible Forbids, But We Do Anyway by KLand(m): 11:27am On Dec 28, 2015
Scriptures taken out of context. We know better.
Re: 7 Things The Bible Forbids, But We Do Anyway by omojeesu(m): 12:21pm On Dec 28, 2015
CoolUsername:

Of course, this can't be supported by any bible verse because it is just one of the many interpretations of the bible by man in order to suit his convenience.

Here are examples of supportive verses:

1. The OT was WEAK, UNPROFITABLE and NOT PERFECT:

Hebrews 7:11
IF THEREFORE PERFECTION WERE BY the Levitical priesthood, (for under it the people received the law,) WHAT FURTHER NEED WAS there that ANOTHER priest should rise after the order of Melchisedec, and not be called after the order of Aaron?

Heb 7:18
For THERE IS VERILY a DISANNULLING of the commandment going before for the WEAKNESS and UNPROFITABLENESS thereof.

Heb 7:22
BY SO MUCH WAS Jesus MADE a SURETY of a BETTER testament.

Heb 8:6
But NOW HATH HE OBTAINED a MORE EXCELLENT MINISTRY, by how much also he is the MEDIATOR of a BETTER COVENANT, which was established upon BETTER PROMISES.

Heb 8:7 FOR IF THAT FIRST COVENANT HAD BEEN FAULTLESS, THEN SHOULD NO PLACE HAVE BEEN SOUGHT for THE SECOND.

Heb 8:13
In that he saith, A NEW COVENANT, HE HATH MADE THE FIRST OLD. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

2. On animal sacrifices:

Heb 9:13
For IF the blood of bulls and of goats, and the ashes of an heifer sprinkling the unclean, sanctifieth to the purifying of the flesh:

Heb 9:14 HOW MUCH MORE shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from DEAD WORKS to serve the living God?

...... Law = shadow

Heb 10:1
For the law having a SHADOW of good things to come, and NOT THE VERY IMAGE of the things, CAN NEVER with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect.

Heb 10:14
For BY ONE OFFERING he HATH PERFECTED FOR EVER them that are sanctified.
Re: 7 Things The Bible Forbids, But We Do Anyway by omojeesu(m): 12:30pm On Dec 28, 2015
CoolUsername:

Romans 10:4
For CHRIST is THE END of THE LAW for RIGHTEOUSNESS to EVERY ONE that BELIEVETH.

Rom 13:9
For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it IS BRIEFLY COMPREHENDED in THIS SAYING, namely, Thou shalt LOVE thy NEIGHBOUR as thyself.

Rom 13:10
Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: THEREFORE LOVE is THE FULFILLING of the LAW.
Re: 7 Things The Bible Forbids, But We Do Anyway by bukiboy(m): 3:54pm On Dec 28, 2015
Dhilariousdandy:

In my own understanding....

That is in the Old Testament in the days of Elijah, Moses, Aaron etc...

The same bible let me to know that in

1 Corinthians 11:14
Does not nature itself teach you that if a man wears long hair it is a disgrace for him,....

Ezekiel also wore a beard, as you can see in this passage where God has him to shave part of his hair and beard, as a symbolic gesture showing the shame that would soon come upon Jerusalem. Shaving the head or beard of a man in these times would have caused severe humiliation, and God used this illustration by his prophet Ezekiel to reflect the impending shame that Jerusalem would soon feel by the hands of their enemies (the Babylonians):

“Now, son of man, take a sharp sword and use it as a barber’s razor to shave your head and your beard. Then take a set of scales and divide up the hair. (Ezekiel 5:1)"

if we don't accept the old testament because of trimming of beard then wny do we pay tithes?
Re: 7 Things The Bible Forbids, But We Do Anyway by ibolomo(m): 5:00pm On Dec 28, 2015
CoolUsername:
Mixed fabrics are bad too!

All of you, with your 50% cotton 50% polyester blends are going to hell.
the passage that says you shouldn't use mixed fabrics was doing so to avert the sin of swindling people. Fabric makers could weave a less expensive cotton into a more expensive linen so as to gain more from selling the fabric at the same price for pure linen fabrics. It is the same as those market women who mix sand into their sorghum to make it look more.
Re: 7 Things The Bible Forbids, But We Do Anyway by Oluboonmi(f): 7:09pm On Dec 28, 2015
goodnewscliff:
man....it is boldly written in d bible that false prophet will mislead many...andda at 1timothy 2:11,12 and 1corinthians 14:34,35,there it was clearly stipulated that a womans position in the church is to keep silent but to be in subjection 2 their husbands...if u see d reverse practically,knw dat d church is something elseee...follow #bible standards#not humans
I disagree. The bible says in Joel 2:28 that God will pour his spirit upon sons and daughters, they will prophecy and dream dreams. One of the gifts of the Holy Spirit is to teach, he can teach the church through whoever he wants, either man of women, old or young.
Re: 7 Things The Bible Forbids, But We Do Anyway by DavidOluyale(m): 12:12am On Dec 29, 2015
jrerico1:
2) Braiding your hair:

1Timothy 2:9
"likewise, I want women to adore themselves with proper clothing, modestly and discreetly, not with braided hair and gold or pearls or costly garments. "

2.1 Gold

2.2 Pearls

2.3 Costly garments

He who breaks a law has broken all. U sinned against God for all expensive cloth you ever possessed ?
Re: 7 Things The Bible Forbids, But We Do Anyway by DavidOluyale(m): 12:19am On Dec 29, 2015
jrerico1:
5) Trimming your beard:

leviticus 19:27
"Neither shalt though Mar the corners of thy beard"

PLEASE READ:

Note vs 11, 12, 17, 18,19

*** 24 - 27 (very key )

Galatians 3:11 But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.

3:12 And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them.

3:13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

3:14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

3:15 Brethren, I speak after the manner of men; Though it be but a man's covenant, yet if it be confirmed, no man disannulleth, or addeth thereto.
3:16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

3:17 And this I say, that the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ, the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect.

3:18 For if the inheritance be of the law, it is no more of promise: but God gave it to Abraham by promise.

3:19 Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator.

3:20 Now a mediator is not a mediator of one, but God is one.

3:21 Is the law then against the promises of God? God forbid: for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law.

3:22 But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.

3:23 But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed.

3:24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

3:25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.

3:26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

3:27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

3:29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.
Re: 7 Things The Bible Forbids, But We Do Anyway by femi4: 6:20am On Dec 29, 2015
jrerico1:
2) Braiding your hair:

1Timothy 2:9
"likewise, I want women to adore themselves with proper clothing, modestly and discreetly, not with braided hair and gold or pearls or costly garments. "
Wrongly quoted

The scripture simply says: To be seen as adorable person, focus more on proper clothing and be modest.

There is nothing like DO NOT USE gold/or do braids in that verse.

Stop qouting the scripture out of context.
Re: 7 Things The Bible Forbids, But We Do Anyway by oluwatunde1984(m): 12:06pm On Dec 29, 2015
I reject, rebuke and forbid hell fire in Jesus name
Re: 7 Things The Bible Forbids, But We Do Anyway by Nobody: 7:15am On Dec 30, 2015
FuckTheMod:

You so dumb and such a hypocrite

Jesus himself said he came to fulfill the laws and you're turning it upside down angry

God will judge you.
How come we abandoned eye for an eye , if he did not free us from those laws and sacrifices ? Or is it that you don't know how to quote people without cursing ?shows how much you know what Christ came to do and how much you know about other religions and how they relate Christianity. Obviously you are a typical Nigerian church goer and tithe Payer who thinks for some reason they are the bible masters. How typical?
Re: 7 Things The Bible Forbids, But We Do Anyway by Dhilariousdandy(m): 8:44pm On Dec 31, 2015
bukiboy:

if we don't accept the old testament because of trimming of beard then wny do we pay tithes?

Luke 21:1-4
Jesus looked up and saw the rich putting their gifts into the offering box, and he saw a poor widow put in two small copper coins. And he said, “Truly, I tell you, this poor widow has put in more than all of them. For they all contributed out of their abundance, but she out of her poverty put in all she had to live on.”

Luke 18:12
I fast twice a week; I give tithes of all that I get.’

2 Corinthians 9:7
Each one must give as he has decided in his heart, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.
Re: 7 Things The Bible Forbids, But We Do Anyway by Dhilariousdandy(m): 8:55pm On Dec 31, 2015
0ldirtybastard:

You really lack understanding.
Man, go read your Bible..
Re: 7 Things The Bible Forbids, But We Do Anyway by Dhilariousdandy(m): 8:57pm On Dec 31, 2015
Strahovski:
It's only the beard part you read?
All your 7 points is on the beard undecided
I'm very much attracted in that...
Re: 7 Things The Bible Forbids, But We Do Anyway by Nobody: 12:14am On Jan 01, 2016
Re: 7 Things The Bible Forbids, But We Do Anyway by calliope(f): 12:10am On Jan 05, 2016
FILEBE:

calliope calliope. My person.
If you have someone is always tempted to steal. What will you advice that person to do?
this is a trick question...... Lmao
Re: 7 Things The Bible Forbids, But We Do Anyway by FILEBE(m): 10:14am On Jan 05, 2016
calliope:
this is a trick question...... Lmao

i'm sure you knw why i asked that question. Just like the question, the answer you give will help you decide on what to do. Calliope! Calliope.
I seem to like the name , Calliope. Sounds like the name i will give disney princess. ;-)

calliope! Calyhope. Lol
Re: 7 Things The Bible Forbids, But We Do Anyway by calliope(f): 10:23am On Jan 05, 2016
FILEBE:

i'm sure you knw why i asked that question. Just like the question, the answer you give will help you decide on what to do. Calliope! Calliope.
I seem to like the name , Calliope. Sounds like the name i will give disney princess. ;-)

calliope! Calyhope. Lol
seriously your question got me thinking.....
And yet I can't fathom an answer
Smiles
Re: 7 Things The Bible Forbids, But We Do Anyway by FILEBE(m): 10:56am On Jan 05, 2016
calliope:
seriously your question got me thinking.....
And yet I can't fathom an answer
Smiles

yes Calliope. It one question that needs serious thinking but the answer isn't far fetched. You know? You alone can.
Re: 7 Things The Bible Forbids, But We Do Anyway by inkaboutit4u(m): 9:24pm On Apr 28, 2017
Dhilariousdandy:

[i][/i]

*********************inkaboutit4u.com reply **************************

Christians are DEAD to the Law.

Romans 7:4 (GW) In the same way, brothers and sisters, you have died to the laws in Moses' Teachings through Christ's body. You belong to someone else, the one who was brought back to life. As a result, we can do what God wants.
[/color]
Christians are free from the Law.

http://inkaboutit4u.com/?p=Expose_Wrong_Sex_Teaching_With_URLs

[url] http://inkaboutit4u.com/?p=Fornication_Does_NOT_have_10_different_meaning_like_they_want_to_tell_you.[/url]

Read Act 10 and 11. What was called unclean or a sin is now Clean per God. WHY

Because Christians are NEW CREATION, of God.

Christians are under a NEW AGE, Age of Grace, NOT Age of Law.

Christians are under a NEW LAW, The Law of Love in the Age of Grace.

We are DEAD to the LAW.

http://inkaboutit4u.com/?p=Bible_Verses_Freedom_to_Love_Others_Deeply

We have freedom in Christ to love everyone. The true will set you free. We are free. Enjoy your freedom.

Before a person finds a Bible Verse that hinds that we are suppose to be unloving, then show them these 8 pages of love verses.

Don't major on the minor. Major on the major (love) and everything else is minor.

Jas 2:12 - So whenever you speak, or whatever you do, remember that you will be judged by the law of love, the law that set you free.

Micah 6:8 The Lord has told you, human, what is good; he has told you what he wants from you: to do what is right to other people, love being kind to others, and live humbly, obeying your God.

G[b]e 1:31 - Then God saw everything that He had made, and indeed it was very good. ...(Note: God designed our human nature, every detail of our natural sexuality, and said it was all very good. The only bad part of us is what we added, the "sin principal" part.)[/b]

Ro 13:8 Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.

Tit 1:15 Unto the pure all things are pure: but unto them that are defiled and unbelieving is nothing pure; but even their mind and conscience is defiled.

Ro 14:20 - For meat destroy not the work of God. All things indeed are pure; but it is evil for that man who eateth with offence.

1Co 10:23 – All things are lawful for me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but all things edify not.

2Co 5:17 - Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.
(Adam and Eve were a "NEW" creation. We are the "new" creation just like Adam and Eve was a "New" creation before the fall, before sin. When they were 100% public nudist and public sexual freedom, make sexual loving in public with no shame, no man made guilt trip.
Like swingers that have sex in front of others with no shame and no guilt. When Adam and Eve was NOT married, they were sex partners only. NO marriage in heaven, No marriage on earth. Jesus said to say NO vows. That means NO marriage vows either. Before the fall both had unlimited sex partners over a life time, the same as all of God 's creation does. In Christ we have sexual freedom to make love to many others as all God's creation does)

Ga 6:15 - For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision avails anything, but a new creation.

Acts 10:13 Then a voice said to Peter, "Get up, Peter; kill and eat." 14 But Peter said, "No, Lord! I have never eaten food that is unholy or unclean." 15 But the voice said to him again, "God has made these things clean so don't call them 'unholy'!" 16 This happened three times

(Note: this was not only about food, but almost everything.)

Ga 5:14 - For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this: "You shall love your neighbor as yourself."

2Jo 1:6 - Love means doing what God has commanded us, and he has commanded us to love one another, just as you heard from the beginning.

1Co 14:1 - Let love be your highest goal, but also desire the special abilities the Spirit gives, especially the gift of prophecy.

Ro 13:9 - For the commandments against adultery and murder and stealing and coveting – and any other commandment – are all summed up in this one commandment: "Love your neighbor as yourself."

Ac 20:24 -But my life is worth nothing unless I use it for doing the work assigned me by the Lord Jesus – the work of telling others the Good News about God's wonderful kindness and love.

Ro 12:10 -Love each other with genuine affection, and take delight in honoring each other.

Ga 5:13 - For you have been called to live in freedom – not freedom to satisfy your sinful nature, but freedom to serve one another in love.
Note: this is the "sin principle" part of us. Being unloving, unkind, unforgiving, unthankful, being mean, selfish, rude, etc opposite of 1 Cor 13. God designed the human nature and said it was very good. We added the "sin principle" part.

Joh 13:35 - Your love for one another will prove to the world that you are my disciples."

Ro 12:9 - Don't just pretend that you love others. Really love them. Hate what is wrong. Stand on the side of the good.

Ro 13:8 - Pay all your debts, except the debt of love for others. You can never finish paying that! If you love your neighbor, you will fulfill all the requirements of God's law.

Ro 13:10 - Love does no wrong to anyone, so love satisfies all of God's requirements.

1 Corinthians 13: 1 - 13

1 If I could speak in any language in heaven or on earth F63 but didn't love others, I would only be making meaningless noise like a loud gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 If I had the gift of prophecy, and if I knew all the mysteries of the future and knew everything about everything, but didn't love others, what good would I be? And if I had the gift of faith so that I could speak to a mountain and make it move, without love I would be no good to anybody. 3 If I gave everything I have to the poor and even sacrificed my body, I could boast about it; F64 but if I didn't love others, I would be of no value whatsoever.
4 Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud 5 or rude. Love does not demand its own way. Love is not irritable, and it keeps no record of when it has been wronged. 6 It is never glad about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. 7 Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance.
8 Love will last forever, but prophecy and speaking in unknown languages and special knowledge will all disappear. 9 Now we know only a little, and even the gift of prophecy reveals little! 10 But when the end comes, these special gifts will all disappear. 11 It's like this: When I was a child, I spoke and thought and reasoned as a child does. But when I grew up, I put away childish things. 12 Now we see things imperfectly as in a poor mirror, but then we will see everything with perfect clarity. All that I know now is partial and incomplete, but then I will know everything completely, just as God knows me now. 13 There are three things that will endure – faith, hope, and love – and the greatest of these is love.

1Co 16:14 - And everything you do must be done with love.

1Co 16:20 - All the brethren greet you. Greet ye one another with an holy kiss.

Gal 5:14 - For the whole law can be summed up in this one command: "Love your neighbor as yourself."

Ga 5:22 - But when the Holy Spirit controls our lives, he will produce this kind of fruit in us: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,

Eph 3:18 - And may you have the power to understand, as all God's people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love really is.

Eph 3:19 - May you experience the love of Christ, though it is so great you will never fully understand it. Then you will be filled with the fullness of life and power that comes from God.

Eph 5:25 - And you husbands must love your wives with the same love Christ showed the church. He gave up his life for her

Eph 5:28 - In the same way, husbands ought to love their wives as they love their own bodies. For a man is actually loving himself when he loves his wife.

Eph 5:33 - So again I say, each man must love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband.

Col 3:14 - And the most important piece of clothing you must wear is love. Love is what binds us all together in perfect harmony.

Colossians 3:12-17

12 Since God chose you to be the holy people whom he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience. 13 You must make allowance for each other's faults and forgive the person who offends you. Remember, the Lord forgave you, so you must forgive others. 14 And the most important piece of clothing you must wear is love. Love is what binds us all together in perfect harmony. 15 And let the peace that comes from Christ rule in your hearts. For as members of one body you are all called to live in peace. And always be thankful. 16 Let the words of Christ, in all their richness, live in your hearts and make you wise. Use his words to teach and counsel each other. Sing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs to God with thankful hearts. 17 And whatever you do or say, let it be as a representative of the Lord Jesus, all the while giving thanks through him to God the Father.

1Th 3:12 - And may the Lord make your love grow and overflow to each other and to everyone else, just as our love overflows toward you.

1Th 4:10 - Indeed, your love is already strong toward all the Christians in all of Macedonia. Even so, dear brothers and sisters, we beg you to love them more and more.

1Th 5:13 - Think highly of them and give them your wholehearted love because of their work. And remember to live peaceably with each other.

1Th 5:26 - Greet all the brethren with an holy kiss.

2Th 1:3 - Dear brothers and sisters, we always thank God for you, as is right, for we are thankful that your faith is flourishing and you are all growing in love for each other.

1Ti 1:5 - The purpose of my instruction is that all the Christians there would be filled with love that comes from a pure heart, a clear conscience, and sincere faith.

1Ti 6:10 - For the love of money is at the root of all kinds of evil. And some people, craving money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many sorrows.

1 Timothy 6:6-12

6 Yet true religion with contentment is great wealth. 7 After all, we didn't bring anything with us when we came into the world, and we certainly cannot carry anything with us when we die. 8 So if we have enough food and clothing, let us be content. 9 But people who long to be rich fall into temptation and are trapped by many foolish and harmful desires that plunge them into ruin and destruction. 10 For the love of money is at the root of all kinds of evil. And some people, craving money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many sorrows. 11 But you, Timothy, belong to God; so run from all these evil things, and follow what is right and good. Pursue a godly life, along with faith, love, perseverance, and gentleness.

Heb 13:5 - Stay away from the love of money; be satisfied with what you have. For God has said, "I will never fail you. I will never forsake you."

Tit 2:4 - These older women must train the younger women to love their husbands and their children,

Jas 2:8 - Yes indeed, it is good when you truly obey our Lord's royal command found in the Scriptures: "Love your neighbor as yourself."

1Pe 1:22 - Now you can have sincere love for each other as brothers and sisters because you were cleansed from your sins when you accepted the truth of the Good News. So see to it that you really do love each other intensely with all your hearts.

1Pe 4:8 - Most important of all, continue to show deep love for each other, for love covers a multitude of sins.

1Pe 5:14 - Greet ye one another with a kiss of charity. Peace be with you all that are in Christ Jesus.

Ga 5:6 - For when we place our faith in Christ Jesus, it makes no difference to God whether we are circumcised or not circumcised. What is important is faith expressing itself in love.

1Jo 3:14 - If we love our Christian brothers and sisters, it proves that we have passed from death to eternal life. But a person who has no love is still dead.
1Jo 3:18 - Dear children, let us stop just saying we love each other; let us really show it by our actions.

1Jo 3:23 - And this is his commandment: We must believe in the name of his Son, Jesus Christ, and love one another, just as he commanded us.

1Jo 4:7 - Dear friends, let us continue to love one another, for love comes from God. Anyone who loves is born of God and knows God.

1Jo 4:8 - But anyone who does not love does not know God – for God is love.

1Jo 4:10 - This is real love. It is not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as a sacrifice to take away our sins.

1Jo 4:11 - Dear friends, since God loved us that much, we surely ought to love each other.

1Jo 4:12 - No one has ever seen God. But if we love each other, God lives in us, and his love has been brought to full expression through us.

1Jo 4:16 - We know how much God loves us, and we have put our trust in him.God is love, and all who live in love live in God, and God lives in them.

1Jo 4:17 - And as we live in God, our love grows more perfect. So we will not be afraid on the day of judgment, but we can face him with confidence because we are like Christ here in this world.

1Jo 4:18 - Such love has no fear because perfect love expels all fear. If we are afraid, it is for fear of judgment, and this shows that his love has not been perfected in us.

1Jo 4:19 - We love each other as a result of his loving us first.

1Jo 4:20 - If someone says, "I love God," but hates a Christian brother or sister, that person is a liar; for if we don't love people we can see, how can we love God, whom we have not seen?

1Jo 4:21 - And God himself has commanded that we must love not only him but our Christian brothers and sisters, too.
2Jo 1:5 - And now I want to urge you, dear lady, that we should love one another. This is not a new commandment, but one we had from the beginning.

Re 2:4 - But I have this complaint against you. You don't love me or each other as you did at first!

Lu 7:45 - You didn't give me a kiss of greeting, but she has kissed my feet again and again from the time I first came in.

Ro 16:16 - Salute one another with an holy kiss. The churches of Christ salute you.

Lu 7:45 - Thou gavest me no kiss: but this woman since the time I came in hath not ceased to kiss my feet.

Ro 16:16 - Salute one another with an holy kiss. The churches of Christ salute you.

2Co 13:12 - Greet one another with an holy kiss.

1Jo 3:3 - And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.

Jas 2:8 - If you really fulfill the royal law according to the Scripture, "You shall love your neighbor as yourself," you do well;

James 3:17 But the wisdom from above is first pure, then peace-loving, gentle, compliant, full of mercy and good fruits, without favoritism and hypocrisy.

NLT James 3:17 But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure. It is also peace loving, gentle at all times, and willing to yield to others. It is full of mercy and good deeds. It shows no partiality and is always sincere.

New Century Version James 3:17 But the wisdom that comes from God is first of all pure, then peaceful, gentle, and easy to please. This wisdom is always ready to help those who are troubled and to do good for others. It is always fair and honest.

NLT Micah 6:8 No, O people, the LORD has already told you what is good, and this is what he requires: to do what is right, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

1 Like

Re: 7 Things The Bible Forbids, But We Do Anyway by afponline: 1:04am On Apr 29, 2017
The law proves the scriptures that all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.
Also, no one is righteous before God by himself, that is the more reason why we need the saviour - Jesus Christ.
He has fulfilled the law on our behalf, who believe in him. Romans 10 verse 4.
When you receive this grace unto everlasting life, it helps you to overcome sins, which the Spirit of God constantly convicts us of.
If you accept this Gospel, peace be unto you from God our Father and from Jesus Christ. If you neglect it, the opposite is also true- Judgement from God eternally.
God bless you.
Re: 7 Things The Bible Forbids, But We Do Anyway by khiaa(f): 2:09am On Aug 24, 2017
jrerico1:
We know the Bible can be pretty difficult to accurately interpret. Some people say the old testament laws don't count anymore, but others think they still do. Bible scholars are needed here because there are some actions the Bible ban both in the old and new testament, and we'd like to know if they are still considered a sin or not?

1) Checking babies out:

Matthew 5:28
"But I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lustful intent has already committed adultery with her in His heart

Why do people always think that Obama was checking for this girl, he's clearly looking at the fact that she is barefoot.
Re: 7 Things The Bible Forbids, But We Do Anyway by gwama: 8:05pm On Aug 24, 2017
jrerico1:
7) Tattoos:

leviticus 19:28
" ya shall not make any cuttings in the flesh of the dead, nor print any marks upon you, I am the Lord

And the racial scars, exemple Afonjas scars grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Rape: Victoria Nkong 'Bishop Akinola Micheal Fowowe Attempted To Rape Me' / Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches / "You Will Die" - Johnson Suleiman To El-Rufai (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.